View Full Version : Arab Bonuses

attackdrone
May 17, 2008, 04:41 PM
"Modern: 2% interest on gold"

Funny that, considering that Islam has a significant objection with the earning of interest in financial situations.

3 EMS
May 17, 2008, 05:20 PM
Probably just reflects how they're having to pay a whopping 54 cents/gal. for gas.
Make lots of hydro plants and build lots of spearmen and you will be fine.

AbbieRevo
May 18, 2008, 09:31 AM
That is offensively funny

attackdrone
May 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
I wonder if perhaps their other bonus could be +1 food from Pigs. The arabs -were- pastoralist nomads (they raised animals to provide sustenance).

icejon
May 18, 2008, 01:37 PM
yeah very strange:rolleyes:

Horizons
May 18, 2008, 02:28 PM
The thing that offends me is how low 2% is! That's below-inflation interest in almost all countries.

I_Scorpio
May 19, 2008, 02:54 AM
Probably just reflects how they're having to pay a whopping 54 cents/gal. for gas.
Make lots of hydro plants and build lots of spearmen and you will be fine.

WTF is that supposed to mean??? :confused: Who has to pay 54 cents/gal.? What's with the spear men attempt-at-a-joke? Are you trying to be funny??

I wonder if perhaps their other bonus could be +1 food from Pigs. The arabs -were- pastoralist nomads (they raised animals to provide sustenance).

That's not entirely true. Some Arabs were pastoralist nomads, many others lived in cities. When it came to professions, some were merchants, others relied on farming, especially in the eastern parts of the Arabian Peninsula; Modern day al-Hasa in Saudi Arabia.

jkp1187
May 19, 2008, 08:59 AM
Dead right. They're paying $0.91/gal in Saudi Arabia.

MonRiverMonarch
May 19, 2008, 02:29 PM
Dead right. They're paying $0.91/gal in Saudi Arabia.

Of course, most Saudi's probably don't own a car

homan1983
May 20, 2008, 06:12 AM
The thing that offends me is how low 2% is! That's below-inflation interest in almost all countries.

Yea but to be fair thats after inflation which is pretty good :lol::crazyeye::lol::king:

Padma
May 20, 2008, 07:57 AM
I've been waiting for days to see if this would turn into a game-based discussion of the bonuses. It seems it was not to be.

Therefore: thread closed.

If you want to discuss the price of gas/oil in the Middle East, please visit our Off Topic (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum.