View Full Version : With honor

Aug 31, 2008, 01:37 PM
This game is nearly done, but Rob is away doing huricane stuff. I joined the team now that Innovia is dead so I can expedite the MTDG and get a new game started.

I'de like to revive a little interest from former team members for the last few turns so we can have people ready to form teams when the new game starts.

Robs final instructions were to beat on Piffle as far as possable and stay friendly with Epsilon. What say we all?

robboo
Aug 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
I can offer a bit of advice here..

We are taking out the cities of Piffle to the SW. you will find transports in route to the city. We are aiding Epsilon in all aspects of military conquest. I have dropped research adn culture to have cash for upgrades.

To former alohans.. my whole goal has been to try for victory but at least get 2nd. Piffles double cross and their demand for all the techs and gold we had after they got nukes. Sealed their fate. I started moving troops by land to their area. I then contact Epsilon and asked for their support. They gifted me 2 galleons and the transport. In addition they gifted us a bunch of techs. I was shooting for second adn hoping they woudl nuke each other completly dead. This works just as well.

I figure i have 18 more hours of power. anything more is bonus

Love
Aug 31, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm almost just lurking.

Janos Hunyadi
Aug 31, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm new to this whole thing, and I'll help out here, but I'm super interested in setting up another game.

Aug 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
Looks like Aloha is solidly in second place. The only question is how much damage we can inflict on Piffle in the few turns we have left. I'll post screen shots when I get the save but for now here is a little demographic data.

robboo
Sep 01, 2008, 08:11 AM
We think we can take out the last two cities and hopefully Epsilon can also. I got lots of troops comign they just may not get there in time.

Robi D
Sep 04, 2008, 05:53 AM
Good to see we have jumped into second place

Sep 04, 2008, 07:04 AM
Sorry I can't update you on the situation. Robboo says he hates you all and refuses to share the save.

robboo
Sep 04, 2008, 07:53 AM
no quite.... What I said was they sent you the last 5 saves. (I cant get to them BTW since they are on another nonlaptop computer)

As far as teh situtation...did you not read my posts above. We are hitting the sw 2 cities of piffle. If you mean screen shots then the saves they sent to you SHOULD be adequate.

1889 you were not on this team until 2 days ago. NO one wanted to continue and I was playing this game alone for at least teh last 4 months. Do not come in here and suggest that I do not want to share info. in my current state of affairs this is what I can provide.

Sep 04, 2008, 10:13 AM
Na, I'm just kidding Rob. You can play the turns, I just want to post pics and try to bring some folks back to these forums for the start of the new game. I missunderstood your post in the turn tracker and thought you had played a turn.

robboo
Sep 05, 2008, 08:06 AM
Do you have teh 5 saves they sent you. Open the last one p. All I did was move everythign to teh southwest in Piffle. Epsilon and I think we can eleiminate them prior to teh vote becomes official.

power is coming back on around my area. So hopefully we get it soon. I heard reports of up to a week longer, but I suspect based on the area damage we will be quicker than that.

Sep 05, 2008, 07:10 PM
Okay I'll post screenshots tonight. Meanwhile the team can discuss weather it would it be unsportsmanlike to delay the UN vote until Piffle has been eliminated. (Innovia never liked them much either).

robboo
Sep 05, 2008, 08:10 PM
I think Epsilon can vote themselves the win....

Sep 06, 2008, 07:50 AM
Yes I suppose so; UN victory requires 401 votes and Epsilon had 456 before capturing all that Piffle real-estate.

Highlights

1760 Epsilon enters Golden Age.

1765 Piffle declares war on Epsilon and launches 5 nukes.
1765 Epsilon captures Conrovia, Leonidas, and Henryville.
1765 Epsilon builds UN.

1770 Piffle launches ICBM
1770 Epsilon captures Brilliant.

1775 Piffle launches 3 ICBMs
1775 Epsilon captures Chappaquiddick.

1780 Piffle launches ICBM.
1780 Epsilon destroys Innovia.

1785 Piffle launches what is probably their last nuke.
1785 Aloha declares war on Piffle
1785 Epsilon captures Balderdash and Phooey.

1790 Piffle’s Golden Age ends to say the least.
1790 Aloha raises Twaddle and Hamburger.
1790 Epsilon captures Kushans.

So I guess we are converging on Zapotec then. Units already in enemy territory are 3 turns away and consist of a Cossack and I think 2 cannons and 3 redcoats?

Reinforcements are 7 Cossacks, artillery, 3 cannons, and 3 redcoats north of Chappaquiddick. Units assembled on our south coast are 7 Cossacks, 1grenadier, 1 catapult, 6 infantry and cannon.

It’s a long walk for most of those units but we also have 2 transports and 2 galleons which already are loaded with 3 redcoats, artillery and 2 cannons.

Please post if you would like any other information.

robboo
Sep 07, 2008, 06:24 AM
right a ong walk but we use the transports and galeons to leap frog teh units ahead. i doubt we make it in time but at least we are trying.

Go ahead adn contact Epsilon and see if we can get them to abstain from teh vote. or if there is a dealy incounting votes. Tell them that once piffle is gone we willsit down and play a marathon session to end teh game.

Sep 08, 2008, 06:36 PM
I thought it over and don't think its worth the trouble. Lets just wrap this up ASAP and move on.

robboo
Sep 09, 2008, 04:58 AM
gooddeal...playing now.

HUSch
Sep 10, 2008, 09:52 AM
:goodjob:
we are second.

robboo
Sep 10, 2008, 06:01 PM
That was my goal all along...Epsilon had this won once piffle attacked us. In my opinion...Piffle won this game for Epsilon by being their lap dog. I want to see how that occurred and if any thinking was going on into when they might try to take out Epsilon.

Sep 10, 2008, 07:52 PM
It could have worked out for them except for the fact that their diplomacy sucked. As it was I would much rather lose to Epsilon than Piffle.

Meleager
Sep 11, 2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Team.

It's been a long time. I guess people lose interest.

Are we going to win?

Sep 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Team.

It's been a long time. I guess people lose interest.

Are we going to win?

Been a long time indeed. Second place for us, but really we still lost by a mile.

Epsilon was able to vote themselves a UN victory, but we still have the final instalment of EEN news to look forward to.

The set up for a new MTDG is already underway please join the discussion. Also, heads-up, all team forums will soon be made public. Edit your posts while there is still time. ;)