View Full Version : whining

Pellaken
Jun 30, 2002, 04:36 PM
theres alot of reference to "whining" since I first came to CFC. I'd like to know what it is? complaning? well let me give you an example:
your entire family and country is killed, but you cant do anything about it, but wish you could, so you tell someone, "those darn bad guys" etc, and he insists your whining.
sometimes, if you said the things you said to me face to face, I'd punch you. some of us take this foum more seriousley then others to.

Ming
Jun 30, 2002, 04:40 PM
Your example isn't whining in my book...

But I will say, even after the short time I've been here, some of the posters here can whine with the best of them. And believe me when I say, I know whining... ;)

Pellaken
Jun 30, 2002, 04:43 PM
people say I whine, well if they knew that about half my life was spent here, they wouldent be so easy to critisize.

damunzy
Jun 30, 2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Pellaken
theres alot of reference to "whining" since I first came to CFC. I'd like to know what it is? complaning? well let me give you an example:
your entire family and country is killed, but you cant do anything about it, but wish you could, so you tell someone, "those darn bad guys" etc, and he insists your whining.
sometimes, if you said the things you said to me face to face, I'd punch you. some of us take this foum more seriousley then others to. Your example is not whinning.

Your actions in the second sentence would make you become a broken heap of a boy. Just because you feel rage and it makes you feel powerful don't think you can act out on it and live. ;)

Pellaken
Jun 30, 2002, 04:48 PM
I've only gotten mad enough a 1 person to punch them in the real world, but by the time I walked up to them I wasent so mad, but sometimes, especially when I have a VERY VERY VERY important issue to me, and people say I'm just whining, I'd punch them. I've never punched anyone before.

damunzy
Jun 30, 2002, 04:57 PM
Settle down and retype that...it doesn't quite make sense.

Pellaken
Jun 30, 2002, 05:03 PM
I do not punch people but sometimes people here make me mad enough to do so

I take the issues I bring up very seriousley, and by saying I whine, you trivalize them, thereby making me want to punch you

and just to reinforce I dont punch people. hence, you guys make me madder then people in the real wrold

damunzy
Jun 30, 2002, 08:13 PM
I direct your attention to here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=354881#post354881

for my reply. All of these damn threads seem to have something in common...I wonder what it is. :confused:

SunTzu
Jun 30, 2002, 10:36 PM
Pellaken, please quit whining. I mean come on, you do whine quite alot.

floppa21
Jul 01, 2002, 07:20 AM
I have punched people in real life. I wish you were here with me Pellaken... :D And you say you spend half your life here? YOU FREAK, get a life! The mods don't spend half their life here, TF doesn't either!!! Comparing a family being killed to CFC bans that you deserve is garbage. Frickin guy... :rolleyes:

Dell19
Jul 01, 2002, 08:51 AM
People feel you win because you take CFC too seriously. Its a forum for Civ not a forum for debating minor rule changes.

gonzo_for_civ
Jul 01, 2002, 02:30 PM
People feel you whine because you take CFC too seriously. It's a forum for Civ not a forum for debating minor rule changes.

:D Well said Dell!!!!!!!!!!

Note: Spell check in bold.

Switch625
Jul 01, 2002, 06:42 PM
The irony is absolutely delicious. A whiny thread about whining. Pellaken, you think you have a horrible life and that gives you license to *****, moan, gripe, and generally make an ass of yourself. Let me tell you, brother, I don't want to hear it. There are others in this world who have it rough, and they don't go on a 24/7 whine fest about it. Get a freaking grip. You aren't the center of the universe.

If I seem bitter, I have a reason. Anyone who knows me well enough will know why.

Knight-Dragon
Jul 01, 2002, 10:02 PM
Well said, Switch, Dell. :goodjob: Although I believe myself to be very tolerant, even I find Pell a bit whiney at times... :)

SunTzu
Jul 01, 2002, 10:08 PM
I'll just say, quit whining. be a man....or a woman whichever you prefer...
I'vejust noticed something, you all post A LOT compared to me lol i've been at 2000 post for a long time now! lol and i've been here since TF first start the UBB lol i was here when CFC was at Strategy Gaming lol those were the days....Palehorse has like 4500 posts......wow

Knight-Dragon
Jul 01, 2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SunTzu
Palehorse has like 4500 posts......wow 4055, to be exact. ;)

gonzo_for_civ
Jul 01, 2002, 10:16 PM
I will catch up to PH in about 16 years ;)

But I am sad now because Pellaken hasn't whined today so we haven't gotten to flame him much :(

;)

Knight-Dragon
Jul 01, 2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
But I am sad now because Pellaken hasn't whined today so we haven't gotten to flame him much :(

;)He'll be back. He'll always be back. Remember the time he said he'd never be back? And then he was back.

Am I making sense here? :crazyeye:

SunTzu
Jul 01, 2002, 11:16 PM
Well atleast i was somewhat close to 4055 ;)

spycatcher34
Jul 02, 2002, 06:42 AM
Tsk Tsk a staff member derailing the conversation to postcount... I'm shocked!

And he asked why he was banned... :rolleyes:

Dell19
Jul 02, 2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
He'll be back. He'll always be back. Remember the time he said he'd never be back? And then he was back.

Am I making sense here? :crazyeye:

He came back because he got banned at GC so he had to post somewhere...

CurtSibling
Jul 02, 2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pellaken
sometimes, if you said the things you said to me face to face, I'd punch you. some of us take this foum more seriousley then others to.

"He"?

