View Full Version : The Democratic Constitutionial Reform League

cthegreat
Jun 07, 2002, 11:08 AM
I am founding this The Democratic Constitutionial Reform League(DCRL) to the following ends:

- Debate about reform on the constitution

- Debate about eduacting the citizens on the constitution

- Studing the festable of political parties (NOTE:THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, AS IS BANED BY SEC.B, ACT 4 OF THE CONSTITUTION, instead a look into a party system for a Demo game)

-An intro to the constitution

donsig
Jun 08, 2002, 11:09 AM
I will gladly join this league!

Discussion concerning splitting the constitution. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23978) Please make your views known.

The biggest general constitutional reform that we need is to put policy making into the hands of our citizens. Our government should be doing whatever it can to determine which policies our citizens want to follow. Then our government should be implemening those policies.

Cyc
Jun 08, 2002, 11:25 AM
I'd like to put my John Hancock on this list. I especially like the part about education, as I definitely need educating. Donsig, I like your opening statement. I believe that's the direction I'm pushing for in the splitting of the Constitution process. Good idea, cthegreat.

Strider
Jun 08, 2002, 12:20 PM
I'll join!!!

Strider
Science leader & deputy trade leader

Shaitan
Jun 10, 2002, 11:18 AM
Reform of the Constitution: First draft of new "split" constitution. (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/ConstitutionCv1-0.zip)

Education: This is key! I've tried to make the constitution more intuitive and easier to understand duplicating instructions when they apply to more than one section. Example: the votes that the Foreign Minister can call are listed under the Foreign Minister section and under the Council Votes section.

Intro: I started an intro page as well but this needs a lot of work.

Parties: Because our group is so small, parties are probably not going to work. I don't see how we could avoid devolving into a 2 party system where the one with 1 more member becomes the ruling party.

Cthegreat - make sure you get this thread stickied and registered in the Citizen Group Registry. This is an awesome idea and the more people know about it, the better.

Shaitan
Jun 10, 2002, 11:19 AM
How about a FAQ?

Cyc
Jun 11, 2002, 05:38 PM
cthegreat where are you? There is monumental discussion about Constitutional reform going on all around this League. We need your views.