View Full Version : Caveman 2 Cosmos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

strategyonly
Dec 07, 2011, 03:31 PM
Well, I've figured it out!! I'm so proud of myself.... anyway, it's not the # of civs, it's the Barbarian civs thing that seems to crash it. When I turn it off, I'm good. So, no rev, no Barbcivs, I'm good! I'm going to go play a standard sized game now, but I think it should be looked into.

I hope your saving a copy of the games in Max Comp for Koshling when he comes back, that way we can find out what the heck is going on, thx. I know Rev is flawed but didnt know Barb Civ was?

Jwitti
Dec 07, 2011, 03:34 PM
I don't have a save because it crashes when I try to start a game with Barbarian Civs. So, no save, since the game doesn't even start.

strategyonly
Dec 07, 2011, 03:37 PM
I don't have a save because it crashes when I try to start a game with Barbarian Civs. So, no save, since the game doesn't even start.

Then i suggest you go into A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines, it located in the XML folder when you first enter it.

Change this:

<Define>
<DefineName>ALWAYS_USE_MAX_COMPAT_SAVES</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

to this:

<Define>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

pzm52v
Dec 07, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hello,

I have problem with a GG used as a Great Commander.

For my undertanding, a GG working as a Great Commander help other units in its tile or in adjacentiles in fight. Additionally, The Great Commander gets promotion not accessible but working like this.

1. How is the influence of the GC over their forces? I don´t know how it works.
2. How do I know his influence reach other tiles? Is there any indication?
3. How does promotions works with GC?

My problem is that I take the GC in several battles inside and outsime my regions of influence, and nothing happens. The units takes their promotions but it seems that all would work the same without the GC.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Jwitti
Dec 07, 2011, 04:18 PM
Then i suggest you go into A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines, it located in the XML folder when you first enter it.

Change this:

<Define>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

to this:

<Define>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

No, It DOES NOT save because it DOES NOT ever actually get to the game. I know how to do a max compatability save.

RulerOfNothing
Dec 08, 2011, 12:39 AM
Hello,

I have problem with a GG used as a Great Commander.

For my undertanding, a GG working as a Great Commander help other units in its tile or in adjacentiles in fight. Additionally, The Great Commander gets promotion not accessible but working like this.

1. How is the influence of the GC over their forces? I don´t know how it works.
2. How do I know his influence reach other tiles? Is there any indication?
3. How does promotions works with GC?

My problem is that I take the GC in several battles inside and outsime my regions of influence, and nothing happens. The units takes their promotions but it seems that all would work the same without the GC.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

What promotions does the Great Commander have? AFAIK, there is no way to explicitly see what units are being affected by a Great Commander, but I have noticed Great Commander promotions affecting nearby units. How it works (I think) is that if a GC has a promotion giving +10% strength (for example), then all of your units within its area of effect will gain +10% strength.

strategyonly
Dec 08, 2011, 12:51 AM
Great Commanders
Great Commanders replaces the ability for Great Generals to join with a unit, and instead, they lead units into battle by being near battles. If a great general is near or on the site of a battle they will earn 1XP each time your forces win (up to 5XP a turn), and can earn special Commander-Only promotions that apply to your entire nearby army. Great Commanders can help your units withdraw from one-sided battles, or give your forces the edge they need to destroy the enemy. Use their promotions to turn the tide, and the odds in your favor. Just don't be surprised when the AI uses them against you too!

pzm52v
Dec 08, 2011, 01:17 AM
Great Commanders
Great Commanders replaces the ability for Great Generals to join with a unit, and instead, they lead units into battle by being near battles. If a great general is near or on the site of a battle they will earn 1XP each time your forces win (up to 5XP a turn), and can earn special Commander-Only promotions that apply to your entire nearby army. Great Commanders can help your units withdraw from one-sided battles, or give your forces the edge they need to destroy the enemy. Use their promotions to turn the tide, and the odds in your favor. Just don't be surprised when the AI uses them against you too!

Thank you for the information.

However, I've win several battles, and I've conquest a city, and my GC have any XP I could see.
The individual forces that wins the battle, some of them get promotions.
My impresion is that the GC have no influence I can meausure.

Is there any place to see how this influence works and how it affects the rest of forces.

If the behaviour is what you say, something wrong is with my GC. Perhaps he is ill? :lol:

Dancing Hoskuld
Dec 08, 2011, 01:53 AM
Silly question I know, but you did turn the great general into a great commander, not leave him/her as a GG?

pzm52v
Dec 08, 2011, 02:19 AM
Silly question I know, but you did turn the great general into a great commander, not leave him/her as a GG?

It is a really good point however ....:D

I have confirmed loading ROM-AND and using World Builder that a flag appears in the menu to get GG to GC.

In my case, it does not appear. The only strange thing I've made is to install LH for C2C. I don't know if this have something to do with this issue.

I am using C2C v19.

Bumbro07
Dec 09, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hey, Jeff. I'd like to change the Celt flag to look something more Irish.
But, I can't find the FlagDECAL_Celts.dds file as it is described in the CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml file.

I've searched the mod folder, the Beyond the Sword folder, the Civ 4 folder, and even my entire hard drive. I feel really dumb, but I cannot figure out how to get this new flag I made into the game.

strategyonly
Dec 10, 2011, 12:34 AM
Hey, Jeff. I'd like to change the Celt flag to look something more Irish.
But, I can't find the FlagDECAL_Celts.dds file as it is described in the CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml file.

I've searched the mod folder, the Beyond the Sword folder, the Civ 4 folder, and even my entire hard drive. I feel really dumb, but I cannot figure out how to get this new flag I made into the game.

You need PAKbuild to unpack C2C.FPK. (see pic)

strategyonly
Dec 10, 2011, 07:10 AM
Great Commanders

Here is the upgrade for the GC also (in red):

pzm52v
Dec 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
Thank you very much.

The problem is that I am unable to transform the GG into GC.
I don't see any button to do it.

Stormwind
Dec 10, 2011, 08:57 AM
IIRC there is a custom game option you need to activate before GCs work.

pzm52v
Dec 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
Thank you

Which one , because I am looking and I don't see nothing related.

Stormwind
Dec 10, 2011, 10:09 AM
Custom game option "Great Commanders" needs to be checked.

Jwitti
Dec 10, 2011, 10:28 AM
Before you start the game

Bumbro07
Dec 10, 2011, 12:34 PM
You need PAKbuild to unpack C2C.FPK. (see pic)

Thanks a Million

Uh-oh...after unpacking the C2C.FPK and replacing the flag, I can't build the "art folder" into the same C2C.FPK file...the only thing that comes out is a "Pak0.FPK" that is only 104,169kb while your C2C.FPK file is 121,830kb.
Do you know why that is?
Is it a problem?

Edit: Nevermind I got it

pzm52v
Dec 10, 2011, 03:55 PM
Custom game option "Great Commanders" needs to be checked.

Thank you very much! ;)

Jwitti
Dec 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
IDEA!!!
This may be A LOT of work, but perhaps a "Turn off Build Cultures" option in custom game? in case you feel like not having to have olives to build Praets :) If this is not feasible I'd understand.

Hydromancerx
Dec 10, 2011, 11:56 PM
IDEA!!!
This may be A LOT of work, but perhaps a "Turn off Build Cultures" option in custom game? in case you feel like not having to have olives to build Praets :) If this is not feasible I'd understand.

That would mean no UU, UB or Heroes.

nightcreature
Dec 11, 2011, 02:16 AM
I think Jwitti means that you can build the UU, UB, and heroes, but not needing the prereq culture in the city.

Hydromancerx
Dec 11, 2011, 03:57 AM
I think Jwitti means that you can build the UU, UB, and heroes, but not needing the prereq culture in the city.

I don't know then.

Jwitti
Dec 11, 2011, 06:00 AM
I was thinking along the lines of what nightcreature said, but maybe:
1: Each civ has a UB like (NoCulturesBulding) that only actually does something when you have the option on
2: that building allows the normal UU and UB

Maybe?

Hydromancerx
Dec 11, 2011, 05:57 PM
I was thinking along the lines of what nightcreature said, but maybe:
1: Each civ has a UB like (NoCulturesBulding) that only actually does something when you have the option on
2: that building allows the normal UU and UB

Maybe?

You cannot make a Unit require 1 building OR another building. In addition all UUs and Heroes are being converted to require a culture resource instead.

Thus the only way to make it work like you suggest would be some UB for each civ that produced the culture resource. However I already have enough to do. If someone else wants to take up the epic task of making a 2nd UB that produces the cultural resource and makes it an option than be my guest.

However there are more cultures than there are civs. And not all line up anymore. For instance there is no "Native American" culture, but many Native American tribes with their own separate cultures (ex. Navajo, Apache, Cree, Huron, Comanche, etc).

I also think its a waste of time if you do since we have been talking about phasing out all the civs and make new regional or even generic civs. Such as Red Empire, Blue Empire or Mesoamerican Empire, Eastern European Empire.

Jwitti
Dec 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
OK it was just a random idea, I can do without :)

AIAndy
Dec 12, 2011, 08:58 AM
You cannot make a Unit require 1 building OR another building.
You can. I added that before all the conversions to resources for the goods system.

Hydromancerx
Dec 12, 2011, 01:09 PM
You can. I added that before all the conversions to resources for the goods system.

Oh yeah, but still it doesn't really matter now for that since all UU, UB and Heroes are going to require the new culture resource instead of a culture building.

nightcreature
Dec 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
A few questions:
Why does Israel have UB's?
Why does platinum make much less (about 1/2) commerce than diamonds?
Why do gems not get happiness from mine and all the other gem resources not get bonuses from buildings?
Why does the SoZ (Hellenic shrine) require 6 population while the others don't?

Hale_9204
Dec 16, 2011, 12:21 PM
about Israeli's UB, the Mossad doesn't give the possibility to build special agents, while the 'normal' intelligence agency does

kjgienapp
Dec 18, 2011, 11:33 AM
I am using version 19 and I'm having trouble getting the mod to work. When I start up the mod, I can't see the main menu, all I see is the the Caveman2Cosmos background. I have tried the CvAltRoot.py solution but it hasn't worked or maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

Rise of Mankind and other mods work just fine. My civ4 is installed in the D:/Program Files/Friaxis/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword. My Documents folder is C:/MyData/My Games/Beyond the Sword.

I've tried putting both paths in the CvAltRoot.py but it hasn't worked. Any ideas? Or can someone tell me exactly where to put the CvAltRoot.py file, I'm a bit confused where it goes?

My computer is a Dell Latitude E6400. It has 3GB RAM, Windows XP SP3, built-in graphics (but the game runs just fine on it), Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz.

Thanks for the help and the great mod!

hihi
Dec 18, 2011, 12:19 PM
please add gient world map scenario in next version..~~

with many civ.

Hale_9204
Dec 18, 2011, 12:26 PM
I am using version 19 and I'm having trouble getting the mod to work. When I start up the mod, I can't see the main menu, all I see is the the Caveman2Cosmos background. I have tried the CivAltRoot.py solution but it hasn't worked or maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

Rise of Mankind and other mods work just fine. My civ4 is installed in the D:/Program Files/Friaxis/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword. My Documents folder is C:/MyData/My Games/Beyond the Sword.

I've tried putting both paths in the CivAltRoot.py but it hasn't worked. Any ideas? Or can someone tell me exactly where to put the CivAltRoot.py is that is what is the problem?

My computer is a Dell Latitude E6400. It has 3GB RAM, Windows XP SP3, built-in graphics (but the game runs just fine on it), Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz.

Thanks for the help and the great mod!

this may be a silly question, but are you playing in english?
first time I played this mod I couldn't read anything because I was playing in italian, but switching the language to english solved the problem

Jwitti
Dec 18, 2011, 04:03 PM
please add gient world map scenario in next version..~~

with many civ.

1: Welcome to CFC, I notice that you are asking for giant earth maps on every mod I like :) (Well, mostly)

2:I think that there already is one... I know that my computer can't handle a standard, so I don't remember where.....

kjgienapp
Dec 18, 2011, 05:02 PM
this may be a silly question, but are you playing in english?
first time I played this mod I couldn't read anything because I was playing in italian, but switching the language to english solved the problem

It is set on English. Any other ideas?

CommanderD
Dec 19, 2011, 05:21 AM
Great mod as always.

One problem I'm having is that building interfaith seems to lockup the game. Sorry, I don't have a saved game demonstrating the issues.

I'm also not sure about the game speed balance, try as I might I'm still in the medieval era at best by 2000AD.

Lastly, would it be possible to add underwater cities? I'm sure this has been requested before, but is a feature I'd love to see.

Thanks to everyone who works on this, it is still the only version of CIV I play now.

AIAndy
Dec 19, 2011, 05:28 AM
Great mod as always.

One problem I'm having is that building interfaith seems to lockup the game. Sorry, I don't have a saved game demonstrating the issues.
It actually does not lock up but just takes a really, really long time to compute.
I fixed that on the SVN and also posted a DLL (I think the one Joseph links at the end of the patch thread).

Dancing Hoskuld
Dec 19, 2011, 12:24 PM
Lastly, would it be possible to add underwater cities? I'm sure this has been requested before, but is a feature I'd love to see.

RoM had them but the AI did not understand them so they were removed. This means 'we' should be able to get them back in when someone writes the AI. There needs to be AI written for the other sea improvements also.

CIVPlayer8
Dec 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hey, I just downloaded this mod. Looks great, but when I start a game, it says I'm running with "No Future Era", so of course when I start the game and look at the tech tree, no future era. I try again, look through all the options, but don't see a "No Future Era" option. So I start again, but I once more have no future era. Why?

AIAndy
Dec 20, 2011, 02:13 AM
Hey, I just downloaded this mod. Looks great, but when I start a game, it says I'm running with "No Future Era", so of course when I start the game and look at the tech tree, no future era. I try again, look through all the options, but don't see a "No Future Era" option. So I start again, but I once more have no future era. Why?
Use Play Now once. That will clear all the remnant settings from other mods.

raxo2222
Dec 23, 2011, 03:25 AM
It looks lovely, not tried it, but downloading! :D

Wodan
Dec 23, 2011, 06:29 AM
Use Play Now once. That will clear all the remnant settings from other mods.

I've never understood why a mod can't clear settings as part of setup procedure for a new game. If "Play Now!" clears it, then it's possible to clear, so it's not like something magic is done that we can't replicate or copy the code to the mod.

JosEPh_II
Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hey Wodan!

Giving C2C a run or 2 now? If so welcome a board. :)

It's now, imho, the New Golden Age of BtS Modding. And it is still being improved/changed every version.

JosEPh :)

strategyonly
Dec 25, 2011, 12:42 AM
Happy Holidays Everyone:xmascheers:

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u338/strategyonly/HappyHolidays.jpg

littleotter69
Dec 25, 2011, 02:01 PM
HELP!!!! I really love the C2C but cant seem to play it,would some one please give me some advice on how to run it????
To start we put Windows on 3G,the graphics card is 256MB card,NVIDIA MSI NX7300 LE (NVIDIA GeForce LE)
i'M not sure what else to put~any suggestions anyone?
Thank you

strategyonly
Dec 25, 2011, 04:28 PM
HELP!!!! I really love the C2C but cant seem to play it,would some one please give me some advice on how to run it????
To start we put Windows on 3G,the graphics card is 256MB card,NVIDIA MSI NX7300 LE (NVIDIA GeForce LE)
i'M not sure what else to put~any suggestions anyone?
Thank you

From what i just read your card must be at least 4-5 years old? ddr2

xie323
Dec 26, 2011, 08:22 PM
What happened to the extra leaderheads?

littleotter69
Dec 26, 2011, 10:17 PM
Not sure if it is a DDR2,the permissions was taken off of the Vista and it works for the Laptop we have,we tried everything to get C2C to work but it crashes down to 8Bit graphics on the desktop,I appreciate any suggestions u may have concerning this.
we have Windows XP for an OS(Turned on the 3G option)we have service pack 3 updates for Windows XP,We changed the Page file to a higher setting,and that didnt work~do u have any more suggestions? We even updated the driver for the card from the NVEDIA website
Thanks for taking the time to help with this.
Meryy X-mas,
Littleotter

JosEPh_II
Dec 26, 2011, 11:11 PM
@littleotter69,

Does your video card support/have shader 2.0? It has to have this or better.

My son had a 7600 series GeForce and it was not sufficient to play even Rise of Mankind Mod much less C2C. Sorry but you need a better vid card.

I just upgraded from a ATI Radeon HD4650 with 512MB of DDR2 that up thru v18 had had no problems with C2C. But with the new terrains in v19 it started to have problems. I went to a MSI R6450 with 2GB of DDR3. NewEgg has it for $59.95. There are other makes that are cheaper that will work. But the shader tech must be 2.0+(3.0 and better is recommended) and it doesn't hurt to have 1GB (or more) on board video ram.

xie323
Dec 28, 2011, 09:16 AM
Hey what happened to most of the fanmade leaderheads? I only find the normal civ ones?

strategyonly
Dec 28, 2011, 10:18 AM
What happened to the extra leaderheads?

Hey what happened to most of the fanmade leaderheads? I only find the normal civ ones?

I haven't had time to update them yet, they all need to have the new schema's, thats all.:blush:

xie323
Dec 28, 2011, 10:31 AM
I haven't had time to update them yet, they all need to have the new schema's, thats all.:blush:

Um..what new schema's?

strategyonly
Dec 28, 2011, 02:03 PM
Um..what new schema's?

Almost all the schema's in the SVN for version 20 have been changed, thx to AIAndy.

ruslankv
Dec 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
@littleotter69,

My son had a 7600 series GeForce and it was not sufficient to play even Rise of Mankind Mod much less C2C. Sorry but you need a better vid card.

I just upgraded from a ATI Radeon HD4650 with 512MB of DDR2 that up thru v18 had had no problems with C2C. But with the new terrains in v19 it started to have problems. I went to a MSI R6450 with 2GB of DDR3. NewEgg has it for $59.95. There are other makes that are cheaper that will work. But the shader tech must be 2.0+(3.0 and better is recommended) and it doesn't hurt to have 1GB (or more) on board video ram.

I have AMD FX-4100 (3600 Mhz, and 4600 Mhz if overlocked, i tried both), Nvidia GTX 550ti 1024 MB , 4GB memory... While starting a new game, an error occures, that i have not enough video memory, and there is advice to try to reduce grafik settings... But i have already minimum grafik settings, what can i reduce?
Btw, befoure upgrade, i had athlon 64 4400+ and Geforse 4500GT 512 Mb, and i could start a game, and even played up to 20 tourns, though also similar mistake then appeared. But i could create a new game and even play. Now i cannot even this. (all drivers are upddated).

Jwitti
Dec 28, 2011, 04:34 PM
Well, I can't help you due to limited computer knowledge, but welcome to the CFC forums!!!!

xie323
Dec 28, 2011, 05:02 PM
Almost all the schema's in the SVN for version 20 have been changed, thx to AIAndy.

So, when can we expect an update?

JosEPh_II
Dec 28, 2011, 09:24 PM
So, when can we expect an update?

Not till after the New year by a week or 2. Almost all of the "Team" is on Holiday and Strategyonly had a death in the family (his Mother).

@ruslankv,
Have tried the 12-16-2011 .dll patch found in the patch thread? If you are playing the main v19 download and Not the SVN you need that patch. Look for post #94 in the Patch Thread and follow the link. It might help.

Also are you playing in English?

ruslankv
Dec 28, 2011, 11:38 PM
Not till after the New year by a week or 2. Almost all of the "Team" is on Holiday and Strategyonly had a death in the family (his Mother).

@ruslankv,
Have tried the 12-16-2011 .dll patch found in the patch thread? If you are playing the main v19 download and Not the SVN you need that patch. Look for post #94 in the Patch Thread and follow the link. It might help.

Mate it works!!!! Really no errors after installing this dll, and game became to load in memory much faster! Thx very much for help, now i can try this mode )))

JosEPh_II
Dec 29, 2011, 08:47 AM
Glad I could help. :)

JosEPh

ruslankv
Dec 29, 2011, 09:44 AM
I see in task manager, that in game 2 cores of my processor works at once for full power. Does it means that you created two flow of date specially for multicore processors?

Ironmallet
Dec 29, 2011, 01:09 PM

@ruslankv,

Will this fix be included in v20?

ruslankv
Dec 29, 2011, 01:34 PM
BTW, there are still many Memory allocation failures ...

Dancing Hoskuld
Dec 29, 2011, 04:29 PM
Will this fix be included in v20?

The patches are taken from the fixed beta (SVN) versions as is the release version so yes it will be in the next release.

jshetley
Dec 29, 2011, 09:39 PM
I just downloaded this the other night and it is great. Loads up much faster than AND too. I'm having fun with it for sure trying to figure out what to do next. About the only "trouble" I'm having is getting my tail beat by the ai on noble difficulty. I'm miles behind them and am sitting in last place. I'll learn how to play it though. Great job on the mod guys.

draz
Dec 29, 2011, 09:55 PM
What starting era and game speed are you playing with jshetley?

strategyonly
Dec 29, 2011, 11:21 PM
I just downloaded this the other night and it is great. Loads up much faster than AND too. I'm having fun with it for sure trying to figure out what to do next. About the only "trouble" I'm having is getting my tail beat by the ai on noble difficulty. I'm miles behind them and am sitting in last place. I'll learn how to play it though. Great job on the mod guys.

Same here:p. i [play on Noble/Epic, but use Flexible Difficulty also, just incase.

If you think its bad now, wait till you hit the Renaissance Era, you'll really get your butt whipped, no offense. Then the whole vassal thing takes effect and you have like three to four civs coming after you. Your fighting with Grenadiers and they have TANKs:spear::eek:

jshetley
Dec 30, 2011, 08:19 AM
What starting era and game speed are you playing with jshetley?

I started this game in the ancient era by mistake and am playing marathon speed. It would be even worse, but the Mongolians got kicked out by not being in the top 5 leaving me alone on my continant. I think I have 1 or 2 wonders out of about 50 that have been built so far.

west india man
Dec 30, 2011, 10:31 AM
If you have multiple production and research turned on, make sure to queue up a lot of techs and buildings/units/wonders in your cities.

BuddhaRebellion
Dec 30, 2011, 11:13 AM
Big thanks to the whole C2C team. This mod has rekindled my interest in SP Civ4.

Great work.

fox456
Jan 02, 2012, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to say I love this mod -- at least as much of it as I could play. I had to give it up because it kept crashing. But I DO really like all the intricate details and the many added features!

AIAndy
Jan 02, 2012, 03:48 PM
Just wanted to say I love this mod -- at least as much of it as I could play. I had to give it up because it kept crashing. But I DO really like all the intricate details and the many added features!
I recommend using the latest patch linked in this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11129359&postcount=94

It will both fix a CTD issue that can happen quite often and it enables C2C to produce a minidump on a crash. This minidump file which appears on a crash in the folder with your BtS exe can help me find and fix crashes that happen even if they are not reproducable.

fox456
Jan 02, 2012, 08:50 PM
I was really excited to try this patch. I've had a little difficulty "unraring" it. It appears to be the same file I already have in this folder (dated 11/23) rather than the 12/16 date that is specified.

Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets

I must be doing something wrong because the game won't even load up now.

JosEPh_II
Jan 02, 2012, 08:57 PM
Unrar the new .dll outside of the game path. Then remove the .dll in the Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets file. Next copy the unrared .dll file to the Assets folder.

Don't place the unrared .dll in the Assets folder and then unrar there, especially if the old .dll is still there.

JosEPh

fox456
Jan 02, 2012, 09:03 PM
What you described is exactly what I did. I haven't added any other patches to the original mod that I downloaded -- should I have done something else first?

Also, the original dll file and the new one are exactly the same size. That seems odd to me, but maybe it's supposed to be that way.

JosEPh_II
Jan 02, 2012, 09:09 PM
No that should've worked.

Is the Path you posted in your Main Program files ( i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets or in My Documents? This is mine since I have a x64 OS )

If it's in the same path as I posted, try starting an new C2C game. And once the mod starts to load hold down the Shift key until you see the C2C splash screen. This clears the cache to eliminate conflicts between an older and newer version.

JosEPh

fox456
Jan 02, 2012, 09:12 PM
My game's path is:

N:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets

I'll try the Shift key.

EDIT: I'm in now. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know.

EDIT 2: Got a run time error before it finished loading up -- two times now.

strategyonly
Jan 02, 2012, 11:35 PM
EDIT 2: Got a run time error before it finished loading up -- two times now.

What are your specs on your PC, ie: graphics card type, Windows, XP, Vista, 7 etc, all the good info pls.

Aevum
Jan 03, 2012, 01:53 AM
He'll probably need the /3GB switch, i specifically had fricken RUNTIME errors until I activated it. If you google /3gb you'll find easy instructions, assuming your an XP user, i think the vista way is even easier. Otherwise, they'll tell you to reinstall your graphics and check your DirectX, but after all that it was just the /3gb ram switch that fixed it for me.

fox456
Jan 03, 2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm guessing it's a RAM issue. I got the game running and then it crashed after about 45 minutes of game play. I have Windows XP, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 3.2 Ghz Pentium, 2.0 GB of RAM.

I did buy and install some extra RAM (2 GB) and did use the /3GB switch. That's when I found out that XP doesn't even recognize much over 3 GB of RAM. I didn't notice a difference so I removed the RAM.

I am certainly open to suggestions on the best way to improve my system becasue I'm sure that there's others of you who've been through this before. Civilization is my favorite game.

Incidentally, ROM/AND runs very well on this configuration. Is this a much bigger application?

puttincomputers
Jan 03, 2012, 08:12 AM
you would be better off buying a new computer. It would be cheaper than upgrading your antiquated system. They no longer sell PCs with those specs! The cheapest of the new i3 processors have better graphics than your graphics card along with at least twice as much processing power! :)

Aevum
Jan 03, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm guessing it's a RAM issue. I got the game running and then it crashed after about 45 minutes of game play. I have Windows XP, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 3.2 Ghz Pentium, 2.0 GB of RAM.

I did buy and install some extra RAM (2 GB) and did use the /3GB switch. That's when I found out that XP doesn't even recognize much over 3 GB of RAM. I didn't notice a difference so I removed the RAM.

More RAM is always better, there is simply no downfall at all to having 4 gigs of ram in XP. And people are incorrect when they say XP can't recognize it, its about how it is used. Haveing 4 gigs, basically means that XP will give 2 gigs to the user and 2 gigs for the os to work with. Cutting it back down to 2 gigs hurts what civ will have to work with by a lot. The 3GB swtich just shifts the system to using 1 gig, while the user gets 3 gigs, and that helps a lot for civs MAFS and runtime errors. Although i do notice my computer runs everything else better, espcaially multiple items when NOT using the /3gb... so my /3gb switch is my C2C mode of xp lol.
----
Stormwind is correct in the 3.25 ram thing, but since you said you had extra 2 gigs anways might as well use it. But yeah, its not quite as simple as I explained it, but with Pagefiles, and how program adderss RAM it can be very complicated. Hope you get it to work soon! its a great game. Also, the BTS.exe is allowed <3GB address by default, so you won't have to DL the program to fix it, as we used to have to for Warlords, which wasn't.

Stormwind
Jan 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
32bit OSes can't use more than ca 3,25GB RAM. Still better than having only 2GB. The 3GB switch is important though because as Aevum said, it allows programs to use 3GB of memory (and that is RAM + swap file).

fox456
Jan 03, 2012, 03:44 PM
I was guessing that it was a RAM problem. Thanks for your explanations about the 3GB switch. I hadn't heard it explained that easily before.

I had to laugh when I read puttincomputers's advice to get a new computer to replace my antiquated one. He's so right! I've been putting that off for as long as possible. CIV5 was released on my birthday and I knew I shouldn't bother with it because of the system requirements. (But, from what I've heard, it's not all that great anyway -- at least I've been convincing myself of that.)

If I was getting a new computer, do you guys have any suggestions as to the specs it should include? (Other than playing big games like this, my "biggest" application would be video editing projects.)

Again, thanks for your comments. Someday I'll be able to play C2C!

Stormwind
Jan 03, 2012, 05:48 PM
If money isn't that much of an issue I would go with this

Intel i5-2500k
Socket 1155 P67 series chipset mainboard (my preference is Gigabyte/MSI but thats a personal one)
Radeon HD 6870 (if playing newer games like Skyrim, Bf3 and the like, otherwise maybe 6770 or even lower)
4-8GB RAM (RAM is currently very cheap)

And get Windows 7 64bit, especially when going for 8GB RAM.

If you need to look for every penny you can save maybe 100+ $ when going with an AMD Hexa Core and 970 series mainboard.

JosEPh_II
Jan 03, 2012, 05:55 PM
Along with the 3GB/Switch make sure your Video performance settings are set to best performance or Custom, But Not to "let windows...." choice.

If you know where this is I would advise doing it. I would also advise putting the 2GB of ram back in you machine.

If you don't know where to set your video Performance settings right click on My Computer select Properties then when the popup appears select the Advanced tab. 1st subsection is Performance, click settings. This opens Performance Options 1st tab. If it's set on "let windows..." change it to Best performance. Or if you know some of the "Custom" settings you would want choose it and add those settings you might want.

Next click the Advanced tab. 1st 2 sections choose Programs. 3rd section is Virtual memory and where you set your paging file size. Check what size is allocated for the paging file. If you have put the other 2GB of ram back in your system you would want this paging file size to be at least 2048MB and probably max at 4096MB.

The bigger the paging file the less ram is hogged by windows and the game.

When C2C was 1st introduced I was using my old system, Win XP Pro 32bit with a P4 2.8ghz with 1.5GB of ram and a 128MB video card with shader 2.0. But I soon built a new computer with Win XP Pro 64bit with a Dual Core IBM E7400 chipset on a sata Gigabyte Mobo and 8GB of DDR2 1066Mhz ram and a a ATI Radeon HD4650 with 512MB DDR2 on board ram. I have since upgraded the vid card to a HD 6450 with 2GB of DDR3 on board ram. I started to get graphics glitches on v18.

Hope some of this info is useful for you.

Jwitti
Jan 03, 2012, 08:08 PM
Big thanksx for that dll, I can now run standard with revolutions just fine :D

fox456
Jan 03, 2012, 08:44 PM
Excellent, detailed information. Thanks Stormwind and Joseph. You guys have been great at helping me out!

JosEPh_II
Jan 03, 2012, 09:28 PM
You're quite Welcome. :)

JosEPh

alb22
Jan 04, 2012, 02:53 PM
I just changed from Subsidized to Paradise (no other civic changed) and in a single turn the corporations in half of the cities have ceased operation.

