View Full Version : After all the arguements, there is De Gaulle!

diablodelmar
Jun 20, 2007, 05:05 AM
After much controversial "Oh yes he is" and "oh no he isn't" type arguements, we can confirm that De Gaulle is a new Leader for the French.

It's a pity the Spanish aren't getting a new leader, though. They are underrepresented in this game. Oh well.

sneaky
Jun 20, 2007, 05:08 AM
It is a pity Spain isn't getting another leader. On the other hand, the best candidates, Charles I and Philip II, have pretty much the same character as Isabella. I am not sure how they could give them different traits.

SkippyT
Jun 20, 2007, 05:40 AM
I'm sad, because if Charles de Gaulle can be in, Dan Quayle can. He was horrible..:(

The Spanish, Arabs and Scandinavians all should have been put in front of line of Charles. My oh my.

Onagan
Jun 20, 2007, 05:41 AM
and what about the Japanese?

Marla_Singer
Jun 20, 2007, 05:43 AM
I'm sad, because if Charles de Gaulle can be in, Dan Quayle can. He was horrible..:(How old are you ?

I understand you could consider that a third leader for France is too much, but considering De Gaulle as horrible and comparing him with some kind of unknown guy who apparently according to wikipedia even failed to run for his own country's presidential election doesn't make your opinion very valuable.

Churchill's Hat
Jun 20, 2007, 05:44 AM
A lot of civs are underrepresented, and, unfortunately, Firaxis thinks its a better idea to put in 3 leaders for some civs than to add another leader to a one-leader civ. If we got rid of Stalin, Lincoln, Churchill, and De Gaulle, we could have another leader for Japan, Spain, Arabia and Scandinavia.

Marla_Singer
Jun 20, 2007, 05:49 AM
A lot of civs are underrepresented, and, unfortunately, Firaxis thinks its a better idea to put in 3 leaders for some civs than to add another leader to a one-leader civ. If we got rid of Stalin, Lincoln, Churchill, and De Gaulle, we could have another leader for Japan, Spain, Arabia and Scandinavia.The funny story is that all of the 4 civilizations having three leaders are nowadays both official nuclear powers and permanent members of the UN security council. The only one remaining with 2 being China.

Did that unconsciously influenced Firaxis in its choice ? :p

ZB2
Jun 20, 2007, 05:59 AM
Hmm nuclear power is a big acheivement for a civilization, at least in the early days when scientists had to figure it out, not like now when you can buy the help from Russia :P

snipperrabbit!!
Jun 20, 2007, 06:16 AM
They need to save the Japanese and Spanish leaders for the third XP. Perhaps. And De Gaulle was a decent leader.

ZB2
Jun 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
Oh yes he was a good person in power post WW2 with his efforts on social and commercial enterprizes. But that just does not compare to the Civs in the game who only have 1 leader (Apart from Zulu, Aztec, Incas)