View Full Version : How do you download .33?

Ekolite
Aug 18, 2008, 05:14 AM
When I try to d/l .33 I get this popup:

When I click ''Find'' my computer can't find a program to open it and when I click save I get this stupid file that doesn't seem to do anything.

I have vista, and have the computer skills of a 5 year old, both of which are probably connected to the problem.

Usually when I d/l a new patch or version I get a similiar pop-up to the above but with a ''Run'' option instead of a ''Find'' option. Then I just click run and it sorts itself out. What gives?

Vehem
Aug 18, 2008, 06:48 AM
When I try to d/l .33 I get this popup:

When I click ''Find'' my computer can't find a program to open it and when I click save I get this stupid file that doesn't seem to do anything.

I have vista, and have the computer skills of a 5 year old, both of which are probably connected to the problem.

Usually when I d/l a new patch or version I get a similiar pop-up to the above but with a ''Run'' option instead of a ''Find'' option. Then I just click run and it sorts itself out. What gives?

Save it and try adding ".exe" to the end of the filename. Should be able to run it then. No idea why it'd be missing though.

arcticnightwolf
Aug 18, 2008, 12:35 PM
I love MIME type autodetection independent on extension in linux... (:

Ekolite
Aug 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yes... I love it too... :crazyeye: :lol:

I got it working with the add .exe thing, thanks Vehem.