View Full Version : Niklas°cubsfan6506 v Whomp°Beorn-eL-Feared GPS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Elephantium
Sep 20, 2008, 08:40 AM
Getting sick of Beorn's ambiguous battle logs, Gen. W?

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 20, 2008, 09:50 AM
How is it ambiguous? I've done it all game like this, I just made a mistake once ...

General_W
Sep 20, 2008, 10:35 AM
I was just hoping that after this exchange…
Before I go completely crazy here - can you clarify if that "teal" musket you killed is mine - or if it belong to Niklas?

I actually don't remember that, …

If you use Blue for me, and Green for Niklas it'll be easier to read your battle logs.
"teal" is kind of an in-between color. :lol:

… maybe you’d switch to blue.

But that said – I guess I kinda forgot you’ve always been using teal. I’m just so used to using blue for myself. Before now, it’s been more obvious who you were attacking – but now with so many of our forces in eachother’s territories – and your great “infinite moves” army running around – it’s been taxing my already limited ability to see more than the primary colors.

I’d still appreciate it if you’d switch to blue for me – so I don’t have to hit the “quote” button to find out what color that is.

But I’m sure I can live with teal.

Niklas
Sep 21, 2008, 10:45 AM
:bump: Beorn?

Figured I'd relieve General_W of his bumping duties for a short while. ;)

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 22, 2008, 07:50 AM
Busy week-end. Tonight should be ok.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 22, 2008, 10:08 PM
GPS Whomper

Whomp
Sep 23, 2008, 05:23 PM
In the Big Sea:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Aztec frigate covering 3/3 caravel --> 2/4
Inner Sea:
3/3 pirate sinks 3/3 Sumerian caravel -->pirate 1/3

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Sep 24, 2008, 05:54 AM
GPS to General_W.

I had no wounded Frigates, nor any that covered any Caravels, so I assume you meant Sumerian there too. :hmm:

General_W
Sep 24, 2008, 10:48 AM
Turn 190 – GPS to Beorn

Battle Log:
3/4 Frigate vs. 2/4 Frigate = 3/4 Frigate

Ok – and I'll admit your attacks with your cavalry army has driven me nearly insane…
Well… maybe not "nearly" anymore :lol:

I just could NOT figure out how you were doing this – so I went ahead and threw 80 shields down the toilet.
I'm hoping this has earned me the answer to at least one question…

In view of this:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/GeneralW/190-ArmyMystery.jpg

How in the world can a 4 move army do what you did last turn, and attack my Barricade, then fall back out of my range?

If KillerCane has changed how armies work in this game, I hope that, if nothing else, my waste of a cavalry unit has earned me the right to know that?

If your army only has 4 moves (like the game is telling me it does) – and you're doing something else profoundly clever that I'm too dense to figure out, so be it.
But if this game is working differently, and the unit stats are displaying wrong – then I think we should know that.

What's the scoop?

Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 24, 2008, 04:04 PM
Nothing is wrong with the game, at all. Armies have 4 moves, and while 4 roads count for one move, nothing else changed about the behavior of unit movement. Here the 4th roaded tile move is irrelevant anyways since there is only 2 continuous roaded tiles, so it's got nothing to do with roads.

80 shields is worth a good hint though.

Hint: Think worker turns in PBEM vs in regular civ.

General_W
Sep 24, 2008, 04:16 PM
ok - how this works was just explained to me in our spoiler thread.

You don't view getting a double move out of an army, thanks to a C3C PBEM oddity, as exploitative?

I've got to say, I find this very disappointing. :sad:

Whomp
Sep 24, 2008, 04:17 PM
I may be wrong and it was a long time ago but I thought double moves were agreed to.

General_W
Sep 24, 2008, 04:30 PM
Not that I'm aware of. I went back and re-read the start of this thread (since I joined this game late) - and there's no talk of rules at all... that I could find anyway.

I do know that double-moves using the Go-To command are banned in the MTDG ruleset.
(So is breaking into the build que I suppose - but Niklas asked before attempting that... )

Not to mention, I'm just a little floored that someone could seriously propose that moving 8 tiles with a 4 move unit, due to the odd way PBEM is handled, fits within the context of a friendly PBEM game.

But maybe I'm operating under a false definition of "friendly game" :dunno:

Niklas
Sep 24, 2008, 04:40 PM
We definitely did not discuss that since I had no way it worked until someone explained it in our spoiler thread a while back (this is my first ever multiplayer game). And at that point I noted that I didn't want to use it since it was exploitish. On the other had we didn't discuss anything at all, so I guess you could say that anything goes.

But I have to admit I too have a very hard time seeing how double the intended movement of a unit is not an exploit. And as such, I would propose we disallow it from this point on.

Whomp
Sep 24, 2008, 04:44 PM
Like I said I can't remember and didn't look through the thread. Since Killercane made the map I'd suggest he makes the call. I'll pm him.

General_W
Sep 24, 2008, 04:54 PM
Whatever gets decided - either A) no holds bared, if the game will let you do it, go for it -or- B) we're going to try to keep some sense of the spirit of the game...

I don't suppose you gentlemen would consider pretending that my Cavalry made use of the double-move exploit and isn't really still sitting there out in the open? :mischief:
You know... as a show of sportsmanship? :D

Whomp
Sep 24, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'd say our commander would tell your cavalry "nuts" and send it back to the other side with the message.

killercane
Sep 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
Ok I got Whomp's pm. General W accused me up and down of fouling something up with the map and leading to a decided advantage for the Bears :spank:. So I am glad to see that is not the case but not glad to see that this tactic is being used, albeit cleverly. If I am the arbiter here, I rule against the Bears, and here is why:

1. Using such a tactic for a decided advantage is banned in the MTDG.
2. Using such a tactic is banned at CDZ, where you both contribute.
3. A lot of seasoned pbemers at CFC dislike/ban the tactic, even if there is NOT a decided tactical advantage like there is here.
4. Both B and Whomp have played many more pbems than Niklas and GW, and knew or should have known that they were being shady.

So work out a punishment amongst yourselves if you want this to be some binding arbitration of your dispute :). Or Whomp can ban Beorn, GW, and Niklas forever, and declare himself king of the world.

Niklas
Sep 25, 2008, 05:35 AM
Ok, killercane has spoken, let's consider that settled then. Definitely no punishment necessary, that would only make a bad situation worse. So let's just move along. :)

Marsden
Sep 25, 2008, 05:43 AM
Well, you're not getting any quatloos from me :shake:

General_W
Sep 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
Well - it seems to me that a "fair" punishment might be the disbanding of the army - figuring that I would certainly have counter-attacked against the army if this exploit hadn't doubled it's movement - and would have lost about the same number of shields in that attack as I have lost over the course of this game to that army.

Now, I realize that asking for that is likely to cause a big blow-up, and like Niklas - I'd really rather keep this game friendly.

But should there be no penalty at all?

I guess I still just remain highly... disappointed (best word I've got for it right now)... that this tactic could be looked at as fair play. I mean, reloading is also allowed by C3C, and we have no explicit rule against that. Are we really down to "there's no rule - so I can do it?" :sad:

I'll accept whatever the Bears decide, and we can just move on.
I guess I've learned my lesson about playing PBEM on CFC without a ruleset in place.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
Sorry, victims, but I remember noticing double moves with Jags very early on - whether they were intentionnal or not - and then I figured DM's were allowed. To be honest, I never read the MTDG ruleset and I don't normally use this in PBEM's, but by the first time I had to defend my capital with spears, I had seen a double move and started using it every now and then.

I also remember DM's being used by advancing troops into our territory, back when you went all the way to Whomp's capital.

If end-turn exploits are an issue, then I'd vote for having none of them at all - no big picture screen, no capital zoom for same-turn wonders, no movements that end on the next turn of any shape or form (with the unavoidable exception of worker actions).

General_W
Sep 25, 2008, 03:10 PM
Sorry, victims
No problem, 8-move-army man.

I remember noticing double moves with Jags very early on
Of course, I can't speak for Niklas, so I'll leave that to him.

But I would like to address this:

I also remember DM's being used by advancing troops into our territory, back when you went all the way to Whomp's capital.
So your position is basically this: After using Double-Moves against you, I subsequently forgot about it as I repeatedly (and with increasing frustration) asked about your "magic" tricks with the Army? :dubious:

You're either suggesting that I'm seriously dense, or else lying when I said, "how this works was just explained to me in our spoiler thread." [post #1011 in this thread]

For what it's worth – I very rarely even use the go-to command, since I personally find it frustrating - and I can't think of a single time I've used it in advancing into enemy territory, since I didn't know it would move my units an extra time - I just though it locked me into a move on the next turn, which is obviously a tactically bad idea.

Anyway – I don't even know what you're talking about with the "big picture screen" exploit – and I assume the "capital zoom" exploit is referring to breaking into the build que (?) – but I propose we just adopt the current Civ3 MTDG 2 ruleset for this game from now on.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=196005

We've already discussed striking rule 2.8 "Build Sequence" – which I'm still ok with. But if you want to leave it banned, I've never used this one either and have no strong feelings about it.

Niklas
Sep 25, 2008, 04:32 PM
Sorry, victims, but I remember noticing double moves with Jags very early on - whether they were intentionnal or not - and then I figured DM's were allowed. To be honest, I never read the MTDG ruleset and I don't normally use this in PBEM's, but by the first time I had to defend my capital with spears, I had seen a double move and started using it every now and then.
I have never used a double move with any of my Jags, neither intentionally or unintentionally. I know this for a fact since I a) had no idea the exploit existed, and b) never use goto, unless it finishes in one turn. This is a habit from solo games too, as you never know what the situation is like on the turn after, a purely strategic and micro-manager-obsessive habit. I have every single one of my saves from this game still on my computer, so I can back this up with pictures if you want (though only non-spoiler ones of course). If you could tell me a specific turn or event, it would be easier on me to dig them out, but I suspect you haven't saved them like I have.

But really, I find this discussion more disappointing than the use of the exploit, and I truly wish we had never gone here. We should just accept killercane's arbitration and move on. Trying to figure out what fair compensation is will never truly be fair and will only lead to bad blood, as evidenced.

If end-turn exploits are an issue, then I'd vote for having none of them at all - no big picture screen, no capital zoom for same-turn wonders, no movements that end on the next turn of any shape or form (with the unavoidable exception of worker actions).
If you explain what they are, I can say whether I think they should be allowed or not. If the capitol zoom means breaking into the build queue, we already discussed that and all of us found it alright. If you mean something else, please do tell. I have no idea what exploit the big picture screen refers to. And to movements that end on the next turn, I'm with you on banning them.

donsig
Sep 25, 2008, 05:04 PM
This game has been quite fun to watch, especially during slow times in the MTDG. I hope you four can resolve this issue to general satisfaction. (No pun intended.) I have a suggestion but I have no idea whether it is a good one or not. Have you four considered just allowing the go to exploit from this point on?

General_W
Sep 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
It's possible my frustration has led to an over-reaction on my part.
If I've offended either of you, I apologize.

As I've said previously - I'll accept whatever you Bears decide, and I hope we can just move on with this game.
I still think it's a good idea to agree to some kind of ruleset. Perhaps just the current MTDG one without rule 2.8 as Niklas has suggested.

We's also better clear up the issue of the "big picture screen" ... a quick search of the forums revealed an article by DaveMcW about using the Big-picture screen upon era advancement to buy techs from your rivals and thus ensure you don't get any of those as your free bonus tech. If this is what you're talking about, it's totally irrelevant for our game.... unless you might be interested in selling me some techs when/if you beat us to the Modern age :lol:
So I suspect you're referring to something else? :dunno:

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 25, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well Niklas, I was 99% sure, so if you're 100%, then it was a miscount on my part, back then.
General, when I assume (wrongly or not) that people know/figured something already, I hardly think they're dense.

I'd go with the ruleset and enforce 2.8 and 2.10 henceforth, but scratch out 1.1 - it has not been an issue here anyways, but if we're getting a ruleset, I would like to play by it and I can't get to play within 24hrs every single time these days. Every exploit I mentioned above are covered in 2.8, explicitly or in spirit, so they're out.

Niklas
Sep 26, 2008, 05:54 AM
Alright, I guess that's the simplest way. Obviously several points there are not applicable to our game (e.g. refugees), and I agree that that should include 1.1. We've done well so far, no need to make any rules there.

Whomp
Sep 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
Works for me. Game on.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 28, 2008, 05:55 PM
3 catapults bring 4/4 Cavalry -> 1/4
5/5 eKnight vs 1/4 Cav: 3/5 eKnight
2 rFrigates bomb 2 vFrigates in the big sea: 3/4, 2/4 Frigates

GPS Whomp

Whomp
Sep 28, 2008, 06:36 PM
2 4/4 Frigates go 1 for 2 bombarding 4/4 Aztec Frigate--> 3/4 Aztec Frigate
4/4 Pirate is sunk by 4/4 Sumerian Caravel --> 1/4 Sumerian Caravel

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Sep 29, 2008, 07:31 AM
So much for emissarianship. :rolleyes:

Frigate bombards Iroquois Frigate to 3/4.

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Sep 29, 2008, 12:09 PM
Turn 191 – GPS to Beorn

Battle Log:
4/4 Frigate bombards 5/5 Black Pearl = 4/5 Black Pearl
4/4 Frigate vs. 4/5 Black Pearl = 1/4 Frigate

Thanks for the "blue," Beorn.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Sep 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
GPS Whomper

Whomp
Sep 30, 2008, 09:06 PM
GPS to Niklas. Sox win! Sox win! Sox win! Booyah!

Niklas
Oct 01, 2008, 06:09 PM
3 Frigates bombard a lone Iroquois Galleon from 4/4 to 1/4, and then
4/4 Frigate vs 1/4 Galleon => 4/4 Frigate

GPS General_W.

General_W
Oct 01, 2008, 10:40 PM
192 - GPS to Beorn

Beorn-eL-Feared
Oct 04, 2008, 08:23 AM
GPS Whomper

Whomp
Oct 04, 2008, 10:40 AM
Frigate bombards 4/4 Sumerian frigate --> 2/4 Sumerian frigate
Frigate bombards 4/4 Sumerian frigate --> 3/4 Sumerian frigate
3/3 pirate receives return fire from a frigate but sinks a 3/3 caravel --pirate promotes to 2/4

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Oct 04, 2008, 06:24 PM
Frigate bombards 4/4 Iroquois Galleon --> 3/4 Galleon
Frigate bombards 4/4 Iroquois Frigate --> 2/4 Frigate
Frigate bombards 4/4 Iroquois Frigate --> 2/4 Frigate
Frigate bombards 3/4 Iroquois Galleon --> 2/4 Galleon

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Oct 05, 2008, 12:19 AM
Turn 193 – GPS to Beorn

Battle Log:

3/4 Frigate vs. 3/4 Galleon = 2/4 Galleon
3/3 Frigate vs. 2/4 Galleon = 2/4 Frigate
2/4 Frigate vs. 1/4 Galleon = 1/4 Frigate

Beorn-eL-Feared
Oct 07, 2008, 01:16 PM
GPS Whomper

Whomp
Oct 07, 2008, 06:43 PM
GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Oct 09, 2008, 09:33 AM
Played last night but forgot to send. GPS to General_W now.

General_W
Oct 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
turn 194 - GPS to Beorn

General_W
Oct 14, 2008, 08:44 AM

Niklas
Oct 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
:bump: Beorn??

Whomp
Oct 15, 2008, 04:38 PM
I sent him an email and asked if he needs me to play the save. If I don't hear from him in the next 3 hours I'll play the save.

Also, after today I'll be away till Monday.

General_W
Oct 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Whomp :salute:

Whomp
Oct 15, 2008, 07:17 PM
Gen_W can you forward the email to me. My email is in your pm box.

General_W
Oct 15, 2008, 07:37 PM
no problem.
Done :salute:

Beorn-eL-Feared
Oct 15, 2008, 08:02 PM
Played at last, been too busy to cook/eat/sleep/think/play this last week. Sorry for that. GPS Whomp.

Whomp
Oct 15, 2008, 08:52 PM
GPS to Niklas. Well, here we are.

Niklas
Oct 16, 2008, 02:32 PM
No mail in my inbox, send again?

General_W
Oct 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
I'm afraid Whomp is gone till Monday :sad:

Beorn-eL-Feared
Oct 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
That puts me in charge then. GPS Niklas.

Niklas
Oct 18, 2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks Beorn! :thumbsup:

GPS to General_W.

Whomp
Oct 19, 2008, 06:36 PM
Sorry everyone. I'm back again.

General_W
Oct 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
Turn 195 – GPS to Beorn

Battle Log:

4/4 Frigate bombards 4/4 Frigate = 3/4 Frigate
4/4 Frigate vs. 3/3 Frigate = 1/4 Frigate
4/4 Frigate vs. 3/4 Frigate = 4/4 Frigate

General_W
Oct 21, 2008, 02:28 PM

Whomp
Oct 23, 2008, 08:19 PM
Since this is such a significant turn I'd prefer Beorn play the turn so we can discuss.

General_W
Oct 24, 2008, 09:07 AM
fair enough.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Any idea when we can expect him?

Whomp
Oct 24, 2008, 03:49 PM
Hopefully this weekend. I'd hate to make such big decisions without my partner. If we don't hear from him by tomorrow I'll play it out.

General_W
Oct 24, 2008, 03:55 PM
ok. Thanks Whomp. :salute:

Care to give us a hint on what these "big decisions" are?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/GeneralW/WonderCascade.jpg

:mischief:

Whomp
Oct 24, 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm sure you're fully aware and if you're not then even better. :p

Beorn-eL-Feared
Oct 26, 2008, 01:10 PM
And right there, the turn order backfires :lol:

Whomp
Oct 26, 2008, 03:54 PM
GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Oct 26, 2008, 05:51 PM
Artys shoot legions:
5/5 => 3/5
4/4 => 3/4
4/4 => 3/4
4/4 => 2/4
4/4 => 2/4
4/4 => 2/4
4/4 => 3/4

The attack:
4/4 Cav vs 4/4 Legion => 1/4 Legion
4/4 Cav vs 3/4 Legion => 4/4 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 3/4 Legion => 3/4 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 3/4 Legion => 2/5 Legion
4/4 Cav vs 3/5 Legion => 4/4 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 2/4 Legion => 2/5 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 2/4 Legion => 4/5 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 2/4 Legion => 1/4 Legion
4/4 Cav vs 1/4 Legion => 5/5 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 1/4 Legion => 5/5 Cav
4/4 Cav vs 1/4 Legion => 2/4 Cav

On the seas:
Frigate bombards Frigate: 3/3 => 2/3

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Oct 27, 2008, 09:39 AM
Turn 196 - GPS to Beorn

My Frigates bombard Baby Seal Clubber:
Spear => 2/4
Warrior => 2/4
Spear => 1/4

General_W
Oct 29, 2008, 08:58 AM

(Whomp?)

Whomp
Oct 29, 2008, 04:08 PM
If Beorn doesn't pick up tonight I'll run with it. Can you forward the save just in case.

General_W
Oct 29, 2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks Whomp :hatsoff:

I sent it to your bawhomp e-mail address.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Oct 29, 2008, 06:59 PM
Yes, I think that would be best. If you can take it these days, I don't have much time to think about this game properly - which is why I asked for a sub a while back. I'll have a lot more time mid-december, which is an awful timing for this game, but that's life. I'd love to get to put up that fight, it's just getting interesting again now, but it would mean bad delays and that sucks for all of you.

If you can send it to both adresses, Niklas, I'll try to pick it up whenever I can (and warn Whomp when I do so we don't double up), but otherwise this is the pace we'd have to sadly expect.

Whomp
Oct 29, 2008, 09:07 PM
I will play the save but will need to address the incursion tomorrow.

AutomatedTeller
Oct 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
I'd volunteer to help out, but I've been all over the spoilers :(

I'm just amazed that this game is in the mid IA, what with 4 AA powerhouses like you guys had.

peter grimes
Oct 30, 2008, 01:36 PM
I guess that shows how well balanced some pairings of traits and units can be. :hmm:

Marsden
Oct 30, 2008, 02:11 PM
Maybe they're all peaceful builders at heart. :mischief:

PS. don't you just love it when a bunch of random posters spam your GPS thread. :p

Elephantium
Oct 30, 2008, 04:12 PM
Yup. Heavy builder game, this is.

PS Spam? What spam? :P

Whomp
Oct 30, 2008, 06:55 PM
Yep. We're all builders at heart. I think Scoutsout put it best on our builder tendencies.

I like to build cities, so that I may build an empire...
I like to build barracks, so I can build veteran units.
I like to build roads, to connect my trade network, make some gold, and move some units.
I like to build markets, for happiness, gold, and unit support.
I like to build libraries, so I can learn to build better units.
I like to build MORE cities, for more unit support
I like to build railroads, so I can move my units really fast.
I like to build factories, so I can build units faster
I like to build things that throw rocks and drop bombs, so I can ... kill other civs' units!
I like to build universities and banks... (see "libraries" and "markets")
I like to build airfields, so I can move units around really, REALLY fast.

OK here it is...
Romans against the Aztecs...
Frigate hits 4/4 caravel --> 2/4 caravel
Frigate hits 4/4 frigate--> 2/4 frigate
Frigate hits 4/4 frigate--> 2/4 frigate

3 cat misses
Cat hits 4/4 musket--> 3/4 musket
Miss
Miss
Cannon hits 4/4 musket--> 3/4 musket
13/13 army takes out 4/4 pike --> 10/13 army
10/13 army takes out 4/4 pike--> 9/13 army
4/4 cav takes out 3/4 musket--> 4/4 cav
4/4 cav retreats to 3/4 musket--> 1/4 cav and 2/4 musket
4/4 cav loses to 3/4 musket--> 1/4 musket
4/4 cav loses to 3/4 musket-->2/5 musket
4/4 cav takes 3/4 pike--> 2/4 cav
4/4 cav loses to 2/4 musket--> 1/4 musket
Cannon misses
5/5 knight takes 2/5 musket--> 4/5 knight
5/5 Legion takes 2/4 cav--> 3/5 Legion
5/5 Legion takes 1/4 musket--> 5/5 Legion
5/5 Legion takes 1/4 musket--> 1/5 Legion

Frigate hits 4/4 Sumerian caravel-->3/4

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Nov 01, 2008, 05:56 AM
Scoutsout is a wise man. ;)

Artys fire at legions in southern barricade:
4/4 => 2/4
Miss :wow:
4/4 => 2/4

Artys fire at central fortress:
4/4 => 2/4
4/4 => 2/4
4/4 => 3/4
Miss :gripe:
4/4 => 2/4
4/4 => 3/4
4/4 => 3/4

Call in the cavalry on the southern barricade:
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Legion => 2/5 Cavalry

GPS to General_W

Niklas
Nov 02, 2008, 02:54 PM
General_W? :bump:

(sorry, couldn't resist :D)

General_W
Nov 02, 2008, 03:00 PM
:rotfl: I deserve that!

Had a family reunion this week. Just got back late last night, and now it's nap time. I'll try to play here asap.

General_W
Nov 02, 2008, 10:05 PM
Turn 197 - GPS to Whomp

Battle Log:
4/4 Cavalry vs. 2/4 Legion = 1/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 1/4 Legion = 4/4 Cavalry

Frigate bombards roads near Buffone
Frigate bombards roads near Kraken

Whomp
Nov 03, 2008, 05:39 PM
GPS to Niklas.
3 cats hit 4/4 Sumerian frigate --> All to 3/4 frigates
3 cannons hit 3/4 Sumerian frigate --> All to 2/4 frigates
Cannon hits 2/4 Sumerian frigate--> 1/4 frigate

Cat hits 4/4 Sumerian infantry -->3/4 infantry
3 cats miss
Cat hits 4/4 Sumerian infantry--> 3/4 infantry
3 cats miss
2 cannons miss

4/4 Roman frigate sinks 2/4 Sumerian frigate--> 5/5 Roman frigate

Niklas
Nov 05, 2008, 04:04 PM
Arty fire:
3/3 Frigate => 2/3
2/3 Frigate => 1/3
4/4 Spear => 2/4
4/4 Warrior => 2/4
2/4 Spear => 1/4
2/4 Warrior => 1/4
BSC pop 4 => pop 3
Miss
Harbor destroyed in Baby Seal Clubber
Miss
4/4 Archer => 2/4

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Nov 06, 2008, 10:55 AM
Turn 198 - GPS to Whomp

Battle Log: Infantry Enter the Fray!
Frigate bombards Legion => 3/5
Frigate bombards Musket => Miss

4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/3 Musket = 4/4 Cavalry
4/4 Infantry vs. 3/3 Musket = 5/5 Infantry

Whomp
Nov 06, 2008, 07:25 PM
GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Nov 07, 2008, 04:30 PM
Arty fun:
5/5 AC => 3/5
3/5 AC => 1/5
4/4 archer => 2/4
4/4 archer => 3/4
3/4 archer => 2/4
3/4 archer => 1/4
2/4 archer => 1/4
Miss
3/4 archer => 2/4
2/4 archer => 1/4
Miss

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Nov 08, 2008, 01:33 AM
Turn 199 - GPS to Whomp

Battle Log: Off the coasts of Buffone
Frigate bombards Legion => 3/4
Frigate bombards Legion => 3/4

Privateer vs. 1/4 Frigate = 4/4 Privateer

Battle Log: In the Great Sea
Frigate bombards Frigate => 3/4
Frigate bombards Frigate => 2/4
4/4 Frigate vs 3/4 Frigate = 1/4 Frigate

Battle Log: Cavalry Cavalcade
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 1/4 Cavalry & 4/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 1/4 Cavalry & 3/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 4/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 2/5 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Legion = 1/4 Cavalry & 2/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 5/5 Ancient Cavalry = 2/5 Ancient Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs. 3/4 Legion = 4/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/4 Legion = 3/4 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs. 5/5 Spear = 2/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 2/4 Legion = 4/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 2/4 Legion = 4/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 2/5 Legion = 5/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 2/5 Ancient Cavalry = 3/4 Cavalry

Captured: 3 Workers, 7 Catapults

It was really late at night when I played – so that battle log may have a mistake or two :blush: let me know if there are any specific questions. This was the best I could do with my sloppy notes… sorry.

Now it’s bed time! :sleep:

Whomp
Nov 08, 2008, 03:26 PM
2 cats and cannon reduce 4/4 privateer to 1/4.
5/5 frigate finishes 1/4 privateer --> 5/5 frigate

2 frigates bombard 4/4 Aztec frigate to 1/4
4/4 privateer finishes --> 5/5 privateer

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Nov 08, 2008, 06:43 PM
Arty party:
Archer 4/4 => 2/4
Archer 2/4 => 1/4
Archer 2/4 => 1/4
Miss
Railroad destroyed
Irrigation and road destroyed
Baby Seal Clubber pop 3 => 2
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss - ok, I get the picture

And I'm proud to report that turn 200 has been sent to General_W! [party]

General_W
Nov 09, 2008, 12:12 AM
Turn 200 :dance: [party] - GPS to Whomp

Long Range Lovin' Log:
Frigate bombards Gems Mountain => Miss
Frigate bombards Gems Mountain => Miss
Artillery bombards Gems Mountain => Hit! Roads destroyed.

Whomp
Nov 09, 2008, 09:20 AM
2 frigates are off the mark versus Aztec caravel.
5/5 privateer tries to sink the 4/4 caravel --> 3/4 caravel

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Nov 09, 2008, 03:30 PM
On the high seas:
Frigate bombards: 4/4 Galleon => 2/4
Frigate bombards: 3/3 Galleon => 2/3

Artys:
Miss
Miss
Railroad destroyed
Miss
Miss
Miss
Irrigation + Road destroyed
Archer 4/4 => 2/4
Archer 2/4 => 1/4
Baby Seal Clubber pop 2 => pop 1
Archer 2/4 => 1/4
Miss

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Nov 10, 2008, 10:23 AM
Turn 201 - GPS to Whomp

Long Range Lovin':
Frigate bombards Legion on Gems Mountain => 3/4 Legion
Artillery bombards Buffone => 3/4 Musket

Whomp
Nov 10, 2008, 07:54 PM
Frigate misses infantry.

GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Nov 11, 2008, 10:24 PM
turnabout is fair play :) ...

:bump: Niklas?

Niklas
Nov 12, 2008, 06:49 PM
Frigate fun (B for bombardment):
B: 3/3 Frigate => 2/3
B: 3/3 Frigate => 2/3
B: 2/3 Frigate => 1/3
B: Miss
4/4 Frigate vs 2/3 Frigate => 2/4 Frigate

Burninating Buffone:
B: 4/4 Infantry => 3/4
B: 4/4 Infantry => 2/4
B: 13/13 Army => 12/13
B: 12/13 Army => 10/13
B: 3/4 Infantry => 2/4
B: 10/13 Army => 8/13
B: 8/13 Army => 7/13
B: 7/13 Army => 5/13
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+cannon) => 4/5 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+cannon) => 1/4 Infantry
5/5 Cavalry vs 4/4 Musket (+cannon) => 3/5 Cavalry
B: 5/5 Legion => 4/5
B: 5/5 Knight => 3/5
5/5 Cavalry vs 5/13 Army (+cannon) => 2/13 Army
B: 4/4 Pike => 2/4
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Legion (+cannon) => 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Legion (+cannon) => 4/5 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Legion (+cannon) => Cav retreats, 3/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Legion (+cannon) => 2/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Legion (+catapult) => 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Legion (+catapult) => Cav retreats, 2/4 Legion

Rails, road and irrigation pillaged NW of Buffone.

GPS to General_W

General_W
Nov 13, 2008, 12:31 AM
Turn 202 – GPS to Beorn

Burninating Buffone – One Beefy Arm Style:
Artillery bombards Legion => 3/4
Artillery bombards Legion => 2/4
Artillery bombards Legion => 3/4

5/5 Cavalry vs. 4/5 Legion = 3/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/5 Legion = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/5 Legion = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Cavalry = 1/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Cavalry = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 4/4 Cavalry = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 1/4 Infantry = 3/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/4 Legion = 1/4 Cavalry & 3/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/4 Legion = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/4 Legion = 1/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/4 Legion = 3/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs. 3/5 Knight = 2/5 Knight
5/5 Cavalry vs. 2/4 Pike = 2/5 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs. 2/4 Legion = 1/5 Cavalry
4/5 Cavalry vs. 2/4 Legion = 4/5 Cavalry

Holy smokes – that’s a lot of units in Buffone! :wow:

Whomp
Nov 13, 2008, 03:48 PM
2 Roman frigates hit two 4/4 Aztecs frigates--> 3/4 Aztec frigates

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Nov 14, 2008, 03:54 PM
Buffone:
B: 13/13 Army => 12/13
B: 12/13 Army => 11/13
B: 11/13 Army => 10/13

On the high seas:
4/4 Frigate vs 2/3 Galleon (+frigate) => 3/4 Frigate
4/4 Frigate vs 2/3 Galleon (+frigate) => 1/4 Frigate
3/4 Frigate vs 2/4 Frigate => 4/5 Frigate
3/4 Frigate vs 1/3 Frigate => 2/4 Frigate

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Nov 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
Turn 203 - GPS to Whomp

Long Range Lovin' Log:
Artillery bombards 10/13 Royal Canadian Army => 8/13
Artillery bombards Royal Canadian Army => 7/13
Artillery bombards Royal Canadian Army => 7/13 (Miss)
Artillery bombards Royal Canadian Army => 7/13 (Miss)
Artillery bombards Royal Canadian Army => 6/13
Artillery bombards 2/4 Infantry => 1/4

... and now things really get exciting... :shifty:

Whomp
Nov 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately, I won't have more than an hour to play this today and it appears a fair amount of thought will be needed to play the saves. I'll hit this tomorrow if that's ok.

General_W
Nov 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
of course!
Thanks for the heads-up :salute:

Niklas
Nov 15, 2008, 02:53 PM
:yup: Take the time you need, especially with a turn as important as this. No fun winning if your opponent has to do a rush job of the defense. ;)

Whomp
Nov 16, 2008, 06:43 PM
OK...
3/3 Roman frigate attacks 2/4 Aztec frigate--> 2/5 Aztec frigate

Iroquois arty hits two 4/4 Aztec infantry--> 3/4 and 2/4 Aztec infantry
Iroquois frigate hits 4/5 Aztec frigate--> 2/5 Aztec frigate
4/4 pirate attacks 3/4 Aztec frigate --> 3/5 Aztec frigate

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Nov 17, 2008, 06:25 PM
My apologies, I won't have the time and energy to play the save tonight. Will do tomorrow.

Whomp
Nov 18, 2008, 04:49 PM
No probs. Go ahead and send the email to Beorn and I this turn. He's got a little time this week.

Niklas
Nov 18, 2008, 05:45 PM
On the high seas:
B: 4/4 Frigate => 2/4
B: 2/4 Frigate => 1/4
3/5 Frigate vs 1/4 Frigate => 1/5 Frigate

Near Buffone-that-was:
B: 13/13 Momma Bear => 11/13
B: 11/13 Momma Bear => 9/13
B: 3/4 Infantry => 1/4
B: 9/13 Momma Bear => 8/13
B: 8/13 Momma Bear => 7/13
B: 7/13 Momma Bear => 6/13
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+arty) => Cav retreats, 2/4 Infantry
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+arty) => 1/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+cannon) => 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+cannon) => Cav retreats, 2/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+cannon) => 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+cannon) => 3/4 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs 6/13 Momma Bear => 1/5 Cavalry

B: Road + Irrigation destroyed outside Perf's Avatar
Rails + Road + Irrigation pillaged outside Perf's Avatar

B: 5/5 Frigate => 3/5
B: 3/5 Frigate => 1/5

GPS to General_W

General_W
Nov 19, 2008, 01:08 AM
Turn 204 - GPS to Whomp & Beorn :wavey:

Air Mail to Gems Mountain:
Artillery bombards 4/4 Cavalry => 3/4
Artillery bombards 4/4 Cavalry => 3/4
Artillery bombards 3/4 Cavalry => 2/4
Artillery bombards 3/4 Cavalry => 3/4 (miss)

Outside Monsters of the Midway:
Artillery bombards railroads => destroyed
Artillery bombards roads => destroyed

Naval Battle in the Shadow of Gems Mountain:
4/4 Frigate vs 1/4 Frigate = 2/4 Frigate

South Pacifica:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Frigate => 2/4
Frigate bombards 2/4 Frigate => 1/4
4/4 Frigate vs 1/4 Frigate = 4/4 Frigate

Salute to a Giant stack of Muskets:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Musket => 3/4

Pirate Plinking:
Cannon bombards 3/3 Pirate => 2/3
Cannon bombards 2/3 Pirate => 1/3

Whomp
Nov 20, 2008, 06:22 PM
I've forwarded an email to Beorn and either way I'll play the save tonight.

Whomp
Nov 20, 2008, 08:25 PM
Roman artillery barrage
Hits 4/4 Aztec infantry --> 3/4
miss
miss
Hits 4/4 Aztec infantry --> 2/4

All's quiet on the Whomper Front.

GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Nov 20, 2008, 10:42 PM
All's quiet on the Whomper Front.
Quiet like "beating our swords into plowshares" quiet?
Or like "calm before the storm" quiet? :shifty:

Niklas
Nov 21, 2008, 11:31 AM
Railroad pillaged outside Baby Seal Clubber

B: Leviathan: 4 -> 3
B: Leviathan: 3 -> 2
B: Leviathan: 2 -> 1
B: Harbor destroyed in Leviathan
B: Road + Irrigation destryoed outside Hakapik
B: Archer 4/4 => 2/4
B: Archer 2/4 => 1/4
B: Roads destroyed outside Baby Seal Clubber

B: Curragh: 3/3 => 1/3

GPS to General_W.

Elephantium
Nov 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
Quiet like "beating our swords into plowshares" quiet?
Or like "calm before the storm" quiet? :shifty:

I lay 1000-1 odds on "Calm before the storm".

General_W
Nov 21, 2008, 11:14 PM
Turn 205 - GPS to Whomp & Beorn

Fire on Mountain, run boys run:
Artillery bombards 4/4 Spear => 2/4
Artillery bombards 2/4 Spear => 1/4
Artillery bombards 4/4 Archer => 3/4
Artillery bombards 4/4 Archer => 2/4
Artillery bombards 3/4 Archer => 1/4
Frigate bombards 2/4 Archer => 1/4
Artillery bombards railroads – destroyed!
Artillery bombards roads – destroyed!

Outside Monsters of the Midway:
Artillery bombards railroads => destroyed!
Artillery bombards roads => (miss)
Artillery bombards roads => destroyed!
Cavalry captures 5 workers

Ocean Turkey Shoot:
4/4 Frigate vs 1/3 Curragh = 4/4 Frigate

Niklas
Nov 22, 2008, 10:58 AM
I have a save in my mail, and a load of damaged and killed units, but no battle report... :hmm: Was it so long that it took this long to write? :crazyeye: :cry:

Whomp
Nov 22, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'll try to color coordinate this too. Hopefully I got it all

Battle at Perf's Avatar (if only he knew :lol:)

Concentrated artillery barrage on the Aztecs

Miss
Shell 4/4 infantry -->3/4 Infantry
Miss
Miss
Shell 4/4 infantry -->2/4 Infantry
Shell 3/4 infantry -->1/4 Infantry

In comes the Cavalry army attacks the Aztec flank

13/13 Cavalry Army vs 3/4 Infantry+ cannon --> 8/14 Cavalry Army
8/14 Cavalry Army vs 3/4 Infantry+ cannon --> 7/14 Cavalry Army

and the cavalry charges...

4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry+ cannon --> 1/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry+ cannon --> 1/4 infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry+ cannon --> 3/4 infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry+ cannon --> 1/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry --> 3/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry --> 3/4 cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry --> 1/4 cavalry retreats 2/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry --> 1/4 cavalry retreats 2/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/4 Infantry --> 2/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry --> 3/5 cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry --> 2/5 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/5 Infantry --> 1/4 cavalry retreats 2/5 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/5 Infantry --> 2/4 cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 musket --> 1/4 Cavalry retreats 2/4 musket
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 musket --> 3/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 musket --> 1/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 musket --> 3/5 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 musket --> 3/4 Cavalry

Iroquois join the fray...
Continue barrage on the Green guys.

Shell 4/4 Musket 3/4 Musket
Shell 4/4 Musket 2/4 Musket
Shell 4/4 Pike 2/4 Pike
Shell 4/4 Pike 3/4 pike
Shell 4/4 Pike 3/4 pike

Cavalry charge//

4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Pike -->4/5 cavalry
4/4 cavalry vs. 3/4 Pike -->1/4 cavalry retreats and I think 1/4 Pike
4/4 cavalry vs. 3/4 Musket -->2/4 musket
4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Crusader -->3/4 cavalry
4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Crusader -->2/4 cavalry
4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Crusader -->1/4 cavalry retreats and 3/4 Crusader
4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Crusader -->2/4 cavalry
4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Crusader -->3/4 cavalry
4/4 cavalry vs. 4/4 Crusader -->4/4 cavalry

GPS to Niklas. :eek:

Oh and I forgot to disband that stinkin' curragh. :(

Niklas
Nov 23, 2008, 06:12 AM
Pounding Perf:
B: Army 12/12 => 11/12
B: Army 11/12 => 9/12
B: Army 9/12 => 8/12
B: Army 8/12 => 7/12
B: Army 7/12 => 6/12
B: Army 6/12 => 5/12
B: Army 5/12 => 4/12
B: Infantry 4/4 => 3/4
B: Infantry 4/4 => 2/4
B: Infantry 4/4 => 3/4
B: Army 4/12 => 3/12
B: Infantry 3/4 => 2/4
B: Infantry 3/4 => 1/4
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/12 Army (+arty) = 3/13 Army
5/5 Cavalry vs 3/13 Army (+arty) = 2/13 Army
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+arty) => 1/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+arty) => 2/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Infantry (+arty) => 2/5 Infantry :mad:
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/5 Infantry (+arty) => 2/5 Infantry :mad:
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/5 Infantry (+arty) => Cav retreats, 2/5 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/5 Infantry (+arty) => 1/5 Infantry
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/13 Army (+arty) = 2/13 Army :cry:
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/13 Army (+arty) => 2/4 Cavalry :woohoo:

Railroad pillaged outside Perf's Avatar.
Road + irragation pillaged outside Perf's Avatar.

GPS to General_W.

Whomp
Nov 23, 2008, 06:19 AM
Ouch double time.

Niklas
Nov 23, 2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, ouch from me too, losing 8 cavs and taking out one unit... though at least I got the right unit. :D :crazyeye:

Oh, I forgot, I also pillaged Rails+Road+Irrigation NW of Perf's Avatar. EDIT: Added to the report now.

General_W
Nov 23, 2008, 04:44 PM
206 - GPS to Whomp (CC: Beorn)

I've got a huge battle log here - but my wife is already headed to the car, I'll have to wait till we get back from dinner to post it.
Sorry for the suspense :blush:

General_W
Nov 23, 2008, 09:20 PM
Battle at Perf’s Avatar II: Vengeance:
Artillery bombards 7/14 Cav Army => 5/14
Artillery bombards 5/5 Knight => 3/5
Artillery bombards 4/4 Legion => 2/4
Artillery bombards 4/4 Legion => 3/4
Artillery bombards 4/4 Legion => 2/4
Artillery bombards 5/14 Cav Army => 4/14

4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (+Artillery Hit) = 3/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (- Cannon Miss) = 1/4 Infantry :ack:
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (+Cannon Hit) = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (+Catapult Hit) = 1/4 Infantry
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (-Catapult Miss) = 3/4 Cavalry

Artillery bombards 4/14 Cav Army => 3/14
Artillery bombards 3/4 Legion => 1/4
Artillery bombards 3/5 Knight => 2/5
Artillery bombards 3/4 Cavalry => (MISS)

4/4 Cavalry vs 3/5 Cavalry (-Catapult Miss) = 1/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/5 Cavalry = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 3/5 Cavalry = 2/5 Cavalry
5/5 "W" Cavalry vs 3/14 Cavalry Army = 2/5 Cavalry :dance:
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Legion = 1/4 Legion
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/4 Legion = 4/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 2/5 Knight = 4/4 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Cavalry = 5/5 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Cavalry = 4/5 Cavalry
5/5 Cavalry vs 2/4 Cavalry = 2/5 Cavalry

Frigate Fun
North:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Infantry => (MISS)
Frigate bombards 4/4 Infantry => 3/4

Center Island:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Horseman => 3/4

Monsters of the Midway:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Musket => (MISS)

Apologies again for the delay.

Whomp
Nov 24, 2008, 11:41 PM
Here we go...

The Great Battle at Perf's Avatar continues...

Roman artillery barrage laid on the Sumerians
Miss
4/4 musket --> 2/4
4/4 musket --> 2/4
3/3 musket --> 1/3
4/5 cav --> 2/5
2/4 musket --> 1/4
2/4 musket --> 1/4
3/4 cav --> 2/4
3/4 cav --> 2/4
2/4 cav --> 1/4
2/4 cav --> 1/4
2/4 cav --> 1/4

To the Iroquois
4/4 cav vs. 2/4 cav +arty miss--> 4/5 cav
4/4 cav vs. 2/4 cav +arty hit--> 1/4 cav
4/5 cav vs. 2/5 cav +arty miss--> 3/5 cav
3/4 cav vs. 2/5 cav +arty miss--> 2/4 cav
5/5 MW vs. 1/4 musket+arty and infantry hit--> 1/5 MW
5/5 MW vs. 1/4 musket+arty hit--> 1/4 musket
4/4 MW vs. 1/4 musket+arty hit--> 3/5 MW
4/4 MW vs. 1/3 musket+arty and infantry hit--> 2/4 MW
4/4 MW vs. 1/4 cav +arty hit--> 1/4 MW
4/4 MW vs. 1/4 cav +arty and infantry hit--> 2/5 MW
4/4 MW vs. 1/4 cav +arty hit-->2/5 cav
3/4 Cav vs. 2/5 cav +arty hit--> 2/4 cav
4/4 MW vs. 1/4 cav --> 1/4 MW

17 slaves and 12 artillery pieces captured. The slaves were freed and are likely roaming the countryside.

3 arty pieces miss but 2 reduce the barricade to a fortress and road.

Cannons fire on Sumerian infantry incursion.

There were seven misses but they hit a 5/5 infantry to 4/5 and 6 other infantry hits reduce them from 4/4 to 3/4.

Follow with a artillery shelling and destroy the road to the fortress.

Two captured artillery pieces destroy a road near Kraken and the other hits a unidentified unit. The rest are somewhere in the rubble.

Cannons fire once again.
We miss three times but 3 more 4/4 infantry are reduced to 3/4

GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Nov 25, 2008, 12:20 AM
oh good Lord! :ack:

Didn't see that coming. :cry:

er... Nice move?! :lol:

Elephantium
Nov 25, 2008, 11:59 AM
Whomp: Congrats on a well-executed counterstrike.

Gen W and Niklas: My condolences on losing your artillery. Guess you should have put an Infantry or two on that stack of Muskets ;)

General_W
Nov 25, 2008, 12:06 PM
No kidding... :cry:

Did I mention that I'm pretty much the opposite of a C3C expert and I'm just filling in for Cubsfan here...

Is now about the time I'm supposed to loot the treasury and "retire" to some exotic non-extradition island in a tropical climate? :mischief:

Whomp
Nov 25, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well we'll see. You guys have been taking it to me so hopefully this will help a little. Keep up the good play gentelmen. :D

Oh and come December 15th Cubsfan will be wearing a White Sox avatar after losing a bet to me. :D

Niklas
Nov 25, 2008, 04:18 PM
Due to... unforseen circumstances in a certain other game sharing a forum with this one, I won't be playing tonight... my attention lies elsewhere. :run:

Whomp
Nov 25, 2008, 04:20 PM
Take your time Niklas. No rush...but please do send a Babe email so I can understand all the fun my settler can't see.

General_W
Nov 25, 2008, 04:22 PM
:lol: I'll see if I can get approval for an update for you Whomp :salute:

Did you see my RoundTable video?
Are you trying to say that you want more info beyond the fact that the Nazis Saberites are trying to stamp out freedom and justice The Council?
:mischief:

Whomp
Nov 25, 2008, 04:23 PM
:lol: Be careful of those guys! They make funny names for cities when they take them.

Calis
Nov 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
Are you trying to say that you want more info beyond the fact that the Nazis Saberites are trying to stamp out freedom and justice The Council?

:nono: select such comparisons with care, please.

General_W
Nov 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
Come now Calis - it's all in good fun.

However, I recognize this is probably a bit more touchy in Germany - so if I caused any offense, I apologize.

Niklas
Nov 25, 2008, 04:42 PM
Calis, it should be seen as a reference to the propaganda material in the RoundTable. (Though it may not have been fully appropriate... :undecide:)

Marsden
Nov 25, 2008, 06:42 PM
How's this for unnecessarily alarmist: I can't believe you called Calis a Nazi! You un PC twits! :p What did you expect from Marsden, nice?

I'm pretty sure Calis got the joke just fine.

He was just pointing out your flawed analogy. Saber will be the liberators of your people! First we will liberate them of their land and then their freedom, but I've got a special pair of bracelets being made for each and every one of them that survives at absolutely no charge! :mwaha:

Edit: D'oh! Now I'm feeling apologetic. Don't take it personally guys, I'm only joking, which should be obvious, but just in case I'm telling you directly.

BTW, Good hit Spare Tire Whomp!

Calis
Nov 26, 2008, 01:04 AM
Come now Calis - it's all in good fun.

However, I recognize this is probably a bit more touchy in Germany - so if I caused any offense, I apologize.

Alright, let's just forget about it...

I might also have overreacted a little bit :blush:

@Marsden: :lol:

General_W
Nov 28, 2008, 05:57 PM
:bump: Don't forget you've got the save Niklas!

:salute:

Niklas
Nov 28, 2008, 06:36 PM
Ah yes, sorry for delaying. I can't play tonight, but I'll do it tomorrow - promise! :)

Niklas
Nov 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
B: 3/5 MW => 1/5
B: 2/4 MW => 1/4
B: 2/5 MW => 1/5
B: 4/4 unf Infantry => 3/4
B: 4/4 unf Infantry => 2/4
B: 4/4 unf Infantry => 3/4

5/5 Mace vs 1/4 Cavalry (+arty) => 4/5 Mace
5/5 Mace vs 1/4 MW => 4/5 Mace
5/5 Mace vs 1/4 MW => 3/5 Mace*
5/5 Mace vs 1/5 MW => 5/5 Mace
5/5 Zambrano vs 1/5 MW => 5/5 Zambrano
12/12 Army vs 1/5 MW => 12/12 Army

Rails + roads + irrigation pillaged outside Perf's Avatar.
Rails + roads + irrigation pillaged outside AnthroPC.

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Nov 29, 2008, 11:06 AM
207 – GPS to Whomp

Wasn’t this our Barricade?
5/5 Cavalry vs 1/4 MW (+ Artillery Hit) = 4/5 Cavalry
* 2 Artillery returned to their rightful owner (you still owe me 10 more, by the way).

Frigate Fun
The North:
Frigate bombards 3/4 Musket => (MISS)

The South:
Frigate bombards 4/4 MW => 3/4
Frigate bombards 3/4 MW => 2/4
Frigate bombards 4/4 Musket => (MISS)

Not Dead Yet Cavalry Charge:
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Musket = 2/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 4/4 Musket = 3/4 Cavalry
* 2 Workers Captured

I can't believe the RNG finally decided to give us an Army! :dance:

Whomp
Nov 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
I'm back and will try to get to this today. Ow...

Whomp
Nov 30, 2008, 05:03 PM
Artillery barrage near Kraken
Miss
3/4 Mace to 2/4
2/4 Mace to 1/4
Miss
Miss
barricade destroyed
Miss
Miss....
Commander is relieved of his duty and the observer is relegated to the brig. Reposition and...
Rails are destroyed
Road destroyed
Hit 4/4 caravel to 2/4
Hit 2/4 caravel to 1/4

Off Western Coast
4/4 frigate to 2/4

To the Iroquois
Two spies dressed as Aztec explorers are captured. They learn the errors of their ways and cut railroad lines behind Der Wall.

3/3 Somalian pirate is lurking near Donut Nugget Island avoids a shot from a Sumerian frigate and sinks a 4/4 caravel-->3/3 Pirate

Artillery barrage on fortress outside Fabrication
12/12 army--> 11/12
11/12 army--> 9/12
9/12 army--> 8/12
Miss
8/12 army--> 6/12
6/12 army--> 5/12

Artillery shelling off Monsters of the Midway's coast.
4/4 frigate--> 3/4

GPS to Niklas

Niklas
Nov 30, 2008, 05:30 PM
Heh, I had no idea explorers could be capture. I learn new things about this game still. If I had known, I would have disbanded them instead. :ack:

General_W
Nov 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
:lol: yeah - thanks for nothing Niklas! ;)

Benedict Arnold Explorers :gripe:

Whomp
Dec 01, 2008, 05:29 PM
Oops I forgot one entry...

4/4 cav takes out 3/4 cav --> 3/4 cav

General_W
Dec 01, 2008, 05:42 PM
poo - I thought he lived!

Way to crush my hopes! ;)

Whomp
Dec 01, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm sure you'll make me pay for it. You always do. :p

Niklas
Dec 01, 2008, 06:46 PM
I swear I'm doing the best I can in that regard. :D

So you think you can dance?
B: 12/12 Army => 11/12
B: 11/12 Army => 10/12
B: 10/12 Army => 9/12
B: 9/12 Army => 8/12
B: 8/12 Army => 6/12
B: 6/12 Army => 5/12
B: 5/12 Army => 4/12
B: 4/12 Army => 3/12
B: 3/12 Army => 1/12
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/12 Army => 1/4 Cavalry
2 Roman workers captured

Dancemania:
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry => 4/4 Cavalry
B: 3/4 Cavalry => 2/4
B: 2/4 Cavalry => 1/4
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry => 4/4 Aztec Cavalry
2 Iro workers captured

Random fun:
B: Baby Seal Clubber: pop 2 => 1
B: 4/4 Archer => 2/4
B: 2/4 Archer => 1/4

The brainwashed explorers are reindoctrinated.

GPS to General_W.

Whomp
Dec 01, 2008, 07:29 PM
Well that just isn't fair. :(

General_W
Dec 02, 2008, 12:38 AM
yeah - now I guess you know how I feel when I left all my artillery under-defended :blush: ugly city.

208 – GPS to Whomp

Pointless but Fun:
The Land Before Time (center island):
Frigate bombards 5/4 Ancient Cavalry=> 4/5
Artillery bombards 3/4 Archer => 1/4

The South:
Frigate bombards 4/4 MDI=> 3/4
Frigate bombards 3/4 MDI=> 2/4
Frigate bombards 2/4 MDI=> (MISS)

Whomp
Dec 02, 2008, 09:23 PM
Artillery barrage on invading Aztec frigates.
Hit 4/4 frigate to 3/4
Hit 3/4 frigate to 1/4
4/4 frigate sinks 2/4 frigate --> 1/4 frigate

Artillery barrage on gold mountain
4/4 Zambrano to 2/4
2/4 Zambrano to 1/4
Rails wrecked
Miss
Road blown out
Area next to gold mountain
Rails destroyed
Miss
Road wiped out

4/4 cav takes down 1/4 cav--> 4/4 cav

Sumerian infantry divisions near the New Fabrication
4/4 infantry --> 2/4
4/4 infantry --> 3/4
Miss
4/4 infantry--> 3/4

To the Iroquois...
Artillery fire on Sumerian frigates off the coast
4/4 frigate to 3/4
4/4 frigate to 3/4
3/4 frigate to 1/4
3/4 frigate to 2/4
3/4 frigate to 1/4
2/4 frigate to 1/4

Off Roman Coast...
4/4 frigate takes out Aztec 1/4 frigate --> 4/4 frigate

Back to southeastern front
4/5 cavalry loses to 2/4 cav--> 2/5 cav Oh nice...
4/4 cav takes down 2/5 cav --> 3/4 cav :vomit:

Silly Jaguar 4/4 guy to 2/4
Silly Jaguar 2/4 guy to 1/4 now go away...

GPS to Niklas and just to remind you I won't be back till Sunday. I doubt I'll have time to play these saves till then but will try to move the MTDG save.

General_W
Dec 02, 2008, 09:48 PM
No problem, Whomp.
MTDG save is more important!

Thanks for the reminder :salute:

Niklas
Dec 07, 2008, 03:57 PM
My apologies for holding the save for so long. There are simply so many other games calling for my attention right now, and I don't think I'll be able to play tonight either since The Council has the turn. I hope to play tomorrow, sorry. :blush:

Whomp
Dec 07, 2008, 05:11 PM
No issues. I just got back in town.

General_W
Dec 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
:bump: Better knock this one out before the next Council turn comes around Niklas ;)

Niklas
Dec 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
Gah, time is the proverbial euphemism. I'll really try tonight but I can't promise anything. :sad:

Niklas
Dec 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
B: 4/4 Cavalry => 2/4
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry => 2/4 Cavalry
2 iroquois workers captured
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry => 4/4 Cavalry

Road+irrigation pillaged outside Ditka

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Dec 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
209 - GPS to Whomp (finally!)

Battle log coming soon, no time right now :blush:

Nothing major - just some ship attacks.

General_W
Dec 12, 2008, 12:30 PM
209 - Battle Log:

Adventure on the High Seas
The Great Sea:
Frigate bombards 3/3 Caravel => 2/3
Frigate bombards 2/3 Caravel => 1/3
4/4 Pirate vs 1/3 Caravel = 4/4 Pirate + enslaved 3/3 Pirate. Arr, Matey!

The South Sea:
Frigate bombards 4/4 Frigate => 2/4
Frigate bombards 3/3 Frigate => (MISS)
Frigate bombards 3/3 Frigate => 2/3

General_W
Dec 14, 2008, 08:44 AM
I got an e-mail from Whomp last night saying he'd try to get the save played tonight.

Just keeping you in the loop!

Thanks for the e-mail Whomp. :salute:

Whomp
Dec 14, 2008, 07:30 PM
Artillery barrage at Da Bears

arty hits 4/4 cav to 3/4
arty hits 3/4 cav to 2/4
arty hits 2/4 cav to 1/4
arty hits 2/4 cav to 1/4
Capture explorer and he's eventually lost...
4/4 cavv1/4 cav-->4/4 cavCapture 3 workers
4/4 cavv1/4 cav-->2/4 cav Capture 3 workers
Capture 3 workers with cav

Artillery barrage at Fabrication
arty destroys walls
arty hits 4/4 infantry--> 3/4
arty4/5 infantry--> 3/5
Miss
Miss
Miss
arty hits 3/4 infantry--> 1/4

GPS to Niklas.

I'm stunned after all the pirate attacks that they were actually able to enslave a ship.

General_W
Dec 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
:bump: - Niklas?

@Whomp - Pirates? I have no knowledge of any pirates. :mischief:

Niklas
Dec 16, 2008, 05:50 PM
Shootin' Gems
B: 5/5 Ancient Cavalry => 3/5
B: 3/5 Ancient Cavalry => 1/5
B: Railroad destroyed
B: Road destroyed

Southern front
B: 4/4 Cavalry => 3/4
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry => 3/4 Aztec Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry => 3/4 Aztec Cavalry
3 workers (re)captured

Random Center Island Bombing
B: 4/4 Horse => 2/4
B: 2/4 Horse => 1/4
B: Road + irrigation destroyed
B: Fortress destroyed
B: 3/4 Archer => 1/4

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Dec 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
Turn 210 - GPS to Whomp

No Man's Land Campaign:
Cavalry liberates 3 workers! :dance:
Cavalry captures 2 workers
Cavalry captures 3 workers
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry = 3/4 Cavalry

Whomp
Dec 17, 2008, 05:32 PM
Artillery fire at Da Bears:
4/4 cav --> 2/4
3/4 cav -->1/4
Miss
4/4 cav -->2/4
3/4 cav -->1/4
2/4 cav --> 1/4
2/4 cav --> 1/4

Near Donut Hole Island
4/4 caravel --> 2/4
4/4 frigate --> 2/4
4/4 frigate --> 2/4
3/4 caravel --> 1/4
3/3 frigate --> 2/3
3/4 frigate --> 2/4
2/3 frigate --> 1/3
2/4 caravel --> 1/4
2/4 frigate --> 1/4

To the Iroquois at Da Bears
5/5 cav takes 1/4 cav-->5/5 cav
4/4 cav takes 1/4 cav-->4/4 cav
Near Donut Hole Island
3/3 Pirates is sunk by 3/3 frigate-->3/3 frigate

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Dec 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
Turn around...
B: 2/4 Infantry => 1/4
B: Barricade destroyed
B: Road and irrigation destroyed
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (+arty) => 3/4 Cavalry
4/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (+arty) => 1/4 Infantry
3/4 Cavalry vs 1/4 Infantry (+arty) => 1/4 Cavalry
6 artillery captured and destroyed.

5 Frigates bombard shoreline outside Troll, one hits and destroys rails.

Partisans destroy rails near Watermelon and rails, roads and irrigation near Forte.

GPS to General_W.

Whomp
Dec 18, 2008, 05:59 PM
Well that is quite a mishap.

General_W
Dec 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
Turn 211 - GPS to Whomp

High Seas:
Frigate bombs 4/4 Frigate => 3/4
Frigate bombs 4/4 Frigate => 2/4
4/4 Pirate vs 3/4 Frigate = 1/4 Frigate
3/3 Pirate vs 2/4 Frigate = 2/3 Pirate

(or were those Roman boats? :lol: sorry! I can't remember! :blush: )

Insult to Injury:
Artillery bombs 2/4 horse => 1/4

Whomp
Dec 19, 2008, 07:41 PM
Frigate bombards 5/5 frigate -->4/5 frigate
Frigate bombards 5/5 frigate -->4/5 frigate

Artillery barrage
Miss
4/4 infantry --> 2/4
4/4 infantry -->3/4
3/4 infantry --> 1/4
2/4 infantry --> 1/4
4/4 EW --> 3/4
Miss
3/4 EW --> 1/4

Frigate bombards 4/4 frigate --> 2/4

Unexpectedly, the Iroquois citizens were very angry regarding the lack of spices. Three spies are captured and interrogated regarding the spices incident.
GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Dec 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
:bump:

:wavey: Niklas.

FREE has the MTDG save... so now might be the perfect time to play? :mischief:

Niklas
Dec 22, 2008, 06:16 AM
Sorry for being slow. I'll likely continue to be slow until January, but on the new year things should run smoother again. :)

B: 4/4 Spear => 2/4
B: 2/4 Spear => 1/4
B: Outpost destroyed
B: Barricade destroyed

5 Frigates bombard coast near Troll, 2 hit to destroy rails, road and irrigation.

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Dec 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
Turn 212 - GPS to Whomp.

The Summerians would like to offer a 1 turn Christmas break in the fighting to our friends in the West. :xmascheers:

~ no battle log this turn ~

and no, this is not because I had nothing in range to shoot at... :mischief:

Whomp
Dec 23, 2008, 08:39 PM
Ohoh...

Romans bombardment
4/4 EW --> 3/4
4/4 MI --> 2/4
4/4 MI --> 3/4
3/3 EW --> 2/3
3/3 EW --> 1/3
3/4 EW --> 2/4
3/4 MI --> 2/4
2/3 EW --> 1/3

Iroquois bombardment
4/4 infantry --> 3/4
4/4 infantry --> 3/4
4/4 infantry --> 2/4
4/4 infantry --> 3/4
Miss
Miss
4/4 infantry --> 2/4
4/4 infantry --> 3/4
Miss
4/4 infantry --> 3/4
4/4 infantry --> 3/4

Frigate bombards 3/3 caravel --> 1/3
4/4 frigate sinks 1/3 caravel --> 4/5 frigate

4/4 cav vs4/4 pike --> 2/4 cav
5/5 cav vs 4/4 EW --> 2/5 EW :lol: Merry Christmas!

GPS to Niklas.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Dec 27, 2008, 05:34 PM
:xmassign:

So as to keep everyone updated, for once: I'm moving out into a new apartment, new job, new town :xtree:, etc, and I should have internet back around mid-January, whennever the :rudolf: technician comes around so that I get plugged. By then, we'll be 4 :snowgrin: around here again.

:newyear:, see you guys soon!!!

General_W
Dec 29, 2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the update Beorn!

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you also! :D

Niklas
Dec 29, 2008, 06:30 PM
... and a Happy New Year to all of you! :)

B: 4/4 Horseman => 3/4
B: 3/4 Horseman => 1/4
B: Roads destroyed

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Dec 30, 2008, 11:28 AM
Turn 213 – GPS to Whomp

South Sea Scuffle:
Artillery bombs 4/4 Frigate => 2/4 Frigate
Artillery bombs 2/4 Frigate => 1/4 Frigate
Artillery bombs 3/3 Frigate => 1/3 Frigate

4/4 Frigate vs 1/4 Frigate = 4/4 Frigate
4/4 Frigate vs 1/3 Frigate = 3/4 Frigate

Somewhere off the Western Coast of Bearland:
Frigate bombards Rail Lines = destroyed!
Frigate bombards Mine and Road = destroyed!

Lonely Fortress & Surrounds:
Artillery bombards Fortress = destroyed!
Artillery bombards Rail Line = destroyed!
Artillery bombards Road = destroyed!
Explorer pillages Fortress = destroyed!

5/5 Cavalry vs 1/4 Cavalry = 5/5 Cavalry

Monsters of the Midway:
Artillery bombs 4/4 Infantry => 4/4 Infantry (miss)
Artillery bombs 4/4 Infantry => 4/4 Infantry (City Walls destroyed!) :wow:
Artillery bombs 4/4 Infantry => 3/4 Infantry

Whomp
Dec 31, 2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry no time for color coordination.

Romans take out a road with 4 arty outside Baby Clubber.

Iroquois send a barrage at the barricade near Monsters of the Midway.
3 misses and 9 infantry hit and knocked down from 4/4 to 3/4.

GPS to Niklas.

Madmax51
Dec 31, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hi.
This is my first time posting in Civ Fanatics, which I only discovered a couple of weeks ago.
I've really enjoyed reading about your death match game, I've now read all of both sides Spoiler threads and it seems to me there is something significant that both sides are overlooking.
However I am reluctant to say what it is as it could drastically alter the balance (stalemate) of the game if one side figures it out and the other does not.
Is there a thread where lurkers could discuss the game without players from either side being able to observe?

General_W
Dec 31, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hey Madmax51 :wavey: Welcome to CivFanatics!

If I said I'd be your bestfriend, would you just tell me and not the other team what your uber-strategy is? :mischief:

Madmax51
Dec 31, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ummm, no. :mischief:
It really is very simple. If you think hard you should be able to figure it out.
I will give one clue: It would have worked best if done BEFORE the enemy has railroads, but can still work with railroads.
And it can only really work if you can surprise the enemy.
Um, two clues, I have given you two clues.
Oh, and it has a lot to do with the shape of your map.
Arrgh, three clues, I will only give you three clues, no more.

I'll come in again.

Chamnix
Dec 31, 2008, 01:35 PM
If you have read both spoiler threads, then you really shouldn't post anything relevant to the game in either :nono:.

Madmax51
Dec 31, 2008, 01:39 PM
And that is why I'm posting here instead of in either spoiler.
I do not wish to cause any problems, and if what I have done is improper I deeply apologize.
This is why I was asking if there is a "Lurker only" thread.

DWetzel
Dec 31, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hi.
This is my first time posting in Civ Fanatics, which I only discovered a couple of weeks ago.
I've really enjoyed reading about your death match game, I've now read all of both sides Spoiler threads and it seems to me there is something significant that both sides are overlooking.
However I am reluctant to say what it is as it could drastically alter the balance (stalemate) of the game if one side figures it out and the other does not.
Is there a thread where lurkers could discuss the game without players from either side being able to observe?

1. Welcome!

2. No, there really isn't; but PM me, I'd be interested. I'm sure there will be a post-mortem discussion of the game when it's over though.

3. I'd probably even delete your hints, just to be on the safe side.

Madmax51
Dec 31, 2008, 02:17 PM
1. Welcome!

2. No, there really isn't; but PM me, I'd be interested. I'm sure there will be a post-mortem discussion of the game when it's over though.

3. I'd probably even delete your hints, just to be on the safe side.

Deleting my hints might be unfair now, since General_W has almost certainly already read them. However I'm willing to do so if that is apropriate.

General_W
Dec 31, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah - I read them - but I'm a bit dense, I'm afraid :D

see: General_W not being able to figgure out how the Whomp/Beorn were able to attack and retreat in the South Pass without me being able to see it. :lol:

If you're talking about cross-ocean naval invasions, we've been there and done that already. It ended up badly for the invaders.

Niklas
Dec 31, 2008, 07:54 PM
Don't feel bad General_W, I don't get it either. ;)

But a lurker-only thread is an interesting idea. Anyone should feel free to start one, obviously we the players won't read it. But also anyone who does read it should refrain from posting in our team spoiler threads, obviously.

EvilConqueror
Dec 31, 2008, 09:37 PM
I like the idea. You should start one Madmax.

cubsfan6506
Dec 31, 2008, 10:55 PM
No btw you shouldn't post in either of the threads if you've read both.

General_W
Jan 05, 2009, 04:05 PM
:bump: friendly reminder that you've got the save Niklas :)

Happy New Year Deathmatch! This is our 16 Month anniversary, but 3rd year of playing (2007, 2008, 2009) :lol: never thought it would last this long...

Niklas
Jan 05, 2009, 04:23 PM
Oops. :blush: Had totally forgotten I was up. I will try to play the save tonight, if not it will definitely be tomorrow.

General_W
Jan 07, 2009, 12:34 PM
eh-hem... Niklas? :mischief:

Busy with The Council save now? ;)

Niklas
Jan 07, 2009, 01:02 PM
:run: :blush:

Niklas
Jan 07, 2009, 04:19 PM
B: 4/4 Warrior => 3/4
B: 3/3 Warrior => 1/3
B: 3/4 Warrior => 1/4

5 Frigates bombard outside Putin, two hit and destroy road+irrigation and rails respectively.

GPS to General_W.

AutomatedTeller
Jan 08, 2009, 07:48 AM
Gotta love Civ III... arty's vs. guys with stone clubs ;)

Marsden
Jan 08, 2009, 07:52 AM
This is like the India/Pakistan border.

General_W
Jan 08, 2009, 11:39 AM
Turn 214 – GPS to Whomp

Somewhere off the Western Coast of Bearland:
Frigate bombards Rail Lines = destroyed!
Frigate bombards Mine and Road = destroyed!

Monsters of the Midway:
(miss)
(miss)
(miss)
(miss)
Artillery bombs 4/4 Infantry => 2/4 Infantry
(miss)
(miss)
(miss)
Artillery bombs 4/4 Infantry => 2/4 Infantry

Whomp
Jan 09, 2009, 01:20 PM
Shelling near Putin
5/5 frigate --> 4/5
4/4 caravel --> 2/4
4/4 frigate --> 3/4
4/4 frigate --> 2/4
4/5 frigate --> 2/5
4/5 frigate --> 3/5
4/5 frigate --> 2/5
3/4 frigate --> 1/4
3/5 frigate --> 1/5
4/4 frigate (bombard misses) sinks 2/4 caravel --> 5/5 frigate
Back to bombardment
2/5 frigate --> 1/5
2/5 frigate --> 1/5
4/4 frigate (bombard hits) sinks 2/5 frigate --> 2/5 frigate
4/4 frigate (bombard hits) sinks 1/4 frigate --> 3/4 frigate

To the Iroquois
Off Fort Briggs
Frigate hits 3/3 frigate --> 2/3 frigate
Frigate misses.

Bombardment near Der Wall
4/4 infantry --> 2/4 infantry
4/4 infantry --> 3/4 infantry
4/4 infantry --> 2/4 infantry
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss..spotter sent to the brig.

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Jan 11, 2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/phd010509s.gif (http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1117)

Yeah, so, I'll play the turn some time in the next few days I hope. :shifty:

Niklas
Jan 14, 2009, 03:41 PM
B: 4/5 AC => 2/5
B: 2/5 AC => 1/5
B: 3/4 Horse => 1/4
B: Miss :dubious:

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Jan 15, 2009, 03:58 PM
Turn 215 - GPS to Whomp

[party] Happy 1000 AD everyone! [party]

Battle Log:
I left my notes at home :blush: but my artillery bombed a lot of infantry in Monsters of the Midway. Nothing more dramatic than a few -2hp strikes and a handful of misses. I'll post specifics (if you even care?) when I get home tonight.

My frigates also bombed 1hp each off some Iroq Frigates off the West coast of Bearland.

Whomp
Jan 15, 2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not too fussed about a battle log right away however I would appreciate a battle log.

General_W
Jan 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
will do. :salute:
I wrote it all down on scrap paper and then just forgot to bring it with me to the office.
I'll get it up here in a few hours.

Whomp
Jan 15, 2009, 06:46 PM
Romans
Bombardment near Leophuredon
4/4 frigate --> 2/4
3/3 frigate --> 2/3
2/3 frigate --> 1/3

Iroquois
Near western coast
4/4 frigate --> 2/4
2/3 frigate --> 1/3
2/4 frigate --> 1/4
2/4 frigate --> 1/4
2/3 pirate --> 1/3

4/4 frigate (bombard misses) v 1/3 frigate --> 3/4 frigate
3/4 frigate (bombard hits) v 1/4 frigate --> 2/5 frigate
Bombardment hits 2/5 frigate --> 1/5 frigate
3/4 frigate (bombard hits) v 1/4 frigate --> 1/4 frigate

Fortificaiton at Der Wall
Five misses and three 4/4 infantry --> 3/4 infantry

GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Jan 16, 2009, 11:03 AM
Ouch. my poor navy!

Here's the scoop on my artillery bombardment:
Misses = 7
Hit for 1hp = 8
Hit for 2hp = 3

Sorry again for the big delay.

Oh - and I saw this cartoon today - I know I'm supposed to be on the Cub's team, but I still thought this was funny.
Enjoy!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/GeneralW/271095full.gif

Butterball
Jan 16, 2009, 11:51 AM
Oh - and I saw this cartoon today - I know I'm supposed to be on the Cub's team, but I still thought this was funny.
Enjoy!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/GeneralW/271095full.gif
Ouch! That really hurts.:sad:

Niklas
Jan 17, 2009, 05:05 AM
B: 4/4 Infantry => 1/4
B: 3/4 Spear => 1/4
B: 3/4 Archer => 2/4

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Jan 19, 2009, 01:44 AM
Turn 216 - to Whomp.

Sea Battle
Frigate bombs 3/4 Frigate => 1/4 Frigate
1/3 Pirate vs. 1/4 Frigate = 2/4 Pirate + 3/3 Enslaved Pirate
3/3 Pirate vs. 1/4 Frigate = 3/3 Pirate + 3/3 Enslaved Pirate

General_W declares 1010 AD as official "Talk Like a Pirate Year." :wow: :dance:

Artillery Bombardment of Monsters of the Midway:
Misses: 6
Hit for 1 hp: 10
Hit for 2hp: 3

Whomp
Jan 19, 2009, 10:21 AM
That's funny.

Anyhow, in front of Der Wall Iroquois artillery misses infantry four times, hits for one hp seven times and hits for two hps four times.

GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Jan 22, 2009, 02:03 PM
:bump: don't forget you've got the save Niklas.

