View Full Version : Term 1 - Office of the Chieftain

ice2k4
Feb 28, 2007, 04:52 PM
Welcome fine citizens to the Royal Palace and Office of the Chieftain. Here you can worship your great leader, as well as list your grievances (and then face the lions.);) Seriously though, welcome to the great [nation name] The following few posts will offer quite vital information about the game and more importantly meta-game.

ice2k4
Feb 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
National Headlines
Hiring of Deputies
Currently the Office of the Chieftain is hiring deputies. The hours are long and they pay is low, but hey, you don't really have a choice. Please post in this thread to apply for a deputy job. The positions that are currently vacant are:

Chieftain's First Deputy: Will take the chieftain's position in his absence (if there is one) and will act as his assistant. Will also make sure the Designated Player Pool runs rather smoothly. Also will serve the chieftain at his every call (kidding.)

History Scribe: Will write both a detailed, concise, list, recording events both in-game and partially meta-game, as well a more colorful, role-play oriented version of history.

Legal Adviser: Not a constantly consulted deputy. The main job is take make sure that all the Chieftain's instructions and doings are legal. Should also notify the Chieftain about the current legal happenings and debates, as the current Chieftain doesn't prefer to read through those long tedious posts himself. (Sorry, I'm just not a legal guy.)

Cartographer: Will take screenshots of the save, mostly of maps, as well as demographics and other useful screens. It really is a decent amount of work though. Oldbus did a great job last demogame, and if you look in the Cartograpghy office (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173316) there you can get a feel of how much work it is. Although, I would like some screenshots zoomed out a bit, or connected via image editing program, since sometimes it's hard to look at a map broken up into 4 or 5 different images, and guess on what gos where.

ice2k4
Feb 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
Riservato

Methos
Feb 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
I'd like to offer my services as First Deputy

jdubdixon
Feb 28, 2007, 07:15 PM
I'd like to offer my services in History Scribe. I know I'm not experienced so I won't take rejection hard but I will work hard on this and get all that is needed for a good historical base.

chessplayer
Mar 01, 2007, 01:21 AM
what is the pay?;) :D . Seriously, what would happen if the deputies don't do their job well? do they get sued?:lol:

Joe Harker
Mar 01, 2007, 08:53 AM
I would like to offer myself for the position of legal advisor, i am quite good at looking though compicated language and making sense of it, my main expericence has been hospital legal forms:crazyeye:

CivGeneral
Mar 01, 2007, 01:31 PM
I would like to apply for Deputy of this office if possible.

ice2k4
Mar 01, 2007, 04:09 PM
Congratulations Methos, you have been appointed to Chieftain's first deputy.

Sorry CivGeneral, he asked first, plus he was the only one who ran against me. I'm not going to appoint anyone else today. So if you want you can reapply for another position.

Also, I want to open up one last deputy position:

Cartographer: Will take screenshots of the save, mostly of maps, as well as demographics and other useful screens. It really is a decent amount of work though. Oldbus did a great job last demogame, and if you look in the Cartograpghy office (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173316) there you can get a feel of how much work it is. Although, I would like some screenshots zoomed out a bit, or connected via image editing program, since sometimes it's hard to look at a map broken up into 4 or 5 different images, and guess on what gos where.

CivGeneral
Mar 01, 2007, 05:57 PM
Shot, there are no other possition...

...Oh wait. Could I apply for the Cartograpy one?

ice2k4
Mar 01, 2007, 06:09 PM
Congratulations CivGeneral, you have been appointed as Cartographer.
Congratulations JoeHarker, you have been appointed as Legal Advisor.
Congratulations Jdubdixon, you have been appointed as History Scribe.

@chessplayer Any action committed by my deputies become my responsibility. Although I can not sure them, I can fire them.

Methos, as my First Deputy, managing the DP Pool, will require the following. PM a notice message to the designated player who is "up" and pm'ing a notice to the dp who is "on deck" Also check out the Turnchat Schedule / Summary Thread, as you will be in charge of that.

Joe Harker
Mar 01, 2007, 06:13 PM
Cheers :cheers:
Thank you, my first offical post. Whoo hoo!

Sorry got carried away!:p

jdubdixon
Mar 01, 2007, 06:40 PM
Cheers :cheers:
Thank you, my first offical post. Whoo hoo!

