View Full Version : Caveman 2 Cosmos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 04, 2011, 03:59 PM
In none of my games have I seen kelp spread diagonally. A

CCCO (C=Coast.)
LLCO (L=Land.)
LCRO (R=Reef.)
LCOO (O=Ocean.)

stops kelp from spreading from north to south (line 2 to line 3).

I have had it do so, or so I thought. However that is part of "feature sprad" which is in the dll and beyond my control. Koshling said he was looking in that area for other stuff so maybe he will find out what is really happening.

lymond
Jul 04, 2011, 05:11 PM
Hey, just tried this mod out today for the first time. It has some cool concepts and I like the idea of a stone age start. I have an issue and a question or two.

I found the game became very buggy for me around 2000BC. It could be that I'm just not using the right settings. I used the Earth 28 Civ scenario, I think at Normal speed and Emperor difficulty as England. I have a feel that Normal speed is just not meant for this mod as the pacing seemed rather off. I chipped away to about 600 BC and the tech path or current tech status did not seem to match up realistically with the real game. I was not even to Sailing yet, which by the way has a very odd tech path with prereq techs far in the future. I did not understand that.

Anyway, these are some of the bugs I found.

1) At some point around 2000BC, units just stop moving. In other words, say I gave a command to a gatherer or a wanderer or sent a canoe exploring, it would then not automatically move me to the next unit that needed an action and the end turn button would always stay green. Also, newly built units just stayed in the city doing nothing. That is, the game was not queuing me to take action with active units.

2) I swear that some buildings I build would appear again several turns later as items I could build. Seemed mainly the small culture producing buildings.

3) London, my only city for a very long time, started producing overflow gold every other build or so. This may be standard but I don't understand the concept.

So besides reporting apparent bugs, which hopefully are just an issue with my settings, what are the recommended settings to play? If the mod is in a solid state, what are the best scenarios/maps and settings/options to get the best experience?

thanks and please let me know if you need more information

Thunderbrd
Jul 04, 2011, 05:37 PM
One sad bug I found last night:

Interfaith seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever :( Ok, so I think the idea belongs in the transhuman era (with something like it on a personal level available at the time this comes into play. - aka spreads all religions you have in any city to all of your cities in a one time burst)) But yeah, it didn't work at all in the first place. Sad.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 04, 2011, 07:26 PM
Hey, just tried this mod out today for the first time. It has some cool concepts and I like the idea of a stone age start. I have an issue and a question or two.

I found the game became very buggy for me around 2000BC. It could be that I'm just not using the right settings. I used the Earth 28 Civ scenario, I think at Normal speed and Emperor difficulty as England. I have a feel that Normal speed is just not meant for this mod as the pacing seemed rather off. I chipped away to about 600 BC and the tech path or current tech status did not seem to match up realistically with the real game. I was not even to Sailing yet, which by the way has a very odd tech path with prereq techs far in the future. I did not understand that.

Anyway, these are some of the bugs I found.

1) At some point around 2000BC, units just stop moving. In other words, say I gave a command to a gatherer or a wanderer or sent a canoe exploring, it would then not automatically move me to the next unit that needed an action and the end turn button would always stay green. Also, newly built units just stayed in the city doing nothing. That is, the game was not queuing me to take action with active units.

2) I swear that some buildings I build would appear again several turns later as items I could build. Seemed mainly the small culture producing buildings.

3) London, my only city for a very long time, started producing overflow gold every other build or so. This may be standard but I don't understand the concept.

So besides reporting apparent bugs, which hopefully are just an issue with my settings, what are the recommended settings to play? If the mod is in a solid state, what are the best scenarios/maps and settings/options to get the best experience?

thanks and please let me know if you need more information

Normal speed is way to fast. Epic is supposed to be good. I prefer snail. Others like eternity.

1) There are some units that you give move instructions to when they have no moves left this turn and nothing happens. It stays with the unit selected and move shown. The only way I have found to fix this is to give the same order a second time or clear orders for the unit.

2) many people have reported this but they are always vague so we have not been able to trace the exact instance so we can repeat it and find out what is happening.

One sad bug I found last night:

Interfaith seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever :( Ok, so I think the idea belongs in the transhuman era (with something like it on a personal level available at the time this comes into play. - aka spreads all religions you have in any city to all of your cities in a one time burst)) But yeah, it didn't work at all in the first place. Sad.

I thought I had that working fine. Unfotunately I have not been able to make it that far into a game recently to check.

Thunderbrd
Jul 04, 2011, 07:47 PM
I think the Tumulous may be an example of a building that comes up to be built over and over... but it doesn't always happen that way. I ran across a building that did that but it didn't do it everywhere, just the one city that had the problem and I couldn't think of any reason it may be happening.

I was asked for an example of a building upgrade chain and I would almost ask, does it EVER work? I mean, just about every building the replaces another doesn't seem to be acting quite right - I can often build the replacement building while the original to be upgraded is even in the possible to build building lists. Ok, early game, take a look at the early housing.

Sleeeper
Jul 04, 2011, 08:46 PM
How to disable "No Future Era" setting? It's enabled by default and i don't see it on the option screen anymore when starting new game.

VineFynn
Jul 04, 2011, 11:51 PM
Thanx :) Im gonna try a 49 civ duel :)
God help you when a civ rebels

strategyonly
Jul 05, 2011, 12:03 AM
How to disable "No Future Era" setting? It's enabled by default and i don't see it on the option screen anymore when starting new game.

In the next version it will be no problem but thiws is how it looks in the GameOptions area NOW:

<GameOptionInfo>
<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE_HELP</Help>
<bDefault>0</bDefault>
<bVisible>0</bVisible>
</GameOptionInfo>

God help you when a civ rebels

I dont think he's watching, any ways i dont think he's not going to have much of a problem with that, all depending on how big a map he has, cause that is ALOT of space used up. And might i say :crazyeye::lol:

nightcreature
Jul 05, 2011, 03:53 AM
I guess i just got a bad download, when i re-downloaded it, no glitch.

molodets
Jul 05, 2011, 09:21 AM
Hi Guys, i get a CTD when hovering over Australia's icon in foreign advisor or the score display. This shows up in PythonErr.log:

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 998, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1478, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5576, in updateScoreStrings

ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvScreensInterface", line 115, in showForeignAdvisorScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 330, in interfaceScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 352, in drawContents

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 453, in drawRelations

File "CvForeignAdvisor", line 593, in drawRelations

ERR: Python function showForeignAdvisorScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface

Aside from that, great mod!

civ2
Jul 05, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hi.
It seems to be a really HUGE mod - the type I really ADORE.
Except... I can't download it yet...
The atomicgamer link is too slow...
Is there any NORMAL link, with at least 100kb/s FREE???
Megaupload is a good example, also Mediafire is cool, since you can have loads of simultaneous links, thus downloading 10 parts at the same time (and getting the total traffic times 10!), unlike stupid Rapidshare.

Sleeeper
Jul 05, 2011, 11:45 AM
Hi.
It seems to be a really HUGE mod - the type I really ADORE.
Except... I can't download it yet...
The atomicgamer link is too slow...
Is there any NORMAL link, with at least 100kb/s FREE???
Megaupload is a good example, also Mediafire is cool, since you can have loads of simultaneous links, thus downloading 10 parts at the same time (and getting the total traffic times 10!), unlike stupid Rapidshare.Torrent link (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AFAB84747758A7E8C858E70355892 BDC4880727B)

civ2
Jul 05, 2011, 11:49 AM
No, I meant a file hoster like Rapidshare (but with less limits for free users).
Torrents are too unreliable.
Your isn't even working.
Anyways, I'll have to wait 2 more hours to get the file...
No other options...

Sleeeper
Jul 05, 2011, 12:04 PM
Actually it works. I see 10 seeders and 17 more leechers :P

civ2
Jul 05, 2011, 01:21 PM
Ok, I finally downloaded it.
DUDE!!!
It's one word: AWESOME!!!
Civilization got a totally NEW look!!!
I never hoped for such a drastic improvement in Civ game play!!!
GREAT JOB!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

gdambrauskas
Jul 05, 2011, 05:21 PM
maybe someone knows an answer, i just started playing this mod:

1) where can i check rev index value? it's not where it used to be in vanilla rom+and. I was nice to see precise values for rev index.
2) worker/missionary automation and unit auto explore is gone?

this might be something obvious i am missing...

thanks!

Sleeeper
Jul 05, 2011, 05:23 PM
Every game I keep getting this error spam in the same time right before discovering Theology. When it starts spam it does that every next turn.

PS: savegame is made with svn rev45+extra animals, max compat.
BTW no locusts were spawned ever.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 05, 2011, 06:40 PM
maybe someone knows an answer, i just started playing this mod:

1) where can i check rev index value? it's not where it used to be in vanilla rom+and. I was nice to see precise values for rev index.
2) worker/missionary automation and unit auto explore is gone?

this might be something obvious i am missing...

thanks!

All these can be fixed in the BUG options screens. 2) is happening because the hide automate buttons are selected for workers and missionaries.

Every game I keep getting this error spam in the same time right before discovering Theology. When it starts spam it does that every next turn.

That looks like an error I just fixed but I will check you save out.

Locusts spawning has been taken out while I work on it. For it to work properly I need to replace The Great Wall. I have the idea and the beginnings of an algorithm but am no where near coding it yet. Basically instead of the Great Wall protecting all your land from barbarians for all time a series of forts will be built on your border. These will then, expand your borders sometimes and exert a "zone of control" so that if you man the forts no one can pass them without first destroying them. The forts then loose their usefulness as you expand an you will need to build another wonder to secure your borders later. As I said all theory at the moment.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 05, 2011, 10:34 PM

I can't get this save to load. Probably because I have been messing with game fonts.

@Sleeeper, do you have a PythonErr.log in the Logs folder 9same place as the saves folder)? if so can you compress it and post it here for me to look at. If not can you turn logging on for next time. I am not so sure it is the same error as I have fixed. (:

Sleeeper
Jul 06, 2011, 01:00 AM
I can't get this save to load. Probably because I have been messing with game fonts.

@Sleeeper, do you have a PythonErr.log in the Logs folder 9same place as the saves folder)? if so can you compress it and post it here for me to look at. If not can you turn logging on for next time. I am not so sure it is the same error as I have fixed. (:

That log seems overwritten by later playing after my post, though i continued with rev52 and error spam is gone away \o/

gdambrauskas
Jul 06, 2011, 09:07 AM
yesterday was trying c2c in multiplayer (no idea if it's supposed to be working or not...) and ran into the problem of instant oos when attacking barbarians (both my friend and I get oos when we attacked an animal). Turning off barbs completely fixed oos and we played for ~70 turns with no oos (went to sleep after 70 turns not because had another oos). I remember this being an issue in one of the versions of rom or new dawn, can't remember which. Kinda sad that prehistoric age suffers from that, since hunting animals for food and hammers was cool.

Is anyone playing c2c in mp? I am not sure what will happen when we get to the point when revs will start happening (i play with revs on in mp).

Just want a confirmation that mp and c2c have been successfully done by anyone.

thank!

rwglaub
Jul 06, 2011, 05:11 PM
Did you guys turn off Corporations and Guilds? I have them selected in my present game, but even though I meet the requirements I can't found one.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 06, 2011, 05:30 PM
Did you guys turn off Corporations and Guilds? I have them selected in my present game, but even though I meet the requirements I can't found one.

I am not sure. In my latest game I had them, Guilds, turn off but could still build some of the buildings. I keep meaning to have a look to see what is going on but keep getting side tracked.

strategyonly
Jul 06, 2011, 08:55 PM

Nope, never did a thing to them since they were put ingame.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 07, 2011, 12:24 AM
@Thunderbrd I found out why the InterFaith project as not working - the xml file to link in the python code was missing.

@others Aren't the options in the custom game screen shown in the attachment now in the BUG options screen? Shouldn't they be removed from here to reduce confusion?

masamune
Jul 07, 2011, 12:58 AM
Whenever I load the mod, the last screen I usually see was the main menu. Upon clicking the "single player" the "running" man icon is shown. After a while, *BOOM* an error occurred (I think Runtime error). In the worst case scenario, the last screen I see is the loading screen for the mod (transition between the game CIV IV: BTS to C2C). Can anyone help me with my problem?

I can tell you that I can run Witcher 2 just fine so my specs isn't an issue. I think I got a prob with the game's version, or I downloaded it wrong (I used torrent), or I'm using BTS? (should I use warlords or civ 4 only without expansionS?) thanks a bunch

strategyonly
Jul 07, 2011, 02:09 AM
@others Aren't the options in the custom game screen shown in the attachment now in the BUG options screen? Shouldn't they be removed from here to reduce confusion?

Nope these are totally different options than in BUG.

Starblazer
Jul 07, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hello guys, first of all I want to say that this is a nice mod, but I have a problem.
I mean that once I have already built some constructions in various cities, after a bit time, in the built list that constructions are again available, like if in the cities hadn't built nothing before !!
Any idea? Perhaps I need to find a patch for this mod? or I have to set something before to start to play?
Thank for your help

strategyonly
Jul 07, 2011, 09:21 AM
Hello guys, first of all I want to say that this is a nice mod, but I have a problem.
I mean that once I have already built some constructions in various cities, after a bit time, in the built list that constructions are again available, like if in the cities hadn't built nothing before !!
Any idea? Perhaps I need to find a patch for this mod? or I have to set something before to start to play?
Thank for your help

Yeah, we are trying to figure that out, i believe we have a fix, but that wont be tell version 14 comes out around the 15th or so. Hopefully by then we can get that fix, keep your fingers crossed.

btw Welcome to CFC.

KrumStrashni
Jul 07, 2011, 10:58 AM
Guys, I have a little suggestion on re-tweaking parts of the tech tree in the Industrial Era. What I so far noticed are some historical discrepancies. I play on snail speed. So what I am implying is the following:

I think the Infatnry unit is reached way too fast. I think that before reaching the infantry units and modern grenadiers flamethrowers, battleships and so on...which to my understanding are part of the WWII era...one should be able to have a better emulation of WWI. What happens is that everyone reaches "automatic weapons" way too early. Then lots of infantry units are recruited and only long way after one reaches "tank warfare" which unlocks Early Tanks..that in fact are weaker than an infantry unit. The way I see it is that WWI saw early tanks before motorcycles and flamethrowers, and V2 rockets. In that sense, trench warfare and trench infantry units should be available at the same time as early tanks, machine guns, airships and early fighters even. The development of the navy progresses more logicaly. I think, it's not a great deal of work, may be it's just necessary to change some prerequisites and make infantry units and flamethrowers unlock later..only after all WWI units have been made available for some time.

Another thing is that all those Warlord units in my opinion should be made "national" rather than "hidden nationality". The AI constantly expolits them and wastes its resources trying to storm bunkers and heavily fortified positions on my state borders with little chance of success even when borders are closed. Another thing that is a bit annoying is when you open the borders and the AI pours in to hunt your warlord units and attempt killing them. In a while it turns into a very tedious cycle. To be honest, i believe the game wouldn't lose much if those warlord units are removed.

Thank you very much for the great work.

BlueGenie
Jul 08, 2011, 07:03 AM
OOS after ending turn, every time. Tried reinstalling the game twice and keeps happening.
Could it have to do with Barb Civs popping up?

Anyway, attaching MaxComp savegame the turn before the unavoidable OOS.

Three man game, it's the Mali that have a different sync value. No neanderthals (deleted the folder, all three did).

strategyonly
Jul 08, 2011, 07:30 AM
Guys, I have a little suggestion on re-tweaking parts of the tech tree in the Industrial Era.

Do you know how to do XML, if so, send me a copy of what exactly your talking about and i will take a look at it ok.

Sleeeper
Jul 08, 2011, 08:38 AM
rev72 dll causes CTD periodically when choosing tech to research, previous version was ok. (atm playing in Renaissanse era)

http://s013.radikal.ru/i322/1107/59/ddf5571700e0.png

Hydromancerx
Jul 08, 2011, 04:41 PM
Guys, I have a little suggestion on re-tweaking parts of the tech tree in the Industrial Era. What I so far noticed are some historical discrepancies. I play on snail speed. So what I am implying is the following:

I think the Infatnry unit is reached way too fast. I think that before reaching the infantry units and modern grenadiers flamethrowers, battleships and so on...which to my understanding are part of the WWII era...one should be able to have a better emulation of WWI. What happens is that everyone reaches "automatic weapons" way too early. Then lots of infantry units are recruited and only long way after one reaches "tank warfare" which unlocks Early Tanks..that in fact are weaker than an infantry unit. The way I see it is that WWI saw early tanks before motorcycles and flamethrowers, and V2 rockets. In that sense, trench warfare and trench infantry units should be available at the same time as early tanks, machine guns, airships and early fighters even. The development of the navy progresses more logicaly. I think, it's not a great deal of work, may be it's just necessary to change some prerequisites and make infantry units and flamethrowers unlock later..only after all WWI units have been made available for some time.

Another thing is that all those Warlord units in my opinion should be made "national" rather than "hidden nationality". The AI constantly expolits them and wastes its resources trying to storm bunkers and heavily fortified positions on my state borders with little chance of success even when borders are closed. Another thing that is a bit annoying is when you open the borders and the AI pours in to hunt your warlord units and attempt killing them. In a while it turns into a very tedious cycle. To be honest, i believe the game wouldn't lose much if those warlord units are removed.

Here is the current tech tree (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AsdBtytHP7lodDl2a2tIYkVQSjBIRjRSb29YLW9NZ2c&output=html) with X Y coordinates. If you could lay out where you would move techs or even what units you would move around please let us know. I am not as familiar with history during the WWI and WWII eras. Any help would be great to getting the techs more accurate.

Camber
Jul 08, 2011, 06:11 PM
Just want to give some feedback:
I love the fact that people on the design team are on the great people lists. I had a prophet named Dancing Hoskuld, and I have a great general who is kicking butt all over the planet named HydromancerX. I attached him to a unit and he's unstoppable. I'm currently getting about 5 errors at the beginning of each turn saying something about the build for a unit could not be shown, and then an error code. When I get back to my main computer I can write it down (probably tomorrow night). Maybe has something to do with great people being born around the world. That wasn't happening for the first 300 or so turns, and then started.

The Great Farmer is the best idea I have ever seen in this game. Please do not nerf that feature. I just realized what it is, and I cannot wait to get back to my computer so I can finish building one in 6 turns and get to use him.

DH, the last update that you posted still has my Kelp broken. I changed the name of the Schema file as you suggested, but it made my game unloadable, so I just put it back to the way it was. I love the War Rhino though, so I'm going to just keep it the way it is for now. I feel so bad that I can't build mammoths, maybe next game I'll get a chance at that.

Thanks guys; this is an awesome project and has made the game so much fun again. I tried it on Snail speed as suggested, and it just took way too long. I think I'm using the setting just slower than Normal, and it seems right for me, as long as I use production queues to utilize the multiple production feature.

EDIT: I have to disagree with KrumStrashni's last point. The Warlord units were removed from the last ROM version I played, and I missed them badly. I say they belong in the game. I agree though that they should not be hidden nationality units.

I also should add that I have seen the AI taking Great Commanders into battle and promoting them properly, which is awesome to see. In previous versions of ROM that I played, the AI had no idea how to use GC's, and just always had Great Generals join a city as an instructor. Now I don't feel like I have so much of an unfair advantage when I get my GC promoted all the way up to 300 xp. After Great Farmer, they are my favorite unit.

mike1979
Jul 09, 2011, 03:28 AM
I just started my 1st C2C game after playing ROM AND for a awhile and i would like to say i am loving the extras in this MOD.
However after about 100 turns i noticed that game had increased the difficulty for no reason i can find. i was wondering if this was a bug or a feature that i wasn't aware of, as i am sure there are a great many things i have yet to learn in this mod.

geh4th
Jul 09, 2011, 04:11 AM
I just started my 1st C2C game after playing ROM AND for a awhile and i would like to say i am loving the extras in this MOD.
However after about 100 turns i noticed that game had increased the difficulty for no reason i can find. i was wondering if this was a bug or a feature that i wasn't aware of, as i am sure there are a great many things i have yet to learn in this mod.

That's an option in the BUG menu that's automatically enabled in C2C. It can be turned off by going to the BUG menu (ladybug icon) and then to the Caveman2Cosmos tab - remove the check mark from "Flexible Difficulty" on the left side of the page. It stays unchecked once you do this.

strategyonly
Jul 09, 2011, 05:26 AM
That's an option in the BUG menu that's automatically enabled in C2C. It can be turned off by going to the BUG menu (ladybug icon) and then to the Caveman2Cosmos tab - remove the check mark from "Flexible Difficulty" on the left side of the page. It stays unchecked once you do this.

Good answer, thx.;)

btw: . Welcome to CFC

ygfbv
Jul 09, 2011, 11:39 PM
Whenever I start a new game, the ground, some resources and units are black. D:

I've reinstalled the mod (fresh downloads) twice hoping that it'd fix it but it hasn't. :(

Any known fix? This a known bug or am I cursed? Using the latest version of Civ IV BTS (from Steam).

Nevermind. I had been forgetting to start the game as an administrator - having fun so far now. :D

strategyonly
Jul 10, 2011, 03:10 AM
Whenever I start a new game, the ground, some resources and units are black. D:

I've reinstalled the mod (fresh downloads) twice hoping that it'd fix it but it hasn't. :(

Any known fix? This a known bug or am I cursed? Using the latest version of Civ IV BTS (from Steam).

Nevermind. I had been forgetting to start the game as an administrator - having fun so far now. :D

umm, your welcome , and Welcome to CFC.

JosEPh_II
Jul 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
Is ETA for v14 still projected for next weekend? Want to see how the AI and Jungle Camp is progressing.

JosEPh

Crazy_Ivan80
Jul 12, 2011, 03:03 AM
was it in this mod that a "galactic era" with accompanying screen was developed? Or am I wrong?
Looking promising, will try when the next wave of civplaying hits.

dguichar
Jul 12, 2011, 03:05 PM
V12: 1.03 Gb
V13: 956.69 Mb

Is this right? New version smaller than previous?

VineFynn
Jul 12, 2011, 10:15 PM
V12: 1.03 Gb
V13: 956.69 Mb

Is this right? New version smaller than previous?
Is that the folder size or the compression size? Compression can vary. There might have been some sort of optimization in the usage of code and graphics.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a State of Emergency (or maybe DEFCON) civic category, (if you can, please tell me if this isn't already accomplished by a set of different civics, and other suggestions/tweaks).
Is there a way to prioritize the options of a civic over another?

Anyway, my ideas:
All Clear: No Effects

State of Emergency: -80% :gold:, No Inflation, Cities Take 50% more time to grow, +125% Military Unit :hammers:, Can draft 5 units a turn, Improvements take -60% time to make, +4 national stability, +2 :mad: in all cities, +20 War :mad:

Note that SoE is enabled by bronze working, because that enables despotism, the second government civic. (based on research, it goes back to roman times)
Please suggest any tweaks, a better idea, and once you've done that, I'll get started, as it should only take a day.

strategyonly
Jul 12, 2011, 10:56 PM
Is that the folder size or the compression size? Compression can vary. There might have been some sort of optimization in the usage of code and graphics.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a State of Emergency (or maybe DEFCON) civic category, (if you can, please tell me if this isn't already accomplished by a set of different civics, and other suggestions/tweaks).
Is there a way to prioritize the options of a civic over another?

Anyway, my ideas:
All Clear: No Effects

State of Emergency: -80% :gold:, No Inflation, Cities Take 50% more time to grow, +125% Military Unit :hammers:, Can draft 5 units a turn, Improvements take -60% time to make, +4 national stability, +2 :mad: in all cities, +20 War :mad:

Note that SoE is enabled by bronze working, because that enables despotism, the second government civic.
Please suggest any tweaks, a better idea, and once you've done that, I'll get started, as it should only take a day.

Here is the normal DEFCON levels:

Defense condition Exercise term Description Readiness Color
DEFCON 5 FADE OUT Lowest state of readiness Normal readiness Blue
DEFCON 4 DOUBLE TAKE Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures Above normal readiness Green
DEFCON 3 ROUND HOUSE Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness Medium readiness Yellow
DEFCON 2 FAST PACE Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness War readiness Red
DEFCON 1 COCKED PISTOL War is imminent. Maximum readiness White

VineFynn
Jul 13, 2011, 12:41 AM
Here is the normal DEFCON levels:

Defense condition Exercise term Description Readiness Color
DEFCON 5 FADE OUT Lowest state of readiness Normal readiness Blue
DEFCON 4 DOUBLE TAKE Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures Above normal readiness Green
DEFCON 3 ROUND HOUSE Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness Medium readiness Yellow
DEFCON 2 FAST PACE Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness War readiness Red
DEFCON 1 COCKED PISTOL War is imminent. Maximum readiness White
Thanks. If you reckon that DEFCON is the way to go, I'll get started.

Thunderbrd
Jul 13, 2011, 10:58 AM
That's a great civic chain idea guys but is it possible to make it NOT take any revolution? Such adjustments would not preclude the need for massive social upheaval and government restructuring.

VineFynn
Jul 13, 2011, 06:06 PM
That's a great civic chain idea guys but is it possible to make it NOT take any revolution? Such adjustments would not preclude the need for massive social upheaval and government restructuring.
That's already been implemented in the GST civics, with the variable
<iAnarchyLength>0</iAnarchyLength>
and that's the default with DEFCON as well.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
That's already been implemented in the GST civics, with the variable
<iAnarchyLength>0</iAnarchyLength>
and that's the default with DEFCON as well.

Speaking of the GST civic. I a not getting all of them on screen. Which is strange since there are others with as many choices.

strategyonly
Jul 13, 2011, 07:36 PM
Speaking of the GST civic. I a not getting all of them on screen. Which is strange since there are others with as many choices.

Yeah i know, all you have to do for NOW, until i can figure out how to lengthen the Civic screen:blush:, is look at the icon on TOP of the page, and the ones that you cant see on the NORMAL screen are listed there, and they do work from there also.

EDIT: If you want to KEEP, Australia as a civ, with the NEW v14 coming out i only have ONE Custom Civ, so YOU will have to keep it, and place it in the new one, because i will be deleting it from the new version, it will WORK ok with new version, i just dont have the room in the FREE upload/download websites to have too many is all.

VineFynn
Jul 13, 2011, 08:36 PM

Funnily enough, this works with my version perfectly :confused:. oh well

BTW here is Defcon module, just merge it with my current module folder (VineFynn).

Hydromancerx
Jul 13, 2011, 09:23 PM
@VineFynn

What are the stats for each of the civics?

VineFynn
Jul 14, 2011, 01:47 AM
What are the stats for each of the civics?

DEFCON 5:

N/A

DEFCON 4:

-1 :traderoute:
+10% Military :hammers:

DEFCON 3:

+10% Improvement Build Speed
No Foreign :traderoute:
-1 :traderoute:
+1 :mad: in all cities
+20% Military :hammers:

DEFCON 2:

+10% Improvement Build Speed
-3 :traderoute:
+3 :mad: in all cities,
+40% Military :hammers:
-1 National rebelliousness
+1 :) Per Military in City
No Foreign Corporations
+20% Pop :food: needs
Can Train Corp. Spread

DEFCON 1:

+1 Free XP
+5% :gp: General Emergence
+25% Improvement Build Speed
-4 :traderoute:
+3 :mad: in all cities,
+100% Military :hammers:
-2 National rebelliousness
+1 :) Per Military in City
No Foreign Corporations
+40% Pop :food: needs
No Inflation
Can Train Corp. Spread

Tweak or w/e for next update, I've done the best I can, but I'm sure I've left something out or haven't balanced right.

Hydromancerx
Jul 14, 2011, 02:38 AM
Why it it jump from 40% Military to 100%? I would think 50% or 80% would be the next step.

strategyonly
Jul 14, 2011, 02:45 AM
Why it it jump from 40% Military to 100%? I would think 50% or 80% would be the next step.

Whenever "we" hit DefCon 2 it was 90%.

What is DEFCON?

The defense readiness condition (DEFCON) is a measure of the activation and readiness level of the United States Armed Forces. It describes progressive postures for use between the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified commands. DEFCONs are matched to the situations of military severity.

Standard peacetime protocol is DEFCON 5, descending in increasingly severe situations. DEFCON 1 represents expectation of actual imminent attack, and is not known to have ever been declared. During the Cold War, DEFCON 1 was feared because it would most likely precede an all-out nuclear war.

In a national state of emergency, seven different alert conditions known as LERTCONs can be issued. They consist of five Defense Conditions and two Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONs).
DEFCON 5

This is the condition used to designate normal peacetime military readiness. An upgrade in military preparedness is typically made by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and announced by the United States Secretary of Defense.
DEFCON 4

This refers to normal, increased intelligence and the heightening of national security measures.
DEFCON 3

This refers to an increase to force readiness above normal. Radio call signs used by American forces change to currently classified call signs. This was reached after 9/11.
DEFCON 2

This refers to a further increase in force readiness just below maximum readiness. The most notable time it was declared was during the Cuban Missile Crisis, although the declaration was limited to Strategic Air Command. It is not certain how many times this level of readiness has been reached.
DEFCON 1

This refers to maximum readiness. It is not certain whether this has ever been used, but it is reserved for imminent or ongoing attack on US military forces or US territory by a foreign military power.

dguichar
Jul 14, 2011, 08:09 AM

Uncompressed size follows the same pattern.

V12: 2703836790
V13: 2350744568

Maybe changes from V12 to V13 where severe enough to make the new version smaller than previous.

strategyonly
Jul 14, 2011, 08:23 AM
Uncompressed size follows the same pattern.

V12: 2703836790
V13: 2350744568

Maybe changes from V12 to V13 where severe enough to make the new version smaller than previous.

It might also have been the one were i took out the extra leaderheads.

Vaya
Jul 14, 2011, 11:01 AM
One question. Are extra long movies still compatible with v.13? I get dozen of errors when I try to start civ4 c2c with them...

strategyonly
Jul 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
One question. Are extra long movies still compatible with v.13? I get dozen of errors when I try to start civ4 c2c with them...

Sorry i haven't used them, since they take up to much memory to use. Praetyr what say you?

Zain
Jul 14, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hi! I created an account for 2 reasons: to say thank you for creating & maintaining this wonderful modpack and to drop a note that I've created an alternative .torrent download for the mod.

It took ages for me to download through the original file link, thus I thought I'd save other people from the pain by providing a .torrent option. It can be found here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6541033/Caveman_2_Cosmos_version_13_(Civ_4_Mod)

Feel free to add the link to the front page.

I will seed for at least till the end of July and will try to post newer versions of the modpack when they're released (on vacation nearly the whole August though).

Healz
Jul 14, 2011, 06:18 PM
With Defcon status, should it not be based off War Weariness so that the longer and more fierce the war, the more likely you are to have problems? Because I have heard no mention of this idea here, and it seems to me to be appropriate to mention... What I mean is that the percentage of problems should get higher or lower with the war weariness percentage.

VineFynn
Jul 15, 2011, 01:51 AM
With Defcon status, should it not be based off War Weariness so that the longer and more fierce the war, the more likely you are to have problems? Because I have heard no mention of this idea here, and it seems to me to be appropriate to mention... What I mean is that the percentage of problems should get higher or lower with the war weariness percentage.
I decided not to have it simply because you don't have to be in a war in order for you to declare DEFCON 3 or lower. There could be an impending revolt, so you want to strenthen your hold on the city to kill the morale (or increase stability), or you might need to just increase military unit production in preparation for a war. However, I unfortunantly couldn't find a way to increase espionage. In contrast, for things like conscription it is techinically correct to have war weariness.
Anyway, it's pretty simple to configure, if you want war weariness, have it.

TPEHEP
Jul 15, 2011, 02:33 AM
Sorry for my English, I use translator.

Thank you for your mod - it's great!
Unfortunately, I haven't two new religions - Jainism and the second one. Also, don't work the tunnels.

I want to offer ideas:
Sea turtles (Resource) - Some Native American peoples are grown and bred them
Floating gardens (improved area) - from the same place, in the fresh waters
Marine Citys - an idea not mine:)

Thanks again for the mod.

geh4th
Jul 15, 2011, 03:05 AM
In both v12 and v13, one of the early random events doesn't work correctly. It's the one that says: "[Your] herbalists have discovered a plant that might result in better illness treatment."

