View Full Version : Caveman 2 Cosmos

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

strategyonly
Jun 27, 2009, 09:43 AM
SUPERB! Downloading it now and going to test run it after I get the irrelevant things done.

Thanks much!:goodjob:

Yeah! This will be awesome! And hopefully less MAFS.

Thx guys always nice to hear from everyone.:goodjob:

I have updated post # 3 & 4 with some attachments and whats in the mod.

RRtexasranger
Jul 02, 2009, 12:09 PM
I can't get the mod to even load up. When I try starting it, I get an error saying something about not being able to load up primary control themes or something. I changed my computer's resolution to the size mentioned in the first post, and it still happens.

strategyonly
Jul 02, 2009, 05:13 PM
I can't get the mod to even load up. When I try starting it, I get an error saying something about not being able to load up primary control themes or something. I changed my computer's resolution to the size mentioned in the first post, and it still happens.

The only reason something like that would happen is that you put the mod in a different location than specified.

But thats ok, all you have to do is completely delete the folder RESOURCE, next to the Assets folder, then go into the XML folder, and open Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc then go down to the bottom of that page, you will see this:

<MiscArtInfo>
<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
<Path>Mods/Next War Advanced/Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

and change it to this:

<MiscArtInfo>
<Path>Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

should take care of it, i hope.:rolleyes:

At least thx for trying it out!!

This is NOT your ordinary MOD, it is RoM 2.7 without the sdk/dll stuff is all, plus Thomas War stuff and add-ons as mentioned.

RRtexasranger
Jul 02, 2009, 06:09 PM
The only reason something like that would happen is that you put the mod in a different location than specified.

But thats ok, all you have to do is completely delete the folder RESOURCE, next to the Assets folder, then go into the XML folder, and open Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc then go down to the bottom of that page, you will see this:

<MiscArtInfo>
<Path>Mods/Next War Advanced/Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

and change it to this:

<MiscArtInfo>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

should take care of it, i hope.:rolleyes:

At least thx for trying it out!!

This is NOT your ordinary MOD, it is RoM 2.7 without the sdk/dll stuff is all, plus Thomas War stuff and add-ons as mentioned.

Thanks, it works. I'm already loving the mod btw. It is great.

os79
Jul 02, 2009, 06:48 PM
Why are you against dll/SDK? because ot me RevDCM, the backbone of RoM, is what makes RoM so great with its DCM features, BarbCivs, and few others. Plus there is BUG to consider too.

So why are you so against dll/SDK?

floppy1976
Jul 04, 2009, 05:46 AM
Hoi,

do not have Civ 4 Complet,sondern the individual addons, Vista 32 bit, Bug 3.6.Ist a German version in English.When I play a game I can see the map & my units but not any interface or command buttons. :-( Can someone help me?

Thank you

PS: My english ist not very good.

strategyonly
Jul 04, 2009, 05:49 AM
Hoi,

do not have Civ 4 Complet,sondern the individual addons, Vista 32 bit, Bug 3.6.Ist a German version in English.When I play a game I can see the map & my units but not any interface or command buttons. :-( Can someone help me?

Thank you

First read through all the FAQ's, there are alot of interface ones there. Then if you still cant resolve the problem, write again, MAYBE we can get it to work then, but the main reason is putting the mod in the correct area first.

And thx for at least trying this mod.;)

floppy1976
Jul 04, 2009, 09:29 AM
I do not have Civ 4 Complett! In the registry, everything is okay.I have installed the Mod in "E:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced".

strategyonly
Jul 04, 2009, 01:06 PM
I have installed the Mod in "E:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced".

Thats my point right there, needs to be in C: thats the way i have it set-up.

floppy1976
Jul 04, 2009, 01:47 PM
All games are on my E: install. Other mods work even on E:. What can I do it on E: works?

DavidB1111
Jul 04, 2009, 02:09 PM
I'm not certain how to get it to work on another drive, although it should, so, I have nothing.

Arian
Jul 05, 2009, 07:03 AM
I'm not certain how to get it to work on another drive, although it should, so, I have nothing.

I run Civ on D: without a problem.

strategyonly
Jul 05, 2009, 07:51 AM
Hoi,

Thank you

I do not have Civ 4 Complett! In the registry, everything is okay.I have installed the Mod in "E:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced".

All games are on my E: install. Other mods work even on E:. What can I do it on E: works?

I run Civ on D: without a problem.

My mistake here guys i didnt read the words after Vista closely enough:blush::blush:, you have BUG installed, MY mod WILL NOT work with BUG installed at all, unless its part of the main mod itself, it has conflicting python in each.:(

Pef
Jul 05, 2009, 02:18 PM
hello ,
just a few fixes you need to know :
- the nanite clouds and robots forget to get promotions ... they do get experience points .(and these ones have no traits ie: vs gunpowder or wheels)
- the spies are getting upgrades meant for airplanes (intercept aircraft , etc)
-many units (ships,mechs,late inf)can get a "sniper" promotion , ... while it looks cool i'm sure it was intended for recon units - but those can't get it- and i'm sure ships don't need to use enemy roads.
-some of the air promotions are blocking each other ie : +intercept via rockets or guns
-buildings keep disappearing , sometimes i had to rebuild a manufacture plant 3 times..
-upgradeable buildings re-appear (or maybe disappear when completed,then re-appear) - i mean here arcology,farmscrapper )

-the AI cheats badly ... lol ... what i mean is ... the team projects shouldn't be possible to be hurried - and is not for human - but they do manage to whip them up
-encyclopedia sucks bad , first of all : it steals even from 1 enemy civ , second its redundant to internet , third its overpowerd , better just remove it.
-cn tower also redundant to eifel tower
-i get plenty nuclear fallouts in late games .. even without nukes or nuclear plants
-the original next war contained a scenario map that rocked my world ... yet its not been converted to nwa ... i look forward to it.
-the AI can build outdated units (caravels,privateers,airships etc) , but my menu has them erased and replaced with new units.
-jumplanes can connect to water improvments..
-techs are way way too cheap ... c'mon give me time to build the library before i get 20 new techs and 10 more buildings
-some of the wonders miss a civipedia description

good things:
-nice new religions
-cities get the right signs for revolt,unhealthy etc
-the new leaders are great

btw i have nwa 004 ... looking forward to your next patch

DavidB1111
Jul 05, 2009, 07:14 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

-encyclopedia sucks bad , first of all : it steals even from 1 enemy civ , second its redundant to internet , third its overpowerd , better just remove it.
If you're using the encyclopedia or the Internet, you're doing it wrong! :) You're supposed to either ignore them, or build them just to prevent the AI from building them.

Honestly. if you rely on those two for Technology, you're crazy!
Gah.
AI doesn't cheat much in this game unless you're playing on Deity.
As for building Caravels, are you sure they have the technology to build tanks or ships of the line yet? It's usually after the ship of the line that Caravels are obsolete.

DoubleRD77
Jul 06, 2009, 12:51 AM
Just wanted to say great mod, I have been playing it all weekend for hours and hours. I noticed one small thing, maybe I am mistaken. Does the "stone" resource get outdated and removed from the map at some time? It is needed to make a "glassware" building, and a glassware building is needed to provide glass so I can make an "observatory." The observatory is very important for tech, and I can not build a glassware because no civ has stone, and it is not on the map. Just wondering if it gets obsoleted and removed at some point.

The mod is really fun to play, and I really like the intro song on the main screen. This mod is right up there with Dales Road to War WW2 scenario. I remember playing v001 of this mod. Once I started playing this mod, I never went back to regular civ. I really like the expanded tech tree. That is something I have always wanted, and this mod provides it. So, keep up the good work, this is the best mod out there.

DavidB1111
Jul 06, 2009, 08:10 AM
If no civs have it, then there's a bug. No resource can be removed like that. Only a lot of coding, like the Blight in Fall from Heaven mod. :)

You can create it using the world builder. Or, you could load up the world builder to see if any place has it.

Pef
Jul 06, 2009, 01:48 PM
As for building Caravels, are you sure they have the technology to build tanks or ships of the line yet? It's usually after the ship of the line that Caravels are obsolete.

well , its a modern era game start, other times is future ... anyway we all start at same lvls of tech ...

and about the internet and encyclopedia , i build those asap , or else the AIs will steal all my tech and combine their tech tree to get 50 tech ahead of me in few years ...
if i build them .. the AIs will normally stay 5-10 techs behind .

strategyonly
Jul 06, 2009, 02:54 PM
-buildings keep disappearing , sometimes i had to rebuild a manufacture plant 3 times..
-upgradeable buildings re-appear (or maybe disappear when completed,then re-appear) - i mean here arcology,farmscrapper )

-cn tower also redundant to eifel tower
-i get plenty nuclear fallouts in late games .. even without nukes or nuclear plants
-the original next war contained a scenario map that rocked my world ... yet its not been converted to nwa ... i look forward to it.
-jumplanes can connect to water improvments..
-techs are way way too cheap ... c'mon give me time to build the library before i get 20 new techs and 10 more buildings
-some of the wonders miss a civipedia description

good things:
-nice new religions
-cities get the right signs for revolt,unhealthy etc
-the new leaders are great

btw i have nwa 004 ... looking forward to your next patch

Yes the buildings are disappearing cause i have in the modules NBG (No Building Graphics) in there, if you want to see the buildings just place that part in the Unload Modules part that way if you want them later it will be there, same as any of he modules included.
Encyclop yeah i really like this part in the game JUST to see if i can make it there first, if not oh well then i have a harder time but thats the fun about it, at least for me.
CN tower, yeah thats still there cause i used to have Canada as a civ included and just have not gotten to it yet, same as Hockey Night etc.
The Nuclear Fallouts in the game if actually not NF, unless the ground turns to desert, its Global Warming that Firaxis has and i changed it there to be Plains instead of Desert.
What scenario was it?
Yes jumplanes in water, but in the new version i have also included water planes that look like purple ships in water, or something like that, havent really tested that too much.
If the techs are too cheap then your not playing on Marathon which this is made for. Or you have alot of REsearched stuff in there? FUN
I need to know about the missing TXT stuff or other missing entries, i was just in a hurry to get it out this time.
Thx for trying this MOD!!;)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
If you're using the encyclopedia or the Internet, you're doing it wrong! :) You're supposed to either ignore them, or build them just to prevent the AI from building them.
Honestly. if you rely on those two for Technology, you're crazy!
Gah.
AI doesn't cheat much in this game unless you're playing on Deity.

True on Deity it is messed up, but i cant even play pas Normal myself:blush::blush: without getting WIPED.:p

Just wanted to say great mod, I have been playing it all weekend for hours and hours. I noticed one small thing, maybe I am mistaken. Does the "stone" resource get outdated and removed from the map at some time? It is needed to make a "glassware" building, and a glassware building is needed to provide glass so I can make an "observatory." The observatory is very important for tech, and I can not build a glassware because no civ has stone, and it is not on the map. Just wondering if it gets obsoleted and removed at some point.

The mod is really fun to play, and I really like the intro song on the main screen. This mod is right up there with Dales Road to War WW2 scenario. I remember playing v001 of this mod. Once I started playing this mod, I never went back to regular civ. I really like the expanded tech tree. That is something I have always wanted, and this mod provides it. So, keep up the good work, this is the best mod out there.

Thx for the kind words makes me feeel alot better for ALL the MONTHS i have put into it. As far as the stone binus goes, it might have been a glitch, should be some someplace. I get glitches sometimes also, like the game quitting for NO reason at all, but as soon as i start all from the Load saved game area again, its gone and i resume playing

If no civs have it, then there's a bug. No resource can be removed like that. Only a lot of coding, like the Blight in Fall from Heaven mod. :)

You can create it using the world builder. Or, you could load up the world builder to see if any place has it.

Also true, thx

well , its a modern era game start, other times is future ... anyway we all start at same lvls of tech ...
and about the internet and encyclopedia , i build those asap , or else the AIs will steal all my tech and combine their tech tree to get 50 tech ahead of me in few years ...
if i build them .. the AIs will normally stay 5-10 techs behind .

Again true, thats the FUN of it, as a hint for THIS mod for everyone:

Try to keep your Civic on Serfdom for quite along time, there is a big BENEFIT waiting for you if you do.

There are more surprised also, and in the next version alot more surprises if you do things a certain way, and also in the NEXT version you will have to COMPLETELY change the way you play the techs included because of some of the units i have included, (so just be fore warned).;)

btw, i need more 5 star rating if you like, thx.