Who are you referring to?

damunzy
Jul 02, 2002, 05:11 PM
Wow...the whining has stopped...it is amazing! ;)

Ohwell
Jul 02, 2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Wow...the whining has stopped...it is amazing! ;)

Its a miracle, isn't it! :) Maybe Pellaken will learn to stop whining given time. ;)

Knight-Dragon
Jul 02, 2002, 07:44 PM
Wow...the whining has stopped...it is amazing! ;) Let's not get our hopes too high. Check back with me in a week. ;)

NU_
Jul 02, 2002, 08:15 PM
Actually, our good buddy pellaken may not be coming back anymore...

kittenOFchaos
Jul 03, 2002, 10:53 AM
How do you know?

And good!

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Jul 03, 2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by NU_
Actually, our good buddy pellaken may not be coming back anymore... I thought so with that PEI location, you chaged your name again.

Let's hope you change your attitude as well.

Padma
Jul 03, 2002, 11:42 AM
I think you caught him, AoA! ;)

He has removed all identifying info from his profile: no location, birthdate, anything.

Ohwell
Jul 03, 2002, 11:55 AM
Ah, so pellaken is trying to get us to feel sorry for him AGAIN. :rolleyes:

I suggest we ban him some more.

floppa21
Jul 03, 2002, 12:00 PM
I knew it! Those damn Canadians... :p Dang man, I should change my name too. Yall would never recognize me then! ;) Maybe flappa21, or flippa21... Floppo21? Hmm...

spycatcher34
Jul 03, 2002, 03:32 PM
Can someone verify if it is him.... ? IP wise.

Ohwell
Jul 03, 2002, 03:59 PM
Pellaken uses dial-up connections...

NU_
Jul 03, 2002, 04:39 PM
I had a previous correspondence with pellaken in which he told me he might not be staying. But I am not him, so I do not know. And, if you will look at my ip address, you will find it is constant, so that should clear us. And I use dial-up too. Not all dial ups are dynamic, and if it does change, it changes very little.

Ohwell
Jul 03, 2002, 04:42 PM
Who would you be in relation to Pellaken? Obviously you are not just a random person, as you are new here, having joined June 25th.

NU_
Jul 03, 2002, 04:54 PM
I've been his friend for a while. Used to know him from a different site, and he directed me here. Said it had a good forum.

Let's just wait to have our ip's checked.

kittenOFchaos
Jul 03, 2002, 06:07 PM
Quoting NU_
Said it had a good forum.

Had? HAD???

"Things can only get better now we've got NU_ " :p

damunzy
Jul 03, 2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by NU_
I've been his friend for a while. Used to know him from a different site, and he directed me here. Said it had a good forum.

Let's just wait to have our ip's checked. IPs look good...but you could have just changed ISPs. I am willing to give you a chance even if you are Pellaken/Whinemar_Republic.

Welcome to CFC, NU_. I too doubt that Pellaken or phonyPellaken (what an original DL) will be coming back.

Fez_Monk
Jul 03, 2002, 09:22 PM
phonyPellaken (what an original DL)

He actually registered a DL named "phonyPellaken"? :lol:

duke o' york
Jul 04, 2002, 02:39 AM
I'd just like everyone to read the first post of this thread: here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=342079&highlight=diplomacy#post342079) before deciding whether or not Pellaken will be back with a DL. He will be back under one form or another so we'll have to be vigilant. Any kind of moaning ought to set off the "WR/PK" detectors and then we'll have to careful of any further posts from that person. Don't go round accusing every second new member of being PK though - we don't want a witchhunt.

CurtSibling
Jul 04, 2002, 03:18 AM
Tsk!

You guys are so picking on that Pellaken guy! :lol:

Dell19
Jul 04, 2002, 08:37 AM
Its Duke of York! He must be Pellaken in disguise! ...um, sorry.

NU_
Jul 04, 2002, 09:34 PM
The irony is almost too much too bear...:crazyeye:

Richard III
Jul 04, 2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by duke o' york
we don't want a witchhunt.

:confused:

We don't?

NU_
Jul 04, 2002, 09:55 PM
It's not like it probably hasn't happened before. It does at all forums, when things get out of control.

Witch hunts are always fun, though.

Richard III
Jul 04, 2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by NU_
It's not like it probably hasn't happened before. It does at all forums, when things get out of control.

I was inspired by "The Holy Grail" when I said that. But still, I've only ever been a member of one forum, so I wouldn't know. You've seen it as a problem in which forums, exactly?

Please, tell me more about your experience with this, since I will naturally be attracted to join those forums more prone to welsh - whoops, I mean witchhunts.

R.III

duke o' york
Jul 05, 2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Dell19
Its Duke of York! He must be Pellaken in disguise! ...um, sorry.

Oooh.... why I oughtta.....

Maybe he wasn't referring to a forum witchhunt, but to a pleasant diversion on a Sunday afternoon whereby likeminded folks go around more picturesque parts of Canada armed with burning brands and pitchforks. And of course the obligatory ducking stool: if they die then they were innocent, if not then it's a Pellaken DL!! :eek:

Are you sure that phoneypellaken was a DL "Sexy Death"?

CurtSibling
Jul 05, 2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by NU_

No-one will be killing any witches on my shift, pal!

:lol:

knowltok2
Jul 05, 2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by CurtSibling

No-one will be killing any witches on my shift, pal!

:lol:

There you go assuming it would be for the purpose of killing. Did you ever stop to think it could be a catch and release witch hunt? :D

Dell19
Jul 05, 2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by duke o' york
Are you sure that phoneypellaken was a DL "Sexy Death"?

Its got to be someone's DL unless they were a big lurker, as they would need to have followed forum activities quite alot.