If you choose to go for the most potentially rewarding option, there's a 50% chance that it causes -2 population in all cities and a 90% chance of +2 health in all cities. Each has a problem:

1) The event happens so early in the game that you normally only have one city of population 1, so the population losses don't have any effect. This isn't an error with the event, per se, but with the TIMING of the event. It should come later, when there's multiple cities and population losses actually hurt. I'd suggest making Herbalism and/or Naturopathy a requirement for the event. (at the time I got this in my most recent game, I didn't have either of these technologies.)

2) The +2 to health - which is supposed to be civilization-wide - simply doesn't happen. I've observed this in multiple games. The Success clearly happens (in other words, it's not a failure on the 10% chance) but there are never any health benefits.

Kink
Jul 15, 2011, 06:01 AM
I got a problem: when I try to extract .rar archive, it gives to me 6537 errors!!
Then, when it finishing with all this errors, I got folder "Caveman 2 Cosmos" only 29 mb!!

strategyonly
Jul 15, 2011, 06:05 AM
I got a problem: when I try to extract .rar archive, it gives to me 6537 errors!!
Then, when it finishing with all this errors, I got folder "Caveman 2 Cosmos" only 29 mb!!

Did you place it in the correct folder area, same as AfterWorld/Gods of Old etc that came with the Expansion of BtS? If yes, then you more than likely just had a bad d/l and re-d/l it.

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 09:36 AM
mod sounds awsome but I can't get it to work

Every time I load it the loading screen stays up....

The main menu is there working under the loading screen but I can't tell what I'm doing with the loading screen in the way....

The loading music and screen stay up even after the game is done loading.

Please help

Petete
Jul 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ooops!

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Sorry for my English, I use translator.

Thank you for your mod - it's great!
Unfortunately, I haven't two new religions - Jainism and the second one. Also, don't work the tunnels.

I want to offer ideas:
Sea turtles (Resource) - Some Native American peoples are grown and bred them
Floating gardens (improved area) - from the same place, in the fresh waters
Marine Citys - an idea not mine:)

Thanks again for the mod.

The religions have been fixed in v14.

nichopoleve
Jul 15, 2011, 11:47 AM
Is version 14 coming today?

strategyonly
Jul 15, 2011, 12:46 PM
Is version 14 coming today?

I can not figure out why the old UU is not working for the New Embassies:crazyeye::confused: If it wasn't for that yes, but :hide:

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 12:47 PM
tried to re-install didn't work

still stuck on the loading screen x.x

dima1980
Jul 15, 2011, 02:21 PM
I play on last SVN version (12.07.2011), when I discover Monarchy - the civic automatically changed for it, without anarchy

also trouble from previous version - when unit what have two or more moves per turn make a atack - he always skip remaining moves (sleep)

antigene
Jul 15, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hello everybody

Any time i launch the game from the menu: "single player",
it shoot me out.....
I have re installed the mod 2 times, in the good folder: does not work
I have reloaded the mod 2 times: does not work
HEEEEEEEEEEELP
thank you

Flinx
Jul 15, 2011, 02:55 PM
I play on last SVN version (12.07.2011), when I discover Monarchy - the civic automatically changed for it, without anarchy

also trouble from previous version - when unit what have two or more moves per turn make a atack - he always skip remaining moves (sleep)
This continues: discovering democracy automatically changes from Monarchy to Republik without any anarchy.
Also there has been a work around for recon units, namely Explorers and Adventurers, to allow them boarding a caravel. If i remember right it only needs the tag specialunit_people.
In addition, building tunnels is broken, still.
Aside from that the pleasure to explore the new features is far bigger than the few flaws i found. :D

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 03:27 PM
Could the whole stuck on the load screen have to do with it being Civ 4 Complete?

or maybe I'm putting it in the wrong folder IDK x.x

I put the mod in: C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

this is driving me crazy... this is the kinda mod I've wished some one would make (well I really wished they would just do this them selfs but eh) and I can't play it!!! >.< GAH

TPEHEP
Jul 15, 2011, 03:51 PM
The religions have been fixed in v14.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Religion doesn't work with the regime "divide prophet"

Tunnels doesen't working at all

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 04:19 PM
I found out it's not the loading lol it's the main menu .... but there is just the background with no menu... but I can click on menu stuff.... just nothing pops up so only real affect is the unload mod or exit buttons.....

It's really confusing x.x

Flinx
Jul 15, 2011, 04:46 PM
@ azraile
make sure you´re running civ in english, otherwise you get no menu entries.

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 04:51 PM
It's running the mod in english as far as i know

Flinx
Jul 15, 2011, 04:54 PM
Well, your description with no text in the main menu is an indicator for not playing C2C in english.
Other than that i have no other solution / advice.

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 05:50 PM
Update I get the same problem with the Fall further mod, tried to do the same thing with it as I did this one and I get the same results.... Fall from heaven works though.... so it's somethign that FF and C2C has that FfH don't that is messing up on my end x.x

edit

ok I got Fall further to load a game (no menu just blind clicking) but the menu screen was still there in game untill I ended the turn......there was this massive brown 3d artifact in the middle of the screen, selecting a unit got rid of it but there was no UI, and when the unit moved the game crashed with no error message.

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 06:40 PM
Ok menu works now with CC driver update..... however now when the game starts I still get the C++ runtime error

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 09:38 PM
ok now that i am using the 3gb thing it's not working at all....

Initialize renderer failed. Dcheck DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings Paramters:
width = 1152
height = 864
flags = 0XB (or8)
hwnd = 0x6012a
adaptrid = 0
deviceid = 3
Error:Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type

strategyonly
Jul 15, 2011, 10:00 PM
ok now that i am using the 3gb thing it's not working at all....

Initialize renderer failed. Dcheck DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings Paramters:
width = 1152
height = 864
flags = 0XB (or8)
hwnd = 0x6012a
adaptrid = 0
deviceid = 3
Error:Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type

OK try this:
go to your start button and then where it says "search programs and files" type in DXDIAG and run that, then put a copy of it here and i will look at it.

Azraile
Jul 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/16/2011, 00:08:22
Machine name: AZRAILE-AC6519D
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP35-DS4
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 751MB used, 10437MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1)

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: The file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which will run slower than the retail version.
Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
Display Tab 2: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x950F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_950F&SUBSYS_25421002&REV_00
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7200 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/24/2011 22:55:58, 302592 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 5/25/2011 00:21:44, 6554624 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D64F-11CF-926F-4805A1C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x950F
SubSys ID: 0x25421002
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x950F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_950F&SUBSYS_25421002&REV_00
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7200 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Date/Size: 5/24/2011 22:55:58, 302592 bytes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 5/25/2011 00:21:44, 6554624 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D64F-11CF-926F-4805A1C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x950F
SubSys ID: 0x25421002
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6299 (English)
Date and Size: 1/25/2011 19:54:04, 6321768 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Sound Test Result: Not run

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Realtek HD Audio Input
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Format Flags: 0x0

Description: Realtek HD Digital input
Default Sound Capture: No
Default Voice Capture: No
Format Flags: 0x0

-----------
DirectMusic
-----------
DLS Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS
DLS Version: 1.00.0016.0002
Acceleration: n/a
Ports: Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Test Result: Not run

-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Mouse
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: 2 axis 10 button gamepad
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x0433, 0x1102

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB Root Hub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x2936
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
| Service: usbhub
| Driver: usbhub.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 59520 bytes
| Driver: usbd.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 4736 bytes
|
+-+ USB Human Interface Device
| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC051
| | Location: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse
| | Matching Device ID: usb\class_03&subclass_01
| | Service: HidUsb
| | Driver: hidusb.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 10368 bytes
| | Driver: hidclass.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 36864 bytes
| | Driver: hidparse.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 24960 bytes
| | Driver: hid.dll, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 20992 bytes
| |
| +-+ HID-compliant mouse
| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC051
| | | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
| | | Service: mouhid
| | | Driver: mouclass.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 23040 bytes
| | | Driver: mouhid.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 12160 bytes

----------------
Gameport Devices
----------------

------------
PS/2 Devices
------------
+ Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
| Matching Device ID: *pnp0303
| Service: i8042prt
| Driver: i8042prt.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 52480 bytes
| Driver: kbdclass.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 24576 bytes
|
+ Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
| Upper Filters: kbdclass
| Service: TermDD
| Driver: termdd.sys, 4/14/2008 06:43:22, 40840 bytes
| Driver: kbdclass.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 24576 bytes
|
+ Terminal Server Mouse Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
| Upper Filters: mouclass
| Service: TermDD
| Driver: termdd.sys, 4/14/2008 06:43:22, 40840 bytes
| Driver: mouclass.sys, 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 23040 bytes

----------------------------
DirectPlay Service Providers
----------------------------
DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnet.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
Internet TCP/IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)

DirectPlay Voice Wizard Tests: Full Duplex: Not run, Half Duplex: Not run, Mic: Not run
DirectPlay Test Result: Not run

-------------------
DirectPlay Adapters
-------------------
DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider: COM1
DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider: Local Area Connection 2 - IPv4 -

-----------------------
DirectPlay Voice Codecs
-----------------------
Voxware VR12 1.4kbit/s
Voxware SC06 6.4kbit/s
Voxware SC03 3.2kbit/s
MS-PCM 64 kbit/s
MS-ADPCM 32.8 kbit/s
Microsoft GSM 6.10 13 kbit/s
TrueSpeech(TM) 8.6 kbit/s

-------------------------
DirectPlay Lobbyable Apps
-------------------------

--------------
System Devices
--------------
Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&08
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 68224 bytes

Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C0&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&00
Driver: n/a

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_294A&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&E5
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 68224 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2948&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&E4

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2940&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&E0

Name: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_A0221458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&D8
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 5.10.0001.5013 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 144384 bytes

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293C&SUBSYS_50061458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&D7
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 30208 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 143872 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbui.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:42:10, 74240 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 59520 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hccoin.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 7168 bytes

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293A&SUBSYS_50061458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&EF
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 30208 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 143872 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbui.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 01:42:10, 74240 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 59520 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hccoin.dll, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 7168 bytes

Name: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2939&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&D2
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 20608 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2938&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&D1
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 20608 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2937&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&D0

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2936&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&EA

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2935&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&E9

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2934&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&E8

Name: SM Bus Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FB
Driver: n/a

Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2926&SUBSYS_B0021458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FD
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 24960 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 96512 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 5.01.2600.0000 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 3328 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2920&SUBSYS_B0021458&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FA
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 24960 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 96512 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 5.01.2600.0000 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 3328 bytes

Name: PCI standard ISA bridge
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2916&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&F8
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 37248 bytes

Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_92\3&13C0B0C5&0&F0

Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_B0001458&REV_02\4&345CAFAF&0&00E4

Name: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_01\4&CF4E44&0&00E5
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\Rtenicxp.sys, 5.764.0702.2010 (English), 7/6/2010 04:13:10, 234392 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\RtNicProp32.dll, 1.02.0000.0003 (English), 1/12/2010 06:35:44, 80416 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\RTNUninst32.dll, 1.00.0000.0005 (English), 1/12/2010 06:35:48, 100896 bytes

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8547&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_AA\5&A31149F&0&600008

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8547&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_AA\5&A31149F&0&000008

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8547&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_AA\4&1A9C9F1A&0&0008

Name: Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8024&SUBSYS_10001458&REV_00\4&1ADD88A5&0&30F0
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 61696 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\1394bus.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 53376 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nic1394.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 61824 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 60800 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\enum1394.sys, 5.01.2600.0000 (English), 8/17/2001 09:46:40, 6400 bytes

Name: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA18&SUBSYS_AA181002&REV_00\6&2F18A64C&0&01600008
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 5.10.0001.5013 (English), 4/14/2008 08:00:00, 144384 bytes

Name: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_950F&SUBSYS_25421002&REV_00\6&2F18A64C&0&00600008
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys, 6.14.0010.7200 (English), 5/25/2011 00:21:44, 6554624 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2erec.dll, 1.00.0000.0020 (English), 5/24/2011 22:58:28, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2dvag.dll, 6.14.0010.7200 (English), 5/24/2011 22:55:58, 302592 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2cqag.dll, 6.14.0010.0510 (English), 5/24/2011 22:22:34, 856064 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2mdxx.exe, 6.14.0010.2495 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:08, 26112 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati3duag.dll, 6.14.0010.0841 (English), 5/24/2011 23:14:06, 4059328 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.dll, 6.14.0010.0312 (English), 5/24/2011 22:54:56, 3152384 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiicdxx.dat, 4/20/2011 12:30:06, 233765 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva5x.dat, 5/24/2011 22:51:50, 3 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva6x.dat, 5/24/2011 22:51:50, 887724 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdpcom32.dll, 6.14.0010.0023 (English), 5/24/2011 22:38:52, 64512 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atimpc32.dll, 6.14.0010.0023 (English), 5/24/2011 22:38:52, 64512 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.1061 (English), 5/24/2011 22:27:52, 200704 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.cap, 5/24/2011 22:52:12, 808736 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.exe, 6.14.0010.1001 (English), 5/24/2011 22:34:52, 151552 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.blb, 5/24/2011 22:35:30, 166672 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvamv.dll, 6.14.0010.0184 (English), 5/24/2011 23:07:40, 956160 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDDC.DLL, 6.14.0010.0008 (English), 5/24/2011 22:36:10, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atitvo32.dll, 6.14.0010.4200 (English), 5/24/2011 22:27:36, 17408 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativcoxx.dll, 6.13.0010.0005 (English), 11/9/2001 11:01:04, 24064 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.exe, 6.14.0010.4254 (English), 5/24/2011 22:37:34, 643072 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.dll, 6.14.0010.4179 (English), 5/24/2011 22:38:50, 188416 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atipdlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.2563 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:28, 212992 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oemdspif.dll, 6.15.0006.0006 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:16, 155648 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2edxx.dll, 6.14.0010.2514 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:00, 43520 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atikvmag.dll, 6.14.0010.0152 (English), 5/24/2011 22:31:28, 651264 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDEMGX.dll, 2.00.4161.39509 (English), 5/24/2011 22:56:58, 462848 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticaldd.dll, 6.14.0010.1417 (English), 5/24/2011 23:42:42, 5922816 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticalrt.dll, 6.14.0010.1417 (English), 5/24/2011 23:53:14, 57344 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticalcl.dll, 6.14.0010.1417 (English), 5/24/2011 23:53:06, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atibtmon.exe, 2.00.0000.0000 (English), 5/11/2009 17:35:28, 118784 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiok3x2.dll, 6.14.0010.10834 (English), 5/24/2011 23:05:18, 503808 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll, 6.14.0010.10834 (English), 5/24/2011 23:47:42, 17989632 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiiiexx.dll, 6.14.0010.4006 (English), 5/25/2011 00:15:14, 311296 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\atiogl.xml, 5/19/2011 04:13:40, 32635 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIODCLI.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 6/22/2009 11:34:18, 45056 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIODE.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/27/2010 14:32:08, 294912 bytes

Name: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_950F&SUBSYS_20421002&REV_00\6&155D788F&0&00000008
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys, 6.14.0010.7200 (English), 5/25/2011 00:21:44, 6554624 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2erec.dll, 1.00.0000.0020 (English), 5/24/2011 22:58:28, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2dvag.dll, 6.14.0010.7200 (English), 5/24/2011 22:55:58, 302592 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2cqag.dll, 6.14.0010.0510 (English), 5/24/2011 22:22:34, 856064 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2mdxx.exe, 6.14.0010.2495 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:08, 26112 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati3duag.dll, 6.14.0010.0841 (English), 5/24/2011 23:14:06, 4059328 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.dll, 6.14.0010.0312 (English), 5/24/2011 22:54:56, 3152384 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiicdxx.dat, 4/20/2011 12:30:06, 233765 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva5x.dat, 5/24/2011 22:51:50, 3 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva6x.dat, 5/24/2011 22:51:50, 887724 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdpcom32.dll, 6.14.0010.0023 (English), 5/24/2011 22:38:52, 64512 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atimpc32.dll, 6.14.0010.0023 (English), 5/24/2011 22:38:52, 64512 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.1061 (English), 5/24/2011 22:27:52, 200704 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.cap, 5/24/2011 22:52:12, 808736 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.exe, 6.14.0010.1001 (English), 5/24/2011 22:34:52, 151552 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiapfxx.blb, 5/24/2011 22:35:30, 166672 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvamv.dll, 6.14.0010.0184 (English), 5/24/2011 23:07:40, 956160 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDDC.DLL, 6.14.0010.0008 (English), 5/24/2011 22:36:10, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atitvo32.dll, 6.14.0010.4200 (English), 5/24/2011 22:27:36, 17408 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativcoxx.dll, 6.13.0010.0005 (English), 11/9/2001 11:01:04, 24064 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.exe, 6.14.0010.4254 (English), 5/24/2011 22:37:34, 643072 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.dll, 6.14.0010.4179 (English), 5/24/2011 22:38:50, 188416 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atipdlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.2563 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:28, 212992 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oemdspif.dll, 6.15.0006.0006 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:16, 155648 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2edxx.dll, 6.14.0010.2514 (English), 5/24/2011 22:39:00, 43520 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atikvmag.dll, 6.14.0010.0152 (English), 5/24/2011 22:31:28, 651264 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDEMGX.dll, 2.00.4161.39509 (English), 5/24/2011 22:56:58, 462848 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticaldd.dll, 6.14.0010.1417 (English), 5/24/2011 23:42:42, 5922816 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticalrt.dll, 6.14.0010.1417 (English), 5/24/2011 23:53:14, 57344 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\aticalcl.dll, 6.14.0010.1417 (English), 5/24/2011 23:53:06, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atibtmon.exe, 2.00.0000.0000 (English), 5/11/2009 17:35:28, 118784 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiok3x2.dll, 6.14.0010.10834 (English), 5/24/2011 23:05:18, 503808 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll, 6.14.0010.10834 (English), 5/24/2011 23:47:42, 17989632 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiiiexx.dll, 6.14.0010.4006 (English), 5/25/2011 00:15:14, 311296 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\atiogl.xml, 5/19/2011 04:13:40, 32635 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIODCLI.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 6/22/2009 11:34:18, 45056 bytes
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIODE.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/27/2010 14:32:08, 294912 bytes

------------------
DirectX Components
------------------

GAH DLL's cut for size x.x

oh yah something went wrong here some where x.x

deathscythe
Jul 16, 2011, 01:08 AM
i just installed C2C, it works fantastic so far, but then i noticed that only Australia has a Unique Building. Is that right, or did I not install it correctly?

strategyonly
Jul 16, 2011, 02:25 AM
UPDATE Version 14 is out as of 3:15 am, a brand new way to play the game.

Vaya
Jul 16, 2011, 03:43 AM
Omg guys seriously, whenerver I download new version and start plaing a new game there is every time a new version until I finish it. Not to mention that I never made it through modern era :D But that is actually a good thing.. :)

And I want to thank you as well for your magnificient work you are doing here, currently I play v.13 and there is significant improvement in civics. Although I didn't get to new options so far, I like rebalanced old civics very very much. Finally I really have to consider which civic to pick, all of them have some advantages and disadvantages and it's not that obvious pick as it was in previous versions...

This is a great mod, I only wish that AI was more competitive, it has been a long time since it managed to conquer any of my cities and I think last time it sadly was few years ago in vanilla BTS :(

ron1
Jul 16, 2011, 03:49 AM
I have a question for Strategyonly, but first a big complements for this great mod. It makes CIV 4 so much more complete, and more fun to play than the original

My problem is that when I start a game (including version 13), I usually get to play for 100 to 150 turns, after I get a CTD. I just don't make it beyond the prehistoric age. The only message is a standard message from Windows telling me that some error has occured. When I reload the game, I get the same CTD around the same turn.

Now I've noticed something strange. I've also played the mod's Realism Invictus, Start Trek and FtH. I've never had any problems an I'm able to play them for as long as I want to. The only other Mod which give's me the exact same problem is the Mod Rise of Mankind. The same CTD with the same standard message from Windows. The only difference is that I can play that one for at least then times longer before it crashes. I noticed this because these are the only two Mod's which go beyond the modern age.

I have a pretty updated pc: Intel I7 CPU, with 6GB ddr3 memory and an ATI Radeon HD 4800. My OS is Windows Vista 64. These CTD's are obviously no MAF's.

I'm starting to get a little bit desperated since I don't get a chance to play this great mod. Could you please help me out, and tell me what the probable cause of these CTD's are, and how to solve this?

Thanx in advance for your time:thanx:

dima1980
Jul 16, 2011, 04:34 AM
Version 14

link for torrent client

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:VXAXWAQ6TJAQDKAR7PUFHATOLDICXA UH

strategyonly
Jul 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
I have a question for Strategyonly, but first a big complements for this great mod. It makes CIV 4 so much more complete, and more fun to play than the original

My problem is that when I start a game (including version 13), I usually get to play for 100 to 150 turns, after I get a CTD. I just don't make it beyond the prehistoric age. The only message is a standard message from Windows telling me that some error has occurred. When I reload the game, I get the same CTD around the same turn.

Now I've noticed something strange. I've also played the mod's Realism Invictus, Start Trek and FtH. I've never had any problems an I'm able to play them for as long as I want to. The only other Mod which give's me the exact same problem is the Mod Rise of Mankind. The same CTD with the same standard message from Windows. The only difference is that I can play that one for at least then times longer before it crashes. I noticed this because these are the only two Mod's which go beyond the modern age.

I have a pretty updated pc: Intel I7 CPU, with 6GB ddr3 memory and an ATI Radeon HD 4800. My OS is Windows Vista 64. These CTD's are obviously no MAF's.

I'm starting to get a little bit desperated since I don't get a chance to play this great mod. Could you please help me out, and tell me what the probable cause of these CTD's are, and how to solve this?

Thanx in advance for your time:thanx:

First off, Welcome to CFC

2nd You cant compare this mod to any other mod in Civ 4, sorry, its just to HUGE too compare to anything.:)

3rd You need to save the game under Maximum Compatibility, and attach said game here, plus the current logs, ONE turn BEFORE CTD.

In version 14 if you look in the XML file area there is a file named "A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines" at the very bottom you will see this:

<Define>
<DefineName>ALWAYS_USE_MAX_COMPAT_SAVES</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

just change it to this:

<Define>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

then no one has to worry about autosaves etc, because "we" at C2C cannot work with them, just too many changes each day, and sometimes every few hours.

Version 14

link for torrent client

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:VXAXWAQ6TJAQDKAR7PUFHATOLDICXA UH

Thx

FromHesse
Jul 16, 2011, 05:27 AM
Just a question: Is it possible that you add some Units from ROM Expansion 3.1? Especially WW1 Infantry - the step from Rifleman to Infantry is too big in my opinion.

strategyonly
Jul 16, 2011, 05:46 AM
Just a question: Is it possible that you add some Units from ROM Expansion 3.1? Especially WW1 Infantry - the step from Rifleman to Infantry is too big in my opinion.

They should be the same since RoM 3.1 was along time ago, and has since been outdated.:crazyeye::confused: I personally have not looked at that, dont even know whose doing it, sorry:blush: If you want stuff added, just put it in the ideas/suggestions area, with an explanation of why and where you'd like it/civ/unit to be. And thx for the question.

btw Welcome to CFC.

stroppya
Jul 16, 2011, 09:28 AM
When i play earth map with 28 preset civs its comes up as lost at turn 1:mad:
DONT WORK

Azraile
Jul 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
Aprently the ATI Radon HD 3870 X2 's I have don't like the 3GB switch trick..... any idea how to get around this?

They just up and stoped working when using it.

Lord Abraxas
Jul 16, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hello, first let me express my gratitude for putting together this Mod. I understand that you must have put in hundreds to thousands of hours to make this for the community and I want to recognize that.

I'm having an issue with the game crashing to desktop at the same turn and have attached the save game in question. I would attach the logs, however, the only logs I have found, PythonErr2 and some others, do not seem to have any information in them that was helpful in determining the crash, though, I may be overlooking something or looking in the wrong place for the logs to begin with. If you could take a look at this and tell me what I can do to salvage the game I would be grateful.

This one I was playing with Worldbuilder to some degree to experiment with some settings for the different mods. I will say I have learned very quickly that that raging barbarians with Neanderthals on the slowest game setting is a very, very bad idea as they fairly quickly consumed every other civilization on the map and are only now beginning to resettle. It remains to be seen if they will get eaten again.

strategyonly
Jul 16, 2011, 03:35 PM
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/16/2011, 00:08:22
Machine name: AZRAILE-AC6519D
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP35-DS4
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 751MB used, 10437MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1)

oh yah something went wrong here some where x.x

Apparently the ATI Radon HD 3870 X2 's I have don't like the 3GB switch trick..... any idea how to get around this?

They just up and stopped working when using it.

From a review of your graphics card:

But the brilliant part about the new Radeon design is that it doesn't rely on drivers or a specific chipset to work (using the two GPUs in a single board). That said, we have still found the current crop of drivers (Catalyst 8.1 and 8.45) to be a little immature. While for the most part the system was stable during testing, every now and then we would encounter a random crash which did not appear to be specific to any game. Whether this is a problem related to drivers running on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit or not, we are unsure at this point.

Sounds like you have a very very old system, and this is a HUGE mod i really dont recommend anything less than a 64 bit system to play this. Infact this is the BIGGEST mod on CFC.

When i play earth map with 28 preset civs its comes up as lost at turn 1

Sorry didnt have time to go over this map.:blush:

i just installed C2C, it works fantastic so far, but then i noticed that only Australia has a Unique Building. Is that right, or did I not install it correctly?

Yes it does, at the time we did not have all Embassies working, and still are missing some from EXTRA civs, but you still can play with it even with version 14.

Azraile
Jul 16, 2011, 04:45 PM
not an old system I just downgraded from vista because I couldn't stand it and a 32 bit OS was all I had...

I need to get windows 7 >.>

mike1979
Jul 16, 2011, 10:49 PM
i just got my 1st great general and i made him a field commander, so he could lead other in battle. noticed he isn't getting any exp when my animals or units win a battle. is this a bug or no?

strategyonly
Jul 16, 2011, 10:55 PM
i just got my 1st great general and i made him a field commander, so he could lead other in battle. noticed he isn't getting any exp when my animals or units win a battle. is this a bug or no?

Do you by any chance in the "Lady Bug" have Dynamic XP on by any chance? If you want more exp to go to units, uncheck this. All units within ONE tile will give him exp.

nichopoleve
Jul 17, 2011, 12:03 AM
Where can I see the new changes in v. 14?

mike1979
Jul 17, 2011, 01:32 AM
Do you by any chance in the "Lady Bug" have Dynamic XP on by any chance? If you want more exp to go to units, uncheck this. All units within ONE tile will give him exp.

unchecked dynamic exp and field commander is still refusing to get exp fer battles. He appears to be a stubborn little bug....

strategyonly
Jul 17, 2011, 03:13 AM
Where can I see the new changes in v. 14?

Look at post # 2

The Turk
Jul 17, 2011, 03:35 AM
I can't get the newest version of the game (v14) to start up. Although it gets to the menu, by the time I try to pick a map it CTD's! :(

Does anybody know how I could fix this.

Thank You!

the-f
Jul 17, 2011, 04:00 AM
Aprently the ATI Radon HD 3870 X2 's I have don't like the 3GB switch trick..... any idea how to get around this?

They just up and stoped working when using it.

i had some problems too, try with this settings

"/3GB /userva=2800"

2evster48
Jul 17, 2011, 04:52 AM
Great mod even if it makes my laptop run as hot as the sun. How do I tell if a city has a clean water supply without looking in the buildings list - is there an icon somewhere that tells me?

Zain
Jul 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
As of version 14, when starting a new game and selecting a civ, the selection screen says "No Unique Units" / "No Unique Buildings" for every faction except pirates... Is this intended?

KingArthur666
Jul 17, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hi there. First time to post in this forum, I discovered C2C not too long ago. Loving it so far.

The black screen issues are happening for me as well. This is only happening on v12, it never happened on v11 at all. Most of the time (~80%) this happens, but sometimes I get a normal screen.

When I do have normal graphics, it remains that way until I close out of the game, even if I load a different saved game or start a new game. This makes me think that (when getting the black screen) something is going wrong with the initialization of Civ4/C2C as the game is started.

I'm running Windows Vista, and I always launch the game using Administrator rights.

I'm getting this problem for the first time with version 14. From what I can tell there is no custom leader folder to delete or move anymore.
Anyone have any other ideas on how to resolve this issue?
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Intel Core2 Quad, 8-GB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX.

Zain
Jul 17, 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm getting this problem for the first time with version 14. From what I can tell there is no custom leader folder to delete or move anymore.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Intel Core2 Quad, 8-GB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX.

I actually got this aswell with ver 14. Similiar specs aswell, except I have an ATI 5850.

FromHesse
Jul 17, 2011, 11:04 AM
actually i'm playing v14 on custom continents and jungle is spreading/growing near tundra between conifers in northern and southern territories. It looks crazy :eek:

edit: at 7000BC i only see a few barbarian animals and hordes of homo neanderthalensis. In real history neanderthals were living until 10000BC ^^

KingArthur666
Jul 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
I actually got this aswell with ver 14. Similiar specs aswell, except I have an ATI 5850.

I quit the game and restarted CIV 4 and it went away on loading.

KingArthur666
Jul 17, 2011, 11:29 AM
unchecked dynamic exp and field commander is still refusing to get exp fer battles. He appears to be a stubborn little bug....

My Great Commander is also not gaining any exp.
I can open the world builder and give him exp and he can get promotions as normal, but standing around watching battles is not giving him any exp.

strategyonly
Jul 17, 2011, 12:03 PM
As of version 14, when starting a new game and selecting a civ, the selection screen says "No Unique Units" / "No Unique Buildings" for every faction except pirates... Is this intended?

Yes this is intended, it a new way to play the game, just incase you get stuck in the middle of no were, you can build whats available to help you.

I have posted a way (i think) how to fix this), but not sure it helps all the time. See post # 2, just above the Great Person, Known Issues, i hope this helps?? I have no idea what the heck is going on:crazyeye:

EDIT: I just tried a different thing this time and it seems to have helped:

I went into the modules area and in the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls i moved

<Module>
<Directory>Custom_Civilizations</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module> from the bottom of the area, to the TOP and now my game loads withOUT any Black Terrain???:crazyeye: (SOMEtimes NOT ALL THE TIME)

Lord Abraxas
Jul 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
I was able to locate some additional log files and from pythonerr and pythondbg I think I may have located the culprit:

File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "autologEventManager", line 325, in onLoadGame
File "autologEventManager", line 1461, in storeStuff
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "BarbarianCiv", line 151, in onBeginGameTurn
File "BarbarianCiv", line 985, in checkBarbCities
File "BarbarianCiv", line 1097, in createMinorCiv
File "BarbarianCiv", line 875, in setupFormerBarbCity
File "PyHelpers", line 290, in initUnit

A more detailed log of where it died:

PY: BC - Creating minor civ in Numidian
PY: BC - bNewWorld: 1, bUnits: 0, bCities: 0, bForeignCities: 0
PY: BC - Adding new player in slot 38
PY: BC - New player and team set up
PY: BC - Setting new player alive
PY:Player 38's alive status set to: 1
PY: BC - Minor civ Celtic City State (lead by Brennus) has formed in Numidian! Turn: 361, Year: -6946
PY:City Numidian was lost by Player 50 Civilization Barbarian State
PY:City Acquired Event: Numidian
PY: Revolt - Acquisition of Numidian by Celtic City State reduces rev indices by -45
PY: Revolt - New rev idx for Numidian is 250
PY:Player 50 Civilization Barbarian State Unit Slinger was killed by Player 38
PY:Player 50 Civilization Barbarian State Unit Slinger was killed by Player 38
PY:Player 50 Civilization Barbarian State Unit Stone Thrower was killed by Player 38
PY: BC - Giving Ritualism from barb
PY: BC - Giving Mysticism from barb
PY: BC - Giving Naturopathy from barb
PY: BC - Giving Hunting from barb
PY: BC - Giving Gathering from barb
PY: BC - Giving Fire Making from barb
PY: BC - Giving Stone Tools from barb
PY: BC - Giving Trap Fishing from barb
PY: BC - Giving Wood Working from barb
PY: BC - Giving Weaving from barb
PY: BC - Giving Oral Tradition from barb
PY: BC - Giving Fine-Edged Tools from barb
PY: BC - Giving Cave Dwelling from barb
PY: BC - Giving Cultural Identity from barb
PY: BC - Giving Cooking from barb
PY: BC - Giving Petroglyphs from barb
PY: BC - Giving Nomadic Lifestyle from barb
PY: BC - Giving Tribalism from barb
PY: BC - Giving Prehistoric Music from barb
PY: BC - Giving Microlith from barb
PY: BC - Giving Warfare from barb
PY: BC - Giving Stone Building from barb
PY: BC - Giving Herbalism from barb
PY: BC - Giving Ceremonial Burial from barb
PY: BC - Giving Natural Pigments from barb
PY: BC - Giving Barter from barb
PY: BC - Giving Tracking from barb
PY: BC - Giving Spearfishing from barb
PY: BC - Giving Slash and Burn from barb
PY: BC - Giving Language from barb
PY: BC - Giving Scavenging from barb
PY: BC - Giving Cooperation from barb
PY: BC - Giving Shelter Building from barb
PY: BC - Giving Basketry from barb
PY: BC - Giving Tool Making from barb
PY: BC - Giving Prehistoric Dance from barb
PY: BC - Giving Flint Knapping from barb
PY: BC - Giving Trapping from barb
PY: BC - Giving Carving from barb
PY: BC - Giving Bone Working from barb
PY: BC - Giving Poison Crafting from barb
PY: BC - Giving Carpentry from barb
PY: BC - Giving Personal Adornment from barb
PY: BC - Giving Sewing from barb
PY: BC - Giving Tattoos from barb
PY: BC - Giving Bead Making from barb
PY: BC - Giving Shamanism from barb
PY: BC - Giving Axe Making from barb
PY: BC - Giving Spear Making from barb
PY: BC - Giving 2 partial techs, pass 0
PY: BC - Mobile not set, using Neanderthal Warrior
PY: BC - Attack city not set, using Neanderthal Warrior
PY: BC - Best defender is Slinger
PY: BC - Best counter unit is Stone Spearman
PY: BC - Best attack is Neanderthal Warrior
PY: BC - Best mobile is Neanderthal Warrior
PY: BC - Best attack city is Neanderthal Warrior
14:19:50 TRACE: Error in BeginGameTurn event handler <bound method BarbarianCiv.onBeginGameTurn of <BarbarianCiv.BarbarianCiv instance at 0x17794F80>>
14:19:50 TRACE: unidentifiable C++ exception

Sword_Of_Geddon
Jul 17, 2011, 03:06 PM
Yes this is intended, it a new way to play the game, just incase you get stuck in the middle of no were, you can build whats available to help you.

Why did you guys do that? Now every civ is exactly the same :(.

strategyonly
Jul 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
Why did you guys do that? Now every civ is exactly the same :(.

You need to read this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=419773 and they are not even close to normal anymore. Each one is so separate its fun now. Now it depends on what tiles/resources you have. Its just like the old missionaries teaching other religions to everyone, they used to go everywhere on earth.

Sword_Of_Geddon
Jul 17, 2011, 06:36 PM
I think it would have been cooler if you had minor nations/tribes with the embassies rather than civilizations. I mean something like Age of Empires 3's system would work well I think.

CiverDan
Jul 17, 2011, 07:13 PM
Played through a v13 game on a huge map into the early transhuman era..some thoughts.

Had a couple of CTD's early (pehistoric/ancient). But worked fine after that.

Fossils: Most of the digsites require 2 resources, one of these a sea resource. Some also require Prime Timber, which goes obsolete not too long after your first able to build them. Was playing on a Lakes map and still unable to build a digsite despite having the world covered in cities.

Interfaith (project): This didn't seem to work when I built it. Has anyone else been able to get this far/have this problem too?

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 17, 2011, 08:10 PM
Interfaith (project): This didn't seem to work when I built it. Has anyone else been able to get this far/have this problem too?

Fixed in v14. A file was missed from v13, we now have better version control.:)

Epona222
Jul 17, 2011, 08:48 PM
Hi folks, I just downloaded v14, thanks for a new version I can't wait to play it (LOVE the embassies concept, once I'd read up about it on the other thread and was a little less confused as to what it was going to do to the game! I think it's going to make each playthrough unique and ensure that I have unique cities in any given playthrough - a great thing!) - I am however plagued with the "black terrain" issue and haven't yet been able to successfully start a game!

EDIT: I have tried editing the file as suggested in post #2 but I am confused as to where to move that particular block of text in the file suggested (which it took me 20 minutes to locate), now when I load up the mod it gives me an error message about only allowing one top level command per XML file - when giving instructions please try to remember that some of us aren't modders or programmers we just like to play the game and I am sorry to say that I need to be told exactly where to move that block to get the thing to work properly (or if someone could post up their working version of the file so I could download it that would be even better), because "to the top of the area" just isn't enough instruction for me - and I'm not a computer dimwit, I've just never messed about with this game before.

Lord Abraxas
Jul 17, 2011, 09:44 PM
I don't mean to be pushy but is there anything else I should provide so that I could get some assistance with my CTD problem or is it being worked on already?

nichopoleve
Jul 18, 2011, 01:10 AM
Is revolutions working in v.14 or does the game become slow and ctd still?

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 18, 2011, 01:36 AM
I don't mean to be pushy but is there anything else I should provide so that I could get some assistance with my CTD problem or is it being worked on already?

It is a problem in the Python, I am the Python "expert" and I am 1,100km from my computer. I am not likely to be back for another two weeks. Hazarding a guess, what is happening is that one of the units near a barbarian city that is being converted into a nation can't be converted into a "player" unit. However I don't know why that is so. A save before the crash would be useful if I was not so far away.

Lord Abraxas
Jul 18, 2011, 02:31 AM
It is a problem in the Python, I am the Python "expert" and I am 1,100km from my computer. I am not likely to be back for another two weeks. Hazarding a guess, what is happening is that one of the units near a barbarian city that is being converted into a nation can't be converted into a "player" unit. However I don't know why that is so. A save before the crash would be useful if I was not so far away.

Thank you very much. I went into world builder and deleted two polar bears near Nubian and it either corrected the problem or simply avoided it. On the one hand the game didn't explode between turns as it had every other attempt to move on from that point, however, at the same time, erasing those units seemed to halt Nubian from turning into a full civilization as well that it had done in the save file previously. Everything else in the vicinity of the city were units the game has had no trouble converting before; slingers, stone throwers, stone axes, and Neanderthals.

The save file, if you are interested, is in my first post roughly four pages back, but I, for one, am just content to move forward in time. Thanks again.

Edit: In a bit of weirdness, I misread the first error report and it was Numidian, not Nubian that was mentioned, which has absolutely nothing out of the ordinary by it. However, clearing the two bears out of Nubian still worked. Must have changed some variable in the random number generator when calculating barbarian settings (though this seems unlikely to me as I cleared one of the in game continents of Barbarians once as I thought it might be and issue with the number of units in play), or perhaps Nubian was just next on the list. In any case, I won't argue with the result.

geh4th
Jul 18, 2011, 04:08 AM
Early on in my first v14 game, I've discovered that the AI apparently has some difficulty with the concept of "defend your city".

(Edit: This is on monarch difficulty, huge map, 12 original Civs, eternity game speed.)

9718 BC: I'm in a game with the Arabians as my closest civilization. I have a Wanderer....well, wandering...near his capital city when I see a big stack of Clubmen (they proceeded to vaporize a Panda Bear I'd just subdued.) While evading that stack, my Wanderer steps adjacent to Mecca itself. On that turn a Stone Thrower was in the city while a Gatherer was adjacent to the city but not next to my Wanderer. (The Clubman stack was 3 tiles to the north.)

Next turn, guess what happens? The Stone Thrower leaves the city while the Gatherer moves in, presumably to hide from me. In a now undefended city. Doh! My Wanderer walks in, and poof, I own a second capital. So much for the stack of Clubmen.

Thou conquerest, O mighty Wanderer!

Hydromancerx
Jul 18, 2011, 05:27 AM
Wow! Taking a city with the weakest combat unit. That's just messed up!

KingArthur666
Jul 18, 2011, 09:43 AM
Is it possible to subdue crocodiles? Is there a unit or some method that makes it more likely to occur? I've slaughtered dozens of them without ever subduing a single one.

Epona222
Jul 18, 2011, 11:35 AM
Re: the black terrain issue - I realised I had missed a graphics driver update (I'm usually more on the ball with these things) and now I've updated my Catalyst driver to v11.6 I've managed to load the mod twice in succession without any black terrain. Previously I managed to get 1 playable game in about 50 or so attempts, so this is a good sign - although only succeeding twice isn't a sign of a sure fix, so I'll report back in a bit to let you know whether it's occurred again.

So if that has done the trick I feel like a bit of a wally because I should have kept on top of the driver issue, totally my own fault. Right, now I can't wait to get started, so back to my game....

KingArthur666
Jul 18, 2011, 11:46 AM
Is anyone else having the problem with Great Generals not earning experience?

strategyonly
Jul 18, 2011, 12:44 PM

Take a screenie of your settings and place it here.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 18, 2011, 02:49 PM
Is it possible to subdue crocodiles? Is there a unit or some method that makes it more likely to occur? I've slaughtered dozens of them without ever subduing a single one.

Yes it is possible to subdue animals it is just very unlikely. It was happening too often so I dropped the probability in v12. I haven't captured one since.

KingArthur666
Jul 18, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yes it is possible to subdue animals it is just very unlikely. It was happening too often so I dropped the probability in v12. I haven't captured one since.

Land animals can be subdued without question. I often have more subdued land animals than I can spend until I get carnivals. I still have yet to subdue a single crocodile though.

KingArthur666
Jul 18, 2011, 03:37 PM
Take a screenie of your settings and place it here.

Which settings? This game has lots and lots of settings. Here are the basic settings.

exacta
Jul 18, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hi, I just found this mod this morning and I died with excitement. I noticed that it used my favorite mod as a base and that it was still receiving updates. So I installed it and started a normal game (not even using custom game, just Play Now!.) Everything went well except for the HUGE amount of neanderthals everywhere. In my one cities sight range I could see a minimum of 20 - 30 neaderthals. It hindered me from making any new cities and since this was my first game I had no idea they would attack around 20 BC and was completely unprepared when they destroyed everything.

I was playing on Epic speed (Which I see must have something to do with it by my reading.), a large Terra map, and Chieftain difficulty. I would have played with no Barbarians but that would also take away the animals. Maybe there should be a no Neanderthals option? Or should I just play on Normal or marathon?

EDIT: New problem, I can't even load the mod now. I'll go to Advanced, load a mod, C2C, and then It'll go to desktop, bring up the loading screen, and once it gets to init XML, it stops responding. Any ideas?

strategyonly
Jul 18, 2011, 11:33 PM
Land animals can be subdued without question. I often have more subdued land animals than I can spend until I get carnivals. I still have yet to subdue a single crocodile though.

Yeah they are one of the hardest ones to subdue, but isn't really like normal life?:p

Which settings? This game has lots and lots of settings. Here are the basic settings.

OK thx, i dont know why then its not work, sorry.:blush:

Hi, I just found this mod this morning and I died with excitement. I noticed that it used my favorite mod as a base and that it was still receiving updates. So I installed it and started a normal game (not even using custom game, just Play Now!.) Everything went well except for the HUGE amount of neanderthals everywhere. In my one cities sight range I could see a minimum of 20 - 30 neaderthals. It hindered me from making any new cities and since this was my first game I had no idea they would attack around 20 BC and was completely unprepared when they destroyed everything.

I was playing on Epic speed (Which I see must have something to do with it by my reading.), a large Terra map, and Chieftain difficulty. I would have played with no Barbarians but that would also take away the animals. Maybe there should be a no Neanderthals option? Or should I just play on Normal or marathon?

EDIT: New problem, I can't even load the mod now. I'll go to Advanced, load a mod, C2C, and then It'll go to desktop, bring up the loading screen, and once it gets to init XML, it stops responding. Any ideas?

You do KNOW that on Epic Speed you will get the MOST Neanderthals of all? The higher (or slower) the level its less.

Did you change anything at all, add anything to it after you played or during your game playing?

btw Welcome to CFC.

arbor
Jul 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
Hm, also having the black terrain issue with v14.
In v13 I already solved it - I thought - by "run as administrator" + removing all other Mods from BTS folder + switching to "low resolution" in graphics options (and changing several times, than it worked suddently). Apparently not, I reinstalled the old version - stopped working again, too, even with the same settings.

It seems, that at sometime when Civ has to reinitialize the textures (because of changes in Mod folder etc) the initialization may fail ...

BTW not only terrain is missing, also Leaders don't show up completely - funny, of Gandi you just see his moving classes before the taj mahal, a ghost greating you.

I think I tried all ideas mentioned in this forum, still no luck (The old ones, SHIFT, the text file). I spent too many hours already, cannot do this every evening next to work :(. Any help appreciated!

This mod is just great I I wonna play it ;)!! Thanks a lot for your work

arbor
Jul 19, 2011, 06:22 AM
Ah, just forgot to mention: Windows 7, Gainward HD 4870, 4GB RAM

Epona222
Jul 19, 2011, 06:48 AM

Well updating my AMD drivers to Catalyst v11.6 definitely fixed the black terrain issue for me, I haven't had a problem since. Presumably there was some optimisation tweak in there that for whatever reason solved the problem - it was only occurring for me in C2C v14. Yours is an older graphics card though (I have the 5850) so I can't guarantee that it will work for you.

strategyonly
Jul 19, 2011, 06:48 AM

Did i forget something:confused:

Hm, also having the black terrain issue with v14.
In v13 I already solved it - I thought - by "run as administrator" + removing all other Mods from BTS folder + switching to "low resolution" in graphics options (and changing several times, than it worked suddently). Apparently not, I reinstalled the old version - stopped working again, too, even with the same settings.

It seems, that at sometime when Civ has to reinitialize the textures (because of changes in Mod folder etc) the initialization may fail ...

BTW not only terrain is missing, also Leaders don't show up completely - funny, of Gandi you just see his moving classes before the taj mahal, a ghost greating you.

I think I tried all ideas mentioned in this forum, still no luck (The old ones, SHIFT, the text file). I spent too many hours already, cannot do this every evening next to work :(. Any help appreciated!

This mod is just great I I wonna play it ;)!! Thanks a lot for your work

OK try this then, COMPLETELY removed the Custom_Civilizations folder from the modules area, and let me know if that helps, thx.:crazyeye:

I am starting to think there is something wrong with the original MLF loading system

exacta
Jul 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
I too got black terrain but all I had to do to fix it was save at 12000 BC and reload the save. Also yeah epic does get the most neanderthals, but it's the perfect game speed for this mod (in my opinion.) Eh, I'll just go the easy route with no barbarians.

Also I can get the game to run now, I just have to wait a bit longer.

BlueGenie
Jul 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
For those that don't want Neanderthals spawning in the game:
Just remove the folder Neanderthal from Assets/Modules/Custom_Units

THAT's the easy route.

KingArthur666
Jul 19, 2011, 12:57 PM
How come the different roads never appear in the civilopedia? Is there anywhere I can find out what each road type does?

KingArthur666
Jul 19, 2011, 01:28 PM

Ha! I think I have a place for you to look. Stack attack got some of my troops killed unexpectedly so I turned it off. Now my Great General has started earning experience.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 19, 2011, 03:28 PM
For those that don't want Neanderthals spawning in the game:
Just remove the folder Neanderthal from Assets/Modules/Custom_Units

THAT's the easy route.

This destroys the Neanderthal Embassy wonder also. The way you are supposed to turn it off is to edit UserSettings/Neanderthal Spwn.ini and change
# Enable Neanderthal barbarian units to spawn.
# Default: True

NeanderthalSpawn__Enabled = True
[Spawn Rate]

to
# Enable Neanderthal barbarian units to spawn.
# Default: True

NeanderthalSpawn__Enabled = False
[Spawn Rate]

How come the different roads never appear in the civilopedia? Is there anywhere I can find out what each road type does?

There is no place int the Civ IV pedia to place route information. No one has modded it to do so as far as I know.

ER5013
Jul 19, 2011, 03:41 PM
There is no place int the Civ IV pedia to place route information. No one has modded it to do so as far as I know.