And thx to those who have d/led this mod and to those that have written here also, good or bad.

DavidB1111
Jul 06, 2009, 04:43 PM

Er, you're not allowed to complain about it now. :)
or, Mr. :facepalm: is your new name. :)

Glad my madness can be understood, there, Strategy. But who wants Serfdom after the industial era. :)

strategyonly
Jul 06, 2009, 05:09 PM
Er, you're not allowed to complain about it now. :)
or, Mr. :facepalm: is your new name. :)

Glad my madness can be understood, there, Strategy. But who wants Serfdom after the industial era. :)

It probably wont be needed after that anyways, you should get your "surprises" prior to that!!:p

And again thx.;)

DavidB1111
Jul 06, 2009, 10:29 PM
What surprises? :confused:

strategyonly
Jul 06, 2009, 11:16 PM
What surprises? :confused:

It usually takes about twenty turns(maybe more) but you'll see them arrive, one by one. Just give it time, and it doesnt matter what era you are in either, you still can get them.:p Dont want to give it away to early, ;)

Pef
Jul 07, 2009, 04:50 AM
@strategy
the scenario i talked about comes with the BTS load of mods , inside the Next War , theres a scenario called Next war, placed inside D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War\PublicMaps
and its name is:Next War Epic.CivBeyondSwordWBSave (its the one with Mr.Big rulling over America Inc.)
-and about the buildings that are disappearing , will it be fixed in next patch?

DoubleRD77
Jul 07, 2009, 05:55 AM
please do not change the opening song for this mod, I like to listen to it

os79
Jul 07, 2009, 06:33 AM
-and about the buildings that are disappearing , will it be fixed in next patch?

First, put the folder named No Buildings (something like that) from /Next War Advanced 004/Assets/Modules/Custom Buildings to Next War Advanced 004/Assets/Unloaded Modules/Custom Buildings. If necessary, create new folders as I mentioned above in ordre to successfully follow my directions. Then you should have full buildings there. The reason No Buildings is there is for people who have low-end computers or are impatient with slow turns. It helps a bit with performance. Not much, but it does.

I'm assuming that my directions is correct IF! Strategyonly use the same directory structure as Rise of Mankind minus RevDCM and few others.

DavidB1111
Jul 07, 2009, 09:28 AM
As long as the surprise isn't something silly, I'll be fine with it. :)

Will it be like "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." :)
Or will it be like Superman.

Pef
Jul 07, 2009, 10:31 AM
D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced v004\Assets\Modules\Custom Buildings
this folder contains only :castles and chapter houses
i moved its content into he Unloaded Modules one and started a game ,however i begun the get error messages like , error : teutonic chapter house is incorrect.

so , i created this folder
D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced v004\Assets\Unloaded Modules\Custom Buildings\No Buildings
but its empty ... what should i move inside it?

strategyonly
Jul 07, 2009, 10:58 AM
D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced v004\Assets\Modules\Custom Buildings
this folder contains only :castles and chapter houses
i moved its content into he Unloaded Modules one and started a game ,however i begun the get error messages like , error : teutonic chapter house is incorrect.

so , i created this folder
D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced v004\Assets\Unloaded Modules\Custom Buildings\No Buildings
but its empty ... what should i move inside it?

Its not a folder but TWO XML files that need to be moved only. (These two files are next to Castles/Order of St. John/Templar Chapter/ and Teutonic Chapter) dont remove these just the two files only.
NBG_CIV4ArtDefines_Building
NBG_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema

Move both of these to "Unloaded Modules" the FOLDER next to Art, Modules, Python, res, Sounds and XML.

cr0ws
Jul 08, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hello Strategyonly!

Been playing around with your mod and so far I am liking it much. A+ vote worthy! Liking some original ideas you put into it like "animal capture" ability for scouts.

A couple of bugs caught my attention I'd like to address.

1. When you hover mouse over Monument in build que you get a "TXT_KEY_BUILDING_MONUMENT_HELP" script showing in the window.

2. I can build Slave Market even though I don't have Slavery civic.

3.Game crashed when I exit to Main Menu after Launching. I remember ROM had the same problem, you may want to inquire Zappa on how he fixed it.

That's all for now I'll let you know if I find more.

Keep up the great work!

DoubleRD77
Jul 09, 2009, 01:47 AM
Please fix the buildings. I do not know how to do all that stuff you guys are talking about. The mod is great, but having to rebuild the same building radomly over and over is a pain. I would rather have a little extra turn wait, then have to rebuild the same buildings. This is pretty much the sole complaint everyone has, so it should be the primary fix. Also, is it possible to give your capitulated vassal states a city if you captured their last city, and you have the game on require complete kills? I wanted to give a vassal a city, but it will not give me the option :(

os79
Jul 09, 2009, 02:51 AM
Please fix the buildings. I do not know how to do all that stuff you guys are talking about. The mod is great, but having to rebuild the same building radomly over and over is a pain. I would rather have a little extra turn wait, then have to rebuild the same buildings. This is pretty much the sole complaint everyone has, so it should be the primary fix. Also, is it possible to give your capitulated vassal states a city if you captured their last city, and you have the game on require complete kills? I wanted to give a vassal a city, but it will not give me the option :(

Ah, then it is not what I thought it was. Because, otherwise, you wouldn't had to rebuild.

DavidB1111
Jul 09, 2009, 04:21 AM
I'm confused. What buildings are you rebuilding over and over? The only one I know of that should cause that is the port/commercial port/etc thing?

DoubleRD77
Jul 09, 2009, 06:51 AM
I think it is the modern granery, cement factory, oil factory, and the steel mill, might be a few more, but those are the ones that I can think of

Pef
Jul 09, 2009, 09:42 AM
I think perhaps there is a set limit in place for how many buildings one city can have...
I say this because i often experience the following : build a new city - it comes with its prebuild buildings inside (granary,ligthhouse etc.) , then u start getting it new buildings , after 20 or so new buildings , you discover the city can rebuild a Forge, or Courthouse ,School,Market , buildings that were either pre-built or you built first off.
It could be that the new buildings of this particular mod are somewhat bugged (brewery,cement ,filling,steel mill,aluminium fact,rubber and chem) it seems building them in a new city after you already built them somewhere else causes the game to delete them and a random number of other older buildings.
Mayhaps its a limit set on how many still mills one civ can have ... and it impacts the game by deleting a ton of buildings in the offending city? If so a quick fix would be to deny possibility to build the supranumerary buildings in other cities - in fact make them a National Wonder - one per civ.

strategyonly
Jul 09, 2009, 01:19 PM
Yes there is a set number for some buildings to be built, like the brewery before you can get Octotberfest etc, there are ALOT of these here in this mod, it tells you in the Octoberfest area what the requirements are etc.(also alot of other buildings), also if you have a harbour and build a port (i think, it been so long ago) your harbour disappears. And by building some builds, ie granary, then building a modern granary it also deletes that building and the modern one takes it place. (As in real life). I dont know for sure if this what everyone is saying/asking about, but i thought i'd put this out there.

Heres , more info:
Granary upgrades to Modern Granary
Bakery upgrades to Food Processing plant

Bakery requires Granary
Food processing plant requires Modern Granary

It's made this way because of the xml tag limitations - there is no OR check for building requirements, adding such would require sdk changes. NWA uses xml and python combination for building upgrade lines and I've tried to keep it as simple as possible because complex python code slows down the game.

DoubleRD77
Jul 09, 2009, 07:05 PM
What we are saying is that if you build a modern granery, the modern granery disapears a few turns later, or a cement factory will disapear a few turns later. Even if there is no advanced building to replace it, it will disapear randomely and it must be rebuilt. It is like it vanishes out of thin air, it is very scary.

DavidB1111
Jul 10, 2009, 12:32 AM
Um, the cement factory, is that a national wonder? If it is, it's because of the weird bug with national wonders, you'll always have one left to build..or something.

As for the other, well, I have no clue.

Pef
Jul 10, 2009, 12:32 PM
@strategy
what i meant with my post before was
-every city seems to have a fix limit of buildings say 30 . if you build a 31st building then the scripts will kick in and delete 5 older buildings randomly.
-again, the new resource wonders you added (filling,rubber planet etc) do not behave like the other national wonders ... say u build Hermitage in city x , normally it disappears from the list of buildings in other cities , well , your new nationals (rubber,aluminium etc) are not behaving this way ... you build them in city x , then you CAN build them again in city Y , but when you do city x gets a plague or some script error that deletes randomly 5 other buildings.
-3rd problem is upgradeable buildings : harbor-port-com port-int port for example ... say its year 1990 ingame , you take a pioneer and build a city - it comes with many buildings including lets say a port , then you build a harbour (because you can , its in the list and its says you will get some bonus) , then you can build international port , and then you can build commercial port too..
see , its a messed up tree , old buildings should transform in new ones and delete the option to rebuild said building from the list.
-granary also has problems in the way : say city x has a granary , you build the modern one , now the city has both in its building list , then you build food plant , and then surprise , you can build granary again .... but if you do .. then modern granary and food plant disappear.

well , its only a problem if you play on a tight timetable, eventually i keep rebuilding my buildings many many times untill they stick ... that's of course because i can build units from one single city that makes them 1 per turn... and after in build world bank i start making 20k gold per turn , so i can buy up disappearing buildings faster than they disappear ...

rwglaub
Jul 10, 2009, 03:47 PM
It may be from espionage. I think it's too easy for AI civs to do espionage missions against a human player.

DavidB1111
Jul 10, 2009, 04:45 PM
THey're not talking about espionage. Just another weird issue with buildings disappearing.
So far in Rise of Mankind, I've been hit by the same building being spammed for building in every city, but I haven't seen a bug that causes the game to randomly delete buildings, especially since you have a maximum of -1. :) Which means infinite amounts.

Besides, it's not easy to miss the "Your random building has been blown up by a spy." Stupid spies...

Mcdrowd
Jul 13, 2009, 06:42 AM
The game is over - but why.

I cannot achieve anymore technoligies, that requires "Liberalism", which have a red background. Is there anything i forget or overlook?

strategyonly
Jul 13, 2009, 12:32 PM
The game is over - but why.

I cannot achieve anymore technoligies, that requires "Liberalism", which have a red background. Is there anything i forget or overlook?

What was your settings for, if you have it on GameTurn, Victory conditions??

Mcdrowd
Jul 13, 2009, 02:34 PM
What was your settings for, if you have it on GameTurn, Victory conditions??

The victory-conditions are conquest, Domination and Space-Race. I cant say on which turn it happened, because at this time i had ~10000 Science Points per turn and i clicked through the technologies round by round, not with the advisor.

strategyonly
Jul 13, 2009, 03:34 PM
The victory-conditions are conquest, Domination and Space-Race. I cant say on which turn it happened, because at this time i had ~10000 Science Points per turn and i clicked through the technologies round by round, not with the advisor.

Do you have a saved game of it?

Mcdrowd
Jul 13, 2009, 04:10 PM
Do you have a saved game of it?

I wished i have one. but a couple of hours ago i bypass the problem by entering the World-Builder (CTRL+W) and give only "Liberalism" to me. It can be, that i forgot to research for liberalism and entered the next civ-era. I think problem occurs whn a other civilization reserched "Liberalism" Frist. I Did it not at first. Mea culpa! :-)

hmm - so be it. Another small problem thats annoy me: Every time i built a Chemical Plant, Rubber Factory or Cement Mill, another city wishes to built another one and if it have finished, the first or another city do the same. This should be a bug to hold the national wonder status.

DoubleRD77
Jul 17, 2009, 07:36 AM
I have not noticed as much problem with the buildings if I do not max out on filling factories, cement, and steel factory. Also, I still never see stone resource. I can never build a glassware or a observatory.

strategyonly
Jul 17, 2009, 04:11 PM
hmm - so be it. Another small problem thats annoy me: Every time i built a Chemical Plant, Rubber Factory or Cement Mill, another city wishes to built another one and if it have finished, the first or another city do the same. This should be a bug to hold the national wonder status.

Yeah thats part of the wonder stuff i have in the game, you HAVE to build 5 each of these to work correctly, thats why they pop-up in different cities, you can always go into the BuildingClassInfo and change the requirements. But there are certain things for certain reasons. Probably doesnt make sense but, hey its a game, and everytime you play it, its just like playing a NEW game each time, cause each time is different. Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner but my Power Supply blew up and just had it replaced.

I have not noticed as much problem with the buildings if I do not max out on filling factories, cement, and steel factory. Also, I still never see stone resource. I can never build a glassware or a observatory.

HUH< i never play other than on my own scenarios, so i never have those problems, for testing i use Narnia/Strat/Contin divide depends on what mood i am in, as far as Glass you need :

TECH_GLASS_BLOWING, and then it provides BUILDING_GLASSSMITH, which has a stone bonus in it and also provides glassware. But you must have Salt.

See each factory has preq all must be met, just like i mentioned before you have to build 5 Wonder Brewery's and a Distillery to get a Oktoberfest Wonder. Cant make it too easy for people.

DoubleRD77
Jul 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
to build a glasssmith requires having the stone resource, it does not give a stone bonus. I have yet to see the stone resource appear in a game, so I can never build a glassmith, which would in turn give me glassware

DavidB1111
Jul 17, 2009, 08:56 PM
You're having horrible luck. I find the stone resource every once in a while. Try Pangea, or Inland sea. :)

DoubleRD77
Jul 17, 2009, 10:24 PM
I am on pangea and still do not sea stone :/ Anyways I had an idea, it seems with all the buildings now that can add culture, it is very easy to get to Legendary culture. Is it possible to create a new cultural expansion for cities beyond Legendary? That would be really cool.

strategyonly
Jul 17, 2009, 11:17 PM
You're having horrible luck. I find the stone resource every once in a while. Try Pangea, or Inland sea. :)

I agree,dang, that stone, and just think most of the earth is covered in stone, HUH? :lol:

I am on pangea and still do not sea stone :/ Anyways I had an idea, it seems with all the buildings now that can add culture, it is very easy to get to Legendary culture. Is it possible to create a new cultural expansion for cities beyond Legendary? That would be really cool.

Yeah, THIS mod is not made for Legendary culture whosoever, sorry.:blush:

strategyonly
Jul 20, 2009, 11:43 AM
Reference Stone:

The solution is in CIV4BonusInfos.xml file. Stone is set to appear only on 2 types of terrains - desert and plains. Combined with the random chance that is same as other rare resources (10 while BANANA has 25 for example) it makes it very very rare. You should be able to make it more frequent by increasing random chance to appear (to 25 for example) or add new terrain types where stone can appear.

So in that, what do you think would be a fair amount to put in there then and what terrains??

DoubleRD77
Jul 23, 2009, 09:45 PM
I have noticed when I am invading enemy territory and attacking a city sometimes a small problem occurs. If there is a neutral civilization nearby and I do not have a open borders agreement with them, if I conquer the enemy city, instead of my whole army moving into the city, only the attacking unit moves in. Then the neutral civilization's cultural border expands where my invading army was, and, since I do not have a open borders agreement, my whole army is immediately moved back to my old cultural borders, not the city I just took. Then the next turn the enemy simply retakes their city that has only my one unit in it. Has anyone else had this problem? I am not sure if this is a bug with this scenario, or if it is a bug in the game engine itself.

DavidB1111
Jul 23, 2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds like a bug with the game. Try to play a custom game and keep open borders with everyone. Don't know how you don't at all. :(

DoubleRD77
Jul 23, 2009, 10:29 PM
Sometimes cilizations do not like open borders with me. They get mad when I accidently attack and raze their cities. Then for no reason they will never have a open border with me again. It was just an accident :( I am innocent. My troops just got confused and attacked them without warning :(

DavidB1111
Jul 23, 2009, 11:07 PM
Uh, that doesn't happen. :) So, either you're playing Chaos Theory the game, instead of Next War Advanced, or you broke something badly. <insert Gauntlet warning for low health noise here>

And anyhow, even if you do declare war on someone, the AI always throws open border agreements at you after you stop the war. They've always done that to me.

Obviously, you're doing something horribly horribly wrong, because none of what you're saying makes any sense.

Stop confusing me!

CommanderD
Jul 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
I've been using variations of this mod for ages now, in fact, it's pretty much the only version of civ 4 I use now. However this is the first post I've made on the board

I just wondered if you'd consider adding the sea conlony/sea formers features from the planetfall mod and possibly larger nukes (for some sort of super weapon).

I'd also like to see the Manhatten Project to be civilisation dependent. So building it only made nukes available if your civ had constructed it.

Lastly, I was wondering of you'd consider adding the extended air missions from the road to war mod as I also felt they added greatly to the game.

Any, wonderful mod and thanks for listening.

strategyonly
Jul 25, 2009, 01:16 PM
I've been using variations of this mod for ages now, in fact, it's pretty much the only version of civ 4 I use now. However this is the first post I've made on the board

I just wondered if you'd consider adding the sea colony/sea formers features from the planetfall mod and possibly larger nukes (for some sort of super weapon).

I'd also like to see the Manhattan Project to be civilization dependent. So building it only made nukes available if your civ had constructed it.

Lastly, I was wondering of you'd consider adding the extended air missions from the road to war mod as I also felt they added greatly to the game.

Any, wonderful mod and thanks for listening. THX;)

I'd have to take a look at it, i never even new there was a PlanetFall?:blush:
Nukes and stuff will be coming.(more than likely later than sooner sorry, unless someone does it for me) HINT HINT

I also need someone else to HELP me merge a mod into this, i just cant seem to do it correctly, i mess up on the python to much: GameUtil/EventInterface stuff etc, if someone does, it will be a GIANT addition i KNOW everyone will LIKE.
And all sorts of new stuff.

Jhovall
Jul 26, 2009, 03:01 PM
Downloaded v4 of the mod a couple of days ago, and been playing ever since.

Loving it! :-)

However, I'm playing Epic on a Huge mod, and I'm getting a *lot* of CTDs that are related to diplomacy. When someone initiates diplomacy, my game will generally CTD with the error message in attachment.

It doesn't seem to be a MAF (I've gotten those too, but they looked different), so any ideas on how to resolve these?

Thanks! :-)

strategyonly
Jul 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
Downloaded v4 of the mod a couple of days ago, and been playing ever since.
Loving it! :-)
However, I'm playing Epic on a Huge mod, and I'm getting a *lot* of CTDs that are related to diplomacy. When someone initiates diplomacy, my game will generally CTD with the error message in attachment.
Thanks! :-)

You need to turn on your error messages in the CivilizationIV.ini (Configuration Settings) located in the My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/ _ file.

Then put a copy here for me to look at, and many many thx for the comments above.

Tsarsies
Jul 26, 2009, 10:04 PM
Great mod compilation. Been playing your latest release recently and have not experienced any problems (i only ever use your own made maps). Although ive noticed all my sea vessels state a movement they are uncapable of moving, such as stating it can move 2 but only moves 1. Any reason why?

I'd like to add that i think it would be great if you could include a mod that allows you to blame espionage missions on other civs. With a chance it will backfire ofcourse and cause relation drop with the 2 civs involved (the one you conducted the mission against and the one you attempted to frame for it). Id say you would need extra espionage points for both civs involved and it would create a new cold war type of effect.

I would also like to suggest another idea... Currently each city can only build 4 world wonders and 4 national wonders. Any way you could make it so once a wonder (world or national) becomes obsolete it allows you to build another in its place?... It just seems really annoying if you have built quite a few of the earlier wonders such as the great wall, colossus, stone henge and say great library and then later in the game when they become obsolete you can't build any new wonders... If you know what i mean. It would make those wonders that do not become obsolete worth a lot more in thier placements. Also somthing in the city screen that shows you how many wonders you have built. It sucks having to go through the building list to count them (especially when you cant remember which city built what when you have a lot of cities).

Another thing that bugs me a little is when i have created a great ally and we have built a strong relationship and then my enemy makes them a vassal in the middle of war and all of a sudden my long time ally hates me... doesnt really make any logical sense. sure they have become a vassel, but they should still have some mind of thier own not to want to be at war with an old ally. Which in turn should make keeping them a vassel for my enemy more difficult (thier should be uprisings against the vassel owner and so forth to simulate the fact they are forced to do what they dont want).

And lastly, negative relations should decrease (but not become positive) over time. seems petty a civ would declare war on me 1500 years after a bad relation. I can understand relations affected by war or religion difference lasting so long but relations affected by culture or ingame events should definatly decrease over time.

Not sure if any of that is even possible. Regardless, Great mod and i have been following this thread for quite a long time. You have really increased the longevity and replayablity of civIV. Kee up the great work!

edingess
Jul 27, 2009, 11:44 AM
I clicked the link to download on the forum but filefront isn't working is their another mirror I can use?:(

Jhovall
Jul 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
You need to turn on your error messages in the CivilizationIV.ini (Configuration Settings) located in the My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/ _ file.

Then put a copy here for me to look at, and many many thx for the comments above.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I got the CTD, I got an error reporting that the the dump failed. Heh.
I reloaded once again, and this time it worked. I encountered Siam and no issues. The next turn however, I was poised to meet several new civs, and I got a BSoD. That was new. :-/

I'll see if I can find a dump somewhere!

I tried updating DirectX yesterday, but I have the most up-to-date version. I'll see if updating my main display drivers works, it's been while since I had nVidia work its magic/voodoo.

strategyonly
Jul 27, 2009, 12:24 PM
I clicked the link to download on the forum but filefront isn't working is their another mirror I can use?:(

Its working now.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I got the CTD, I got an error reporting that the the dump failed. Heh.
I reloaded once again, and this time it worked. I encountered Siam and no issues. The next turn however, I was poised to meet several new civs, and I got a BSoD. That was new. :-/

I'll see if I can find a dump somewhere!

I tried updating DirectX yesterday, but I have the most up-to-date version. I'll see if updating my main display drivers works, it's been while since I had nVidia work its magic/voodoo.

You need to go back into civ.ini and UNCHECK the dump area, its causes more problems then its is worth, at least thats my opinion.

btw, Welcome to CFC both of you'll.

Jhovall
Jul 27, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks!

Long-time lurker and fan(atic), but first time poster :)

edingess
Jul 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks:), but when I click the button it goes to filefront but a second later an error message pops up saying that internet explorer is unable to open up the page:confused:

strategyonly
Jul 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks:), but when I click the button it goes to filefront but a second later an error message pops up saying that internet explorer is unable to open up the page:confused:

Try using FireFox.;)

Jhovall
Jul 27, 2009, 02:39 PM
So I tried another mod (:blush:) and it gave me a MAF! That's never happened to me before (well, before the new-ish patch anyway). It was only 50 or so, barely started the game...

Curious...

edingess
Jul 27, 2009, 02:45 PM
Try using FireFox.;)

Where do I download it?, is it free?

strategyonly
Jul 27, 2009, 02:57 PM
Where do I download it?, is it free?

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

floppy1976
Jul 28, 2009, 04:38 AM
Hoi,

When round crasht change the game. :( In the Annex the logs.

Groet Floppy1976

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hoi,

When round crasht change the game. :( In the Annex the logs.

Groet Floppy1976

OK, i went through your logs and nothing there that is wrong, do you have Python errors set to 0:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

cause that would be the only other errors available, unless you have as in the FAQ's your graphics on High after the Industrial age (needs to be set to Medium or Low from here out)? And good luck!

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2009, 05:27 AM
So I tried another mod (:blush:) and it gave me a MAF! That's never happened to me before (well, before the new-ish patch anyway). It was only 50 or so, barely started the game...

Curious...

Yeah, i get those also, its just a glitch as in the FAQ's, just go your auto savedgame and start from there, it should not crash from then out. And good luck!

floppy1976
Jul 28, 2009, 06:10 AM
OK, i went through your logs and nothing there that is wrong, do you have Python errors set to 0:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups

cause that would be the only other errors available, unless you have as in the FAQ's your graphics on High after the Industrial age (needs to be set to Medium or Low from here out)? And good luck!

Hi strategyonly,

Bin in the Medieval age and at round 441 / 1250 AD. Have the graphics on medium and low asked. HidePythonExceptions = 0 is to 0
The crash continues.
I enclose my savegame and the logs.

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2009, 07:28 AM
Hi strategyonly,

Bin in the Medieval age and at round 441 / 1250 AD. Have the graphics on medium and low asked. HidePythonExceptions = 0 is to 0
The crash continues.
I enclose my savegame and the logs.

Did you change anything at all:confused::confused:, my 004 wont take the savedgame??

Nigholith
Jul 28, 2009, 07:42 AM
Great mod, only recently stumbled across it; though I'm having a few problems.

First of all, the larger majority of my naval and aerial units can't seem to get a promotion; they have more than enough experience points to increase their level and get a promotion, but it doesn't offer me an option of doing so. This occurs in a game where the AI can give its units of the same type a promotion quite easily.

Secondly, Swamps, Poisonous Gas, and Flooding can't be cleared after obtaining the Thermodynamics technology; only Scrub land can.

Thirdly, several buildings don't seem to properly link with their intended functions; such as the Secret Army Base, that can be built at any point during the game and multiple times by a Great General, regardless of whether the player has Biological warfare or not; and the Special Operations Headquarters, that doesn't seem to do anything; and finally the Missile Solo isn't required in order to build ICBMs, as its description illustrates.

I apologise if all or any of this has been mentioned before, the searches I ran didn't turn up anything.

floppy1976
Jul 28, 2009, 08:01 AM
Did you change anything at all:confused::confused:, my 004 wont take the savedgame??

Not understand it???:confused:

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2009, 09:01 AM
Great mod, only recently stumbled across it

Swamps, Poisonous Gas, and Flooding can't be cleared after obtaining the Thermodynamics technology; only Scrub land can.

That is correct, do you know anything about XMLing? btw Welcome to CFC!

Several buildings don't seem to properly link with their intended functions; such as the Secret Army Base, that can be built at any point during the game and multiple times by a Great General, regardless of whether the player has Biological warfare or not; and the Special Operations Headquarters, that doesn't seem to do anything.

What version are you playing, cause i thought i got rid of that in 004?

I apologise if all or any of this has been mentioned before, the searches I ran didn't turn up anything.[/QUOTE]

Not understand it???:confused:

DId you add or take something out, or move anything at all in the 004 version?

Nigholith
Jul 28, 2009, 12:58 PM
That is correct, do you know anything about XMLing? btw Welcome to CFC!
Thanks for the welcome :-) Been around since Civ3, but rarely posted.
I know a small amount about XML, I'm more versed with python. I assume the linking's an XML problem?

What version are you playing, cause i thought i got rid of that in 004?
Heh, sorry, as it turns out I've been playing 003, I must have obtained it from an old link. I assume that'll clear up the promotion problem, also?

strategyonly
Jul 28, 2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome :-) Been around since Civ3, but rarely posted.
I know a small amount about XML, I'm more versed with python. I assume the linking's an XML problem?

Heh, sorry, as it turns out I've been playing 003, I must have obtained it from an old link. I assume that'll clear up the promotion problem, also?

Yeah its strickly XML work for changing the terrain/improvements.

I havent gotten to the Naval part yet, thats why i didnt comment on that, I get so far in a game and then i change something in earlier eras and i have to start all over again.

OK on a different NOTE: How would NWA fans want to make their OWN resources, besides the ones that the game gives you? ie: Like to be able to build cows with pastures, and horses on your own?? But it would require more ACTION buttons??

floppy1976
Jul 29, 2009, 03:15 AM
DId you add or take something out, or move anything at all in the 004 version?

Yes I still play with the 004 version.
Have not installed the other stuff more.

Groet

edingess
Jul 30, 2009, 08:22 AM
I have a question: Why are some of the building models missing and why are some of their functions un explained ie: aquatic anti air defense. Also, I'm unsure of which one of the assault mechs is supposed to follow the other in the tech tree because according to the civilopedia, the one with less strength follows the one with greater strength. Also, you may want to fix the confusion with the 2 Destroyers(see NextWar Revolutions).:confused:

strategyonly
Jul 30, 2009, 08:31 AM
I have a question: Why are some of the building models missing and why are some of their functions un explained ie: aquatic anti air defense. Also, I'm unsure of which one of the assault mechs is supposed to follow the other in the tech tree because according to the civilopedia, the one with less strength follows the one with greater strength. Also, you may want to fix the confusion with the 2 Destroyers(see NextWar Revolutions).:confused:

OK i have NBG (No Building Graphics) installed in the modules area, if you want the building to appear, just take those TWO files and place them in the UnLoaded Modules folder, but it helps out tremendously in late game if the NBG are installed, same as the Static Wonders/Leaderheads.;)

Yeah i havent been able to get the the pedia stuff like i need to, sorry, but thats on a LOW priority still.:(

Dont know anything about the destroyers? I hardly ever use ships in testing.:rolleyes:

Never heard of NWREv sorry.

And thx for trying this mod for playing.

edingess
Jul 30, 2009, 11:21 AM
OK i have NBG (No Building Graphics) installed in the modules area, if you want the building to appear, just take those TWO files and place them in the UnLoaded Modules folder, but it helps out tremendously in late game if the NBG are installed, same as the Static Wonders/Leaderheads.;)

Yeah i havent been able to get the the pedia stuff like i need to, sorry, but thats on a LOW priority still.:(

Dont know anything about the destroyers? I hardly ever use ships in testing.:rolleyes:

Never heard of NWREv sorry.

And thx for trying this mod for playing.

I apologize for the confusion in my last post:(. I try to open the GlobalDefineAlt.xml file but I can't. All that happens is that explorer opens up and says that I can't open a XML file using a XMS sheet (I don't even know what that is ). Is there any thing I can do? By the way this mod is excellent:goodjob:

edingess
Aug 03, 2009, 08:01 AM
I apologize for the confusion in my last post:(. I try to open the GlobalDefineAlt.xml file but I can't. All that happens is that explorer opens up and says that I can't open a XML file using a XMS sheet (I don't even know what that is ). Is there any thing I can do? By the way this mod is excellent:goodjob:

Never mind, I managed to open up the XML file using wordpad. If you ever plan on updating the mod and need suggestions just let me know.:)

Pef
Aug 07, 2009, 08:58 AM
@strategy
i'm sorry if i seem harsh , but it looks to me that you haven't played 004 at all ...
fixing bugs that players report would be much easier if you encounter them yourself.
i suggest you take few days off programming , and just play ... when your buildings start disappearing maybe you will understand what we are trying to tell you.

strategyonly
Aug 07, 2009, 11:09 AM
@strategy
i'm sorry if i seem harsh , but it looks to me that you haven't played 004 at all ...
fixing bugs that players report would be much easier if you encounter them yourself.
i suggest you take few days off programming , and just play ... when your buildings start disappearing maybe you will understand what we are trying to tell you.

I have now played 004 for the last 15 days, and i have FUN everyday, at least 4 hours a day. The buildings are supposed to be gone, i have NGB in place. The only building i am having a problem with is that darn Brewery. And its kind of hard to fix something that was just put out until the next version, and they never were reported before, as far as i remember. :rolleyes:

Words are just that "Words", so nothing gained nothing lost. If it weren't for words, nobody would say anything (Good or Bad).:p

strategyonly
Aug 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
I am thinking about changing ONE of the civics around, i need to add a Military one.

Which one is NOT need?? HealthCare/Education?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175014&postcount=5

DrwHem
Aug 15, 2009, 02:26 PM
you could adapt the civics screen that they use in RoM it lets you list more.
also can you find a way to add bombardment to artillery and naval units. otherwise they have no real purpose.

zappara
Aug 16, 2009, 03:07 PM
I have a question: Why are some of the building models missing and why are some of their functions un explained ie: aquatic anti air defense. Since Aquatic Anti-Air Defense is from my modpack I think I can explain why it doesn't show its modifier. It doesn't show its modifier because there's small "bug" in BtS engine as it won't show air defense modifiers for improvements and improvements don't have help xml tags which could have been used to show this modifier (help xml modifier is present for various other objects). Only way to get the modifier shown would be a bit of extra python coding to couple files assuming there's function that can retrieve the air defense modifier which I haven't checked yet.

you could adapt the civics screen that they use in RoM it lets you list more.RoM's civic screen requires SDK changes to the DLL (RevDCM 2.5). So adding just the python screen file won't help much.

Kroyon
Aug 17, 2009, 01:26 AM
Hi there, sorry i posted some things i thought were bugs ingame without thinking fully lol and cannot delete the post.

Pooluke41
Aug 18, 2009, 09:46 AM
I know this is most likely the wrong thread , but can i have some step by step helt with the interface problem on Civ complete :confused: Because the Other threads are quite hard to understand

strategyonly
Aug 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
I know this is most likely the wrong thread , but can i have some step by step helt with the interface problem on Civ complete :confused: Because the Other threads are quite hard to understand

PLS look at this first then if that doesn't help, write again.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175021&postcount=8

btw Welcome to CFC

Pooluke41
Aug 18, 2009, 04:56 PM
PLS look at this first then if that doesn't help, write again.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175021&postcount=8

btw Welcome to CFC

I have this thread and im told write this to you: please open my games\beyond the sword\civilizationIV.ini and set all items with log in their name from 0 to 1 (just search for log and set all 0 to 1) then save the .ini file and start the mod - start a play now game if possible, close the game and post all items in my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file attachment here.

The trhead: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=332149

nodnarb
Aug 18, 2009, 06:50 PM
Are there any Earth maps with 24+ civs in this mod? I just read the description, and am interested - it looks great :D

strategyonly
Aug 18, 2009, 08:19 PM
I have this thread and im told write this to you: please open my games\beyond the sword\civilizationIV.ini and set all items with log in their name from 0 to 1 (just search for log and set all 0 to 1) then save the .ini file and start the mod - start a play now game if possible, close the game and post all items in my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file attachment here.

The thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=332149

OK, do what Ori said and post here then, but i mainly think its just a "where did you put the mod" problem. It has to be in the same place as AfterWorld, Road to War, etc.

Anybody else out there using Civ4 Complete can comment on this also.

Just make sure your running this in "English" version. And under Administrator privileges.

Are there any Earth maps with 24+ civs in this mod? I just read the description, and am interested - it looks great :D

Yes some of the maps i have there are more than 18 civs, but since i dont use a dll, you'd have to find the correct dll you want to use and place it in the Assets area inorder to use more than the 18 civ game.

Pooluke41
Aug 19, 2009, 10:07 AM
here it is 225036

JackOniell
Aug 25, 2009, 12:14 AM
I removed the Resources folder because i was getting the GFC error as the instructions below tell me to do. Does removing the resources folder do anything adverse? Will i be missing resources or graphics? heh.

When a person gets a GFC error means they put the mod in the wrong place. Best thing to do it just go into the files and completely delete the folder next to the Assets and PublicMaps one called Resources. Then go into the folder called Assets and then XML, look for the folder that says Art. Open that folder and there is a file called: CIV4ArtDefines_Misc, just take out the words before
Resource/Civ4.thm, it next to the bottom of the page, it should look like this when your done:
<MiscArtInfo>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

save that and just play the game normally then.

The Profleth
Aug 26, 2009, 07:50 PM
I keep getting CTD for no reason that I can confirm and I has varied in time, sometimes it will be late game or very recently after having to start a new game it did it again. I am only at 580 AD I will attach my save to this post the save is at year 560 at the end of my turn. Please someone try to help me. :cry:

strategyonly
Aug 26, 2009, 10:31 PM
I keep getting CTD for no reason that I can confirm and I has varied in time, sometimes it will be late game or very recently after having to start a new game it did it again. I am only at 580 AD I will attach my save to this post the save is at year 560 at the end of my turn. Please someone try to help me. :cry:

You must have changed something, cause it keeps saying its write protected, so i cant help at this point, sorry.:( With 004 there should be NO crashes besides the MAFs and the just plain cant explain ones.

Try saving it in the WB format. One turn before the crash.

PreLynMax
Aug 26, 2009, 11:38 PM
I can't download it :cry::cry:

You didn't put a link up under "DOWNLOAD HERE"

strategyonly
Aug 27, 2009, 12:08 AM
I can't download it :cry::cry:

You didn't put a link up under "DOWNLOAD HERE"

Just go alittle lower to here:

Make sure you have your Desktop on 1024X768 before starting a game.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10494

I have to put the info before the d/l is all.

strategyonly
Aug 27, 2009, 02:16 PM
I have been going thru alot of python lately and found out that some of the random crashes (no explanation why, i believe its because of the Random Number that is being called) have been happening. Here is what you need to do:

1. Delete these files from the EntryPoints python folder: FortAttack and MyModUtils.
2. Delete the folder: MongolCamp
3. Replace/Override the attached file in the python: CvEventManager

The Profleth
Aug 27, 2009, 03:56 PM
I hope this works because I LOVE this mod and how you stopped my MAC failures by taking away the extra civs.

BTW I think you should replace the education section with military if you had to replace one civic area.

The Profleth
Sep 01, 2009, 06:03 PM
Nope no changes after starting a new game it still crashes. Will attach a save game 1 turn before crashing.

strategyonly
Sep 01, 2009, 06:12 PM
Nope no changes after starting a new game it still crashes. Will attach a save game 1 turn before crashing.

If you re-load it with autostart on the last one saved does it still crash there or go on? Sometimes Civ4 has some hiccups.

EDIT: OK i tried it out and i went 6 more turns withOUT any problems??

The Profleth
Sep 02, 2009, 06:41 PM
Well I will try that.
of topic
What you don't like espionage and culture? (according to screen shots)

strategyonly
Sep 03, 2009, 12:46 AM
Well I will try that.
of topic
What you don't like espionage and culture? (according to screen shots)

Nope i never play with either one of them on, not until Future era is researched.

EDIT: btw, i just found out that SOME building RE-appear once you end a game and restart it?? I have no ideas what the heck is going on there, sorry, guys/gals.

The Profleth
Sep 04, 2009, 04:16 PM
Well culture is really for if you are far in the game, but espionage is my favorite part of civ, it may not be implemented very well but it sure is cool being able to see what the enemy is building and researching.

LordofDarkness
Sep 06, 2009, 02:42 AM
Hi, I downloaded the mod, seems great, but like many people ,I got the missing GUI issue, I checked the solution but me being a total computer novice at this kinda stuff, I didn't get it. Could someone explain to me step by step how to fix this thing? I have Windows XP. Thanks.

strategyonly
Sep 06, 2009, 04:39 AM
Hi, I downloaded the mod, seems great, but like many people ,I got the missing GUI issue, I checked the solution but me being a total computer novice at this kinda stuff, I didn't get it. Could someone explain to me step by step how to fix this thing? I have Windows XP. Thanks.

Thx for trying this mod, here's what i had posted, if you need more help, just ask.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8229320&postcount=503

LordofDarkness
Sep 06, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thx for trying this mod, here's what i had posted, if you need more help, just ask.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8229320&postcount=503
Hmm, I tried what you told that user in that post, but now I get the unable to load primary theme error.

strategyonly
Sep 06, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hmm, I tried what you told that user in that post, but now I get the unable to load primary theme error.

HUH?, did you change the XML file in the ArtDefines are, Misc XML to :

<MiscArtInfo>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

you should be able to use that, its the original one.

Also make sure you completely delete the Resource FOLDER next to Assets FOLDER.

LordofDarkness
Sep 06, 2009, 04:09 PM
HUH?, did you change the XML file in the ArtDefines are, Misc XML to :

<MiscArtInfo>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

you should be able to use that, its the original one.

Also make sure you completely delete the Resource FOLDER next to Assets FOLDER.

I did that. Still says "GFC Failed to initialize primary theme".
This stupid no interface bug is really annoying.

strategyonly
Sep 06, 2009, 08:51 PM
I did that. Still says "GFC Failed to initialize primary theme".
This stupid no interface bug is really annoying.

NO offense but thats all that CAN cause a GFC failure.:(

I hope you got the right resource folder, and not the one in the terrain area?

LordofDarkness
Sep 06, 2009, 09:34 PM
There's supposed to be two resource folders? Because I didn't see more than one. The one I deleted was under Assets. So I guess this means messing with the registry? That's something I have no clue how to do.

strategyonly
Sep 06, 2009, 10:28 PM
There's supposed to be two resource folders? Because I didn't see more than one. The one I deleted was under Assets. So I guess this means messing with the registry? That's something I have no clue how to do.

No, No, No, PHEW, the one in the terrain one BELONGS there, just the one NEXT to the Assets folder is the one to delete. If it still has a GFC failure, the only cause i can think of its in the wrong directory, in the C drive. It should be in the same folder as AfterWorld, RtW etc. If you done all that, i have NO clue then.:blush:

LordofDarkness
Sep 06, 2009, 10:42 PM
No, No, No, PHEW, the one in the terrain one BELONGS there, just the one NEXT to the Assets folder is the one to delete. If it still has a GFC failure, the only cause i can think of its in the wrong directory, in the C drive. It should be in the same folder as AfterWorld, RtW etc. If you done all that, i have NO clue then.:blush:

I see, but I don't have a resource folder in terrain, just the one under assets, in this version of next war is there supposed to have a read me? I only see one which is the Barbarian Civ file. I also checked Azzer's post of the my original issue and checked my registry. Civ 4 and Warlords don't have installdir but BTS, colonization, and complete do. Any ideas on what to do?

The Profleth
Sep 07, 2009, 12:48 AM
You could if in doubt Delete the Next War Advanced and install it again. If you are sure you did everything right and everything Strategyonly said to do then uninstall and reinstall Civ4 Bts and go through that process.

Nigholith
Sep 12, 2009, 09:03 AM
I'm having problems with Memory Allocation Failures in a late huge game. The game always crashes at around 1.15 GB memory usage, with total system usage well below the 2GB cap mentioned in your first post. I've also attempted the solution mentioned ("OptIn /3GB /Userva=2900" boot option) without success.

So far as I'm aware, I've never had this problem with any other mod; even when they far surpass 1.15GB memory usage.

strategyonly
Sep 12, 2009, 09:42 AM
So far as I'm aware, I've never had this problem with any other mod; even when they far surpass 1.15GB memory usage.

Actually thats quite common, cause this is a HUGE mod. I recommend never to play more than 11 civs on a large map, unless you have a NEW SUPER core 64 bit computer.:blush: Plus it depends on your graphics card(s) also. You have to remember this is almost 1GB in size for a mod.

I'm having problems with Memory Allocation Failures in a late huge game. The game always crashes at around 1.15 GB memory usage, with total system usage well below the 2GB cap mentioned in your first post. I've also attempted the solution mentioned ("OptIn /3GB /Userva=2900" boot option) without success.

Plus if you have a crash with Userva=2900, like i did, i have lowered mine down to 2700 and sometimes even down to 2400. WITH lower graphics ON in Civ4. And i still get the same thing as you, i still have the old AGP graphics card and a 2006 puter. Mainly cause i cant afford a 64X bit computer, but i wish i had one.:p Also when doing something like this to ALWAYS back-up your system.

Sorry, but thx for writing and trying this mod out.;)

btw Welcome to CFC.

DavidB1111
Sep 12, 2009, 10:14 AM
Oddly enough, with my 2 gigs of ram, playing a normal map, my saves never get above 270- 310 KB.
The amount of memory used by this mod has never gone above 500K either.

Perhaps the people who are having problems are trying to run gigantic maps with over 9000! civs on it. :)

Nigholith
Sep 12, 2009, 11:51 AM
Plus if you have a crash with Userva=2900, like i did, i have lowered mine down to 2700 and sometimes even down to 2400. WITH lower graphics ON in Civ4. And i still get the same thing as you, i still have the old AGP graphics card and a 2006 puter. Mainly cause i cant afford a 64X bit computer, but i wish i had one.:p Also when doing something like this to ALWAYS back-up your system.
Tried reducing the Userva, but for some reason or another if I leave more memory to the system than the memory capacity of my graphics card, the GPU forms a massive memory hole and eventually crashes. Equally if I set Userva to or lower than the GPU memory capacity, I quickly end up with the GPU running out of memory during the game; I assume because, for whatever reason, it needs to shadow its memory usage to the system RAM, which is then cut in half with Userva thanks to the system core usage.

So I guess the only option left if I want to keep playing this saved game is to turn off the 3GB switch and try to reduce the memory the game uses by attempting to remove AI players.

What I don't understand is: Why does turning on the 3GB switch normally fix the problem, when for me the game crashed well below the system using 2GB total memory?

DavidB1111
Sep 16, 2009, 10:23 AM
Whoa! Stop the presses. It should not cost 617 gold to turn a Crusader into a bloody Rifleman. Please fix this obvious oversight in prices, or I'll be very unhappy.

No one can get enough money to convert a group of anything to another rank at this rate, no one!
Seriously, are you telling me to spam Great Merchants until I have 50000 gold? Because that's pretty broken, on a high order.

Anyhow, let me know how to fix it if you don't think it's broken, which it is.

Also, the Great Scientist's Academies should never become obsolete. That's just bad.

What the heck, Thessolonia of the Bzantium has an impossible 305 Defense rating. Nothing should grant that!

CiverDan1
Sep 21, 2009, 01:25 PM
I agree about hating the acadamies becomes obsolete. Couple other issues:

Ports: Shouldn't the better ports replace the habor, port, etc. and not simply stack with them?
Modern Granaries: Another stacking issue. 80% of the food box gets filled with both buildings built.
Freight: I built one and it only transferred ~90 hammers to the other city?

DoubleRD77
Sep 22, 2009, 07:33 AM
Where is version .5, I want to play it now. Please have an updated version by the weekend so I can play it.

strategyonly
Sep 22, 2009, 09:24 AM
Where is version .5, I want to play it now. Please have an updated version by the weekend so I can play it.

ahaha, NOT, i have been working like four hours a day for this version, am having all kinds of trouble.:mad:
I am waiting for alot of things to work correctly together and i just cant get them to work correctly, right now.:(
From what i can figure this will be the best oen yet after i am done, so patients, my friend, patients.:p

From what i can figure so far, it will take about another month or so, sorry. Then maybe another after that, all depends, on what i am adding, cause right now i am getting SOME feedback, but not MUCH, and i need ALL kinds of feedback, to make this better.;)

DoubleRD77
Sep 22, 2009, 09:40 AM
You are not going to get rid of the introduction song to .004 are you? That is the best part and most important part of the game.

strategyonly
Sep 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
You are not going to get rid of the introduction song to .004 are you? That is the best part and most important part of the game.

More than likely, i have a different one each time, I am thinking the Lone Ranger(need more ideas here also in midi only pls), but i always leave the old ones there, so if you dont like it, you could change it, its really really easy to do.:p

myatt123
Sep 25, 2009, 12:50 AM
im probly just being stupid but theres some weird things with the 1 on my computer on this mod
- When i start a game theres no bottom bar so i cant do anything but move
- When i pressed ctrl-w to go to world builder in a game, i couldnt do anything because the box was empty
- i cant go on civilopedia, hall of fame or options

how do i fix this problem?

Arian
Sep 25, 2009, 06:00 PM
@Strat:

I've run your Python through the IDLE Python Editor (attached)
Only the files dated 26/9/9 had indentation errors.
I hope this will help. I recommend to back-up your original files :)

myatt123
Sep 26, 2009, 01:36 AM
that worked. thanks alot :)

strategyonly
Oct 03, 2009, 11:07 PM
Someone said that building have been disappearing.

Here is SOME incite on that problem, its a Civ4 problem.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=335153

strategyonly
Oct 13, 2009, 03:33 AM
OK Version 5 is now out, more or less a Beta but could be Alpha?

When you download, you will find TWO (2) Folders there, place BOTH in the MOD folder, cause without the other one the Great Person pics will NOT work correctly for some reason, trying to figure it out, There is only dds files in the other folder, but again withOUT it the GP will not work correctly.:crazyeye:

(So you will find one folder named Next War Advanced and the other Beginning.):confused::rolleyes:

If someone could figure this out, i'd appreciate it, but as of now you MUST have both folder in use and together.

forkicks
Oct 17, 2009, 02:09 PM
Since you asked for feedback, i'd like to point out some things i have stumbled upon, while using 0.5:

-While having the Slavery civic, every combat anywhere in the map, even if im not involved, will produce slaves for my empire. I kept getting new units appearing all over the map and quickly draining all the money to support them. This is obviously bugged, as only my combats should award me slaves. Also, killing animals gives me human slaves. Neat, but not very right.

-Again under slavery civic, when i get slaves and upgrade them to worker, there is no "Automate" function available. I love this way of getting more troops/workers/whatever, but micromanage them all is tiresome. I end up just killing all my slaves.

-Also, while i love the idea of more research items available, the mod is just bloated by them. They just go by every couple of turns, without allowing any time to implement properly. Its a bit like MOO3, where you just pick one from the research list and dont really care about what it does anymore. Its just another one. Maybe slow down research a bit at the start, or give more turns early on - maybe double them - to make it possible to actually use any benefit from research. The problem is that the 5% benefits, or even 15% benefits feel too unimportant to matter much. I know your idea is a good one, give more to the game - and i like it - but it may not be properly balanced yet.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents, big thanks for a nice mod.

[Edit: Im playing on Marathon, starting on the first epoch, on the biggest available map size.]

ja8cfl
Oct 24, 2009, 12:02 PM
Hi and thanks for this great mod, version 005 seems to have fixed several of the CTD issues I was experiencing with 004.

Haven't had a chance to play to the end of the tech tree again yet, but I can say that restricting the number of snipers is a definite improvement as they were considerably overpowered previously.

A possible alternative that my friends and I were using was imposing a limit of 10 (for large/huge maps) and to alter the unit stats removing the double turn and increasing the ranged attack strength to ~400% of the base strength, effectively allowing a single shot kill against stronger units

Additionally I believe the AI needs some adjustment as it tends to build only cottage economies and not food related buildings and technologies allowing a considerable population advantage from an early stage.

I also think the additional upkeep cost for militia units should be increased as although they are relatively weak they can be used to devestating effect when rushing early from an industrial start etc.

Anyway thanks again for all the work. I have mirrored the download on rapidshare as filefront is very, very slow for European users, please let me know if this is a problem and I will remove it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/296190823/NWA005.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/296215839/NWA005.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/296445326/NWA005.part3.rar

emril
Oct 27, 2009, 12:45 AM
first off, thanks for the great modpack. i seem to be having issues with version 5. everytime i try to load the mod, i get a CTD. i had no problems with version 4. i am running 64 bit vista, and did run civ iv as an administrator. both folders have been placed in the beyond the sword mod folder. any advice would be greatly appreciated. and again, thanks for the great mod.

strategyonly
Oct 27, 2009, 07:39 AM
first off, thanks for the great modpack. i seem to be having issues with version 5. everytime i try to load the mod, i get a CTD. i had no problems with version 4. i am running 64 bit vista, and did run civ iv as an administrator. both folders have been placed in the beyond the sword mod folder. any advice would be greatly appreciated. and again, thanks for the great mod.

Did you change anything at all?

emril
Oct 27, 2009, 12:50 PM
the only thing that changed was going from version 4 to version 5. no major updates were done to my computer, nothing like that. i had just finished off a version 4 game yesterday with zero issues. then i tried version 5, and i get the CTDs. the mod never loads. i am totally bewildered, it doesn't make sense at all. i am very excited to play this version as i have been a big fan of your work for awhile. So any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

strategyonly
Oct 27, 2009, 03:24 PM
the only thing that changed was going from version 4 to version 5. no major updates were done to my computer, nothing like that. i had just finished off a version 4 game yesterday with zero issues. then i tried version 5, and i get the CTDs. the mod never loads. i am totally bewildered, it doesn't make sense at all. i am very excited to play this version as i have been a big fan of your work for awhile. So any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Well if you didnt change anything at all, then you might have gotten a BAD d/l.
Just re-d/l and see if that helps?:rolleyes:

emril
Oct 28, 2009, 01:17 AM
re d/l did not solve the problem. here is the information the CTD provided.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48310000
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a86d7dd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0007c460
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 3164
Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
Additional Information 3: 5f87
Additional Information 4: 01bff28ec018e5af7a10ed0e25a03bbf

and again thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

strategyonly
Oct 28, 2009, 02:06 AM
re d/l did not solve the problem. here is the information the CTD provided.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Timestamp: 48310000
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a86d7dd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0007c460
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 3164
Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
Additional Information 3: 5f87
Additional Information 4: 01bff28ec018e5af7a10ed0e25a03bbf

and again thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

YEAH, what he said below., and THX or removing the dll.

phungus420
Oct 28, 2009, 02:48 AM

That means you're not patched to 3.19. You need to update BtS.

BtS 3.19 patch (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12576)

emril
Oct 28, 2009, 05:49 AM
removing the DLL worked. thanks again i really appreciate it!

Vasudan Ace
Oct 31, 2009, 10:41 PM
Love the mod...
...hate the MAF

JanusTalaiini
Nov 03, 2009, 12:16 PM
What causes the "all this tree-hugging is driving me crazy" happiness penalty? I've got -5 happy in my capital from that in the ancient era, and it's pretty crippling.

Tholish
Nov 04, 2009, 10:48 AM
This mod looks really great, seems to have a lot going for it. Lots of stuff in it, polish, good gameplay design. I got this crash.

cr0ws
Nov 05, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hi strategyonly!

Can you please upload NWA mod to another server...Filefront wont initiate for me. :(

strategyonly
Nov 05, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hi strategyonly!

Can you please upload NWA mod to another server...Filefront wont initiate for me. :(

Yes i will, because this will be the LAST it will look like the way it does, in 006 it will change COMPLETELY different.:D

I will be asking which EXTRA units and modcomps you'd like to keep, that will be different from RoM 2.8 mod.:p

It will take about 2 hours to load.:blush:

EDIT: OK Atomic Gamer has the Version 005 d/l. (See first page)

Vasudan Ace
Nov 05, 2009, 03:42 PM
Will the MAF issue be addressed?

Somehow, I can play a full game of R&F in the modern age without MAF

cr0ws
Nov 06, 2009, 01:36 PM
Thank you Strategyonly! This link works good!

As far as changes to your mod, maybe you can add 50 AI mod? 18 is just too little!

strategyonly
Nov 07, 2009, 12:01 AM
Thank you Strategyonly! This link works good!
As far as changes to your mod, maybe you can add 50 AI mod? 18 is just too little!

Your Welcome and yes.

Will the MAF issue be addressed?
Somehow, I can play a full game of R&F in the modern age without MAF

Dont know what R&F is, but yes, but wait times will be looooong in-between turns. Sometimes you will have to wait 3-5 minutes just for one turn(s), its because of the Firaxis core, its just too old.

Vasudan Ace
Nov 09, 2009, 05:23 PM
Rise and Fall of Civilization

and hell, it's better than the wait time to manually load the game again. XD

cr0ws
Nov 11, 2009, 04:04 PM
Rise and Fall of Civilization

and hell, it's better than the wait time to manually load the game again. XD

You can't go comparing a 42 MBish "mod" to this MOD of so much content.

Vasudan Ace
Nov 12, 2009, 04:19 PM
So it has to do with the data, not so much the number of players the computer has to run?

strategyonly
Nov 27, 2009, 02:33 PM
OK i have a list of OPENING MENU songs, which one would you like to have in there?

American Bandstand
Big Bad John
Born to be Wild
Dont Fear the Reaper
Hawaii 50
House of the Rising Sun
JC Superstar
RawHide
Secret Agent Man
SGT Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Smashing Pumpkins
Whip It
Wild Thing
Wipe Out
Star Spangled Banner

These are in MIDI form, so no copyright stuff needed.

DavidB1111
Nov 27, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not certain which one I would want. :)

All I know, is that this is an awesome mod.
Rise of Mankind, Fictionization, Fall Further, Better Tomorrow, and this one are my all time favorites.
And of course, the Visa Mod for warlords.

Please keep it on the file Front mirror next time, because AtomicGamer will never let me download from them.
Er, never mind.

Camber
Nov 29, 2009, 09:17 AM
Eusebius' religion mod would be my top request for inclusion. It's the best one out there for religions, but he hasn't yet updated it to BtS (still just Warlords).

strategyonly
Dec 15, 2009, 12:15 AM
Version 006 is NOW out.;)

Asthix
Dec 15, 2009, 05:44 AM
Woot! Been away since v.3, can't wait to try the new one. Keep up the good work!

i_diavolorosso
Dec 15, 2009, 07:24 PM
Are there any mirror for the newest version?
downloading a 700mb file in an atomic gamer is a little ehm tormenting:sad:

strategyonly
Dec 16, 2009, 04:21 AM
Are there any mirror for the newest version?
downloading a 700mb file in an atomic gamer is a little ehm tormenting:sad:

Not at the moment any probably not later either, just takes to long to upload.

Almost forgot: (Everyone)

You canNOT play anything Below No Espionage in the starting options of any game.

Asthix
Dec 24, 2009, 10:04 AM
Happy Mauer Day!:groucho::snowcool::xtree:[party]
Here's hoping we make him a career Twin.
Also, did you hear they're (the Twins) airing an animated spot during the super bowl?

SHADOW-XIII
Dec 25, 2009, 07:50 AM
unfortunately mod crashes (or/and MAF) just after starting ...

unplayable for me :(

strategyonly
Dec 25, 2009, 10:11 AM
Woot! Been away since v.3, can't wait to try the new one. Keep up the good work!

If you've been gone that long it would be better if you played 005 first.

http://www.filefront.com/14713533/Next-War-Advanced.rar/

unfortunately mod crashes (or/and MAF) just after starting ...

unplayable for me :(

Make sure you read the FAQ's and install area.

SHADOW-XIII
Dec 26, 2009, 02:03 PM
yes, it works! i had to manual set up virtual mem limit (to 4gb) as NWA took over 2GB virtual mem itself - that could be the issue

alexd
Dec 27, 2009, 07:18 AM
The mod doesn't work for me as well. It crashes even not starting. I have tried to increase virtual memory limit to 4G, like SHADOW-XIII said, but it gave no effect.
Is there something that could be done to make it working?

P.S. Windows XP, 2G memory.

strategyonly
Dec 27, 2009, 07:48 AM
The mod doesn't work for me as well. It crashes even not starting. I have tried to increase virtual memory limit to 4G, like SHADOW-XIII said, but it gave no effect.
Is there something that could be done to make it working?

P.S. Windows XP, 2G memory.

You got to make sure you have it in the mods area to work correctly, NOT My Documents area.

alexd
Dec 27, 2009, 08:17 AM
I have found a mistake. It was my fault, I had forgotten to update BtS to 3.19. Now it starts but!

When I see NWA main sreen there are no any menu options so that I can't start a game. Looks like it is just not depicted but clickable.
To solve the issue I removed Strategyonly mod from Modules. V006.

P.S. I saw that your mod icludes RoM 2.81. Does it mean that Better AI is included as well?

Thank you for your support.

Asthix
Dec 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
Just letting you know I downloaded v.005 yesterday (been finishing up my 3.17 games) and it unzipped fine & started right up.

alexd
Dec 27, 2009, 10:42 AM
Asthil, thx for the information. I had played 005 as well before and had no issues with. But now 006 has that strange menu problem in my case.

strategyonly
Dec 27, 2009, 05:01 PM
I have found a mistake. It was my fault, I had forgotten to update BtS to 3.19. Now it starts but!
When I see NWA main screen there are no any menu options so that I can't start a game. Looks like it is just not depicted but click-able.
To solve the issue I removed Strategyonly mod from Modules. V006.
P.S. I saw that your mod includes RoM 2.81. Does it mean that Better AI is included as well?
Thank you for your support.

It might just be the red theme that is causing the problem, just put back the folder in and just take out the red theme and try it then. It is set up except for the python for 2.81.

alexd
Dec 28, 2009, 03:41 AM
I have deleted this folder "Next War Advanced\Assets\Modules\Strategyonly\Red Theme\Resource\Themes" and it works. There is no red theme but at least I can see the menu.

Although V005 works perfect. And on my second PC V006 works w/o any troubles. But on my lappy red theme doesn't work.

And what about Better AI? Is it included or not? And will it work if I copy better AI to the Beyond the sword folder?

Thanks.

strategyonly
Dec 28, 2009, 04:58 AM
I have deleted this folder "Next War Advanced\Assets\Modules\Strategyonly\Red Theme\Resource\Themes" and it works. There is no red theme but at least I can see the menu.

Although V005 works perfect. And on my second PC V006 works w/o any troubles. But on my lappy red theme doesn't work.

And what about Better AI? Is it included or not? And will it work if I copy better AI to the Beyond the sword folder?

Thanks.

Good to know, Better AI will work if put it in but dont change the dll, well at least i hope so, its all set up to work at least. I know NOTHING about dll stuff, sorry.:(

alexd
Dec 29, 2009, 07:21 AM
What if I replace NWA CvGameCoreDLL.dll with better AI CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Will NWA still work or not? Is there any possibility to get Better AI working?

