View Full Version : Post new Civ requests here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thunderfall
May 05, 2006, 11:10 PM
If you want to make a new civilization request, please post it in this thread. You can also post request in the main Civ4 Creation forum.

Hopefully this will reduce the number of wrong threads posted in here...

Thanks.

The Thracian
May 06, 2006, 02:46 AM
Good Idea However I have Two Leader Requests

Pericles (Leader Of Athens)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericles

Alfonso X Of Castille (King Of Gallica, Castille and Leon)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfonso_X_of_Castile

If possible Animated

Ernei
May 06, 2006, 06:05 AM
There is some cool civilizations wich have not been done yet or they were
badly created. I would recommend Assyria, Indonesia, Siam, Khmer and
Burma (there is a great lack of civilizations from the Indochina region).

Wyz_sub10
May 06, 2006, 11:21 PM
There is some cool civilizations wich have not been done yet or they were
badly created. I would recommend Assyria, Indonesia, Siam, Khmer and
Burma (there is a great lack of civilizations from the Indochina region).

There are plans for CIV Gold toa accommodate some of these. All those invovled have been involved in their own projects, as well, so if everyone has the time and energy, we may yet get to these.

alireza1354
May 07, 2006, 07:29 AM
Hello peepz.. I would really like to see the Kurds and Kurdistan as a civ.

Can someone make that?

The leaders should be Astyages in the ancient era (Shah of the Medes) and no one else but Saladin in the mid-ages (he was Kurd, not Arab). I would make them spiritual and agricultural.

I cant understand why people create civs for Aboriginals or Micronesia, and not add one of the oldest civs in the world; that of the Medes. (todays Kurds)

Thank uuu

esnaz
May 07, 2006, 06:46 PM
is this how you spell it?:

Aborigonees

The Thracian
May 08, 2006, 10:52 AM
Do we know anyone who will do requests?

Wyz_sub10
May 08, 2006, 11:46 AM
is this how you spell it?:

Aborigonees

There is an Aborigine civ within CIV Gold. I didn't make it separate - I made it especially for the Gold pack.

nate022
May 08, 2006, 02:27 PM
I think the summerians would be a good civ.

Wyz_sub10
May 08, 2006, 04:20 PM
I think the summerians would be a good civ.

There is already a standalone Sumerian mod, and the Sumerians are included in CIV Gold.

ALZ
May 08, 2006, 07:32 PM
Hey how about some island folk like the Samoans and Jamaicans. Jamaica regularly competes in the Olympics. Gotta love that bobsled team.

By the way, i'm new. This is my first post on the boards. Hi all!

Dusty4prez
May 08, 2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome :D

nate022
May 08, 2006, 10:43 PM
There is already a standalone Sumerian mod, and the Sumerians are included in CIV Gold.
My bad... i haven't even looked at civ gold because its like 100mb or so and i have a 56k:sad: (you see the problem) but i'll try to find a way to get a hold of it:D

Thx

Wyz_sub10
May 08, 2006, 11:10 PM
Hey how about some island folk like the Samoans and Jamaicans. Jamaica regularly competes in the Olympics. Gotta love that bobsled team.

By the way, i'm new. This is my first post on the boards. Hi all!

Hey, welcome.

Look for the Polynesians in a future CIV Gold editions.

(sorry to keeping mention Gold...but we are trying to get this stuff in there)

The Thracian
May 09, 2006, 01:39 AM
I don't want to repeat myself but is anyone able to do our requests?

geek_knight
May 11, 2006, 09:37 AM
Can someone please do the Dutch as a playable civ.
The leader could be Willem van Oranje(animated as possible).

Wyz_sub10
May 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
Can someone please do the Dutch as a playable civ.
The leader could be Willem van Oranje(animated as possible).

Dutch as a playable civ exists already. There is a standalone version from Tremo, and there is a edited version in CIV Gold that has Willem and Johan de Witt as leaders.

GoldEagle
May 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
Could I request an imaginary Civ that would just require a few name and attribute changes (one that I made up and would like to play)?

Patricius
May 13, 2006, 01:59 PM
A few civs I would like to request:

Hittites
Huns
Olmecs

Thanks in advance if you at least even think about doing them :)

Craig_Sutter
May 14, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'd like to request:

Saxons
Anglo-Saxons
Picts
Franks
Normans

(I like medieval period :) )

Wyz_sub10
May 15, 2006, 02:43 AM
There is already a Frank civilization - CivArmy made one, I believe.

The Hittites and Huns are cool possibilities.

I was seriously thinking of doing an Olmec one. Hmmm...

elderotter
May 15, 2006, 11:56 AM
I loved the first people of North america - is there any one doing a first people of South America?

Wyz_sub10
May 15, 2006, 04:12 PM
I loved the first people of North america - is there any one doing a first people of South America?

There is a Tupi civ kicking around, and of course there is already and Inca civ.

If you have some ideas, PM me.

shakadamonkey
May 16, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hey, welcome.

Look for the Polynesians in a future CIV Gold editions.

(sorry to keeping mention Gold...but we are trying to get this stuff in there)

I'd recently come up with an idea for a Tahitians civ, which can be broadened to make it more generally Polynesian:

City Names:
Papeete
Taputapuatea
Uturoa
Faaa
Teahaupoo
Taravao
Paea
Vaitape
Punaauia
Tahina
Rurutu
Porapora
Huahine
Maupiki
Mangareva
Fakatea
Rangiroa
Nuku Hiva
Hiva Oa
Makatea

Starting Techs:
Fishing
Mysticism

Unique Unit:
Vaa (same cargo space as a galley, but can travel the wide ocean)

Leaders:
Pomare (expansive, industrious) [note, could just borrow the Incas graphic for the leader]

Free Unit:
1 warrior

=======

To make it more generally Polynesian, the capital city should probably be Havaiki Nui, with subsequent cities perhaps sharing from among the various Polynesian cultures:

Havaiki Nui
Apia
Tongatapu
Papeete
Tai Pi
Honolulu
Vava'u
Aitutaki
Taputapuatea
Tauranga
Hanga Roa
Moerai
Anua
Ngati Toa
Maui
...something like that. A bit from Samoa, a bit from Tonga, etc.

I'd love to advise on the accuracy of the civ, but I hate XML and Python programming so I probably won't actually do a mod.

shakadamonkey
May 17, 2006, 08:21 AM
Another idea for feeding into a mod perhaps: Iraqi insurgents.
Leader: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
Special Unit: IED (does 28 damage, collateral damage, consumes itself on attack, cannot attack fortified units, but relatively low in hammers to produce)

Is there unit invisibility in Civ4? I know there used to be for submarines, etc. If so, maybe make another special unit for insurgent partisans, 16 combat strength, invisible until they attack.

The question of where their capital should be or how they can hold cities is perplexing though. In reality they have no capital and don't really "officially" hold any cities at all. Hmmm...

shakadamonkey
May 17, 2006, 08:28 AM
Back to the Polynesians, a custom wonder they could build could be the Moai (Easter Island statues), with the benefit of +1 hammer for each food-producing square, on the theory that when people were in awe of the Moai they were more productive, more prone to work together to accomplish things, etc. (It also balances out the fact that most Polynesian working squares will be ocean!)

Custom religion, Huna, could be discovered with the custom tech, "Polynesian Gods", with prerequisite techs being Sailing and Masonry, and requiring at least one Vaa to be produced (to ensure other civs won't "discover" it). The religious wonder for Huna could be the Marae of Taputapuatea.

This is getting to be too much like fun.

tom1734
May 19, 2006, 08:29 AM
Mayans would be good
with civ 3 style javelin thrower.:old: :old: :old:

or
yorkshire civ with farmer uu . the farmer should have a shotgun and go "get offa my land".:king:

The Thracian
May 19, 2006, 02:59 PM
I'd be surprised If any of these actually get done but heres my civ request

Poland

Leader 1- Roman Dmowski or Aleksander Kwaśniewski
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksander_Kwa%C5%9Bniewski
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Dmowski

Leader 2- Jan III Sobiesk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_III_Sobieski
Possible Bonuses: Aggressive and Expansive?

Starting Techs: Mysticism and Agriculture

Animated if Possible

zfhelve
May 19, 2006, 07:14 PM
u need spanlishs countries
mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic
spain just does not make thos civ look good

Cannae
May 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry but i am wondering is there a a Twareg civalzation made already and if not could some make it a civ for please??? it would be very helpful

Blunt
May 22, 2006, 12:16 PM
mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic

Could we get a landscaping UU???

Cannae
May 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
I found some info a bought the Tuareg (i am sorry that i spelled it wrong because i am a bad speller)anyway here is some info if anyone wants to make them a civ that is aslo if anyone finds a leader that has more info please tell me it wolud be aprecciated very much.

Descended from Berbers in the region that is now Libya, the Tuareg are descendants of ancient Saharan peoples described by Herodotus, who mentions the ancient Libyan people, the Garamantes.Archialogical testimony is the ruins of Germa.later, they expanded southward, into the sahel.for over two millennia the tuareg operated the trans-Saharan caravan trade routes connecting the great cities on the southern edge of the Sahara via five trade routes to the northern coast of Africa.
The Tuareg adopted camel nomadic from camel herding Arabs abought 2000 years ago, when the camel was introduced to the Sahara from Saudi Arabia. The Tuareg today are found mostly in West Africa, but like many in North Africa were once nomads throughout the Sahara. Many Tuareg today are either settled agriculturalists of nomadic cattle breeders: though many are also blacksmiths and caravan leaders. The Tuareg are sometimes called the blue people because the indigo pigment
In the cloth of their trdianal clothing stained the wearer's skin dark blue

Cites
Alezi Assuk
Albarkat bughassa
Dirj Tesalit
Fewat Tin Zawatan
Ganat Timiawen
Ghadames Abalagh
Ghat Abalagh Ataram
Imnas Cin Tibaradeb
Tarat Tabalaq
Serdales Tasra
Ubari Tawa
Tahala Tiliya
Tikruden Gawa
Arak Gundam
Amgal Tin Bektu
Salah Gosi
Gezzam Gurma-Gharus
Agalhok

Leader info

Makhamma Ag katami

Leader traits commercial spiritual

Favorite civic hereditary rule

(Note I need more info on this leader and if you found more info a bought anougher Tuareg leader please tell me}

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg#Turaeg confederations.2c_political_centers_.2c_and_leader s

Sorry if my spelling is bad

emman101
May 22, 2006, 06:42 PM
mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic

I also agree there should be a mexican race:king:

Wyz_sub10
May 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'd be surprised If any of these actually get done but heres my civ request

Some of these won't get done again because they were already done once.

Maynans has been done, Dutch have been done, so have the Poles - with Sobieki and with animated LHs, no less.

I don't mean to be rude, but use the search function. Browse through the completed civs (it's only 3-4 pages) before making a request and complaining that no one will do it.

CIV Gold - link in my sig - has Poland, Mayans and Dutch *all* with animated leadeheads and great UU work.

Version 2.0 of Gold with have the Polynesians for certain.

Cannae
May 23, 2006, 04:21 PM
Wyz sub10 colud you help me with me mod by combineing the following mods are made by Civ army and yourself the mods are Benin, Togo, Kanem-Bornu and the Out of Africa with the Tuareg civ mod with the mod Dar al Islam it wolud by very helpful and i would be aslo greatful

Wyz_sub10
May 23, 2006, 05:23 PM
Wyz sub10 colud you help me with me mod by combineing the following mods are made by Civ army and yourself the mods are Benin, Togo, Kanem-Bornu and the Out of Africa with the Tuareg civ mod with the mod Dar al Islam it wolud by very helpful and i would be aslo greatful

I can try to help you somewhat, but right now my focus is on CIV Gold 2.0 - we are adding another 20-22 civs and there is a lot of work to be done.

But the good news is that 2.0 will add several of the above, so you will have your African civs in one package. As for Tuareg, give me a few days to look it over and maybe I can make you a mod for that one for the time being.

Cannae
May 23, 2006, 07:04 PM
Thank you very much it is very apricated :goodjob: :thanx: aslo I thought up of a good uu unit for them that would be a a settler mounted on a camel it wolud have no attack but wolud have 2 defnce sence nomads would need to able to defend themselves from wild desert anamals such as a hyenas and the ocasianal (sorry for my spelling)lion and aslo from other nomads. It wolud be avalabal after horseback rideing. They wolud get a movement bouns on hill and desert terrain but would be slightly more expencive as a result. Is this a bad uu idea because if it is plese tell me what is wrong with my idea and how i could fix it.

alireza1354
May 23, 2006, 08:08 PM
Kurds, people of Kurdistan in ancient history "Corduene"

Leader : Salahaddin al Ayyubi (Saladin) - Agricultural and Spiritual, favors Organized Religion

al-Fadl bin Muhammad Shaddadi (Fadl Shaddadi) - Aggressive and Spiritual, favors Police State

Capital : Amed (Diyarbakir) or Hawlar (Arbil)

Flag : http://www.freewebs.com/rojbas/Kurdish%20flag%202.jpg

Starting Techs : The Wheel and Agriculture

Great Scientists : Al Dinawari

Great Merchants : Nasr al-Dawla Ahmad ibn Marwan

Great Prophets : Ibn Athir, Ibn Khallikan, Said Nursi

Great Artists : Baba Taher, Sherefkhan Bidlisi

Great Engineers : Talabani, Barzani

Unique Unit : War Chariot, Pesmerge

Cities :

Amed
Suleymaniyah
Arbil
Hamadan
Dahok
Ruha
Eynteb
Khozat
Chapaqjur
Varto
Mush
Sason
Batman
Siirt
Bitlis
Kosa
Mazhangird
Divrigi
Bay
Amadiya
Rewandiz
Selmas
Maku
Pargiri
Van
Akhlat
Bukan
Mahabad
Marivan
Pawa
Qasri Shirin
Khanaqin
Kirmanshah
Sanandaj
Nahawand
Kangawar
Kifri
Zangelan
Eruh
Sinjar
Ardahan
Erzincan

X-Raided
May 26, 2006, 03:21 AM
I have a civ idea how about Romania with Vlad The Impaler?Without getting in to all the vampire stuff.Unless someone wanted to make a mod like that.

Mexican07
May 26, 2006, 02:17 PM
I also agree there should be a mexican race

mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic

Yes we need the Mexicans.
I'd be willing to help find information.
I can think of the two best leaders of the nation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Juarez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazaro_Cardenas

A fellow posted this on another thread:

Civilization : The Mexicans

Leader : #1Benito Juarez (traits: Organized and Philosophical, Favors: Nationhood)
#2Lazaro Cardenas (traits: Philosophical and Financial. Favors: Emancipation)

Capital : Ciudad de Mexico, Distrito Federal, or Mexico City Federal District (Mexico D.F.)

Flag : White Background and a Green Eagle on the Cactus (the center of the Mexican Flag)

Starting Techs : Agriculture and Mysticism

Great Scientists : -

Great Merchants : look at wikipedia there are many, the problem is I don't many

Great Prophets : Miguel Hidalgo, Jose Maria Morelos, Francisco I. Madero (more political than religous)

Great Artists : Diego Rivera, Salma Hayek, Octavio Paz, Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz

Great Engineers : -

Unique Unit : Insurgente (a defensive infantry unit, there is no real unit but it represents the men that rise up in defense of the homeland like Colonial minutemen)

Cities :
Guadalajara
Monterey
Dolores
Toluca
Veracruz
Cancun
Mazatlan
Acapulco
Torreon
Culiacan
Tijuana
Ciudad de Juarez
Zacatecas
Morelia
Guanajuato
Hidalgo
Tuxtla Gutierez
Merida
Tabasco
Villahermosa
La Paz
Queretaro
Hermosillo
Saltillo
Cuernavaca
Ciudad Victoria

Cannae
May 26, 2006, 04:45 PM
Say is there a mod with the first peoples mod and the out of afriaca mods that are the same file??? (I would only want to have those 2 mods togeter nothing else)

CMKMStephens
May 27, 2006, 06:08 AM
To make it more generally Polynesian, the capital city should probably be Havaiki Nui, with subsequent cities perhaps sharing from among the various Polynesian cultures:

Havaiki Nui
Apia
Tongatapu
Papeete
Tai Pi
Honolulu
Vava'u
Aitutaki
Taputapuatea
Tauranga
Hanga Roa
Moerai
Anua
Ngati Toa
Maui
...something like that. A bit from Samoa, a bit from Tonga, etc.

I'd love to advise on the accuracy of the civ, but I hate XML and Python programming so I probably won't actually do a mod.

From what I know, Ngati Toa is a tribe, and Maui is a person?

Biki
May 28, 2006, 05:03 AM
can someone make a mod with Kosova civ.

Mr. Hankey
May 28, 2006, 01:22 PM
I am working very slowly on a mod around Atlantis between work and school. I was thinking about using the Cyrus model for the leader with some changes of course. I was also wanting to make some other mysterious or ancient civilizations. One example I was thinking was the Dravidians. Anyway I am going to try to make them as I get time, but if anyone can make some or has any good ideas it would always help.

Thanks ahead of time for your interest.

Jeffrodriguez
May 30, 2006, 08:35 AM
I want to request a FILIPINO CIV

Wyz_sub10
May 31, 2006, 04:15 PM
I'd recently come up with an idea for a Tahitians civ, which can be broadened to make it more generally Polynesian:

Here is the city list I am planning to use for the Polynesians in Civ Gold:

Honolulu USA
Suva FIJ
Noumea NCD
Honiara SOL
Apia SAM
Bairiki KIR
Nuku'alofa TON
Hanga-Roa CHI
Lautoka FIJ
Hilo USA
Papeete FP
Port Vila VAN
Weno MIC
Koror PLW
Punaauia FP
Kailua USA
Ebeye MSH
Funafuti TUV
Yaren NAU
Alofi NIU
Tamuning GUA
Garapan NMI
Avarua CKI
Mata-Utu WAF
Atafu TKL
Tafuna AMS
Nadi FIJ
Faaa FP
Kaneohe USA
Mont-Dore NCD
Labasa FIJ
Nausori FIJ
Pirae FP
Waipahu USA
Lami FIJ
Mba FIJ
Rarotonga CKI
Dumbea NCD
Paita NCD
Mahina FP
Paea FP
Luganville VAN
Darrit MSH
Delap MSH
Kiritimati KIR
Vaitele SAM
Noro SOL
Neiafu TON
Nu'uuli AMS
Pago Pago AMS
Palikir MIC
Nett MIC
Kitti MIC
Airai PLW
Mangilao GUA
Yigo GUA

As you can see, the representation is broad. I have extended it to include Melanesia and Micronesia, although I am aware of the distinctions. I've also included cities from Hawaii and Easter Island. Some dependencies are included, as well.

Cannae
Jun 01, 2006, 05:41 PM
I have a request

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ori
Māori is the name of the indigenous people of New Zealand, and their language. The word māori means "normal" or "ordinary" in the Māori language. In legends and other oral traditions, the word distinguished ordinary mortal human beings from deities and spirits. "Māori" has cognates in some other Polynesian languages such as Hawaiian in which the word maoli means native, indigenous, real, or actual. It is also the name of the people and language of the Cook Islands, referred to as Cook Islands Māori.
Archaeological and linguistic evidence (see Sutton 1994) suggests there were probably several waves of migration from Eastern Polynesia to New Zealand between 800 and 1300 AD. Māori origins therefore cannot be separated from those of their Polynesian ancestors (for more information see Polynesian culture). Māori oral history describes their arrival from Hawaiki (a mythical homeland in tropical Polynesia) by large ocean–going canoes (waka) - see Māori migration canoes. Migration accounts vary among Māori tribes or iwi, whose members can identify with different waka in their genealogies or whakapapa.
There is no credible evidence of human settlement in New Zealand prior to the Māori voyagers; on the other hand, compelling evidence from archaeology, linguistics, and physical anthropology indicates that the first settlers were East Polynesians who became the Māori.

Here is the leader info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rangihau
John Te Rangianiwaniwa Rangihau (5 September 1919-14 October 1987) was a New Zealand academic and Māori leader of the Tuhoe iwi. He was also called Te Nika and Te Rangihau.
Rangihau fought with the 28th New Zealand (Māori) Battalion in World War II. He worked as a Māori welfare officer for the Department of Maori Affairs and became a recognised leader of the Tuhoe people. From 1957 to 1959, Rangihau completed a diploma in social science at Victoria University.
In 1973, Rangihau was working for the University of Waikato's Centre for Maori Studies and Research looking for ways to preserve the Māori language. He was involved in setting up Māori-language pre-school groups in 1974, but they lasted less than a year. In 1975 he was awarded the British Empire Medal for services to Māori. Rangihau became involved in the ministerial committee to prevent the decline in the number of Māori language speakers in New Zealand, and the scheme came to fruition with the kohanga reo scheme of Māori-language kindergartens in 1982.
After 1982, Rangihau became an advisor to the Maori Affairs Department. He encouraged Māori elders to contact their children and grandchildren in prisons and encourage them to return to their families once released. He facilitated research into Māori health.
Victoria University established a teaching and research position in his honour in 1989.

and here is a uu idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ori_migration_canoes
Various Māori traditions recount how their ancestors set out from a mythical homeland in great ocean-going canoes. Some of these traditions name the homeland as Hawaiki.
Among these is the story of Kupe, who had eloped with Kuramarotini, the wife of Hoturapa, the owner of the great canoe Matahourua, whom Kupe had murdered. To escape punishment for the murder, Kupe and Kura fled in Matahourua and discovered a land he called Aotearoa ('long-white-cloud'). He explored its coast and killed the sea monster Te Wheke-a-Muturangi, finally returning to his home to spread news of his newly discovered land.[1]
Other stories of various other tribes report migrations to escape famine, over-population, and warfare. These were made in legendary canoes, the best known of which are Aotea, Arawa, Kurahaupō, Mataatua, Tainui, Tākitimu, and Tokomaru. Various traditions name numerous other canoes. Some, including the Āraiteuru, are well known; others including the Kirauta and the sacred Arahura and Mahangaatuamatua are little known. Rather than arriving in a single fleet, the journeys may have occurred over several centuries.

and for the citeys i do not have a list unfortuatly
or this civ to much like the Polynisians civ???

Wyz_sub10
Jun 01, 2006, 07:51 PM
Maori is on my to-do list, as well.

Immediately, we are looking at finishing CIV Gold 2.0, with existing civilizations (and a lot of changes to those existing ones). I am currently gathering some info for Pakistan and will gladly do Maori once I get a chance.

Cannae
Jun 01, 2006, 08:05 PM
some requseted a civ requset of the Huns well I have lots of info on them.Here it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huns
Dionysius Periegetes talks of people who may be Huns living next to the Caspian Sea in second century AD. Ptolemy lists the "Chuni" as among the "Sarmatian" tribes in the second century, although it is not known for certain if these people were the Huns. The fifth century Armenian historian Moses of Khorene, in his "History of Armenia," introduces the Hunni near the Sarmatians and goes on to describe how they captured the city of Balk ("Kush" in Armenian) sometime between 194 and 214, which explains why the Greeks call that city Hunuk.
Following the defeat of the Hsiung-nu by the Han, there was a century without significant Hsiung-nu references, followed by attempts by the Liu family of southern Hsiung-nu Tiefu to establish a state in western China (see Han Zhao). Chionites (OIONO/Xiyon) appear on the scene in Transoxiana as the Kidarites begin to press on the Kushans in 320 and the Jie ethnicity Hou/Later Zhao kingdom competes against the Liu family. Back west, the Romans invite the Huns east of the Ukraine to settle Pannonia in 361, and in 372, under the leadership of Balimir their king, the Huns push toward the west and defeat the Alans. Back east again, in the early 5th century Tiefu Xia is the last southern Hsiung-nu dynasty in Western China and the Alchon and Huna appear in what is now Afghanistan and Pakistan. At this point deciphering Hunnish histories for the multi-linguist becomes easier with relatively well-documented events in Byzantine, Armenian, Iranian, Indian, and Chinese sources.
European Huns in the 5th century
Huns made an appearance in Europe in the Fourth Century AD, appearing first north of the Black Sea area possibly from Central Asia, forcing a large number of Goths to seek refuge in the Roman Empire; then later the Huns appear west of the Carpathians in Pannonia, probably sometime between 400 and 410, which was probably the trigger for the massive migration of Germanic tribes westward across the Rhine in December 406.
The establishment of the 5th century Hun Empire marks one of the first well-documented appearances of the culture of horseback migration in history. Under the leadership of Attila the Hun, these tribal people achieved military and diplomatic superiority over their rivals (most of them highly cultured) through weapons like the Hun bow and a system of pay-offs, financed by the plundering of wealthy Roman cities to the south, to retain the loyalties of a diverse number of tribes.
Attila's Huns incorporated groups of unrelated tributary peoples. In the European case Alans, Gepids, Sciri, Rugians, Sarmatians, Slavs and Gothic tribes all united under the Hun family military elite. Some of Attila's Huns eventually settled in Pannonia after his death, but the Hun Empire would not survive Attila's passing. After his sons were defeated by Ardaric's coalition at the unidentified river Nedao in 454, the Hunnish empire ceased to exist.
The memory of the Hunnish invasion was transmitted orally among the Germanic peoples and is an important component in the Old Norse Völsunga saga and Hervarar saga, and the Old German Nibelungenlied, all portraying events in the Migrations period, almost one millennium before their recordings. In the Hervarar saga, the Goths make first contact with the bow-wielding Huns and meet them in an epic battle on the plains of the Danube. In the Völsunga saga and the Nibelungenlied, King Attila (Atli in Norse and Etzel in German) defeats the Frankish king Sigebert I (Sigurðr or Siegfried) and the Burgundian King Guntram I (Gunnar or Gunther), but is subsequently assassinated by Queen Fredegund (Gudrun or Kriemhild), the sister of the latter and wife of the former.

