View Full Version : Random Rants Two

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rossiya
Jul 09, 2007, 09:01 AM
Rant about the things that grind you here!

Personally, I hate British weather.

Nylan
Jul 09, 2007, 09:16 AM
I hate the many roadblocks in the way of recording a demo CD. First, you must find other musicians that you can tolerate and are at least semi-competent (harder than one would think), then you must of course write your songs. The next difficulty is instruments themselves. Anything actually worthy of stage time (and for that matter recording time if you know whats good for you) is going to cost you a good chunk of green...and even more if you are running solo because you didn't manage to find those "bandmates".

After that there is finding a studio that knows what they're doing. There are a lot of amateurs who make sub-par recordings you could do on your own with the likes of Audacity or GarageBand. Then there is the (VERY) expensive process of recording, afterwards you must pay more to let them mix your recordings and hope and pray they do a good job. After that is getting the CDs, and if you don't want to look like you made them in your bedroom, then the supplies and time necessary to make them look presentable, be it with a cover or a case etc. Then there is distribution, where it's all or nothing. Either people (or record companies depending on your goal) enjoy listening to your music or all that time and money is down the drain.

Kal'thzar
Jul 09, 2007, 09:30 AM
Personally I LOVE british weather.

I don't get what the fuss is about, its not as if it rains 24/7.

Yes, the OP reminded me of this rant I've had building up inside me, I actually realise how little it rains when it started raining heavily, and I looked outside and thought, hmm bit difficult to do things that I usually do.

How long does it take the guilt to wear off once you start wasting work hours online :p

Swedishguy
Jul 09, 2007, 10:35 AM
Dang horses. Sweden has the highest amount of horses in the world, which means the roads in the forests are filled up with dung, which means that I have to watch out whenever I take a jog.

Communisto
Jul 09, 2007, 10:42 AM
I was unable to take my careers course last year so now I have to take it again but because of several unfortunate circumstances I have to take the course through the catholic school board for the summer and every assignment boils down to this;

1: Why is jesus awesome?
2: What do jesus' awesome rules have to do with this assignment?
3: What can you do to follow jesus' awesome rules in this classroom?

One of the instructions was; "Write 5 rules to do with this course that would make all feel welcome." The first rule I put was "1.No judging people based on personal beliefs, sexual orientation or race" and I got an email from my teacher that went along these lines "We don't see sexual orientation as being of the same caliber as the two other things." Great.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 09, 2007, 10:50 AM
Well, bear in mind Jesus didn't ever say anything about sexual orientation, one way or the other . . .

Communisto
Jul 09, 2007, 10:54 AM
Well, bear in mind Jesus didn't ever say anything about sexual orientation, one way or the other . . .

That might be true but still, why should children with different sexual orientations be judged based on that in any classroom?

warpus
Jul 09, 2007, 10:57 AM
That might be true but still, why should children with different sexual orientations be judged based on that in any classroom?

Because catholic priests don't like competition

*drumroll*

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 09, 2007, 10:58 AM
For what it's worth, the religion classes in my Catholic high school distinguished between orientation and behavior, and while they made passing mention that homosexual behavior was wrong, they also taught not to judge anyone based on sexual orientation.

TheLastOne36
Jul 09, 2007, 10:59 AM

*drumroll*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Communisto
Jul 09, 2007, 11:00 AM
For what it's worth, the religion classes in my Catholic high school distinguished between orientation and behavior, and while they made passing mention that homosexual behavior was wrong, they also taught not to judge anyone based on sexual orientation.

Well than the toronto catholic school board has some things to learn.

*drumroll*

hahah nice.

TheLastOne36
Jul 09, 2007, 11:03 AM
Anyway, on the other topic, i mentioned my brother broke my tv. And then i put itching powder in his socks and underwear.

My only regret to this day is not putting more itching powder in his drawer...

Swedishguy
Jul 09, 2007, 11:07 AM
I said in the previous thread - I really hate posts consisting of nothing but a quote on someone who said something funny and a couple of smileys, to bypass the tenchar limit.

warpus
Jul 09, 2007, 11:10 AM
I said in the previous thread - I really hate posts consisting of nothing but a quote on someone who said something funny and a couple of smileys, to bypass the tenchar limit.

:goodjob: :crazyeye: :rolleyes: :D :( ;) :king: :king: :nuke: :confused:

TheLastOne36
Jul 09, 2007, 11:11 AM
i take blame.

SwedishGuy, you always respond to my posts in a negative way. Do you hate me or something?

Firstlady
Jul 09, 2007, 11:34 AM
Dirk and my sister went somewhere without leaving a note or telling me where the heck they were going so now I am stuck here listening to my grandmother ranting about it and making up all kinds of mean things about Dirk. She has alzheimer's...

I've been trying REALLY hard not to get upset with some of the unbelievable things she's saying....and half of it doesn't make sense. She starts yelling about one thing and immediately jumps to yelling about something else without even finishing the last thought. Bah freaking humbug.

And Dirk and my sister didn't even bring their freaking cellphones with them so I can't even call and find out where the heck they are and how long I am stuck here listening to this.

And everytime I go in my room or go somewhere she follows me and continues. o_o.
There is no peace.
ANYWHERE.

warpus
Jul 09, 2007, 11:36 AM
Dude, go home.

Cheezy the Wiz
Jul 09, 2007, 11:43 AM
I lack the time to write a proper rant right now, so I'll leave you folks with a mild complaint, to be updated at a later time if, at said later time, the subject of my presumed rant-to-be still bugs me.

If you're irritated, annoyed, whatever with someone, how hard is it to tell them what it is? Especially when they're standing there in front of you, asking what they hell they've done wrong to get you pissed off.

On a sidenote, why does Styx always have to go and ruin their songs with some weird synthesizer diddy right when it's getting good? If they kept with the hard rockin, [The Grand Illusion] would be a damn good album. Instead is rests in my pile of mediocrity. Not great, but not yet a target for my BB gun.

Rossiya
Jul 09, 2007, 11:56 AM
i take blame.

SwedishGuy, you always respond to my posts in a negative way. Do you hate me or something?

*whispers to LastOne: It's his time of the month...*

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 09, 2007, 11:56 AM
Who's Dirk?

Godwynn
Jul 09, 2007, 11:57 AM
I hate it when my father feeds my dog with the free hand-out food at the pet store. Later in the day my dog can't land anything on the mat, especially when it is coming out both sides of him, now I must clean it up, from the carpet...

Phlegmak
Jul 09, 2007, 01:23 PM
Rant: Closing threads at 1000 posts makes no sense, since other threads in other forums on this Forum remain open at 1000+ posts.

jeps
Jul 09, 2007, 01:41 PM
Response: NESes close at 5000, because 1000 would be counterproductive. Currently Iggy's NES is on its THIRD thread, meaning it would be at least the 11th thread otherwise

Hitti-Litti
Jul 09, 2007, 02:36 PM
If god created the world, why did he/she/it create allergies?

Ansar
Jul 09, 2007, 03:51 PM
Debates on (religious) beliefs.

Why does it bother you if someone believes something else?

Gilder
Jul 09, 2007, 04:12 PM
That lady from The Closer annoys me.

And this stupid headache I've had all afternoon. I wanted to go out drawing today.

Godwynn
Jul 09, 2007, 04:13 PM
If god created the world, why did he/she/it create allergies?

To piss you and me off. :mad:

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 09, 2007, 05:09 PM

It has never bothered me. But if someone tries to claim that my beliefs are inherently and self-evidently false, then I will debate . . .

h4ppy
Jul 09, 2007, 05:22 PM
I despise incompetent people, people who spell words incorrectly on the internet, and especially incompetent authority figures who spell words incorrectly on the internet.

jeps
Jul 09, 2007, 08:26 PM
What I despise more is when people tell me that a word I spelled RIGHT is wrong on the internet. Its more when theirs is completely wrong, though occasionally in posts like this Most frequently misspelled words found in orders: siege, of course, defense and organize

Just because you write the way of the worse word for illegitimate child of Proper English doesnt mean we who dont are incorrect. :rolleyes:

Nylan
Jul 09, 2007, 08:32 PM

I agree with this, but I wish I didn't try so hard to stress the importance of "live and let live" to some of those who openly flame and troll in OT. It's really counterproductive.

Fruidoc
Jul 09, 2007, 08:41 PM
I have not been here long, but I have noticed that so many of the posts here - all over the forum - are very negative. Never have I seen such a negative forum.

The world would be such a nicer place if everyone were liberal (not necessarily the political use, more the regular use - accepting is a good synonym). Alas though, it would be very boring and very little work would get done. :)

Nylan
Jul 09, 2007, 08:42 PM
:lol: very good point. It IS just a forum after all.

The Yankee
Jul 09, 2007, 08:43 PM
I have not been here long, but I have noticed that so many of the posts here - all over the forum - are very negative. Never have I seen such a negative forum.

The world would be such a nicer place if everyone were liberal (not necessarily the political use, more the regular use - accepting is a good synonym). Alas though, it would be very boring and very little work would get done. :)
The nattering nabobs of negativism disciples of Spiro Agnew welcome you! :)

Fruidoc
Jul 09, 2007, 08:51 PM
Heh...well I'm doing my best to try to resolve some of it...haha, no offense intended to you wonderful, cheerful, splendid people! :cool:

Ansar
Jul 09, 2007, 10:08 PM
It has never bothered me. But if someone tries to claim that my beliefs are inherently and self-evidently false, then I will debate . . .
Well, I mean, if someone believes the world was created by aliens to see how a certain species would live out it wouldn't bother me, but unfortunately to some people, believing something else besides of what they believe is preposterous and the other person must be taught the "proper" beliefs.