I had tried to copy Better AI to BTS, but I then realized that it will not work since your MOD has its own CvGameCoreDLL.dll which is most probably w/o Better AI.

I like your MOD, but as to me the only thing it is missing is Better AI.

I also saw that you mentioned that RoM 2.8 is incorporated partly by NWA. If CvGameCoreDLL.dll is from RoM? If it is so then I recon Better AI is already inside?

strategyonly
Dec 29, 2009, 07:28 AM
What if I replace NWA CvGameCoreDLL.dll with better AI CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Will NWA still work or not? Is there any possibility to get Better AI working?

I had tried to copy Better AI to BTS, but I then realized that it will not work since your MOD has its own CvGameCoreDLL.dll which is most probably w/o Better AI.

I like your MOD, but as to me the only thing it is missing is Better AI.

I also saw that you mentioned that RoM 2.8 is incorporated partly by NWA. If CvGameCoreDLL.dll is from RoM? If it is so then I recon Better AI is already inside?

1. No
2. Yes
3. Best thing to do is look at RoM FEATURES and see if it is already included, i really didnt look at that part, sorry:blush:. But i am almost certain that it is included already.

alexd
Dec 29, 2009, 08:15 AM
Yes, RoM 2.81 has Better AI 0.82J.

Thank you Strategyonly, GOOD work - GOOD mod! And the most awesome thing is that NWA is multiplayer playable.

Benonni Soulbur
Dec 29, 2009, 11:26 AM
Strategy,

First, your stuff rocks and I want to thank you for all the time you have obviously put into Next War Advanced. I have spent many hours playing the first 5 versions and am anxious to play v6. Which leads me to my question... I am able to run the game on my computer just fine, but on my wife's (we play multiplayer) I get a CTD everytime the mod is loading. It always happens when the screen says "[Next War Advanced] Init XML (uncached)". We have the resolution at 1024X768 and the mod is in the right folder. I even tried increasing the virtual memory limit like SHADOW-XIII, but no luck. The computer has 4 GB of RAM and is running Win7. Any ideas on anything else I could try?

Thanks again,
Benonni

DarylTX
Dec 29, 2009, 07:07 PM
I did downloaded the mod, and I am able to run it fine. Everytime I play, the game will end like within 10 to 20 turns to Scientific Victory. I don't know what I do wrong here, and any idea what I should do here. Thanks.

strategyonly
Dec 29, 2009, 10:52 PM
I did downloaded the mod, and I am able to run it fine. Everytime I play, the game will end like within 10 to 20 turns to Scientific Victory. I don't know what I do wrong here, and any idea what I should do here. Thanks.

OH crap, i am sorry i forgot you cant use Scientific Victory sorry, because i had to take to much python out of RoM , sorry guys, i sometimes get a Brain F_rt.:(

alexd
Dec 30, 2009, 02:56 AM
DaryITX, I had the same till I switched off that victory option.

alexd
Dec 30, 2009, 03:01 AM
Strategyonly,

1. I have found what causes troubles with main menu. It happens always if I put something or take out something from "Modules" folder. Any ideas how to cure that? (I really wish to have realistic diplomacy)

2. I found a bug on my second PC, when I switch on multiple units mode then Pantera unit is depicted in a funny way, that is, 1 Pantera and 2 big red balls :)

strategyonly
Dec 30, 2009, 05:52 AM
Strategyonly,

1. I have found what causes troubles with main menu. It happens always if I put something or take out something from "Modules" folder. Any ideas how to cure that? (I really wish to have realistic diplomacy)

2. I found a bug on my second PC, when I switch on multiple units mode then Pantera unit is depicted in a funny way, that is, 1 Pantera and 2 big red balls :)

1. Ok RD has to be put into the Afforess folder and this
<Module>
<Directory>Realistic Diplomacy</Directory>
<bLoad>0</bLoad>
</Module>

changed to this in the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls:
<Module>
<Directory>Realistic Diplomacy</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

other than that is should work.

2. I dont know what the Pantera unit is:confused:

alexd
Dec 30, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hi,

1. I have tried, but when I put RD folder into any folder inside Modules folder I lose main menu :sad:

2. I meant Panther. Look at pictures, I've attached a couple of screenshoots.

strategyonly
Dec 30, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hi,

1. I have tried, but when I put RD folder into any folder inside Modules folder I lose main menu :sad:

2. I meant Panther. Look at pictures, I've attached a couple of screenshoots.

Where are you putting the mod folder? Cause i know that cant happen.:crazyeye:

alexd
Dec 31, 2009, 02:01 AM
I put it here D:\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced

I would say that the trouble with main menu has random appearance... sometimes it is, but more often it is not appearing.

BTW, may be I should try to use V005 approach with red scheme - not via Modules? Which file I should change that Resource folder would be in use rather then strategyonly in Modules?

strategyonly
Dec 31, 2009, 03:17 AM
I put it here D:\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced

I would say that the trouble with main menu has random appearance... sometimes it is, but more often it is not appearing.

BTW, may be I should try to use V005 approach with red scheme - not via Modules? Which file I should change that Resource folder would be in use rather then strategyonly in Modules?

In MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls, change this (in the Modules area):

<Module>
<Directory>Strategyonly</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

to this:

<Module>
<Directory>Strategyonly</Directory>
<bLoad>0</bLoad>
</Module>

And see if it runs that way first.

alexd
Dec 31, 2009, 07:50 AM
No, it doesn't work. I believe it is not related to the Red Scheme... it is something other for sure

BTW, in addition, it doesn't work as multiplayer. If you disconect from a server and then traying to connect back is says "failed uncompress data" and crash to desktop.

strategyonly
Dec 31, 2009, 03:49 PM
OK here is one of the problems i fixed, use this to override. (In this NWA mod ONLY!!).

alexd
Jan 01, 2010, 03:08 AM
That is the Panther related issue?

And about MP, I checked other mods with RevDCM2.61 and they have completely broken MP. as well with behavior like described above. So taking RoM 2.81 you got this "infection" as well since RoM 2.81 has RevDCM 2.61.

defected
Jan 02, 2010, 10:49 PM
That is the Panther related issue?

And about MP, I checked other mods with RevDCM2.61 and they have completely broken MP. as well with behavior like described above. So taking RoM 2.81 you got this "infection" as well since RoM 2.81 has RevDCM 2.61.

Is there any way RevDCM could be taken out of this mod. Me and a friend have been trying to play RoM or next war advanced for months now, but we always get oos errors.

jamiew
Jan 08, 2010, 03:02 PM
Strategyonly,

I am sorry for this request but I am having an issue with using this mod (and others). I have read Post #8 but don't think it helps me...i am a bit of a neophyte in this stuff. I have downloaded the mod, extracted it and put it into a folder in the mods folder. I can open the game and under advanced see it. i load it and play it. The only problem is that its not really a new mod but the same as the basic Civ4 Complete edition (BTS). there isn't anything new. I have had the same issue with other downloads(marble worked though). Its gotta be a set up but I don't know. Any help???

jamiew

strategyonly
Jan 08, 2010, 03:04 PM
Strategyonly,

I am sorry for this request but I am having an issue with using this mod (and others). I have read Post #8 but don't think it helps me...i am a bit of a neophyte in this stuff. I have downloaded the mod, extracted it and put it into a folder in the mods folder. I can open the game and under advanced see it. i load it and play it. The only problem is that its not really a new mod but the same as the basic Civ4 Complete edition (BTS). there isn't anything new. I have had the same issue with other downloads(marble worked though). Its gotta be a set up but I don't know. Any help???

jamiew

Have you updated to 3.19?

btw Welcome to CFC.

jamiew
Jan 08, 2010, 03:09 PM
yes and maybe. I should check. I had BTS and had it updated. I got the complete version recently and didn't update it (assumed it had been since I only recently got it.)

Vashen
Jan 08, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hey thank you for your continued work on the mod, it is gotten to the point where it could be called Civ V :-) I am amazed that you had managed to integrate so many great features into the next war scheme (yay for Revolutions!).

I see you already addressed the panther bug, there is another one I can report:
Shinto religion movie always causes a an error message & if I dont spam ESC before the movie pops I would have to kill the game task.

Also what happened to the map-generation types? I always preferred fractal maps & now it always makes a huge land mass to deploy all civilizations on and another continent to colonize.

I have sort of a wish-list for next version/update, but I am at 500AD would like to test out every aspect of the new version of your mod before I post them. Btw why is it AD/BC instead of BCE and CE ? Surely in the game where emphasis is placed on the fact that no religion is superior time references do not need to be based on time-line of one religion.

In any case thank you for the great mod!

JEELEN
Jan 09, 2010, 12:19 AM
Tried out the mod the other day and it looks impressive. Some comments:

- several added religions were founded but no Holy City appeared
- certain religions that normally give a free Missionary don't (Hinduism doesn't, not does Buddhism; Voodoo apparently does and the Voodoo founding Arabs started immediately to convert any civ they came into contact with)
- got a CTD when founding Shinto
- you might want to add some detailed instructions on the DL page and/or post #1 as long as the "religion issue" isn't fixed (I played without the Choose Religion option, as I only read about it on this thread after I started a game and wanted to see how far I got: 100+ turns, as it turned out)
- noticed a map originally created by me for ROM, so you might want to add me to your credits list (the 18 civ preset map, to be exact).

The concept is amazing - and the mod size huge -, but could use some fine tuning, as it currently looks a bit "messy". Keep it up!:thumbsup:

strategyonly
Jan 09, 2010, 12:51 AM
Tried out the mod the other day and it looks impressive. Some comments:

- several added religions were founded but no Holy City appeared
- certain religions that normally give a free Missionary don't (Hinduism doesn't, not does Buddhism; Voodoo apparently does and the Voodoo founding Arabs started immediately to convert any civ they came into contact with)
- got a CTD when founding Shinto
- you might want to add some detailed instructions on the DL page and/or post #1 as long as the "religion issue" isn't fixed (I played without the Choose Religion option, as I only read about it on this thread after I started a game and wanted to see how far I got: 100+ turns, as it turned out)
- noticed a map originally created by me for ROM, so you might want to add me to your credits list (the 18 civ preset map, to be exact).

The concept is amazing - and the mod size huge -, but could use some fine tuning, as it currently looks a bit "messy". Keep it up!:thumbsup:

Your 1st POST, HUH.

Yeah i know about all that stuff, it really was a BETA test run, it will be ALOT better for the next one, sorry everyone. But 005 is really the best one for now, till 007.:rolleyes: I just wanted to see what comments came out of it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8757027&postcount=666

jamiew
Jan 09, 2010, 04:05 PM
Have you updated to 3.19?

btw Welcome to CFC.
Well, i am updated to 3.19 and still its not there. I load it but when i look at the civilopedia, its not there. on the abut BTS I see civ version 3 19, Save version 302, Build FINAL RELEASE and Mod Name Mods/Next War Advanced.

Anythoughts?

strategyonly
Jan 09, 2010, 05:47 PM
Well, i am updated to 3.19 and still its not there. I load it but when i look at the civilopedia, its not there. on the abut BTS I see civ version 3 19, Save version 302, Build FINAL RELEASE and Mod Name Mods/Next War Advanced.

Anythoughts?

Did you place the mod in the same area as AfterWorld, etc.

jamiew
Jan 09, 2010, 06:48 PM
It was, but I just took everything off my laptop. I am now installing Civ IV gold edition.....

Largoi
Jan 11, 2010, 05:57 AM
Loving the mod, but having some major CTD problems. The two most common ones are bad memory allocation (or something like that) and I'm forced to close CIV. The other is just a straight CTD which usually happens either during the AI's turn just before my turn is about to start or when I try and contact an AI. When I restart I don't have the same problem.

Just wondering if it's something that can easily be fixed by doing something or if it's just my computer that's the problem.

strategyonly
Jan 11, 2010, 06:04 AM
Loving the mod, but having some major CTD problems. The two most common ones are bad memory allocation (or something like that) and I'm forced to close CIV. The other is just a straight CTD which usually happens either during the AI's turn just before my turn is about to start or when I try and contact an AI. When I restart I don't have the same problem.

Just wondering if it's something that can easily be fixed by doing something or if it's just my computer that's the problem.

The memory problem is in the FAQ's, and also the random crashes are addressed.