Leader info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_the_Hun
Attila the Hun (406–453) was the final and most powerful king of the Huns. He reigned over what was then Europe's largest empire, from 434 until his death. His empire stretched from Central Europe to the Black Sea and from the Danube River to the Baltic. During his rule he was among the direst enemies of the Eastern and Western Roman Empires: he invaded the Balkans twice and encircled Constantinople in the second invasion. He marched through Gaul (later France) as far as Orleans before being turned back at Battle of Chalons; and he drove the western emperor Valentinian III from his capital at Ravenna in 452.
Though his empire died with him and he left no amazing legend, he has become a legendary figure in the history of Europe. In much of Western Europe, he is remembered as the epitome of cruelty and rapacity. In contrast, some histories lionize him as a great and noble king, and he plays major roles in three Norse sagas.
As late as 450, Attila had proclaimed his intent to attack the powerful Visigoth kingdom of Toulouse in alliance with Emperor Valentinian III. He had previously been on good terms with the western Empire and its de facto ruler Flavius Aëtius—Aetius had spent a brief exile among the Huns in 433, and the troops Attila provided against the Goths and Bagaudae had helped earn him the largely honorary title of magister militum in the west. The gifts and diplomatic efforts of Geiseric, who opposed and feared the Visigoths, may also have influenced Attila's plans.
However Valentinian's sister Honoria, in order to escape her forced betrothal to a senator, had sent the Hunnish king a plea for help—and her ring—in the spring of 450. Though Honoria may not have intended a proposal of marriage, Attila chose to interpret her message as such; he accepted, asking for half of the western Empire as dowry. When Valentinian discovered the plan, only the influence of his mother Galla Placidia convinced him to exile, rather than kill, Honoria; he also wrote to Attila strenuously denying the legitimacy of the supposed marriage proposal. Attila, not convinced, sent an embassy to Ravenna to proclaim that Honoria was innocent, that the proposal had been legitimate, and that he would come to claim what was rightfully his.
Meanwhile, Theodosius having died in a riding accident, his successor Marcian cut off the Huns' tribute in late 450; and multiple invasions, by the Huns and by others, had left the Balkans with little to plunder. The king of the Salian Franks had died, and the succession struggle between his two sons drove a rift between Attila and Aetius: Attila supported the elder son, while Aetius supported the younger[1]. J.B. Bury believes that Attila's intent, by the time he marched west, was to extend his kingdom—already the strongest on the continent—across Gaul to the Atlantic shore[2]. By the time Attila had gathered his vassals—Gepids, Ostrogoths, Rugians, Scirians, Heruls, Thuringians, Alans, Burgundians, et al.—and begun his march west, he had declared intent of alliance both with the Visigoths and with the Romans.
In 451, his arrival in Belgica with an army exaggerated by Jordanes to half a million strong soon made his intent clear. On April 7 he captured Metz, and Aetius moved to oppose him, gathering troops from among the Franks, the Burgundians, and the Celts. A mission by Avitus, and Attila's continued westward advance, convinced the Visigoth king Theodoric I (Theodorid) to ally with the Romans. The combined armies reached Orleans ahead of Attila[3], thus checking and turning back the Hunnish advance. Aetius gave chase and caught the Huns at a place usually assumed to be near Châlons-en-Champagne. The two armies clashed in the Battle of Chalons, whose outcome commonly, though erroneously, is attributed to be a victory for the Gothic-Roman alliance. Theodoric was killed in the fighting. Aetius failed to press his advantage, and the alliance quickly disbanded. Attila withdrew to continue his campaign against Italy.
Sorry once again I could not find any info on cities

Cannae
Jun 02, 2006, 05:48 PM
Here is more info on the Maori inculduing cites more leader info a flag and a picture of a possabal leaderhead I got all the info on wikipedia
Riwha Titokowaru (c. 1823 - 1888) became a Maori leader in the Taranaki region and one of the most successful opponents of British colonisation anywhere.
Riwha was a subtribal leader (having succeeded his father "Titokowaru") of the Ngati Ruanui iwi in South Taranaki. A lot of what was accomplished by his father had been wrongly attributed to the son; being events of intertribal warring during his time of preadolescence. There is some mystery about his early life, but he is known to have become a Methodist in 1842 having been baptised and given the name of Hohepa Otene (named after the missionary). He joined the "King Movement" and fought in the First Taranaki War in 1860 and 1861 after much provocation from the european-based government.
In 1865 and 1866 British troops conducted a punitive campaign throughout Taranaki, destroying villages whether they supported the King Movement or not. The year 1867 was declared by Titokowaru to be a year of peace. However continual land grabbing by settlers proved intolerable and in 1868 Titokowaru went to war.
In June 1868 Titokowaru's forces destroyed a colonist blockhouse at Turuturumokai, inland of Hawera. The colonial response was to send a large contingent to destroy Titokowaru's stronghold. On 7 September 1868 the colonial forces were defeated with heavy casulties. The stronghold was then abandoned. Amongst the dead was the famous Prussian adventurer Gustavus von Tempsky. Turuturumokai was, previous to becoming a Pakeha garrison, a small Maori encampment, which had been found to be abandoned. Later after careful surveying it was also discovered that, contrary to appearances, Turuturumokai was not as inconquerable as thought by British troops. The Maori decision to leave Turuturumokai was a strategic move.
Titokowaru then advanced southward and defeated a second colonial force at Moturoa. He then stopped at Tauranga Ika and proceeded to build another fortress. Its strength was never tested, as most of Titokowaru's followers abandoned him before the colonials could attack it.
His later understanding of the needed union of two peoples (Maori and settler) was incomparable. He advocated peace and diplomacy between the British and Maoridom. He practiced his own message, demonstrating great tolerance that was noted by many settlers and authority-figures of his time.
see also: Titokowaru's War
Hailed as a warlord, prophet and peacemaker; Titokowaru's remarkable story lapsed into obscurity before being popularised by New Zealand historian James Belich in his works on the Maori wars. He is also the subject of a Maurice Shadbolt novel.

King Tawhiao, born Matutaera Te Pukepuke Te Paue Te Karato Te-a-Potatau Tawhiao, (1822? - August 26, 1894) was a Maori King and leader of the Waikato People. A member of the Ngati Mahuta iwi or tribe.
Born at Orongokoekoea Pa (near Taumarunui) during the Musket Wars. His father, Potatau Te Wherewhero was the leader of the Waikato people. In 1858 Potatau was installed as the first Maori King, his purpose being to promote unity among the Maori people in the face of Pakeha encroachment.
Potatau died in 1860 and was succeeded by Tawhiao who reigned for thirty four years during one of the most difficult and discouraging periods of Maori history. In New Zealand during this period there were two governments. English Law and Govenance prevailed within the settlenments and Maori Law or Custom over the rest of the country. However the Pakeha population was increasing fast while the Maori population was either static or declining. This was also the period when the British felt they had a manifest destiny to rule the world. The presence of an independent native state was seen by many as intolerable particularly as it occupied most of the territory of the North Island and thus had the potential undermine the colonial government's sovereignty.
In 1863 on very slim pretexts and in defiance of the Treaty of Waitangi the Pakeha Government backed by some fourteen thousand Imperial Troops invaded the Waikato, King Tawhio's territory. The Waikato people maded a strong defence but inevitably were forced to retreat. The conquered land was confiscated, altogether about a million acres (4,000 km²).
Tawhiao and his people moved southwards, into the territory of the Ngati Maniapoto, the area of New Zealand that is still known as the King Country. He was a pacifist, or perhaps he was simply a realist who recognized the futility of trying to fight the Pakeha government. Over the next twenty years he travelled among his people reminding them that war always had its price and the price was always higher than expected. But he also predicted that the Maori people would find justice and restitution for the wrongs they had suffered.
In 1878 the New Zealand Government with George Grey as Prime Minister approached Tawhio with the proposal that some of their Waikato land would be restored to them if they would accept the integration of the King Country with the rest of New Zealand. On the advice of his council Tawhio rejected the offer. However it was accepted three years later in a modified form.
Denied justice in New Zealand King Tawhio travelled to London to see Queen Victoria to try and persuade her to honour the Treaty between their peoples. Not surprisingly he didn't get beyond Lord Derby, Secretary of State for the Colonies who said it was a New Zealand problem. Returning to New Zealand the Premier, Robert Stout, insisted that all events happening prior to 1863 were the responsibility of the Imperial Government.
Thoroughly disillusioned Tawhiao tried various initiatives to promote the independence and welfare of his people but he had been effectively marginalized. His problems were not solely due to the attitude of the New Zealand Government. The King Movement had never represented all the Maori people and as it lost its mana or standing they became even more disunited. During the remainder of his life Tawhio was respected and even entertained as royalty by many of the Maori people. But he was allowed almost no influence over political events, he had been truly marginalized.
Tawhiao is buried at Taupiri.

here are the cities

Ngapuhi
Porou
Kahungunu
Waikato
Tuwharetoa
Tuhoe
Maniapoto
Raukawa
Awa
Atiawa
Whatua
Rarawa
Whanau-a-Apanui
Whakatohea
Ati Hau Nui-A-Paparangi
Aupouri
Kahu
Rangi
Haua
Taranaki
Ranginui
Akarana
Ruanui
Pikiao
Te Aitanga-a-Mahaki
Rangitane
Ruahine
Rauru
Toarangatira
Toa
Wai
Rongowhakaata
Apa
Mutunga
Muaupoko
Hauiti
Rongomaiwahine
Tama
Tuhourangi
Rangiwewehi
Manawa
Pakakohi
Waitaha
Pukenga
Tahu
Rangitihi
Hako
Koata
Whare
Roroa
Uri-o Hau
Rarua
Moriori
Takoto
Pukenga ki Waiau
Tangahoe
Uenuku-Kopako
Uenuku-Kopako
Uenuku-Kopako
Tarawhai
Tai
Rangiteaorere
Patukirikiri
Ati Awa
Kāi Tahu
Kati Mamoe
Ruahine
Ruanui
Tai
Ngarauru
Ngaruanui
Ngaterangi
Kuia
Kuri
Mahuta
Mamoe
Maru
Paoa
Poneke
Rahiri Tumutumu
Rauru
Ruapani
Tamanuhiri
Tamatera
Tara Tokanui
Ata
Tutekohe
Whakaue
Whanaunga
Tapuika
Aitanga-a-Hauiti
Arawa
Roroa

Yanez
Jun 02, 2006, 06:39 PM
Make Chile. A lot of Chileans here.

UniverseZero
Jun 02, 2006, 11:36 PM
If anyone actually gets to make any of those CIV's, I've been wanting to have a israeli CIV...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140587 is a thread about the Civ but the creator just stopped comming

Civ: Israeli

Leaders:
King David: Spiritual, Agressive
Itzjak Rabin: Spiritual, Expansive

Capital: Jerusalem

Flag:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d4/Flag_of_Israel.svg/440px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png

Starting Techs: Mysticism and Hunting

Great Scientists : Chaim Weizmann, Asher Peres

Great Prophets : Moses, Rabi Akiva, Abraham, Moishe Filher

Great Artists : Shlomo Artzi, Naomi Shemer, Gene Simmons

Great Engineers : Jacob Ziv, Moshe Zakai

Unique Unit : Tzahal (Some kind of modern era soldier with the guerrilla improvement...)

Cities:
Tel Aviv
Haifa
Eilat
Jerico
Tiberias
Akko
Beer Sheva
Yafo
Gaza
Bet Lejem
Gaza
Nazareth
Masada
Arad
Petaj Tikva
Modin
Ariel

Wyz_sub10
Jun 03, 2006, 03:21 PM
If anyone actually gets to make any of those CIV's, I've been wanting to have a israeli

Search the forum. There are 2 Israeli civs already, and a re-tooled one coming with CIV Gold 2.0 in a couple of weeks.

Los Tirano
Jun 05, 2006, 01:30 PM
Overlooked by many because now it is just a city (the vatican). You could have a number of different popes with differing traits for leaders. Urban II would be a must, as he started the crusades.

Unique unit: Jesuits. Cheaper missionaries, and convert some of the population (20-40%) to your civ when activated.

Second UU: papal guard. A re-skinned pikeman with an exceptional bonus to city defence. "We must defend the pope!"

Well i hope sombody makes this. Dieu le veult!

Rowro
Jun 05, 2006, 11:09 PM
I would like to request any civ using modern nations and their leaders.

Ocelot
Jun 06, 2006, 03:44 AM
It would be awesome as heck to play as Vlad Dracula, leader of Transylvania

He'd be Aggressive and Expansive, I think.

Anyone think they could do this?

O.

Los Tirano
Jun 06, 2006, 04:12 AM
It certainly would be awesome. However, his name was Vlad Tepes (pronounced Sepesh). He didnt expand his domains, only defended them from the Turks so he doesnt qualify for the expansive trait.

:rolleyes: He did have a way with organizing the people and curbing crime so perhaps he warrants organized.

Thats right, his surname meant the son of the dragon (or devil). Well found mozza.
Agressive spiritual sounds right.

Ocelot
Jun 07, 2006, 12:54 AM
This is sounding better and better. I'd be willing to do a lot of the legwork and writing for this if someone could do the programming and whatnot.

Hell, now that I think about it, a vampire civilization or mod might just be kewl. :D

O.

Mozza
Jun 07, 2006, 05:39 AM
It certainly would be awesome. However, his name was Vlad Tepes (pronounced Sepesh). He didnt expand his domains, only defended them from the Turks so he doesnt qualify for the expansive trait.

:rolleyes: He did have a way with organizing the people and curbing crime so perhaps he warrants organized.

His name was Vlad Dracula (Dracula meaning "son of The Dragon", his father was Vlad Dracul), Tepes, meaning "The Impaler" was a name given to him by his enemies. I think Aggressive and Spiritual.

Vlad III Dracula (November or December, 1431 – December 1476), has also been known as Dracula (also Drăculea — see below), or Vlad the Impaler (Vlad Ţepeş IPA: ['tsepeʃ] in Romanian). Vlad III was the voivode, or prince, of the principality of Wallachia (what is today an informal region in southern Romania). His three reigns were in 1448, from 1456 to 1462, and 1476. His surname 'Dracula' seems to come from his father's surname 'Dracul', due to the 'Order of the Dragon' he got from the German Emperor.

As voivode he led an independent policy in relation to the Ottoman Empire, and in Romania at least he is best remembered as a Christian knight crusading against Islamic expansionism into Europe and a prince with deep sense of justice. He is known in Turkish as Kazıklı Bey, or the Impaler Prince, and is a popular folk hero in Romania and Moldova even today.

Outside of Romania he is known by the exaggerated tales of atrocities (many of which stem from records of debatable authenticity), and even more so - the title of vampire and as the main character of Bram Stoker's 1897 horror novel, Dracula — to the point where he is thought to be the inspiration for it. It has been suggested that this connection stemmed from a certain grotesque eating habit of Vlad's: rumour has it he would consume bread dipped in his victims' blood and he refused to eat anywhere but his garden where he had his enemies impaled on 6 foot stakes that were driven into the ground.

His impact on Ottoman Empire expansion is recognizable in that his successful war against the Ottomans bought precious time for western Europe.

His post-mortem moniker of Ţepeş (Impaler) originated in his preferred method for executing his opponents, impalement, popularized by medieval Transylvanian pamphlets.

Commissar_Smith
Jun 08, 2006, 01:44 PM
Two requests for new civis:

1) Dixie - yes I know that there's been several CSA civs made but the Confederacy was just a government - 5 years of a regional-nation that has existed for 250+ years. American Southerner would be the adjective. For leadership: Thomas Jefferson or Calhoun. I would go with Calhoun. Spiritual, Philos. or Creative would be the civ's characteristics. U Unit: mounted infantry (horseback guerillas) Make Atlanta the capital I guess.

2) Ulster - as in Ulster Protestants of Northern Ireland. Ulstermen for adjective? Characteristics: Spiritual and Aggressive. Leader: Ian Paisley. U Unit: Loyalist gunman. Capital: Belfast.

With the creation of Ulster you could create Eire with the same characteristics. It would be great to have a scenario of the Troubles with three players: British security forces, Ulster Protestants, Irish Catholics. You would have to apply invisibility to the paramilitary units of the UP and IC.

- Smith

smith_1988_tn@hotmail.com

Ocelot
Jun 08, 2006, 07:43 PM
Dracula's special units could be Impalers instead of Warriors or Macemen - maybe they get a free combat bonus.

And I can't really see Dracula as spiritual. He was never one for religion so much as he was for keeping VERY tight control over his populace and killing anyone that stood against him. So from that respect, definetly Aggressive and Organized.

With some modification, either Peter or Hunya Copec could be Dracula.

O.

Los Tirano
Jun 09, 2006, 12:01 PM
Since when is killing anyone that stands against you not spiritual? :lol:
I could name any number of religious leaders that had no problems wiping out the 'infidels' (but the moderators may not look to kindly upon me).

Cannae
Jun 09, 2006, 05:19 PM
I thoghut of a civ idea the Mungal empire in India

Mozza
Jun 12, 2006, 07:54 AM
Dracula's special units could be Impalers instead of Warriors or Macemen - maybe they get a free combat bonus.

And I can't really see Dracula as spiritual. He was never one for religion so much as he was for keeping VERY tight control over his populace and killing anyone that stood against him. So from that respect, definetly Aggressive and Organized.

With some modification, either Peter or Hunya Copec could be Dracula.

O.

He was a devout Christian who saved Christendom from being overrun by Musslemen, he was a member of The Order Of the Dragon, an off-shoot of the Knights Of The Temple Of Solomon, he is referred to in Romania as "St Vlad".

This is all assuming you want to do the Historical Vlad Dracula

Bram Stoker's Dracula differed in several ways:

He was never referred to as Vlad
He was fictional
He was a vampire
He was Transylvanian, not Wallachian
He didn't have a moustache

MasterMind666
Jun 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
I would like to see another mod with the Romanians :)
(the other one can't be downloaded)
and Vlad Tepes was spiritual!
The other ruler could be "Mihai Viteazul" another national hero.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania_in_the_Middle_Ages

jeps
Jun 12, 2006, 06:58 PM
My requests -
1) Western Canada (separtist)
2) West Bank / Gaza Strip (I'm israeli/canadian, would make interesting scenario)
3) Communist Countries (5 in world, CHINA (in game), VIETNAM (been done) CUBA, LAOS, N. KOREA)
4) The countries supposed to be created in the world - SIKHISTAN (indian independance), KURDISTAN (Iraqi independance), RUTHENIA (breakup of Austria-Hungary)
5)CIV 4 TO COME ONTO MAC ALREADY!

jeps
Jun 12, 2006, 07:07 PM
Also, LOW COUNTRIES and VATICAN CITY
LOW COUNTRIES - Netherlands (could divide Netherlands into provinces), Belguim, Luxembourg (could add swiss too, even though they aren't "low")...

general - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_countries
provinces - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventeen_Provinces

Vatican has lots of influence, could EASILY find cathedrals to use as cities.

Wyz_sub10
Jun 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
My requests -
1) Western Canada (separtist)

There is such a mod already - look for 'Saskberta' in the Civilizations forum.

EphraimCovenant
Jun 16, 2006, 05:00 PM
I was thinking a Mormon Civilization, they did have their own nation of Desseret for a little while...

DarkReborn
Jun 16, 2006, 06:07 PM
First,hello to all!
and now there goes my request
please could you make a combine(the ones of Half-Life 2) civ with Dr. Breen as a leaderhead and combine soldier as UU
Thanks!
EDIT: Hey Wyz_sub10 are u the same from the PRC forums?
its only for curiosity

Cannae
Jun 16, 2006, 06:18 PM
here is some info on the Mugal Empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugal_Empire
here is some info on the leaders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akbar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babur
the UU would look like one of those rockets from aoe3 and aslo would have a sword attached to it and would relase from the rocket and fly on to the enemey.Or you could have an enlarged version of the cannon(when I mean enlarged I mean 50 tons inlarged note that was how large the largest cannon made was and was made by the Mugals) that would be inmoble due to it's size.

Genghis_Kai
Jun 17, 2006, 10:29 AM
Please consider adding a few more South Asian and East Asian civs. Suggestions are:

East Asia
Xiong-Nu
Manchurian
Khitan
Uyghur
Bai

South Asia
Tamil
Telegu
Bengali
Punjabi

Checking the statistic, The vanilla has:

7 European civs (8 if including America)
3 Middle East civs
1 South Asian civ
0 South East Asian civs
3 East Asian civs
1 Sub-sahara civ
3 American civs (2 if excluding America)
0 Oceania civ

This certainly doesn't reflect the real population distribution in the world.

India and China in history at most time were not as united as it is now. Many different civs which are now classified as either Indian or Chinese had glorious history. For example, The Manchu civ conquored Ming China (ruled by Han-Chinese) and created Qing dynasty of China, between 1644-1911. It was a major power on Earth during that period.

Cannae
Jun 17, 2006, 11:08 AM
Please consider adding a few more Asian civs. Suggestions are:

East Asia
Xiong-Nu
Tibetan
Manchurian
Khitan
Uyghur
Bai

South East Asia
Vietnamese
Javanese
Khmer
Thai

South Asia
Tamil
Telegu
Bengali
Punjabi

Oceania
Aboriginals
Maori
Polynesian

Checking the statistic, The vanilla has:

7 European civs (8 if including America)
3 Middle East civs
1 South Asian civ
0 South East Asian civs
3 East Asian civs
1 Sub-sahara civ
3 American civs (2 if excluding America)
0 Oceania civ

This certainly doesn't reflect the real population distribution in the world. Some of the civs I suggested are already created by other people I think.
well there is already a polynisain civ along with a Aboriginals civ however I have some good news aboght the Maori Civ I have all most finished and need to test it and once I figuere out how to upload a file to here;) they aslo have a javanise civ with a tibetin one.

Cannae
Jun 17, 2006, 11:11 AM
yep it has an error you will have to wait a little longer while I fix it.

Cannae
Jun 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Overlooked by many because now it is just a city (the vatican). You could have a number of different popes with differing traits for leaders. Urban II would be a must, as he started the crusades.

Unique unit: Jesuits. Cheaper missionaries, and convert some of the population (20-40%) to your civ when activated.

Second UU: papal guard. A re-skinned pikeman with an exceptional bonus to city defence. "We must defend the pope!"

Well i hope sombody makes this. Dieu le veult!

I agree that there sholud be a vatican civ
The cities could be named after famous Bishops,and possabaly famous Jesuits as well as some famous saints I personly agree with every thing said above but I think that another leader sholud be added that is

Pope John Paul(I think that is what he was called)
traits spritual and creative
Favorite civic Pacifism

Genghis_Kai
Jun 21, 2006, 08:30 AM
well there is already a polynisain civ along with a Aboriginals civ however I have some good news aboght the Maori Civ I have all most finished and need to test it and once I figuere out how to upload a file to here;) they aslo have a javanise civ with a tibetin one.

But there aren't enough East and South Asian civs. India and China in history at most time were not as united as it is now. Many different civs which are now classified as either Indian or Chinese had glorious history. For example, The Manchu civ conquored Ming China (ruled by Han-Chinese) and created Qing dynasty of China, between 1644-1911. It was a major power on Earth during that period.

Wyz_sub10
Jun 21, 2006, 10:06 AM
EDIT: Hey Wyz_sub10 are u the same from the PRC forums? its only for curiosity

Yup. I haven't done much with the PRC lately. I did a tonne of race work for them but the system became a little too "expanded" and I had difficulty keeping up. But I did the 60+ races that were added with the PRC.

Wyz_sub10
Jun 21, 2006, 10:09 AM
Tibetan
Vietnamese
Javanese
Khmer
Thai
Aboriginals
Polynesian

All of the above exist already. The Aboriginals are in CIV Gold 1.0, and Vietnam, Khmer, Thai and Polynesians will all be in CIV Gold 2.0, to be released at the end of this month.

I don't think Javanese will be added, but we will add Maori for 3.0, and may add Indonesia and Phillipines, as well.

Wyz_sub10
Jun 21, 2006, 10:11 AM
I would like to see another mod with the Romanians :)

Romania will be included in CIV Gold 2.0.

Genghis_Kai
Jun 22, 2006, 04:17 AM
All of the above exist already. The Aboriginals are in CIV Gold 1.0, and Vietnam, Khmer, Thai and Polynesians will all be in CIV Gold 2.0, to be released at the end of this month.

I don't think Javanese will be added, but we will add Maori for 3.0, and may add Indonesia and Phillipines, as well.

I think I should of check carefully what are already available before I made my first post. Now it seems like I have confused other people. Thats my fault, sorry.

I went back and edited my first post and made my request more explicitely for East Asian and South Asian civs. I think my suggestions is now more clearer.

Besides that, I want to thank every modder here for their effort, especially Civ Gold :goodjob:

s.c.dude
Jun 22, 2006, 03:49 PM
hello is everybody forgetting about the jews or isrealights or thase guys that own jueruselam. I know that bablonians and egyptians influenced it but come on

Wyz_sub10
Jun 22, 2006, 06:46 PM
hello is everybody forgetting about the jews or isrealights or thase guys that own jueruselam. I know that bablonians and egyptians influenced it but come on

Israel will be in CIV Gold v.2.0, and there are already 2 different Israel mods.

So, no, no one is forgetting it. :D

mr.x
Jun 23, 2006, 06:21 AM
Hey all,

I have made a new 2.0 version of the bosnian civilization, a bit improved. So i was wondering if someone can make a unique unit for bosnian civ, for example a marine or soldier with this simbol:

http://www.leksikon-yu-mitologije.net/files/BiH%20grb.gif

Many thanks, Mr.X!

Martis12
Jun 24, 2006, 12:48 PM
Can someone make a Lithuanian with leader Vytautas or Gediminas?

deanjack
Jun 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
This is just a request for a British civ. I just feel that having England itself is a bit one sided.

Wyz_sub10
Jun 24, 2006, 03:45 PM
Can someone make a Lithuanian with leader Vytautas or Gediminas?

There is already a Lithuanian civ. And an updated Lithuanian civ will be included in CIV Gold 2.0.

Altantis24
Jun 24, 2006, 09:33 PM
hi i dont know if anyone asked for this and if they have sorry. But i would like the Atlantis Civ. (not the t.v show, the actual people)

:) thanxs

Martis12
Jun 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
I'd like to request:
Iroquois and Persians,please

Wyz_sub10
Jun 25, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'd like to request:
Iroquois and Persians,please

Iroquois are done already. Check my sig for First Peoples mod and CIV Gold mod. The Iroquois are in both of those.

The Persians come with the game, dude.

fergus
Jun 26, 2006, 02:19 PM
Can anyone do the peruvians

fergus
Jun 26, 2006, 02:19 PM
can anyone do the peruvians

sorry for double post :blush:

danzig082
Jun 26, 2006, 07:33 PM
get the Texans back on here the link is dead ... or remake them please !!!

mike p
Jun 27, 2006, 10:49 PM
Any baseball fans out there with graphics skills?

I was thinking that the next nation we all need as a civ is Red Sox Nation.

I've got the concept down, but none of the hard stuff.

Starting Technologies: Mysticism, Agriculture (The Red Sox are probably the biggest religion in New England and you need agriculture for nice, natural grass)

Unique Unit: Dominican Mercenaries (Available with Bronze Working, just like axemen but don't require copper since they're using wooden bats. I want an army of Big Papis)

Leader: Theo Epstein or Ted Williams (not sure)

Traits: Expansive and Spiritual

Favorite Civic: No idea on this one.

Anyone else like this idea?

deserteagle1237
Jun 28, 2006, 02:41 PM
Someone needs to finish up the Vietnam civilization someone started a while ago, he hasn't updated it for a long time

It'd be cool to have a Mushroom Kingdom civ

Wyz_sub10
Jun 28, 2006, 03:09 PM
Someone needs to finish up the Vietnam civilization someone started a while ago, he hasn't updated it for a long time

Vietnam will be in CIV Gold 2.0 and will be completely cleaned and finished.

deserteagle1237
Jun 28, 2006, 09:03 PM
Vietnam will be in CIV Gold 2.0 and will be completely cleaned and finished.
Awesome :)

s.c.dude
Jun 29, 2006, 07:15 AM
Israel will be in CIV Gold v.2.0, and there are already 2 different Israel mods.

So, no, no one is forgetting it. :D
oh sorry i only did a once over of the civs then posted

Altantis24
Jun 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
can someone make an Atlantis (Scifi Show) Civ with Elizabeth Weir, and John Sheppard as the leaders, can someone make their images look like the others in the game (not photos, but cartoon like) And have the flag as a blue and dk blue background with the colored logo (Pegasus patch). And have the Unique unit as a Knight. If anyone is intersested in making this I can send pics of what I want.

thanxs

Foley
Jul 01, 2006, 06:48 AM
Where the hell is the Great Southern Land? (Australia)

http://eurekasydney.com/images/eureka_flag.jpg

Leaders: John Curtin (Spi-Ind; Environmentalism), Alfred Deakin (Org-Fin; Free Trade)

Unique: Bushranger (Oh, you know who I'm talkin' about)

Starting techs: Agriculture, Mining

Prophets: Paul Keating, Gough Whitlam, Henry Parkes, Cathy Freeman, Eddie Mabo, Peter Lalor
Artists: Percy Grainger, Michael Leunig, Sidney Nolan, Peter Booth, Peter Weir, David Gulpilil, Kylie Minogue, Barry Humphries
Engineers: Dick Smith, Kerry Packer, John Monash
Scientists: Lance Hill, David Warren, Mervyn Victor Richardson,

(A note on the Great Eng's/Sci's: Australia's technically only a century old. If real life were a round of Civ, we'd just be graduating from our initibuilds. As such, we haven't the robust intellectual/engineering/theological/cultural history of a Germany or China or Russia or Babylonia, etc (yet). The Scientists and Engineers mentioned here are a bit of a free-association affair: Packer, for instance, never used a level or laid asphalt, but he 'engineered' our national development (for better or worse) in other capacities. Again, Lance Hill is really a one-off inventor instead of a real scientist, but hey, we must make do until the emergence of Pax Australiana!)

Complimentary unit: Scout

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Canberra
Hobart
Darwin
Ballarat
Newcastle
Geelong
Bendigo
Wollongong
Launceston
Mildura
Fremantle
Broome
Mandurah
Mackay
Wagga Wagga
Dubbo
Port Hedland

Wyz_sub10
Jul 01, 2006, 04:07 PM
Where the hell is the Great Southern Land? (Australia)

http://eurekasydney.com/images/eureka_flag.jpg

Leaders: John Curtin (Spi-Ind; Environmentalism), Alfred Deakin (Org-Fin; Free Trade)

Unique: Bushranger (Oh, you know who I'm talkin' about)

Starting techs: Agriculture, Mining

Prophets: Paul Keating, Gough Whitlam, Henry Parkes, Cathy Freeman, Eddie Mabo, Peter Lalor
Artists: Percy Grainger, Michael Leunig, Sidney Nolan, Peter Booth, Peter Weir, David Gulpilil, Kylie Minogue, Barry Humphries
Engineers: Dick Smith, Kerry Packer, John Monash
Scientists: Lance Hill, David Warren, Mervyn Victor Richardson,

(A note on the Great Eng's/Sci's: Australia's technically only a century old. If real life were a round of Civ, we'd just be graduating from our initibuilds. As such, we haven't the robust intellectual/engineering/theological/cultural history of a Germany or China or Russia or Babylonia, etc (yet). The Scientists and Engineers mentioned here are a bit of a free-association affair: Packer, for instance, never used a level or laid asphalt, but he 'engineered' our national development (for better or worse) in other capacities. Again, Lance Hill is really a one-off inventor instead of a real scientist, but hey, we must make do until the emergence of Pax Australiana!)

Complimentary unit: Scout

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Canberra
Hobart
Darwin
Ballarat
Newcastle
Geelong
Bendigo
Wollongong
Launceston
Mildura
Fremantle
Broome
Mandurah
Mackay
Wagga Wagga
Dubbo
Port Hedland

Included in CIV Gold 2.0, but with Menzies as the leader.

Hadrean
Jul 06, 2006, 12:12 AM
I would like a Nazi Germany Civ with Adolf Hitler as the leader (duh) and the flag is obvious so there is not much to say. I just thought after that having this Civ we would have the three mass murdurers after warlords comes out.
For the LH, I want it to be an animated one, so re-skinning Napoleon or FDR might have good results.

Los Tirano
Jul 06, 2006, 03:28 AM
Yeah i agree. They foolishly shy away from the Third Reich though. But they couldnt have had Adolf as another leader of Germany because the nazi flag representing the entirity of German history would become a serious problem. So yeah the Third Reich made as another civ is a great idea. Sure somebody has made a scenario somewhere so the flag will be already made. Try the flag packs.

Mozza
Jul 10, 2006, 06:32 AM
I used to aggree with having Hitler in the game, but having visited Auschwitz I'm not so sure now.

Sir Gallaghad
Jul 11, 2006, 02:25 AM
Hi all this is my first post just bought the game its as fantastic as I thought and congrats to all at civ gold great download!!!

I would like to see the Cubans very important during the mid 20th C

Leaders Fidel and Batista

heat332
Jul 14, 2006, 05:56 PM
modern israel

Wyz_sub10
Jul 14, 2006, 06:49 PM
Sir Gallaghad,

Thanks! Cuba will likely be an add for 3.0, which will follow Warlords. It may *require* Warlords, however, only because it would be nice to have a new LH set to re-skin.

heat232,

Israel is in Gold 2.0. The city list is modern, although the leader is David. I could make the UU a modern one (as none currently exists in the base mod).

Would would you suggest?

Rob (R8XFT)
Jul 14, 2006, 11:09 PM
Sir Gallaghad,
Israel is in Gold 2.0. The city list is modern, although the leader is David. I could make the UU a modern one (as none currently exists in the base mod).

Would would you suggest?
If I may, I'd like to suggest that if you're using an ancient leader, then the UU should be ancient too - perhaps the Maccabee?

Maasu
Jul 15, 2006, 05:53 AM
I just hope that Civ Gold would some day include Finland. It would be neat ^^

There is one mod that adds finland to the game, but still, it would be better if it could be included on a larger scale mod. The best thing of all would be if it is included in the game, with possible leaders that we thought:

Lalli http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalli
Vainamoinen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vainamoinen (fictive character)
Adolf Ehrnrooth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Ehrnrooth
Mannerheim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannerheim (already included in current Finmod (http://people.cc.jyu.fi/~vesavola/finmod.html))
Risto Ryti http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risto_Ryti
Kekkonen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekkonen (already included in current Finmod (http://people.cc.jyu.fi/~vesavola/finmod.html))

Come to think of it, it would be neat to have all of those leaders in it ^^

Wyz_sub10
Jul 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
I just hope that Cib Gold would some day include Finland. It would be neat ^^

There is one mod that adds finland to the game, but still, it would be better if it could be included on a larger scale mod. The best thing of all would be if it is included in the game

It *is* included in 2.0, with an animated Kekkonen standing in front of the cathedral at Helsinki, and the Jaegar as the unique unit.

Maasu
Jul 16, 2006, 12:19 AM
It *is* included in 2.0, with an animated Kekkonen standing in front of the cathedral at Helsinki, and the Jaegar as the unique unit.

What else to say than thanks ^^ Animated even, thats more than i hoped :)

Hope that in future there would be 2 Finnish leaders to choice from, atleast. Mannerheim would be a good canditate. ;)

And if not improper to ask, when do you think the 2.0 would be ready to launch? Just an inaccurate evaluation, your personal guess or approximate estimation of how many per cent of it is completed :D Just curious.

Wyz_sub10
Jul 16, 2006, 11:15 AM
And if not improper to ask, when do you think the 2.0 would be ready to launch? Just an inaccurate evaluation, your personal guess or approximate estimation of how many per cent of it is completed :D Just curious.

There were a couple of things creating extra work in this pack, but most of them have been addressed.

We're shooting for early this coming week. *crosses fingers*. I'll look in to adding Mannerheim at some point.

Maasu
Jul 17, 2006, 03:09 AM
There were a couple of things creating extra work in this pack, but most of them have been addressed.

We're shooting for early this coming week. *crosses fingers*. I'll look in to adding Mannerheim at some point.

Yup, thanks for the hint ^^

Hope it will come to pass to have mannerheim in the game. Thanks for the effort and keep up the good work :goodjob:

kevinpark86
Jul 19, 2006, 01:32 AM
I would appreciate someone can mod Korean civilization.
The most important leaders in Korea are:
King Sejong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great_of_Joseon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great_of_Joseon)
and President Park, Jung-Hee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Jung_Hee
It would be nice if these figures are animated.

Thanks

Wyz_sub10
Jul 19, 2006, 11:20 AM
I would appreciate someone can mod Korean civilization.
The most important leaders in Korea are:
King Sejong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great_of_Joseon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great_of_Joseon)
and President Park, Jung-Hee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Jung_Hee
It would be nice if these figures are animated.

Thanks

I believe Jecrell's Korean mod was among the first to be made several months ago (and it includes Sejong).

Korea is also included in the current version of CIV Gold (with animated leaderheads) - check my sig for the file.

And, of course, Korea is one of the new civs in "Warlords".

Rule Brittania
Jul 22, 2006, 06:15 PM
Are there any mods for Scotland???

Altantis24
Jul 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
can someone make a Star Wars civ. With new units from all the eras. (clone wars, galatic civil war). Some of the teams i would like are the Chiss, Vong, Bounty hunters (jango), jedi, senate, empire, rebels, wookies, hutts, old republic, kamonians, separtist, the units i would like are anything and everything. Leaders Vader, papatine, emperor, luke, leia, obiwan, jango, boba, anakin(good Side), thrawn, vong, jabba, chewie, dooku, mace, Tarfful, grevious.

thanxs, if you have any questions just pm me.

Red Door
Jul 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
Check out Civmasan's (I spelled it wrong again!) Star Wars Mod. It has what you're looking for.

Altantis24
Jul 23, 2006, 05:11 PM
okay thanxs alot

Red Door
Jul 23, 2006, 05:16 PM
You're welcome. :)

Wyz_sub10
Jul 23, 2006, 07:09 PM
Are there any mods for Scotland???

Yes.

FYI, you can do a search by forum. Just enter 'Scotland'.

brooklyn boy
Jul 24, 2006, 08:04 AM
Can MAC users use the already created cicilizations posted by all y'all? Or shall I make requests for them separately? I would love to have those First Peoples of North America, they look rockin!

Cheers!

(Oh and I really would love a Hapsburg Empire complete with Maria Theresa (AE) and Joseph II (PC))

Wyz_sub10
Jul 24, 2006, 10:49 AM
Can MAC users use the already created cicilizations posted by all y'all? Or shall I make requests for them separately? I would love to have those First Peoples of North America, they look rockin!

Cheers!

(Oh and I really would love a Hapsburg Empire complete with Maria Theresa (AE) and Joseph II (PC))

As far as I know, you should be okay provided you can open the ZIP file. The First Peoples mod has two civs - Iroquois and Sioux - that are in CIV Gold 2.0 w/animated leaderheads.

That mod also has Austria (not Hapsburg, per se) with Franz Joseph and Maria Teresa as leaders.

brooklyn boy
Jul 24, 2006, 11:16 AM
I don't want to have too many new civilizations right off the bat, is there a way to only cherry pick the ones I'd like, then decide if I want them all?

Also how do I check to see what all the stats are for CIV Gold's civs? I'd like to only have two of each trait combinations (Aggressive, Creative, etc) once I've uploaded a bunch of new civs.

Wyz_sub10
Jul 24, 2006, 12:29 PM
I don't want to have too many new civilizations right off the bat, is there a way to only cherry pick the ones I'd like, then decide if I want them all?

Also how do I check to see what all the stats are for CIV Gold's civs? I'd like to only have two of each trait combinations (Aggressive, Creative, etc) once I've uploaded a bunch of new civs.

The easiest way to pick the Gold civs you want is to go into "CivilizationsInfo.xml" and set the "Playable" and "AI Playable" flags to '1' (yes) or '0' (no). You'd still have all them, but could choose which ones to activate. Trying to edit all the XML and graphics files would be a huge pain.

Otherwise, find a single civ you want, add it and see how it plays out.

As for stats - traits (as you know) are based on the leader. I could put something together showing all the leader traits. But I'm afraid I can't get to that right away.

brooklyn boy
Jul 24, 2006, 06:57 PM
Awesome, that would be helpful. I'm trying to only have two of every trait combo at the most.

Civmansam
Jul 25, 2006, 01:11 PM
Check out Civmasan's (I spelled it wrong again!) Star Wars Mod. It has what you're looking for.
When did you spell it wrong before?:confused:

Red Door
Jul 25, 2006, 03:24 PM
The Creation and Customization Guide For Newbies.

sirtommygunn
Jul 25, 2006, 11:07 PM
i think that ramesses the 2nd should be added to the egyptians :egypt: he did rule for like 66 years around there somwhere :crazyeye:

Rob (R8XFT)
Jul 25, 2006, 11:11 PM
i think that ramesses the 2nd should be added to the egyptians :egypt: he did rule for like 66 years around there somwhere :crazyeye:
It's just as well he's in Warlords then ;) !
Welcome to Civfanatics :goodjob: !!

Subaru WrXxX
Jul 27, 2006, 12:02 AM
I searched for awhile on the site & couldnt find it anywhere? Canada, Brazil, Argentina etc but no Mexico....In my games I only use the more " modern " civs ie Russia, USA Germany etc over ancient civs like the Romans, Greeks etc. Just doesnt seem rite not to have the Mexicans in there somewhere. Thanks 2 any1 who will make them, Im sure Im not the only person looking for them.

Hadrean
Jul 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
I searched for awhile on the site & couldnt find it anywhere? Canada, Brazil, Argentina etc but no Mexico....In my games I only use the more " modern " civs ie Russia, USA Germany etc over ancient civs like the Romans, Greeks etc. Just doesnt seem rite not to have the Mexicans in there somewhere. Thanks 2 any1 who will make them, Im sure Im not the only person looking for them.

But greece is modern...

Subaru WrXxX
Jul 27, 2006, 09:59 PM
Technically yes but I mean, there peak & all came in ancient times, u know what i mean. I mean thats like saying, the Romans are present day Italy more or less....

I basically only use modern day powers as my civs, just a personal preference....Also, I know its possible but cant find it anywhere....how do you load multiple new modded civs to load everytime to choose for the AI to play? I know you have 2 do it in the .ini. file somewhere but what to put in there is way beyoid me....maybe I should makea new topic about this....

supersoulty
Jul 30, 2006, 06:18 PM
Here is an idea that I have toyed around with for sometime... "All the Presidents... Presidents". Basically, I was wondering if someone could create a senario that features all the Presidents in US history, from GW to GW. I would help out with research and picking Presidential traits, but I have no idea how to do the rest of it, so if anyone in interested, please tell me.

rhino78
Jul 31, 2006, 10:25 AM
I know! I know!

America

Genaral Patton

(Yes VERY BIG fan of WWII

rhino78
Jul 31, 2006, 10:26 AM
I know! I know!

America

Genaral Patton

(Yes VERY BIG fan of WWII)

EDIT:My bad some forums don't like double-posts

StarWorms
Jul 31, 2006, 01:05 PM
English Civ: William the Conqueror (and moved Victoria and Churchill to British civ)
Huns: Attila the Hun (why has he been left out?

I'd also like to see an Austrian civ and another Greek guy but I don't know about their histories.

Mozza
Aug 01, 2006, 05:29 AM
Speaking of Leaders. Since Hitler seems to be popping up, Stalin's already in... how about Oliver Cromwell for England?

Wyz_sub10
Aug 01, 2006, 09:53 AM
I'd also like to see an Austrian civ and another Greek guy but I don't know about their histories.

There is an Austrian civ. Search the New Civilizations forum. CIV Gold also has Austria with Maria Teresa and Franz Joseph as leaders.

Hadrean
Aug 02, 2006, 02:13 PM
I want an Iran Civ with a 3D Ahmadinejad leaderhead

Leif
Aug 02, 2006, 03:40 PM
Don't forget about Lenin and Trotsky,
Maybe Franco and Mussolini

SawHerStanding1
Aug 04, 2006, 02:32 PM
Can anybody tell me where to download the welsh civ? whoever had it hosted before had their account canceled, so is there an alternate site? If not, could somebody do another Welsh update? Thanks a lot.

von Tirpitz
Aug 05, 2006, 02:24 PM
I really wonder nobody asked for an armenian civ before. It's such an old cultural civilization (although mostly forgotten) that I would really apppreciate to play a game with them. C'mon, there must be at least some "spiurka hay" here who can help out ;)

roflz
Aug 05, 2006, 07:17 PM
can we get brazil civilization for warlords plz

infiniti
Aug 09, 2006, 10:00 AM
And how about a Transylvannian Empire with either Vlad the Impaler and/or Count Dracula as leader(s)?

Drtad
Aug 09, 2006, 01:45 PM
Von Turpitz: You found your spuirka hay. I made an Armenian Empire for Warlords here is the thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=180994

Aranor
Aug 11, 2006, 09:13 PM
And how about a Transylvannian Empire with either Vlad the Impaler and/or Count Dracula as leader(s)?

Vlad the Impaler and Count Dracula are both one and the same person. Vlad Tepis's real name was Vlad Dracula ( which means "son of the Dragon" in Romanian) And while he was born in Transyvania he never spent any time there and was actually the ruler of Wallachia form his castle in Brasov.

IvALBe
Aug 12, 2006, 09:50 AM
I really would like to play as Chile! Could someone please make that civilization?

On Warlords!

Mozza
Aug 15, 2006, 04:25 AM
Vlad the Impaler and Count Dracula are both one and the same person. Vlad Tepis's real name was Vlad Dracula ( which means "son of the Dragon" in Romanian) And while he was born in Transyvania he never spent any time there and was actually the ruler of Wallachia form his castle in Brasov.

Further to the discussion earlier in this thread about Dracula's traits. Now that Protective is available I think he should have that as a must. He was very keen on defence, and was particularly fond of the Wallachian mountains as they were very easily denfendable. I still stick to my guns that his second trait should be Spiritual. Despite his reputation he was, by all primary accounts, devotely religious, and gave much of the loot from his battles to his favourite monastaries. He requested specifically that he be buried in his favourite, the Monastary at Lake Snagov (which incidentally is high in the mountains at a very definsible poin). When his grave was excavated, it was found empty...

Los Tirano
Aug 15, 2006, 04:56 AM
What Mozza says matches what ive heard. But in view of his curbing of corruption (and the nobility :lol: ) i would say that he deserves the organised trait. Though he certainly brought about a decline in corruption and thus maintenance through unorthodox means.

gidds
Aug 16, 2006, 02:07 AM
Hello ya'll...Can someone please make the Holland civ available for the MAC!! It doesnt work with the excisting one and to be honest, playing with other ones makes me sad..hehehehe

:D

Aranor
Aug 16, 2006, 02:24 AM
Further to the discussion earlier in this thread about Dracula's traits. Now that Protective is available I think he should have that as a must. He was very keen on defence, and was particularly fond of the Wallachian mountains as they were very easily denfendable. I still stick to my guns that his second trait should be Spiritual. Despite his reputation he was, by all primary accounts, devotely religious, and gave much of the loot from his battles to his favourite monastaries. He requested specifically that he be buried in his favourite, the Monastary at Lake Snagov (which incidentally is high in the mountains at a very definsible poin). When his grave was excavated, it was found empty...

Hmmm well I have not been paying any particular attention to this thread so I cannot comment on what has been said previously (i'm too lazy to read previous posts:p ) But I am currently testing some thing for The Lopez but when Im done with that I have plans for adding to my romanian civ. I was thinking a new leader and a "mini edu mod" in that I will create some flavor units for the civ, it really burns me that I cant have Falxmen instead of Axemen. Im trying to create them in my spare time ( what little I have atm) but I am very inexperienced in 3d modeling and the nif editor so it could be a while. I will also update to Warlords when I get around to buying it.

Besides Vlad Tepis would there be any other leaders people would like to see at the head of a Romanian civ??

Mozza
Aug 16, 2006, 05:13 AM
What Mozza says matches what ive heard. But in view of his curbing of corruption (and the nobility :lol: ) i would say that he deserves the organised trait. Though he certainly brought about a decline in corruption and thus maintenance through unorthodox means.

I'm not certain of facts, but I have read that all the accounts of him killing his own people came from Transylvanian sources, and they really didn't like him. There's a theory that a lot of his reputation is down to bad PR and the main evidence for this is that he is very fondly thought of in Wallachia, with no primary evidence of anything other than his bloodythirsty ruthlessness IN BATTLE. It maybe that he was an early psychologist and was happy to have such a fearsome reputation for the edge it would give him over the Ottomans.

maiko
Aug 16, 2006, 11:37 AM
I'd like to request: Estonians, Livs, Latvians, Vadja people

Altantis24
Aug 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
Is there anyone who is either interested in making three animated leaderheads for me, or is there anyone who has a good tutorial that i could use, If there is anyone one interested just reply back that you are and i will post some pics.

thanxs

Wyz_sub10
Aug 17, 2006, 03:02 AM
Is there anyone who is either interested in making three animated leaderheads for me, or is there anyone who has a good tutorial that i could use, If there is anyone one interested just reply back that you are and i will post some pics.

thanxs

Which leaders?

Altantis24
Aug 17, 2006, 11:56 AM
Colonel John Sheppard from Stargate Atlantis, and if it's possible to have his actions be like bismark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flanigan

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/220_01.jpg

http://www.greenville.k12.sc.us/bridgehs/teacher/rotc/afrotcclassAM.jpg use a normal airforce uniform as well as a normal airforce hat cop style

and Reed Richards from the fantastic four

http://i.tvspielfilm.de/img/gen/S/G/HBSGAtpaylL_Pxgen_r_200x300.jpg - face shot

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/fantastic_four/ioan_gruffudd/fantastic2.jpg

if you can make these look cartoonish (like the ones in the game please do if not don't worry about it)

ParkCungHee
Aug 17, 2006, 09:41 PM
Could someone make Park Chung-Hee as a leader for Korea.
http://theseoultimes.com/ST/db2/images/1385-20050108105446.jpg
http://www.macoree.com/images/Parkchunghee.gif
http://countrystudies.us/south-korea/Park-Chung-Hee.jpg
Industrious Financial
Favored Civic: Nationhood
:D

Bucktiar
Aug 17, 2006, 10:22 PM
How about a Kurdish Civilization and the leader being Mustafa Barzani?:)

Aggresive Organized

Favored civic universal suffrage

Unique unit could be Peshmerga and that could be a marine modded up a bit with baggy pants and more of a tannish tint

Einshev
Aug 18, 2006, 08:07 AM
What about the phoenician civ? They were as important as Carthage. They even had the alphabet... I don't know about leaders but it would be a good civ to create.

Chamaedrys
Aug 18, 2006, 08:26 AM
What about the phoenician civ? They were as important as Carthage. They even had the alphabet... I don't know about leaders but it would be a good civ to create.

Charthage was founded by Phoenicians, so they have a similar culture. ;)

Altantis24
Aug 21, 2006, 02:15 PM
Colonel John Sheppard from Stargate Atlantis, and if it's possible to have his actions be like bismark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flanigan

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/220_01.jpg

http://www.greenville.k12.sc.us/bridgehs/teacher/rotc/afrotcclassAM.jpg use a normal airforce uniform as well as a normal airforce hat cop style

and Reed Richards from the fantastic four

http://i.tvspielfilm.de/img/gen/S/G/HBSGAtpaylL_Pxgen_r_200x300.jpg - face shot

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/fantastic_four/ioan_gruffudd/fantastic2.jpg

if you can make these look cartoonish (like the ones in the game please do if not don't worry about it)

Wyz_sub10 so does this mean you'll make them

Wyz_sub10
Aug 21, 2006, 03:41 PM
Wyz_sub10 so does this mean you'll make them

Hey there,

Sorry - I've been busy beyond belief. I'm not the expert LH maker - Sevo and Amra are the guys for that. But let me see if I can take a crack at one of them. These are re-skins, so they won't look too different. See what I can do.

Altantis24
Aug 21, 2006, 03:43 PM
ok thanks alot

Ribannah
Aug 22, 2006, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see civs for Venice and for the Knights Templar. :)

Luso
Aug 23, 2006, 04:43 PM
How about a Civilization game with all the nations that we have in our days in a world map like google earth,and the respective nation in the right place on that map??

It could be awsome!!

Wyz_sub10
Aug 24, 2006, 01:07 AM
How about a Civilization game with all the nations that we have in our days in a world map like google earth,and the respective nation in the right place on that map??

It could be awsome!!

Too much. For one, fitting them on a map would be near impossible. But moreso, the loading time for 200+ civs would be prohibitive.

I agree, though. It would be awesome.

Osymandias
Aug 24, 2006, 04:00 AM

It could be awsome!!
get superpower 2 :)

I'd like to see civs for Venice...
oh yeah. i think venice would be a great idea!

Mozza
Aug 24, 2006, 06:02 AM
oh yeah. i think venice would be a great idea!

Would have a rather limited City List

Luso
Aug 24, 2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah but maybe we will play Civilization in that conditions and more realistic in 2030 or even in a few years.

Ribannah
Aug 24, 2006, 06:30 PM
Venice ruled a good-sized empire in its time. A city list shouldn't be a problem.

Magnus_wpg
Aug 27, 2006, 02:31 PM
Could someone put together a Wallachia civ with Vlad Dracul (Vlad the Impaler) as the leaderhead? Also for the unique unit, I think that something to do with the conscripts that he had raised for war with the ottomans, that would consist of both men and women. Perhaps some cheap cost and stats that are similar to a guerrila's only scaled back to the 1400's. He did use a lot of gunpowder weapons though. Also, if it's possible to make a unique building, The Stake Yards or something like that with a couple people impaled on long stakes and have it give the city a defence bonus, on the basis that it would strike the enemy with fear making them less organized. As for Vlad's traits, I would think Aggressive and either Organized, Industrious, or Financial. Personally I think organized would be the best choice. Finally for the flag, this was the Dracul family insignia: Dracul Family Symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dragon_order_insignia.jpg)

Wyz_sub10
Aug 28, 2006, 12:49 AM
Could someone put together a Wallachia civ with Vlad Dracul (Vlad the Impaler) as the leaderhead?[/URL]

There is a Romanian civ in CIV Gold 2, as you may know. I believe TheLopez's upcoming "Great Options Mod", which uses CIV Gold 2, has Vlad as a 2nd leader for Romania. It's not exactly what you are looking for, but it's something.

Italicus
Aug 28, 2006, 08:40 AM
I requied United Nation, :p
thanks

1975wely
Aug 29, 2006, 04:54 PM
If you want to make a new civilization request, please post it in this thread. You can also post request in the main Civ4 Creation forum.

Hopefully this will reduce the number of wrong threads posted in here...

Thanks.
Would it possible for me to have someone make a new civilization.1975wely

Mozza
Aug 30, 2006, 05:24 AM
Could someone put together a Wallachia civ with Vlad Dracul (Vlad the Impaler) as the leaderhead? Also for the unique unit, I think that something to do with the conscripts that he had raised for war with the ottomans, that would consist of both men and women. Perhaps some cheap cost and stats that are similar to a guerrila's only scaled back to the 1400's. He did use a lot of gunpowder weapons though. Also, if it's possible to make a unique building, The Stake Yards or something like that with a couple people impaled on long stakes and have it give the city a defence bonus, on the basis that it would strike the enemy with fear making them less organized. As for Vlad's traits, I would think Aggressive and either Organized, Industrious, or Financial. Personally I think organized would be the best choice. Finally for the flag, this was the Dracul family insignia: Dracul Family Symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dragon_order_insignia.jpg)

I am working on Romania, with Vlad Dracula (Vlad Dracul was the Impaler's father, Vlad Dracula was the Impaler). As a Unique unit I intended to use Knights Of The Order Of The Dragon Of St George, they were not limited to Romania, but culturally they are linked. As the Flag I'm using the Romanian coat of arms, the Knights Of The Order Of The Dragon have the symbol you posted on their sheild. I was thinking of making them knights, standard stats, but able to get defensive bonusus and maybe having guerilla or forrester upgrades. Unique Building, a Romanian Castle, better defensive modifier than a standard castle.

Wyz_sub10
Aug 30, 2006, 01:11 PM
Would it possible for me to have someone make a new civilization.1975wely

What civ are you looking for?

Altantis24
Aug 30, 2006, 06:54 PM
hey Wyz_sub10 i talked to both sevo and arma and they are both too busy so i you want to try u can if not i might need to make them, so if you have any suggesion please reply or pm me.

Wyz_sub10
Aug 31, 2006, 12:26 AM
hey Wyz_sub10 i talked to both sevo and arma and they are both too busy so i you want to try u can if not i might need to make them, so if you have any suggesion please reply or pm me.

Hey there. Okay - I'll send you a PM tomorrow (Thursday) to chat about it. But I'm in meetings pretty much all day, so I'm not sure exactly when I can get to you. I *will* contact you tomorrow at some point, though.

Emperor Cris
Aug 31, 2006, 07:17 AM
Hi. Excuse me for my english, I'm Italian.:D
I want play in Warlords with Italian Empire, can you realize it?
Italian Empire:
- start technologies: fishing and agricolture
- leader 1 : De Medicis Lorence ( aggressive and creative)
- leader 2 : Victor Emanuel (carismatic and organizzed)
- UU: "bersagliere"(infantry): strenght:20
movement:2
special abilities: as infantry
+10% with cities
- UB: "pendent tower"(market):as market
+10% great personality's natality rate
it can change 1 citizen in artist
- flag: today's colours Italy's flag
- colour: light red

Thank you.

Emperor Cris
Aug 31, 2006, 07:28 AM
For the new civilizations (Italian Empire), the cities are:
Roma
Milano
Torino
Napoli
Firenze
Genova
Palermo
Bologna
Venezia
Bari
and others

Italicus
Aug 31, 2006, 07:55 AM
Sorry I use Italian language.

@Emperor cris
sono italiano, come te.
Premesso che inserire "l'impero italiano" accanto a quello romano mi sembra tautologicamente sbagliato... Puoi trovare tutte le città, con le traduzioni, nel mio mod, dove l'impero romano è sostituito dall'Italia.

Emperor Cris
Sep 01, 2006, 11:28 AM
Thank you, Italicus.

Italicus
Sep 01, 2006, 01:36 PM
Someone it able make the images in *.dds of Kofi Annan and of the flag NU?

Spiritclaw
Sep 01, 2006, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure if anybody has suggested something like this previously, but I'd be sort of interested in seeing a civ based off of Cobra from the GI Joe toys/cartoon.

Templestowe
Sep 01, 2006, 07:08 PM
This is my first ever post, and i hope you like my idea!

For the Scythians-

Leader-Atheas

Religion-Paganism

Expansionistic, Militaristic

Special Unit-Sagaris Horseman

Cities-
Neapolis
Taniis
Gelonus
Hyrcania

Those are all I could find

Oh crap goota go but more ideas are welcome!

Wyz_sub10
Sep 02, 2006, 02:48 PM
This is my first ever post, and i hope you like my idea!

For the Scythians-

Leader-Atheas

Religion-Paganism

Expansionistic, Militaristic

Special Unit-Sagaris Horseman

Cities-
Neapolis
Taniis
Gelonus
Hyrcania

Those are all I could find

Oh crap goota go but more ideas are welcome!

Scythia with Atheas already exists. It is par of Amra's LH Pack and will be part of CIV Gold 3.

ParkCungHee
Sep 02, 2006, 04:15 PM
Has anyone ever done the Manchus?

Ragabash
Sep 11, 2006, 08:49 AM
UB and UU might be a bit unblanaced, but they can be used as a refrence.

The Republic of Venice.

Flag:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Most_serene_republic_flag.gif

Leader: Doge of Venice, Leonardo Loredano (Industrious,Financial)
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/c/c7/250px-Leonardo_Loredano.jpg

Unit: Galleass (replaces galley)
http://www.uh.edu/engines/galleas.jpg
Strenght:3, Move:4, Cost 65, Cargo:3, Cannot enter ocean
+25% Attack

Building: Venetian harbour(replaces harbour)
http://www.jigboxx.com/jps/ag/ag05104.jpg
+25% Gold Production
+50% Trade Routes
Free Navigation I Promotion
Requires Compass

Favourite Civic: Free Market

Cities: Will Update soon if anyone is interested in creating this

Conqueror Worm
Sep 14, 2006, 10:56 AM
i cant find a civ with industrious and philosophical traits. is this combination not possible? i think this combo with mysticism and masonary or the wheel could be very powerful as a wonder building civ for a builder type player. it could just be a second option for rome or greece. could anyone work on something like this for version 1.61.

Wyz_sub10
Sep 14, 2006, 04:35 PM
i cant find a civ with industrious and philosophical traits. is this combination not possible? i think this combo with mysticism and masonary or the wheel could be very powerful as a wonder building civ for a builder type player.

That's why it's not available. :) There is purposely no IND/PHI combination because the result is too unbalancing.

keldath
Sep 14, 2006, 06:07 PM
hi all

i want to have the honns!!! leaded by attillah the hon!!!

the barberic tride risen to power from the belly of africa and crushed the roman empire to shredes (i think)

Edgecrusher
Sep 14, 2006, 06:42 PM
I think someone created the "honn"s a week ago.

Fish 666666
Sep 20, 2006, 06:25 PM
Why not a future civ

Maria Theresia
Sep 22, 2006, 04:57 AM
Request for Civ:
Albania
Leaders: Skanderbeg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skanderbeg) (aggressive, expansive), Ahmet Zogu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zog_of_Albania) (industrious, organized), Enver Hoxha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enver_Hoxha) (organized, expansive)
Starting Techs: Fishing, Hunting
For a special unit I have unfortunately no idea.

City names:
Tirana
Durres
Elbasan
Vlora
Shkoder
Fier
Korca
Berat
Lushnja
Kavaje
Pogradec
Lac
Gjirokaster
Patos
Kruja
Lezha
Kucova
Kukes
Burrel
Sarande
Peshkopi
Cerrik
Shijak
Corovoda
Librazhd
Tepelene
Gramsh
Bulqize
Kamza
Permet
Polican
Ballsh

Request for leaders:
Persia: Timur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timur) (spiritual, philosophical)
Greece: Perikles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perikles) (philosophical, creative)
Japan: Meiji Mutsuhito (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Meiji) (creative, financial)
Egypt: Echnaton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echnaton) (spiritual, financial)

Maria Theresia
Sep 22, 2006, 10:02 AM
Excuse me for my double posting, but I thought of a Civ, which was not posted in here.

Civilization: Hanseatic League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanse)
Noun: The Hanse
Adjective: Hanseatic
Colour: Light Red or Lavender
Starts with: The Wheel and Agriculture
Flag/Symbol:
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3746/hansayy1.gif
Leaders: Johann Wittenborg (organized, financial), Hildebrand Veckinchusen (industrious, financial) Unfortunately there are no pictures - so you need to be creative.
Unique Unit:
Hanseatic Cog - Replaces Fregate
Cost: 90 production points
Strength: 9
Movement: 5
Special Ability: Can bombard city defenses (-10/turn)

City names:
Listed here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanse#Members_of_the_Hanseatic_League) (includes mostly German, English and some French cities)

Anthraxus899
Sep 23, 2006, 09:14 PM
Mordova
Leader: Mihai Eminescu(Creative, Philosophical)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ae/Dimitrie_cantemir.jpg/180px-Dimitrie_cantemir.jpg
Flag:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Flag_of_Moldova.svg/125px-
Starting Techs: Fishing, Mysticism
Religion: Christianity

City names:
Chişinău
Tiraspol
Tighina
Bălţi
Cahul
Soroca
Orhei

Drtad
Sep 23, 2006, 09:32 PM
Maria Theresia, the ancient version of Albania, Illyria, with Teuta as leader is included in my first peoples mod right below this thread. If you want one with Skanderbeg, there is an Albania for 1.61 by Shqype, and it is included in Civgold, with a 3d animated leaderhead.