If someone believes what I believe is preposterous and crazy, then, whatever, it's your opinion.

Azash
Jul 10, 2007, 03:34 AM
I hate how some people think that something they believe is true is 100% fact and completely undisprovable.

Swedishguy
Jul 10, 2007, 03:40 AM
On the cornflakes package it said "16 portions". It was empty after about 7 portions.

Pasi Nurminen
Jul 10, 2007, 04:26 AM
Vancouver is boring as hell. The only things that make it interesting cost too damn much money. For example, there is some great skiing, snowboarding, and various other methods of falling down a mountain without safety gear, but you have to pay thousands of dollars for the privilege. It's turned into a . .. .. .. .ing resort town, where the majority don't get to do anything fun other than drink ourselves silly every other weekend at the pub.

Hitti-Litti
Jul 10, 2007, 04:30 AM
Swedishguy@ And that has nothing to do with size of portions, right? :mischief:

Ultima Dragoon
Jul 10, 2007, 05:30 AM
Forum spammers. God-d@mn and h3ll-blast, they make me want to punch someone in the face.

Ansar
Jul 10, 2007, 08:08 AM
On the cornflakes package it said "16 portions". It was empty after about 7 portions.
Maybe you used a little over twice the amount of cereal that the proper proportion stated (since it was over after 7 portions - not 8).

Gilder
Jul 10, 2007, 08:12 AM

On a simliar note, "X cups" will hardly give me a breakfast of champions. Revise a new standard for people who actually eat decent amounts of the food.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 10, 2007, 08:31 AM
So don't look at servings per package, look at the actual net weight.

CartesianFart
Jul 10, 2007, 08:37 AM
I agree with this, but I wish I didn't try so hard to stress the importance of "live and let live" to some of those who openly flame and troll in OT. It's really counterproductive.
Nah, i beg to differ on that. I find it mildly amusing and entertaining to say the least when someone troll or flame.:D

nc-1701
Jul 10, 2007, 09:19 AM
Note to self: never block a Jo Tsuki with your arm... Last night we did Jo stuff, and I not only crushed my pinkie, but got a huge arse lump on my arm when istinctively blocked a tsuki with it...:(

Rheinmetall
Jul 10, 2007, 09:31 AM
So here's the deal. I chose not to work overtime so I could fix up a friends, friends, friends computer. I am dirty and sweaty from from 8 hours of work and then sit 1,5 hours updating and installing the damn thing and setting up the internet connection.

Now I'm not the kind of person who gives ultimatums on how much I want for my work. Usually people are willing to pay good money for good service. And what do I get? 8€. I would have made more than twice that had I spent the 1,5 hours working overtime like I had originally planned. I would have considered 15€ fair, and 20€ good. Now let's see you call in a professional from a company, they'll charge 50€ for just showing up. So 15€ is NOTHING!

The Yankee
Jul 10, 2007, 11:07 AM
I bet the lazy good-for-nothing superintendent is the one ripping off our tape notices to call our apartment number so we could let them into the building. It wouldn't be necessarily if he fixed the freakin' bells in this place.

White Elk
Jul 10, 2007, 11:00 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/WhiteElk/36738.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/WhiteElk/censored.gif message board trolls really tick me off

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/WhiteElk/troll2_jpg.jpg

May Santa...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/WhiteElk/Youknowyouvebeenbadwhen.jpg

GoodEnoughForMe
Jul 11, 2007, 12:34 AM
There is so much frickin' road construction in my city right now, that driving anywhere, whether by highway or city streets takes twice as long as it should. I swear that every road has half of it's lanes closed. As said by a local radio talk show host about the situation, our new motto should be, "Kalamazoo; you can't get here from there."

azzaman333
Jul 11, 2007, 03:09 AM
These damn wild pokemon keep wasting my time on Victory Road. LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swedishguy
Jul 11, 2007, 03:11 AM
These damn wild pokemon keep wasting my time on Victory Road. LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why don't you use repels if it bothers you so much?

azzaman333
Jul 11, 2007, 03:12 AM
Why don't you use repels if it bothers you so much?

I prefer keeping my money to buy TMs.

silver 2039
Jul 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
Its summer vacation...

Have I gone anywhere yet? No
Have I gotten drunk yet? No
Have I gotten stoned yet? No
Have I had any type of sex yet? No
Have I gone to see any movies yet? No
Have I smoked any of the weed I bought at school yet? No
Have I used a significant amount of money on the purchase of illicit substances? Yes
Have I actually used those illicit substances? No
Has my friend come from Britian yet? No he's still in bloody Tamilistan visiting his grandmother or something....bah

WTF! In other words the most boring summer ever...ARGH!!!!!!1

Grisu
Jul 11, 2007, 08:07 AM
I think there's a conspiracy by the weather people:

since about a month our weather has gone to hell, it's raining, and when it's not raining, it's pouring. The only time it doesn't rain is if I, for once, don't forget to take my umbrella with me :hmm:

It's bloody cold, I'm wearing a sweater and a light jacket outside: in JULY!!!! This is the time of year where you should walk around with the minimally allowed amount of cloth on you.

and if that wasn't enough, for 3 weeks straight they've forcast pleasant weather for the weekend, and what did we get? You guessed it, it rained....hard. Now the forecast is summer weather and 33° C for this weekend.

If it's rainy again, I swear I'm gonna eat some frog legs...or something :gripe:

bhsup
Jul 11, 2007, 08:10 AM
"Yanks" :mad: [pissed] :aargh:

Rheinmetall
Jul 11, 2007, 08:10 AM
Its summer vacation...

Have I gone anywhere yet? No
Have I gotten drunk yet? No
Have I gotten stoned yet? No
Have I had any type of sex yet? No
Have I gone to see any movies yet? No
Have I smoked any of the weed I bought at school yet? No
Have I used a significant amount of money on the purchase of illicit substances? Yes
Have I actually used those illicit substances? No
Has my friend come from Britian yet? No he's still in bloody Tamilistan visiting his grandmother or something....bah

WTF! In other words the most boring summer ever...ARGH!!!!!!1

Consider yourself lucky for having a summer vacation. :mad:

Swedishguy
Jul 11, 2007, 01:46 PM
"Yanks" :mad: [pissed] :aargh:
Yes, them yanks ARE irritating. Trying to play world police. :mischief:

The Yankee
Jul 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
"Yanks" :mad: [pissed] :aargh:I know, tell me about it.

Yes, them yanks ARE irritating. Trying to play world police. :mischief:

Trust me, I'm not cut out to be a world policeman and I don't think Interpol would take me.

jeps
Jul 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
Swedes :mad:. Cherry was right, theyre all a bunch of softies. Except for St. Peter of course. (St. Patrick already exists, why not St. Peter too? In fact, I officially canonize every single member of the 2000-2001 Colorado Avalanche)

Qickly
Jul 11, 2007, 09:02 PM
ugh people who want to talk to me before I have had my coffee in the morning

bhsup
Jul 11, 2007, 09:16 PM
I know, tell me about it.
:lol: Self-loathing?!

Cheezy the Wiz
Jul 11, 2007, 10:09 PM

Or you could fight them, you know, get some more experience.

Personally, I'm rather angry about the fact that I can't get Suicine to stay on the same route! It's got about two health left, and I freakin want him. I don't need him, I just want him.

The Yankee
Jul 11, 2007, 10:15 PM
:lol: Self-loathing?!

Do I win the prize if I admit to anything? :)

Cheezy the Wiz
Jul 11, 2007, 10:19 PM
Do I win the prize if I admit to anything? :)

A great big Union Jack to fly over your house. :)

Firstlady
Jul 11, 2007, 10:57 PM
I wish two of my three best friends would fall off a cliff. :)

Godwynn
Jul 11, 2007, 10:58 PM

The smilie at the end gives it a nice "I'm going to get even." touch.

silver 2039
Jul 11, 2007, 11:43 PM
Personally, I'm rather angry about the fact that I can't get Suicine to stay on the same route! It's got about two health left, and I freakin want him. I don't need him, I just want him.

What version? If its Crystal it'll stay in Tin Tower. Its been a while since I played but generally to capture the Legendary dogs I try to keep track of their movements and fly to whenever they are located. I used Crobat or something as I recall to give it Glare and prevent its escape, I needed to beef up its speed so it would attack first (or some other similar attack I recally can't remeber which one) and once it can't escape I just wore it down and used an Ultra Ball to capture it.

The Yankee
Jul 12, 2007, 03:26 AM

[New Yawk accent]Hey, I know a guy who knows a guy, if you want a little hush-hush on getting them dumped in the East River.

Ahhh....fagettaboutit.[/accent]

Ultima Dragoon
Jul 12, 2007, 06:51 AM
I think my chair is trying to annoy me on purpose. stay up, damnit

Farm some trainers if you want money, 10 max repels is like only 7000 money. That's like 10 pokeballs.

Swedishguy
Jul 12, 2007, 11:34 AM
I think my chair is trying to annoy me on purpose. stay up, damnit

Farm some trainers if you want money, 10 max repels is like only 7000 money. That's like 10 pokeballs.
10 times 200 = 2000. Where did those extra 5000 come from? :mischief:

Godwynn
Jul 13, 2007, 12:25 AM
Some jackhole decided to get drunk last night and plow his car through a telephone pole that happened to have some important internet/phone/cable T.V. stuff on it. 38,000 people were without television, internet, and telephone for 20 hours today, including me. Luckily it came back online when the nightly news came on, and told the story including the person's name.

