View Full Version : Is anyone afraid that Civilization: Revolution will be similar to Empire Earth III?

thenooblet22
Jan 17, 2008, 03:33 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/empireearthiii/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

Simplifying of gameplay, generalizing and inaccurate history, corny and cartoonish graphics. Not very positive signs for me at least. They are both on an eerie similar path together.

Agree, disagree?

EDIT: Fixed link.

Civfan333
Jan 17, 2008, 04:07 PM
well, Empire earth III is an RTS and Civ is a TBS, so I don't know.;)

thenooblet22
Jan 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
well, Empire earth III is an RTS and Civ is a TBS, so I don't know.;)

True. I know it's on PC, while CivRev is on console. I know it's an RTS, while CivRev is a TBS. I'm just talking in general they seem like the same direction.

Civfan333
Jan 17, 2008, 07:51 PM
oh, well THEN yes, I think Civ Rev is headed down the same dark path.

Verge
Jan 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
It wasn't the historical inaccuracies or exaggerated graphics that made Empire Earth III bad. It was because the game was evidently designed by a gaggle of teen pop stars and their drunk entourages. Honestly, it's like someone got all of the worst features of empire-building RTS games, then took the crap bat to it until they got a jumble of barely-functioning code.

Over-the-top style doesn't break a game. It's when you apply over-the-top styling to under-the-worst mechanics that does.

Padma
Jan 17, 2008, 08:51 PM
Well, when you consider that DanQ from Poly, and myself, both had a chance to play this game, and both loved it, I wouldn't worry too much. ;)

Zhuge_Liang
Jan 17, 2008, 10:00 PM
Empire Earth III - the game is fair, but NOT terrible. Don't knock it till you try it.

We don't know, time will tell...

Verge
Jan 18, 2008, 08:23 AM
Don't knock it till you try it.

I tried it. I'd knock it with a lead shovel if I could.