View Full Version : New Destiny

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 12:39 AM
alright i have pretty much finished version 4.0 and have uploaded it to filefront for you. filefront seems to be having some problems at the moment though so i am also putting it on here in the download section and at atomicgamer. sorry it took so long.

ok just to let everyone know i will be posting the new work for this mod on http://civjunction.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=55. it still isnt ready but im working on it

Atomicgamer
Link: http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=5121

File Front
http://files.filefront.com/NewDestiny+v40rar/;11985518;/fileinfo.html

430MB

this link is for all files for this mod old and new http://hosted.filefront.com/lordgraywolfe/

This is whats new in this mod, at least most of it, if i forgot to list something new i added im sorry but it will make for a nice surprise ;).

ND v4.0
I have changed flood plains. it is now a +2 to food and a -1 to production, the -1 to production will only affect the plains or places where you build workshops and watermills. it will also appear in tundra, grasslands and plains now as well as desert.

I have changed yields on rivers, now ANY tile that a river runs through, with the exception of ice, will get a +1 to food. the ice/snow tiles will only get the +1 to income. if there is a flood plain it will take the place of the river yields not add to them.

You can now build farms on desert and tundra that have access to a river

I have added the Ice breaker mod

I dont believe the water animal mod is working correctlly and will not redo the python for it as everytime i have it has caused the tech videos to stop working.

I have fixed the misplaced tech audio quotes, some of the original quotes where being used by the new techs.

I have put the adj for the norse religion in, it was missing.

Added new promos, Desert1 & 2 and Arctic1 & 2. they add 20% defense on #1 and 20% defense and 10% attack on #2 as well as double movment in dessert and snow/ice.

Made the Harbor grant +2 experience to naval units

Made the Gunship upgrade to the hover tank

Super Carrier upgrades to Supernaught

Attack Sub upgrades to Phantom Frigate

ND v3.0
Added the Unit Allegiance mod updated by Amra
Added the Water Animals mod (just the waterspout) updated by Amra
Added the Glance screen
Added new Actual Quotes by Willowmound
Upgraded the civ/unit graphics to Diversica .95 by mamba

includes all patches,fixes and changes from 2.0 on

ND v2.0
Added the Iroquois back in from diversica
Added Australia from civ gold
Added new units
the jeep by snafusmith
and the hummer
the robot tank suggested and graphics provided by SOG
upgraded diversica to version .90
upgraded JPKs events
added in icebreaker by Orion
new civics added for late game
fixes many of the minor problems from v1.5
all civs now have 2 UUs, in the last version i had missed putting in several.
added trafalgar square by Asioasioasio

ND v1.5
Fixed the problem with not being able to rename cities or units. i have not yet checked it but this should also have fixed the problem with the corprate and colony buttons not working.

New units for future era
Star Destroyer
Star Cruiser
Supernaught
Starship
Space Fighter
Space Bomber

Tech Tree change

Iron working was move and comes later now.
The swordsman now comes with bronze working

JKP1187's event mod updated to 1.01
Mamabas Diversica updated to .70d
removed the unit allegiance mod

The Odyessy speed is 2000 turns and ends at the year 2601AD

Added wonder movie for forgotten palace

ND v1.3
changed odyssey to 2000 turns
changed main menu picture
changed starting music

ND 1.2
put roman roads bik file in
changed starting time back to 4000BC

ND 1.1
replaced missing menu options

New Destiny v1.0
By Lord Graywolfe

compatible with BtS 3.13

Norse/Legendary Saga
Greek/Oral Tradition
Egyptian/Mummification
Mesoamerican/Shamanism
thanks to Amra who let me import these religions in from his warlord mod and gave me a bit of help in getting parts to work :)

Discription:

New Detiny is a mod that adds a little of everything to the game. Filing in a few areas that i felt were lacking.
There are many mods out there already that probally have everthing i've put into mine and more. There are also
mods that probally add much less than i did. This is my first attempt at a full fledged mod and i've learned alot
while making it.If you decide to try this mod i hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

Installation:

unzip this into your beyond the sword mods folder; Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
start the game and load the mod from the main menu.

Credits:
This mod is based alot on Arma's warlords mod, it just has a bit less, and i thank him for allowing me to use his great
work as a template for my first attempt.

Mamba for his Diversica mod which plays a large part in this

Grave
Marnz
The Lopez
JKP1187
Wolfshanze
Whiterabbit
C.Roland
Sevo
Gir

I know there are probally more i've gotten units, graphics or even just ideas from that i can't remembr right now.
If i have used material from you and not listed your name i'm sorry. Just let me know and ill be happy to add it to
the list.

Thank you all :)

Mods merged in:
I've added in JKP1187's event mod
The Lopez unit allegience mod, however that one isnt working at the moment and i dont know why yet.
Mamba's diversica
Enhanced tech conquest by Grave.
Sevopedia
Blue Marble

New units:
Elephant rider
Imperial marine
Galleass
Biplane
Steamship
Steam Cruiser
Dreadnought
Cruiser
Jet bomber
Stealth Fighter
Bombard
Hover tank
Hover infantry
Star trooper
I have also given every civ 2 UUs and plan at a later time to add a third. My goal here is to have units
spread out through the game. 1 in the early game, 1 in mid game and 1 in late game.

New Civs:
Scotland
Canada
Polynesia
Pirates
I also removed the Holy Roman Empire from the game

New Leaders for exsisting civs:
Hirohito
Joan of Arc
Dido
Theodora

New Techs:
Military training
Seafaring
Naval warfare
Anti-grav
Invention
Archeology
Tourism
Amphibious warfare
Steam turbine
Armor tactics
Super Sonic Flight
Aviation

New Leader Traits:
Seafaring: Gives free Navigation1 promo to all ships doubles production of harbors, lighthouses and drydocks
Scientific: +2 science in each city, doubles production of labs and observatories.

I have also divided the traits into 3 groups and given each leader a trait from each list. so every leader now has 3 traits.

the traits are orginized as follows;

Military:.........................Social:......... .................Political( for lack of a better term):
Aggresive.......................Creative.......... ...............Organized
Protective.......................Philisophical.... ................Industrious
Imperialist.......................Spiritual....... ..................Financial
Seafaring........................Expansive........ ...............Scientific

and Charismatic can fall under any/all of them

New Bonuses:
sulphur
cotton
cocco
tobbaco
coffee
citrus
Temple ruins
Natural Gas

New Buildings:
Inn: adds happiness from tobbaco, cocco, coffee and wine and increases commerce
Gas Plant: increases production
Archery Range: +2 to acrhery units experiance
Rifle Range: +2 to gunpowder units experiance
Garrison: +2 to melee units experiance
Tank Factory: +2 to armor units experiance

New Wonders:
World;
Big Ben: free bunker in each city and reduces war weariness
Leonardo's workshop : increase chance of an engineer and can make 2 citizens engineers
Copernicus's observatory : can make 2 citizens scientists and increases science output
Roman Roads: Increases commerce
Art of War: increases chance of great general and grants +2 experiance to all units built in the civ

National;
World Fair: increases commerce and happiness

Other:
I have also made some changes in the Tech tree. Construction comes earlier now. Compass is now Navigation, i moved the Cuiriser to
gunpowder. Moved the Grenadier to gunpowder. Moved Privateer to Nationalism. Moved Ship of the Line, Frigate and Galleon to gunpowder.
I know there are other small changes that im forgetting at the moment, oh well im sure you will figure it out.

I made a few small changes in some of the units also. the Machine gunner is no longer a siege unit but now a gunpowder unit.
All the UUs now start with a promotion that they will take with them when they upgrade.
The siege units no longer attack directly, they are defensive only and can bombard anything or anyone. I used a method suggested by Grave
They can still defend themselves if attacked. However the flanking attack by the horse
units is no longer needed and they now have a bonus against archery units. Once again i know there are other small changes that i'm
forgetting at the moment but that you will find as you play.

Well i think thats everything for now. I will appreciate any feedback on the mod. Im sure there are things i didnt think of that can improve it
so please tell me what you think is good and what is bad and what is yet needed.

At the moment there are no known issues, but much of the new stuff for this version included python. Right now i cant find any errors due to the python which makes me nervous, I have never had any luck in making python work right anytime i mess with it something goes wrong. so let me know if the unit allegiance isnt working or waterspouts arent showing up at all since they were most of the python changes.

Patches

Ok here is patch 1 which fixes the problem with of the red dot units. ok to use this delete the modules folder, dont copy over it, and then place the modules folder from the patch in assests folder to replace it. it should take care of all the unit problems.

Ok patch 2, this is to add in some missing diplomacy. i noticed that when meeting some of the leaders they had nothing to say. this is more cosmetic than anything but i find it handy to actually know what they are saying sometimes ;). extract the patch and drop both the xml folder and the modules folder in your assests folder if you want to use this. thats it :D

Ok patch 3, this fixes the missing text on the planetary map. extract it and drop the text folder in under you xml folder.

Patch 4, this fixes the missing sound problems, at least as far as i can tell. extract the audio folder from the patch and drop in your XML folder, thats it.

Patch 5, this is a minor fix for the emoticons that show up on the game screen. it takes them back from 2 to 1. it also should fix the salt problem. simply extract and drop the res folder and python folder inside your assests folder, take the terrian folder and drop it inside your XML folder

Patch 6. ok this one takes care of three seperate things. 1st it fixes the red blob aircraft SoG found. once you extract the patch open it and take the Maya_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos xml file out, it goes in Assets\Modules\Civilizations\Maya, just drop it in the Maya folder.
2nd fixes the problem of archeology showing up twice in Education on the tech tree. take the TechInfos xml file out of the patch and it goes Assets\XML\Technologies, drop it in the Technologies folder.
3rd is a small text problem in civlopedia, take the BasicInfos xml out and it goes here Assets\XML\BasicInfos, drop it in the BasicInfos folder and we are done. :)

ok this is not a patch its just a small change i made. i switched the leaderhead for Dido to the new one by C. Roland. the 2.5v has this change in it already so they wont need this. if anyone else wants to make the change though its a simple download. delete the dido folder inside Art\Leaderheads and then drop this one inside the Leaderhead folder. the xml file goes here Assets\XML\Art just drop it in and she should be good to go. :)

There is a prroblem with the ottoman cannon unit its a red dot, mamba pointed this out. This is mambas fix for it. extract, take the XML file out of the folder and it goes here Assets\Modules\Units\Ottoman just drop it in and its good.

Patch 8, yes i know the last patch wasnt numbered 7 but anyway. This patch fixes the english scout not having weapons, thanks to mamba and Chugginator for the fix, and also fixes the Australian city names not showing up right. take all 3 folders out and drop them in your Assets folder and thats it. :)

Patch 9 is to fix the fact that i forgot to give the Iroquois Leader his third trait. Download extract and take the Modules folder and drop it in your the Assests folder and its all good ;)

Patch 10 fixes the egyptyian horse archer problem. take the modules folder out and drop it in the Assets folder and your done.

you will only need the following 2 patches if you downloaded upgrade1a as upgrade2 already has both of them in it

Patch 1b this is the first patch for version 3.0, it adds the audio files for the new religions that were in upgrade1a. because of the size of this patch you will have to download it off of filefront using the second link on this page. take the assets folder out and drop it in New Destiny and it will overwrite all the files it needs to quick and easy.

Patch 2a the second patch for 3.0 this one replaces the TGA files fixing the religious icons on the map. extract the res folder and drop it in the Assets folder and your done

With any patch i recommend starting a new game.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 03, 2008, 01:29 AM
I could not download - got an error at the site and I don't want to register to yet another site.

NikNaks
Jan 03, 2008, 03:21 AM
You haven't actually linked to the file, just the page where you can view your own files.

Sounds really good. :goodjob:

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 08:56 AM
oops sorry about that ill fix that then. first mod and im still trying to figure out all the upload stuff. i had to replace the file anyway as i realized i had disabled some stuff during testing and forgot to turn them back on before uploading.

if there are any questions though please feel free to ask

oh some other things that got changed that i forgot to mention are that gunships now fly over water, as do the hovercrafts. also the upgrade path on the units was changed somewhat.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 11:24 AM
ok ive got it up at filefront now and its easy to find and download there. no membership required or anything. im still going to see about puting up a link for atomicgamer for people that prefer that site. if i can get it to work right this time.

NikNaks
Jan 03, 2008, 11:34 AM
Downloading! :)

Lachlan
Jan 03, 2008, 11:37 AM
I will give it a try and perhaps feedbacking it...

mice
Jan 03, 2008, 12:14 PM
Gonna try it later today. The changes look good

Lachlan
Jan 03, 2008, 01:03 PM
I started with Julius Ceasar of the Romans and i just constated that don't have User Interface ?

I could see units, terrains but nothing other even the mini map !

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 02:35 PM
@ Lachlan hmmm i dont know why that would happen as i definitly have the full interface and that was one of the areas of the game that i didnt do anything at all to but ill check and make sure i didnt leave something out or acidently change it somehow.

has anyone else had this problem?

i was just playing it myself and found out that the bik file for the Roman Roads was missing. i found that installed it and it worked fine so here that is in a post here on the site.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=242751&highlight=via+appia

i have also uploaded it to filefront under the same link as the main game

ok ive gone through everything i can think of and i cant find anything missing concerning the interface. it all seems to be there and correct as far as i can tell. ill admit im not the most experianced modder but i dont think i did anything to that part sorry i wasnt able to find the problem Lachlan

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 07:52 PM
ok i added a screen shot of the new units in the game to the first post to give you an idea of what they are.

Zuul
Jan 03, 2008, 08:01 PM
What version should I list this as?

Brave Sir Robin
Jan 03, 2008, 09:43 PM
this looks really interesting
D/L started at both epic and odessey speed and each had the game ending at 50 ad :confused:

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 11:26 PM
@ Zuul this is 1.1 right now and im sure ill have either updates or fixes to add later and so will up the number :)

@ Brave Sir Robin i dont know if i understand what you mean. D/L started ?
now are you saying that the game wouldnt go past 50 AD or that you just finished them both then?

lord_graywolfe
Jan 03, 2008, 11:53 PM
ok Brave Sir Robin i think i know what happened. i remembered that i was playing around with the starting time of the game and it was set to 6000 BC instead of 4000 BC and thats probally why it was ending at 50 AD. sorry about that i had forgotten about that, i never did test it to see if it affected the game end time but now i know. hmmm ill have to see if i can find a way to extend the time at the finish too. well here is a new global file. unzip it and just drop it in your XML folder and it will take care of that for you.

JEELEN
Jan 04, 2008, 01:17 AM
:goodjob: Just had a look at your mod: looking good! (Perhaps you could release a patch though... I also noticed that your mod's not yet listed in the DL Database.) Certain units (Axeman, Crossbowmen) don't display properly (it may be a graphics issue).

On another note: I discovered compatibility with certain scenarios available - would you mind if I made 1 or 2 scenarios for NewDestiny?:hatsoff:

mamba
Jan 04, 2008, 01:40 AM
@ Lachlan hmmm i dont know why that would happen as i definitly have the full interface and that was one of the areas of the game that i didnt do anything at all to but ill check and make sure i didnt leave something out or acidently change it somehow.

You don't have to do anything to have problems with the interface, sometimes I have vanished buttons, sometimes no interface at all due to incorrect unit xml definitions (i.e. refering to an art_def_unit which does not exist).

No idea why that interferes with the interface, but it can, so I guess you should check that all your roman definitions are ok, as I only get those glitches when playing the civ with the xml bugs.

EDIT: this is meant as general advice, I have not played your mod, so it does not refer to your mod.

mice
Jan 04, 2008, 02:33 AM
I'm playing as the Russains and getting no problems.

I just unzipped that globaldefines file into my XML folder in case my game was going to end early.

Lachlan
Jan 04, 2008, 05:45 AM
I will redownload it

Zuul
Jan 04, 2008, 08:18 AM
Can't find v1.2. But I guess you are uploading it.

Brave Sir Robin
Jan 04, 2008, 08:24 AM
ok Brave Sir Robin i think i know what happened. i remembered that i was playing around with the starting time of the game and it was set to 6000 BC instead of 4000 BC and thats probally why it was ending at 50 AD. sorry about that i had forgotten about that, i never did test it to see if it affected the game end time but now i know. hmmm ill have to see if i can find a way to extend the time at the finish too. well here is a new global file. unzip it and just drop it in your XML folder and it will take care of that for you.

actually I had already made this change myself but once I did that
epic speed only had 660 turns which is what it is in vanilla -warlords.
in Bts epic is 750 so the game speed .xml is not being accessed properly :confused:
I wouldn't have ANY idea why it is doing this because it is loading properly

lord_graywolfe
Jan 04, 2008, 08:39 AM
@JLNijholt Im glad your liking it so far. i wouldnt mind at all if you made some senerios. if by not being in DL database you refer to it not being on filefront right now i dont know why that happened. i uploading it again to them. were the units that werent displaying correctly from a specific civ or was it from all of them?

@Mamba thanks for the advice :) ill take it. ill go through and check the roman units but i started up a game with the romans and had no problems.

@mice glad to hear it at least someone is able to enjoy it without alot of problems lol ;)

@Zuul yeah i uploaded it last night but when i checked on it this morning it wasnt there so im doing it again. will take about 2 hours for it get posted.

@ Brave sir Robin wow i really have no idea why it would access the older stuff. ill dig around in there somemore and see if i can find the problem

thank you for everyones feedback and suggestions so far. i am open to ideas for change in the mod if anyone has some. :)

lord_graywolfe
Jan 04, 2008, 11:05 AM
ok after looking over the game speeds i found that the odyssey had been set kind odd. im not sure what modcomp that it came but i redid it so that it is now 2000 turns. i checked the epic and it is has 750 turns so i dont know why its not working right. i cant find or think of anything else that would shorten the game or alter the number of turns but ill keep looking. if anyone else has an idea on what would do it im all ears lol.

mice
Jan 04, 2008, 12:24 PM
@mice glad to hear it at least someone is able to enjoy it without alot of problems lol ;)

I'm enjoying it a lot actually. Playing as Russia the units are really good. I'm acustomed to Marnz mod so the new stuff is familiar, and the tech tree changes are subtle. I also like that the civics are not radically different.

I miss BUG mod in it, but that would be a time consuming task and out of my ability range.

Lachlan, have you got anything in your custom assets? that will kill your interface. Clear out cust.Ass. and see if that's it. Sorry if that's a noob solution - just offering an idea.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 04, 2008, 10:46 PM
well i didnt want to change the exsisting stuff alot more just filling in where i thought it was needed. i did move a few things though, i thought it was stupid for the cavalry and cuirassier to both show up at the same time for one thing when the cuirassier upgrades to the cavalry. well Mice if after youve played it abit if you have any suggestions for changes to the game let me know im sure there are plenty of ideas i havnt thought of.

i would like some imput for a 3rd UU for each civ from everyone. some of them i already have an idea for but most i do not. i had to make up some UUs for the 2nd one of a couple civs already and id rather not do that to many times.

depending on how things go with the mod the next changes im thinking about doing are to add a future upgrade for the battleship, cruiser ,destroyer and transport. probally the fighter and bomber too. im also thinking about making the fighter planes a regular unit that you move like all the others instead of just rebasing them. they would be able to move with the stacks then and attack anything anywhere, the gunships can already do this though so im not sure.

JEELEN
Jan 06, 2008, 08:40 AM
@JLNijholt Im glad your liking it so far. i wouldnt mind at all if you made some senerios. if by not being in DL database you refer to it not being on filefront right now i dont know why that happened. i uploading it again to them. were the units that werent displaying correctly from a specific civ or was it from all of them?

I especially like the double UU's! (I meant the mod wasn't listed in the Civfanatics DL Database as an available mod.) I was playing the French and noticed their Axemen hardly showed or appeared as Warriors. Moving Arab Horse Archers were hardly visible, as were combatanimations. (This may be a graphics issue related to my own computer - I got the same thing with certain units in Fall from Heaven.) Also, there appear texts like "onCityCapture=True" on the screen. Still:goodjob: so far!

lord_graywolfe
Jan 06, 2008, 09:34 AM
well i dont know when or if they will put this in the site download section i dont think thats up to me :). im glad your enjoying it and like i said above im planing on adding a s 3rd UU for each civ as soon as i can come up with a good one for everyone.

as to the graphics im not sure whats up with that, im not having that problem so it may be just on your end. i have all my graphic settings on max in the game, i didnt think those settings would transfer with the game but you might check the graphics tab under the options to see what it is set at.

the text showing up is it red at the top of the screen? if so that is from the Enhanced Tech conquest modcomp that i merged with mine. ive been trying to find out why it does that and if there is a way i can stop it and keep that part of the mod working cause i find it annoying lol.

JEELEN
Jan 06, 2008, 10:07 AM
well i dont know when or if they will put this in the site download section i dont think thats up to me :)

That's why I mentioned it: you're supposed to do it yourself (and I for one think it should definitely be in there!)...:mischief: :thumbsup:

lord_graywolfe
Jan 06, 2008, 11:12 AM
That's why I mentioned it: you're supposed to do it yourself (and I for one think it should definitely be in there!)...:mischief: :thumbsup:

Well ill be i didnt know that, ive gone and added it to the download section now. i thought that was upto the admin on who got put there lol. thanks JLNijholt

oh and like i told mice if you have any ideas or suggestions on things to add or change please let me know :)

lord_graywolfe
Jan 09, 2008, 02:16 PM
ok Sir Robin i finally figured out why the game speeds where coming with the old warlords times instead of the BtS times.
you need to go into assests/modules/Next War and delete the file NextWar_CIV4GamespeedInfo, that will fix the problem.

i also changed the odyssey game speed. it still starts at 4000BC and goes for 2000 turns but it now ends in 3100AD instead of 2050.

i am posting the upgrade file in post #1

unzip the gamespeed xml file and drop into the GameInfo folder.

these will probally not work right with a saved game as it changes the number turns in a game. you can try it though.

EDIT: ok i pulled the game speed change cause after i did some more testing on it i found that the numbers arent working out quite right. at least not from about the halfway point on. so if i can get it working right ill put back up otherwise im leaving it out.

Dithmarscher
Jan 12, 2008, 03:51 AM
...very nice mod :goodjob: ! No CTDs :eek: !

I just found some minor things:

- the brigantine (replaces the privateer for the pirate-empire) should be always hostile, otherwise it can not attack any ships without declaring war. No pirate declares war :p ...

- i can not build any corporations. I do have the ressources, the technology and the necessary great person, but i can not push the button in the menu. The button exists but can not be activated.

Hexed
Jan 12, 2008, 04:42 PM
OK really like this mod. Alot of nice things going on in it, but here are a few things I noticed that are wrong (I think unless they were meant to be done).

1. Can't change City Names.

Tried a few civs and couldn't change the city names from their base names (acutally could type in something new but when I hit OK the name wasn't changed)

2. AI's weren't getting tribal villages, they would walk right through them. This made the game very unbalanced (though a bit fun too ;*) )

Also was wondering if you would add a mod for different Civics?

Thanks for the work on the Mod though. Hope it keeps up.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 12, 2008, 10:48 PM
Im glad your enjoying it.

@Dithmarscher:
hmmm i hadnt thought about the brigatine always being hostile. its a really good idea. ill look into that and see if i can make it work :)

ok the button for the corps i dont know about. i will look and try and find out what happened there. i might have changed something i shouldnt have.