Volum
Jul 13, 2007, 02:56 AM
Some jackhole decided to get drunk last night and plow his car through a telephone pole that happened to have some important internet/phone/cable T.V. stuff on it. 38,000 people were without television, internet, and telephone for 20 hours today, including me. Luckily it came back online when the nightly news came on, and told the story including the person's name.

"The car was driven by Jack Johnson, you can see his picture and adress on the screen. Mr. Johnson is currently in hospital, but we have been told that he will leave the hospital tomorrow at 12 drivin a blue Ford Escort licence plates.... :lol:

In other news, i hate having to work when everyone else has their hollidays.

Cheezy the Wiz
Jul 13, 2007, 09:03 AM
What version? If its Crystal it'll stay in Tin Tower. Its been a while since I played but generally to capture the Legendary dogs I try to keep track of their movements and fly to whenever they are located. I used Crobat or something as I recall to give it Glare and prevent its escape, I needed to beef up its speed so it would attack first (or some other similar attack I recally can't remeber which one) and once it can't escape I just wore it down and used an Ultra Ball to capture it.

If it were Crystal, I wouldn't be chasing him around trying to catch him, would I?

As I said, the problem isn't battling him, it's getting him to stay on the route at the same time that I'm there; he keeps moving when I enter the route he's on.

jeps
Jul 13, 2007, 09:44 PM
My rant: these rant threads have WAY too much Teenage Angst. Teenage years are the best of your life, dont get depressed or upset.

azzaman333
Jul 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
My rant: these rant threads have WAY too much Teenage Angst. Teenage years are the best of your life, dont get depressed or upset.

The beauty of hormones, making sure the best years of your life suck. :goodjob:

Hitti-Litti
Jul 14, 2007, 03:23 AM
^^

:rotfl:

CurtSibling
Jul 14, 2007, 03:51 AM
Every day I see more examples of human devolution. Retardation and booze.

I have a disgust today for idiotic people who imitate worthless TV/Movie celebrities.

Most of all, gormless young folk who are so awestruck with religion and think
they sound wise when the regurgitate some theological claptrap. They should
go back to cosplay or Avril Latrine, and stop trying to reason with people who
have moved on from the baby-school of religious brain-dereliction.

Even worse are rock stars who cynically take up religion and try to sound all
messiah-like on stage, gibbering about how we should follow in the footsteps.
What a load of cobblers. These drug-addled imbeciles spend years shooting up
and womanising, then try and cling to a bible so they can face themselves in
the mirror...What spineless, predictable goons! As if anyone is convinced!

Finally, today I also cannot abide dumb threads on CFC, from lovesick youths.
Listen to me, kids. The whole peer pressure thing about being 'cool' and being
seen with a introverted, vapid girl is a load of crap. And don't try and argue
that your lame attempts are not about being 'cool', because we all bloody
know that it is. Young people are as predictable as heck. They should get
with the program and realise that the whole social conditioning is a massive
lie. Relationships are a joke, built on compromise and misery. Where you see
your dreams slide down the toilet as you tell yourself you are happy with the
worthless job, fattening girl and (optional) pestering, screaming kids.

Why bother rushing headlong into misery? Aha! Because the media told
you, and you lack the spinal cord to do what you want to do...

"Must-obey-Media!"

What a bunch of whiny annoying little weasels you all are!

(ahhhhh! Negative vibes jettisoned! That feels so much better!)

:D

Nylan
Jul 14, 2007, 08:56 AM
I love the brainless assumptions of the elder generations that every single youth is the same, that they are all idiots, that they all want the same things.

I love that they forget youth are still human, and therefore do things that are natural to humans like...*gasp*...being diverse.

I absolutely love the hypocrisy of the "wise". It's not your age that determines your wisdom and intelligence, it only means that you're more of an idiot for not taking those extra opportunities to learn.

Catharsis
Jul 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
Some people, eh? They drop out of society and reject the ideas of the masses, but they can't help coming back to tell society that they've done it. Not to mention the social conditioning they get pressured into by their heavy-metal sets - do this, look this way, act like this. And they'll pretend that what they're doing isn't meant to make them look cool and nonconformist! They'll say something about 'living their own life' or some such teenage angsty rubbish.

Mirc
Jul 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
I HATE THAT I CAN'T GO TO SATU MARE* WHEN I WANT AND WHEN I PLANNED, AND THAT NOBODY, NOBODY SUPPORTS ME TO CHANGE THE DATE BACK TO HOW IT WAS PLANNED!! WHY?!! WHY?!! WHY??!! I WOULD FEEL LIKE CRYING, IF I WOULDN'T FEEL LIKE SMASHING THE FIRST OBJECT I SEE!! WHY???????????????????????????????

*a city in northern Romania

puglover
Jul 14, 2007, 02:35 PM

Meh, the teen years certainly are not the best years of life. But I can enjoy them for what they are anyway.

The Yankee
Jul 14, 2007, 02:51 PM
Meh, the teen years certainly are not the best years of life. But I can enjoy them for what they are anyway.

I for one think that once you hit your 20s, life improves. That and life prior to age 18 was fairly lousy for myself anyway and it wasn't due to teen angst.

Mirc
Jul 14, 2007, 03:08 PM
I WANT TO GO TO SATU MARE!!!!! :cry:

Aramazd
Jul 14, 2007, 03:11 PM
I WANT TO GO TO SATU MARE!!!!! :cry:
Why???:confused:

Mirc
Jul 14, 2007, 03:13 PM
Because that was our plan... "Our" being mine, and my father's, and the organizer-of-the-concert's, and many other's. Why did it have to change? Today was such a good day, but I was so unlucky with this!!! Why? :cry: It was perfect! Ahhh... I have to calm down! :mad:

Ansar
Jul 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
Well, you're still going, aren't you? :confused:

Mirc
Jul 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
Not really. Only for 4 days instead of 3 weeks.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 14, 2007, 04:32 PM
I hate (by which I mean I secretly find hilarious) certain posters who launch into long diatribes about how everyone who posts here is an idiot.

mythmonster2
Jul 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
I hat the stereotype that tall people HAVE to play basketball. When someone meets me, one of the first questions they ask me is "Do you play basketball?" NO!!!! I FREAKING HATE BASKETBALL! Soccer is better, 'nuff said.

The Yankee
Jul 14, 2007, 04:38 PM
I hate (by which I mean I secretly find hilarious) certain posters who launch into long diatribes about how everyone who posts here is an idiot.

Yeah, short diatribes on that subject are much better. :lol:

At least it gets to the point.

With that said, let me start a long diatribe about.......just kidding.

I will say, with classes starting again in a month and a half, it seems almost certain that I'll have to put the textbooks on the credit card. I know, credit is a tool and allows me to get the books for the term, but I have enough debt as it is. Though my credit scores seem to be decent, one of the downers on there was the debt/credit ratio.

One more year...

The Yankee
Jul 14, 2007, 04:39 PM
I hat the stereotype that tall people HAVE to play basketball. When someone meets me, one of the first questions they ask me is "Do you play basketball?" NO!!!! I FREAKING HATE BASKETBALL! Soccer is better, 'nuff said.

Yeah, everyone assumed I played basketball (even though I'd be short by NBA standards), completely overlooking the fact that I was a clumsy white guy. Playing football (American for you international peoples :p ) was much better. Plus I got to hit people.

Catharsis
Jul 14, 2007, 04:45 PM

Yep, that's just silly. Everyone who posts here is an idiot... except me. :p

{Note to mods: just kidding.}

LightFang
Jul 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
Oh I hate "phonies", as a certain Mr. Holden Caulfield would say.

Wiggers would fall under this category, but man, wapanese people, let me tell you: East Asia is not made of Japan! -.-

On the plus side, they're a good self-esteem boost.

Catharsis
Jul 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
Random Rants Two
Ultra-Condensed by David J. Parker

LightFang:
Angst angst angst swear curse swear crazy crazy angst swear curse, society sucks, and I'm a stupid jerk.

{Another note to the mods: Again, it's a joke. LightFang will get the reference, hopefully.}

Ansar
Jul 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
Not really. Only for 4 days instead of 3 weeks.
4 days instead of 3 weeks? :eek:

I'd be really pissed then! :aargh:

Mirc
Jul 14, 2007, 05:32 PM
4 days instead of 3 weeks? :eek:

I'd be really pissed then! :aargh:

You'd be even more pissed if you knew the whole story... :(

*mental note: write the story tomorrow and now go to sleep since it's 2:32 AM* :p

Firstlady
Jul 14, 2007, 07:42 PM
My rant is that my friend will probably end up posting one in the near future.
Hope I'm wrong.

White Elk
Jul 14, 2007, 09:10 PM
Arghhhh I am so very frustrated at inconsistent rules. How can one know the acceptable boundaries of ones behavior when rules appear to be arbitrarily enforced. And how can punishment be a deterrent if crimes are not consistently prosecuted. How can we ever live in communities protected by law when law can be so abused by apathy and corruption. This frustration of mine applies to both real life and message boards.

hossam
Jul 15, 2007, 01:21 AM
i hate how the new harry potter movie wasnt that good altough on a brighter note transformers pwned.

White Elk
Jul 15, 2007, 01:26 AM
I rant against sexuality motivated society. Sex is very good.
Society driven by sex is very very bad.

Love
Jul 15, 2007, 03:29 AM
I rant about the short summer!

Mirc
Jul 15, 2007, 03:32 AM
You'd be even more pissed if you knew the whole story... :(

*mental note: write the story tomorrow and now go to sleep since it's 2:32 AM* :p

It's unbelievable. Really nobody, not my father, not my friends, not the organizer of that event, nobody wants to help me get there earlier, as it was planned... why?!! :( I'm so sad.

I do have a plan, but it has 2% chances of success. And it depends on luck a lot, which I hate. :(

silver 2039
Jul 15, 2007, 07:46 AM
I hate how in India you have no parks, or open spaces or trees or anything. Its such a piss off. I was trying to find a park for the past hour, there are at least 5 near me, but all of them are utter crap, filled with trash, beggers, and smelling of piss. Argh....

Gilder
Jul 15, 2007, 07:48 AM
There's nothing to do in this prison we call suburbia.

CurtSibling
Jul 15, 2007, 08:54 AM
I love the brainless assumptions of the elder generations that every single youth is the same, that they are all idiots, that they all want the same things.

I love that they forget youth are still human, and therefore do things that are natural to humans like...*gasp*...being diverse.

I absolutely love the hypocrisy of the "wise". It's not your age that determines your wisdom and intelligence, it only means that you're more of an idiot for not taking those extra opportunities to learn.

I forgot to mention how really tiresome young people are when they throw a tantrum.

And how they squeal that their opinions are just as valid and as tje older and more
intelligent people. Actually, young people's opinions have not got the weight of
experience or learning behind them, so their whinging means very little.

So they should shut up, until invited to speak!

:)

azzaman333
Jul 15, 2007, 09:10 AM
I forgot to mention how really tiresome young people are when they throw a tantrum.

And how they squeal that their opinions are just as valid and as tje older and more
intelligent people. Actually, young people's opinions have not got the weight of
experience or learning behind them, so their whinging means very little.

While I agree that most young people have no idea what they are talking about generally, there are rare occasions where they know what they're talking about. Which also happens to be an accurate description of much of the population anyway.

downtown
Jul 15, 2007, 09:20 AM
So I grew a little goutee on my chin these past few weeks, just to see how I'd look with real facial hair....but its red! Nobody in the last 3 generations of my family has red hair. I have black hair. My beard is red.

This is blowing my mind.

CurtSibling
Jul 15, 2007, 09:32 AM
While I agree that most young people have no idea what they are talking about generally, there are rare occasions where they know what they're talking about. Which also happens to be an accurate description of much of the population anyway.

I totally agree - Some young people have the awareness to challenge the lies
and meaningless peer pressure. I will be the first to encourage such people.

In no way do I paint all young people with the same brush. If I came across
that way, then it was in jest. There is always the impressive 10-15% of them.

The Yankee
Jul 15, 2007, 10:26 AM
So I grew a little goutee on my chin these past few weeks, just to see how I'd look with real facial hair....but its red! Nobody in the last 3 generations of my family has red hair. I have black hair. My beard is red.

This is blowing my mind.

Apparently my girlfriend found all sorts of hair colors on my beard....so I figured if I were to be a registered Democrat, I had to have a rainbow coalition somewhere. Just didn't expect it to be my facial hair.

I also seem to have a few gray hairs if I grow out a mustache.

Swedishguy
Jul 15, 2007, 11:37 AM
When I woke up this morning, I thought "Today I'm not gonna visit CFC!" I played some The Sims 2, watched Scary Movie 3 with my brother, ate lunch, played Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, went with my bike to eat some blueberries, played co-up with my brother on Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, and ate lunch. And when my mom asks me if I'm going to go online... ARGAAH!

Darn you, addicting CFC!

mythmonster2
Jul 15, 2007, 11:47 AM
What, you didn't plan on LEAVING us did you? *proceeds to shackle Swedishguy to CFC* MWAHAHAHA!!!

Nylan
Jul 15, 2007, 02:26 PM
<snip>

You DO realize that you can replace young with old and get the same result? Not to mention hypocrisy when they fail to do what they shout at the young'uns to do.

Now, I'm not painting all old people with the same brush...

;)

EDIT: I do hope you too realize that this is light hearted, and in no way intended to be a flame or a troll. I have nothing against any of you. :)

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 15, 2007, 03:11 PM
EDIT: I do hope you too realize that this is light hearted, and in no way intended to be a flame or a troll. I have nothing against any of you. :)

Then you haven't been here long enough . . .

:mischief:

Firstlady
Jul 15, 2007, 11:53 PM
e;ugúersggvf

I hate how some of my friends know who our new band director is going to be but won't tell me. And for once, I know that we have a new band director and people actually know who he is. It's not a stupid rumor, it's real. I'm sick of waiting!! Grrrr. :wallbash:

CurtSibling
Jul 16, 2007, 06:55 AM
You DO realize that you can replace young with old and get the same result? Not to mention hypocrisy when they fail to do what they shout at the young'uns to do.

Some in the older generation learned to ignore the rules, as you will too...(hopefully!)

Now, I'm not painting all old people with the same brush...

Damn right you're not!
Now go to your room!

:D (joke)

Don't worry, the real cynicism will kick in around 20-25 years of age!

;)

White Elk
Jul 16, 2007, 09:39 AM
Some in the older generation learned to ignore the rules, as you will too...(hopefully!)

Don't worry, the real cynicism will kick in around 20-25 years of age!

;)Ideally some of the idealism of youth will remain but be balanced with realism.
Pessimism gives life to Murphy's Law (http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/murphy/murphy2.html), and optimism is death to cynicism. :p

Gilder
Jul 16, 2007, 09:47 AM

This is blowing my mind.

Yeah, mine ends up black, even though I have brown hair.

I'd assume it's genetics from my father, as he keeps claiming his hair was brown, but then it turned black as he got older. I've yet to believe him.

Catharsis
Jul 16, 2007, 10:14 AM

Aren't you a moderator at Apolyton? :confused:

The Yankee
Jul 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
Ideally some of the idealism of youth will remain but be balanced with realism.
Pessimism gives life to Murphy's Law (http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/murphy/murphy2.html), and optimism is death to cynicism. :p

Murphy's Law is real, man! It's out there and it's messing with my mind!

CurtSibling
Jul 16, 2007, 01:14 PM
Aren't you a moderator at Apolyton? :confused:

I meant society's rules.

Not the immutable laws of mighty Apolyton!

bob bobato
Jul 16, 2007, 01:37 PM
Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, boy prostitutes, practicing homosexuals, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, slanderers, robbers shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I think it says pretty clearly here (not that i agree with it).

CurtSibling
Jul 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
Amazing how people still try to order our society based on the lies and codes
of the rambling priestly class of yester-millenia. Truly we are a deluded species.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 16, 2007, 01:49 PM

Well, that was actually Paul.

warpus
Jul 16, 2007, 01:49 PM

What if you're so gay you don't need to practice anymore?

The Yankee
Jul 16, 2007, 03:29 PM
Why are media outlets reporting on those silly Obama/Billary/Giuliani Girl videos? :mad:

I don't care!

Trajan12
Jul 16, 2007, 04:58 PM
My girlfriend's best friend in the world. Is a contemptible little hypocrite waste of space. She goes running her big mouth off to her about how she doesn't approve of our relationship because she doesn't approve of different races and religions of people dating, on her religious bigotry...*ahem* theological grounds. Then I find out she's not only a bisexual but she's cheating on her boyfriend. People like her are what's wrong with this country. She makes me sick the little mini Hilton. If I have to put up with her mouth any I don't know what I'm going to do. If I were a smaller man I'd deal her out some of her own medicine but then again I've no plans on Neo-Nazi membership in this lifetime. God this isn't even enough I need to go vent some more somewhere else.

Swedishguy
Jul 16, 2007, 11:49 PM
Once upon a time Swedishguy didn't think there were christians that actually believes in original sin. And when a poster on this site stated that he does. Let's just say that Swedishguy has lost all kind of respect for christianity.

An emoticon should describe what I feel: [pissed]

I'm kind of disappointed.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 17, 2007, 06:47 AM
There are also Christians who don't believe in Original Sin, you know.

Mr. Blonde
Jul 17, 2007, 07:00 AM
I am so pissed I took the last 2 weeks off at the countryside which were modest concernign weather and now, back at work I face an office without air condition and temperatures that hit 35°C until saturday with 25°C minimum temperatures at night. :mad:

Atlas14
Jul 17, 2007, 07:16 AM
My girlfriend's best friend in the world. Is a contemptible little hypocrite waste of space. She goes running her big mouth off to her about how she doesn't approve of our relationship because she doesn't approve of different races and religions of people dating, on her religious bigotry...*ahem* theological grounds. Then I find out she's not only a bisexual but she's cheating on her boyfriend. People like her are what's wrong with this country. She makes me sick the little mini Hilton. If I have to put up with her mouth any I don't know what I'm going to do. If I were a smaller man I'd deal her out some of her own medicine but then again I've no plans on Neo-Nazi membership in this lifetime. God this isn't even enough I need to go vent some more somewhere else.

Thats just f-ed up. I don't understand how people can be such hypocrites, not to mention being bigots... :rolleyes:

I hope your gf isn't like that (I guess you wouldn't be with her if she was) :(

bob bobato
Jul 17, 2007, 07:35 AM
What if you're so gay you don't need to practice anymore?

Misread post as "what if youre gay and you don't practice?" for some reason. Had answer to that question, but not this one.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 17, 2007, 07:39 AM
Misread post as "what if youre gay and you don't practice?" for some reason. Had answer to that question, but not this one.

Out of curiosity, what was that answer? Given that, when that book was written, the concept of being gay but not practicing it didn't exist.

Trajan12
Jul 17, 2007, 11:12 AM
Thats just f-ed up. I don't understand how people can be such hypocrites, not to mention being bigots... :rolleyes:

I hope your gf isn't like that (I guess you wouldn't be with her if she was) :(

Not her she's cool. It's basically just that she was friends with her for like all her life that's what is making it so difficult. Not just something I can say I don't like and want it to go. I don't wanna do that and seem pushy and I won't have to unless she tries to get involed. Then her father is the same way, but she doesn't even see him she just has her step dad and her mom both of which seem cool.

Swedishguy
Jul 18, 2007, 10:57 AM
There are also Christians who don't believe in Original Sin, you know.
Well, there was a time when I thought all christians considers Original Sin as hogwash.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
Being Swedish, are you by default technically a member of the state church? And if so, what do they teach on Original Sin?

Swedishguy
Jul 18, 2007, 12:49 PM
Being Swedish, are you by default technically a member of the state church?
No, Sweden is a secular country.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
I thought they had a state church. Well, shows what I know. Does anyone know which European countries do still have them (ie you are considered a member by default as a citizen)?

bhsup
Jul 18, 2007, 06:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion

It looks like the whole Scandinavian penisula (Yes, that includes Finland!!!) has one save Sweden, which apparently got rid of its official State Church in 2000.

Firstlady
Jul 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm sick of the stupid power going out. If I have to reset things one more time, I'm going to go insane.

White Elk
Jul 20, 2007, 03:23 AM
Message Board Trolls which are allowed to shite wherever
it pleases them at the expense of the greater community.

I cant say what I specifically think of them but I can say
I would call them out to a modern day duel in a 'civilized' refereed ring.

Rossiya
Jul 20, 2007, 06:42 AM
Do you mean 'shite' as in 'Shite Muslims' or 'shite' as in 'defecation'?

Firstlady
Jul 22, 2007, 07:27 PM
I can't stand overdramatic people who make EVERYTHING seem bigger than it is. I can't stand people who tell me that I need to step it up when they are in no position to say that. >:l

jeps
Jul 22, 2007, 08:28 PM
I;m incredibly pissed, as I lost my C3C disk four months ago or so, havent played in ages, and looked everywhere, or so I thought. Then friday I'm looking for something else, accidently open the case of a different CD, and its there. About a minute later I find the C3C case with THAT game in its case. So for four months I was looking when I just switched the cases, though somehow the C3C case I couldnt even find until this weekend. as well, numerous other things that are pissing me off, like my entire user file getting deleted because someone else created an account in OSX with the same quickname, then deleted it when it wouldnt work (quickname is the name that your folder with EVVERYTHING gets), and so I had to redownload everything, and lots of things I needed have disappeared and I cant get back. On top of everything I'm swamped with work, and no time.

Rossiya
Jul 23, 2007, 05:16 AM
On top of everything I'm swamped with work, and no time.

I know the feeling... Pretty crap feeling to say the least. :(

Lonkut
Jul 23, 2007, 05:19 AM
I hate followers, political correctness, and people who pity the jews and give them a nation by displacing the people who were there before, the damn greek for loosing constantinople to the turks.

jeps
Jul 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
I hate political correctness. if we didnt have to abide by it we could see people for what they truly are, not pretending to love everyone. I also hate people who know one fact and claim to know everything (though I am guilty of this sometimes).

As well, I hate almost everything about the above post.

and thanks rossiya, its getting better, but after the deadline (august), everything is pretty much done. that much alone is guiding me, as its that existnece that is so clearly in sight that i dont care how much I have to do to get there.

hossam
Jul 24, 2007, 12:07 AM
im pissed i dindt get the new beyond the sword for civ 4 yet and that nobody will post on my thread in the bts forums and give me some details about it

Hitti-Litti
Jul 24, 2007, 04:21 AM
Well boohoo. If you want details check some other threads.

The Yankee
Jul 24, 2007, 09:36 AM
im pissed i dindt get the new beyond the sword for civ 4 yet and that nobody will post on my thread in the bts forums and give me some details about it

You could also explore the main Civfanatics site to get some info.

skadistic
Jul 24, 2007, 09:39 AM
The roofers crushed my sunflower damn it all !!!

Is it so hard to not move a 2 foot tall potted plant over just enough you wont crush it?

Swedishguy
Jul 26, 2007, 01:33 AM
My dad I and I were fishing. And when suddenly I fell into the water. As I had water up to my knees I told dad I wanted to go home, but my dad just said I was wining and took off his pants and gave them to me, so he could throw a couple more times.

silver 2039
Jul 26, 2007, 01:38 AM
Oh gross....your dad took of his pants....now thats just wrong. I believe you could sue him for trauma or something. I hope he was wearing boxers for your sake...

The Yankee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:41 AM
Okay, yesterday morning, while my father was waiting outside the building for UPS, my neighbor from Hell cornered him. She did the usual, bringing up some bs smears about me and "anger" (nevermind that I haven't said a word to her in nine months) and then wondering if she would have problems with me once my father moved out. The usual garbage...then since she doesn't know when to be quiet, she asked my father what I was studying and talking about how bad all her other neighbors are (apparently one drilled a hole into her bedroom....yeah...I think anyone would quickly cover that hole if they saw her, but anyway). Since my father said finance and politics, she said that she wouldn't be surprised if I ran for office in the near future.

What is with people either telling me to run or thinking that I will? When even a wannabe enemy is saying that, what does that mean?

Kinda started with my girlfriend, who later said she thought I sounded like some kind of president from my full name. Recently my mother's been hopping on to this in her attempt to persuade me to go to North Carolina:

"We need politicians here. All of ours are arrested."

Hmm...well at least nobody on OT is telling me to run, so I know the world still has some sanity left. :p

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
Your sig would tend to lead one to the wrong conclusion, then . . .

The Yankee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:45 AM
My signature implies that I will be the Mike Gravel of 2020, given my strangeness.

Catharsis
Jul 26, 2007, 02:54 PM
What is with people either telling me to run or thinking that I will?

Those people are PE teachers, and they're an inescapable part of life.

Atlas14
Jul 26, 2007, 02:57 PM
Is there something specifically stopping you from wanting to run? From what I get of you in OT, I seem to think you'd make a great candidate. :)

nc-1701
Jul 26, 2007, 03:12 PM
This friend of mine...

He's a really cool guy, but for some reason one of us is always pissed at the other... The number of times one of us has threatened to fistfight the other is rapidly rising. Though he dosn't seem any more violent than anybody else, for some reason the two of us are just always fighting, and it's really getting old. Everytime we make a truce somebody breaks it by accident, or somesuch, and were back to swearing at each other in E-mails again..
Though we seem to make peace like right before we see each other in person. so we never actually fight or anything... Dangit I just want it to stop somehow:p

Atlas14
Jul 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
This friend of mine...

He's a really cool guy, but for some reason one of us is always pissed at the other... The number of times one of us has threatened to fistfight the other is rapidly rising. Though he dosn't seem any more violent than anybody else, for some reason the two of us are just always fighting, and it's really getting old. Everytime we make a truce somebody breaks it by accident, or somesuch, and were back to swearing at each other in E-mails again..
Though we seem to make peace like right before we see each other in person. so we never actually fight or anything... Dangit I just want it to stop somehow:p

You aren't alone. Thats exactly how me and my best friend from highschool and middle school were. We fought over the pettiest stuff too.

One day during Spanish class, he was being a jerk and asking a bunch of questions intentionally trying to get on my nerves. I forget exactly how it played out, but he ended up insulting both my mom and my dog (anyone who knows me knows that if you insult/f-ck with my dog, you will pay). So I resonded by calling him a fag and then had my fist cocked ready to throw a punch at him. So my friend grabbed me and threw me into a metal desk that had a corner as sharp as a ball point pen. I was gushing blood and it left a nice scar for a month. This kid is a football player and got the "hardest tackler" award in highschool, and now plays in college. I'm a skinny little soccer/track kid, that was even more bony back then. I stood little chance when he decided to actually take my insincere threat seriously. That jerk.

Looking back, it was all an immature waste of time fighting with him and slandering each other. Make up with your friend and work on doing some cool activities together such as soccer, just chillin, or anything. Believe me, you'll get to highschool and realize what a bunch of terds you were back then, always trying to fight things out.

nc-1701
Jul 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
We are in highschool... Lol.

And yeah, I totally agree with you, and don't have any desire to fight/argue with him, but he keeps pushing me. Then when he finally decides to be cool, I've already been pushed over the edge, and I come back at him lol.
It's pathetic, and I hope we can figure out how to just let it all go, but it's been this way ever since he stole my gf in May...

The Yankee
Jul 26, 2007, 03:54 PM
Is there something specifically stopping you from wanting to run? From what I get of you in OT, I seem to think you'd make a great candidate. :)

Lessee...I'm 22, with a negative net worth, not tied into the party or any work right now, have no connections, have no fundraising, and I'm completely wrong on everything because I'm a limousine liberal from the evil Northeast!

That about sums it up. :lol:

And I'd have to move. I'd be blocked in for local offices here or I would be in the wrong district (just barely in a City Council district that is majority Caribbean and they often fight over who came from what island). But I'll be moving anyway, so my only fear is Charles Barron's candidacies.

So yep, I'd be a poor choice!

And these people are looking at me to do something soon. They sure aren't talking about when I'm 50. I think they're all nuts! :p

Trajan12
Jul 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
My target for today...teenage girls who don't know music from the sound of a busted up Ford Truck...You have the nerve to say my music tastes need help because they don't involve any whore dances or finger snapping. Go get a clue, and have a picnic on a Freight train route while you're at it. :) Oh and it's not just teenagers or girls, but most people I can aim this at.

nc-1701
Jul 27, 2007, 01:40 PM
OMG!
If you go back, and read other threds you'll know the full backstoryu, but it's really long so I'm not posting it here...
Anyway at park today all, but two friends of mine were scared as hell of me, because my ex has been going around saying that I said I was coming to the park to beat people up. Well, I'm walking up some stairs, and this girl peeks around a corner, sees me walking by, not even toward her I'm moving up the stairs:crazyeye: So she screams, and her, and her three friends run to the girls restroom, and are in such a hurry they are shoving each other out of the way while trying to get in.
Throughout the day this people turned, and ran the instant they saw me...

I have no idea what to think, I mean on the one hand it's annoying as hell, and they are lying about me, but on the otherhand, if seeing me scares them shitless I'm not likely to get annoyed by them:) So I guess I'll just enjoy being feared for now:) I mean hey, I'll always get the seat I want right?

Swedishguy
Jul 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
What's wrong with people? For an example, the new Bauhaus commercial is disgusting! It's something like this:

Weird guy: I'd like to have a nice barbeque with my friends.
Salesman: Do you have grill?
Weird guy: Yes.
Salesman: Coal?
Weird guy: Yes.
Salesman: [etc]
Weird guy: [etc]
Salesman: So what are you looking for?
Weird guy: Friends! I bet you don't have that! Bwahaha!
Salesman: I'm gonna check in the storage...

[scene changes to the weird guy's garden, with a lot of men dressed in bauhaus costumes are standing

Weird guy: Wohoo! It can't get better than this!

Oh, and my mouse just stopped working.

Rossiya
Jul 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
I hate it when females use their femality to use males.

Nylan
Jul 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
My target for today...teenage girls who don't know music from the sound of a busted up Ford Truck...You have the nerve to say my music tastes need help because they don't involve any whore dances or finger snapping. Go get a clue, and have a picnic on a Freight train route while you're at it. :) Oh and it's not just teenagers or girls, but most people I can aim this at.

well said, well said

Eukaryote
Jul 30, 2007, 03:29 PM
I hate how despite the fact that I am a socible, cheerful and loving person that I have no best friends, no girlfriend, and basically no life. Even if I did know how to talk to girls though it wouldn't do much good because there are almost no girls I consider worth dating anyway.

On the plus side though, I am going to summer camp in a week where life is a lot less boring.

Rossiya
Jul 30, 2007, 04:36 PM
I hate it when people have a problem with you but don't say anything to you.
I hate it when people talk about you behind your back.
I hate it when people invite everybody but you to an event, and claim it was non-malicious.
I hate not knowing why people have problems with you.

Mirc
Jul 30, 2007, 05:01 PM
I hate it when people have a problem with you but don't say anything to you.
I hate it when people talk about you behind your back.
I hate it when people invite everybody but you to an event, and claim it was non-malicious.
I hate not knowing why people have problems with you.

I soooo TOTALLY agree!!!! I hate this kind of people! I really hate them!

And of course, I'm not being sarcastic.

downtown
Jul 30, 2007, 05:20 PM
I hate the Down. Front Productions company in Columbus, and the virtual monoply they have with their business. I'm going to crush them.

Eran of Arcadia
Jul 30, 2007, 07:43 PM
I'm just amazed you can go on after Columbus lost the Arena Bowl . . . :mischief:

hossam
Jul 31, 2007, 02:55 AM
i hate that my dads all like no beyond the sword for you games are bad even in the summer vacation. and then hes all like wake up at 9 a.m and i say why and he gives me no reason so i dont wake up at 9 am and i dont intend but i still wont by beyond the sword so that sux.

The Yankee
Jul 31, 2007, 11:47 AM
I have no idea what the last post said...

Perhaps being here after my head was already swimming from an argument wasn't the best choice. :confused:

Could you explain further? Maybe there's something we could actually give advice on....since it sounds like parent-child relations of some sort.

hossam
Jul 31, 2007, 02:40 PM
my dad says i play too much computer games so he says that i cant get beyond the sword and he also insists that i wake up at 9 a.m and he refuses to give me any reason why he wants me too wake up at 9 am. and the worst thing is that im in my summer vacatiion so i should be allowed to play and sleep however i want.(btw i dont wake up at 9 am anyway)

GoodEnoughForMe
Jul 31, 2007, 02:56 PM
I am getting really frustrated with myself for spending too much time on the computer and not enough time doing much meaningful.

Then, I realize that as long as I am enjoying it [time on computer], that it is meaningful enough.

Then I flip back and say it' just simple, mindless escapism. Grr...

The Yankee
Jul 31, 2007, 03:08 PM
What the hell is with all the drooling over Hillary Clinton's cleavage? I haven't even bothered with half of the news/punditry shows I watch regularly because of that. Some people need to go find a newsstand selling Penthouse.

Gilder
Jul 31, 2007, 03:19 PM
I hate it when females use their femality to use males.

Amen. Though I really must learn to say 'no' to them.

What the hell is with all the drooling over Hillary Clinton's cleavage? I haven't even bothered with half of the news/punditry shows I watch regularly because of that. Some people need to go find a newsstand selling Penthouse.

People drool over that?

I think I just became impotent.

downtown
Jul 31, 2007, 04:10 PM
I'm just amazed you can go on after Columbus lost the Arena Bowl . . . :mischief:

Haha, we all saw it coming, after OSU got 2nd in football and baseball. I'm sure the Crew will lose the MLS cup too.

Admiral Kutzov
Jul 31, 2007, 06:22 PM
One can buy porn at 7-11? and I wasted all these years being married...

anyway, I hate taxes. if there were lower taxes, I could conspicuosly consume and not have to listen to politicians. I see no reason i need to share my wealth (2 racoons and a still) with others. to each his own.

BTW, Hillary's cleavage is like a Saw movie, so gross you have to look..

The Yankee
Jul 31, 2007, 06:58 PM
One can buy porn at 7-11? and I wasted all these years being married...

They should. I came back from the other room to find a "report" from CNN on it with arrows pointing right at the place........yeah.....whoopeedo news right there.

I suppose they didn't get enough from obsessing over what Laura Bush, Nancy Pelosi, Condoleezza Rice, and other females are wearing.

hossam
Jul 31, 2007, 10:27 PM
theres porn in 7 11? wow :eek: this is news to me

phoenix_sprite
Jul 31, 2007, 11:02 PM
I hate not being able to translate a word of a certain language, to another!

I hate social conventions...

nc-1701
Aug 01, 2007, 06:26 AM
theres porn in 7 11? wow :eek: this is news to me

Yeah...:crazyeye: Open your eyes, and take a look at the magazine rack. Not all mini-marts have it, but a lot do.

Atlas14
Aug 01, 2007, 06:44 AM
I hate that damn Charlie the Unicorn video on youtube, and its annoying fan base. The movie is not funny, it is not witty, it is not interesting, it does not offer new perspectives, it is not very original. It is lame.

If this is peoples' idea of funny youtube clips, then these people really are as tasteless and stale as I imagined. I maybe had a grin at the most when the retarded unicorn spins around on top of Charlie, but other than that it was emotionless. The movie sucks, plain and simple. Just like its uninteresting followers.

jeps
Aug 01, 2007, 10:37 PM
I hate how a movie of a book has a scriptwriter who is not the author. nor is the author mentioned AT ALL

azzaman333
Aug 02, 2007, 04:01 AM
I hate that damn Charlie the Unicorn video on youtube, and its annoying fan base. The movie is not funny, it is not witty, it is not interesting, it does not offer new perspectives, it is not very original. It is lame.

If this is peoples' idea of funny youtube clips, then these people really are as tasteless and stale as I imagined. I maybe had a grin at the most when the retarded unicorn spins around on top of Charlie, but other than that it was emotionless. The movie sucks, plain and simple. Just like its uninteresting followers.

It's good once, after that it is very annoying.

Mirc
Aug 02, 2007, 08:56 AM
There are more than 1 million girls in my city. Why do I always get so attached to those from ANOTHER cities or even another countries, and never to the ones here? It's driving me crazy :crazyeye:

azzaman333
Aug 04, 2007, 09:32 AM
My damn braces, without being annoying enough already, have not only had a wire break but have had the 2 halves come out and get lost, and somehow I have an extremely annoying cut in my mouth which was caused one way or another by these damn braces. THEY'RE DRIVING ME FREAKING INSANE!!!!!!!!

In addition, I haven't slept in at least 40 hours.

silver 2039
Aug 04, 2007, 09:36 AM
I hate braces too....I got this massive sore or blister thing in the back of my mouth because of them, it was so big I couldn't close my mouth properly. Eventually I got annoyed and bit down really hard and the sore or blister or whatever it was burst and there was blood everywhere.....all because of the joyous braces.

Gilder
Aug 04, 2007, 09:44 AM
My latest complaint is that there are only two Dippin' Dots stores in the entire state.

carmen510
Aug 04, 2007, 02:13 PM
There are more than 1 million girls in my city. Why do I always get so attached to those from ANOTHER cities or even another countries, and never to the ones here? It's driving me crazy :crazyeye:

Maybe because you think they are ugly, you are too selective, you hate your city, or those from other places are more beautiful. :)

Mirc
Aug 04, 2007, 02:17 PM
Maybe because you think they are ugly, you are too selective, you hate your city, or those from other places are more beautiful. :)

I think it's the last variant, but it's still extremely, extremely annoying. I mean, why? :crazyeye:

Well, it's not that bad I suppose... now you can travel so fast (though it's most of the time way too expensive for me!) and that I have internet, so I can still communicate... I'm trying to look at the bright side. :p

Eran of Arcadia
Aug 04, 2007, 02:32 PM
Also, most of those 1 million women, I assume, are unavailable (ie married) and/or out of your age range (ie, really old, or children).

Mirc
Aug 04, 2007, 02:43 PM
Yes that's definitely true - one million women does not mean 1 million available women. :)

The Yankee
Aug 04, 2007, 08:49 PM
The people upstairs, when I don't hear them arguing, seem to have a fetish for stomping or throwing things on the floor.

I want to be this guy for that:
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Samurai-Brandishing-Sword-Giclee-Print-C10273386.jpeg

But that's just the luck of my draw in this apartment building.

Mirc
Aug 05, 2007, 02:28 AM
^ You are lucky, your neighbors are not crazy manele (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manele)-lovers that party every night until 4 AM! :cringe:

The Yankee
Aug 05, 2007, 10:59 AM
^ You are lucky, your neighbors are not crazy manele (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manele)-lovers that party every night until 4 AM! :cringe:

My old neighbors at my old area would have these floodlight-like stadium-like apparatuses around their pool and they'd leave those on all night long, even if nobody was down there. Lit up the whole damn block of backyards and rendered my Venetian blinds only halfway effective. That's when there wasn't shouting or lousy Israeli pop music going on. I suspect they contributed mightily to some of the many brownouts and blackouts that plagued my neighborhood during the last couple of summers before I left.

Well, they were just selfish jerks all around...backyards, frontyards, and life in general.

But yours are probably worse.

Mirc
Aug 05, 2007, 12:12 PM
^ I have to admit, that kind of neighbors would be annoying too. :)

jeps
Aug 05, 2007, 04:45 PM
There are these people in my neighbourhood that used to own a club that closed down. They brought home the club's searchlights and use them for no reason all the time, and leave them on all night.

The Yankee
Aug 05, 2007, 08:50 PM
Some middle aged guy from the building is taking all these short trips to and from. That's not bad in itself. The problem is that he uses his motorcycle with the muffler taken out. That's annoying as hell.

I just feel like shouting out the window "YOU'RE NOT COOL!" next time.

carmen510
Aug 06, 2007, 07:07 AM
I hate these dictionaries with two languages. They never give you the pronunciation like phrasebooks, they always use weird symbols, and I'm too lazy to look back at the first pages.

Catharsis
Aug 06, 2007, 07:11 AM
Yes, I agree - that is annoying.

I want to rant about mafia games not getting updated. Carmen.

carmen510
Aug 06, 2007, 07:13 AM
Erm... Its er... Ah... dead. :p

Catharsis
Aug 06, 2007, 07:16 AM
Really? Could you tell me who the mafia is?

carmen510
Aug 06, 2007, 07:19 AM
No. I'll leave it up for you to guess. :evil:

IglooDude
Aug 06, 2007, 07:28 AM
Another subprime mortgage lender advertising refinancing, since mortgage rates are "near historic lows". What? Who are you fracking kidding?

And naturally the people that they aren't kidding (the ones that are refinancing but are lacking a clue about such concepts as "interest rates" and "newspapers") go into foreclosure. :mad:

The Yankee
Aug 06, 2007, 10:34 AM
:lol: "Near historic lows." They'll be saying that even if the rate was ten percent.

Best of both worlds for myself is if we don't rebound strongly in the next few years and the rates are manageable because the Fed kept them that way.

I suppose that's all the price of not learning before diving into something.

Swedishguy
Aug 06, 2007, 10:35 AM
USA is always warring with someone. But in video games the other side is ALWAYS the aggressor. I guess video games aren't really realistic. :rolleyes:

Sorry for using the rolleyes smiley, I felt I needed to.

Trajan12
Aug 06, 2007, 02:08 PM
USA is always warring with someone. But in video games the other side is ALWAYS the aggressor. I guess video games aren't really realistic. :rolleyes:

Sorry for using the rolleyes smiley, I felt I needed to.

Now are you talking WWII games or Cold War games? There can be quite the difference.

carmen510
Aug 06, 2007, 08:25 PM
Actually, FDR was trying to get into war with Nazi Germany, mainly because he was pro-British. He was constantly putting ships in danger, mainly those near the bases of Iceland, where a warship was sunk. So, in a way, America was also the aggressor. :p

jeps
Aug 06, 2007, 08:56 PM
Oh of course. And in WWI the Americans caused the Lusitania and told the germans to start unrestricted submarine warfare!

ohcrapitsnico
Aug 06, 2007, 09:02 PM
I hate these dictionaries with two languages. They never give you the pronunciation like phrasebooks, they always use weird symbols, and I'm too lazy to look back at the first pages.

To this day I have never found any dictionary of that kind that is fully acceptable and useable.:rolleyes:

Cheezy the Wiz
Aug 06, 2007, 09:13 PM
What is going through people's heads when they say "I'll call you" and never do? Or when you leave them a voicemail, or an email, and they don't answer you? Especially when they voice a desire to have you at this party, and then don't call you to give you directions! It makes no sense.

ohcrapitsnico
Aug 06, 2007, 09:14 PM
What is going through people's heads when they say "I'll call you" and never do? Or when you leave them a voicemail, or an email, and they don't answer you? Especially when they voice a desire to have you at this party, and then don't call you to give you directions! It makes no sense.

I do that sometimes. :blush:
I forget, I would never do it intentionally.

bhsup
Aug 07, 2007, 12:36 AM

Depending on the situation, I don't always return calls. Just because I have a phone does not obligate me to call back every yahoo that calls me. The phone is there for -my- convenience when -I- want to call someone. It's not a ball and chain that I should be tethered to.

azzaman333
Aug 07, 2007, 07:48 AM
My damn braces, without being annoying enough already, have not only had a wire break but have had the 2 halves come out and get lost, and somehow I have an extremely annoying cut in my mouth which was caused one way or another by these damn braces. THEY'RE DRIVING ME FREAKING INSANE!!!!!!!!

I hate braces too....I got this massive sore or blister thing in the back of my mouth because of them, it was so big I couldn't close my mouth properly. Eventually I got annoyed and bit down really hard and the sore or blister or whatever it was burst and there was blood everywhere.....all because of the joyous braces.

Great, now I have 2 different parts of the braces which move and cause even more freaking annonance. Thank you for doing a crappy job with the braces orthodontist.:rolleyes:

Catharsis
Aug 07, 2007, 09:10 AM
Seriously, braces just do that anyway. Wires are going to break, and bits of it are going to come loose. If you are going to put great lumps of plastic in your mouth, join them with little wires, and then bite on them incessantly, it's unavoidable.

To avoid cuts, you can get mint-flavoured (well, sorta) wax that you can put on any bits that stick out and cut you, so they don't annoy you while you wait to get it fixed. Your orthodontist should sell it. The best way to deal with braces is just to wait for the day when they come off. Just don't do what I did and start being really lax about how long you brush your teeth for...

nc-1701
Aug 07, 2007, 09:37 AM
Ok, I have braces, but there no where near as bad as you make them out to be? I've had them for a year and a half, and I've only had a wire come out once, and it was a really easy fix that day at the Orthodontist.
Now braces suck, especially when you get punched in the face, but the're not half as bad as you make them out to be.

silver 2039
Aug 07, 2007, 12:31 PM
After a while you get used to them, but when your first get them their hellishly painful. I couldn't eat anything solid for a week.....

I've had 1 wire pop out which gave me a cut, and other occasional sores and cuts. Their annoying thats all there is to it....

nc-1701
Aug 07, 2007, 03:02 PM
Oh, I'm not saying there pleasent. When I first got them they hurt like hell, but after a year and a half I really don't notice them anymore... Getting hit in the face by fists, frisbees, poles, ad other things that happen to hit me in the face hurts like hell, but other than that they don't hurt half as bad as most people make them out to...

Catharsis
Aug 07, 2007, 03:12 PM
Oh, you are right in that after a while you'll stop noticing them. However, there is still ample opportunity for stuff to break off and things to go wrong. You've just been lucky. I really would recommend that wax, it's a godsend.

I won't ask how you come to be hit in the face with poles. ;)

Atlas14
Aug 07, 2007, 03:26 PM
People who are so dang annoying at Subway and are picky about every little topping they want on their precious sub. I honestly do not know how some people get by in life being so picky with their food. My parents always say I am, but when I go to Subway, do I order:

"Tuna on a 12" Parmesean Oregano. One half to be toasted, the other half leave untoasted. On the toasted half I'd like swiss cheese, 2 small slices of provolone, some pickles, pepper with oil, black olives, the small tomatoes, not the big ones, lettuce, and onions, etc..."

These people make me want to just punch their brains out. I don't even work there and I get pissed off at them.

Trajan12
Aug 07, 2007, 03:48 PM
^ Rofl

When I go I just simplify it by just assuming everything will be on it and subtracting from there, a lot faster.

Atlas14
Aug 07, 2007, 03:53 PM
^ Rofl

When I go I just simplify it by just assuming everything will be on it and subtracting from there, a lot faster.

Thats my method as well, I like to keep it short and sweet. Just the other day some bozo was complaining about the ripeness of the tomatoes at Subway, and said he only wanted the ones that were very red and had no white spots. Its crazy how picky some are. :rolleyes:

The Yankee
Aug 07, 2007, 04:02 PM
People who are so dang annoying at Subway and are picky about every little topping they want on their precious sub. I honestly do not know how some people get by in life being so picky with their food. My parents always say I am, but when I go to Subway, do I order:

"Tuna on a 12" Parmesean Oregano. One half to be toasted, the other half leave untoasted. On the toasted half I'd like swiss cheese, 2 small slices of provolone, some pickles, pepper with oil, black olives, the small tomatoes, not the big ones, lettuce, and onions, etc..."

These people make me want to just punch their brains out. I don't even work there and I get pissed off at them.

The Starbucks "half-caf, mo-caf, douple-triple nutmeg almond lukewarm triplemochachinoventigrande" crowd seems to have invaded Subway.

Nothing funnier than seeing a cashier (or "barista" for the fancy folks) give them such a look that cries: "WTF!?!?!?!?"

Even better when a person tries to pull that on the street cart coffee vendors and the guy is just "Look, just tell me how many sugars and if you want milk."

Atlas14
Aug 07, 2007, 04:05 PM
The Starbucks "half-caf, mo-caf, douple-triple nutmeg almond lukewarm triplemochachinoventigrande" crowd seems to have invaded Subway.

Nothing funnier than seeing a cashier (or "barista" for the fancy folks) give them such a look that cries: "WTF!?!?!?!?"

Ah, so thats what it is! They get their self-entitlement, picky-about-everything-because-I-can-be attitude from the offerings of Starbucks.

I could never deal with such customers on a regular basis. I'd be pulling my hair out :lol:

The Yankee
Aug 07, 2007, 04:07 PM
One dollar coffees from the guy in the cart on Park Row, FTW.

bhsup
Aug 07, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yahoo! Music's selection of Red Sovine sucks to high heaven!!:mad:

jeps
Aug 07, 2007, 07:35 PM
At starbucks I get embarrased ordering a plain drink. honestly. I try and come up with an order that the "barista" :rolleyes: doesn't get, because then at the local starbucks you get a coupon for 3 free venti:rolleyes: drinks.

My friend is the manager of a licks (burger joint that uses REAL not processed cheese) and has gotten the strangest orders. "I want some guk, then some mayonnaise, then a bit more guk (NOTE: GUK is the Licks "secret sauce" that isnt actually secret, they sell it in bottles with ingredients listed, it is essentially Mayonnaise with flavourings. just like how Mr. Subs secret sub sauce is Kraft italian dressing) then ketchup, cheese, ketchup, pickles, mustard, onions, tomato, and one more pickle, then relish then the bun. I want to see what would happen if he put the relish with the guk and mayonnaise and more guk. probably would have complained. the order you put things on doesnt really matter. seriously.

The Yankee
Aug 07, 2007, 07:39 PM
That person forgot the hamburger in that order. :lol:

I haven't ordered straight up coffee in Starbucks because on the rare occasion that I'm in one, I actually do want some fancy coffee drink (though without the paragraph-long order).

But I have noticed that I seem to be standing behind a person that has penned their own order into a diary because it's that specific more and more often.

jeps
Aug 07, 2007, 07:58 PM
generally when you order the hamburger its implied, but with someone so picky if I noticed it (thanks for pointing it our), I would not give them the burger and see what happens.

GoodEnoughForMe
Aug 07, 2007, 08:43 PM
I hate the picky customers. You would think that McDonalds of all places wouldn't have them, but alas. Just the other day, I sold a "half sprite, half HI-C with just a little ice and two straws." WTF? We have an automatic drink dispenser in the drive through where it was purchased. Or the lady who comes through drive through and asks for soda from the lobby when it's all the same (just come in you lazy b@stard). Or the one lady who asked for raw chicken on her sandwich. I have so many wacky stories...

Cheezy the Wiz
Aug 07, 2007, 09:01 PM
Depending on the situation, I don't always return calls. Just because I have a phone does not obligate me to call back every yahoo that calls me. The phone is there for -my- convenience when -I- want to call someone. It's not a ball and chain that I should be tethered to.

I view it as common courtesy to call someone back who's called you. I always do it. Especially if I said I would call them.

Elrohir
Aug 07, 2007, 09:02 PM

Even better when a person tries to pull that on the street cart coffee vendors and the guy is just "Look, just tell me how many sugars and if you want milk."
I hate people who take half an hour to order their drinks. And then when you order tea or just "a hot chocolate with some whipped cream on top", you can almost feel their contempt.

:lol: In all seriousness, Starbucks is overrated.

The Yankee
Aug 07, 2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah, Dunkin' Donuts is just as good. But whenever I want just a regular coffee, if there's a guy in a cart nearby, that's where I'll get it from.

nc-1701
Aug 08, 2007, 07:03 AM
Last Thursday, I spent half a day at this lake, topless with sunscreen...:sad: Well, yesterday my shoulders started peeling:( It hurts:p

Plus the crap with my friends just keeps getting worse:( I got a call a few days ago saying that people were going to beat me up the next time they saw me... Personally I don't believe any of them have the balls to touch me, and if they do I'm pretty sure I'de win any fight. Plus I can run faster than any of them, and I still have two or three guys who would help me if it came to it, but I hope it doesn't. So while I'm not scared I really don't want them to try anything. Can't they just frakking chill:crazyeye:
I don't get it anymore... Seriously do you threaten to beat somebody up, just for kicking one kid cause he was pointing a gun at you, and gently disarming another!? This is frakking ridiculous!

azzaman333
Aug 08, 2007, 07:09 AM
Should've smashed them with your fists instead if kicking them.

nc-1701
Aug 08, 2007, 07:20 AM
Oh trust me if I knew they were gonna' be . .. .. .. .. . like this I woulda' floored him while I had the chance...
If they try to jump me like their threatening though I won't even bother to hit them. I'll just go for their hands/arms and break as many bones as I need to before they realize they really shouldn't be messing with me. Though if they let me I wouldn't mind a good opunch to the throat...

But I really would rather they just get the hell over it!

:(

Atlas14
Aug 08, 2007, 07:32 AM
But I really would rather they just get the hell over it!

:(

You need to be the first to get over it and not let their pathetic attempts to appear tough and cool bother you. Don't come across as insecure of youself just because they are threatening you. When they see you don't give a poo, they won't either.

nc-1701
Aug 08, 2007, 07:44 AM
You need to be the first to get over it and not let their pathetic attempts to appear tough and cool bother you. Don't come across as insecure of youself just because they are threatening you. When they see you don't give a poo, they won't either.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do, but it's rather hard to ignore threats, because I'm sorry, but if 3-4 guys jump me I'll lose. I'll probably do a lot of damage, but I can't beat those odds. Seriously it's been like a month what the F? I just need to get these people face-to-face so I can force them to decide between forgetting about it, and hurting me. Either way I figue I win, but as long as they can avoid me they can act all hard without ever having to admit they don't have the stones to carry through with any of their threats.

So I figure I win whatever happens... It's just a matter of time;)

azzaman333
Aug 08, 2007, 08:15 AM
whoops, accidental post... :mad:

The Yankee
Aug 08, 2007, 05:09 PM
The NYPD in Southeast Brooklyn sucks big time. Took them 30 minutes to arrive after a call about domestic violence going on at the entrance of the building. The dispatcher cut me off when I was reading the license plate on the motorcycle when it looked like the guy was going to get away:

"Sir, we're not going to chase the guy, don't tell me."

Identification, perhaps, idiot?

Worse, both of them noticed my calling...so yay, time for a beating.

carmen510
Aug 08, 2007, 06:55 PM
Just complain to the city. Or you can sue, pretend the person beat you up and they refused to serve you. Okay, i'm joking about that, but you can complain at 311 I think.

The Yankee
Aug 08, 2007, 07:00 PM
:lol: 311 never did me any good when it came to messed up sidewalks by my old home or no heat in my current one.

Seriously, if the dispatcher didn't want me to give out the license number of the guy and the cops didn't want to deal with it (when the couple were arguing their case of who did what to me for some reason, they even gave out addresses of where they supposedly buy pills or whatever), then I can't care. They can slaughter each other...just do that away from me.

I mean, I figured out what floor they lived on when they went back in (elevator lights) and the cops were just going to search around and listen for arguments, but they wanted to do so without even asking me for a description of the people. :crazyeye:

Yeah...if the Kings Courier's blotter is going to report "Some teenager was punched and $3 stolen from him at the playground," one would think something rougher would be noticed. Nope.

By the end, I waited around just so I couldn't be accused of screwing with the 911 system. Since they seemed more concerned about asking for my information than anything else.

Fun times in my corner of Brooklyn. :lol:

And I notice I have the most posts in this thread......I must complain a lot. :mischief:

carmen510
Aug 08, 2007, 07:03 PM
Well, I haven't tried 311 either. :lol:

If you really want something to influence them, make a direct complaint to the NYPD, or failing that, complain to the city/state legislature. Make a good case by stating what would happen if it was a tourist. :crazyeye:

mythmonster2
Aug 10, 2007, 11:02 AM
I hate people who call Shia's Shii'te's. I mean, when the heck did people start calling us Shi'ite's? And plus, there are some people so ignorant here, that they don't know what a Shia is! Example
OK, this was a while ago. In my school locker room some kid for some reason asks if I'm a Muslim. I say yes and he says, "Oh hah, we kicked your butts in Iraq." I say that I am a Shia, and that Iraq is mostly Sunni. He says ,and I quote, " Well, I think you're wrong, I think you mean Shi'ites."
"No, I mean Shias."
"Well then you're an idiot, don't you ever watch FOX?"
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Eran of Arcadia
Aug 10, 2007, 11:27 AM
Well, regardless of who is what in Iraq, his comment is still inane if you are not an Iraqi citizen anyways. I mean, it makes no sense for Japanese people to tell me they "kicked our butts" because they defeated a Christian nation (the Russians) and I am Christian.

The Yankee
Aug 10, 2007, 11:28 AM
Iraq is mostly Sunni? When did that happen?

carmen510
Aug 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
NEVER EVER EVER Watch FOX News. It is biased towards the Republicans. I know this for a fact. However, I am unsure of the other news broadcasting stations. Which is why I stick to newspapers and CNN. :D