View Full Version : Two questions

heliobagalus
Jul 06, 2002, 07:25 AM
I wonder if it's possible to give away units to another computer player? The AI sometimes offer you workers as part of a peacetreaty but I have never really found out how to do it myself.

My second question is about a savegame editor I had before (lost it when my hdd crashed). It had far more functions incorporated than the one I found at a thread in the files forum (made by Jimmy something). You could for instance change the nationality of units etc. Nonetheless, I have thus far been unable to find on any of these or Apolytons forums and I would appreciate if someone could give me link from where It can be downloaded.

Regards,
Fredrik

dojoboy
Jul 06, 2002, 07:46 AM
No, you cannot give away units to other AI civs. However, many have asked for this feature and are hoping its included in PTW (expansion).

I cannot help you on the savegame editor issue.

sumthinelse
Jul 06, 2002, 08:57 AM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7787 is pretty good.

You can trade workers with the AI under certain conditions.

heliobagalus
Jul 06, 2002, 11:38 AM
Sumthinelse: what conditions are you refering to?

Indeed, it is a good editor =)

Regards,
Fredrik

Maple
Jul 06, 2002, 11:49 AM
I believe you can trade workers if they are in your cities. Or your capitals. I have never really looked at it before.

D9phoenix
Jul 06, 2002, 11:56 AM
The workers have to be in your capitol and you each must have a city on the same land mass :)

We found the second condition out in LK26 :D

dojoboy
Jul 06, 2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Maple
I believe you can trade workers if they are in your cities. Or your capitals. I have never really looked at it before.

CAPITALS.

I've never tried trading worker for worker, but often, I get workers as components of a peace treaty or trade. I guess it would make sense to try and trade your captured workers for your own nationals who were captured themselves --- in regards to their rate of production.

Trinity
Jul 06, 2002, 12:33 PM
But never, never, give any units to: Xerses, Hiawatha, Hammurrabi, or Caesar.

Hiawatha can go from Gracious to attacking you in one turn.