Maria Theresia
Sep 24, 2006, 03:04 AM
I've seen this already, I was a bit blind. Thank you.

Los Tirano
Sep 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
I propose the moors be created who formerly held al-andalus. Been reading a bit of their history and it certainly is interesting. Threatened Europe for a time, the 'Spanish' drove them out in the Reconquista. Tariq ibn Ziyad the Moor who brought most of the Iberian peninsula under Moorish Islamic rule and established the Moorish kingdom would be a good choice for a leader.

UU would be a moor footsoldier (like below, so an unmounted immortal) and a special galley to represent the African corsairs, or a caravel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors

Wyz_sub10
Sep 27, 2006, 12:21 AM
I propose the moors be created who formerly held al-andalus. Been reading a bit of their history and it certainly is interesting. Threatened Europe for a time, the 'Spanish' drove them out in the Reconquista. Tariq ibn Ziyad the Moor who brought most of the Iberian peninsula under Moorish Islamic rule and established the Moorish kingdom would be a good choice for a leader.

UU would be a moor footsoldier (like below, so an unmounted immortal) and a special galley to represent the African corsairs, or a caravel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors

CIV Gold 3 has the Maghreb as a new civ. The Maghreb represent North Africa and are primarily Arab + Berber peoples, which is the Moorish culture. In the CIV Gold Maghreb civ, Hassan II os the leader and the Moorish Cavalry is the UU.

MartinhoMukanga
Sep 28, 2006, 02:06 PM
i created the huns check my sig

Swedishguy
Oct 01, 2006, 10:01 AM
Instead of referring all scandinavian lands as one nation, we could split it up into Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 02, 2006, 09:34 AM
Instead of referring all scandinavian lands as one nation, we could split it up into Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Separate mods already exist for Sweden, Finland and Norway. Sweden and Finland are both in CIV Gold.

Swedishguy
Oct 02, 2006, 12:09 PM
Cheeses, Who keep producing all these mods? And I think CivI is way to old for me to play.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 02, 2006, 01:33 PM
Cheeses, Who keep producing all these mods? And I think CivI is way to old for me to play.

CivI?

By CIV Gold I mean the mod called "CIV Gold" for Civilization IV (check my sig).

Swedishguy
Oct 03, 2006, 12:25 PM
Aha! I haven't played CivI so thought you referred to an expansion or something.

ffifield
Oct 04, 2006, 01:16 PM
Hi.

I would like to see Civs for Warlords that use the combinations of traits that were left out. There's quite a few of them. Some used to be available in vanilla civ (like Catherine with Financial and Creative) but are no longer available in Warlords.

Thank you!

strategyonly
Oct 06, 2006, 05:08 AM
Any great Japanese unit/civs from the 1500-1600 era would be nice.

Swedishguy
Oct 06, 2006, 08:16 AM
We're talking civilisations here!

Wyz_sub10
Oct 07, 2006, 08:12 PM
Any great Japanese unit/civs from the 1500-1600 era would be nice.

I was thinking of adding the Jomon culture, but it may be a bit too ancient for civ, and info is hard to come by.

strategyonly
Oct 08, 2006, 02:17 AM
I was thinking of adding the Jomon culture, but it may be a bit too ancient for civ, and info is hard to come by.

Not quite close to 1560 (Jomon Culture (ca. 10,500-ca. 300 B.C.) but never know they might look good, :p i put pics up in the graphics area of mine, thx.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 08, 2006, 03:00 AM
Not quite close to 1560 (Jomon Culture (ca. 10,500-ca. 300 B.C.) but never know they might look good, :p i put pics up in the graphics area of mine, thx.

No, I realize that. That's why I said they may be too ancient for the game, even though they're an interesting culture from the region. 1560 isn't too far off the basis of the current Japan civ. If you want something significantly different in the region, you'd either need to distinguish between shogunate Japan and modern Japan, or go much further back (Yamato, maybe).

strategyonly
Oct 08, 2006, 03:38 AM
No, I realize that. That's why I said they may be too ancient for the game, even though they're an interesting culture from the region. 1560 isn't too far off the basis of the current Japan civ. If you want something significantly different in the region, you'd either need to distinguish between shogunate Japan and modern Japan, or go much further back (Yamato, maybe).

Well right now, i will almost take anything, LOL i just want to get a good version of my SHOGUN Scenario/mod going is all. Have the very basics right now.

post # 361: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157708&page=19

Swedishguy
Oct 08, 2006, 06:20 AM
Has anyone said anything about Easter-island? It would be cool.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 08, 2006, 01:48 PM
Has anyone said anything about Easter-island? It would be cool.

Easter Islanders are part of my Polynesian civ. There are represented by two cities there. It might be hard to get enough to flesh out an entire civ.

Turin Civ-User
Oct 08, 2006, 02:27 PM
Any Italy or Piedmont civs NOT-WARLORDS compatibles with Mac?

LoneSnakeX
Oct 08, 2006, 06:01 PM
I dont have any knowledge in creating mods but it would be awesome if somebody could create the Azerbaijani Civilization for me and my friends, my girlfriend is Azerbaijani and I recently visited the country so thats why. Anyways the Azerbaijani leaders should be as following:
Javanshir
Babek Khorram Din
Mammed Amin Rasulzade
Heydar Aliyev
I would love to see the real Azerbaijani flag being used in the mod.

Swedishguy
Oct 09, 2006, 06:39 AM
Easter Islanders are part of my Polynesian civ. There are represented by two cities there. It might be hard to get enough to flesh out an entire civ.
Good of you thinking of that!:)

Minci
Oct 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
Nation:
Turks (Not Ottomans)
Leader:
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (He was the leader of Turkey but he is the greatest Turk in the history. If you like he was a Ottoman Lt. Colonel who fought in WW1. If you think he is opposite to Ottoman Empire, take Peter and Stalin. They are theirs opposites too)

Wyz_sub10
Oct 10, 2006, 02:31 PM
Nation:
Turks (Not Ottomans)
Leader:
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (He was the leader of Turkey but he is the greatest Turk in the history. If you like he was a Ottoman Lt. Colonel who fought in WW1. If you think he is opposite to Ottoman Empire, take Peter and Stalin. They are theirs opposites too)

A Turkish civ with Ataturk already exists. It exists as a standalone and is available in CIV Gold - vanilla.

primoz
Oct 11, 2006, 06:53 AM
Will someone please make a mod for Slovenia

LoneSnakeX
Oct 11, 2006, 09:16 AM
Could somebody please create a mod for Azerbaijan for me and my friends, my girlfriend is from Azerbaijani origin and she plays this game to. The Azerbaijani leaders should be as following:
Javanshir
Babek Khorram Din
Mammed Amin Rasulzade
Heydar Aliyev

Anthraxus899
Oct 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hi, I would like to see Venezuela added as a civilization. UU should be the Dassault Mirage III, which would be a variation of the jet fighter, with a lower cost. Leader should be Hugo Chávez (organized, Financial).

strategyonly
Oct 12, 2006, 11:20 AM
Japanese Ronin Rebels, around the 1500-1600 era.

Swedishguy
Oct 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
Liechtenstein!

Recommended
Oct 16, 2006, 09:05 AM
Could somebody please create a mod for Azerbaijan for me and my friends, my girlfriend is from Azerbaijani origin and she plays this game to. The Azerbaijani leaders should be as following:
Javanshir
Babek Khorram Din
Mammed Amin Rasulzade
Heydar Aliyev

I founded the Azerbaijani Mod on some other site which was requested there, but there seems to be something wrong with it, you can do about everything only the display of China and Communism doesnt work. Perhaps some other person can fix this.

Recommended
Oct 16, 2006, 09:54 AM
Here is the link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3005

Swedishguy
Oct 16, 2006, 02:02 PM
It's relatively rare with such kindness nowadays! Thanks!

Colonel Treize
Oct 16, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hi, this is my very first post here! I would love to see a Thailand mod for Warlords, similar to the one created for Vanilla Civ4.

Colonel Treize
Oct 16, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'd also like to see a Civ with a leader that is Charismatic and Philosphical.

gamerevil
Oct 17, 2006, 08:11 AM
Could somebody make a female Korean leader playable please? I hate having to play male avatars (I'm korean female ^_^ ).

Wyz_sub10
Oct 17, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hi, this is my very first post here! I would love to see a Thailand mod for Warlords, similar to the one created for Vanilla Civ4.

We're in the process of updating CIV Gold for Warlords, which will include Siam/Thailand.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 17, 2006, 11:20 AM
Could somebody make a female Korean leader playable please? I hate having to play male avatars (I'm korean female ^_^ ).

Any suggestions? If you can provide a name and a link, we might be able to do something.

strategyonly
Oct 18, 2006, 07:18 AM
Aah, come-on guys, a person that is a first poster gets a request to be made right away, and a person thats been here along time, gets nothing?? Not even a cant do it right now but later?? HUH.

aman2192
Oct 18, 2006, 12:17 PM
Could someone make please make the following civs for warlords.

Prussia with one of the leaders as Frederick William III
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussia

Denmark with one of the leaders as Frederick VI
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark

Austria with one of the leaders as Francis II
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria

Mexico with one of the leaders as Guadalupe Victoria
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

Sweden with one of the leaders as Charles XIII
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden

Portugal with one of the leaders as Mary I
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal

Kingdom of Naples with one of the leaders as Joachim I
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_naples

I know this is a large order but I am making a 1812 Mod and I need those civs. Also if someone could make the UU have to do with the early 1800's.
Thankyou

Swedishguy
Oct 18, 2006, 12:23 PM
Charles XIII? Don't you think Gustav Vasa or Olof Palme would fit better?

aman2192
Oct 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
Charles XIII? Don't you think Gustav Vasa or Olof Palme would fit better?

Charles XIII was king of sweden during 1812 thats why I requested him.

Swedishguy
Oct 18, 2006, 12:42 PM
Some all-seeing modder hear my pray...

MartinhoMukanga
Oct 18, 2006, 01:13 PM
I can change civarmy's Portugal mod to have Mary I as leader but i dont have any idea for a UU of 1812

griff09
Oct 18, 2006, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know if there's a MOD for Mexico? If not, how does one go about creating a CIV, because I'd like one.

aman2192
Oct 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
I can change civarmy's Portugal mod to have Mary I as leader but i dont have any idea for a UU of 1812

That'd be fantastic!!!

aman2192
Oct 18, 2006, 02:06 PM
Requested another civ in my original post.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 18, 2006, 03:31 PM
Could someone make please make the following civs for warlords.

Prussia with one of the leaders as Frederick William III
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussia

Denmark with one of the leaders as Frederick VI
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark

Austria with one of the leaders as Francis II
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria

Mexico with one of the leaders as Miguel Hidalgo
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

Sweden with one of the leaders as Charles XIII
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden

Portugal with one of the leaders as Mary I
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal

Kingdom of Naples with one of the leaders as Joachim I
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_naples

I know this is a large order but I am making a 1812 Mod and I need those civs. Also if someone could make the UU have to do with the early 1800's.
Thankyou

Austria, Sweden and Portugal are all in CIV Gold. You can extract these and change the leaderheads the save you some time.

Swedishguy
Oct 18, 2006, 03:50 PM
Oh yes. I belive you mentioned it in a recent thread. Thanks for helping out!

aman2192
Oct 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Austria, Sweden and Portugal are all in CIV Gold. You can extract these and change the leaderheads the save you some time.

Does it work on warlords?

Yanez
Oct 19, 2006, 02:13 PM
Make a Chilean Civ, theres must be at least a dozen Chileans here.

Wyz_sub10
Oct 20, 2006, 11:30 AM
Does it work on warlords?

It will in about 3 days. None of CivArmy's mods are Warlords compatible.

davbenbak
Oct 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
How about a Euro leader mod combining the existing ones out there to include Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Scotland, Ireland, The Netherlands and maybe even change Rome to Italy. Something with a more Napoleonic Era flavor. If something along this line has already be posted sorry but I didn't have time to read all 13 pages on this thread

Bob III
Oct 27, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'd really love if someone out there would make a Vatican Civ. Have like Pope John Paul II as a leader, Swiss Guards as the special units, and have a cross on the little banner. The only problem would be cities. Of course there would be Vatican City, but after that there isn't anything else. I suppose you could use cities that are holy sites, like Lourds France, etc. or even something like Holy Madrid, Holy Paris, etc.

Anthraxus899
Oct 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
Any chance of someone adding Belgium as a civ? It seems we have almost every other European country in the game.