Sorry got carried away!:p
I'll join you :cheers:

Methos
Mar 01, 2007, 08:45 PM
Methos, as my First Deputy, managing the DP Pool, will require the following. PM a notice message to the designated player who is "up" and pm'ing a notice to the dp who is "on deck" Also check out the Turnchat Schedule / Summary Thread, as you will be in charge of that.

Got it....

DaveShack
Mar 02, 2007, 01:40 AM
Got it....

No, this isn't a SG... :lol:

Falcon02
Mar 03, 2007, 01:26 PM
Chieftain Ice2k4,

I was just thinking, given the start save, and now knowing our that we are the Fearsome Mongols...

I would like to propose to you a name change to your title.

How does Khan Ice2k4 the First sound?

Or Khagan, "Khan of Khans."

ice2k4
Mar 04, 2007, 09:12 AM
CivGeneral, I have posted the Cartography Office. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5166404#post5166404)

I would prefer if you posted your first post as The Great Atlas which links to all posts with screenshots, much like the Cartography Office in the last demogame. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173316)

I'll use post #2 to link all Great Atlases posted in different terms (since the cartographer, unless it's you, can not edit your post of the Great Atlas.

ice2k4
Mar 04, 2007, 09:18 AM
Jdubdixon, I posted the History Office (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5166442#post5166442)

Basically your first post should be the shorter role-play oreinted version of history, which you will continuously update, and the second post would be the detailed version of in-game history (including settling of cities, wars, great people born around the world, religions founded etc.)

DaveShack
Mar 04, 2007, 03:19 PM
I'd like to suggest another executive session. It has been suggested and seconded in the capital site thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=209984) that we move the scout 1S, and then if nothing important is revealed move the settler 1S. A little more time for discussion would be good, perhaps in its own thread in the citizens forum. Then hopefully we'll come to a concensus on where to settle, and the 1st turnchat can proceed full speed. :)

ice2k4
Mar 04, 2007, 04:28 PM
I'll be making the executive order tonight, and this time giving it until tomorrow morning, allowing citizens to make objections. If three citizens object, than I will call it off. I will not be home until around 5 or 6 EST which is two or three hours before the next scheduled turnchat, so I will be leaving the instructions, then I'll give the instructions to the scheduled turnchat when I get home.

ravensfire
Mar 04, 2007, 07:36 PM
If there is another emergency session, my scheduled session will be no earlier than Thursday.

I honestly don't care either way - a precedent for this government's course of actions has been made.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire
Mar 05, 2007, 08:50 AM
Chieftain ice2k4,

Kindly determine soon our course of action. Should I hear nothing, I will play the game session as scheduled.

-- Ravensfire

ori
Mar 05, 2007, 09:22 AM
I'll be making the executive order tonight, and this time giving it until tomorrow morning, allowing citizens to make objections.

This has not been posted.

If three citizens object, than I will call it off. I will not be home until around 5 or 6 EST which is two or three hours before the next scheduled turnchat, so I will be leaving the instructions, then I'll give the instructions to the scheduled turnchat when I get home.

Chieftain ice2k4,

Kindly determine soon our course of action. Should I hear nothing, I will play the game session as scheduled.

-- Ravensfire

I have to say, I don't like this - because of the above and the discussion in the capital city thread we have focussed on the initial moves and the settler (anticipating a 2nd turn 0 session as announced) - there has not been much discussion on initial research or build order and not even the officials have yet posted anything regarding this so that I would really like to know how you plan to play the first "real" session (of more then turn 0 I mean)...

dutchfire
Mar 05, 2007, 09:24 AM
I also object to a full 10 turn TC. I'd prefer another swift 0 turn chat, although not as swift as the last one :p

ravensfire
Mar 05, 2007, 09:39 AM
I also object to a full 10 turn TC. I'd prefer another swift 0 turn chat, although not as swift as the last one :p

I 'spec the player of that session could have waited more than 2 minutes before playing ... :rolleyes:

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire
Mar 05, 2007, 09:42 AM
@Ori - That's my blatant attempt at forcing non last-minute communication. I'm trying to schedule around a few things tonight in my life. Seeing things posted at the last second, as is apparently intended doesn't help with that schedule, nor does it allow for adequate discussion of those instructions.

Posting "planned" or "proposed" instructions last night would have helped focus things a bit more. At this point, I honestly don't care if there's a special session, or I delay until later (Sat or Sun, at this point).

