View Full Version : probalby won't be getting it

phillip1882
Jun 07, 2008, 04:12 PM
though i have x-box 360, i unfortunately don't have x-box live, as i never could get my internet connection to work with it. though it has single player, i perfer playing people, as ai is ussually not very intellegent. sorry faraxis, its too bad you didnt release a pc version of this, i'd probably buy that in a second!:(

Thrallia
Jun 08, 2008, 03:03 PM
too bad you can't try the demo...the AI is actually pretty good in CivRev.

Sgt Grimes
Jun 08, 2008, 03:37 PM
......the AI is actually pretty good in CivRev.

Agreed, and the unit pathfinding is pretty impressive as well. In one game I was bringing a warrior army back to base in a 12+ move, and when it got to a narrow strip of land that would only allow one unit through, I saw it back-up a few steps in order to let another civ's unit pass by. It then resumed it's pre-plotted journey back to base without so much as breaking stride once.

I tell ya....I was so taken aback, I nearly fell out my chair when I saw it! :D

Schuesseled
Jun 08, 2008, 08:43 PM
Agreed, and the unit pathfinding is pretty impressive as well. In one game I was bringing a warrior army back to base in a 12+ move, and when it got to a narrow strip of land that would only allow one unit through, I saw it back-up a few steps in order to let another civ's unit pass by. It then resumed it's pre-plotted journey back to base without so much as breaking stride once.

I tell ya....I was so taken aback, I nearly fell out my chair when I saw it! :D

really that's pretty cool, who decides right of way though?

Snerk
Jun 08, 2008, 11:34 PM
when it got to a narrow strip of land that would only allow one unit through
But several units can occupy the same tile at a time..? Or am i misunderstanding what you are saying?

sigmakan
Jun 08, 2008, 11:42 PM
and the AI annoyingly blocks your roads with fortified archers. Tricky bastards.

Sgt Grimes
Jun 09, 2008, 03:14 AM
really that's pretty cool, who decides right of way though?

lol....it's probably decided by which civ is the most civilized and has the best manners, Schuesseled. :D

But several units can occupy the same tile at a time..? Or am i misunderstanding what you are saying?

It was unit belonging to another civ, Sneerk; and they can't occupy the same tile as your own.

LordRahl
Jun 09, 2008, 09:13 AM
though i have x-box 360, i unfortunately don't have x-box live, as i never could get my internet connection to work with it. though it has single player, i perfer playing people, as ai is ussually not very intellegent. sorry faraxis, its too bad you didnt release a pc version of this, i'd probably buy that in a second!:(

There's always PS3.

Snerk
Jun 09, 2008, 04:39 PM
It was unit belonging to another civ, Sneerk; and they can't occupy the same tile as your own.
I see.. .