View Full Version : Citizens' Poll: Accepting the President's resignation

chiefpaco
May 20, 2002, 08:54 AM
Please read the other threads to be as informed as possible concerning the consequences of this vote. If you have not and will not, please abstain.

I will host a citizen's poll for the cabinet vote on accepting Grey Fox's resignation for this term. The related discussion is hosted here:
Presidential Election Needed (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22871)

The cabinet vote is hosted here:
Cabinet Vote to accept or decline Grey Fox's resignation (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22894)

Note, there has not been allocated the normal time for discussion, nor will this poll be open longer than necessary. A swift decision is required. I am unclear as to when the cabinet vote will close, but will try to vote there as soon as possible.

disorganizer
May 20, 2002, 11:47 AM
is it up to us to not accept it? if he resigns, it is HIS will. we can do nothing about it!
therefor i abstained because this poll makes no sense.

Shaitan
May 20, 2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by disorganizer
is it up to us to not accept it? if he resigns, it is HIS will. we can do nothing about it!
therefor i abstained because this poll makes no sense.
We're taking this in the traditional form where GreyFox offered his resignation. It is up to the employer whether to accept or decline a resignation.

disorganizer
May 20, 2002, 12:12 PM
well, but he is a politician, not an employee.

Shaitan
May 20, 2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by disorganizer
well, but he is a politician, not an employee.
ALL politicians are employees! :D

disorganizer
May 20, 2002, 12:18 PM
well, employees of the people. with no contract at all.

Grey Fox
May 20, 2002, 12:20 PM
I can only say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAhahahahahahahahahahahah! :D

And:

Mwuahahahhahahaha ha ;) :D haha... lol haha

Bill_in_PDX
May 20, 2002, 01:18 PM
Even in the case of employees accepting a resignation is a mere formality. I currently run a business that employees 150 people, and I can tell you that the laughter that would ensure from me saying "no" to a resignation would be quite loud, and not legally defensible.

I understand the logic behind this move. I think the better answer would be to ask Grey Fox to withdraw his resignation and not run for election in term 3.

Bill
...in PDX

disorganizer
May 20, 2002, 01:34 PM
or maybe start nominations IMMEDIATELY (for term3) and come to an election for term3 as soon as possible. we could then start term3 1 week early, so it would be 1 week longer than the others.

Shaitan
May 20, 2002, 03:02 PM
In the real world it's a formality but remember that it's not even 900 AD in Phoenatica.

Strider
May 20, 2002, 05:37 PM
Everyone vote no then Grey Fox might see that we need him to be president(Even through he was a bad one :) and he might stay!

donsig
May 20, 2002, 05:48 PM
Has anyone asked Grey Fox to rescind his resignation?

Chieftess
May 20, 2002, 06:03 PM
Why the debate? If real life takes precedence, then you should resign.