-- Ravensfire

dutchfire
Mar 05, 2007, 09:43 AM
I 'spec the player of that session could have waited more than 2 minutes before playing ...

-- Ravensfire

There were instructions...
Dutchfire will be playing the save as soon as he receives it.

Then again someone saying he was only following instructions reminds me of the Germans in the second world war.

fed1943
Mar 05, 2007, 01:09 PM
Just to check if I understood the rules:
Turn chat played at the posted time; if there is instructions from the Chieftain,
DP must follow; if not, DP plays as see fit.
Please, am I right or wrong?
Best regards,

DaveShack
Mar 05, 2007, 01:40 PM
What's done is done. Our focus should now turn to how to play the upcoming session. Please stick to the future -- there are other ways to handle the past, if anything needs to be done.

There should be two prerequisites for playing:

There is adequate information for the people to decide what to do.
There is adequate opportunity for the people to decide what to do.

If the information and opportunity are there and the people don't decide, then moving forward is justified. I'd have no problem with delaying if either one is not satisfied.

We generally (over the course of 8 former Civ3 and Civ4 demogames) have considered 3 days to be the gold standard for opportunity. I know there are dissenters on this, who think 4 or 5 days are required, but considering that every citizen doesn't need to be here for every discussion, 3 days is normally sufficient.

There have been 3 days of discussion on the capitol location. That's 3 days that any citizen who thinks the settlement location is worth a poll could have opened one. There are still several hours remaining before the scheduled play session, and a poll could still be opened. I'd expect a reschedule if a poll does appear.

The science discussion has no conclusive answer at present. Again, there have been lots of opportunities to poll. Same goes for 1st production.

Lack of information is why we wanted the special session. Some would argue that we still need another one to get more information.

At the same time we are being careful to not leave some citizens behind by proceeding too fast, we also need to keep activity high. This is especially important now, when boredom could easly drive people away even faster than a perception of not enough democracy. We should try to be in a position that there is a DP ready to play soon after the people have decided. Waiting a week or more between sessions is one of the things which killed DG1. This is why I argued so strongly in favor of play order flexibility. I don't fault anyone who has external influences on play schedule. I'm completely unavailable the evening of 3/7 and most of the day on 3/11.

So the net is, if you think something should be polled then poll it. If you think some aspect of the game is not being discussed, start one.

DaveShack
Mar 05, 2007, 01:43 PM
Just to check if I understood the rules:
Turn chat played at the posted time; if there is instructions from the Chieftain,
DP must follow; if not, DP plays as see fit.
Please, am I right or wrong?
Best regards,

That is correct. :) Also the Elder posts instructions about the city, if not the DP decides. However, the DP usually takes the citizen input from the forum. In past games there have been very few instances of DP's who intentionally went against the people's wishes.

ice2k4
Mar 05, 2007, 04:36 PM
The immediate session as you can see has not been called, due to strong opposition and controversy. Within the next hour I will decide whether to delay the next turnchat, since the citizens seem to have much more opinion on my actions than on the actual in-game settlement. :/

ravensfire
Mar 05, 2007, 08:18 PM
Chieftain ice2k4,

We've run our first 4 turns, and had an interesting start.

I've taken the liberty of starting a few discussions on relevant topics. Your leadership in those areas would be greatly appreciated however! I've got this bar by my big rock that I need to keep an eye on. You know those lawyerly types - never trust Cyc if there's an full (or at least not empty) bottle around!

-- Ravensfire

ice2k4
Mar 06, 2007, 05:00 PM
Chieftain ice2k4,

We've run our first 4 turns, and had an interesting start.

I've taken the liberty of starting a few discussions on relevant topics. Your leadership in those areas would be greatly appreciated however! I've got this bar by my big rock that I need to keep an eye on. You know those lawyerly types - never trust Cyc if there's an full (or at least not empty) bottle around!

-- RavensfireNo need to worry, I'll be part of the convos, I'm just not home the same hours as what looks like to be the majority of the citizens.

ravensfire
Mar 07, 2007, 08:53 AM
Chieftain ice2k4,

Our next game session is this Saturday. If possible, could you post your instructions before Friday, so we can discuss them?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

ice2k4
Mar 07, 2007, 05:10 PM
My instructions shall be posted tomorrow, as Friday I will not be home. This time I'll make sure of it.

Chieftess
Mar 12, 2007, 05:22 AM
Here is my proposal for the growth of the city. It's a bit more agressive to get a settler out quicker.

