View Full Version : Few things I noticed about global 1936

ZeroZeroSix
Oct 15, 2008, 10:10 AM
I played as British, Canadian, American.

1. Italy seem to produce planes like it take 2-3 turns each, maybe its normal.
At one point before Italy enter the war they have already 70-80 planes plus an impresive army. Germany have 20-30 planes. Me as british have 20-30 as well.

2. I noticed Australian, Canadian infantry are very weak. If I remember right they where almost as good as British. Or maybe I am affected by propaganda:crazyeye:

Darkshadows
Nov 05, 2008, 09:38 AM
1.some AIs will produce units like crazy ( I remember one game with japs building 20 battleships and 11 carriers )

2.Australian infrantry seem normal, not strong as german or british though.

LoneTraveller
Feb 04, 2009, 12:21 AM
I think the strength of the Italians in this MOD is ridiculously high. We are talking about the army that invaded Egypt with 200 000 troops and retreated in a rout against 30 000 British soldiers :lol:

There is no way in hell that the Italian air farce has units as strong as Bf109, Spitfires or Hawker Hurricanes...They're biplanes !!! :crazyeye:

And their tanks aren't strong enough to be colonial defensive weapons. The average early war british anti-tank rifles went through them like a hot knife through butter. But they are depicted as roughly equals to panzer IV, B1-bis and Churchill s.

Only 2 ships in their navy were a match to British, American, German and Japanese counter-parts. They were both recently upgraded battleships (Giulio Cesare and Vittorio Veneto). The rest barely could fight against the Mediterranean British fleet and that was when they had air cover on their side.

The courage of the average Italian soldier and officer was a joke. They had sub quality weaponry, questionable military competency and their industry was inapt to deal with modern warfare.

Sometimes I think the person who designed this MOD is Italian...:confused:

----

All in all...the armored warfare side of this mod is insignificant. Antitank guns and tank destroyers are too cheap and too powerful. I mean Michael Wittmann blew up 138 tanks and 132 antitank guns...so I don't see why these weapons should be such powerful tank killers. Also there is no blitzkrieg effect. I have never found a way to flank (with surprise) any nation, unit or city with 3 armor units without getting the artillery to counter-fire instantly and reducing my units strength to around 75% before I even attacked.

Something cool to have would have been upgrades for each tank and aircraft. Ex: you started out with panzer IV type A and as technology is developed you could upgrade all the way to a type H (further would be a retrograde). Basically going from a short barreled 75mm to a long barreled 75 mm (increased firepower), concurrent increases in defensive bonuses (armor protection improvements) and better mobility.

----

I don't understand how an anti-aircraft gun can attack an infantry unit located 3 squares away (distance between Berlin and Danzig).

----

The German side in this MOD is too weak.

In the 1936 global assault "anything goes" scenario. They lose their access to iron within 1 to 2 years and that's only because they were getting it from soon to be France territory. In real life they imported their iron from SWEDEN and had it sent to Germany through Narvik (that city in itself did not contain squat). Even worse there is not a single nation in world willing to trade for it. So with a military industry deprived of Iron there are no tank, aircraft or ships production required to invade Norway (unless you know in advance whats going to happen).

I understand that an oil patch was required to build vehicles and ships. But I have another idea. In real life 2/3 of Germany's oil supply was acquired through synthetic oil plants (the other 1/3 came from Romania). I suggest creating a city building that would mimic access to oil for that city alone. Much like the city of Stuttgart can produce tanks even though it has lost it's access to iron.

----

Thats all for now

Thank you for reading and your time

Dale
Feb 04, 2009, 02:45 AM
Get with the program mate. It's called GAME BALANCE, not reality. Playing the Italians is equally as viable as playing other nations.

Sheese, you'd think these fools hadn't read the other million times I'd said that. :rolleyes:

kiwitt
Feb 04, 2009, 05:52 PM
Get with the program mate. It's called GAME BALANCE, not reality. Playing the Italians is equally as viable as playing other nations.:Exactly !!!

NOTE: Certain lesser nations would struggle to win. e.g. Poland, Norway, etc. But would be fun to play to see how long they could hold out against the major powers.