Does Paradise have a special modifier for corporations?

EldrinFal
Jan 04, 2012, 06:40 PM
I just changed from Subsidized to Paradise (no other civic changed) and in a single turn the corporations in half of the cities have ceased operation.

Does Paradise have a special modifier for corporations?

Nope. Neither of those have any modifiers in the Civics XML for Corporations.

Jwitti
Jan 04, 2012, 07:11 PM
Subsidized does, right? That is, subsidized does something for corporations

wolfman1234
Jan 05, 2012, 07:35 AM
I have a question about founding cities. With the perfectworld_2f map, I could only found a city with a tribe in a single spot. With my second tribe i cant find any suitable spot. Is this intended?

AIAndy
Jan 05, 2012, 08:08 AM
I have a question about founding cities. With the perfectworld_2f map, I could only found a city with a tribe in a single spot. With my second tribe i cant find any suitable spot. Is this intended?
No, that should not happen unless useful plots are very rare on the generated map compared to the amount of civs (although it does not check other spots than the actual starting spot in a detailed manner so if a lot of semi-useful plots are around there is a chance for that to occur as it only checks sums of plot values in the area).

wolfman1234
Jan 05, 2012, 08:11 AM
It´s a gigantic map with 28 civs. I am near a desert and a lot of scrub terrain, but there are some rivers. The only suitable spot, where i founded my second city is beside a river.

AIAndy
Jan 05, 2012, 08:18 AM
It´s a gigantic map with 28 civs. I am near a desert and a lot of scrub terrain, but there are some rivers. The only suitable spot, where i founded my second city is beside a river.
Hmm, I assume the next civ is quite a distance away?

wolfman1234
Jan 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Yes, and the other 6 or 7 civs i have found have 3-4 cities.

Also, i am playing the svn version updated yesterday.

alb22
Jan 05, 2012, 12:11 PM
Nope. Neither of those have any modifiers in the Civics XML for Corporations.

Thanks, after you mentioned xml I also took a look into the file - must be my not up to date version:
Subsidized: <iRealCorporationMaintenanceModifier>-110</iRealCorporationMaintenanceModifier>
Paradise: nothing

Now I see why switching makes corporations :gripe:!
Getting into SVN now..

wolfman1234
Jan 05, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hmm, I assume the next civ is quite a distance away?

Forget it, seems the limitation was only for the second city.

dima1980
Jan 05, 2012, 03:02 PM
Are there any plans in the future multithreaded optimization mode?
Game use only 2 cores of mine 8....

EldrinFal
Jan 05, 2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks, after you mentioned xml I also took a look into the file - must be my not up to date version:
Subsidized: <iRealCorporationMaintenanceModifier>-110</iRealCorporationMaintenanceModifier>
Paradise: nothing

Now I see why switching makes corporations :gripe:!
Getting into SVN now..

That is quite a large modifier! -110% ?! Must be a very old version or ... geez I'm not sure where that came from. :crazyeye:

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 06, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hi StrategyOnly,

I was wondering if there was a way to contact u through a PM? As I would like to discuss something for youtube and my LP of this. This mod is a great mod and introduces so many new things that I was hoping for in civ IV thank you ^_^

strategyonly
Jan 06, 2012, 06:20 AM
Hi StrategyOnly,

I was wondering if there was a way to contact u through a PM? As I would like to discuss something for youtube and my LP of this. This mod is a great mod and introduces so many new things that I was hoping for in civ IV thank you ^_^

If you want to contact by PM, you have to have your options open in "your" private message area also.:)

btw Welcome to CFC.

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 06, 2012, 07:04 AM
Thank you very much Strategy ^_^ But for some reason I cannot change my private messages section as of yet :(.

Flinx
Jan 06, 2012, 07:36 AM
From the forum rules:

New member Restrictions
Newly registered members may not use the private messaging system .... until they have been members for 5 days AND have at least 5 posts.

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 06, 2012, 07:38 AM
Thank you very much flinx ^_^ I guess I should spam at least 5 posts before 5 days :P

Civmatrix
Jan 07, 2012, 09:19 AM
The mod is great. It use to work in multi player lan but since version 15 or so it goes out of synch forcing me to play Hotseat to get it to work.

How about some dinosaurs to go with prehistoric? And why is piracy a requirement for naval warfare in v19?

I have been playing v17 though waiting for v20 I think to iron a few things out. Very nice mod though overall.

Jwitti
Jan 07, 2012, 09:22 AM
Pirates have everything to do with seafaring and naval warfare.

AIAndy
Jan 07, 2012, 09:40 AM
The mod is great. It use to work in multi player lan but since version 15 or so it goes out of synch forcing me to play Hotseat to get it to work.
Activate logging (especially random logging) and provide me the logs of all players from the Logs folder and the OoS log which usually is put into the same folder as the BtS exe.
That way I can work on fixing the OoS like the SVN version has a fix to an OoS problem that happens pretty much always in the first turns of a new MP game.

strijder20
Jan 07, 2012, 10:14 AM
How about some dinosaurs to go with prehistoric?

Not really realistic, considering dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago while the first primates appeared 10 million years ago ;)

puttincomputers
Jan 07, 2012, 12:06 PM
Not really realistic, considering dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago while the first primates appeared 10 million years ago ;)

That is a theory that I believe has already been proven false!

AIAndy
Jan 07, 2012, 12:34 PM
Which theory are you refering to?
Avian dinosaurs being still alive (birds)?
Primitive versions of primates likely existing before the mass extinction event?

Hydromancerx
Jan 07, 2012, 01:31 PM
How about some dinosaurs to go with prehistoric?

I hope you are kidding. Dinosaurs and people did not live at the same time. Despite what countless movies and TV shows like the Flintstones tell you.

I hope you don't mean the "The Paluxy River ‘footprints (http://www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=178)’". The so-called "human prints" are just badly eroded therapod prints. Plus some of them are just plain man made fakes.

little_cyclone
Jan 07, 2012, 02:55 PM

Still, maybe it could be something to be considered for the 'alternate timelines' section..

Jwitti
Jan 07, 2012, 03:10 PM
:agree: Also a random event that creates them in the modern or transhuman eras.. like Jurassic Park

rightfuture
Jan 07, 2012, 03:25 PM
West of Eden is a 1984 science fiction novel by American writer Harry Harrison. I've read it. It's actually a small series. I like the story.

In the parallel universe of this novel, Earth was not struck by an asteroid 65 million years before the present. Consequently, the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event which wiped out the dinosaurs and other reptiles never happened, leaving the way clear for an intelligent species to eventually evolve from the mosasaur, a species of reptile related to the modern monitor lizards. This relationship would mean that the intelligent species are not dinosaurs but lizard-people.

The lizard-people are known as the Yilané, and are the dominant life form on most of the planet. However, during the evolutionary process, the species became non-viable on the two American continents, leaving them free of Yilané for millions of years and opening an ecological niche for a top predator. A human-like species, the Tanu, evolved to fill the niche in North America, but are only found on that continent. By the time the novel begins, the humanoids have reached a late stone age level of technology and culture, with a number of societies having developed farming skills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Eden
It is an interesting What-if scenario to explore.

There are lot of alternate earth or dinosaur and human science fiction stories out there.
I really like the ideas of Jurassic Park as optional genetic engineering alternate timeline play.
Heck we're trying to bring back a mammoth right now.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8257223/Mammoth-could-be-reborn-in-four-years.html

Yeah, the dinosaurs existing with humans is creationist-crazy inspired religious ignorant nonsense. But could be a lot of fun to play with:)

Hydromancerx
Jan 07, 2012, 03:43 PM
@rightfuture

They had marine reptiles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosasaur) become sapient/sentient ? Weird! However monitor lizards and related species such as the goanna are said to be the most mammal-like of all reptiles. And some are very intelligent.

At any rate we already have posts about Jurassic Park like dino units in the biotech alternative timeline thread and I already brought up my favorite alternative timelines involving humans and dinosaurs where the KT extinction was not as bad and only some dinosaurs died out rather than all of them.

Ironmallet
Jan 07, 2012, 06:25 PM
This probably is a pointless question, but by which version do you guys think the mod will be more or less complete? v25? v30?

rightfuture
Jan 07, 2012, 06:29 PM
This probably is a pointless question, but by which version do you guys think the mod will be more or less complete? v25? v30?

As long as it keeps getting improved, I hope for as long as possible:)

NFSlugger13
Jan 07, 2012, 10:37 PM

I had the same question. The mod looks great and has tons of wonderful ideas, but it's always nice to have a version that's more or less complete -- that is, balanced, documented, and free of significant errors/performance issues.

I'm currently playing RoM 2.92, and it's wonderful. The biggest problem with it is the fact that it was left unfinished (incomplete Civilopedia entries, extreme memory usage, slight tech/unit imbalances, etc.). Thankfully, it's pretty easy to edit so I did some modding of my own.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to see such an awesome effort go without some closure. So many other outstanding mods (for Civ, Fallout 1/2, Jagged Alliance 2, and more) continually add new ideas without ever establishing a stable product.

No matter what happens with C2C in the future, I'm quite eager to try v20. Thanks for the hard work.

Hydromancerx
Jan 07, 2012, 11:16 PM

Well since in general we produce 1 version per-month. V20 will be this month which means v25 will be sometime around June. And then v30 would be sometime around November for v30. So I would say, no it will not be finished. If its anything like last year we still have a long ways to go. Some big things I want to do this year is the Galactic Era and Alternate Timelines. Prehistoric Era took months to make and even longer to test and tweak.

In fact nothing is totally set in stone for C2C. For instance there is talk of adding a nomad feature to early game which could drastically change the way you play the prehistoric era.

However we have accomplished last year ranging from a ton of new units, buildings a techs to new terrain, resources and even new random events. The subdue animals features have gone through a golden age and the culture system is completely different now.

Then there is the fact that we went from working on a sub-forum of RoM/AND to getting our own and thus more players (and team members) joined. We even got featured on YouTube with Quill's "Let's Play" series that got us lots of new players.

We are still not the most well known Civ4 mod but I would say we are one of the most innovate and active ones out there now. We have great modders doing great things and players who really want to give feedback and make the mod better. Their praise is what keeps us going.

So thanks to everyone involved with C2C. This year will be even better than the last. I just know it! :goodjob:

strategyonly
Jan 08, 2012, 06:27 AM
We are still not the most well known Civ4 mod but I would say we are one of the most innovate and active ones out there now. We have great modders doing great things and players who really want to give feedback and make the mod better. Their praise is what keeps us going.

So thanks to everyone involved with C2C. This year will be even better than the last. I just know it! :goodjob:

I couldn't have said it better:goodjob:

Civmatrix
Jan 08, 2012, 08:00 AM

Dont think thats accurate.

Id rather be eaten by a T-Rex than a deer.

Civmatrix
Jan 08, 2012, 08:02 AM
Activate logging (especially random logging) and provide me the logs of all players from the Logs folder and the OoS log which usually is put into the same folder as the BtS exe.
That way I can work on fixing the OoS like the SVN version has a fix to an OoS problem that happens pretty much always in the first turns of a new MP game.

OK I sold my second pc a little while ago to get some cash. But Ill be getting a second PC again during tax season. And I will certainly do that.

Civmatrix
Jan 08, 2012, 08:27 AM
Pirates have everything to do with seafaring and naval warfare.

I don't agree entirely. Pirates defiantly had an impact on seafaring but not a pre requisite to having the ability to conduct naval warfare. I would say rather sea based trade gave one experience at the seas. And sea based trade led to piracy. But did nations need pirates to conduct naval warfare against other nations? Perhaps they also needed ships to defend against piracy but not necessarily the primary reason for having naval warfare ability. Countries conducted naval warfare for political reasons. Look at Rome and Carthange and other various examples.

Jwitti
Jan 08, 2012, 09:57 AM
Oh well.. How's the culture-resource-thing-conversion doing?

Ironmallet
Jan 08, 2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah, Quill's "Let's Play" indeed got me into this mod. C2C is hands-down the best mod I've ever tried in Civ4 and perhaps the best of any game period. It would be very nice indeed to see it reach at least some level of completion cause it's still a bit rough around the edges when it comes to stability and later eras.

Jwitti
Jan 08, 2012, 01:53 PM
Perhaps standardizing the dll that I got from I think Joseph

Hydromancerx
Jan 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
Oh well.. How's the culture-resource-thing-conversion doing?

Well we have around 80 culture resources now. The 20 newest ones are incomplete at the moment. While you can made their wonder they do not have their Unique Units yet. However some already have heroes. We are still tweaking things as we go. For instance the German Wonder was moved later now that we have more appropriate barbaric civs in their place. Also some of the resource requirements have been tweaked for either new resources that better fit or for new civs that better fit a resource. Such as Cows for Minoans instead of the Spanish.

Jwitti
Jan 08, 2012, 02:24 PM
So the plan is to make it so that a wonder, requiring Culture [region] and a resource and a terrain in the city vicinity, give the culture [nation] resource and then the units require that resource? ie Wonder Culture [Persia] requires Culture [Middle East] and resouce/terrain combo and Immortals require the resource Culture [Persia] which is provided by the wonder Culture [Persia]
Right?

Hydromancerx
Jan 08, 2012, 04:31 PM
So the plan is to make it so that a wonder, requiring Culture [region] and a resource and a terrain in the city vicinity, give the culture [nation] resource and then the units require that resource? ie Wonder Culture [Persia] requires Culture [Middle East] and resouce/terrain combo and Immortals require the resource Culture [Persia] which is provided by the wonder Culture [Persia]
Right?

Yep. Also some building require culture resources. Such as the "Bayra" requires Culture [Khmer] OR Culture [Siamese].

In addition since they resources one could trade for a culture resource without actually owning the wonder. Lets say Isabella built the French Wonder and now has Culture [French]. Then trades it to Montezuma, which as Native Culture (American) for its home region. Monty also happen to have forest, tundra and furs nearby one of their cities. Thus allowing them to build the Canadian Wonder in that city, now that they obtained Culture [French].

stanf22
Jan 09, 2012, 05:30 AM
Why is it so hard to D/L this? Atomic Gamer is not working for me for some reason and the link to the torrent doesn't work either.

Hydromancerx
Jan 09, 2012, 06:28 AM
You could always use the SVN (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429816).

littleotter69
Jan 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
@littleotter69,

@Joeseph I don't know if the card does have the 2.0 shader like you have mentioned,how does one find out if it does have this?
I can play the C2C for a couple of turns then it goes to the desktop 8bit,usually I have to restart to get it back,any more tips on how I can play this C2C? Thanks for time

Littleotter69

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 09, 2012, 08:37 PM
Quill's Let's Play of this mod also got me here and also convinced me to do my own Let's Play of this mod ....... A LOT longer than Quill's LP of this :P.

But so far this mod is perfectly fine by me, and I would like to see new developments. I would like to see something happen for the EARLY game prehistoric time, it is almost impossible to scout untill u get actual scouts - Wanderers are pretty useless and get killed by almost anything, also Neanderthals appear too regularly now.

But all in all still a great mod and cant wait to see wat more happens :P:goodjob:

JosEPh_II
Jan 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
@Joeseph I don't know if the card does have the 2.0 shader like you have mentioned,how does one find out if it does have this?
I can play the C2C for a couple of turns then it goes to the desktop 8bit,usually I have to restart to get it back,any more tips on how I can play this C2C? Thanks for time

Littleotter69

Generally you will need to go to the Manufacture's site and Search for your card and then check out it's specs. You can also then check to see if you have the latest drivers for that card. Have you updated your drivers in the last 6 months?

littleotter69
Jan 11, 2012, 01:33 PM
2Joeseph II,yes we have went to the Nvida Website and downloaded the latest drivers for the card,this past November to be exact.
Now I am being asked by Windows to "please reduce graphics" on the card,while in the same window I get this;\main\civ4\sdks\gamebryo2_0\corelibs nidx9renderer\nidx9vbmanager.cpp,line 1019
I have tried reducing the graphics on the card and i get that message,Then when i do it crashes to the desktop to 8Bit graphics,which I usually have to restart the comp. and try something else.
I appreciate any help u or the original designers can do.
Littleotter69

gggguilherme
Jan 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
i really really loved this mod, what i have seen in civpedia and read about in the thread, but i cannot play it, when its loading in the play now screen, after i choose my empire and everything, an alert appears saying a microsoft c++ runtime library error and then the game close, i already have tried to update that runtime library but it still happens the same error, i don't know what to do! plz help
sorry for my poor english and thank you all

JosEPh_II
Jan 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
@littleotter69

Re install the DirectX that comes with the BtS CD.

@gggguilherme
Instead of Play Now choose Custom Game and see if it will start.

JosEPh

gggguilherme
Jan 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
@JosEPh_11
it doesnt worked :/ but thank you anyway

Jwitti
Jan 11, 2012, 08:36 PM
you could always internet search 'c++ runtime error'
The internet is pretty knowledgable on that sort of thing...

Aevum
Jan 11, 2012, 11:01 PM
Actually, the internet was compeltely uselss when I had the c++ runtime error, it had me reinstall civ, reinstal graphics drivers... all worthless. in the end it was a combination of:

the /3GB swtich for the game to start, and
AIAndys' CvGameCoreDLL.dll located in the last page of the PATCHES thread.
With those two I it worked... so grab that DLL and read the cosmos main thread for /3gb instructions.

AIAndy
Jan 12, 2012, 02:28 AM
AIAndys' CvGameCoreDLL.dll located in the last page of the PATCHES thread.
With those two I it worked... so grab that DLL and read the cosmos main thread for /3gb instructions.
The V19 patch DLL is now also linked at the end of the first post of the patch thread.

Civmatrix
Jan 12, 2012, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=Hydromancerx;11174760]I hope you are kidding. Dinosaurs and people did not live at the same time. Despite what countless movies and TV shows like the Flintstones tell you.

Here is a link to them finding a 4.4 million old Hominid skull.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33110809/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/worlds-oldest-human-linked-skeleton-found/#.Tw7-U_Ljv-E

Its still debatable how old some things are and who lived when.

There other different opinions about carbon dating and why also caveman paint pictures of dinosaurs etc ? How did they know what they looked like before they were even unearthed? We are only guessing about the past. We really don't know just like how every time science discovers something new about the universe or the past on earth it changes our theories because a lot of theory is based on guesswork.

Regardless I think it would be fun to have a few dinosaurs anyways :P

AIAndy
Jan 12, 2012, 10:27 AM
I hope you are kidding. Dinosaurs and people did not live at the same time. Despite what countless movies and TV shows like the Flintstones tell you.

Most if not all non-avian dinosaurs died during the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event 65.5 million years ago and the discussion about some survivors were at most 1 million years later so it is highly unlikely that there have been any dinosaurs alive for at least 60 million years before that Hominid skull. That is a LOT of time.
The primates that lived back then are both our ancestors but also the ancestors of lemures so not very similar to nowadays humans.

rightfuture
Jan 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
@Civmatrix
I'm sure someone will work in an alternate solution to dinosaurs, once the alternate timelines are fleshed out. Many of us like playing WhatIf's type scenarios.
If you have ideas you can always suggest them; there are a lot of books with ideas in them. list them in the alternate timelines thread, and I'm sure they will get reviewed :)

alternate timelines
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=439662

They have a plan to get to it.

gggguilherme
Jan 12, 2012, 04:51 PM
the dll worked!!! many thanks Aevum!!!

Hydromancerx
Jan 12, 2012, 06:19 PM

The KT extinction of the dinosaurs was 65.5 million years ago, which is LONG before Ardipithecus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardipithecus) evolved.

littleotter69
Jan 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
Help!!!! My dad bought Radeon HD 4550 1GB GDDR2,his motherboard is a K9N4 SLI Series ATX Mainboard,when he tried to install the graphic card it wouldn't go,he put the install disk in and did all that was required from the disk,it still wouldn't do it,it kept trying to install audio drivers when none was needed.
Does anyone know if his motherboard is compatible with the card or does he need a new motherboard?
Also @Joseph~the directX files say there is 9.c on the comp.,should there be a higher DirectX for the C2C?
Thanks for ur time. Littleotter

millernewcastle
Jan 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hey I have installed Beyond the sword version 3.17
and have put the C2C mod in my Beyond the sword mod folder
When I load BTS I see the mod in the list but when i try to load the mod it drops outta Civ 4 and nothing happens.

any ideas? :confused:

RulerOfNothing
Jan 13, 2012, 10:44 PM
Hey I have installed Beyond the sword version 3.17
and have put the C2C mod in my Beyond the sword mod folder
When I load BTS I see the mod in the list but when i try to load the mod it drops outta Civ 4 and nothing happens.

any ideas? :confused:

You need Beyond the Sword version 3.19.

JosEPh_II
Jan 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
@littleo,
Did the card seat fully into the Mobo? And is the tabs on the card matching the slot on the mobo? Is the K9N4 PCI Express or AGP?
If I recall correctly 9.0c is the BtS version but the it never hurts to re install from the disc. The BtS version had some extras.

@millernew,
C2C requires BtS Patch 3.19 not 3.17. Update your official BtS patch. Don't use the in game updater as it's not reliable. D/L the 3.19 patch from this site and install manually.

Civmatrix
Jan 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
The Battering Ram crashes the game when I put it on auto promote. It has happened every time in this v19 game I am playing.

AIAndy
Jan 14, 2012, 06:39 AM
The Battering Ram crashes the game when I put it on auto promote. It has happened every time in this v19 game I am playing.
If you use the patch DLL, please post the minidump.

Koshling
Jan 14, 2012, 08:33 AM

Or a save game in which end-turn crashes due to this...

Civmatrix
Jan 16, 2012, 07:45 AM

Where is the mini dump? and I do have the patch DLL. The battering ram unit was fortified and I when I go to say auto promote I get a CTD.

Founding Religion Bug

Also I found that When you have the option on in selecting a founded a religion I have to hit enter a whole time of times to get the pop up screen to close when founding a religion. I also have limited religions selected. This happens every time on the hotseat game I have going.

Too Many Buildings - Clutter

I like all the effort in all the buildings but its impossible to build them all and after a while you have to look through a ton of clutter to find the building I want. I play on epic so maybe on a longer game mode it might work out differently. But Epic is about as long of a game mode Ill ever play. Maybe this mod can go back to making more buildings civ specific and or also reduce the redundant buildings/things and keep the best ones and have a building/ item represent more instead of having a bunch of ones that add up to the same thing anyways.

Dinos

As for Dinasours well... science can genetically regrow some prehistoric plant seeds. I have seen it in a Dino museum in Alberta. How about the same lines of genetic engineering. Or in prehistoric time one of those shaman religions can summon one. Or one could stumble upon an event after mining something. Those are a couple of ideas.

BlueGenie
Jan 16, 2012, 08:27 AM
Civmatrix; You do know that C2C is geared towards longer game speeds?
Snail and Eternity are prime and all buildings and everything else is set up with that in mind.
I certainly hope that the Team won't reduce the amount of buildings in the game or I'd end up with not being able to build anything in my Eternity games.

Cheers

JosEPh_II
Jan 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
BG,
I play on Epic almost all the time. The Mod plays just fine on that speed too. The Team likes the longer game times but have spent effort on making Epic and marathon playable too.

@Civmatix,
The minidump file will be in the main BtS directory. Zip or rar it and upload to V19 Crash thread. Also tell what version of v19 it is to help AIAndy decipher it. This Mod Is about multiple choices and multiple paths. What may seem to be "clutter" does have a purpose. And to be frank this is a Micromanage Mod not a Macro.

Civmatrix
Jan 16, 2012, 08:42 AM
So why do some games I can build stables and trainers to get horse units and some games I cant, and yes I have all the techs and resources for it. Of all the things this one is the most perplexing.

tebriz
Jan 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
First of all thank you very much for this awesome mod. But i have found something that is very annoying (the same problem was in RoM2, and it was not fixed)
It is about random seed - as an ideea it has to preserve random seed - which means you can reload game as many times as you want, but the results of battles and etc. must be identical. However it is not happening this way, when I reload a game from save and continue my game (with every move absolutely identical) the results are different. It is kinda annoying, can it be fixed? I think Revolutions cause this..... Thank you in advance.

JosEPh_II
Jan 16, 2012, 08:51 AM
You can Only build Horse units in the city that has the resource, with 2 exceptions.
1. the National Horse Breeder Wonder allows you to build in a city that does Not does not have the resource. But just 1 city can build the Wonder and you have to have 1 horse resource somewhere in your empie.
2. If you Found the Tengri Religion and you have at least 1 horse resource, then you can build Horse units in other cities. Once the city has the religion And you build the Tengri Horse trainer bldg And then Horse Trainer bldg.

Minidump file is in the Main BtS directory where the .exe is. Zip or rar and upload. Also tell what version of v19 it is.

JosEPh

AIAndy
Jan 16, 2012, 09:17 AM
First of all thank you very much for this awesome mod. But i have found something that is very annoying (the same problem was in RoM2, and it was not fixed)
It is about random seed - as an ideea it has to preserve random seed - which means you can reload game as many times as you want, but the results of battles and etc. must be identical. However it is not happening this way, when I reload a game from save and continue my game (with every move absolutely identical) the results are different. It is kinda annoying, can it be fixed? I think Revolutions cause this..... Thank you in advance.
There is a game option that by default keeps the random seed when you reload.
Is it set to new seed on loading for you?
If not, then does the reloading change the outcome once and then keeps the same outcome or does it change every time you load the same savegame?

tebriz
Jan 16, 2012, 11:27 AM
If not, then does the reloading change the outcome once and then keeps the same outcome or does it change every time you load the same savegame?

No, it was the first thing to check for me, the problem is not from there. (I mean it is not set for new seed on loading, that option is on off). It changes the outcome every time you load the same savegame. I wonder how nobody has noticed this problem since now

tebriz
Jan 16, 2012, 12:49 PM

I have discussed the same problem here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/archive/index.php/t-371638.html

dj.chair
Jan 16, 2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the work you've put into this. I am running into an issue, and it doesn't appear anyone else has posted on this. My apologies if this is the wrong thread.

I just installed BtS via Steam (no other versions of Civ on my machine) and exported the game to the correct folder. I go to Advanced, and I see the Caveman2Cosmos option available under the Mod list, and when I select it the game drops and relaunches with the new mod information. However, when I try to begin a new game, while it says Caveman2Cosmos, it's just plain Vanilla BtS.

Has anyone run into this? I've tried moving the C2C files into a separate mod folder (program files vs documents and settings) without any luck. I'm running Windows XP SP3; for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance.

Rasma
Jan 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
I am using the steam version and I have not had this problem

dj.chair
Jan 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
I am using the steam version and I have not had this problem

Okay, now do you only have BtS installed? Or do you have Civ 4, as well? And, what about Warlord? I'm wondering if there are any dependencies that I'm unaware of.

JosEPh_II
Jan 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Is your Steam version parched to the Official 3.19 patch? Has to be 3.19 or C2C won't work.

dj.chair
Jan 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
Is your Steam version parched to the Official 3.19 patch? Has to be 3.19 or C2C won't work.

Oh yeah, most certainly. That was the first thing I checked on. There's another user who apparently ran into this @ reddit, but I don't know what ever became of that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/m5zq3/so_i_need_some_help_installing_a_mod/

Rasma
Jan 17, 2012, 12:39 AM
I have only bts installed, I don't play vanilla or the less good expansion.

AIAndy
Jan 17, 2012, 03:01 AM

With Steam you always get the most recent version (I don't think you can even get older versions even if you wanted).

@dj.chair: Do you have English selected as language?

AdrianoBrasil
Jan 17, 2012, 06:04 AM
Excelent Mod I hope you creat new things if is possible....I see litle wrongs I wait you fix, The Unit Exclusive of culture of Brazil have problem (the unit has a horse) he is fling and the other the unite monted in Bufallo has the aparence of the game Fall from Heaven II you can change this to an unit especifc of the coutry.... its only an sugestion!!! Thanks for creat this great mod, I hope this information help you!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for my bad english !!!!!!!!! Good Work Guys !!!!

dj.chair
Jan 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
With Steam you always get the most recent version (I don't think you can even get older versions even if you wanted).

@dj.chair: Do you have English selected as language?

Hi, yes, I do have English selected (for both the game and the OS language) I've included a screenshot of what the custom single player game screen looks like (I've added emphasis)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2584/2012011700001.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/2012011700001.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Stormwind
Jan 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hi, yes, I do have English selected (for both the game and the OS language) I've included a screenshot of what the custom single player game screen looks like (I've added emphasis)

Did you get any errors when copying the game into BtS/Mods folder ? With the added length of the steam path the limit how long a path can be may be reached. Had this with a buddy whose Gold Edition landed somehow in his userdirectory and everytime when copying C2C he got an error when long paths were involved.

Try loading C2C directly without going into BtS first. To do this either copy the C2C link in the main C2C folder to the desktop and point to the right exe or right click "civ4beyondsword.exe" -> send to desktop -> properties of the link and add after the quotation mark ' mod=\Caveman2Cosmos' without the '.
Additionally check your mod directory is in fact named Caveman2Cosmos and not C2C.

AIAndy
Jan 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
Is the file/folder structure correct?
Meaning Caveman2Cosmos folder in Mods folder and the Assets, PrivateMaps, ... folders directly in the Caveman2Cosmos folder (not Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets).
Apart from that you could try clearing the cache to make sure it actually loads the files.

dj.chair
Jan 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
Is the file/folder structure correct?
Meaning Caveman2Cosmos folder in Mods folder and the Assets, PrivateMaps, ... folders directly in the Caveman2Cosmos folder (not Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets).
Apart from that you could try clearing the cache to make sure it actually loads the files.

Wow... that deserves a face palm. Thanks for pointing that out AIAndy, I can't believe I made such a dumb mistake.:blush:

Sgtslick
Jan 18, 2012, 07:32 AM
I got the +50% golden age wonder today and had a few cultures, so I could build hero units that give the achievements. Boy oh boy was that some hardcore ownage. I had a perpetual golden age for about 100 turns on marathon, was quite nice to say the least lol

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 18, 2012, 12:03 PM
I got the +50% golden age wonder today and had a few cultures, so I could build hero units that give the achievements. Boy oh boy was that some hardcore ownage. I had a perpetual golden age for about 100 turns on marathon, was quite nice to say the least lol

The achievements no longer give golden ages. In v20 that is.

littleotter69
Jan 18, 2012, 12:04 PM
@Joeseph~the Motherboard is a PCI Express~yes when he installed the 1G Card on the motherboard it fit in the slots.
I went to the Cards support website and have looked at the "tools" there,he will think about installing the BTS 9c,do you think the DirectX 10 would be better?
Thank you for thoughts in this matter.
Littleotter

tebriz
Jan 18, 2012, 12:43 PM
The achievements no longer give golden ages. In v20 that is.

v20?? Where is it? Is it already ready?

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 18, 2012, 01:09 PM
v20?? Where is it? Is it already ready?

It is in final test, due out next week.

Jwitti
Jan 18, 2012, 03:25 PM
no :'(
I do this all the time I need to pay more attention...

wolfman1234
Jan 20, 2012, 05:11 AM
So why do some games I can build stables and trainers to get horse units and some games I cant, and yes I have all the techs and resources for it. Of all the things this one is the most perplexing.

Not sure, but i think you need ceartain resources NEAR the city for building some buildings.

Civmatrix
Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
Not sure, but i think you need ceartain resources NEAR the city for building some buildings.

I think I know what I was doing wrongs with the horses

Civmatrix
Jan 20, 2012, 11:43 AM
You can Only build Horse units in the city that has the resource, with 2 exceptions.
1. the National Horse Breeder Wonder allows you to build in a city that does Not does not have the resource. But just 1 city can build the Wonder and you have to have 1 horse resource somewhere in your empie.
2. If you Found the Tengri Religion and you have at least 1 horse resource, then you can build Horse units in other cities. Once the city has the religion And you build the Tengri Horse trainer bldg And then Horse Trainer bldg.

Minidump file is in the Main BtS directory where the .exe is. Zip or rar and upload. Also tell what version of v19 it is.

JosEPh

ok thanks

Civmatrix
Jan 20, 2012, 11:50 AM
I was wondering if you guys could add Canada?

two main bugs in V19 are

WALLS:

In a HOTSEAT game on TEAMS when one person builds Hadrian walls the other player loses the wall graphics around the city. And in another game I noticed also when going to Tall walls the wall graphics will vanish even though my teammates walls graphics where fin. Kind of bizarre bug. The cultures that lost the wall graphics were Australia and Native America

UPDATE: ITS DEFIANTLY THE HADRIAN WALL. When I delete the city with the wonder in multiplayer as a test my team mates wall graphics reappear/.

FOUNDING SELECTING RELIGIONS

As I mentioned when selecting on limited religions after picking the religion to found you have to hit enter a ton of times to get the popup to go away.

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Just if anyone doesnt already realise but I have and am currently uploading an LP of this mod on my youtube, under the same name as my name on here. If u would like to watch it go ahead but be warned it is a REALLY LONG series :P at least 180+ eps lol

Anyways 5 posts now woot now I can PM strat :P

Thankies everyone

IdioticUlt1mara

strategyonly
Jan 23, 2012, 01:29 PM

I'll give a shot for v21, hows that:)? But no guarantees.

Civmatrix
Jan 23, 2012, 04:22 PM

Sounds good eh! Maybe some hockey to boot :)

Hydromancerx
Jan 24, 2012, 01:57 AM
Yay new music! :dance:

Now I have trouble starting up a game since I want to listen to the song. :p

Wodan
Jan 24, 2012, 06:07 AM

Make sure you include their warships (http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml).

Hydromancerx
Jan 24, 2012, 06:34 AM
Make sure you include their warships (http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml).

The included civs don't have unique units anymore. All cultures are now wonders and have 1 chosen unique unit. Canadian culture has the Mountie, which is already in the game.

VineFynn
Jan 24, 2012, 06:50 AM
Don't think anybody cares, but I reproduced my demo of the mod on Youtube with the newest version and added in depth annotations.
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VmHdU4k1Zc&
The original demo has gotten upwards of 2000 views.

strategyonly
Jan 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
Update: Version 20, 6:30 P.M.

Hydromancerx
Jan 24, 2012, 07:48 PM

Yay! This is a big accomplishment you guys! WOOT!! :goodjob:

Nor'easter
Jan 24, 2012, 10:32 PM

Does the new version install over the previous one or should we delete the previous version before installing Version 20? Thanks.

strategyonly
Jan 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
Does the new version install over the previous one or should we delete the previous version before installing Version 20? Thanks.

Pls delete ANY old version, then cut/paste version 20 to the mods folder, thx.:)

dima1980
Jan 25, 2012, 12:41 AM
Torrent link for v20

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:MHCWGJDUXT75RNWPB2YRJHVVY2BWIM PP

Jozef
Jan 25, 2012, 01:57 AM
As I noticed, in C2C mod is used version 0.84b, while the current available version of Better BTS AI is 1.01. And it is suppose to be much better then 0.84b.

So the question is - is it possible to merge the newer version with C2C?

hajlektalan
Jan 25, 2012, 03:21 AM
:thanx: perfect birthday gift :lol:

Gregori
Jan 25, 2012, 05:26 AM
Guys thanks a lot for your dedication and passion towards the greatest mod of all times for civ iv ))
Using the mod since version 7

But I've got a question here. In my current game, I've been playing with 15 civs starting with version 18. I've upgraded my game through version 19, and now I did the same for version 20.

I had Israel as a civ, and now it seems it's is is removed, and in my game it has been substituted with America. I already have America in the game. Would it cause any problems?

nd also, I wonder- should I start the new game, because I am a bit worried that I might miss some resources that might have been used by new version ON MAP? Because after all map has been generated in version 18.... Are there any new Rsourses placed on land that might be missing in my game?

Big thanks modders!

strategyonly
Jan 25, 2012, 06:58 AM
Guys thanks a lot for your dedication and passion towards the greatest mod of all times for civ iv ))
Using the mod since version 7

But I've got a question here. In my current game, I've been playing with 15 civs starting with version 18. I've upgraded my game through version 19, and now I did the same for version 20.

I had Israel as a civ, and now it seems it's is is removed, and in my game it has been substituted with America. I already have America in the game. Would it cause any problems?

And also, I wonder- should I start the new game, because I am a bit worried that I might miss some resources that might have been used by new version ON MAP? Because after all map has been generated in version 18.... Are there any new Resources placed on land that might be missing in my game?

Big thanks modders!

Do you still have a copy of the v19 that has Israel civ? If so all you need to do is cut and paste it in the modules area for Custom_Civs and add it in the MLF file, quite simple really.

Actually YES to the resource, there were like 30 added. Since v18. But if you still want to play as the NEW American Civ, its ok, there really should be any problems, since the new "custom" modifier ask for recalculations anyways.

And as always thx for the KIND words and playing this great mod.:)

Civmatrix
Jan 25, 2012, 07:19 AM

lol there are a few. No one was suppose to know :)

Jwitti
Jan 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
V20-- 7zip cannot open as an archive.

hajlektalan
Jan 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
V20-- 7zip cannot open as an archive.

redownload it, or you can try to find a solution on google...

Jwitti
Jan 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
I was afraid of that, it took a while to dl... oh well, another download count for you guys :D

VineFynn
Jan 25, 2012, 11:58 PM
I was afraid of that, it took a while to dl... oh well, another download count for you guys :D
Check the torrent link nearing the end of the previous page for the v20 torrent magnet. You can get previous versions from the cfc download comments for this mod.
:)

Genon
Jan 26, 2012, 09:27 AM
I would like to ask, how to get civs like Poland, Vietnam etc. in v20, I just downloaded this version and I have standard BTS civs plus Lower Sioux

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
Nice to see you have updated this mod again ^_^. I will have to wait untill I finish my previous LP of this mod then I will prob check out the next version - more than likely will be v22 or so by then :P.

Anyways still really enjoying this mod ^_^

AIAndy
Jan 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
Nice to see you have updated this mod again ^_^. I will have to wait untill I finish my previous LP of this mod then I will prob check out the next version - more than likely will be v22 or so by then :P.

Anyways still really enjoying this mod ^_^
Well, updating the mod does not prevent you from continueing your LP. C2C savegames (the maximum compatibility ones) are special as they do not break when assets or the DLL get changed and the modifier recalculation makes the data consistent.

Jwitti
Jan 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7967/civ4screenshot0006r.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/civ4screenshot0006r.jpg/)
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1865/civ4screenshot0007n.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/civ4screenshot0007n.jpg/)
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/81/civ4screenshot0008c.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/civ4screenshot0008c.jpg/)
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1028/civ4screenshot0009a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/civ4screenshot0009a.jpg/)
I think the problem is obvious. if you need me to point it out, than I will.

But good so far! But I don't like how you can't 'access' Llama until Camel riding so by the time you can build Culture (Incan) Quechua are useless

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
Thank you AIAndy I should have done that for my previous LP I kept it at v15 for the whole time :P. But I guess i'll save the game on the max compatibility thingy and then upload v20 ^_^

Koshling
Jan 26, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thank you AIAndy I should have done that for my previous LP I kept it at v15 for the whole time :P. But I guess i'll save the game on the max compatibility thingy and then upload v20 ^_^

v15 -> v20 is a big reach. You may have issues because so much has changed that may make your game fairly broken even though it will most likely still load and allow you to continue.

If you want to upload a save game here I can try it for you and let you know how it looks before you take the plunge.

IdioticUlt1mara
Jan 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
v15 -> v20 is a big reach. You may have issues because so much has changed that may make your game fairly broken even though it will most likely still load and allow you to continue.

If you want to upload a save game here I can try it for you and let you know how it looks before you take the plunge.

Em well that was my previous LP, the one that is being uploaded, which was on v15. My new LP is on v19, the one I am currently recording.

BUt thank you nonetheless ^_^

ER5013
Jan 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
With the new culture system, does the Assimilation option do anything anymore? I've left it off but I was wondering if I'm missing out on anything.

Acularius
Jan 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
With the new culture system, does the Assimilation option do anything anymore? I've left it off but I was wondering if I'm missing out on anything.

You can build the base culture (Asian, European, Oceania, African, American and Middle Eastern) in order to build the cultures you can't normally acquire.
Playing a Byzantine game, where they are considered 'Middle Eastern' and by conquering Greece, I was able to build the European culture in order to build the Roman and Greek 'culture' building in order to create the special units associated with them.

Or maybe I'm crazy, but that's how I'm doing it.

Jwitti
Jan 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
I think he meant 'did it change in V20 since the cultures are more accurately resources'

ER5013
Jan 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
I think he meant 'did it change in V20 since the cultures are more accurately resources'

Yeah that's basically what I'm asking? If the other post was true I might need to start a new game so I can acquire hybrid cultures easier.

(Unless of course I can add assimilation to a game in progress which is unlikely.)

Hydromancerx
Jan 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
But good so far! But I don't like how you can't 'access' Llama until Camel riding so by the time you can build Culture (Incan) Quechua are useless

That's a good point. I will have to look into this since it was made before we had a llama resource.

Roderigg
Jan 27, 2012, 03:42 AM
I played yesterday first time C2C. Very very nice mod. But i have a problem. I cant choose the new CIVs. I can only choose the normal CIVs and Australia and the Lower Sioux. Any hint for this Problem? And Gatherer disappears after the Work is done. Bug or Feature?

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 27, 2012, 03:45 AM
I played yesterday first time C2C. Very very nice mod. But i have a problem. I cant choose the new CIVs. I can only choose the normal CIVs and Australia and the Lower Sioux. Any hint for this Problem? And Gatherer disappears after the Work is done. Bug or Feature?

To save space in the download most extra civs have been removed. I think.

Gatherers are consumed when they finish their task, except path building.

Roderigg
Jan 27, 2012, 03:52 AM
And where can i get the extra CIVs for C2C? Thnx for your help...

Schwarzbart
Jan 27, 2012, 06:15 AM
Will there be problems if I just overwrite my v.19 installation with the v20 one? (I hope that I can keep the removed civilizations this way ;) )

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 27, 2012, 06:23 AM
Will there be problems if I just overwrite my v.19 installation with the v20 one? (I hope that I can keep the removed civilizations this way ;) )

Yes there will be problems. I have moved some things around to make loading a bit faster. Mostly art but also units.

Gregori
Jan 27, 2012, 06:48 AM
Did you guys in v20 removed the notion on whether player wants to save his game in max compatibility or normal save? I assume now, that by default it is max compatibility?

strategyonly
Jan 27, 2012, 07:25 AM
Did you guys in v20 removed the notion on whether player wants to save his game in max compatibility or normal save? I assume now, that by default it is max compatibility?

Correct. . . .

Jwitti
Jan 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
OK I answered a question on the last page and ended up with there being a plethora of posts afterwards... sorry

youmakemefart
Jan 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Ok, I installed v20 it starts but doesn't load properly

- it loads "too fast"
- you only have the game options of BTS

Hydromancerx
Jan 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
@C2C Team

I just wanted to thank you guys for all that you do. I feel like I should call you "genies" for helping make all my civ4 wishes come true. I feel so lucky to be part of this great mod and among such talented modders. You make me want to be a better modder. I am constantly in awe of the things you guys come up with and make. So thank you so much for being a part of C2C. You guys have shown me that just because I cannot think of a way to solve a problem doesn't mean you guys will not be able to solve it. You guys make me not afraid to think big. So thank you. :worship:

Inyah
Jan 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
Hi guys,

I*d really like to play this mod, it sounds really cool. So I downloaded and installed it, but there is no interface (no text to choose). i know there is a link in the FAQ concerning this problem, but the link must be outdated or at least the instructions wont show (the screenshot is missing.) Could you repost how to fix this problem - if possible with easy words, as english is not my motherlanguage?

Thanks

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 28, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hi guys,

I*d really like to play this mod, it sounds really cool. So I downloaded and installed it, but there is no interface (no text to choose). i know there is a link in the FAQ concerning this problem, but the link must be outdated or at least the instructions wont show (the screenshot is missing.) Could you repost how to fix this problem - if possible with easy words, as english is not my motherlanguage?

Thanks

Welcome to CFC.

Currently you must play this mod in English. We now know why your problem occurs so we will be working on fixing it.

phill4848
Jan 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
can someone please explain the culture buildings as american civ i cant seem to build the american culture building with the american flag (the one that allows you to build navy seal...) it says i need English culture to build it how do get the english culture and how do i build in general

Inyah
Jan 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
Welcome to CFC.

Currently you must play this mod in English. We now know why your problem occurs so we will be working on fixing it.

ähm... and how do I do that? :)

Acularius
Jan 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
can someone please explain the culture buildings as american civ i cant seem to build the american culture building with the american flag (the one that allows you to build navy seal...) it says i need English culture to build it how do get the english culture and how do i build in general
Conquer a European city with a coast and apple in the vicinity, and build it before someone else does.

Jwitti
Jan 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
ähm... and how do I do that? :)

Go to the main menu without loading the mod, go to advanced, then options, then at the lower left corner is the language drop-down menu, set it to english

Jwitti
Jan 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
Ummm..
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/820/civ4screenshot0011.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/civ4screenshot0011.jpg/)

Zombie skiers?

Hydromancerx
Jan 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
LOL! Ok who messed p the Ski Patrol, it should be linked to the Ski Resort.

mike1979
Jan 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
Whoever put the max unit tile option in,
(i am far too lazy to sort through the path notes to find out who :p )
you sir are a genius!!!

I salute your brilliance :)

Inyah
Jan 28, 2012, 11:06 PM
Go to the main menu without loading the mod, go to advanced, then options, then at the lower left corner is the language drop-down menu, set it to english

thanks, it worked!:)

Hydromancerx
Jan 29, 2012, 12:43 AM
Just wanted to say that I finally made it to a game on snail where I am in late industrial era. However the Byzantines took over everyone else and started nuking me. I gave up a city just to force peace. I suspect i will be dead after the peace treaty happens, but it was really nice to play the industrial era for once without memory allocation errors. I think the new non-animated leaderheads are really helping. I don't even get that much lag. All I know is my tactical skills post-Renaissance are very rusty. it really sucked bad with those blimps. I even made a huge line of forts (and then bunkers) to try to stave them off. But once they got aircraft I was doomed. I found this very rewarding since its challenging even for me who helped make the tree is having a hard time navigating it.

Gregori
Jan 29, 2012, 09:14 AM
2 questions guys:

1) If you play hotseat without basicaly involving AI, would you still get MAFs once in a while? Or MAFs have nothing to do with it?
2) If you play revolution mod on, and city breaks away from your civilization in hot hotseat, the new civilization will be AI controlled, right? And it would be impossible, to gain a human control over it during the hot seat game? :)

JosEPh_II
Jan 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
Is there a stack limit on # of subdued animals on 1 tile?

I dropped an explorer onto a fair sized island he has subdued 4 eagles and a wallaroo. But the cheetah (last animal subdued) can not join him on the same tile. I get the Red circle of "NoNo can't go there".

BUG Options stack limit is 0.

JosEPh

Dancing Hoskuld
Jan 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
@All modders - I have not had a CTD due to graphics problems since v20+static leader heads. :goodjob:

Is there a stack limit on # of subdued animals on 1 tile?

I dropped an explorer onto a fair sized island he has subdued 4 eagles and a wallaroo. But the cheetah (last animal subdued) can not join him on the same tile. I get the Red circle of "NoNo can't go there".

BUG Options stack limit is 0.

JosEPh

There is no separate stack limit for animals. Your problem usually means that the cheetah is revealing some territory. Can you post a save so I can look at it. I have not had this problem - except with a dolphin. I am thinking it may have something to do with building a building that should increase visibility range. None of them do so maybe they give it to units but I have not seen that either.

strategyonly
Jan 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
@All modders - I have not had a CTD due to graphics problems since v20+static leader heads. :goodjob:

Now that is good news;), thx. I will start doing other stuff then to reduce more graphics, (IF i can find what i want that is), no promises):p

JosEPh_II
Jan 29, 2012, 07:07 PM

There is no separate stack limit for animals. Your problem usually means that the cheetah is revealing some territory. Can you post a save so I can look at it. I have not had this problem - except with a dolphin. I am thinking it may have something to do with building a building that should increase visibility range. None of them do so maybe they give it to units but I have not seen that either.

This is the closest save I have. The cheetah gets killed by a Jaguar when you click EoT. Since it can't join the Explorer and SA Pack it's toast.

I actually ended up with 7 SAs before I camped out on the horse resource.

JosEPh

Hydromancerx
Jan 29, 2012, 08:36 PM

Me too! It has been going much faster since the switch!

ulsterbrit
Jan 30, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hi guys i played this mod along time ago but stopped using it because the AI wouldnt build many planes nor nukes. and also didnt like that you could be lots of diff cultures.
does the AI build planes and nukes now?

Koshling
Jan 30, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hi guys i played this mod along time ago but stopped using it because the AI wouldnt build many planes nor nukes. and also didnt like that you could be lots of diff cultures.
does the AI build planes and nukes now?

Afforess made a fix to that issue, which has been merged in, though that was post-v20 release, so it is in if you are using the latest SVN version. I cannot comment on how effective the fix was in gameplay terms. If you are not using the SVN (i.e. - you're using release v20) then the AI is still remiss in that regard. I'll probably release a patch DLL sometime in the next week or two however, which v20 users can just replace their release version with and continue (not for this issue specifically, but just as a roll-up of various fixes since v20)

Civmatrix
Jan 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
hmm. I don't like having less civs to pick from. I never really had many slow problems with the barbs turned off and with show others moves turned off. The Animals spawn way to much and bog the map esp with having to wait to long to get tribes going, so I don't even play with them on.

I play hotseat now until all the oos problems are resolved.

I find the AI can be pretty at times lol. Is there an upgrade for the AI?

Great mod overall though. I hope there isn't too much graphic reduction though or lack of civs. Is there a way to add more in on my own? And where would I make entries if I added Canada?

Also I find the city defenses kind of ridiculous at times. I took a stack of 200 units and marched on a city with 4 units defending and because of the gatehouse i lost over half of the men in 2 turns. Im playing on v19 though at this time until my game is done.

Koshling
Jan 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
hmm. I don't like having less civs to pick from. I never really had many slow problems with the barbs turned off and with show others moves turned off. The Animals spawn way to much and bog the map esp with having to wait to long to get tribes going, so I don't even play with them on.

I play hotseat now until all the oos problems are resolved.

I find the AI can be pretty at times lol. Is there an upgrade for the AI?

Great mod overall though. I hope there isn't too much graphic reduction though or lack of civs. Is there a way to add more in on my own? And where would I make entries if I added Canada?

Also I find the city defenses kind of ridiculous at times. I took a stack of 200 units and marched on a city with 4 units defending and because of the gatehouse i lost over half of the men in 2 turns. Im playing on v19 though at this time until my game is done.

City defenses are fixed (toned down) in v20. AI improvements are an ongoing matter. Hydro would be the best person to comment on the civs, but with the new culture system they really are not much more than names to be honest (though individual leaders still have traits so they matter)