View Full Version : Danq how are the graphics and the sound effects in this game?

bernie77
Dec 31, 2007, 06:18 PM
This is something I don't think anyone has asked? How are the graphics are they next-gen? I am a little concerned because they kind of look like last-Gen graphics. Also are the sound effects good, like for example do the horses sound good when they are riding and the tanks etc..?

ps Thanks Danq and have a happy new year and don't forget to try to get some gamplay vids for your next update.

DanQ
Jan 02, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hi bernie77. Happy New Year to you as well!

I'm not familiar enough with the graphical differences in the current and last generation consoles to comfortably answer your graphics question -- I've never owned a console system and I last played one in any meaningful way about 15 years ago.

:old:;)

As for the sound effects, the ones I heard I enjoyed. :yup: This is particularly true of the voices surrounding the advisers and diplomacy: true, they're often silly but well done and humourously so. :D

You're welcome for the coverage so far and I'll see what I can do, re: gameplay video.

bernie77
Jan 02, 2008, 05:30 PM
Can you zoom in and zoom out or is ther just a fixed camera view. I would like to see the people up close and battles up close.

Thanks

Bernie77

DanQ
Jan 04, 2008, 06:03 PM
Can you zoom in and zoom out or is ther just a fixed camera view. I would like to see the people up close and battles up close.

Thanks
Firaxis' Online Marketing Manager Dennis Shirk beat me to answering this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6324411&postcount=2) in a separate thread you created on the topic.