@Hexed : i noticed that a little while ago about the city names but i havnt figured out why yet. it really irritates me and im trying to fix it. you also cant change the name on your general, units or anything else that ive seen. i just hope its not part of the python code from the one of the other mods i incorparated into mine, im no good with python.

the AI not getting the goody huts i also just noticed a little while ago while playing. im looking into that one too trying to find out why. it is nice not to have to worry about them getting to them first but as you said its also not very fair.

what kind of changes in the civics are you thinking of? its something i would think about. if i did it would depend on what the changes where. im trying not to so much change what is there, except to fix what i think are mistakes, but to add to it.

i will do an upgrade, after i fix a few minor bugs, and add a few changes to the mod. im hoping to get more feedback on whats good and whats broke and what might need changing. hasnt been alot of posts about this even though there have been over 70 downloads so either its really boring or they havnt found anything to complain about lol. but by the end of the month at the latest i will have a new version up with fixes and new stuff. the fixes i will put up in the first post as i find them too.

thanks both of you for trying it and leting me know how its been working for you :D

mice
Jan 13, 2008, 01:07 AM
I havent had enough play time to be able to get a feel for the tech tree changes and then be able to make any suggestions. I think the mod needs time to absorb the changes because they are subtle.

I have one gripe, and it's the art for the Roman late units. They have ancient Roman look on a grenadier. It doesn't match by my opinion, but that's just someone else's art work that you used I know. I hate to complain because I cant mod to save myself, but you did ask for feedback.

Personally I like that the civics aren't changed. You can go to Marnznmod of that. This mod seems to me to be about tech tree and unit stat differences, with some key wonders to help direct your strat. I like Underground tomb of Marnz and other mods because you can get to 0% war wariness if you try, earlier than jails and Rushmore. It might be OP, but just a thought.

Hexed
Jan 13, 2008, 05:25 AM
Im glad your enjoying it.

@Hexed : i noticed that a little while ago about the city names but i havnt figured out why yet. it really irritates me and im trying to fix it. you also cant change the name on your general, units or anything else that ive seen. i just hope its not part of the python code from the one of the other mods i incorparated into mine, im no good with python.

the AI not getting the goody huts i also just noticed a little while ago while playing. im looking into that one too trying to find out why. it is nice not to have to worry about them getting to them first but as you said its also not very fair.

what kind of changes in the civics are you thinking of? its something i would think about. if i did it would depend on what the changes where. im trying not to so much change what is there, except to fix what i think are mistakes, but to add to it.

thanks both of you for trying it and leting me know how its been working for you :D

Thanks for the quick response. Hope you can find out what is wrong with both the issues and that it isn't too hard to fix. As for the Civics, I am not really sure, but I have seen some Mods (can't think of the names off top of the head) that have done them in a more reasonable way, there just isn't enough choice and honestly I always need up seeing only 1 useful one per Civic in the straight game. I know that doesn't help much but let me think about it and get back to you.

Here is one with a more balanced Civics MARNZMOD. They were inspired by Visa which did a great job too.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 13, 2008, 09:46 AM
I havent had enough play time to be able to get a feel for the tech tree changes and then be able to make any suggestions. I think the mod needs time to absorb the changes because they are subtle.

I have one gripe, and it's the art for the Roman late units. They have ancient Roman look on a grenadier. It doesn't match by my opinion, but that's just someone else's art work that you used I know. I hate to complain because I cant mod to save myself, but you did ask for feedback.

well it sounds like i achieved what i wanted with the tech tree anyway :). there will be one more change in the next version as well as some additions in the future age. yes i did ask for feedback and im glad to get it. ok the late roman units look im sorry to say isnt something i can fix as i no nothing about graphics. i can pass it on to mamba as he is the one that did 90% of the graphics in this mod, or you can also tell him in the Diversica thread. he did just update is mod and i will be using his new one in my next upgrade so maybe it has changed. sorry i cant take care of that little issue for you but i do appreciate the feedback :).

Personally I like that the civics aren't changed. You can go to Marnznmod of that. This mod seems to me to be about tech tree and unit stat differences, with some key wonders to help direct your strat. I like Underground tomb of Marnz and other mods because you can get to 0% war wariness if you try, earlier than jails and Rushmore. It might be OP, but just a thought.

the civics are one of the areas that i never really worried about as they seemed fine to me for the most part.i might wish a couple of them came a bit earlier but i think that would unbalance the game if i did that. ive played Marnznmod and its good but he has more changes than i like. i hadnt noticed the Underground Tomb. is that a wonder they put in?

Thanks for the quick response. Hope you can find out what is wrong with both the issues and that it isn't too hard to fix.

well good news is i think if found the problem, the bad news is it means a whole new mod upload and not a patch. im still looking it over though but if im right it will fix your problem as well as the one Dithmarscher ran across and maybe the small issue Lachlan had.

As for the Civics, I am not really sure, but I have seen some Mods (can't think of the names off top of the head) that have done them in a more reasonable way, there just isn't enough choice and honestly I always need up seeing only 1 useful one per Civic in the straight game. I know that doesn't help much but let me think about it and get back to you.

Here is one with a more balanced Civics MARNZMOD. They were inspired by Visa which did a great job too.

i will look at Marnznmod again and his Civics. where you thinking of a change in the exsisting civics or adding new ones? Marnznmod is probally pretty close to mine in alot of things since they are both based on Arma's mod :). i like Marnzmod but i found that he changed a few to many things and added a few to many things for mine own taste. thats why i made this one like i did. i will look at the civics though.

mamba
Jan 13, 2008, 11:52 AM
there will be one more change in the next version as well as some additions in the future age. yes i did ask for feedback and im glad to get it. ok the late roman units look im sorry to say isnt something i can fix as i no nothing about graphics. i can pass it on to mamba as he is the one that did 90% of the graphics in this mod, or you can also tell him in the Diversica thread. he did just update is mod and i will be using his new one in my next upgrade so maybe it has changed.

No need to tell me, I follow this mod (though I haven't played it yet) ;)

The graphics for the roman units have not changed in 0.70

lord_graywolfe
Jan 13, 2008, 11:31 PM
lol well thanks for chiming in and letting us know Mamba. i apprecitate it, if you havnt tried it yet maybe you should wait about a week until 1.5 is out ;)

Dithmarscher
Jan 16, 2008, 01:48 AM
I gave it a second try to find out what is wrong with the corporations. Maybe it is just the Civilopediaentry :rolleyes: .

It says for example, that you need ONE of the resources corn, wheat and rice to build the Standard Ethanol .

In the first try owned two of these three resources and was unable to build it, in the second try i owned all three.....now i was able to build the corporation ;) !

So what is wrong...the Civilopediaentry ?

lord_graywolfe
Jan 16, 2008, 08:54 AM
@ Dithmarscher hmmm it could well be a mistype in the pedia. ive never paid attention to the corporations and i havnt changed anything on them or they text for them in the pedia so if its an error it came that way :confused: . i can change the pedia entry though to show it needs all the resources. or maybe change the corp itself to needing 1. let me look at it.

well i just finished doing the new 1.5 version, and it seems i will be doing a small patch for it soon already lol, and it is posted in the first post along with the changes in it.

EDIT: i accidently uploaded the wrong version earlier :( the correct 1.5 will be up in about 2 hours sorry about that. ok the correct version is up now and ready to go

JEELEN
Jan 17, 2008, 12:30 AM
Your DL page still says the actual file will be uploaded in 2 hrs time; there's also no size indicated (as it's 307.91 MB you might want to mention that; you can easily edit your DL page). Downloading now.:goodjob:

lord_graywolfe
Jan 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
yeah ive changed all the pages i had it posted on to say its now ready. i started the upload last night and went to bed before it was finished. the first version wasnt bad but it wasnt finished i hadnt added in the 2nd UUs yet on that one. i didnt realized what i had done untill a few hours after putting it up when i was playing it myself and realized the second UU wasnt there.

well enjoy everyone, im going to try and play and entire game all the way through. something i havnt been able to do in sometime lol. but please let me know of any problems or ideas you have

oh and hexed i am working on a some additions for the civics but at the moment they are causing game problems so ill have them up when i can get them working right.

JEELEN
Jan 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
Errr, OK, does this mean I'll have to download again? (And you can ofcourse skip the DL Database, but is the file there the latest - the one you just uploaded to Filefront - or what?):confused:

lord_graywolfe
Jan 17, 2008, 11:04 AM
if it says 1.5 then it is the latest. if it says 1.4 then you need to download again. all the file links are upto date. the current one was uploaded last night the time stamp on my post says 10.34 am and that was when it started. so it would have been up by 12: 45 pm yesterday, :D sorry about the confusion and the file size for the correct one is 308 MB a bit bigger than 1.4 which was 301 MB

JEELEN
Jan 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
Ok, thx, got it (the right one)!;)

lord_graywolfe
Jan 17, 2008, 11:05 PM
Glad to hear it :D have fun and let me know if you find anything wrong or have any ideas about changes ;)

oh did you ever get started on those senerios you were talking about ?

Kalimakhus
Jan 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
I am downloading the latest release ATM and I will come with feedback once I give it a trial. For now I have a little request. It is quite a huge download. I don't mind it for each main release. However would you consider releasing patches in between.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 18, 2008, 10:30 PM
yes i will do small upgrade patches for anything that needs fixed or if i have something small to add. i will give it awhile to try and find anything that might be wrong or missing as well as maybe get a few new ideas and then i will do another rewrite. maybe next month. im sorry it is such a big file, ive tried making it smaller and have removed everything i felt comfortable with getting rid of. i tried using the pak files to reduce the art file size but they never work out right for me :rolleyes: so this is the size it is at, which is smaller than version 1.3 was :). thanks for giving it a try. :D

JEELEN
Jan 19, 2008, 03:18 AM
Glad to hear it :D have fun and let me know if you find anything wrong or have any ideas about changes ;)

I haven't got much time to actually play anything, as my 600 BC for BTS scenario seems to crash on some people's comp and fixing this is giving me a bad headache...

oh did you ever get started on those senerios you were talking about ?

I did; I've got a 750 AD and 1000 AD setup. (Will get back to you on that and thx for reminding me);)

JEELEN
Jan 19, 2008, 04:51 AM
Did a little checkup. Sorry to report that both my scenario setups crashed on impact with the latest version...:(

lord_graywolfe
Jan 19, 2008, 09:14 AM
hmmm sorry to hear that. must have to do with some of the changes this time around. i left off 2 Modcomp files that werent working out last time and also removed some of the xml files that i hadnt made changes in and didnt really need to include to make the file smaller. well unless i need to do a major rewrite for some reason there wont be another full mod upload, it will be pataches and addons so you wont have to worry about me changing stuff on you again :)

so what kind of senerios were you making anyway, or do you prefer for us to wait and see when they are ready ;)

JEELEN
Jan 19, 2008, 10:54 AM
so what kind of senerios were you making anyway, or do you prefer for us to wait and see when they are ready ;)

I would - as I am a bit of perfectionist, but an impatient one - but I was just checking how existing scenarios would work out with NewDestiny. (It's an odd habit of mine to see if any scenarios will work with mods out there...) I will try again later,;) as I'm currently updating my 600 BC for BTS scenario, due to some gamecrash reports.:hammer:

JEELEN
Jan 20, 2008, 06:46 AM
Tried out the 18civmap at Normal speed,but the game crashed...:confused:

lord_graywolfe
Jan 20, 2008, 08:54 AM
hmmmm thats a bit odd, course ive never tested that combo as i usally play marathon or odyssy with large maps and 10 civs. not even sure where to begin to look for a reason for that CTD. i will try to find an answer though.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 20, 2008, 09:24 AM
ok i found an issue with some of the unit graphics. after checking with mamaba i found that i had goofed up and mixed 2 different versions of Diversica, an older and a newer, during my last rewrite. so i have uploaded the folder that had the mistake. unzip it go inside assests/modules and drop it there. that should take care of the graphics problem if you are experiencing any. oh and this will not work with a saved game. ive put the patch in the first post. thanks Zuul :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6319420&postcount=1

Zuul
Jan 21, 2008, 06:39 PM
Add a link in first post :).

lord_graywolfe
Jan 21, 2008, 08:01 PM
ok Hexed there is a civic program that i tried and works fine with my mod, i didnt run into a single problem with. the next major upload i do i will either put a version with this in it as well as a version without it, or i will just keep it as an add on file. but untill then here is a link to the thread you can download it from.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4812351&postcount=1

Sword_Of_Geddon
Jan 29, 2008, 10:56 AM
Hey Lordgreywolf can you add new strategy entrys to the units you added(including the future ones). Even if they are simple. It would add to the completeness of this mod.

lord_graywolfe
Jan 29, 2008, 07:28 PM
yeah i know i have a few text files to finish off, i wasnt as concerned with them as i was to ironing out problems and so they got forgoten lol. i am going to put in something for the next release cause i want it finished then :). so other than the missing text files anything else good or bad with the game?

Sword_Of_Geddon
Jan 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'll let you know once I finish a full game it looks great so far man...:goodjob:

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 06, 2008, 07:53 PM
one thing you should add in the next version is the Iroquois civ from Diversica, I think they add alot to the game.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 07, 2008, 07:41 AM
hmmm ok i can do that. it will be no problem to add them back in and i can live with another north american civ. im also considering adding australia if i can find all the info i need on it or a premade version of it. :)

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 07, 2008, 11:27 AM
thats awesome. Are you also going to update to the newest version of Diversica?

JEELEN
Feb 07, 2008, 01:36 PM
hmmm ok i can do that. it will be no problem to add them back in and i can live with another north american civ. im also considering adding australia if i can find all the info i need on it or a premade version of it. :)

I think CIV Gold has added Australia as a civ - if you're interested.;)

JEELEN
Feb 07, 2008, 01:37 PM

I think CIV Gold has added Australia as a civ - if you're interested.;)

Lachlan
Feb 07, 2008, 03:56 PM
Why not add Stone Age at 6000 BC ?

Because if we have the far Future we should have the far Past, no ?

lord_graywolfe
Feb 07, 2008, 08:00 PM
@SOG probally not. ill have to check to see what he has done for the next version. the last one he didnt do any changes that i wanted in. i have all the units in that i wanted to add.

@JEELEN thanks ill check it out. it will be alot easier if there is already one that i wont have to do any changes to, well maybe a few small ones.

@Lachlan i originally had it set to start at 6000BC but that caused a problem with the end time of the game. it would stop just after 100 AD. if i can work out a way to add 2000 more years to the game without causing more problems i will put that back in. it took me a little bit of time to figure out the right formula to add extra 500 years in odessey speed without throwing it out of wack, but i am working on it. at this point it may end up being 5000BC though.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 07, 2008, 09:01 PM
Version 80 adds in the rest of the Sioux and Iroquois units, and also Bakuel's excellent new Incan units. All of them are incredible.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 08, 2008, 07:19 AM
ahh well then i guess i will be upgrading it lol. ah well its just another rewrite :twitch: . well im trying to play all the way through a game to look for things that i missed or need changes, and ive found some small things, so as soon as i do that ill start putting the next version together for release. shouldnt take to long once i start. course finishing an odessy speed game is taking some time but hey thats what i made it for lol.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 08, 2008, 07:40 AM
You will not be dissapointed..;)

mamba
Feb 08, 2008, 09:22 AM
You should wait for the next release though, which isn't that far off (waiting for sakhr's indian units, which he wanted to release this week). ;)

lord_graywolfe
Feb 09, 2008, 08:25 AM
thats cool. it will take me awhile yet to finish a game and im going to do that before i start getting the next version together. so i will start soon after you have your next version up mamba :)

Kalimakhus
Feb 10, 2008, 08:55 AM
I just wanted to say that I had the chance of playing a game up to the future era. I played on normal speed though I usually don't like it but I wanted to get an idea of the mod as a whole. I must say that there are so many exciting features. I like your work on the tech tree in the early stages up to the industrial era. Later on the normal speed misses up the flow of the game as techs comes in too fast.

One note is that playing as China, I've got no galleons nor do I get a replacement for them. Also Caravels don't upgrade to any more advanced transport ships. I am not sure if this is intended.

By any means I enjoyed the mod so much and I am looking forward to what you will do with the next release. Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
thank you very much Kalimakhus :) im glad you enjoyed it. i dont generally play on normal either for just that reason that the industrial on techs seem to come to fast and the units are often obsolete before you can build more than one ore two. sorry about china not having a galleon, ill look into that and try to make sure its fixed in the next version, if its not major ill put up a patch for it before that. the caravel should of upgraded to the galleon then the galleon to the steam ship. so i must have missed a couple of things in there when i was moving stuff around. thanks for letting me know. :D

lord_graywolfe
Feb 10, 2008, 05:01 PM
ok i think i figured out what happened there and ive put a patch for it in post 1. thanks for letting me know again Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus
Feb 10, 2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks for your good work and prompt action.

One further note. Resources icons don't show up in the city screen. I know working with gamefont.tga is quite painful. However you may try using some file from another modpack that has the same custom resources you added. I haven't tried that but it might not hurt if the file has more resources than needed. Unreferenced icons shouldn't make a problem if you use the right index for the used ones.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 11, 2008, 07:19 AM
ok ill look into that. mamba has added almost all the resourses i did to his mod pack and when i upgrade mine i will be upgrading diversica too so that might take care of it. if not ill shop around a bit ;). thats something i hadnt even thought about actually, thanks again Kalimakhus. :)

oh and while im pretty sure that the patch will fix the problem with china we wont know for sure untill someone tries it lol. there could be a hundred little problems in this mod that no one has found yet. :)

Kalimakhus
Feb 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks man!!

I've started a new game with the Celts this time. It might be a while before I go back to China. I however liked the traits combo of Qin so much. Ind + Pro was good but adding Cre sure made him one of the best leaders. BTW having 3 traits is one of the nicest things in New Distny. :goodjob:

In my current game I had Monty to the north. As the well known saying goes "Good Monty is a dead Monty", I decided to get rid of him before he becomes a menace. Having AH and a Horses resources I opted for a chariot rush. My scouting affirmed that the guy has no access to metals while destroying his efforts to improve a horses resource in his capital's cultural boundaries was my first act of war. Confident that the best I can meet are a punch of Warriors or at best Archers I marched my stack of chariots up to his capital, where I found awaiting me nothing less than Jaguars :eek: . Needless to say my chariots failed miserably. As I wouldn't allow such an injured leopard to live for a pay back day. I continued the war with Axes supported Chariots stack that fulfilled the mission only because Monty conducted his troops deployment quite badly.

OK, the conclusion. Jaguars don't need metals. Being available with BW as per New Destiny just seems a little too much. I think they can require copper or iron like other swordsmen. Being a UU they might get a buff in their stats. Bonus against archers for example can always be nice for city attackers.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
well if i remember right the jags have never needed metals, that was how they game right out of the box. now i did up thier stats to equal the swordsman they replace as i thought it was stupid for a UU to have worse stats than the unit it replaced. now the jags are the same as any regular swordsman in stats, thier only advantage is not needing the metals. if they come up against highlanders, praets or one of the other UU swordsman they will get clobbered. if you think it will be more balanced i can make them require metals and give them a higher combat number.

oh in the next version ill make sure everyone gets thier 2nd UU. they were suppose to be in this one but i noticed that a few got left out. just another goof and oversite :blush: .

also im glad you like the 3 traits. if you see any of the leaders that you think the traits arent quite right let me know. the list of how i broke them up is in the first post in case anyone wants to check it.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 12, 2008, 08:25 AM
Just don't forget to reinclude the Iroquois civ....they are loads of fun to play as.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 12, 2008, 07:23 PM
lol yeah SoG i will make sure to keep them in this time ;)

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 12, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thankyou for including them I am grateful to you.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 20, 2008, 01:24 PM
I have a suggestion for the next version as well, maybe include some final frontier techs in, that way the new future units come later and you have more to research. Also maybe include a stealth fighter, I think that would be cool. And for some fun maybe a modern infantry, and Zerver's Future Infantry: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7287

lord_graywolfe
Feb 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
hmmm well ill look at the final frontier techs and see if there are any techs i like. as to the stealth fighter it is already in the game, the f117 comes in at the same time as the stealth bomber. the future infantry i have a upgrade from the mech infantry to the anti-grav infantry, i would like to find a better graphics model for the unit though as the one i have doesnt do much but it does look kinda cool lol. i also have the future marine and paratroopers in there already too. thanks for the ideas SoG and i will look at Zervers stuff.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 21, 2008, 08:43 AM
Your quite welcome. I should clarify when I said modern infantry I mean a human unit, rather than a machine, like in Avain's modern era expansion to his VD mod. Basically they are cheap good defensive units, alternatives to the more expensive Mech Infantry, and as a bonus they can be drafted.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 25, 2008, 07:54 AM
Hey SoG sorry i didnt get back to your post earlier. well did you know i had the clones in the future area of the game? they are cheap easy to build units that are good city defenders but not good for much else.

one other thing i discovered when playing the game, which i still havnt played a game all the way through yet lol, that the corporate buttons still dont work. at least they didnt for me, i have no idea what i did to mess them up but ill try to find it as i make the new version. if anyone else has discovered it and fixed it on thier own id love to hear what you did lol. cause im stumped at this point on the problem

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 25, 2008, 07:56 AM
Maybe you could ask Mamba or someone, or Geomodder, they might know?

lord_graywolfe
Feb 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
well when i make the next version ill try and test the corp buttons at each step to find out where the problem is. i thought i had fixed it earlier when i corrected some other interface issues but i guess not. sigh :crazyeye:. makes me wonder now if the colony option is working since it was also a problem earier.

Hey SoG you going to try to start up a mod for Civ IV? i know you had a really cool one for Civ III

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 25, 2008, 08:25 AM
I can't figure out XML(other than very very basic) every time I try to it crashes. But I might make a module mod of everything I like(civ4 poor-mans modding) and release that. I'm waiting for the new version of Civ Gold, I have a plan on combining it with VD if I can accomplish it it will be amazing.

lord_graywolfe
Feb 25, 2008, 09:26 PM
sounds cool SoG :). im sure youll figure it out, you had a dang good mod going in Civ III. good luck with it and if you need a little help let me know. dont know if ill be of any help but i can try ;). as long as its not python anyway lol.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Feb 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
I actually still play Civ3, I play Civ4 to...Its all Civ to me lol..

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 02, 2008, 11:47 AM
New version of Diversica is out, man oh man its time to update I can't wait! :goodjob:

lord_graywolfe
Mar 03, 2008, 07:40 AM
lol ok ill get right on it. give me a couple of weeks to get it all together and to double check it. hopfully i wont miss as much this time through, i know ill probally miss a couple of things no matter how much i go over it though ;). ill try to have the next one up by st pattys day :). but no promises lol things can always go wrong.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 03, 2008, 07:45 AM
lol....don't forget to reinclude de iroquois. But don't overwork yourself if it takes awile I'm fine with it.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 03, 2008, 12:37 PM
Heres some units I think you should include in the next version:

Cyborg Tank: (Upgrades from Modern Armor, not as strong as Dreadnought however)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3543

Cyborg Infantry(doesn't require cloning factory, upgrades from Marine, Paratrooper, SAM Infantry)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3535

The civilopedia behind these units could be that they finally got over the fear of advanced robotics, no longer fearing a robotic rebellion, instead getting loyal cyborg soldiers and machines.

lord_graywolfe
Mar 03, 2008, 09:03 PM
they cyborg tank looks cool and it would work for a robot tank i was thinking about. i have another upgrade from the modern armor already, the hover/ anti-grav tank, but wanted to add a cheaper model. I already have cyborg infantry in my game and they are the upgrade from the paratroopers. the SAM infantry upgrades to mobile SAM and that upgrades to the hover infantry unit. i was hoping to have a guy with a jet pack or something for that but i had to settle for a vehicle oh well. the marines have thier own upgrade to the star marines.

another unit ive been thinking about adding in if i can find it is a jeep, WWII style jeep for a recon unit that could upgrade to the HMV. but i havnt found one so ill just have the explorer upgrade into the infantry line. i hate unit lines that deadend before the end of the game.

mamba
Mar 03, 2008, 11:28 PM
another unit ive been thinking about adding in if i can find it is a jeep, WWII style jeep for a recon unit that could upgrade to the HMV. but i havnt found one so ill just have the explorer upgrade into the infantry line. i hate unit lines that deadend before the end of the game.

You mean something like this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=206943) ? ;)

lord_graywolfe
Mar 04, 2008, 07:58 AM
lol yeah something like that. thanks mamaba. i should of guessed sanuf would of done one but most of his threads are pretty old and hard to find. i will definitely use that one. now i just have to track down the HMV i saw earlier and im good. :D

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 05, 2008, 10:42 AM
Just one last reminder, don't forget to update the Civilopedia for all the units in the mod that don't have descriptions. What I mean by that is strategy entries. If you want you could write civilopedia entries for them, using your imagination to come up with histories for them, but thats not necessary.

lord_graywolfe
Mar 06, 2008, 07:11 AM
lol yeah i know SoG, ill try to keep the discriptions as realistic as possible but on a couple of the units i made up ill have to make up thier history too. the stratagey im to worried about, if i dont have one for a unit ill tell it to leave the field blank. I will be doing my best to make sure the mod is complete this time through, of course i will still need others to play test it to make sure i didnt miss anything or dig up any bugs i may have created ;).

HMMM the 100th post on this thread, never thought that would happen lol.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 06, 2008, 07:43 AM
This thread went by fast lol.

mice
Mar 06, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'm playing New Destiny now on Odessey speed. Only problem is that after a successful axe rush I dominate the AI and don't see me losing my grip - Prince .

What I really like is the military buildings so you can specialize your cities even more.

Playing the Scots . The Highlander is very good. Philo-Ind helps ;)

lord_graywolfe
Mar 07, 2008, 07:52 AM
@SoG yeah it sure seemed to lol oh well at least most of it wasnt complaints or problems :)

@mice yeah i love playing the scots too, at first glance the highlander probally dosnt seem all that great since thier bonus is guerilla 2 but i found that with right combo or promos they were very deadly.phi-ind is nice and the protective dosnt hurt either ;). i also redid the celts and the gallic swordsman so they also are more of a threat than before.

the oddessy speed makes the game very long and drawn out but that is the purpose of it. depending on who your playing with dont count on sitting quietly. ive had Morgan in almost every game ive played and he is a real pain in the middle game, i have never been able to take him out untill late in the game. with the 3rd trait it has made some of the leaders harder to get rid of :). which to me is a good thing, makes the game more interesting. well as long as your enjoying it thats all that matters since the whole purpose of this is fun :D.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 07, 2008, 09:48 AM
My only problem with the mod is the random religion thing. I wish you didn't have that but oh well.

lord_graywolfe
Mar 07, 2008, 08:42 PM
its one of the things they changed that i did like, being able to choose what religion you are founding. especially for my mod since its all about rewriting history and creating a new destiny for your civ :). now i just wish the AI would stop telling me to convert to a religion that i founded lol. it gets annoying

JEELEN
Mar 07, 2008, 11:49 PM
I seem to remember there being a "Choose Religion" option.;)

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 08, 2008, 01:50 PM
Guess I didn't play the mod enough(I avoided founding any religions since I thought the "founds a religion" ment random).

mice
Mar 08, 2008, 03:28 PM
I did an re-install of BTS and managed to lose my Odessey speed New Destiny game at turn 800 !

Nevermind. I was winning and just about to pound the last resistance with flight.

Good game and great mod.

lord_graywolfe
Mar 09, 2008, 09:11 AM
@ SoG yeah when you reach one of the religous techs it will let you choose to found any religion you want, provided it wasnt already founded somewhere else already.

@mice you lost the game when you were almost done :eek: , dang that sucks lol sorry man :sad: . well im glad your still enjoying it. i working on the next version now and hope to have it up in a week or two.

JEELEN
Mar 09, 2008, 11:36 AM
i working on the next version now and hope to have it up in a week or two.

(10 Chars worth of) :cooool:

lord_graywolfe
Mar 09, 2008, 08:39 PM
lol hmmm sounds like some one wants an idea of what is up and coming with the new version. ;)

PsiCorps
Mar 23, 2008, 02:10 PM
Just a quicky...
my only complaint with the mod was the spelling of medieval infantry. The first unit i upgraded was axe to midieval infantry. I did laugh but then i just kept playing as the mod was so good. all in all BRILLIANT.
What's coming in the next version and will i need to download the whole thing or will it just be a patch!?

lord_graywolfe
Mar 25, 2008, 07:33 AM
lol sorry about the typo there ill try and fix those :) thanks for pointing it out. the next version will require you to download the whole thing. as i am putting in mambas new version and that requires me to pretty much rewrite the whole thing. i hope this will be the last full version and there will only be minor upgrades in the future.

as to whats in the next one well i will be adding the iroquois and australia to the game. mambas new graphics, JKPs latest events as well as a small addition to the civics for the future age. new national wonder, trafalgar square, 2 new units in the scout line, the jeep and the HMV. a future robot tank and a few other little things here and there. the rest will be fixing mistakes from the current version.

i wanted to have this done and out already but ran into problems, like flu season running rampant in my house :ack:, but im back on it now and am in the process of debugging it.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Mar 25, 2008, 08:21 AM
cool(Character limit)

Brave Sir Robin
Mar 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hey LORD G
Cant believe no one has found this bug yet :eek:

As you can see from the screen shot a prerequisite for building the apollo program is having the apollo program? :confused::crazyeye:

also as you can see from the icons I can build ss parts while not yet having built apollo because I cant
as near as i can tell none of the SS parts has the requirement of having built apollo
also when i discovered rocketry it did not obsolete the stables it obsoleted the horse resource

lord_graywolfe
Mar 30, 2008, 04:18 PM
hmmm thanks for pointing that out. not sure where that one came from as i didnt do anything with the apollo program but i will fix it. and ill also fix rocketry so it does away with stables not horses :) that one im sure that i messed up somewhere along that line. glad you pointed these out before i finished up the next version cause im sure they would be in it too.

mamba
Mar 30, 2008, 04:21 PM
hmmm thanks for pointing that out. not sure where that one came from as i didnt do anything with the apollo program but i will fix it. and ill also fix rocketry so it does away with stables not horses :) that one im sure that i messed up somewhere along that line. glad you pointed these out before i finished up the next version cause im sure they would be in it too.

The stables would be, but Apollo would not ;)

lord_graywolfe
Mar 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
oh what makes you say that mamba :)?

ok for those who want to know i am about 90% done. i have worked out all the bugs i have found, or were pointed out to me by others. the only things left to do are to add in the text files for the civlopedia and try and get the 2nd UUs for Austrailia and the Iroquios. i have been asked by a few to post what i have so they can start on it ;). give me 1 more week to try and nail down these last little things, and even if im not done with the text files i will go ahead and put it up and add the rest of the text files in the first patch ok :)

mamba
Mar 30, 2008, 11:26 PM
oh what makes you say that mamba :)?

As I found out, projects are not modular. The definitions were right, but CIV messed up, so I had to change the original file and include it under Assets/XML.

When you upgrade my mod, you will get that fix.

lord_graywolfe
Mar 31, 2008, 07:30 PM
well thats good to know mamba, but you still have it in your modules in diversica .90 and that was the one i used when i started. im not going to go back and redo mine to include .95 just cause your faster at upgrading than i am lol. it was in the next war folder in the next war projects xml. i removed it and the problem went away :). i figured it was just mine in the regular xml conflicting with the next war one in the modules. ive had that before, i put something in the regular xml and it doesnt show up or change cause its also in the modules so i have to change one or both ;). ill wait and see what your next upgrade has and decide if its stuff i want to add. :D

-

mamba
Mar 31, 2008, 09:39 PM
well thats good to know mamba, but you still have it in your modules in diversica .90 and that was the one i used when i started. im not going to go back and redo mine to include .95 just cause your faster at upgrading than i am lol.

It is fixed in 0.90, there is no projects xml in NextWar, just under Assets/XML.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 01, 2008, 07:58 AM
ahhh ok thats good well as soon as i get this up im sure someone will find more bugs for me to fix somewhere else ;) lol

lord_graywolfe
Apr 05, 2008, 03:46 PM
ok version 2.0 is up and the link is in post 1, along with info for the new version. i hope you all enjoy it. from here on out i will only be doing patches to add or change things in the game so no more full version downloads. this version is actually smaller than the earlier versions, quite a bit smaller than 1.3. so please let me hear your feedback and let me know of any bugs you may find so that they can be fixed thanks again :)

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 05, 2008, 08:29 PM
Cool its out...I will have to try it when I next start a game of Civ4...:goodjob:

About the red dots bug you should ask mamba about it..

lord_graywolfe
Apr 05, 2008, 10:23 PM
well i know mamba checks this thread often so im sure if its something he knows about he will tell me about it ;). its just weird that its the only graphic glitch in the whole thing.

JEELEN
Apr 06, 2008, 12:55 AM
DLed. (Haven't checked it out yet, but you might wanna link to thread on the DL Page, add a reference to the size of 226 MB and copy the "please remove previous version" instruction.);)

mamba
Apr 06, 2008, 01:09 AM
Cool its out...I will have to try it when I next start a game of Civ4...:goodjob:

About the red dots bug you should ask mamba about it..

What red dots bug (i.e. which units) ?

PsiCorps
Apr 06, 2008, 02:16 AM
Aaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhh.
Just loaded the Mod up and was looking forward to playing but there's no interface to use. Alt+I doesn't bring it up. Can't find anything else that controls the interface. Animals with the settlers do appear as red dots. Hang on, i dropped Civ down to do this post when i looked at it again to check what turn i was on some of the interface has appeard. Hmmm. Could this be a problem with my PC. Will play further and post again later.

PsiCorps
Apr 06, 2008, 02:24 AM
Yes, i have an interface, however, my first worker also appears as red dots. As you may have gathered i'm playing as i do this.

PsiCorps
Apr 06, 2008, 02:52 AM
Newly built settlers also appear with red dots. English Scouts don't appear to have any weapons and when units are attacked there are no combat sounds. Only the Victory or Defeat 'jingle'. Will have another go with another Civ after i have done the weekly shop.
Be seeing you.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 06, 2008, 08:09 AM
DLed. (Haven't checked it out yet, but you might wanna link to thread on the DL Page, add a reference to the size of 226 MB and copy the "please remove previous version" instruction.);)

ok i added a reference to the 226MB to both the 1st post here and the DL page. oh and both of those spots have the same download link for the game. :)

well Psicorps im trying to fix the problem with the red dots. thanks for letting me know its more than just the settlers that have the dots. i think i know what messed up on and am trying to fix it now i will post a patch as soon as i have it. now i havnt had any trouble with the interface when i was testing it. as to the sound i think that is tied to the other problem.

hey mamaba, well the settlers and apparently a couple of other units have red dots so im tracking down what i changed that messed it up and trying to fix it now. its not a problem with diversica so dont worry about that lol ;)

ok the patch is up in post one and should take care of the unit problems.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6319420#post6319420

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 06, 2008, 11:54 AM
Lord G
the patch does fix the red blob -pink blob problem
but here is a new one these are all of the civs that show to load and play

lord_graywolfe
Apr 06, 2008, 06:06 PM
rats....hmmm ok let me see what i messed up this time to cause that to happen.

ok i just checked on it and all the civs where there for me. so im not sure why they arent there for you, other than the modules folder being missing. so im guessing you deleted the old modules folder and then did you extract the patch and take the modules folder out of it and put it in your assets folder ?

