View Full Version : Razing

RedRalph
Aug 08, 2007, 05:27 AM
With the guerillas that appear, its usually a bad idea to do it now I find. They can really slow down the momentum of an attack, sure, they dont do any real serious damage but taking care of them can be a major headache. Just like in real life. Any thoughts?

Littlelisa
Aug 08, 2007, 06:26 AM
I raze cities in poor locations, i dont wont to pay and maintain 2 tundra cities i just conquered, so i raze them :)

Though Razing cities should give you a 50 turn -1 relation penalty to friends of the civ '-1 You razed our Friends city' or something like that.

Though i guess it could work both ways, '+1 You razed our hated enemies city'

joasoze
Aug 08, 2007, 07:16 AM
In BTS I have really started to appriciate experience. Having a groupt of elite soldiers mixed with rookies can be very valuable. Therefore I like the exp that barbarians and guerillas give.

Kark
Aug 08, 2007, 07:30 AM
Am I missing something? In BtS, do guerillas appear when you raze a city? I have not experienced that. Maybe in the late game?

PurpleTurtle
Aug 08, 2007, 07:32 AM
Ya gotta raze. If you are playing on any kind of moderately large map, and you want to win through domination or conquest, you are going to *have* to raze some cities. I don't particularly mind the addition of a few more enemy units to kill, it rarely changes the balance of power enough to matter, and it does make some sense.