Thx for trying this mod, and Welcome to CFC.

jamiew
Jan 12, 2010, 05:22 AM
thanks for the help. The mod is great. It is almost a Civ V game. I have the crashing problem too. I'll check out FAQ.

Largoi
Jan 12, 2010, 09:13 AM
Playing a standard size map now, working like a charm.

One possible bug that happened to me was that i got a random ctd a few turns after I built the oracle. So I loaded the autosave which was incidentally the same turn as the oracle was finished building, the game let me choose a free tech but I didn't get one, the game said I had already chosen one, which I know to be false.

SHADOW-XIII
Jan 14, 2010, 03:39 PM
Using 006 and found this:
- town watchmen are pink (to texture)
- city building list is mixed up (bit annoying), would be great to go to standard list sort up (units, buildings, wonders. now is: units, buildings, wonders, buildings, wonders)

oh and, is there any way to remove the world wonder per city limit ?

Faeldrake
Jan 15, 2010, 03:37 PM
Ok, this is the probably buggiest mod I've ever played. Every tie I start a game, multi, single, custom doesn't mater. It always crashes once the game reaches the 'InitGraphics' thing. It once worked, a couple weeks ago, but now it doesn't. Tried to reinstall, tried all configuration, update DirectX everything. Every time it reaches 'InitGraphics' it "Requests to terminate in an unusual way". Please, help me. This mod is awesome and I would love to play it again. I'm on XP Professional, 4GB RAM, Intel Dual something, ATI Radeon HD 4650

amiga500
Jan 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hello,
great respect to your progress but do not upload new and new unfinished and not fully working mods amd make one truly working!:cry:

wish the best..

strategyonly
Jan 17, 2010, 12:38 PM
Sorry about all the mistakes with 006, i was just testing something out, i wanted to use it as a beata, as i stated in an earlier post, but i again forgot (nothing unusual for me). So i guess the best would be stay with 005 till i can get with Zappara and Afforess (and others of course) and get a good product out. His eta isn't till late February for his newer changes and then i can incorporate alot of the stuff i have made changes to.

http://www.filefront.com/14713533/Next-War-Advanced.rar/

volleyballguy79
Jan 17, 2010, 01:15 PM
Still love this mod - it's really the only one I play. Really like the other religions. Keep up the good work!

strategyonly
Jan 29, 2010, 12:57 PM
For ALL you Minnesotan's

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/minnesota-state-of-mind/20j28aqq

Asthix
Jan 30, 2010, 08:37 AM
Haha, wow! Only a Minnesotan would find that awesome. But I am so it totally was!!! :banana:

alright, the christmas smilies are gone!:)

strategyonly
Feb 18, 2010, 12:36 PM
Civ V has been announced:

here's TF's announcement:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354036

strategyonly
Feb 23, 2010, 08:50 AM
OK the new version of beta is out, it has RoM 2.81, AND 1.60 beta 12, and alot more changes included.

cha dawn
Feb 23, 2010, 01:07 PM
What is different between this mod and ROM + AND ?

strategyonly
Feb 23, 2010, 02:36 PM
What is different between this mod and ROM + AND ?

This one has ALOT of differences, for example, i have ALOT more religions added, i have Marauder Promotion for Horse units, i have Espionage promotions for other units, animals can be captured, it has like 20 or more extra civs added, and five more by me(withOUT the MEGA pack), when you have the Charity civic and have reached medieval era you get FREE extra units per worker, etc etc.;)

I just dont want to add to much right now, cause i am waiting for 2.9 from Zappara.

Fortnox
Mar 01, 2010, 04:56 AM
Love your mod man I've been playing v.03 for years, thought I'd try the latest version but it crashes to desktop when I try to run it D: The loading screen appears but before the progress bar goes anywhere it crashes. The only fix I've tried so far is patching BTS to the latest version which hasn't changed anything. I might try v05 you linked to earlier and see if it works

strategyonly
Mar 01, 2010, 05:44 AM
Love your mod man I've been playing v.03 for years, thought I'd try the latest version but it crashes to desktop when I try to run it D: The loading screen appears but before the progress bar goes anywhere it crashes. The only fix I've tried so far is patching BTS to the latest version which hasn't changed anything. I might try v05 you linked to earlier and see if it works

Only way it could crash is because your havent updated to 3.19 or put it in the wrong directory.

Eagle_eye
Mar 01, 2010, 10:42 PM
I have the same issue. When I run the mod it gets as far as loading xml then ctd, without any error message

strategyonly
Mar 01, 2010, 11:36 PM

I have the same issue. When I run the mod it gets as far as loading xml then ctd, without any error message

OK i just downloaded it, installed it, NO PROBLEMS whatsoever??

What are your computer specs, cause it does take a BIG computer to run this, cause it is a HUGE mod.

Eagle_eye
Mar 02, 2010, 12:28 PM
I've got 1.5 terabytes, 4 core processor ZT with windows 7. If it can handle oblivion the sims 3 and civ 4 all running at once, I think it can handle this mod

Fortnox
Mar 02, 2010, 08:02 PM
Over here I'm Windows Vista, dual core some GHZ, DirectX10 500MB Radeon, 500GB HDD.
There must be something we have in common causing this.. 2GB RAM, 2 monitors, 5.1 speakers.. BTS is fully updated.. Can't think of much else

Eagle_eye
Mar 02, 2010, 08:17 PM
Might you have made it for c:/programfiles/firaxis games/civ4/beyond the sword/mods?
because my directory is c:/programfilesx86/2k games/firaxis games/civ 4 gold/beyond the sword/mods.
i rerouted the shortcut to go to there but I simply experience ctd sometime between seeing the loading screen and the xml loading

strategyonly
Mar 02, 2010, 09:12 PM
I have mine set to: (For Win 7)

c:/programfilesx86/firaxis games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Next War Advanced

All i know is that it should be in the same place as AfterWorld/Road to War etc.

if this doesnt help, i am at a loss, sorry:blush:

Eagle_eye
Mar 04, 2010, 01:26 PM
are there any files that must be included from other mods that you forgot to include?

strategyonly
Mar 04, 2010, 03:21 PM
are there any files that must be included from other mods that you forgot to include?

Nope, all i did was add stuff. (Like i said it works perfect for me) Do you have the mod Rise of Mankind?

Eagle_eye
Mar 04, 2010, 03:29 PM
no, I actually started to download it, until I realized it was mostly integrated into this one.

Just to be clear, all that's necessary is to open next war advanced beta.rar, and copy that folder to mods?

I'm gonna recopy it, but if that doesnt work ill just use some other mod. Sorry. Also, I saw that there's a hockey night:)

Eagle_eye
Mar 04, 2010, 03:57 PM
ARHGHAAHHAHAHAHAHA:badcomp::badcomp::badcomp::badc omp::badcomp::badcomp::badcomp::badcomp: All I HAD TO DO WAS RUN AS ADMIN!!!!!

Great Mod though:D:D:D:D

strategyonly
Mar 05, 2010, 02:26 AM
All I HAD TO DO WAS RUN AS ADMIN!!!!!

Great Mod though:D:D:D:D

Oh you betcha, i have that in the FAQ, so i thought you went thru that already,:p

Eagle_eye
Mar 05, 2010, 12:34 PM
yeah, I'm just used to all my programs doing that automatically.

robertb
Mar 16, 2010, 02:03 PM
How do i run as admin ?

damn, can not delete this message. Must read FAQ.....................
read FAQ. Still puzzeled. how to install under win 7......

robertb
Mar 17, 2010, 11:32 AM
First of all. thanks Eagle eye for answering my mail. But unfortuatly i did not solve my problem.
I can not extract the file. I got answer that the path is to long when i try to copy the extracted filer from the desktop or directly into the mod location winrar is unable to find the the path.

I have windows 7 and its seem like that is the problem since my old computer had XP but to weak.

anyone having an idee of solution ?

Damn i really like to start this mod.

strategyonly
Mar 17, 2010, 11:51 AM
How do i run as admin ?

damn, can not delete this message. Must read FAQ.....................
read FAQ. Still puzzled. how to install under win 7......

It explains here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638315%28WS.10%29.aspx

robertb
Mar 17, 2010, 02:03 PM
thanks everyone. My solution to the problem was to convert both the mod and BTS as running for an older version of windows. :D

robertb
Mar 18, 2010, 02:25 AM
Damn, i hade it working yesteday. But trying to boot it up this morning i does not work :(
It start loading and then a lot of silence..... And then nothing.....Once i got the originall BTS loaded, but not the mod.
Anyone have encountered this problem?

strategyonly
Mar 18, 2010, 05:29 AM
Damn, i hade it working yesteday. But trying to boot it up this morning i does not work :(
It start loading and then a lot of silence..... And then nothing.....Once i got the originall BTS loaded, but not the mod.
Anyone have encountered this problem?

You are running it in English right?

robertb
Mar 19, 2010, 01:54 AM
yes i am. Now it is working very nice. It seems that i did not wait long enough. If i wait for like 4-5 min the game starts and now it works perfectly.

And its woooooooooooonderful. I really love it. Its so many things to look at, its almost a new game..... Sometimes i even feel its too much.
And my cites start revolting, DAMN them ;)

strategyonly
Mar 19, 2010, 02:42 AM
yes i am. Now it is working very nice. It seems that i did not wait long enough. If i wait for like 4-5 min the game starts and now it works perfectly.

And its woooooooooooonderful. I really love it. Its so many things to look at, its almost a new game..... Sometimes i even feel its too much.
And my cites start revolting, DAMN them ;)

OH yeah, the FIRST time it loads it takes awhile, but after than if you keep your puter on, its less than a minute each time it loads then, but the FIRST time is a BUMMER, i know.:rolleyes:

robertb
Mar 19, 2010, 07:48 AM
Indeed. but now when i know how it works its no problem any longer :S

Lowfuel1
Mar 20, 2010, 02:58 PM
Ok, I finally got everything extracted and put in the correct folder. When I go to the load a mod section, Next War Advanced is there. When I choose it and try to load the mod, civ iv closes to re-start but never re-starts.

Suggestions?

strategyonly
Mar 20, 2010, 04:27 PM
Ok, I finally got everything extracted and put in the correct folder. When I go to the load a mod section, Next War Advanced is there. When I choose it and try to load the mod, civ iv closes to re-start but never re-starts.

Suggestions?

How long do you wait for it to load, when it loads for the FIRST time it takes between four to five minutes to load, then after that about only 1 minute(if you keep your puter on).

Lowfuel1
Mar 21, 2010, 09:53 AM
How long do you wait for it to load, when it loads for the FIRST time it takes between four to five minutes to load, then after that about only 1 minute(if you keep your puter on).

Longer than that then I get a message that the program has quit working and will close, or something like that.

strategyonly
Mar 21, 2010, 10:16 AM
Longer than that then I get a message that the program has quit working and will close, or something like that.

You might have gotten a bad d/l, try again and see what happens. Make sure your under Run as Admin.

Lowfuel1
Mar 21, 2010, 10:31 AM
You might have gotten a bad d/l, try again and see what happens. Make sure your under Run as Admin.

What does "Run as Admin." mean?

robertb
Mar 21, 2010, 10:59 AM
What OS do you have?

Windows 7 has some features that is supposed to add more security. ( i find it annoying)
Perhaps an english speaking guy can explain better.

robertb
Mar 21, 2010, 11:01 AM
I have played for a very long time now. Everything works nice. Splendid work. :D

One feature i have always missed is mines. Master orion is working on such a mod. Would you be intrested to include that feature in this mod?

Lowfuel1
Mar 21, 2010, 11:06 AM
What OS do you have?

Windows 7 has some features that is supposed to add more security. ( i find it annoying)
Perhaps an english speaking guy can explain better.

Whatever OS was on computers Jan. of '09.

strategyonly
Mar 21, 2010, 11:11 AM
I have played for a very long time now. Everything works nice. Splendid work. :D

One feature i have always missed is mines. Master orion is working on such a mod. Would you be intrested to include that feature in this mod?

Yeah i saw that, but it looks like he ran into ALOT of trouble with it, he might not get it done.

Lowfuel1
Mar 21, 2010, 12:22 PM

ok, deleted the extracted files from first download and re-downloaded. Doing the same thing. Choose to load the mod then when the program starts to re-load, it never reloads and the computer gives me the message that civ iv has quit working.

ideas?

Eagle_eye
Mar 21, 2010, 04:56 PM
right click on civ4
select run as admin from the dropdown
load the mod