View Full Version : Remake of Master of Orion I - Take a look!

Commander8ball
Jun 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
Over the past few months I've been on mission to make one of the greastest game ever made a little better. As the years of playing went on, I found myself wanting more out of the game. The introduction of MOO II and MOO III into the saga, I hoped, would be able to address the many isusses that were missing. In the end I found them some what pleasing, but sadly both games just didn't have the spark of the original. After many years of owning all three games I found myself repeatedly sitting back at the computer, staring at the purple wormhole, ready to press the button to begain another great adventure.

From what I've said already, you can see that I really enjoy being immersed in the MOO universe. Renturning to the matter at hand for which this thread was started; I'm asking for anybody who would like to be involved in the Fundamental creation of a new game based strictly on the MOO universe. This game would follow the history of Orion along with all the races and overall feel of the original MOO. Anybody who is interesed plaese replay with any and all comments you might have.

vmxa
Jun 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
I have seen several these attempts started and I root for everyone of them to be great. One direct remake got quite a wa along, but I have not seen an update from Ray in close to 2 years.

Too bad he is not around as he has a lot of the graphics done.

Commander8ball
Jun 14, 2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the support! If there are not to many people interested, thats ok. I just put this up to try and find other peoples ideas of what they would like to see incorperated; as to not miss something someone else finds important so it could be put in the game.

vmxa
Jun 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
You may want to check on this site.

http://p066.ezboard.com/bmoo1plus

Commander8ball
Jun 15, 2007, 01:38 PM
they diddn't seem to interested, the lastest post on that forum was April of 2006.

R.B.
Jun 18, 2007, 12:48 PM
Could we PM you ideas, too?

JosEPh_II
Jun 20, 2007, 10:49 AM
I had a .jar file or 2 for Ray's Java MoO around somewhere. Ray gave up because of difficulties in making the AI more responsive.

Just an update to current PC standards for MoO would have satisfied me.

And yes there have been several attempts at MoO and MoO2 over the years with vxma's friend Lord Brazen for MoO2 getting along the furthest.

Sadly many of the other projects ended like Ray Kerby's JavaMoO.

Even FreeOrion is still a work in progress. But it's been 3 years in the making and only version 0.31 is available. It's far from being a complete game though.

Sigh! Maybe someday someone will actually do it.

JosEPh

vmxa
Jun 20, 2007, 04:58 PM
I had real hope for Ray at one time as it looked so good.

barseer
Jun 21, 2007, 05:09 PM
And yes there have been several attempts at MoO and MoO2 over the years with vxma's friend Lord Brazen for MoO2 getting along the furthest.

vxma and LB are friends? AFAIK they never chatted and vxma doesn't use the 1.4 patch.

vmxa
Jun 21, 2007, 05:33 PM
Can't say for sure if we have ever exchanged a post, probably have at some point somewhere, but no harm done.

If I recall the patch is only for the Dos version of M002 and I could not get it to work. I use the windows version anyway. In fact I do not put mods on any of my games, only the patches put out by the designers.

barseer
Jun 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, you never exchanged any post, therefore I wont consider you both friends.

BTW, on the one hand you are a supporter of remakes, on the other hand you strongly dislike unofficial patches/mods that don't even touch the official 1.31 version. They simply coexist like a remake would. That doesn't make sense in my opinion.

vmxa
Jun 23, 2007, 06:44 PM
barseer you seem to put things in that are not mentioned by me. Never said I was even in contact with Lord Brazens. I never I said I strongly dislike unofficial patches.

I merely said I stay unmodded in all my games. What doesn't makes sense is when someone attributes statements to others, that they did not make.

Plus I am not sure how you could know that I never posted in any thread he has. It may be correct, but I do not even know if it is or not. I spoke to lots of players on the Moo boards on Poly over the years and the old Atari boards.

I am not upset with it or anything, but just trying to clarify. It is not important in any event.

barseer
Jun 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
Never said I was even in contact with Lord Brazens.

I have never said that you have said it.

I never I said I strongly dislike unofficial patches.

I have never said that you have said it. Though I conclude someone dislikes them when he still plays MOO2 but never installed them for whatever reason (DOSBox is no rocket science, btw). Remove the "strongly" when you are happier.

Plus I am not sure how you could know that I never posted in any thread he has. It may be correct, but I do not even know if it is or not. I spoke to lots of players on the Moo boards on Poly over the years and the old Atari boards.

He never posted on poly or atari boards. Just on his own board.