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 07, 2008, 07:35 AM
rats....hmmm ok let me see what i messed up this time to cause that to happen.

ok i just checked on it and all the civs where there for me. so im not sure why they arent there for you, other than the modules folder being missing. so im guessing you deleted the old modules folder and then did you extract the patch and take the modules folder out of it and put it in your assets folder ?

YES and YES and the modules for all civs are present in the
beyond the sword \mods\newdestiny\assets\modules folder
edit
Lord G
I figured out what was wrong it had something to do with the specific way I download and name files
I had renamed the root file becuase i had a saved game in progress
so when I changed the name back it loaded properly :goodjob:
Great work

Kalimakhus
Apr 07, 2008, 12:56 PM
I wasn't able to comment on version 2.0 as actually I was getting a CTD on loading the mod every time. Seeing that no one else reported the same problem I decided to wait for a patch as some minor differences from one machine to another can make one error gives different effects. Anyway with the patch the mod loads normally for me and I was able to start a game and proceed with it.

Things I noticed:
- game text has been missed up since version 1.0. The text for Planetary map size is missing (I am sure it was there before). Diplo text for many leaders (including Asoka!!) is missing.
- 3D sound like units response, battle sounds, steps through forests and jungles, etc. is not working.

So far I met no serious problems of the kind that stops me from playing and enjoying the mod. Keep up the good work we will always be happy and grateful to have more:thanx:

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 07, 2008, 12:58 PM
I noticed the problem with the diplomacy text too...

lord_graywolfe
Apr 07, 2008, 07:28 PM
@Kalimakhus
im glad the 1st patch is letting you load and try the game now, i hope you enjoy it and dont find to many more problems. As to the planetary map text ill look into that next and try to get it back in. ill check on the sounds, not sure why they arent working, i know that some of the new units i added had very little in sound affects for them but all the regular ones should still be there.

@Sword_Of_Geddon & Kalimakhus
yeah i found that also and i have uploaded a patch to that should take care of the diplomacy problem.

@Brave Sir Robin
Glad you got it figured out and its working ok for you now. i should have posted about it not working with saved games. most patches wont

edit

ok got the planetry text back it is in patch 3 and ready to go.

i still dont know why there are missing sounds as the unit files still access the original game files, i havnt changed any of those. let me check with mamba and see if he has done any work on the sounds with Diversica.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 08, 2008, 09:33 AM
Hey Lord Greywolf have you considered adding in the new Mali, Incan and Ethiopian flavor units that Bakuel made? Maybe in a big optional patch?

lord_graywolfe
Apr 08, 2008, 07:07 PM
No i havnt thought about adding anything else yet. for one mamba is a lot faster than i am at getting updates ;) and i want to get this version completely bug free and working right before i worry about adding anything new to it :). so when i have this all ironed out ill check and see what version mamba is upto and what i can add with out doing another rewrite.

right now im still banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why some of the sounds arent working. :(

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 08, 2008, 10:00 PM
Ok no problem. I understand. I'm in the middle of a game, in the early industrial age, and for some reason one of my opponents has access to techno republic(probably threw the pyramids). I like your new upgrade paths btw. Cavalry to tanks etc. Bowmen to Musketmen etc. Very good ideas.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 08, 2008, 10:29 PM
im glad you like it SoG :), the unit upgrade chart in the civlopedia is a good way to see some of the changes in the game. both the new units added and the changes in the upgrade paths. yeah if they have techno repulic already they must have the pyrimids. that has to many requirements for them to be that far ahead of you.

ok i found the problem with the missing sounds and fixed it. patch 4 is now waiting in post #1 :D. if i have another patch, whether it is a another minor comsmetic fix or something serious i think ill have to wrap them all up in 2.5 for anyone that hasnt downloaded the mod yet. just so they dont have to download and install all the patches too :).

JEELEN
Apr 09, 2008, 03:32 AM
Seems I missed out on a few patches! (Just a thought: by not making use of the DL Database there may be quite a difference between those who DLed the mod and those who DLed the patches. But - for me anyway - there's no way to tell whithout a DL counter.);)

lord_graywolfe
Apr 09, 2008, 07:33 AM
hmmm good point i should list the number of patches in the DL too. thanks JEELEN :). as to the ones you missed out on only the first patch was real important. the other 3 affect game play very little.

PsiCorps
Apr 11, 2008, 05:18 AM
All the fixes have worked so far. I played a game last night once i had patched up the original and i found that once i had revealed the salt resource there was no way to exploit it. Unfortunately i had a CTD before i could investigate through the worldbuilder although when i had a worker on top of the resource there was no shaded icon to show the resource could be worked when i get a certain technology. Also when the cursor was placed over the resource it gave no indication of what technology and/or tile improvement would give access to it. Hope it's not a major problem.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 11, 2008, 07:40 AM
ill look into it and see whats up with it. it may just be missing a file path. that was one of the resourses mamba added in so it may not mesh with my mod and just have to be taken out. ill let you know what i find out and i hope thats the only problem you find ;)

quick question, has anyone else noticed 2 emoticons next to the civs names in the game ? i have 2 each, which is no big deal, but its suppose to be one.

mamba
Apr 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
ill look into it and see whats up with it. it may just be missing a file path. that was one of the resourses mamba added in so it may not mesh with my mod and just have to be taken out. ill let you know what i find out and i hope thats the only problem you find ;)

Add the CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml from Assets\XML\Terrain of 0.95 to fix that ;)

EDIT: It cannot hurt to get the resources dir from 0.95 as well, I believe I made some changes there too ;)

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 11, 2008, 10:04 AM
One of the plane units shows up as a red blob I was playing, very late game, 55 turns left. I don't know which one it was. All I know is that it was the Mayans who were flying it.

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
quick question, has anyone else noticed 2 emoticons next to the civs names in the game ? i have 2 each, which is no big deal, but its suppose to be one.

yes i have this to

PsiCorps
Apr 11, 2008, 02:48 PM
Me also. Didn't think anything was wrong with the 2 faces thought one was for trade and the other for attitude. lol

lord_graywolfe
Apr 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
@mamba thanks ill download .95 and add that in, hope thats all it takes :)

@SoG ill check the late game aircraft and see if i can track that one down.

@ Sir Robin & PsiCorps well at least i know its not just me, ill try and straighten that out so its back to one. this one makes me nervous cause the last time i messed with these emoticons i some how managed foul up half the game lol ;).

ok back to work, ill have patch 5 up as soon as i can.

edit:

ok SoG i havnt been able to track down that plane yet so if you or anyone else runs across it again see if you can get me a name for it please :)

ok ive uploaded patch 5 it will take care of the minor problem with the emoticons putting them back to 1 per civ. it should also fix the problem with the salt as it can now be worked. :)

i will putting up a 2.5 version here in a few hours that will include all the patches for anyone that hasnt downloaded yet so they wont have to download and install all the patches. :D

PsiCorps
Apr 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
Greetings, I have played a little further now, got my first Great General, really liked the model, armour and royal shield.:goodjob:
I've made a few more discoveries along the way.:)
I Created my first colony and got India/Ghandi complete with a leader pop up greeting. I then created a second colony America/Roosevelt this time but i didn't get a leader head popping up as i did with India. :confused:
I Upgraded all my cool Redcoated musketmen when i got rifling but was really surprised that they didn't upgrade to Recoats. Instead the upgraded to standard rifleman in blue coats.:sad: I looked further and found that the Redcoat is effectively now an early Marine, is this correct?
Final possible problem. After i had researched Education the main page showed what Education leads to, it had Archaeology on there twice. Guessing it should only be once.
Other than that i'm enjoying the heck out of this Mod.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 13, 2008, 03:41 PM
thanks for the info as you go PsiCorp. ill try to answer the questions and fix the problems.

ok as to the leaderhead with the colony. I have no idea why the a leader head popped up on one and not the other. heck i didnt know they popped up at all, ive never done colonies when ive been playing and ive never done anything with that option while modding. ill look around and see if any of the other mods or mod comps that i merged in make any adjustments to the colony option.

ok now the upgrade path. yes at this time it currently goes musketman to rifleman to infantry man on one route and grenadier to imperial marine to marine on another. the redcoats are right now the english replacement for the imperial marine. the unit upgrade chart in the civlopedia shows all the changes in this mod. i thought the redcoats worked better as the english imperial marine unit but if you and some of the others would rather have them back as riflemen i can easily change it back :).

and the education/Archaeology issue. yup it accidently got listed twice and i will fix that and put it in the next patch :)

glad you are enjoying it alot :D

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 13, 2008, 04:46 PM
About the aircraft that showed up as a red spot, it was a mayan craft, thats all I know. This is a great mod and all the kinks need to be gotten out of it.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 13, 2008, 06:34 PM
Ok SoG i tracked down that aircraft and the fix for it is up in post #1. there are also a couple of other small fixes included with it.

we are slowly tracking down the bugs and getting rid of them :D. im just glad that so far they have all been pretty minor ones ;) :cool: keep your bug reports and feed back on the mod coming folks i appreciate it :goodjob:

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 13, 2008, 08:51 PM
alright started a new game and I'm really having fun...this is one great mod..

Eventually Greywolf you should consider adding more religions, that would be SWEET....

lord_graywolfe
Apr 14, 2008, 07:28 AM
hmmm i hadnt really thought about putting more religions in since the ones we have seem to cover the majority of faiths. which ones where you thinking of?

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 14, 2008, 11:06 AM
The ones Chiyu added to his mod: Hellenism(Ancient Greek faith), Amun-Ra(Ancient Egyptian Religion), Zoroastrianism, and Norsism(I forget what he called it but its the Viking Religion)

All have spreading songs, buildings and founding movies, all were originally made by Firaxis.

PsiCorps
Apr 14, 2008, 02:29 PM
Don't forget the Roman or Shinto religions!

The idea of one god only started with Judaism.

Personally (as a Jedi) they are all wrong lol

lord_graywolfe
Apr 14, 2008, 07:22 PM
LOL may the force be with you ;). I think Arma had some of those in his old mod, the one i based this on originally. One of the reasons i didnt include the extras in his or add any of my own was ive seen some of the disagreements that have arisen from it. kinda like which civ goes in and which one doesnt. there is always one someone else thinks should be there. However i may add those later as i dont have a problem with any of them. First i have to get them to work right as that was the other reason i didnt bring any over with me, i could never seem to get rid of all the glitches with them :crazyeye:, that was awhile ago though, before they change the religon in the game. it might be easier now since i wont have to actually fit them into the tech tree :) i just have to find 4 more techs for religion to be founded when you get there.

JEELEN
Apr 15, 2008, 09:09 AM
The ones Chiyu added to his mod: Hellenism(Ancient Greek faith), Amun-Ra(Ancient Egyptian Religion), Zoroastrianism, and Norsism(I forget what he called it but its the Viking Religion)

All have spreading songs, buildings and founding movies, all were originally made by Firaxis.

Asatru or something (Amra knows).

@PsiCorps: Most Roman gods have a Greek equivalent (they copied a lot from those fellows), which generally is older too.;)

lord_graywolfe
Apr 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
Ok ive got a couple questions for all of you about the resources. right now alot of them are hidden untill you discover the right tech. the question is do you all like having them hidden or would you like to have them back to being visible from the begining? if you like having them hidden do you think the marble and salt should also be hidden?

oh and about the salt i have another minor thing to fix with that. when you put the cursor over it and it says you need to research calendar, well you dont need calendar at all for it and ill take care of that soon.

