View Full Version : Is there any way to...

eyrei
Jun 12, 2002, 12:03 PM
Have my email notifications go to two different addresses? I now spend as much time on the forum from home, and would like to have those notifications.

spycatcher34
Jun 12, 2002, 02:20 PM
Sure set up one of the adress to forward it to your other one...

eyrei
Jun 12, 2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by spycatcher34
Sure set up one of the adress to forward it to your other one...

Thanks. If only I could figure out how to do that....

TedG
Jun 12, 2002, 02:53 PM
Or just use a Yahoo! account, because it's Web-based and you can access it from any computer.

spycatcher34
Jun 12, 2002, 04:07 PM
They usually have it in the options somewhere to "forward email to" and then a blank. Or if one of the accounts has pop feature enabled you can just use that.

duke o' york
Jun 13, 2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by TedG
Or just use a Yahoo! account, because it's Web-based and you can access it from any computer.

You can only nominate a "permanent" e-mail address when you join the forum - that is, an address that is linked to your work or home or something and not a solely web-based one - so that it is more difficult to have double log-ons. Unfortunately you can only do this when you join the forum and can't change the address to which your e-mail notifications or the site news etc. are sent. This is a problem for me as well as eyrei and I have asked TF a couple of times if he could change my registered address from my work account to my Yahoo one as I am looking for a new job but haven't had any response yet (er, from TF that is ;)). The trouble is that if I leave my current job then my e-mail here would be closed down and the e-mails sent to my work account would be returned and clog up TF's inbox. :(

Knight-Dragon
Jun 13, 2002, 03:49 AM
The solution, in your case, my dear duke, is relatively simple. Just set your cp to no email notifications fr the admin and that'll do the trick nicely. :)

And then, after you get your new work email, you can perhaps prevail upon TF again to chg your email link.

duke o' york
Jun 13, 2002, 04:09 AM
Oh, I'm not overly concerned with my own case but this is a general point for anyone who wants to change their destination e-mail address and may prove very useful if I can succeed in getting what lawyers refer to as a test case established.
I am not too confident in getting a new job tomorrow and it will probably take ages in my case as in so many others ;).

Also, have the e-mail news messages totally disappeared for stuff like the new GotMs because we have so many members as I haven't seen them for months now?

Knight-Dragon
Jun 13, 2002, 08:33 AM
The last I received was about the PTW expansion pack. It's about a few weeks ago I think, hardly months.

Good luck in your attempt at getting a new job. :goodjob: I know the feeling; been thinking bout switching myself. :)

eyrei
Jun 13, 2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by duke o' york

You can only nominate a "permanent" e-mail address when you join the forum - that is, an address that is linked to your work or home or something and not a solely web-based one - so that it is more difficult to have double log-ons. Unfortunately you can only do this when you join the forum and can't change the address to which your e-mail notifications or the site news etc. are sent. This is a problem for me as well as eyrei and I have asked TF a couple of times if he could change my registered address from my work account to my Yahoo one as I am looking for a new job but haven't had any response yet (er, from TF that is ;)). The trouble is that if I leave my current job then my e-mail here would be closed down and the e-mails sent to my work account would be returned and clog up TF's inbox. :(

I seem to be able to do this. It is kind of a pain, but when I leave work, I go to my user cp and change the email address in my profile. And then when I get to work I change it back.

duke o' york
Jun 13, 2002, 09:10 AM
OMG!!!! :eek:
I'm such a dumbass.
I've just successfully changed my e-mail account and can now enjoy the forums from any job I may have in future!
I'm not surprised that TF ignored my stupid requests before - it seems so obvious now! Duhhhhhh! :(

:hammer:
:cringe: <--- Me