In AND (1.6x->1.74, that's all I played up to), roads were placed in the Improvements section of the pedia. I just noticed that routes weren't in the pedia just now actually.

jaz6ix
Jul 20, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hey there,

I'd like to thank the modding community for bringing us Rise of Mankind, A New Dawn and of course Caveman 2 Cosmos. I can assure you that I have never played a strategy game that enternaining and which offers so much replayability.

bill2505
Jul 20, 2011, 08:46 AM
the nature potato god buildings can be build 2 times in the second city
also the paradise civic should give some bonus with druidism religion

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 20, 2011, 02:27 PM
In AND (1.6x->1.74, that's all I played up to), roads were placed in the Improvements section of the pedia. I just noticed that routes weren't in the pedia just now actually.

It may be that the routes being in the pedia is something that was done in AND but got lost when we upgraded to the new versions of BUG etc. I'll try and remember to check it out when I get back.

the nature potato god buildings can be build 2 times in the second city

Are you sure you weren't building the temple and the monastery extensions? I may not have given them unique names. :(

robfbms
Jul 20, 2011, 11:37 PM
After version 14.0 launching, Caveman2Cosmos no longer runs on my PC, probably due to out-of-memory issue.

Is there a way to create a "lite" mod, with less huge modifications but preserving the extra religions, civs, techs, civics and units?

Zain
Jul 21, 2011, 08:29 AM
After version 14.0 launching, Caveman2Cosmos no longer runs on my PC, probably due to out-of-memory issue.

Is there a way to create a "lite" mod, with less huge modifications but preserving the extra religions, civs, techs, civics and units?

Are you sure?
For example, it took my (rather good) pc about 10 minutes to start a new game the first time, probably because of all the data being created.

strategyonly
Jul 21, 2011, 09:36 AM

Are you sure?
For example, it took my (rather good) pc about 10 minutes to start a new game the first time, probably because of all the data being created.

That is correct, the FIRST start-up takes a long time, but after that it takes less than a minute to load, as long as your PC never shuts off.

exacta
Jul 21, 2011, 10:41 AM
Okay, little problem. I've been playing an epic game for a while now and everything went smoothly (I wasn't going for any kind of victory, just playing the game.) And around the start of the Industrial Era things started to slow way down. Techs were listed to take 40 or so turns to research. I was putting out ~4000 beakers a turn, and by the techs' listed beaker requirement, that seemed to be average. Also, when I could research steel (because I was lucky enough to have a Great Scientist to get me Thermodynamics) it came up as only 1 turn. I tried it and the research bar was completely black, and so the next turn it was still listed as 1 turn. And THEN when I went to go research another tech, Steel was listed as having -643 beakers.

What. How is it even possible to have negative beakers?

robfbms
Jul 21, 2011, 11:11 AM
Are you sure?

Yes, completely sure. Even the running man cursor doesn't appear anymore, giving place to a crash-to-desktop Windows error message.

rwglaub
Jul 21, 2011, 03:12 PM
My machine has 16 gigs of RAM and a 1 gig video card. I am getting random CTDs. I think it happens when I click on something or move the cursor too fast. I am playing on a giant map.

arbor
Jul 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
Well updating my AMD drivers to Catalyst v11.6 definitely fixed the black terrain issue for me, I haven't had a problem since. Presumably there was some optimisation tweak in there that for whatever reason solved the problem - it was only occurring for me in C2C v14. Yours is an older graphics card though (I have the 5850) so I can't guarantee that it will work for you.

Good hint, helped me to solve the issue:

I thought I already installed the newest drivers few weeks ago, however, redownloaded and could install (the newest version is from 15th june).

I could run the game once! After a computer restart, C2C failed to load: before the title sceen loads I got: "Failed to init Shader" or something like this. Standard BTS worked.

I reinstalled the ATI driver, custom install, for no apparent reason it installed again and C2C worked another time.

However, I just remember the missing avatars of the civ leaders when having the black terrain issue. IIRC it was mentioned a new shader model for the leader heads - so maybe this is related?
Thanks a lot for the help and for this great mod!

EDIT:

Aarg, it still didn't work for long!
When I tried to start again (not PC, only C2C), I got the "Failed to load shader libraries" issue, reinstalling the driver didn't solve it nor restarting etc, searching ... , I had to toggle off "Win XP SP3 combatibility mode" (I just remembered that it was this that solved the problem with v13) but then I had the black terrain issue again ... . Different other constellations / try-outs didn't seem to work to fix it. Finally I removed the Custom Civilizations folder:

I had to start a new game (loading ended wit CTD), but no more black terrain. Besides, seemed to be a little bit faster than without Win XP combatibility. However, not sure, whether it'll work after re-start etc., may give it a try the weekend.

strategyonly
Jul 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
My machine has 16 gigs of RAM and a 1 gig video card. I am getting random CTDs. I think it happens when I click on something or move the cursor too fast. I am playing on a giant map.

Look at post # 8, very bottom on what to do, thx.

Argroww
Jul 22, 2011, 12:22 AM
Pleasingly on my rather low spec laptop (3GB memory and not sure what my GFX card is, but it's not high-spec!) v14 runs reasonably well, it's slow to load, 5-10 mins every time, the saves take a while to load too....although the max compatibility save does warn that and sometimes the game starts going grindingly slow for a while and then suddenly picks up again (usually accompanied by my cooling fans going haywire....oddly playing on a wooden table seems to keep it the coolest?).

I'm playing a 14k game on a small map with reduced city art and stationary leaderheads modules running and anything else I can change to minimize the processing power......and hoping that I might actually finish a game with this excellent mod (usually I don't due to a new version being released before I get very far!!)

Brilliant mod that keeps a brilliant game very much alive.....just wish I had a more powerful computer to do some of the work that's been done on this mod justice, as it is I cannot play with barbcivs turned on or the advance unit graphics as it's just too much for my little laptop.

nichopoleve
Jul 22, 2011, 12:45 AM
How can I add great people?

geh4th
Jul 22, 2011, 01:50 AM
I've discovered a bug with Embassies, or at least the Neanderthal Embassy. My game is v14, monarch, huge map, 12 civs, eternity speed. (This is the one where I conquered the Arabians with a Wanderer. :lol: )

I built the Neanderthal Embassy in 9186 bc. It worked normally - allowing me to build Neanderthal Warriors - until 8136 bc, when the cart path to my stone resource was destroyed by an enemy Thief unit. I got a notice that the Embassy was disabled: "The Neanderthal Embassy in the city of Washington DC is no longer functioning and has ceased doing business. Regain access to the resources or change the conditions in the city to restore the Neanderthal Embassy to working order."

Pretty standard, I thought nothing of it and simply rebuilt the cart path a few turns later.

What I didn't realize - mostly because I wasn't needing any new Neanderthal Warriors at the time - was that the Neanderthal Embassy hadn't just been disabled, it had completely disappeared. It was no longer in my buildings list, it had disappeared from the "Top 5 Cities/Wonders of the World" list, and the icon to build the N. Warriors was grayed out. Restoring the cart path didn't return the Embassy, either. It was gone.

This isn't intended, is it? If so, the message that comes up should be changed to something like "You've lost your resource and now your Embassy is permanently lost."

Stanislaw
Jul 22, 2011, 02:35 AM
Got one of those "Waiting for other civilizations" freezes and can't get past this single turn, which was a problem I had in the original ROM2 too. Attached is the save. Any idea how to fix it and/or avoid future problems if it's a reoccurring thing short of having a computer with better specs? Here are my specs, just as reference:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Gaming graphics: 2815 MB Total available graphics memory

Thanks in advance.

Hydromancerx
Jul 22, 2011, 03:58 AM
@geh4th

Wow! I did not realize that city vicinity wonders would do that when they lost their access to the required resource. Thanks for reporting this. I am not sure if it should be fixed or not since its such an interesting unintended feature.

geh4th
Jul 22, 2011, 04:37 AM
@geh4th

Wow! I did not realize that city vicinity wonders would do that when they lost their access to the required resource. Thanks for reporting this. I am not sure if it should be fixed or not since its such an interesting unintended feature.

Well, if you don't fix it, there will be unintended consequences for human players vs. AI civilizations. Human players will only need to identify whomever owns an Embassy and send a thief/rogue/anything to go pillage the path/road leading to the required resource. Once that's done, end of Embassy.

AI civilizations PROBABLY won't have the brains to do this unless deliberately programmed to do so (perhaps they already are - one did it to me, after all.) That being said, the Human player defense is then to stack units on the resource and intervening path in an effort to prevent pillaging. This is something the AI is unlikely to do in it's own defense.

I recommend fixing the problem of disappearing Embassies rather than leaving it as it is.

nichopoleve
Jul 22, 2011, 04:56 AM
Is it possible to change "city vicinity" requirement into:
within "city radius/borders" instead ?

BlueGenie
Jul 22, 2011, 12:50 PM
Is it possible to change "city vicinity" requirement into:
within "city radius/borders" instead ?

It's possible but I don't see why you'd want to do that. If you did you'd not be able to "share" a resource with a neighboring city. A Deer between two cities would only allow construction of Deer Hunter's Camp in one city, not both.

BigTin
Jul 22, 2011, 02:24 PM
Is this mod finished? It looks awesome but it still appears to be under construction.

strategyonly
Jul 22, 2011, 04:01 PM
Is this mod finished? It looks awesome but it still appears to be under construction.

Its as you say "Under Construction", but i'd still play it, it goes into the Galactic Era, actually with (well you look at the Main Features) and take a look yourself, at post # 2.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175010&postcount=2

BigTin
Jul 22, 2011, 04:02 PM
So its a playable mod, that you are still expanding on?

strategyonly
Jul 22, 2011, 04:05 PM
So its a playable mod, that you are still expanding on?

Definitely, we are mainly just re-balancing stuff, AI improvements, but not adding anything special at the moment. Units are in-place and it is a very playable mod. I think its one of the BEST "fun" mods out there. And way different when you play now, so the old way of playing is out. You have to have your mind set for lots of new stuff, and i mean LOTS.

BigTin
Jul 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
OK cool! I will definately try it out asap!

SteelSterling
Jul 22, 2011, 05:35 PM
Highly recommended mod BigTin! Been playing since version 8. It's a long haul to play since it covers such a long time period but well worth the time! :goodjob:

Epona222
Jul 22, 2011, 06:29 PM
Great mod, I'm enjoying v14 even more than 13, love the addition of the cultural embassies.

One thing I have noticed though is that when a barbarian city becomes a minor civ (I play with that option turned on), they spawn a whole load of unique units which should only be available if they have the embassy - for example I had a unit next to a barbarian city waiting for reinforcements (it was too close to my borders and had to go!) it became the Indian minor civ at the end of one turn and spawned several skirmishers and bear riders - they did not have the prerequisite embassies or wonders for these units. I also noticed another minor civ with jaguar units and another with fast workers when they did not have the embassies to provide those.

Another thing I noticed is that minor civs that emerge from barbarian cities do a lot better than the AI civs that start the game - I started with 1 AI opponent (to allow for plenty of hunting!) and by 0AD there were several civs that had arisen from barbarian cities to minor civs to fully fledged civilisations - they were all developing monarchy and similar level techs while the AI civ that started the game with me was researching sedentary lifestyle (and I was way ahead of all of them!) - possibly a balance issue that needs to be looked into at some point.

Fantastic mod though, this is the best fun I've had with CIV in ages :)

VineFynn
Jul 22, 2011, 06:32 PM
I've been wondering if you guys would want an introduction video to your mod. If so, I know the perfect video for it! Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLvXjSUk-8
I have this game,and so the video, and I think I can deal with the outro. Just tell me if you want it.

Edit: Video is nearly finished, converting to .bik format now. It is set at the minimum resolution for the mod (1024 x 768). Even if you don't want it, I'm certainly using it.

Hydromancerx
Jul 22, 2011, 08:11 PM
I've been wondering if you guys would want an introduction video to your mod. If so, I know the perfect video for it! Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLvXjSUk-8
I have this game,and so the video, and I think I can deal with the outro. Just tell me if you want it.

Edit: Video is nearly finished, converting to .bik format now. It is set at the minimum resolution for the mod (1024 x 768). Even if you don't want it, I'm certainly using it.

The video looks cool. Too bad at the end it cannot say "Caveman 2 Cosmos" instead of "Rise of Nations".

Another good into is from Empire Earth.

Empire Earth Intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mEkVBOKx6Y

Civomaniac
Jul 22, 2011, 10:39 PM
This Mod reminds me of my mega mod in Civ3. All the different characters and buildings and resources and modulations in the game. It was a private mod I played on LAN with buddies because back then was way to big to host. I have not modded since but I still know how much hard work it is. I see you guys implemented a lot of available graphics here and kudos to everything.

So I been playing this with my wife and I noticed with her older vid card all she had to do was update the drivers and the black terrain was no longer a problem.

The Neanderthals are just insane on epic LOL. wow reminds me of the old civ days when I put it on Raging ( I always playing on that mode) and hordes would come at you.
In order for me to get it to work in multiplayer I had to delete my custom assets folder in the C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets. I also had to do this for the ROM mods as well or got xml errors in the leader heads.

My wife and I haven't got overly far since we keep getting raped by barbarians. I had one CTD (me thinks barbarian related) and have been using the earth,huge, 28 placed CIV map. I tried to delete those funny looking islands because they only face one way and to me I don't like them. But every time I delete them they come back. So is there a way to turn whatever those are off?

One thing I miss from the old civ days is the caravans (camels and trucks) that you had to connect yourself for a trade route. Is there any way to put those in if they are not in already?

Oh yeah one more thing can you have a option to turn on and off to make the buildings to be civ specific because it reduces clutter with so much stuff already. I know you did it on purpose so just wondering if there is a way to have that options so both parties could be happy?

I stopped modding because I don't know xml in civ 4 and civ 3 was more simpler to understand how to mod things lol. Now i let you guys do all the work :)

PS if you guys know a way of bringing back the throne room that would be super awesome as well lol

And is there a way to get the wonder vids to work in multiplayer?

Hydromancerx
Jul 23, 2011, 01:13 AM
PS if you guys know a way of bringing back the throne room that would be super awesome as well lol

There are Palace related buildings that you can build including the throne room (civ2 throne room graphic). It also includes ...

- Ballroom
- Guardhouse
- Palace Garden
- Palace Walls
- Servant's Quarters

VineFynn
Jul 23, 2011, 03:34 AM
I'm getting black textures- not terrain though. I've cleared the cache, alt-tabbing only seems to make it worse and my video card is completely up-2-date.
Any ideas?
I'm running v13
Edit: Nvm, it was a bloom mod I was running.

Civomaniac
Jul 23, 2011, 08:22 AM
There are Palace related buildings that you can build including the throne room (civ2 throne room graphic). It also includes ...

- Ballroom
- Guardhouse
- Palace Garden
- Palace Walls
- Servant's Quarters

cool. thanks.

JosEPh_II
Jul 23, 2011, 09:30 AM
I tried to delete those funny looking islands because they only face one way and to me I don't like them. But every time I delete them they come back. So is there a way to turn whatever those are off?

I think you are talking about Strategyonly's Goody Islands. They work like Goody Huts and are an extension of the Goody Hut system. Pass a boat of any type thru them and see what happens.

JosEPh ;)

SouthernKing
Jul 23, 2011, 12:03 PM
First of all, great mod strategyonly/Hydro/anyone else who worked on this.

I have 1 question. Is there supposed to be extra civs other than what is in base ROM? Because if there are they are not showing up for me.

JosEPh_II
Jul 23, 2011, 01:07 PM
When you change Civics to Republic and Proletariat your Units that had claimed enemy territory (tiles) and converted them to your empire lose that ability. The tiles revert back to former owner as if your unit had moved away. Is this intentional or a bug?

JosEPh

strategyonly
Jul 23, 2011, 03:11 PM
When you change Civics to Republic and Proletariat your Units that had claimed enemy territory (tiles) and converted them to your empire lose that ability. The tiles revert back to former owner as if your unit had moved away. Is this intentional or a bug?

JosEPh

You'd have to ask Afforess on that one in AND section, he was the one that changed the Fixed Borders and made it work different in the Civics?

BlueGenie
Jul 23, 2011, 03:29 PM

JosEPh

What you need to do is check witch civics enable Fixed Borders. Sometimes it's better for you to either keep an existing Civic just to keep your 0% owned tiles, or when switching from something like Monarchy also switch to Vassalage so another Civic area gives you Fixed Borders still.

Cheers

Dr.Zoolocke
Jul 23, 2011, 03:47 PM
Has any one used Great Commanders?
They do not gain Experience or level up when I use them.

strategyonly
Jul 23, 2011, 05:06 PM

Great Commanders

Great Commanders are a new use of Great Generals. While players will still be able to attach Generals to units or settle them in cities, they will also be able to use the general unit in stacks, and have Great Generals receive XP from successful combat in nearby tiles. Great Generals will be able to earn promotions from this XP, and the promotions will boost the stats of all nearby units. Other promotions can extend the command range of the general (the radius in which the general's effects may be felt) or the amount of effects the promotions provide.

KingArthur666
Jul 23, 2011, 07:34 PM

I was having this problem with my game. When I turned stack attack off my generals started to earn experience.

Camber
Jul 23, 2011, 11:47 PM
I've run out of solutions for the black terrain issue with v14. I'm going back to v13 (tested, it still works great with no black terrain). Hopefully this issue can be resolved by v15. I was enjoying my little game anyway, so no problem.

WimpyTheWarrior
Jul 24, 2011, 12:46 AM
I've run out of solutions for the black terrain issue with v14. I'm going back to v13 (tested, it still works great with no black terrain). Hopefully this issue can be resolved by v15. I was enjoying my little game anyway, so no problem.

I also had the black terrain problem on v14. Like you, v13 displayed fine for me. Just on a guess I switched the Video option (native Civ-4 option button, upper right corner) from High to Medium and the problem went away! I can't explain it but I'm playing v14.

FWIW my gaming card is ATI Radeon 5800 w/ 1G memory. PC O/S is Win7 64 bit w/ 16G memory.

ron1
Jul 24, 2011, 01:04 AM
:lol:First off, Welcome to CFC

2nd You cant compare this mod to any other mod in Civ 4, sorry, its just to HUGE too compare to anything.:)

3rd You need to save the game under Maximum Compatibility, and attach said game here, plus the current logs, ONE turn BEFORE CTD.

In version 14 if you look in the XML file area there is a file named "A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines" at the very bottom you will see this:

<Define>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

just change it to this:

<Define>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

then no one has to worry about autosaves etc, because "we" at C2C cannot work with them, just too many changes each day, and sometimes every few hours.

Thx

Thanx for the reply. Something strange happened though. I've removed the old version and installed version V14. Then I started playing and waiting for the game to crash, but nothing happened (not that I'm complaining). I'm playing this game for days now, and actually made it to the Middle Ages. I really don't know why, but the only difference with my early games, is that I've followed your instruction on the first page of this forum. I started a new game, and loaded this one as the start of a new game. Perhaps this could be an explanation. Anyway, I'm off, enjoying the game :woohoo:

Civomaniac
Jul 24, 2011, 07:42 AM
I think you are talking about Strategyonly's Goody Islands. They work like Goody Huts and are an extension of the Goody Hut system. Pass a boat of any type thru them and see what happens.

JosEPh ;)

Ok thanks. I haven't made it to the ocean yet because of the Neanderthals lol

Zain
Jul 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
Noticed a couple of things (v14):

-Cannot load Explorers into Caravels (or no unit whatsoever, even with the transport upgrade)

-The Forge quest (build 15 forges) seems to be bugged, I'm fairly sure I've got 15 forges and still haven't gotten credit and haven't gotten info of another civ completing it first.

edit: is there any way to track quest progress?

strategyonly
Jul 24, 2011, 09:59 AM
Ok thanks. I haven't made it to the ocean yet because of the Neanderthals lol

Welcome to CFC

Noticed a couple of things (v14):

-Cannot load Explorers into Caravels (or no unit whatsoever, even with the transport upgrade)

Yeah, i just noticed that also, but i cant figure out why this is happening??

C2C personnel:

The NEW SVN is up and running.;)

DancingWind
Jul 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hello,
in V14 there is something wrong with Research - it counts backwards into the negative zone ... Steel -1.9k done ...
Also my steam engine researced ~24turns exept it costs ~9k and I produce 10+k breakers.
See attached savegame.

SouthernKing
Jul 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
Is there supposed to be extra civs other than what is in base ROM? Because if there are they are not showing up for me.

strategyonly
Jul 24, 2011, 02:47 PM
Is there supposed to be extra civs other than what is in base ROM? Because if there are they are not showing up for me.

Just one, depending on the version you have, so its either Australia, or Pirates ?

5StarGen.Xeno
Jul 24, 2011, 04:19 PM
I'm having a big problem, whenever I try to load some scenarios the loading for the game gets stuck on "Initializing" and I have to close the game. For the scenarios that do load there is no ground texture, the units, trees, and rivers show up but the entire ground is black.

strategyonly
Jul 24, 2011, 05:38 PM
I'm having a big problem, whenever I try to load some scenarios the loading for the game gets stuck on "Initializing" and I have to close the game. For the scenarios that do load there is no ground texture, the units, trees, and rivers show up but the entire ground is black.

Pls look at post # 2, near the bottom, and if that doesn't help, write again.

5StarGen.Xeno
Jul 24, 2011, 06:19 PM
Nope, I'm still getting the black terrain, and some aren't even loading at all, including worlds made specifically for this mod.

Drakonis
Jul 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
My wife and I have been playing this mod for awhile, but v14 has caused us all kinds of issues. First the black terrain problem is happening on my machine (ATI 5800 GPU - latest drivers). Also, we get the lovely OOS error almost immediately now when trying to play. We've both gone back to v13 and having fun...hoping that v15 fixes the black terrain and whatever started causing the OOS problems. Keep up the great work!!! Thanks!

Civomaniac
Jul 24, 2011, 07:25 PM
My wife and I have been playing this mod for awhile, but v14 has caused us all kinds of issues. First the black terrain problem is happening on my machine (ATI 5800 GPU - latest drivers). Also, we get the lovely OOS error almost immediately now when trying to play. We've both gone back to v13 and having fun...hoping that v15 fixes the black terrain and whatever started causing the OOS problems. Keep up the great work!!! Thanks!

Ive been playing with my wife also. Should have a couples team war lol. HMM the black terrain doesn't happen to us anymore and no OOS but do get some CTD. I don't have versions before 14. Did you make sure there is not other mods art conflicting in C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets. We had to delete ours just to get multiplayer to work. I think it came from some other mod and created interference.

Drakonis
Jul 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ive been playing with my wife also. Should have a couples team war lol. HMM the black terrain doesn't happen to us anymore and no OOS but do get some CTD. I don't have versions before 14. Did you make sure there is not other mods art conflicting in C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets. We had to delete ours just to get multiplayer to work. I think it came from some other mod and created interference.

Yeah, both of us delete that folder each time and do the SHIFT key thing to load it up. We've tried loading the mod directly via shortcut and also by going into vanilla BTS and loading from there. Odd thing for me with the black terrain is that it only happens sporadically when playing SP, but always with MP on v14. It's not a huge deal as we have plenty of games to finish using v13. Are you using Direct IP or LAN for your MP games? We use Direct IP

Zain
Jul 24, 2011, 07:47 PM

I've a similar GPU and was experiencing the black terrain issue aswell. Reinstalling drivers, rebooting the pc + (re)loading the savegame helped. Happened 2 times so far.

Civomaniac
Jul 24, 2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, both of us delete that folder each time and do the SHIFT key thing to load it up. We've tried loading the mod directly via shortcut and also by going into vanilla BTS and loading from there. Odd thing for me with the black terrain is that it only happens sporadically when playing SP, but always with MP on v14. It's not a huge deal as we have plenty of games to finish using v13. Are you using Direct IP or LAN for your MP games? We use Direct IP

We use direct ip using a lan address. Once the ATI drivers (catalyst 11.6 and up-have 5700 series cards) were updated the black terrain never was a problem. And we have everything set on high.you should not have to delete that custom each time it is only if stuff is actually in it. Has folders but 0 MB. Only had to delete once and that was after I installed a ROM ROD mod before this one. Did you edit your map or anything? And are you using a compatible map? Sometimes I noticed that if I go in world builder i save under a new name for each save or it can get buggy for me sometimes and I don't know why. Im also playing with ragin barbarians but no barb civs if that makes any difference not sure.

EldrinFal
Jul 24, 2011, 11:33 PM
It's great to see changes and work continue on this excellent mod. I spent quite a few hours back with an earlier version, but had to stop because of the incredibly long time between turns (20 min or so). I was happy to see that addressed with the newer version.

I think Neanderthals spawn a bit too much for my taste (went to world builder and they were covering about 90% of the spaces between civs) and would like to tone down the rate, but not get rid of them completely. I like playing with Raging Barbarians, but I can't even get to a decent defensive unit before I'm swarmed.

I saw in an earlier post that you can turn them OFF by editing the Neanderthal Spawn file. Can the settings in that file be tweaked to reduce the spawn rate? If so, which settings and should the numbers be lower or higher?

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

WimpyTheWarrior
Jul 25, 2011, 02:25 AM
Nope, I'm still getting the black terrain, and some aren't even loading at all, including worlds made specifically for this mod.

What you describe is exactly the symptom I had. I was able to resolve my issue by changing the Graphics Level to Medium. (Graphics level in base BTS options, not BUG options.). Medium level graphics still looks fantastic IMO. During the early exploration phase I do travel downstream on rivers to find the coast. And the hypnotic swaying of the trees, the gentle waves on the coast........

Epona222
Jul 25, 2011, 10:19 AM
Hi guys. I'm playing v14 at Settler difficulty and in the Renaissance era and have noticed something very odd going on with my research.

I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry. Something is not right here - either I'm losing a heck of a lot of beakers somewhere, or the number of points required is displayed incorrectly.

Also from Industrial Era onwards, all techs are displayed (on the tech tree pop up when you hover over the tech) as taking 1 turn despite requiring loads more beakers than I am currently producing.

Do you need to see a save game? If so I'll do a compatibility save for you.

datachild
Jul 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi @ all. Again I'm trying to start a new game (with the current SVN version co @ 19:00). My question is (again) about the optimal settings for the game. I tried to configure the options according to experiences with ROM. Then again I don't know if the developer balanced the mod for a specific combination of options. In the SVN version nearly all options were disabled, which didn't seem intended.
My goal would be a game on a giant or giantic map with as many civs as possible. At the same time the configuration shouldn't drastically decrease stability and performance in the mid->late game. I already figured that with the option for barbaric civs to turn into real civs enabled, there has to be a limit to the starting civs on giant+ maps (I think around 9). In case this option is disabled I didn't yet figure the maximum number of civs one should play with.
For all the other options available, it would be nice if recommended settings for a well balanced C2C game were put down in writing for people like me. As an example in v.13 the options for increasing difficulty during the game were enabled, leading to me playing on deity after a while, thereby ruining the game ;). I searched the forum for a configuration, but didn't find any.
On a related topic, can C2C be played with any map or should I confine myself to the C2Cperfectworld?

exacta
Jul 25, 2011, 12:05 PM
Hi guys. I'm playing v14 at Settler difficulty and in the Renaissance era and have noticed something very odd going on with my research.

I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry. Something is not right here - either I'm losing a heck of a lot of beakers somewhere, or the number of points required is displayed incorrectly.

Also from Industrial Era onwards, all techs are displayed (on the tech tree pop up when you hover over the tech) as taking 1 turn despite requiring loads more beakers than I am currently producing.

Do you need to see a save game? If so I'll do a compatibility save for you.

I'm also having this exact same problem, techs take 35+ turns sometimes and certain ones like Steel have the "1 turn glitch" where if I try to research it, I get negative beakers and cannot get the tech without a great person.

There's already been several posts about this issue and no one seems to no anything. It really hinders the game experience and it's made the mod boring as all I can do is the ancient through Renaissance.

SouthernKing
Jul 25, 2011, 12:44 PM
Just one, depending on the version you have, so its either Australia, or Pirates ?

Thanks, yeah I have pirates. Is there any extra civ pack for this or anything?

Drakonis
Jul 25, 2011, 01:10 PM
We use direct ip using a lan address. Once the ATI drivers (catalyst 11.6 and up-have 5700 series cards) were updated the black terrain never was a problem. And we have everything set on high.you should not have to delete that custom each time it is only if stuff is actually in it. Has folders but 0 MB. Only had to delete once and that was after I installed a ROM ROD mod before this one. Did you edit your map or anything? And are you using a compatible map? Sometimes I noticed that if I go in world builder i save under a new name for each save or it can get buggy for me sometimes and I don't know why. Im also playing with ragin barbarians but no barb civs if that makes any difference not sure.

We use Hamachi mostly, but have tried just using the LAN IPs. As for the maps, it's the C2Cperfectworld2f map. We also have catalyst 11.6 drivers installed. Don't know if it makes a difference, but on v13, the map is called PerfectWorld2f (no C2C).

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 25, 2011, 01:36 PM
On a related topic, can C2C be played with any map or should I confine myself to the C2Cperfectworld?

Any ROM_ map will work. I had to do some work with the perfect world map to get it to place kelp and reefs as it did not have logic for sea terrain features.

DancingWind
Jul 25, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm also having this exact same problem, techs take 35+ turns sometimes and certain ones like Steel have the "1 turn glitch" where if I try to research it, I get negative beakers and cannot get the tech without a great person.

There's already been several posts about this issue and no one seems to no anything. It really hinders the game experience and it's made the mod boring as all I can do is the ancient through Renaissance.

Yep there is definetly something funny with Research, looks like some sort of pacing mechanism? it works quite well .. up to industrial age (or 10k+ brk/trn) and then from 3-4 turns per tech its suddenly 20+ for no apparent reason.

grind through a couple of techs more and you tell me if you see what I see :D negative research - hurray for REgress:D (see my save)

exacta
Jul 25, 2011, 03:11 PM
Okay here's the save for the Uber long research times/ negative beakers "glitch." (I think? Maybe my research is just so low that it takes that long?) It's Chieftain, Huge, Terra, if that matters.

exacta
Jul 25, 2011, 03:54 PM
Yep there is definetly something funny with Research, looks like some sort of pacing mechanism? it works quite well .. up to industrial age (or 10k+ brk/trn) and then from 3-4 turns per tech its suddenly 20+ for no apparent reason.

grind through a couple of techs more and you tell me if you see what I see :D negative research - hurray for REgress:D (see my save)

Yeah, once you get far enough everything just goes negative and you can't make any advances.

Epona222
Jul 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
Okay here's the save for the Uber long research times/ negative beakers "glitch." (I think? Maybe my research is just so low that it takes that long?) It's Chieftain, Huge, Terra, if that matters.

I hope you don't mind, but I loaded up your save just out of curiosity to compare the problem as you're a little further along than I am (unfortunately I don't know enough about it to fix the issue, I'm not on the team for this mod just suffering from the same bug and curious about it!) You're in the same situation as me, you should be completing your current research project in the next turn, but instead it says it's going to take 14 turns and it looks as though it's only putting a small % of your beakers towards current research each turn, similar to my game :confused:

ETA: Actually I just checked mine out - it's pretty much exactly a third of my beakers going towards my current research on Humanism - 33.3333% of my total beakers per turn, the rest are not contributing. Looks as if something somewhere is being miscalculated.

Argroww
Jul 26, 2011, 12:24 AM
Not got this yes, but I am coming up to the part of the game where I might. I do have a minor issue though, researched the tech that unlocks the musketeers and on average I was 2 strength points ahead of all of the other AI (and yes I am playing on a low difficulty), upon upgrading all of the units I possibly could to Pirate musketeers I suddenly dropped down to an average of 1 strength point....not sure if this was due to the large number of units no longer having the fortification bonus perhaps?

Leifmk
Jul 26, 2011, 03:29 AM
It's great to see changes and work continue on this excellent mod. I spent quite a few hours back with an earlier version, but had to stop because of the incredibly long time between turns (20 min or so). I was happy to see that addressed with the newer version.

Yes, I took this back up with v13 and must say the performance was improved by leaps and bounds over the earlier version I'd tried.

In the current game I'm (slowly) playing through, the mod seems a bit... unbalanced, I guess. That is, I am now so far ahead of everyone else I've met that it's not even funny; it's around 1000BC and I've got 16 cities and solid medieval tech while the most advanced of my neighbours have almost but not quite researched Sedentary Lifestyle. Monarch level, Eternity speed. I guess a bit of early expansion helped... but I've recently taken over a few enemy cities (huge stacks of Macemen and Crossbowmen and various siege artillery rolling over stone-age enemy forces), and it seems the AI has been pretty lazy when it comes to building bonus buildings, as they don't have very many (or any) of them. Seems to me that all of those huts and whatnot that give various small bonuses are the key to getting something out of the early game, and a human player actually exploiting those bonuses can leave the AI in the dust.

LordPeter
Jul 26, 2011, 03:50 AM
hello folks I sadly must agree that there are quite some problems with the new version:
1) I do get black terrain, but didn't with v13. I experienced this once, but after disabling FRAPS (wich was running in the background) it was solved. Now it's back, and, as most other people, I have no idea why :confused:
2) I'm not having negative research, but it's still strange: After loading my SecuritySave (great thing btw :thumbsup: ) of v13 in v14, I do need 35 rounds to research Facism, but only ONE towards quantum physics, which is even less than before (if I'm not mistaken)?!?
3) That is a problem I experienced already in v13: The AI is mad.
(btw I'm NOT using ruthless or aggressive AI !)
Catherine, who has a +15 opinion or so towards me agrees to sign a defensive pact. 10 turns later (because the peace treaty is way too short) the "Evil Alliance" of Mao and Stalin (I always play with an alliance of two AIs against me :D ) declares war on me, and so does on catherine and her vassals. OK.
Another 4 turns later Catherine declares war on me - WTF??? she still likes me, but declares war on me all the time... thats neither sence nor realistic, because I do have 6times (!) the military strength of here and she is not even near me... now she's at war with 6 civs or so, and looses only city after city.
I had a similar problem when Hannibal declared war on me, but didn't have enough military and lost only 2 of his cities, while his military was on he way around the globe to a senceless war with elisabeth... still, that's not as funny as the city-taking wanderer :crazyeye: :lol:
-->So here my suggestion: The AI should declare war much less often, but if it does, it should be well prepared and able to gain something. There's just no point in declaring war to all civs if you cannot cope with that!

I count on you, C2C team, to solve these problems, because I am not able to play any other mods any more - they just tire me :) keep up the good work :goodjob:

exacta
Jul 26, 2011, 10:03 AM
2) I'm not having negative research, but it's still strange: After loading my SecuritySave (great thing btw :thumbsup: ) of v13 in v14, I do need 35 rounds to research Facism, but only ONE towards quantum physics, which is even less than before (if I'm not mistaken)?!?

No, that's the negative research glitch. Try and research QF and see what I mean. Around the industrial era, any tech that strangely only has 1 turn as it's completion date when attempted to research will just get more and more negative beakers and the research bar will stay completely black, while the others take way to long.

Dead-Eye
Jul 26, 2011, 02:17 PM
I had tried to build the apostolic palace, but there is no button in the list.
My city with state religion has 20+ pop. And i had developed "Papacy" and active state religion.

Why I can't build the apostolic palace? Is there a civic, blocked the apo?

Edith said, it's my fault!
I had imagined, there is an active state religion. :wallbash:

KingArthur666
Jul 26, 2011, 05:00 PM
I had tried to build the apostolic palace, but there is no button in the list.
My city with state religion has 20+ pop. And i had developed "Papacy" and active state religion.

Why I can't build the apostolic palace? Is there a civic, blocked the apo?

I just built it in my game so it would seem it is not a universal problem. You might need to provide more information.

EldrinFal
Jul 26, 2011, 06:54 PM
Tried to start a new game and ran into the same black terrain problem. Strange since I didn't get that when I played just a few days ago. Changed settings from high to medium on all the graphics stuff and still no go. Wonder if it has to do with the map script?

Edit: Today I noticed the edit on the front page regarding the black terrain. I tried the two options I saw there (editing the config file in Modules and loading stock BTS then loading the C2C mod w/Shift held down), but neither worked. In both cases I used Play Now with a Tiny Map. I have a Radeon 4870 w/ 1 GB of memory. Win 7 64bit. 6 GB system RAM.

ThoricFrame
Jul 26, 2011, 11:49 PM
Tech problems: Sounds like an integer overflow.
A 16-bit signed integer can be from −32,768 to 32,767

"I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry."
So after 3 turns the amount of beakers you've put towards the tech overflows and becomes negative, I guess it then wraps around a couple more times and in 17 turns finally lands at a number between 31185 and 32767, giving you the tech >_<.

But I may be wrong and some other problem is happening here!

VineFynn
Jul 27, 2011, 02:27 AM
Wow, glad I'm not using v14, there seems to be a few bugs needing ironing out!

Hydromancerx
Jul 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
@strategyonly

The siege tower has the wrong icon again. (See image) Its showing the catapult icon/button instead of the siege tower icon. :sad: Please fix.

ThoricFrame
Jul 27, 2011, 03:38 AM
Tech problems: Sounds like an integer overflow.
A 16-bit signed integer can be from −32,768 to 32,767

"I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry."
So after 3 turns the amount of beakers you've put towards the tech overflows and becomes negative, I guess it then wraps around a couple more times and in 17 turns finally lands at a number between 31185 and 32767, giving you the tech >_<.

But I may be wrong and some other problem is happening here!

Quotin' myself. I am quite incorrect! I just checked my game to see what was going on, and something is definitely borked. Even in late Medieval it's not working properly, all of the techs are taking longer than they should and I'm nowhere near the 16-bit integer problem. I'm making a little over 5000 beakers, and Usury (20443 beakers) is going to take 10 turns instead of 4-5. Martial Arts (20328 beakers) will take 7 turns? It's not at all consistent. Some ~19k tech will take 10 turns and a ~30k tech will take 9? Huh?!

For some reason every tech starting at Industrial until the last era (the grey one) will take 1 turn, except radio astronomy which was over 100. When it gets to the greys they all take a long time again. So weird.

Hydromancerx
Jul 27, 2011, 03:55 AM
@strategyonly

The sharpshooter has a big red ball (see picture).

In addition the El Dorado Wonder has a big red ball too (no picture).

BlueGenie
Jul 27, 2011, 04:49 AM
On the note of less research being counted I'm thinking it's actually intended as when checking the unmodified Civ4ErasInfo.xml file in ver. 14 a modifier on techcost has been set in every era.

This I'm agreeing with, had even set it myself in previous versions to delay techs towards later eras, thought they went too fast then.

The negative tech I've no idea about though.

strategyonly
Jul 27, 2011, 05:37 AM
@strategyonly

The siege tower has the wrong icon again. (See image) Its showing the catapult icon/button instead of the siege tower icon. :sad: Please fix.

@strategyonly

The sharpshooter has a big red ball (see picture).

In addition the El Dorado Wonder has a big red ball too (no picture).

1. Fixed
2. Fixed
3. Its in the Religious area of Andean. DH has
<!--NIF>Art/Buildings/Dorado/Wudang.nif</NIF--> for some reason?

Epona222
Jul 27, 2011, 09:52 AM
On the note of less research being counted I'm thinking it's actually intended as when checking the unmodified Civ4ErasInfo.xml file in ver. 14 a modifier on techcost has been set in every era.

This I'm agreeing with, had even set it myself in previous versions to delay techs towards later eras, thought they went too fast then.

The negative tech I've no idea about though.

Thanks for posting this, because it pointed me in the right direction - the modifiers for some of the eras in that file were obviously erroneous and breaking research because they were resulting in negative beakers per turn towards the current tech. So it was easy to fix once I knew where to look, and I wouldn't have known where to start had you not posted up the file name - so cheers :)

Snofru1
Jul 28, 2011, 08:50 AM
I get a repeatable crash when I wait for the next turn with the attached save. This happens only with the current SVN (Rev 201), no problem with one from 1 or 2 days ago (but massiv issues then with non researchable techs). I have a 16 GB, i7-2600k with Win7 64 Bit.

Pohlmann
Jul 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
from the other thread:
why on earth is an enemy able to take over my 120 pop capital with a spy? this is the most imbalanced thing i've EVER encountered in all games ive played in 15 years.
even if it costs 20000 espionagepoints or whatever it does this is ......

this cost me multiple 10000s of hammers because almost all buildings in the city were destroyed on recapturing. also after reconquering my culturelevel dropped from legendary to 88% barbarian culture, 6% khmer, 6% mine.

i looked at the espionageratio the turn before and he had about 3000 espionagepoints invested.

this seems horribly imbalanced.

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2011, 12:04 PM
from the other thread:
why on earth is an enemy able to take over my 120 pop capital with a spy? this is the most imbalanced thing i've EVER encountered in all games ive played in 15 years.
even if it costs 20000 espionagepoints or whatever it does this is ......

this cost me multiple 10000s of hammers because almost all buildings in the city were destroyed on recapturing. also after reconquering my culturelevel dropped from legendary to 88% barbarian culture, 6% khmer, 6% mine.

i looked at the espionageratio the turn before and he had about 3000 espionagepoints invested.

this seems horribly imbalanced.

Do you have a screen shot, also a Maximum Compatibility savedgame (one turn before it happens) so Koshling can take a look at it, thx.

Pohlmann
Jul 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
i can attach an autosave if that helps.

two turns from this save suryavarman bribes my capital.

(apart from bribing cities being not that good of a feature in a modification where you spend hundreds of turns to build up such a metropolis)

Firewolfneo
Jul 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
I finally got the mod to work with V14, and was able to go into the medieval age before I got an error pop up. I can't start any game now without it popping up and CTD.

\main\civilization4\sdks\gamebryo2_0\corelibs\nidx 9renderer\nidx9sourcetexturedata.cpp line:321
Thats the error message.

nichopoleve
Jul 28, 2011, 01:20 PM
I managed to start my game with divine prophets setting on.
I dont like this and want to turn it off.
How do I do this and not have to start a new game?

Makun
Jul 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi,
I wanted to try this mod (v14), but when I click on "Single Player" or "Civilopedia" I get an CTD and an error message with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" (but no text).
Any Idea how I can fix this?

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hi,
I wanted to try this mod (v14), but when I click on "Single Player" or "Civilopedia" I get an CTD and an error message with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" (but no text).
Any Idea how I can fix this?

Do you meet the requirements of post # 7

btw Welcome to CFC.

JosEPh_II
Jul 28, 2011, 07:03 PM
I finally got the mod to work with V14, and was able to go into the medieval age before I got an error pop up. I can't start any game now without it popping up and CTD.

Thats the error message.

Try re-installing the DX9 that came with the BtS discs 1st. This usually works. (Good ole Microsoft :p )

If that doesn't work, then try updating your video drivers.

JosEPh

BlueGenie
Jul 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hi.

What do I do to not load any of the extra religions, preferably without breaking saved games?
I'm in particular wanting to remove Jainism, Mormon, Scientology, Shamanism, Sikh, Voodoo, and Yoruba.

Reasons? Less to load, maybe enabling one of our players to not get Black Terrain *shudder*. With Shamanism it's more because I feel Shamanism and Druidism are basically the same thing, just popped up in different locations of the world.
EDIT: And Zoroantrism.

Epona222: You're very welcome and good job figuring the negative :science: out.
Cheers.

The Turk
Jul 28, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hi.

What do I do to not load any of the extra religions, preferably without breaking saved games?
I'm in particular wanting to remove Jainism, Mormon, Scientology, Shamanism, Sikh, Voodoo, and Yoruba.

Reasons? Less to load, maybe enabling one of our players to not get Black Terrain *shudder*. With Shamanism it's more because I feel Shamanism and Druidism are basically the same thing, just popped up in different locations of the world.

Epona222: You're very welcome and good job figuring the negative :beaker: out.
Cheers.

I have the same feelings exactly, I would really like to remove those religions, they are quite useless.

plasmacannon
Jul 28, 2011, 10:33 PM
I was thinking of that too.
Some of those "religions" have been around only a short time, and have had little impact on the world as a whole.

But, my main question is: Does this Mod work in multiplayer?
In "Pie's Ancient Europe IV" Mod, he states his is. I wasn't looking to test dozens of mods or only use them in single player for myself. I need to use them in with other people.
Your Mod looks very good. I'd like a mod with more early parts.
"The Stone Age" Mod looked good, but, it is only 1 player. :(

Mariosat
Jul 29, 2011, 05:19 AM
the mod is the best ever .This mod made me come back to civ 4
good job my friend

Makun
Jul 29, 2011, 05:24 AM
Do you meet the requirements of post # 7

btw Welcome to CFC.

ah, sorry I thought I included my systems details in my last post:
OS is Windows Vista, two 2.4 GHz cores (64 bit), 4GB RAM, free disk space >100GB, only the graphic card is with 512 MB (geforce 9600 GT) under your 1GB suggestion, but I had hoped that turning the graphic setting to low would help... but can insufficient hardware cause a crash when clicking on the single player entry? It is supposed to show the next menu with "play now!", "load game", etc. ...
Anyway, thanks for your quick reply.

strategyonly
Jul 29, 2011, 05:44 AM
the mod is the best ever .This mod made me come back to civ 4
good job my friend

I am really thankful you wrote, the "Team" really appreciates these kind words, well actually so do i, so again thx,

the next version will be 10X better and waaay more competitive. Tons and tons of improvements.

btw Welcome to CFC.

ah, sorry I thought I included my systems details in my last post:
OS is Windows Vista, two 2.4 GHz cores (64 bit), 4GB RAM, free disk space >100GB, only the graphic card is with 512 MB (geforce 9600 GT) under your 1GB suggestion, but I had hoped that turning the graphic setting to low would help... but can insufficient hardware cause a crash when clicking on the single player entry? It is supposed to show the next menu with "play now!", "load game", etc. ...
Anyway, thanks for your quick reply.

It might be the Vista problem, but when was the last time you updated your graphics card drivers?

Makun
Jul 29, 2011, 06:59 AM
It might be the Vista problem, but when was the last time you updated your graphics card drivers?

Driver wasn't the latest, but the update didn't solve the problem... are you mentioning a specific Vista problem or the problem with Vista generally?

BlueGenie
Jul 29, 2011, 07:47 AM
I was thinking of that too.
Some of those "religions" have been around only a short time, and have had little impact on the world as a whole.

But, my main question is: Does this Mod work in multiplayer?
In "Pie's Ancient Europe IV" Mod, he states his is. I wasn't looking to test dozens of mods or only use them in single player for myself. I need to use them in with other people.
Your Mod looks very good. I'd like a mod with more early parts.
"The Stone Age" Mod looked good, but, it is only 1 player. :(

As far as we know it does. We are 4 that play somewhat regularly. We do have some problems with late game OOS due to massive amounts of data and calculations going on but playing on smaller maps and without events seems to work.

Cheers

exacta
Jul 29, 2011, 12:38 PM
Ah, Black Terrain.

I tried EVERYTHING. Anything in this thread or the other one. Nothing's worked. I've tried to restart over and over in vain. It worked fine for a week, but today it just broke I guess. I had black terrain before too, but all I had to do was restart. Oh, and the game crashes when I load my save.

And I was so happy that I could play after negative beakers was fixed. Oh well, guess I'll just wait.

Hydromancerx
Jul 29, 2011, 02:02 PM
the next version will be 10X better and waaay more competitive. Tons and tons of improvements.

No kidding. I got my butt handed to me last game.

*shakes fists* Inca why are you so hard to fight?!

In in all seriousness overall the AI are MUCH better and the new culture buildings are bringing a new spin to how you play.

Thanks again Mariosat for the nice words. They do really help motivate us to make the mod even better.

BlueGenie
Jul 29, 2011, 02:59 PM
No kidding. I got my butt handed to me last game.

*shakes fists* Inca why are you so hard to fight?!

In in all seriousness overall the AI are MUCH better and the new culture buildings are bringing a new spin to how you play.

Any estimate on when I can get a more decent fight on my hands then?

On other things, for making AI better; maybe not have them rebuild improvements over old ones all the time. Watching an AI worker build a mine, then a cottage, then a mine, then a cottage, and so on and on and on only keeps it's charm for so long.

Then there's also (which you all probably already noticed) AI setting cities ON resources even after being able to see them, and workers able to keep building fruit gatherer and plant gatherer improvements on those resources, meaning the forest is kept and it gets upgraded to a plantation with still keeping the forest.

Cheers.