View Full Version : A Call to all Call to Power Geeks

Richard III
Jul 01, 2002, 10:33 AM
Ok, I was just reading some Civ3 Mod thread about ironclad units, and I was filled with wondrous memories about how good CTPI/II looked and sounded. It's not Civ3, but it had its charms.

And I was wondering, let's say, hypothetically, I wanted to give CTP2 a second chance, and was willing to download a thing or two to solve the chief problem (namely the incredibly weak AI).

...BUT I'm one of those low grade tech morons who isn't in a hurry to pull into the programs an amend 16 million lines like all of the CTP mod people I saw on Apolyton were doing.

If so, what should I do?

R.III

6ajax9
Jul 01, 2002, 12:44 PM
Richard...

get over to Apolyton and get for your self...

1. Modswapper...
2. your mod!... (all of them are excellent.. but to0 get started, download the super apolyton pack v2.0)

install mod swapper in the activision directory (just extract the zip and run the setup )..

next, extract the zip of apolyton pack 2 to your "call to power 2" directory.. click yes to anything it asks you.. (its just overwriting the files)

then, go into C:\activision\call to power 2\ctp_program\ctp , and find the file named userprofile (you will have to start a game in normal ctp for this to be generated)

on the 72nd line, where it says Debugslic= , make sure this says no! (Debugslic=no)
also in this file, if you want to play with more than 8 civs, the very first line where it says NumPlayers= add the number for the amount of other civs .. i normall play with 16 so my line looks like
NumPlayers=17.... now it does say 17, because one of the number must be the barbarians (16 civs + 1 Barbarian = 17)

finally, run modswapper.. you will find the name of the mod listed in there.. double click and your away...

the other mods are worth a look.. they all specialize in certain areas.. cradle for a beefier ancient age.. medmod for the medieval period etc... goodmod for more goods and a host of ai improvements...

CTP2 hands down is the definitive civ experience but only with the mods!!..

if you get stuck... ask!!

ajax

6ajax9
Jul 01, 2002, 12:46 PM
ooo...

and make sure you have installed the officail patch... do this first!!

Richard III
Jul 03, 2002, 07:35 PM
Wilco when I'm back home on the 13th. That's what I meant though: I guess I have no choice but to tinker with command lines and so on. But, since I've been having dreams about that poor little settler sitting in a mountain valley, I suppose I should...

FM_Freyland
Jul 20, 2002, 08:04 PM
Thanks for helping me, indirectly via Richard III! I followed the above directions, but have a question.

I installed the first Apolyton Mod pack, which basically requires unzipping it and copying the two folders to the CTP2 directory, no big deal. Now, the update creates the identical two folders, but with much less content. If I just copy/paste those two folders, aren't I going to delete a lot of content from the previous update? Or am I just demonstrating my ignorance? :eek:

Thanks!

Jonathan

6ajax9
Jul 21, 2002, 04:08 PM
FM_Freyland

not at all...

by unzipping the mod in the ctp dir and saying yes to the replace file prompt, you are indeed ready for business...

as long as you start the game using modswapper, everything will be taken care of!

so crank up dat dare game and get to it.!