View Full Version : Nuclear Plants... are they worth it?

nikosison
Apr 03, 2007, 04:08 AM
This is may be a stupid question but are nuclear plat worth it? I mean in all of my games that reached the modern era, I've built one in ALL my cities and NEVER experienced a meltdown. Am I just lucky? BTW all those games were below noble. In fact I just started my first noble game.

cabert
Apr 03, 2007, 06:04 AM
This is may be a stupid question but are nuclear plat worth it? I mean in all of my games that reached the modern era, I've built one in ALL my cities and NEVER experienced a meltdown. Am I just lucky? BTW all those games were below noble. In fact I just started my first noble game.

I've yet to build a single nuclear plant :lol:
At noble, you should be able to get the 3GD, giving power to every city on the continent.
If you don't get it (by not trying ;)), coal plants come earlier and teh health penalty isn't THAT bad.
On rivers, you can build hydroplants. That's enough possibilities for me, so I don't run the risk of meltdown.

JimT
Apr 03, 2007, 08:06 AM

Most people won't know too many people tried them on earlier versions of civ and never went back.