View Full Version : IGN: DS screens, Wii version postponed indefinitely

Mrop
Jan 29, 2008, 02:41 PM
It's all here:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/848/848158p1.html
and also here:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/848/848144p1.html

While I think it is important they don't try to force a release date upon themselves for the Wii version, putting it on "indefinite hold" is somehow worrying. Perhaps the Wii team has been transferred to the other console teams?

warpstorm
Jan 29, 2008, 03:31 PM
That is most likely the case. Firaxis is not a large studio.

2K Elizabeth
Jan 30, 2008, 10:47 AM
jason explained this decision pretty eloquently on the 2K Forums, so i'll just quote him here:

"Unlike many other Wii versions of games, the plan for CivRev Wii was to do it in-house at Firaxis, just like the DS, 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Unfortunately we came to the conclusion that Firaxis didn't have the manpower to do four versions of the game simultaneously and we didn't want the quality loss that comes from licensing out a port, so it was put on hold.

That doesn't mean we won't revisit it in the future, just that right now, CivRev for Wii is on indefinite hiatus.

I know you were looking forward to the Wii version, and I'm sorry, but we'd rather not do it than do it and have it not stand up to the other versions of the game (or worse, have all four versions be lower quality because of it)."

Mrop
Jan 31, 2008, 02:26 PM
Turns out I need to read the frontpage more often though. :S

King.Bahamot
Mar 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
haha, thats awsome :P To bad they didnt do it for psp instead :)

TyranusBonehead
Mar 17, 2008, 02:36 PM
I agree that PSP would've been a better handheld platform than the DS, but DS has the market, as far as I can see

King.Bahamot
Mar 17, 2008, 02:55 PM
yea, they do have the market. And some things like pointer which probly works nice with strategy games :)

XxtraLarGe
Mar 21, 2008, 08:28 AM
yea, they do have the market. And some things like pointer which probly works nice with strategy games :)

With 2 screens, especially with one being a touch screen, makes the DS a much better platform for the game than the PSP. Now, the only reason I bought a DS was so I could have it to play Civ Rev, but I would still feel the same if Civ Rev was coming out for the PSP instead, but I'd own a PSP right now :D