View Full Version : managing your empire of units during war

krp312
Dec 07, 2007, 12:09 AM
ok i've got like 40 cities with 20 of them making units. aside from using a rally point, is there a way to say, get all infantry to go to one place?

IronCrown
Dec 07, 2007, 05:04 AM
What's wrong with setting a rally point? It's the only way.

If you want to make all infantry go to that point and all artillery to another point, no, that's not possible. Would be nice, though.

Dirk1302
Dec 07, 2007, 09:45 AM
Yes,functionality like that would be very nice, i wonder if that's moddable, i asked some time ago in the SDK thread but didn't get a clear answer, would be a reason for me to actually mod the game.

twocan7
Dec 07, 2007, 10:16 AM
How do you set a rally point and is it in Vanilla?

These forums are awesome. I've always played the different civs but settled on being a lifetime newbie. I'm start to change that with everyones help!!

krp312
Dec 07, 2007, 10:25 AM
How do you set a rally point and is it in Vanilla?

These forums are awesome. I've always played the different civs but settled on being a lifetime newbie. I'm start to change that with everyones help!!

what's 'vanilla'? i've been seeing that a lot

setting rally point: click on city bar then shift + right click on the spot you want them to rally at

twocan7
Dec 07, 2007, 10:28 AM
The stripped down basic version of Civ. In otherwords not BTS warlords gold etc.

shyuhe
Dec 07, 2007, 02:53 PM
To set a rally point, click on the city bar once to highlight the city (or highlight all cities). Then I think it's ctrl-right click on the tile. You can cancel it by ctrl-right clicking on the city. Rally points and auto-military builds help a lot when building lots of units but don't forget them as ANY unit built in that city will head to the rally point first.

Edit: it's shift-right click, not ctrl. MY bad :blush: