View Full Version : Learning how to create your own mod for RTW gameplay

Laurier
Jul 22, 2008, 05:51 PM
Let the learning begin.

Chamboozer
Jul 22, 2008, 06:07 PM
I just have to say, this is not what I expected to find when I clicked on the link :)

Where does one go to change the default name for a Civ leader in a scenario? I accidently replaced Hitler's name with my own and I need to change it back.

hun+celt
Jul 23, 2008, 02:35 PM
Chamboozer - are you talking about changing the name in a game you are currently playing, or permanently changing the name in a mod? If choice #1 you do this in the in-game options menu (if I remember right), if #2, the file containing Hitler's name is in XML/Text/Civ4GameText_WW2_ADDON1 under the tag TXT_KEY_LEADER_WW2_GERMANY2. Hope this helps.

Dale
Jul 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
Actually Boozer, open the WBS file in notepad, find Germany Civ definition and delete the LeaderName row completely. If it's not there, it'll take it from the XML file. :)

Just a tip, but have a look at my Civ definitions in my WBS files, and compare with yours in your WBS file. It'll give you the secret us Firaxis Mod makers have been using for years on how to get this bit to work properly. ;)

Zulu Impi
Jul 29, 2008, 12:47 PM
How do you turn off bitter winter? I play open and like to have as fast of a game as I can. And it slows down my already pretty slow comp.

sk8er AG
Aug 02, 2008, 10:29 PM
yea is there a way to quicken the winter months it does slow down the game consirdbly

Aleenik
Aug 04, 2008, 03:20 AM
yes I would like to know how to get rid of Bitter Winter..it slows the game down way too much..though I like it..it isnt worth it

Delm
Aug 04, 2008, 04:37 AM
10. BitterWinter controllable via GlobalDefinesAlt.xml (default is 1 == on). Change to 0 (zero) to turn BitterWinter off.

;)

Post too short apparently

Aleenik
Aug 04, 2008, 02:53 PM
;)

Post too short apparently

EDIT: got it..bitter winter is disabled and the turns now go faster..though it makes russia weaker..they seem to be Overpowerd to begin with