Niklas
Jan 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
Finally found some time to play. The time up to Feb 6 will likely be like this I'm afraid. :sad:

B: 3/4 Horse => 1/4
B: 3/4 Archer => 2/4

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Jan 26, 2009, 12:46 PM
Turn 217 - GPS to Whomp

Artillery Bombardment of MotM:
Misses: 4
Hit for 1hp: 13
Hit for 2hp: 0

My frigate also bombed away a rail-line near Piccolio.

Whomp
Jan 26, 2009, 02:58 PM
WW I continues near Der Wall with bombardment the order of business.

5 Misses
9 1 hp infantry
1 2 hp infantry

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Jan 26, 2009, 05:57 PM
B: 4/4 Legion => 3/4
B: 4/4 Cavalry => 3/4
B: 3/4 Legion => 1/4
B: 3/4 Cavalry => 1/4
B: 3/3 Warrior => 1/3
B: 3/4 Warrior => 2/4

Bah. Next time I'll bring my other gun.

GPS to General_W.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Jan 27, 2009, 08:48 AM
Emperor Gaius Beornus Caesar, reporting for duty :salute:

Where are we at?

General_W
Jan 27, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Beorn! Welcome back. :wavey:

Turn 218 - GPS to Beorn! (and to Whomp, just in case ;) )

2 Frigates bomb 3/3 Frigate -> 1/3
4/4 Frigate vs 1/3 Frigate = 2/4 Frigate

The shelling of MotM continues:
Misses: 7
Hit for 1hp: 8
Hit for 2hp: 1

Beorn-eL-Feared
Jan 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
This semester, I'm only working 135% of full time, I haven't had a load this light in forever ... really.

GPS ze Whomper. Good to be back.

Niklas
Jan 28, 2009, 05:00 PM
Good to have you back Beorn! :salute:

Whomp
Jan 28, 2009, 06:00 PM
This semester, I'm only working 135% of full time, I haven't had a load this light in forever ... really.

GPS ze Whomper. Good to be back.
What are you trying to be some kind of math genius or something? :p

The weather was a little foggy on the eastern front today so...
6 misses
8 1 hp infantry
1 2 hp infantry

GPS to Niklas

Niklas
Jan 30, 2009, 05:15 AM
:mad:

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Jan 30, 2009, 11:35 AM
Turn 219 - GPS to Beorn

Artillery bombs 2/4 Archer => 1/4
Artillery destroys road

The shelling of MotM continues:
Misses: 5
Hit for 1hp: 12
Hit for 2hp: 0

Beorn-eL-Feared
Jan 30, 2009, 11:52 AM
Bad timing, was just leaving - will be away until Sunday night. Forwarded to Whomp.

Whomp
Jan 30, 2009, 05:27 PM
3/3 frigate sinks 3/3 galley--> 2/4 frigate

Bombardment near Der Wall
5 misses
9 1 hp infantry
3 2 hp infantry

GPS to Niklas

Niklas
Jan 31, 2009, 06:17 AM
B: 4/5 AC => 3/5
B: 4/4 Spear => 3/4
B: 3/5 AC => 1/5
B: 3/4 Spear => 2/4
B: 4/4 Horse => 2/4
B: 4/4 Warrior => 2/4
B: 2/4 Warrior => 1/4
B: Mine(?) destroyed
B: Rails destroyed

Sigh, one more, just one more...

Turn 220 to General_W

General_W
Feb 02, 2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry for the big delay. Busy weekend, and then the SuperBowl!! What a game. Wowza.

Turn 220 (sent, for good luck, on (2.2.09) :D - GPS to Beorn.

Battle Log:
Artillery bombs 3/4 Archer => 2/4

Artillery bombs Baby Seal Clubber => Miss
Artillery bombs Baby Seal Clubber => Miss
Artillery bombs Baby Seal Clubber => Harbor Destroyed

Artillery bombs Leviathan => -1 population

Artillery bombs Monsters of the Midway => Walls Destroyed!
Artillery bombs Infantry in Monsters of the Midway:
Misses: 3
Hit for 1hp: 4
Hit for 2hp: 1

Whomp
Feb 03, 2009, 10:35 PM
Gen_W in case Beorn doesn't get the save tomorrow send it to me and I'll play it Thursday.

General_W
Feb 05, 2009, 11:25 AM
Whomp knows this already - but to keep the rest in the loop - the save has been passed along to Whomp.

:salute:

Whomp
Feb 05, 2009, 03:30 PM
Aztecs hit by Romans near Kraken Killer.
4/4 pike to 2/4
4/4 pike to 3/4
5/5 MI to 3/5
3/4 pike to 2/4
At Der Wall's fort.
7 misses
8 1 hp
3 2 hp

Turn 220 to Niklas.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 05, 2009, 09:12 PM
CFC back on my homepage list, sorry about this, I missed it.

Niklas
Feb 08, 2009, 05:55 AM
B: 3/4 Legion => 1/4
B: 3/4 Cavalry => 1/4
B: 3/4 Horse => 2/4

B: 5/5 Frigate => 4/5
B: 4/5 Frigate => 2/5

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Feb 08, 2009, 04:53 PM
Turn 221 - GPS to Whomp and Beorn.

Battle Log:
Miss
Miss
Roads Destroyed! (by Gems Mountain)

Miss
Miss
Baby Seal Clubber loses 1 population

Artillery bombs Infantry in Monsters of the Midway:
Misses: 5
Hit for 1hp: 5
Hit for 2hp: 2

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 09, 2009, 07:13 PM
B: 3/4 Pike => 1/4
B: 3/4 Pike => 2/4
B: 4/4 MDI => 2/4
B: 2/4 Pike => 1/4

GPS Whomper

Whomp
Feb 09, 2009, 08:38 PM
2 Aztec slaves captured.
Bombardment at Der Wall
9 misses
8 1 hp
3 2 hp

Niklas
Feb 11, 2009, 08:11 AM
B: 5/5 Frigate => 4/5
B: 4/5 Frigate => 3/5

B: Rails destroyed

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Feb 13, 2009, 11:02 AM
oh man, played yesterday morning and forgot to send it :blush:

Turn 222 - GPS to Beorn (and Whomp).

Battle Log:
Artillery Bombardment of Monsters of the Midway:
Miss
Miss
Walls Destroyed

vs. Infantry:
1 hp: 5
2 hp: 2

Artillery vs. 4/4 Cavalry => 3/4 Cavalry
Artillery vs. 3/4 Cavalry => 2/4 Cavalry
Artillery vs. 2/4 Cavalry => 1/4 Cavalry
3/3 Cavalry vs. 1/4 Cavalry = 4/4 Cavalry
*Explorer Captured

On the Center Island:
Artillery vs. 2/4 Archer => 1/4 Archer
Artillery vs. 2/4 Archer => 1/4 Archer

Frigate vs. 3/4 Infantry => 3/4 Infantry (miss)
Frigate vs. 3/4 Infantry => 3/4 Infantry (miss)
Frigate vs. 3/4 Infantry => 2/4 Infantry

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 14, 2009, 04:39 PM
B: 4/4 Inf => miss
B: 4/4 Inf => 3/4
B: 3/4 Inf => 1/4
B: 1/4 Inf => miss

13/13 Batman (1 elite 2 vets) on 4/4 cavalry: Batman 13/13

GPS Whomper

Whomp
Feb 15, 2009, 01:33 PM
At Der Wall vs. infantry
9 misses
8 1 hp
4 2 hp

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Feb 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
B: 4/4 Frigate => 3/4

B: 3/5 AC => 1/5

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Feb 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
Turn 223 – GPS to Beorn and Whomp

Battle Log:
Bombardment at MotM:
Miss: 5
1hp: 6
2hp: 4

Frigate bombards 3/4 Infantry => 3/4 (miss)
Frigate bombards 3/4 Infantry => 2/4
Frigate bombards 2/4 Infantry => 1/4

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 19, 2009, 05:07 PM
B: 4/4 Inf => 3/4
B: 3/4 Inf => 2/4
B: 2/4 Inf => 1/4
B: 3/4 Pike => 2/3 (iirc)

GPS Whomp

Whomp
Feb 19, 2009, 09:15 PM
At Der Wall fort:
8 misses
11 1 hp infantry
3 2 hp infantry

GPS to Niklas.

General_W
Feb 23, 2009, 08:55 AM
:bump: Niklas?

Niklas
Feb 24, 2009, 08:06 AM
Sorry for the delay.

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Feb 25, 2009, 10:33 AM
Turn 224 - GPS to Beorn & Whomp

Near Leviathan:
Artillery vs. 4/4 Infantry => 4/4 (miss)
Artillery vs. 4/4 Infantry => 3/4
Artillery vs. 3/4 Infantry => 2/4
Artillery vs. 2/4 Infantry => 2/4 (miss)
Artillery vs. 2/4 Infantry => 1/4

Artillery vs. City of Leviathan => (miss)
Artillery vs. City of Leviathan => Hit! -1 Population

Near Baby Seal Clubber:
Frigate vs. 4/4 Infantry => 4/4 (miss)
Frigate vs. 4/4 Infantry => 3/4
Frigate vs. 3/4 Infantry => 2/4
Frigate vs. 2/4 Infantry => 1/4

Vs. Infantry in MoTM:
Misses: 1
1 HP: 7
2 HP: 2

General_W offers to give artillery lessons to Niklas... :lol:

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 25, 2009, 06:36 PM
:blush: forgot to record the combat :blush:

On the usual North edge of the lake, something like 5-6 artilleries fired at Aztec infantry + pike, redlining both iirc ...

GPS Whomp

Whomp
Feb 25, 2009, 07:34 PM
Some pretty good shooting at Der Wall's fort today...
3 misses
10 1 hp 4/4 infantry
6 2 hp 4/4 infantry
2 1 hp 3/4 infantry
2 2 hp 3/4 infantry

GPS to Niklas.

Niklas
Mar 01, 2009, 08:09 AM

Too bad I only had time to send half of them to practice with General_W. :ack:

GPS to General_W.

General_W
Mar 02, 2009, 02:53 PM
Turn 225 - GPS to Beorn & Whomp

South Sea:
Frigate bombs 4/4 Frigate => 2/4
Frigate bombs 2/4 Frigate => 2/4 (miss)
Frigate bombs 2/4 Frigate => 1/4
4/4 Pirate vs. 1/4 Frigate = 3/4 Pirate

Near Baby Seal Clubber:
Frigate vs. 2/4 Infantry => 1/4
Frigate vs. 4/4 Archer => 2/4
Frigate vs. 2/4 Archer => 1/4

Near Leviathan:
Artilleryvs. 4/4 Horseman => 2/4
Artilleryvs. 2/4 Horseman => 1/4

Vs. Infantry in MoTM:
1 HP: 8
2 HP: 1

Beorn-eL-Feared
Mar 05, 2009, 10:34 AM
Just done with my stack of copies to grade, will be on it tonight.