View Full Version : The Space Race Mod v4

The Templar
Aug 05, 2002, 11:17 AM
The modern era in Civ3 is lame. So I redesigned the modern era tech tree and made the space race more interesting. My modpack:

(1) Reconfigures the entire modern age tech tree, so that it both makes sense and is more historically accurate (satelites existed BEFORE space travel for instance).

(2) Moves the space race to the end of the modern era. You can no longer achieve a space race victory before discovering stealth and robotics.

(3) Makes the Americans commercial and industrious.

Check it out!

The Templar
Aug 05, 2002, 11:21 AM
Here is part 2 of the Space Race Mod, it contains the pcx files for the mod.

Enjoy!

The Templar
Aug 05, 2002, 01:13 PM
Here's a picture of my modern age tech tree:

Jandor
Aug 21, 2002, 04:36 AM
This mod looks so promising, why was it ignored ?

Tomcat
Aug 22, 2002, 08:21 AM
hm I dont know but ur right, it really looks cool, Im gonna DL it right away :)

The Templar
Nov 30, 2002, 07:39 PM
Ignored indeed! This needs a bump. Besides, I'll be putting out a new and improved PTW version with a new government type soon. Stay tuned!

Colonel Kraken
Dec 02, 2002, 10:56 AM
Wow! I didn't even know this existed. :eek: You did such a professional job of modding the tech tree. I want to modify the tree, but I despise the task of redoing the arrows.

I'll definitely have to download this one. When's your new one coming out?

yelahneb
Dec 02, 2002, 12:21 PM
agreed - everyone in my group is eager to see a PTW version of this mod. i'd love to see a 5th age mod as well sometime with all sorts of bizarre technology - but i don't know if PTW will let you add one. i guess it would be called the "Post-Modern Age"... :)

atomannj
Dec 03, 2002, 08:50 AM
Any eta on the PTW version?

AceDragon
Dec 14, 2002, 10:18 PM
Bumpity Bumpity...

PtW Version ? Is the v4 compatible ?

I'd like to give your mod a whirl

hbdragon88
Dec 19, 2002, 06:27 PM
I like the new modern age tree.

I however would like to wonder why you need to know robotics to learn genetics. Genetics and Robotics were both originally dead-end. Genetics should still be dead-end to me, unless robotics has something to do with genetics...

Other than that, great. And one last thing - How come there's no pcx file for the Deep Space Travel, Expert Systems, or Cryonics Civlopedia entries? There's a pink thing where the pcx should be.

EDIT: Silly me. I put the pcx in the wrong folder...

Lucky Dragon
Jan 02, 2003, 05:53 PM
I really liked your modern age tech tree, so I included it in my mod. Thanks for all your hard work on this! (The relevant thread is here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=352862#post352862), BTW...)

Elucidus
Jan 08, 2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by yelahneb
agreed - everyone in my group is eager to see a PTW version of this mod. i'd love to see a 5th age mod as well sometime with all sorts of bizarre technology - but i don't know if PTW will let you add one. i guess it would be called the "Post-Modern Age"... :)

Been looking for ways to do that for a while. I haven't come up with any. I don't think it is possible, although I would love it. Let me know if you or your buds discover a way. Thanks.

The Templar
Jan 17, 2003, 08:41 AM
Sorry about the delay - it was law school exam time so I had no time to work. The PTW version is called the "Space Age Mod" (has a nice kitchy ring to it). It will be on a new thread since it is different.

The Templar
Jan 17, 2003, 08:43 AM
Sorry about the delay - it was law school exam time so I had no time to work on the mod. The PTW version is called the "Space Age Mod" (has a nice kitchy ring to it). It will be on a new thread since it is different in several significant ways.

Rabid Pop Tart
Feb 07, 2003, 08:27 AM
I won a space race victory with this mod (my favorite victory!) and I actually got to use modern time units! Yay! thanks a lot, this mod is great!

Morfos
Jan 25, 2004, 09:15 AM
I think there should be a space race technology set after the modern era.

mrgenius
Jan 26, 2004, 04:27 PM
mod looks cool and i'll probably download it.

agreed - everyone in my group is eager to see a PTW version of this mod. i'd love to see a 5th age mod as well sometime with all sorts of bizarre technology - but i don't know if PTW will let you add one. i guess it would be called the "Post-Modern Age"...
^^^^ you could rename ancient age to ancient/medival age and push everything back...