View Full Version : Quoting

robehans
Aug 03, 2002, 03:45 PM
I know... i know.... this is a stupid question, but how thehell do iquote other ppl??? :eek:

Kilroy
Aug 03, 2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by robehans
I know... i know.... this is a stupid question, but how thehell do iquote other ppl??? :eek:

Hit the quote button. How did you manage to post this, anyway?

Beam
Aug 03, 2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Hit the quote button. How did you manage to post this, anyway?

I know... i know.... this is a stupid question, but how thehell do iquote other ppl???

Or do you mean quoting multiple ppl?

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 03, 2002, 04:37 PM
robehans: click faq at the top right of the GD forum page 8or pretty much any other page here). It is a small red button.
read the section on how to post, learn to write vB code 8that is the stuff in the []s....

aside from that, please ask Qs like theese in the newbie Question thread, not as seperate threads.

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 03, 2002, 04:37 PM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode

here's a page that tells all you need to know about vB code....

Ohwell
Aug 03, 2002, 05:26 PM
We have a newbie question thread? :eek:

Time to go spam it...

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Aug 03, 2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Hit the quote button. How did you manage to post this, anyway? Insult a new person asking a question again and YOU will find your having trouble posting.

And I think we have seen quite enough spamming the feedback.

So cool out with that.

Beam
Aug 04, 2002, 02:07 AM
Back to topic: robehans, did you receive an answer to your question?

starlifter
Aug 04, 2002, 06:11 AM
Lt. 'Killer' M.:
aside from that, please ask Qs like theese in the newbie Question thread, not as seperate threads.

OK, I looked. I even used my less-than newbie knowledge, and did not see a Newbie Question Thread.... I think if a newbie can even find & post to Site Feedback, they're doing pretty good.

If there is a Newbie thread, then post a link to it, because it must be an old one and buried somewhere here in SF.

That said, a clearly titled (and sitcky) thread here in Site Feedback would be a good idea. Something like "Ask newbie questions here..." or something to that effect. However, It must be easy to locate, so TF should 'Sticky' it.

But I think it would be a good idea not for the reason of reducing number of threads, but more because all newbies, and even a lot of us non-newbies, would look in one place, and chances are that newbies would learn a lot that they didn't know just by reading the thread, even if they don't post to it.

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 04, 2002, 12:46 PM
starlifter: this thread was started in General Discussion, and the newbie Qs thread is there ..... and 'sticky'...... I wouldn't have said a word if it had been in Site Feedback - I never go there ;)

starlifter
Aug 04, 2002, 04:31 PM
starlifter: this thread was started in General Discussion, and the newbie Qs thread is there ..... and 'sticky'...... I wouldn't have said a word if it had been in Site Feedback - I never go there
Ahhh.... I think I know what you're referring to now.... You're talking about the Civ 3 section!!! That's a good thread you began over there; I hardly get to the Civ 3 section, as I'm not running Civ 3 for now. I also see you have a very good FAQ thread over there, too! :cool:

robehans
Aug 05, 2002, 03:48 AM
robehans: click faq at the top right of the GD forum page 8or pretty much any other page here). It is a small red button.

Thx... yeah... now that i read the faq i know a bit about text

:)

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 05, 2002, 03:51 AM

Thx... yeah... now that i read the faq i know a bit about text

:)

:goodjob: :goodjob:

there's also a civ3 FAQ in the General Discussion Forum, as mentioned above ;)

Enjoy the game!

Ohwell
Aug 06, 2002, 09:36 PM
I don't think that the newbie question thread is catching on well...

Knight-Dragon
Aug 06, 2002, 09:44 PM
Newbies being newbies, they probably don't understand they're newbies and supposed to pose questions we would consider as newbie in that newbie thread. Am I making excellent sense here? :)

Ohwell
Aug 06, 2002, 09:46 PM
Newbie question- Where is the newbie thread?

:lol: I think it should be stickied. I can't find it :confused:

Knight-Dragon
Aug 06, 2002, 09:48 PM
It is stickied. At top of the GD forum. I think the title is 'Ask newbie questions here' or something by Killer. ;)

Ohwell
Aug 06, 2002, 09:51 PM
Oh, I thought it was in site feedback. It makes more sense though, because all new members are bound to visit the Civ3 GD forum than site feedback.

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 06, 2002, 09:51 PM
I think TF should link to it at the bottom of each page. Or put it in a popup, or maybe flourecent blinking text. No one seems to read those things.

Ohwell
Aug 06, 2002, 09:58 PM
Not another popup! :eek:

edit- btw, I liberated my 25th spot :satan:

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 07, 2002, 03:30 AM
gonzo: I always answer newbie threads and tell them where to go, too, so they do tend to post further Qs in the right places..... best we can do, I guess

Beam
Aug 07, 2002, 02:26 PM
TF could direct new CFC'ers directly to a dedicated newbie thread when they subscribe and keep them subscribed to that thread as long as their postcount is LT 10 or so. Makes it clear for everyone!

And first post in the newbie thread: multiple subscriptions are not allowed.

Don't mind helping out CFC or Civ III newbies out btw. It is just handy when it is clear where to go with these kind of questions!

Kilroy
Aug 08, 2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
Insult a new person asking a question again and YOU will find your having trouble posting.

And I think we have seen quite enough spamming the feedback.

So cool out with that.

I was under the impression that for every newbie I help out (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29056) I get a freebie or something. My bad.

Also, I hope you're not refering to me about Feedback. That'd be funny since I haven't been in weeks - you're all a bit more ban-happy over there.

Well, I hadn't been until this was moved...