View Full Version : Thunderfall has fallen?

Thunderfall
Aug 04, 2002, 12:49 AM
Not long ago I had the highest postcount on the forum; now I have dropped to the 4th position on the Top 25 posters list. :cry: Even Dell19 has more posts than me and AoA is catching up quick! :o I better do something soon to maintain my supremacy and regain my former glory! :D

What should I do? :crazyeye:

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 04, 2002, 12:55 AM
Post count doesn't matter.......so reset the others!!!

THey must've spammed so I suggest a 5% PC reduction every MONTH!!! AND SPAM! AND POST MORE!!!! AND BAN THEM!!!!

:yeah:

Or just hide postcounts and give youself 99999

Especially the part about hiding postcounts.

damunzy
Aug 04, 2002, 12:56 AM
Go back to college where you have a faster connection. Don't worry, you will catch back up with me as I don't have as much time as I used to. :)

Matrix
Aug 04, 2002, 01:17 AM
I voted for post more and spam. I'd really like to see the admin spam here and there. To keep the mods sharp. ;) Perhaps AoA would even ban you. ;) ;)

damunzy
Aug 04, 2002, 01:30 AM
I think you need to quit spamming me with the same URL in ICQ. :p

Simon Darkshade
Aug 04, 2002, 02:32 AM
Do I detect a hint of sour grapes, my dear Thunderfall? :p :D
Tsk. Some people just can't cope with one's irrepressable rise to the top. :D :king:
Only about 250 to go to catch up to the Horse, and he no longer works nights... :mwaha:

My solution to the matter: Reset PH76's pc to zero, and the same for Dell.
Then I will let you catch up, and conspire to keep ye at the top, with me as a loyal second. :D :lol:

Ren
Aug 04, 2002, 03:51 AM
Hm, you can either:

A: SPAM! Then you can't stop me without being a hypocrite ;) :D

B: Get over it because it's just a damn postcount [punch] :p

starlifter
Aug 04, 2002, 08:26 AM
As the BBS kingpin (owner), postcounts are especially unimportant for you. But, if you just removed all reference to PCs in the Sig block now that we have custom Avatars (300 post minimum), it would not even be a noticible issue :).

I guess you could write a script to make random posts in random threads with nice tidings and thoughts. Say, about 1 every 30 minutes. That's 48 posts per day, and should catch you up quick, hehehe.

joespaniel
Aug 04, 2002, 09:50 AM
Well, first off you need a custom battleship avatar.
The Civ3 one is out of style. :D

Starlifters idea sounds good. Copy-and-paste "sounds good guys" or "very nice thread" 40 or 50 times a day in random posts until you catch up. :lol:

EDIT: And watch out for Knight-Dragon, he's been posting like crazy lately. I have a feeling he will be the darkhorse in the top 4. ;)

kittenOFchaos
Aug 04, 2002, 09:57 AM
What happened to Philippe? :confused:

...he was posting at 40 a day! :eek:

:lol:

.:KNAS:.
Aug 04, 2002, 10:05 AM
I have come up with a three step plan, first of all, a little postcount reduction, then ban them for a week or two (or three) then spam your brains out so it will take years for them to catch up with you.

dannyevilcat
Aug 04, 2002, 10:19 AM
Isn't there a secret moderator's forum or something? Why not just make the posts in there count then, if there is?

Aug 04, 2002, 10:23 AM
There is such a rumoured place..... It is know as a 'Staff-Forum' and on some days when the server is whacked, us regular peons can enter and even post! But that may not be wise however, as the gods will be upset...

spycatcher34
Aug 04, 2002, 10:28 AM
Spam some more just post a few more of these type threads and your there. :rolleyes: ;)

Ohwell
Aug 04, 2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
What happened to Philippe? :confused:

...he was posting at 40 a day! :eek:

:lol:

He was put in one of Darkshade's Jugend camps! :lol:

Fez_Monk
Aug 04, 2002, 10:33 AM
Spam, ban the top 3 posters for a week, reset PC, spam, post, and spam.

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Aug 04, 2002, 12:19 PM
People still pay attention to PC?

Waste of time.

Switch625
Aug 04, 2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Thunderfall
What should I do?

Whatever the heck you want to. You are the Admin.

Sodapop
Aug 04, 2002, 02:55 PM
Simply answer to every possible threads. It's not that hard, and I'm pretty sure it will get your post count up. Or simply start flame war somewhere with someone that is almost always online. All those together should do it. :D

Chieftess
Aug 04, 2002, 02:58 PM
Simple, during the days Thunderfall couldn't get to the site (DNS changes), the others were allowed to catch up. So, post more. ;)

Thunderfall
Aug 04, 2002, 09:40 PM
People seem to prefer banning of the top 3 posters, so that's probably what I would do. :D j/k
PH wrote:
Go back to college where you have a faster connection. Don't worry, you will catch back up with me as I don't have as much time as I used to.
Don't remind me... ;) It's the saddest thing about leaving college -- no more wondrous T1 connection. :(

My very modest goal now is to remain in the top 5. :scan: No one is kicking me off the top 5 list!!! :D

Cunobelin Of Hippo
Aug 04, 2002, 10:03 PM

My very modest goal now is to remain in the top 5. :scan: No one is kicking me off the top 5 list!!! :D

I once made a similar vow...and look at me now! :cry:

Just give yourself a little infinite sign beside 'Postcount' TF ;)

Zwelgje
Aug 04, 2002, 11:35 PM
TF, you should be able to overtake Dell as he is on holiday now! ;)

duke o' york
Aug 05, 2002, 01:26 AM
Aaah - did you fall? Poor old you. Did you graze your knee?

You could change your username to Thunderfell though, but other than that I wouldn't worry overly about postcount. We don't respect Simon just because he has a greater postcount than you do - it's mostly fear to be honest.
What has happened to the rising young star of Belgium's spam community anyway? I hope that he has decided that his schoolwork is ultimately more important than having fun at CFC but he is always welcome back. :) Rodgers seems to be on holiday too, so the OT is a little quiet in the European afternoon. Well, until Lefty arrives that is.

Switch625
Aug 05, 2002, 02:24 AM
Philippe checked in over at Gamecatcher, saying that he was off at a camp of some sort, but will return within the week. It didn't sound like he was having much fun, so expect an increased flow of postings from him when he gets back!

Knight-Dragon
Aug 05, 2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by joespaniel
EDIT: And watch out for Knight-Dragon, he's been posting like crazy lately. I have a feeling he will be the darkhorse in the top 4. ;) Actually, fell two places to no. 8. Which is a good thing as the number 8 is an auspicious number for the Chinese. :D

As for TF's little problem, easy. Lend me your acct and I'll spam for you. :D Seriously though, it's no biggie....

floppa21
Aug 05, 2002, 06:47 AM
Switch is that you?! No more oddball pentagonal thingy? :(

As for TF, I say we ban him for starting a PC thread!!! Or at least reset his PC... :goodjob:

Lefty Scaevola
Aug 05, 2002, 07:36 AM
Thunderfall has fallen.......

and can't get up.

Someone push the post button for him.

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Aug 05, 2002, 08:34 AM
I should ban all you bums for spamming.

Slimeballs.

:yeah:

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 05, 2002, 12:29 PM
We aren't spamming we're increasing our postcounts......duh!!!

And TF started it!!!!! :p

Lefty Scaevola
Aug 05, 2002, 12:36 PM
Chris, you are outside your jusrisdiction in this froum, but partly within mine.:splat:

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Aug 05, 2002, 02:01 PM
I go were I'm most needed.

Zwelgje
Aug 05, 2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
I go were I'm most needed.
In true A-team spirit......:lol: ;)

Lucky
Aug 05, 2002, 02:40 PM
On a slight off-topic note, I think itīs no wonder TF has fallen! :p

He constantly loses his iron grip on this forum, has almost no control over anybody here anymore. ;)
The fact that you have allowed CUSTOM AVATARS ( :eek: ) is the biggest proof for this thesis. After battling for hundreds of years against any form of this nonsense, you have given in to demands of mere mortals. :lol:
So the truth is, you have gotten too weak to stay in the top position, the weak will fall, sooner or later. :yeah:

P.S.: This is all not meant (too) seriously.
:D

CurtSibling
Aug 05, 2002, 05:07 PM
I think the Lorde of Thunder should get posting and push his way back into the exhalted halls of top spot...

Can't he just automatically jump to 5000 posts?

It would give the Horse and Herr Darkshade a target to aim for!

I'll soon be hitting the big 3k myself...I plan to go to Pizza hut to celebrate!

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Aug 05, 2002, 05:53 PM
Cheating is for lesser men, not our leader. :yeah:

joespaniel
Aug 05, 2002, 08:57 PM
Hoo-ah! ;)

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 05, 2002, 09:13 PM
TF, I'm surprised you haven't posted more in this thread! It's a great PC booster. You can also make posts like this, which serve a very small purpose but no one would accuse of being spam for the sheer reason that they are more than 1 line.

If you'd like a true lesson in spamming, just ICQ PH and ask, he taught me a month ago and ever since then my PC has boosted dramatically.

ummm... just kidding

And if we're going to do the A-Team routine in here.....can I be murdoch?????? :D

PinkyGen
Aug 05, 2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Lucky
O
So the truth is, you have gotten too weak to stay in the top position, the weak will fall, sooner or later. :yeah:

P.S.: This is all not meant (too) seriously.
:D

*Silently starts humming the internationale*
;)

Thunderfall
Aug 05, 2002, 11:55 PM
I am feeling indifferent about lots of things on the forum now... probably because I spend much less time browsing the forum and the net in general than in the past. I'll just go with what the majority here wants and be a people's admin instead of an ironfisted dictator. ;)

People can change, but the battleship avatar is forever! :)

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 06, 2002, 12:01 AM
See there TF, that wasn't too hard. now you need to respond to this, then you'll be 1 closer to PH!!!

But seriously, I liked the ironfist better!!!!! You just need a few more bans to get back into it. How about AOA!!! :D Or maybe Floppa to get you started, he'd like that.

Matrix
Aug 06, 2002, 02:48 AM
Cheating is for lesser men, not our leader. :yeah:
But losing is? :rolleyes:
People can change, but the battleship avatar is forever! :)
I'll remind you to that when you change your avatar again... ;)

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 06, 2002, 03:21 AM
hrm, hrm, TF, can't you simply turn all those PMs (you know which I am talking abour :blush: ) into posts? ;)

aside from that - ban them! Then I get closer to the top! ;)

Zwelgje
Aug 06, 2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
aside from that - ban them! Then I get closer to the top! ;)
Closer to the top? You are already almost on top of the list, any higher and you are top of the list with 2600+ posts! :lol:

Knight-Dragon
Aug 06, 2002, 03:45 AM
Did a quick check; Killer's no 12. To get to no 1, he'd need to outpost the likes of PH, Genghis, Dell, Simon etc. A hard task under any circumstances. ;)

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 06, 2002, 03:47 AM
KD: :lol: with all the newbie Qs popping up..... ;)

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 06, 2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
Did a quick check; Killer's no 12. To get to no 1, he'd need to outpost the likes of PH, Genghis, Dell, Simon etc. A hard task under any circumstances. ;)

and I would have to pass you - no way! :lol: :lol: :crazyeye:

Knight-Dragon
Aug 06, 2002, 03:50 AM
Are there that many newbie Qs? If so, maybe TF can open up a subforum within the Civ3 GD and all the newbie stuff can go there. Just a suggestion. :)

And you, Killer, can be the official speaksperson. :)

Lt. 'Killer' M.
Aug 06, 2002, 03:58 AM
there are at least 5 or so threads a day where the answers is in the FAQ... also, we have a newbie Q thread now - and hardly anyone uses it. It even is sticky....... ;)

spycatcher34
Aug 06, 2002, 05:05 AM
Hmm yeah Tf go post in the civ3 jungle it really add to the pc... :rolleyes: ;)

floppa21
Aug 06, 2002, 06:45 AM
I am feeling indifferent about lots of things on the forum now... probably because I spend much less time browsing the forum and the net in general than in the past. I'll just go with what the majority here wants and be a people's admin instead of an ironfisted dictator. ;)

TF = Turnip Farmer

That's right, ya big :sheep: !!! "INDIFFERENT"?! "JUST GO WITH"??!! "PEOPLE'S ADMIN"???!!! I am shocked and appalled. Not to mention ashamed. Take Gonzo's advice! Ban some people and get back into the swing of things! Start with me, then maybe Knight Dragon just because... And Philllllipe! He'd never know! And Darky... Yah! And maybe toss that Civ-1-Addict also. That should straighten your crumpet TF! :goodjob: "I'll just go with what the majority here wants..." I NEVER want to hear you say that crap again... :(

Knight-Dragon
Aug 06, 2002, 09:22 AM
Floppa, what are you, Defender of the Crown's Dignity? :lol: T'is TF's board and he can do anything he pleases w/o interference fr us mere ordinary mortals. :p

And calling him names isn't going to advance your cause either. :lol:

floppa21
Aug 06, 2002, 09:30 AM
Oh I know he won't change his mind just because I say something... But I wanted to let my opinion be heard. :shrug: :) As for the name calling, no serious harm was intended and none will be taken I am sure. TF has really ALWAYS listened to the people... This just seemed like a big old leap rather than a step...

Ohwell
Aug 06, 2002, 11:03 AM
I just checked the member list, and I am OFF the top 25! :eek: Evil! Civ3 forums, here I come :satan:

:mwaha:

Alcibiaties of Athenae
Aug 06, 2002, 11:33 AM
I would be happy to ban myself, but i'm not in the correct user group.

floppa21
Aug 06, 2002, 12:11 PM
I would be happy to ban myself, but i'm not in the correct user group.

For what? I'd demand to know why you banned yourself and start a thread in Site Feedback about unfair/harsh self-treatment and badmouth you for unjustly banning yourself... :D

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 06, 2002, 02:36 PM
For what? I'd demand to know why you banned yourself and start a thread in Site Feedback about unfair/harsh self-treatment and badmouth you for unjustly banning yourself...

Why not, It's all the rage these days :D

I would like floppa21 as a mod, it would help the rest of us dodge such mod whining threads simply by posting "At least I'm not as bad as floppa."

But of course, I would hate to see floppa banned, with his ever so beautiful sig :D

And I agree with floppa's comments on TF, yah weakling! ;)

Demetrias
Aug 08, 2002, 03:21 PM
hey TF you can always join a nes. there fun and we need new people and it will jump your post count especially if you get in a good game like the UKneses or JNESes. Come on over there and join.

Matrix
Aug 09, 2002, 12:19 PM
I just noticed I'm on 27th spot. :cry: Thought I'd be in the top 25 again when I overtake BlueMonday (done by this post :rolleyes: ), but Ohwell and IceBlaZe did so as well.

Spammers!! :p

Switch625
Aug 09, 2002, 12:46 PM
Eh. I'm number 60 on the hit parade. If I were a relentless spammer, I could make that up in no time. Fortunately, I'm just an occasional spammer. :)

Ohwell
Aug 09, 2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Matrix
I just noticed I'm on 27th spot. :cry: Thought I'd be in the top 25 again when I overtake BlueMonday (done by this post :rolleyes: ), but Ohwell and IceBlaZe did so as well.

Spammers!! :p

Lefty Scaevola
Aug 09, 2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Ohwell

Sorry, but we have a policy that posters cannot be in the top 25 until they have been here for a least one year. TF will be visiting your (and other's) profile shortly. :ninja:

Ohwell
Aug 09, 2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Sorry, but we have a policy that posters cannot be in the top 25 until they have been here for a least one year. TF will be visiting your (and other's) profile shortly. :ninja:

Feh! That might fool a newbie, but not me :mwaha:

Zwelgje
Aug 09, 2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
Good to see I (or should I say my PC) am safe. ;)

fimp
Aug 11, 2002, 04:31 AM
OMG! If anyone other than Thunderfall had posted this, he would have been very, very unpopular :rolleyes:

Beam
Aug 11, 2002, 04:53 AM
Thunderfall,

A reaction to all "good" ideas here would definitely help. My 2 cents hehehe.

Lefty Scaevola
Aug 11, 2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by fimp
OMG! If anyone other than Thunderfall had posted this, he would have been very, very unpopular :rolleyes:

Did you miss TF's generous 20 minute window for for posting spam threads. Tough luck; be more alert for your opportunities next time, a year from now. :p

Switch625
Aug 11, 2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by fimp

Thunderfall is the reason CivFanatics is here. If it weren't for him, you wouldn't have had this opportunity to show your disrespect. Dissing Thunderfall is the quickest way to turn everyone here against you. Be advised.

chiefpaco
Aug 12, 2002, 11:04 AM
Join the demogame and/or Succession Games! Then get yourself involved in heated debates about the direction and state of the nation! Then try to change all the rules mid-way through the games! Check out the top posters and see how many are in these games.

:lol: :o :lol:

Strider
Aug 12, 2002, 07:24 PM
TF.... can you make my PC 7000? I would love to see the top 25 posters reaction to find that a 800(almost 900) poster has over taken them in a day.

Thunderfall
Aug 12, 2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Strider
TF.... can you make my PC 7000? I would love to see the top 25 posters reaction to find that a 800(almost 900) poster has over taken them in a day.

Sure, how much are you willing to pay? ;) :D

----
Switch: I am not sure why I should feel insulted by fimp's post. :confused:

Strider
Aug 12, 2002, 08:38 PM

Sure, how much are you willing to pay? ;) :D

umm.... let me see here..... 5 nickels.. a hairpen... and a... No I want to keep the dog treat... Wait what's that!!!? Nevermind I'm keeping that also.... Their's some smashed cake.... oooo and some melted ice cream also.

Switch625
Aug 12, 2002, 08:43 PM
Switch: I am not sure why I should feel insulted by fimp's post. :confused:

Perhaps I misunderstood the post.

Octavian X
Aug 13, 2002, 02:47 AM
If you want to make someone mad, give someone whose never posted in the forums an abnormally high PC. (ex. 12,000)

Juize
Aug 13, 2002, 03:03 AM
If you want to make someone mad, give someone whose never posted in the forums an abnormally high PC. (ex. 12,000)

Better yet, you can give some newbie a pc of 47 000.
23 500 posts per day would look pretty... I just realized that this would be a good aprils fool! :yeah:

Eklektikos
Aug 13, 2002, 03:35 AM
Meh, I say you should give Floppa21 a PC increase of 47 000, just for the fun of it :D

floppa21
Aug 13, 2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Eklektikos
Meh, I say you should give Floppa21 a PC increase of 47 000, just for the fun of it :D

Bastard... :p I can't keep TF happy with $20 a month to keep my PC low. And this just gives them terrible ideas Eklektikos...

Hey TF, is a pc reduction still a form of punishment? Was it ever? I remember reading once a ban and a 10% decrease but don't know if it was ever actually used...

Knight-Dragon
Aug 13, 2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by floppa21
Hey TF, is a pc reduction still a form of punishment? Was it ever? I remember reading once a ban and a 10% decrease but don't know if it was ever actually used... Still is. Esp for hardened spammers. Thinking of giving it a go? :p

floppa21
Aug 13, 2002, 12:23 PM
Err, no... AOA, Lefty, and TF against me? They would conspire some evil twisted punishment for me without pc reduction or banning probably. Change my big green smiley to a butt or something.

Aug 13, 2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by floppa21
Err, no... AOA, Lefty, and TF against me? They would conspire some evil twisted punishment for me without pc reduction or banning probably. Change my big green smiley to a butt or something.

Not only that, but also an increase in PC!!! Oh the sheer horror!!!

Strider
Aug 13, 2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by .:KNAS:.

Not only that, but also an increase in PC!!! Oh the sheer horror!!!

An Increase in PC for a punishment?

Sign Me Up!!!

Eklektikos
Aug 13, 2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Strider

An Increase in PC for a punishment?

Sign Me Up!!!
I suspect this would only apply to strange & contrary people like floppa. In your case I think permanently reducing the PC to 299 would be appropriate, if not actually technically feasible :mwaha:

Strider
Aug 13, 2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Eklektikos

I suspect this would only apply to strange & contrary people like floppa. In your case I think permanently reducing the PC to 299 would be appropriate, if not actually technically feasible :mwaha:

Well at the rate I'm posting I might have gotten back all of those... when I got on today I had a PC of 889... Now I have what? 920 something?

Dell19
Aug 15, 2002, 02:51 AM
Well I'm not voting for the first option because it would be a little bit silly :p and the second one as well because then I wouldn't be able to have a custom avator.

Raven1er
Aug 15, 2002, 10:34 AM
how about you reset the top 3 posters to 500? they will still have their custom avatar option, and it will take another year to make it all up

philippe
Aug 17, 2002, 04:55 AM
OH boy oh boy.
Dont cry for me spamming community;)
I will come back and post about 100 posts a day :muhaha:

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 17, 2002, 01:19 PM
OH boy oh boy.
Dont cry for me spamming community
I will come back and post about 100 posts a day :muhaha:

Woohoo!!! We thought you were gone for good! But your back!!!

BCLG100
Aug 17, 2002, 01:48 PM
why dont you open up the peanuts gallery again allow posts in that to count for one night and just spam it all then when the rest of us arrive it will be closed you will have a few thousand posts and you will be beating everyone