View Full Version : All city styles with trees

Amenhotep IV
May 26, 2002, 02:17 PM
Here's finally my first complete set of city styles with trees. Some of you may be disappointed due to lack of palm trees in several cities, but the graphics I had were awful. If you had any better "palm trees" and would like them to be added to my cities just send them to me or post here.
Oh, and there is a nice addition (modified tnt.pcx) some posts below...

Enjoy :)

Size: 396 kb

Also available on PTW disc as "Lush Cities"

Amenhotep IV
May 26, 2002, 02:21 PM
I enclose several pictures of my cities. :egypt:

Stormbringer
May 26, 2002, 02:52 PM
can you add your trees to Snoopy's modpack, because I really like your trees, and I also like Snoopy's big cities.

thanks

Amenhotep IV
May 27, 2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Stormbringer
can you add your trees to Snoopy's modpack, because I really like your trees, and I also like Snoopy's big cities.

thanks

If you mean adding my trees to Snoopy's plains, graslands and deserts... I've been already working on it.;)
Besides, my cities were designed to fit to Snoopy's terrain mod.

CCJ39
May 27, 2002, 03:40 AM
I think he mean the extra large cities, which are posted in an other thread as snoopy's.

here are this big cities (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20565)

Amenhotep IV
May 27, 2002, 06:37 AM
And if you mean these extra large cities made by Snoopy, as CCJ39 suggests I'm not gonna modify them. Don't ask why.

Unspeakable Horror
May 27, 2002, 06:05 PM
Why? :D

thamis
May 31, 2002, 12:54 PM
Here's a pretty good palm tree for MidEast. I tried adding it to these cities and it looks pretty good. Just don't place it right in front of a building, because the trunk might become hard to see.

It's taken from Harlan's Resources civilopedia images.

Amenhotep IV
Jun 01, 2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by thamis
Here's a pretty good palm tree for MidEast. I tried adding it to these cities and it looks pretty good. Just don't place it right in front of a building, because the trunk might become hard to see.

It's taken from Harlan's Resources civilopedia images.

Thanx. :) I'll try to remake the mideast style soon...

damunzy
Jun 01, 2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Carlos113
Why? :D Yeah, I'm surious also! :)

Looking good!

Amenhotep IV
Jun 01, 2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Yeah, I'm surious also! :)

Looking good!

Ok. Why didn't I modify the XL cities? Simply... they are far too big and they don't look nice especially in modern era. Didn't you notice that their edges then are usually covered with railroads, irrigation, etc.? That's why I decided to use the original graphics. ;) Hope you'll understand.

Amenhotep IV
Jun 11, 2002, 11:25 PM
Here is a nice addition to my cities already posted some time ago. Just copy it into civ3\art\terrain\. the file contains graphics of nice trees as replacement for the so-called "grassland resource"

Cocon
Jun 25, 2002, 05:01 AM
I like Polish city style. Can you make one?

Amenhotep IV
Jun 25, 2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Cocon
I like Polish city style. Can you make one?

Well, it's not so easy as you think. I'd have to find some cool graphics, but the cities wouldn't be so nice as the original.
I'm not a proffesionist... ;)

But however, good idea :) I must admit I've never thought about it.

sween32
Jul 15, 2002, 01:16 PM
Do you mind if I add these graphics to my GT mod? You get listed in the credits, of course.

Amenhotep IV
Jul 16, 2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by sween32
Do you mind if I add these graphics to my GT mod? You get listed in the credits, of course.

Of course I don't mind if you add my cities to your mod...

g237
Jul 16, 2002, 02:09 PM
WOW!!! I think, this looks really e-x-e-l-l-e-n-t!!!
Great work, Paweł

kring
Jul 16, 2002, 03:01 PM
Do you object if I post these to another forum, with a link to here? I would also give you credit, and would post the files as you made them.

Amenhotep IV
Jul 18, 2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by kring
Do you object if I post these to another forum, with a link to here? I would also give you credit, and would post the files as you made them.

Ok, enjoy :) I'm happy you like my graphs... Just tell me which forum?
I'm sending you a PM...

CCJ39
Jul 19, 2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Paweł

...or can anybody tell my how (if possible) can I change my nick in my current account :confused: ,please.

The forums-admin should be able to change you nick. Find out who is it and contact him with you problem.

Amenhotep IV
Jul 22, 2002, 03:37 AM
Thanx a lot :)

Amenhotep IV
Jul 22, 2002, 03:38 AM
Thanx a lot, CCJ39 :)

Padma
Jul 22, 2002, 01:29 PM
Yes, PM Thunderfall, but be advised, he hasn't been too keen to change anyone's username lately. :) If you have a GOOD reason, he is more likely to do it, though.

Marx
Jul 24, 2002, 02:51 PM
Great work. Firaxes makes the Engine. You Civfanatics make the skin :D

muxec
Jul 30, 2002, 04:04 AM
Nice:)

Amenhotep IV
Aug 24, 2002, 03:59 PM
This is just the same file, but to be added to the new Civ3 Dawnloads Collection. Hope it's the right place to post it ;)

The mod (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/cities.zip)

The screenshot (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Image2.jpg)

Sorry, but the links aren't working :( ... and I don't know why :(
I've tried to upload them several times so far...

Incubus0223
Aug 25, 2002, 07:30 PM
hey Amenhotep IV i checked the upload section and i couldn't find them so why don't you just email me and i'll get them up i'll do it in no time this time

Incubus0223
Aug 26, 2002, 05:08 PM
k Amenhotep i uploaded the file and me being one of the admin not the main admin, i think only me and the other admin and TF the main admin can upload but i don't know if TF has opened that option up

anyways its there now in the Graphics section

Amenhotep IV
Aug 27, 2002, 12:23 AM
It's great :goodjob:
Thanks, Incubus0223 :)

JKenney
Aug 03, 2003, 05:35 PM
its ok