Kalimakhus
Apr 15, 2008, 07:31 PM
I vote keep them hidden and hide marble and salt as well. I like surprises whether good or bad. It also makes you put some thought into early tech choices because you want to get military units tech but you need resource revealing techs to plan for your next city location. Decisions is what civ all about.

PsiCorps
Apr 16, 2008, 05:15 AM
I Prefer the resources hidden until revealed by technology. Although the AI still seems to know where the resources are before they have the techs to reveal them all you need to do is kill their settler and settle there yourself. This starts a war, gets some XP for your GG and you get a free worker out of it too. All good fun.

PS. The English Scout doesn't appear to have anything in the way of weapons. They punch polar bears to death. Either they are really tough and don't need weapons or there may be a glitch.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 16, 2008, 07:55 AM
I like having them hidden too which is why i did it but i wanted to see how some of you felt. still wait and see what some others say. ill hide marble and salt then under masonary since they both need quarry. I dont know if they actually know or if they are doing like i am. When the settler or a worker gets close to a spot that has a future resource a blue circle shows up and i use that to help me where the settler goes.

Ill look into the english scout and see why he doesnt have weapons

another question has anyone run across the waterspout yet? i havnt seen them in the game im testing right now and am wondering if they are even in the game at this point.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 16, 2008, 07:24 PM
Mamba pointed out a issue with the ottoman cannon, they are red dots, and has provided a fix for it. its now up in post #1

ok also no up is patch 8 which has the fix for the english scout missing its weapons, provided by mamba and Chugginator, and a fix for the Australian cities names not showing up right. :)

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 19, 2008, 03:58 PM
Lord G
you have not given three traits to degandawida of the Iroquois

lord_graywolfe
Apr 20, 2008, 09:12 AM
OOOPPS :blush: you are sooo right i did indeed forget to give him his third trait. well its now uploaded and in patch 9 ready to go :D. Someday i hope to run out of mistakes lol.

PsiCorps
Apr 21, 2008, 11:49 PM
Just staying with the tradition of keeping you busy. The scouts have gone redball, hope this is a quick fix.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 22, 2008, 07:38 AM
all of your scouts are red dots now? hmmm ok let me look into this real quick.

ok what civ are you playing right now cause the ones ive checked so far are all working fine, including the recently fixed english scout.

Donkey Puncher
Apr 22, 2008, 10:22 AM
when I dl this mod will i need to dl all the patches

PsiCorps
Apr 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm using the original 2.5 mod but with all the patches, i haven't downloaded the version that has the first 5 patches already on it, so this could be the problem

Donkey Puncher
Apr 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
thanks that was info I was looking for
Hey lord G whern I dl the latest version which patches do I need to dl thanks
very interested in trying this bad boy out

lord_graywolfe
Apr 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
with 2.5 you will need to download patches 6,7(which is the ottoman cannon),8 and 9. the first 5 patches and the Dido change are included in 2.5.

when i have to do patch 10, and im sure there will be another, i will roll them all together into version 3.0 and have it up.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask, hope you enjoy it :)

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 23, 2008, 10:05 PM
Lord G
what happened to the glance tab on the foreign advisor ? :(

lord_graywolfe
Apr 24, 2008, 07:37 AM
Well its not part of BtS and i didnt bring it over from warlords, mainly becuase when i tried to do it in version one i couldnt get it to work right it caused more problems and errors than i could track down and fix. i had a hard enough time getting the emoticons working ;). If anyone knows a way to put it in ill be happy to add it in. i havnt looked around on the board to see if anyone posted an easy install for it in quite awhile. I just never considered it all that important.

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
Well its not part of BtS and i didnt bring it over from warlords, mainly becuase when i tried to do it in version one i couldnt get it to work right it caused more problems and errors than i could track down and fix. i had a hard enough time getting the emoticons working ;). If anyone knows a way to put it in ill be happy to add it in. i havnt looked around on the board to see if anyone posted an easy install for it in quite awhile. I just never considered it all that important.

it is included in Bruhic unofficial patch

lord_graywolfe
Apr 24, 2008, 07:14 PM
well i installed his 1.11 patch and its not included in that one. his earlier patch i think had it in it, 1.03, but they encountered bugs with it and didnt include it in the big one. i myself wont mess with it as it requires rewriting some of the python codes and i suck at that and always mess it up some how.

Donkey Puncher
Apr 24, 2008, 07:25 PM
:cry::egypt:I was playing the game as Eygpt and when I built the horse archer I got red dots. Did I install the patch wrong or is this a new bug

lord_graywolfe
Apr 25, 2008, 07:30 AM
ill check it out and let you know, i dont think there have been any issues with the horse archers though.

ok good news you didnt install anything wrong. bad news its a new bug, ill get a fix for that as fast as i can :)

lord_graywolfe
Apr 25, 2008, 08:11 AM
Ok Sir Robin i did some checking and Rhuric's 1.03 patch is a suplementry patch and can be used. if you download it unzip it and take out 3 of the python files, dont use the CvEventManager file, and put them here NewDestiny\Assets\Python\Screens the glance screen will be in the game again.

here is the spot for the patch
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=246057

Brave Sir Robin
Apr 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
thanks I'll do that

lord_graywolfe
Apr 29, 2008, 07:29 PM
Ok Donkey Puncher ive uploaded a patch in post 1 that will fix the egyptian horse archer problem. i couldnt figure out how to fix it with mamba's unit so this will be the default horse archer. in version 3.0 i will be upgrading to diversica .95 and the units should all be good in that.

I am working on 3.0 right now it will have all 10 patches in it as well as the upgrade to diversica .95, which is to big to put up as a patch here but the bigger changes i will post patches for on filefront. there will also be the return of the glance screen, the addition of 4 religions that SoG suggested and making marble and salt as hidden resources.

is there anything else that should be included or changed?

Sword_Of_Geddon
Apr 30, 2008, 10:45 AM
Make sure the new religions have founding videos, spreading sounds etc. If you need places to look for them, check out Chiyu's Extra mod Lord_Greywolfe. Thats my suggestion on what should be included....;)

lord_graywolfe
Apr 30, 2008, 06:46 PM
ok SoG ill do that, if i remember right Arma's mod had videos for these religions too but ill find them somewhere :)

Amra
Apr 30, 2008, 06:53 PM
ok SoG ill do that, if i remember right Arma's mod had videos for these religions too but ill find them somewhere :)
You're welcome to use what I had in my Warlords Modpack. I'll be adding the same to my Advanced modpack soon. IIRC, I had religious videos for Amun-Ra (Egyptian Myth), Hellenism, Zoroastrianism, Asatru (Norse Myth), and Nahuatlism (MesoAmerican Myth).

On a side note, I updated the Unit Allegiance Mod to Beyond the Sword. I think you had wanted that a while back. If so, here is the link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9320

Enjoy.

lord_graywolfe
Apr 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks Amra those are what im looking for :) and yes i was going to use the Unit Allegiance Mod at first but was unable to get it working right, i suck at python lol. thanks for upgrading that and letting me use it Amra. :D

PsiCorps
May 09, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hi Lord Greywolfe. The redballs are back! i originally downloaded version 2 and then the 10 patches as they were released. After my last post i decided to try version 2.5 and then patch that but alas i ended up with the same result. workers scouts and settlers for England are redballs and there are no combat sounds to go with the units when the attack. For the time being i'll remove both mods until version 3 is released and try that. Have too much on in RL to be messing around with things at the moment. Looking forward to the next version though.

lord_graywolfe
May 10, 2008, 03:04 AM
hmmm sorry to hear that PsiCorps, i dont know why you are having problems with englands units still. ill do my best to make sure that they will be fixed in the next version. i hope version 3 will be up soon, i hit a couple snags in it and am trying to track down the problems and get it ready.

lord_graywolfe
May 10, 2008, 09:23 AM
ok version 3.0 is up and ready to go. I was going to do a upgrade download so people that have the older versions wouldnt have download a whole new one but with Diversica in there and the many other changes it would have been almost as big as the full version. they only thing it doesnt have at the moment is the new religions. i am still having problems with the religons so i have worked in everything else and uploaded for you to begin using and testing while i try and fix the problems with the religion. have fun with it and may you find no errors ;)

lord_graywolfe
May 16, 2008, 08:22 AM
ok the religions are ready now. the upgrade is being uploaded right now and will be done by 8 am pdt. use the second link in the first post to get to it, Upgrade1 is the file name. there is one unresovled issue with them. with the egyptian and the mesoamerican religions blank out your civ name in the list on the lower right cornoer. otherwise everything else is great. there are 4 new religons

norse
egyptian
greek
mesoamerican

i trying to work an inquisitor unit in too if i get them working i will uploaded it later enjoy

Edward The Big
May 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
This is about an hour late...:confused:

lord_graywolfe
May 16, 2008, 09:30 PM
im sorry if the upload took longer than expected. i was using the estimated upload time give by filefront. i started the upload before i went to work this morning. i just checked it and it is there and ready for download for any who want it. once again sorry if it wasnt ready at the time i posted.

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 17, 2008, 09:25 AM
I wonder what could be causing the weird error...I'll try things out anyway though.....:)

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
Alright I installed NewDestiny and I overwrote the foldier with the upgrade. But when I loaded it I got multiple load errors. How do you properly install the upgrade?

lord_graywolfe
May 17, 2008, 01:02 PM
im checking on it SoG, it should just be droping the Assets folder in and overwriting it. im downloading the version that is at file front and ill do the install so i can find the errors from your point of view. let you know what i find

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 17, 2008, 01:13 PM
Thankyou I hope you can fix it because I want to play...:)

lord_graywolfe
May 17, 2008, 03:54 PM
ok SoG i figured out what i did, or in this case didnt do. i forgot a folder with the upgrade. i have included it in this post for you to download and install. also one other thing i notices was that i mispelled assets in the upgrade, 1 to many s in it. correct the spelling of it before you take it out of the upgrade folder then drop it into the New Destiny folder and it will overwrite the folders and files there. with that done take the one folder i have here, another assets folder, and drop it in and that fixes the problems. at least all the ones i currently know about. i blame filefront for this lol. they lost my first upload of the upgrade and when i went back to redo it i uploaded the wrong version, sorry about that. enjoy :)

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thankyou for the quick fix Greywolf...;) I'll try it immediately. Lets get ready to rock!

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
One thing I noticed, and this isn't a bug just a minor issue, is that the Mesoamerican religion is missing sounds(on founding). I don't know about the other new religions. You should have sounds for them It makes the mod complete and professional.

lord_graywolfe
May 17, 2008, 08:18 PM
ill look into that, i hope i just forgot to bring the audio files over from Amras mod. Sounds are something i usually over look as around here i almost always have the sound off so i can hear the kids lol.

ok i had just forgot to bring over the audio files, actually i found audio files for more than just the religions that i had forgot to transfer, so if this all works out somethings will have sound that didnt before and some may have new sounds. because of the size of the files i had to put this on filefront, use the second link in the first post it is titled patch1a. i am uploading it now but it says it will be an hour before it is done. thanks for pointing this out SoG i would never gotten around to it. however no matter what i do on here its not going to be professional, i wont even claim to be in the same league as Amra and the other great modders here.

wow i just realized this is the 200th post here, never thought my little mod would go on this long lol

ok might take longer than i thought originally as i lost the connection to filefront and had to restart the upload. i'm getting it up there as fast as i can though

ok it is finally uploaded, after lossing my internet connection several times and starting over, it is ready for anyone that needs or wants the missing audio files.

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 17, 2008, 11:50 PM
Awesome I'll download it immediately!

lord_graywolfe
May 18, 2008, 01:56 AM
hey SoG i just found a CTD when i went and tested the audio files further, its because of a line i forgot to put in use this file instead of the audio 2d script that is in the patch

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 18, 2008, 10:01 AM
Thankyou for another quickfix. ;) You should repackage all the quickfixes as a single patch methinks.

lord_graywolfe
May 18, 2008, 10:46 AM
well right now all my quick fixes for the upgrade are in the new patch1b which is at filefront because of the size. im currently working the TGA file trying to get the icon buttons to work right. when i figure that out i put up the new TGA and that will be it for the religions, i hope (fingers crossed)

ok got the religous icons fixed the new TGA files are in patch 2a in the first post. now since i havnt slept in awhile:sleep: and im feeling a bit loopy:crazyeye: im going to bed and hope that i the work i did while half asleep wont have to many bugs lol.:dubious:

jkp1187
May 18, 2008, 07:27 PM
What changes does this mod implement? It would be nice if you included a summary in the first post....

lord_graywolfe
May 18, 2008, 08:44 PM
the second spoiler covers most of it, i might have left a couple of things out that were small changes. ill put a line above it to indicate it is new content.

Edward The Big
May 19, 2008, 05:23 AM
ok, now I am totally lost. I saw the upgrade was available over the weekend, but I couldn't download it. Now I look and it is not there, and I have no idea what I am supposed to download...I have version 3.0 already...What do I need to download to be up to date?

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 19, 2008, 07:32 AM
One thing I recommend Greywolf is that you delete the Dualism tech, since you aren't going to have Zoroastrianism as a religion in this mod methinks.

BTW you should post a step-by-step guild on how to install all the upgrades in order to have the new religions plus the sounds to go with them. Just my thoughts. Edward above seems lost and I want to help.

Edward The Big
May 19, 2008, 07:35 AM
I guess my question is that if you look at Lordgreywolf's Filefront page, the upgrade is not currently available (at least the upgrade I saw on Friday and Saturday). It now shows a much smaller patch1b as being available...Plus there is a patch 2a available on the first post. So what do I have to add to my version 3.0? That is the question.

lord_graywolfe
May 19, 2008, 08:06 AM
im sorry about the confusion Edward, part of it is my fault for doing some of this on very little sleep and i forget things like instruction on what to put where when you add patches and such. however filefront is to blame for losing my upgrade file :mad:. i am uploading a new upgrade, named upgrade2, it contains the patches to date so you wont need anything else right now. when you download upgrade2 and extract it just take the Asset folder out of it drop that into the New Destiny folder and your done. it will overwrite the files it needs too. i hope i wont need anymore patches from here on out ;). i hope this clears things up for you. thanks for coming back to try my mod :). i will post on here the moment it is up and i have comfirmed that it is there and ready to download.

SoG i thought about removing Dualism but i went ahead and left it in for 2 reasons. it makes a nice filler tech that keeps you and the AI from going around it to far up the tech tree. 2nd i may later decide to add Zorotarism, i left it out this time because it was giving me a bunch of problems that i couldnt resolve. once Amra has his mod out if i still want it in i can borrow it from him ;)

Edward The Big
May 19, 2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the update. LG.

Good work on the mod!

lord_graywolfe
May 19, 2008, 08:58 AM
ok the revised upgrade is ready at filefront, get it before they lose it again lol.

JEELEN
May 19, 2008, 11:20 AM
Quick question as I'm downloading: Is patch 1b still needed or is it in the upgrade?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read some posts back.

lord_graywolfe
May 19, 2008, 05:38 PM
lol and at least for now im awake enough that i remembered to put the info for upgrade2 in the first post so if anyone has any questions on it check there first :) if you still have a question fire away

lord_graywolfe
May 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
ok ive been testing for a bit now and for the most part everything seems to be working right, except when i was about mid game i noticed that the tech windows didnt pop up anymore when i discovered a new tech. now they were at the begining of the game but for some reason they have stopped. now im wondering if anyone else has run across this or if its just me. i have been tinkering with the python files latly so i could have altered somthing accidently to cause this but let me know if any of you have seen this or any thing else odd or off. its been so long since anyone reported a bug im think im getting light headed lol.

Sword_Of_Geddon
May 29, 2008, 05:34 AM
Well I still haven't heard the sounds for the new religion(Mesoamerican). So I wonder if I should just download Upgrade 2 rather than stick with what I have now.

lord_graywolfe
May 29, 2008, 08:00 AM
hmmm i know they were there at one time, i hope i didnt mess them up or loose them somewhere lol. well at least if that is the only but so far then its not to bad. i do have to post 2 small fixes but i was waiting to see if anything big came up first.

lord_graywolfe
Jun 04, 2008, 07:19 PM
Well everyone im sorry to say i must be going. Due to real life i wont be back, at least not anytime soon. im sorry to leave with this not quite finished, hopefully someone will want to continue with it. it is pretty much finished so anyone is welcome to work on it, add to it or change it. i hope you all will continue to enjoy it i know i enjoyed making this and was truly surprised by the intrest and number of downloads that my mod created. thanks for all the help and support on this. take care and i hope to be back someday. :(:cry:

Sword_Of_Geddon
Jun 04, 2008, 08:22 PM
That is sad Greywolf. I hate it when people leave. But it happens. You will be missed.

Brave Sir Robin
Jun 04, 2008, 10:13 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry:
many thanks for your great work on this mod
G/L with real life

Daegan
Jun 05, 2008, 09:03 AM
Well everyone im sorry to say i must be going. Due to real life i wont be back, at least not anytime soon. im sorry to leave with this not quite finished, hopefully someone will want to continue with it. it is pretty much finished so anyone is welcome to work on it, add to it or change it. i hope you all will continue to enjoy it i know i enjoyed making this and was truly surprised by the intrest and number of downloads that my mod created. thanks for all the help and support on this. take care and i hope to be back someday. :(:cry:

After years of gaming with various online communities, one thing holds true: Real life trumps games. I hope whatever it is that pulls you away goes well, and thanks a bunch for the hours and hours of fun you've given all of us.

lord_graywolfe
Jul 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
Well im back finally, sorry it took so long. I hope everyone has been enjoying the mod while i was gone and im sure that you have found all kinds of new bugs for me to fix lol. I was able to do some work on the mod while i was gone and have found somethings that will be changed. such as removing the robot tank, it kept causing the game to freeze up, a few other small things here and there that i noticed as i played and jotted down to fix. somethings i still havnt figured out how to change :crazyeye:. such as the changing size of the archology, some are huge and take up half the world others are perfect in size, or how to get all the new religious icons to show up in the religious advisor. oh well ill get to work on all this and anything else you might have found right away. :)

Edward The Big
Jul 11, 2008, 09:11 AM
I'm glad to see you are back LG...

lord_graywolfe
Jul 11, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks Edward its good to be back :D

Daegan
Jul 11, 2008, 08:27 PM
I second that, great to see you back!

Hope things are well. :D

lord_graywolfe
Jul 11, 2008, 09:25 PM
well for right now things are going ok, might be a few bumps coming up but for the most part i shouldnt have anymore absences :).

like i said i have been testing and doing some work on the mod while i was gone and when i have that all together i will upload the newest version. i want to hear from anyone that has been playing it about any new bugs, problems or ideas they have found while i was gone. i just installed the new patches and they caused a CTD for me so i guess i wont be using them untill i can figure out why my mod isnt compatible with patch 3.17

lord_graywolfe
Jul 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
i just want to know if anyone using the mod has installed the new 3.17 patch and been able to still use the mod or if they are having problems with the mod. i cant get mine to work and im trying to figure out if it is something on my end or if there is something in the mod that is corrupted.

ok i found why the mod wasnt working with the new patch. to fix it all you need to do is copy the GameInfoOptions file in the GameInfo folder from the regular game folder to the mod and it will work fine.

PsiCorps
Aug 03, 2008, 11:58 PM
i have been testing and doing some work on the mod while i was gone and when i have that all together i will upload the newest version.
Glad to see you back, when will you be updating to include your new work?

lord_graywolfe
Aug 04, 2008, 07:04 AM
not really sure, ive been testing the changes i wanted to make and fixing other bugs ive run across, some minor changes here and there. id say ill have the new version, which is 3.17 compatible, ready by the middle of the month. the biggest thing i have to do is incorporating mamba's newest version of diversica into it. if while i was gone any of you found any bugs or had some ideas for additions or changes id love to hear them.

lord_graywolfe
Aug 10, 2008, 08:46 AM
ok i am moving this to a new site. this thread will stay up but the new version and any new patches will be posted on the new site in my forum. here is the link to my forum. there is also a link in the first post.

http://civjunction.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=55

David Smith
Aug 12, 2008, 04:41 PM
Your link only goes to old version 1.3:crazyeye: and new site doesn't have links at all:cry:. So what is happening?:eek:

PsiCorps
Aug 19, 2008, 05:25 AM
i have been to the download link on the site you have directed us to in post #230 but this is for the BtS 3.13 version not BtS 3.17 Where can i find the most recent update?

lord_graywolfe
Oct 05, 2008, 03:05 PM
im sorry that it took me longer than i thought to get this done. but the new version 4.0 is ready, it is 3.17 compatible. i have uploaded it to file front but they seem to have lost most of my files so i am also putting it up on here in the download section and ive put it up at atomicgamer. post 1 contains some of the changes i did besides making it 3.17 compatible. now there are still some minor bugs, the archology still shows up as super huge sometimes, still dont know why. you may find some errors in text messages, i have tried to find all of them but i may have missed some in the leaders text/ quotes. thats about it for bugs that i know of. now since this thread has been so quiet of late im going to guess that either everything was working good or that most people lost intrest lol. well there really shouldnt be much need for patches for 4.0 but i will be watching this site and the new one for posts. thanks for everyones support in this :). i am now going to try to convert this over to WoC, note i said try lol, if i can find the time.

filefront
http://files.filefront.com/NewDestiny+v40rar/;11985518;/fileinfo.html

atomicgamer
Link: http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=5121

Dithmarscher
Oct 06, 2008, 08:11 AM
Ahhh...3.17 compatible .....i will give it a try....downloading now :) !!

JEELEN
Oct 06, 2008, 10:52 AM
While I applaud your making 4.0 available in the DL Database, all that page contains is a changelog. What's actually in New Destiny?:confused:

(Also, a link to thread is missing.)

lord_graywolfe
Oct 06, 2008, 07:13 PM
well the first post here has everthing ive done since the begining. so that will be your best place to look for everything ive added to it. but i will make sure to copy that over to the DL for those that havnt been following this from the begining. i will also put in the link to this thread, thanks for pointing that out Jeelen.

im looking foward to everyones feedback on this to make sure i didnt miss anything important. i hope you all enjoy it. :)

JEELEN
Oct 06, 2008, 09:42 PM
Ah, OK (already checked out post #1, thx).;)

lord_graywolfe
Oct 07, 2008, 07:10 PM
np Jeelen, thanks again for pointing that out. i hope you enjoy it and dont find any bugs lol.

Azziane
Oct 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
A description of the mod in the original post would be nice. If I missed it though, please call me an idiot! :)

lord_graywolfe
Oct 24, 2008, 06:51 PM
well there is a list of what ive done from the begining in each version upto now under the spoiler. you have to click on the show button to open the list. if thats not exactly what you were looking for let me know and ill try to fill in any gaps :D. there are probally a few things ive changed that i forgot to put on the list but they would be minor things. hope that helps

AngelGabriel
Oct 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
Are those patches on page 1 still necessary for the recent release?

lord_graywolfe
Oct 27, 2008, 07:25 AM
no they arent, the current version has all the fixes upto date included in it. i suppose i should probally take those old patches down since i doubt that anyone will be using one of the older versions of the mod. if any one finds a new bug ill post new patches. i have yet to see a mod that was 100% bug free so im sure someone will find something somewhere eventually lol :)