View Full Version : Tempted to put 3rd post(About a newspaper)

allhailIndia
May 05, 2002, 04:01 AM
However, I shall be a decent citizen and raise my voice on an issue which is nagging my head.

How come we do not have something like a Phoenetica Daily or something like that?:confused:

Lot's of us cannot attend the turn chats, but would like a good review of what happened in Phoenetica th elast 15 turns, or at least a summary of it.
:(

I propose to our wise leaders that they make arrangements for a newspaper or some form of giving us a brief summary of what is goung on
:king:

Chieftess
May 05, 2002, 09:42 AM
(Seems like Bill in PDX, Plexxes, and TDOF had a little too much fun posting those other topics. :))

Anyway, I think having a newspaper or a CNN-like news (PNN for that matter) would be interesting. You could check with the Cultural and Domestic Departments to see what they think. I'm in charge of the Trade Department, so I don't think I'd be able to have too much say. Maybe just an endorsment. :)

As for the chats, there's also chat logs that you can download. In addition to making news about chats, you could make up other news about stuff that might be happening. (i.e., we capture a city, and something happens, or about daily life in Phonetica - like sports, opinions, commerce, law, etc.).

punkbass2000
May 05, 2002, 10:02 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me, if you can find someone to run it.

Immortal
May 05, 2002, 11:20 AM
I have the honor of posting the log files after each chat (as of now I have only missed 2)
linky 4 u:
Log Files (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20459)

as for the newspaper, someone attempted to do it, but he stopped doing it after a week or two

Grey Fox
May 05, 2002, 07:51 PM
I could do the Graphics for this Newspaper, so that it has the feel and look of a paper Paper.

What do you think?

Whit photos of battles, completions of buildings etc...

allhailIndia
May 05, 2002, 11:34 PM
Excellent, we could have several sections to the newspaper, say a Cities section, listing important events in cities, a section about wars, an interview with a cabinet member, opinion polls, etc. I think one person may not be able to manage so we need about 5-6 people to run the newspaper. I am willing to start one if the govt. gives me sanction and a few guys can join me as well:D

eyrei
May 06, 2002, 07:17 AM
Sounds like fun. I would talk to Justus, our culture minister about setting it up. He might be able to arrange a sticky thread.

Shaitan
May 06, 2002, 07:54 AM
Some "man on the street" quips would be cool too. Select a question on current events and send it to 6 or so random citizens.

Duke of Marlbrough
May 07, 2002, 12:55 AM
If you guys want a newspaper thread, then post one and let me know and I'll stick it.

A 'newspaper' can be a nice distraction from the game, while dealing with the game. I know it helps us in the Civ 2 Democ game. :)

Justus II
May 07, 2002, 01:00 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Anything to encourage reading!;)

Allhailindia, can I take your post as an application to be the editor? Or at least one of the contributors? I will establish a thread to get organized. I think a "Daily" might be too ambitious, but certainly a weekly edition shouldn't be too hard. Once we get articles, interviews, etc, we could post them all to a common thread. Anyone else who is interested in contributing, let me know.

Duke of Marlbrough
May 07, 2002, 01:19 AM
Here's (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22005) the new thread.

If you guys want it in a differnt section of the Democ game, just let me know. We can even put it in the main section if you want.

I added a couple lines in the Newspaper post, but I'll say it here too:

Do not abuse the paper and try to use it for flaming, trolling, or offending others. All the rules of the forum still apply to the paper.

Have Fun! :cool:

allhailIndia
May 07, 2002, 08:05 AM
Thank You DoM, we shall strive to give the ordinary citizen news he needs and let the Ministers get the pulse of the people, all within the limits of the rules of the forum of course:goodjob: