View Full Version : What are the icons for when you pick a civilization?

Flower
Jun 08, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hi, I'd like to know what the four icons are for when you pick a civilization. You got swords, a plane, masks and money dollars. I'm just curious.

Best regards,
Flower

Thrallia
Jun 08, 2008, 04:01 PM
those symbols are probably for the four victory types: domination, technology, culture, and economic.

Flower
Jun 08, 2008, 04:04 PM
thanks for the answer!

jayhawk97
Jun 08, 2008, 07:50 PM
those symbols are probably for the four victory types: domination, technology, culture, and economic.

To expound on that... This is just a guess, but judging by how they are the same on every civ, and also on the difficulty selection screen, I would assume that in the full game they will light up whenever you have won that type of victory with that civ/culture.

Example: You win cultural with the English on King... the mask symbol will forever be lit up on king and english.

Schuesseled
Jun 08, 2008, 08:37 PM
To expound on that... This is just a guess, but judging by how they are the same on every civ, and also on the difficulty selection screen, I would assume that in the full game they will light up whenever you have won that type of victory with that civ/culture.

Example: You win cultural with the English on King... the mask symbol will forever be lit up on king and english.

i agree i think its like those statue heads i read about in the civlopedia, no idea where to see those, but it seems like the same thing, it shows you what victories you have achieved and with who.