Actually, the worker should do this -

1 - Irragate the wheat
2 - Irragate the tile 1 SW of the city.
3 - Mine the forested hill.

(I'd rather get the city growing a little quicker before connecting the wheat)

Turn 7 - Worker should be complete, start the warrior. Send the worker to the wheat.
Turn 8 - Irragate the wheat. (5 turns)
Turn 10 - Start a settler.

By the time the worker is done irragating, move to the forested hill 1E of the city. We should have bronze working by the time it's ready to mine. Next turn, start mining.

The warrior may start to move towards the next city site. After the settler (should take maybe 7 turns with a chop), build another warrior. After the mine is finished, irragate the grassland 1 SW of the city.

Focus the city on growth for now.

DaveShack
Mar 12, 2007, 12:50 PM
There is some renewed discussion of whether we should try to get a religion before BW. I'd recommend commenting over in the tech discussion thred on how that choice might affect the development plan. :)

Methos
Mar 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
Don't forget to post your instructions in the TCIT.

ice2k4
Mar 17, 2007, 09:27 AM
Haven't forgotten. Still deciding whether I should delay the turnchat.

Chieftess
Mar 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
The chieftain can delay the turnchat? Never knew that. That could potentially inconvience a DP. (i.e., if they could only play on that one day)

dutchfire
Mar 17, 2007, 11:37 AM
All officials can delay turnchats. Just post a stop order.

DaveShack
Mar 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
Since we'll be settling a new city after nominations start but before the next term, remember to include a 2nd elder position in the election. :)

Falcon02
Mar 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
Since we'll be settling a new city after nominations start but before the next term, remember to include a 2nd elder position in the election. :)

I'm still waiting for the Military department to get reinstated... :(

ravensfire
Mar 20, 2007, 02:22 PM
We have a military? :dunno:

-- Ravensfire

fed1943
Mar 20, 2007, 02:31 PM
Then we much need a military man to tell us what military we must get.

Best regards,

Falcon02
Mar 20, 2007, 06:19 PM
We have a military? :dunno:

-- Ravensfire

That's kinda part of my lamentations... cause it isn't gonna happen very soon.

DaveShack
Mar 20, 2007, 06:56 PM
Adding a military office is as simple as passing an initiative creating the office. :)

ice2k4
Mar 21, 2007, 06:01 PM
I was going to announce it tomorrow, but Dutchfire has been appointed to Elder for our second city. Congratulations.

Shattered
Mar 22, 2007, 12:56 AM
Can the chieftan appoint elected positions? I didn't realize he had this power.

ordinaryguy
Mar 22, 2007, 01:08 AM

So did I. I thought he could only appoint deputies......:confused:

don't the citizens have to be consulted before a decision like this is made?

ori
Mar 22, 2007, 03:27 AM
I was going to announce it tomorrow, but Dutchfire has been appointed to Elder for our second city. Congratulations.

Congrats Dutchfire :goodjob:

So did I. I thought he could only appoint deputies......:confused:

don't the citizens have to be consulted before a decision like this is made?

Just as a reminder of what we all agreed to :p

Excerpt from Citizen Initiative - Tribal Government (Final Tweaks) (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5106935&postcount=1)

(...)

Each city will have an Elder. The Elder controls all functions of the city. If a city is founded in mid-term, the Elder will be appointed by the Chieftain. The Elder for the first city will be elected in the first term.

(...)

ordinaryguy
Mar 22, 2007, 06:22 AM
Gosh, I missed that clause. I would have voted against it then......Yes, the majority agreed, but......

Personally, I feel that an Elder should be elected by the citizens. (no offence to the ice2k4 or dutchfire though). I have no problems with dutchfire being the Elder for our second city, but I feel that he should have been appointed by the Chieftain after consultation of the citizens.

What do other citizens think?

ravensfire
Mar 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
Personally, I feel that an Elder should be elected by the citizens. (no offence to the ice2k4 or dutchfire though). I have no problems with dutchfire being the Elder for our second city, but I feel that he should have been appointed by the Chieftain after consultation of the citizens.

I think you should ask that of the future Chieftain candidates. I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't a call for people to apply for this position, but I've been disappointed with this Governement for most of the term.

What I think is the best process is for the Chieftain to post the availability of a new position, and choose from those that are interested. It's quick, uncomplicated and works. A full blown election really isn't needed.

I'll also point out that the Chieftain, like any official, can delegate duties to another citizen. For example, ice2k4 could create a position today called Warlord, appoint DZ and give that position control over all units. It's not an office, and is dissolved at the end of the term, but it allows for quick changes while working on the permanent change via Initiative.

-- Ravensfire

Bertie
Mar 22, 2007, 09:06 AM
What I think is the best process is for the Chieftain to post the availability of a new position, and choose from those that are interested. It's quick, uncomplicated and works. A full blown election really isn't needed.

I agree with this. I think Dutchfire will be an excellent Elder and I'm glad he has the position. However, officials derive their power from the people and the people should be consulted. Making the correct decision isn't sufficient if it's done unilaterally; the whole point of the DG is this is a collaborative process.

This doesn't mean an official, after consulting the citizens, can't make a decision that's contrary to the popular will. It may be foolish to do so because if a majority thinks an official behaved badly a coup may result; but we all are allowed to do what we think is right and proper and then suffer the consequences. However, not consulting the people on an important issue, particularly when there is no time pressure (we've known for awhile a second city was coming), is just wrong IMO.

dutchfire
Mar 22, 2007, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the confidence! I'll set up shop now.

DaveShack
Mar 22, 2007, 09:59 AM
We do have a way of influencing the Chieftain's choice for an appointment.

Section 3 Confirmations
Any appointment may be challenged by a confirmation poll. If a confirmation poll does not already exist for an appointment, any citizen may create such a poll. This poll must be created within 48 hours of the appointment, and must ask "Do you approve of <description of appointment>", contain only Yes, No and Abstain options, be marked private, single-choice and expire in 2 days. When the poll closes, if the majority of citizens, not including abstain, voted No, the appointment is overturned. Any other result confirms the appointment.

I'm happy with the choice. I also agree that it would be a good idea to include "how will you handle appointments" in our questions to the candidates. :)

dutchfire
Mar 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
Chieftain Ice,
What are your plans for the worker next turnchat? I'd like to have it hook up the horses asap. It's the best tile for my city to work, and it's an essential resource for the protection of our empire.

ordinaryguy
Mar 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
Poll can be found here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=213128)

Methos
Mar 23, 2007, 10:45 AM
As First Deputy I will be the EO for Term 2. According to our law the nomination threads will become open on Saturday morning and run through the weekend, ending on Tuesday morning. I'm posting this here, so that all citizens will know of the intent of the nomination threads in hopes that no citizen misses them due to falling on a weekend.

Thanks.

Excerpt from Citizen Initiative - Conducting Elections (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5080784&postcount=1)
The Election Act of 4000 BC

Conducting the affairs of Government in our system requires periodic elections. These elections allow citizen to chose their leaders based on their personalities, views and stated goals.

Terms of office will run from the first of the month to the last day. If the first term starts in the middle of a month, that term will not end until the last day of the subsequent month. No citizen can be elected to the same office in more than two consecutive terms.

Elections will be conducted by the official in charge of Election (called the EO). The EO will create nomination threads for each elected office, plus the Designated Player poll, 7 days prior to the end of the current term. After 3 days, the EO will post voting polls, one for each contested office, listing each candidate that has accepted their nomination in order of acceptance. These polls will be marked private, single-choice, and will be set to expire in 3 days.

Citizens can only accept one nomination for an elected office. If they accept more than one, the EO will try to determine which one is their preference. If the EO cannot, they will assume the most recent acceptance takes precendence. The Designated Player pool is not considered an elected office.

The citizen recieving the most votes at the conclusion of the election poll is deemed the winner of that election. In the event that more than one citizen is tied for the most votes, a runoff election poll, listing all citizen's tied for the most votes, will be conducted. This poll will be marked private, single-choice, and will be set to expire in 2 days. This process will be repeated until one citizen recieves the most votes.

A citizen can withdraw from an election at any time. This is an irreversible choice. When they do so, their name, and number of votes, is ignored for determining the winner of the election and for any runoffs.

The Designated Player poll will list all citizens that accepted their nomination. This poll will be marked private, multiple choice and will be set to expire in three days. All citizens receiving the required support will be considered to be the Designated Player pool for that term.

Joe Harker
Mar 24, 2007, 01:03 PM
I believe Methos that the EO was only for the first term elections and now the chieftain has to do it I think.

Methos
Mar 24, 2007, 01:08 PM
and now the chieftain has to do it I think.

When the Chieftain PM's me and asks me to do it, than that makes me the EO.

ice2k4
Mar 24, 2007, 03:43 PM
When the Chieftain PM's me and asks me to do it, than that makes me the EO.I'll confirm that. I delegated that duty to a deputy (Methos.)

NKVD
Mar 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
well if you ever need another cartographer or if civgeneral is overwhelm by our massive empire i'm there because cartography is a hobby for me in real life so I would like to help. I didnt see this thread offering the seat of cartographer until now.

I have some ideas but dont want to steal the job.

Methos
Mar 25, 2007, 08:38 AM
well if you ever need another cartographer or if civgeneral is overwhelm by our massive empire i'm there because cartography is a hobby for me in real life so I would like to help. I didnt see this thread offering the seat of cartographer until now.

I have some ideas but dont want to steal the job.

CivGenerals job only lasted during the 1st term, meaning the job will come open again in the 2nd term. I suggest you ask the next Chieftain for the job.

Chieftess
Mar 25, 2007, 08:44 AM
Unlike Civ3, it isn't as possible to make a clean looking map due to the 3D-ness of the map. So, I think it would get harder as the game goes along (it might look a bit more like Google Earth where the buildings shoot off at odd angles. :)).

dutchfire
Mar 25, 2007, 08:50 AM
Flying camera mode might help though.

NKVD
Mar 25, 2007, 09:09 AM
If I win second term cartographer it will be spectacular... :) garanteed

ice2k4
Mar 25, 2007, 09:14 AM
I admit that the cartography office as well as the history office failed this term. NKVD you are welcome to contribute to the current office and I urge you to apply for the job to the chieftain next term.

NKVD
Mar 25, 2007, 09:41 AM
great i can start working on a new map which will be photoshopped because i dont really like the rendering of civ.

I believe citizens should get more than screenshots for maps. This is why I believe each rivers, mountains, deserts and ocean should have their proper name.

If we want to give ocean a name should it pass by a poll or is the cartographer's power enough to decide with the chieftain authorization. Anyway, I believe they would be named after people contributing to this game... ex: Ice mountains seems logical. dutchfire desert also :)

edited for some typos and a question

Where do I find the most up to date save?

ice2k4
Mar 25, 2007, 10:11 AM
The most current save can be downloaded here. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/7394/C4DG2_BC-2080_-_Turn_8_-_Fixed_Nation_Name.Civ4SavedGame)

NKVD
Mar 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
The most current save can be downloaded here. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/7394/C4DG2_BC-2080_-_Turn_8_-_Fixed_Nation_Name.Civ4SavedGame)

that is the one I had it was in the last TCIT thread right?...

and as for my question of naming geographic places ?

ice2k4
Mar 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
that is the one I had it was in the last TCIT thread right?...Yes and it can also be found in the most recent turnchat thread, as well as the turnchat summary thread.

and as for my question of naming geographic places ?Last game, mid-game, I think it was dutchfire who proposed this. We named most of the geographic features, although no one ever really used the names. I do support this idea though.

DaveShack
Mar 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
I think the naming initiative talks about naming features.

NKVD
Mar 25, 2007, 04:37 PM
I think the naming initiative talks about naming features.

correct but I didnt want to flood the poll section with naming initiative...so can I post like 10 polls asking what the name of the continent or sea should be??

also if features were not used by members it was probably because they were introduced mid-game.

Joe Harker
Mar 26, 2007, 03:10 AM
When the Chieftain PM's me and asks me to do it, than that makes me the EO.

Fair enough
Just pointing it out.

dutchfire
Mar 26, 2007, 11:45 AM
correct but I didnt want to flood the poll section with naming initiative...so can I post like 10 polls asking what the name of the continent or sea should be??

also if features were not used by members it was probably because they were introduced mid-game.

Open 1 discussion thread called names (or something like that) first, containing all the things you want to be named, then if there's enough support you can poll some things.

CivGeneral
Mar 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
I do hope it is alright that the Cartography office releace Volumes of the Big Book of Maps each term for their archives. (Note, they will be in PDF format)

dutchfire
Mar 28, 2007, 05:21 AM
Don't forget to post your instructions for George's TC, it's today!

ice2k4
Mar 28, 2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry I couldn't give instructions. Verizon's internet blew out in my area for the last 2 days and I just got back on now. Either way, it looks like you handled yourself fine. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

10characters