View Full Version : Idea...

dazman92
Jul 04, 2007, 10:18 AM
Lets say you're fighting a war.

And your opponent collapses and the cities become independant.

to make things easier, could rhye make it so 1/2-3/4 of the cities automatically become under your control?

lumpthing
Jul 04, 2007, 10:51 AM
Personally I wouldn't like that at all. When a civ collapses it just means that it has collapsed into a multiple smaller states (well, that's my interpretation anyway). It doesn't mean that they have capitulated to the enemy.

Edungeon
Jul 04, 2007, 11:07 AM
And why the independent people would want to go to your rule? =p Because well, they are now finally "independent".

Ambassador
Jul 04, 2007, 11:16 AM
I agree. Them being independent is also much more fun. In fact, YOU want to play the game not the game already been played for you ...

flaming_iles
Jul 04, 2007, 12:11 PM
I think that in earlier versions, if a nearby civ collapsed, some cities were automatically flipped to you instead of the independent, but it was taken out because it kept destabilising your economy and you couldn't choose whether to accept the flip or not.

Rhye
Jul 04, 2007, 02:38 PM
I think that in earlier versions, if a nearby civ collapsed, some cities were automatically flipped to you instead of the independent, but it was taken out because it kept destabilising your economy and you couldn't choose whether to accept the flip or not.

yes, exactly.