View Full Version : UKNESIV - Global Destiny

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 12:54 PM
lol, India is still a part of the Commonwealth, and so it is her duty to protect Her Majesty, who is head of the Commonwealth(and so still the ruler of India).

Nemesis

erez87
Aug 16, 2002, 02:24 PM
a nice unit to china (thats mean patent) a cheap bomber that have no attack or defence, and he can only bomber to 2 countries ahead.

another unit will be a really heavy armored unit, exalnt in defence, and uninvinsble in attack (this one will cost a lot (patent to china too))

for that bomber the chines kamikalu (other kamikazi).

a bunker for regular nukes (not icbm) becuase ther is no, land unit that can carry nukes... so the least we can do is move the nuke to still be able to bomb into land.

and a long rand missle, will be fine.

please harry i want to see thos units (i already posted this thing too)
i guss that next turn i could not biuld a factory, so what am i supose to do??? i realy don't want to attack...

Kennelly
Aug 16, 2002, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry if I missed the answer:Can I move troops garrisoned till turn 5 already move in turn 5 or do I have to wait till turn 6?

Kennelly
Aug 16, 2002, 03:07 PM
Anyway,attack orders for turn 5 (I know it's too early but so it will hopefully be resolved when I wake up tomorrow):

1 Armoured,1 Mechanized division and 1 Close Air Support squadron invade Angola.
2 Armoured divisions race into Mozambique.

Revolutionairy
Aug 16, 2002, 04:04 PM
Hey just wanted to say I'm back

I won't join this NES as it's already 26 pages long
Jason keep going on moding as if you did a small one with you as a nation it would not be so much of a chore....

erez87
Aug 16, 2002, 04:09 PM
26 pages but only 4 turns...

Revolutionairy
Aug 16, 2002, 04:13 PM
Way too much to read and understand with a whole new game system!
I miss the maps...

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 04:19 PM
Rev.: There's only one map in this lol, the one at the beginning.

Honestly, take Russia(now th Soviet Union) or India, I've been moving for them, so I already have all the units from the last turns bought for them(so you can buy the new units in an hour, when Turn 5 begins).

The Soviet Union should be interesting, they make more credits than any other nation and you can start a cold war with America lol(AnarchyRulz isn't here, so Russia is up for grabs).

Nemesis

erez87
Aug 16, 2002, 04:35 PM
what about all my nice new units? they are up in this thread, and some orders are done.

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 04:52 PM
erez, I'll do attacks and special units in 10 minutes or so, when I come back on. I was just checking the thread quickly then.

Nemesis

.:KNAS:.
Aug 16, 2002, 05:09 PM
Now, if i understood the rulechange correctly, i can attack Yemen directly on turn 5?

RoddyVR
Aug 16, 2002, 05:13 PM
if i understand the rule change then i dont like it too much.
i currently have NOTHING in the USA. its all in canada and alaska.
but with the rulechange i can attack mexico if i want.
what i want to know is: if i dont move anything (so there is still nothing in USA) and mexico attacks USA, do all my units automaticaly defend the USA, or does it get taken?
if they defend (meaning they can move within my empire as fast as they want) then this game will DEFINATELY turn into a cold war. it will just be who has more units. no strategy, planing or even effective backstabbing :(

Aug 16, 2002, 05:19 PM
If its the way i think it is, it's like this: Your units are still in Canada and Alaska, so if you were to get attacked, they wouldn't be of much good. However, say you want to attack Mexico, you could move your armor in Alaska to attack instantly, due to 'infrastructure'

Atleast thats how i interpreted it

RoddyVR
Aug 16, 2002, 05:49 PM
so its turn 5 now right?

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 05:54 PM
TFL: It's only for attacking. When someone declares an attack on a player nation, then the player nation may only move what units actually border that country to help defend. Also, neither can change their orders.

Nemesis

Aug 16, 2002, 06:10 PM
As The YPLF (Yemen Peoples Liberation Front) took the capital Sanaa earlier this week, President Zayid bin Sultan Al Nuhayyan ordered the newly equipped 1st Armoured Division to invade Yemen, and destroy the communist rebellion.

Summary: Invade Yemen with 1st Armoured Division supported by 1st Artillery Division(now at full strenght).

erez87
Aug 16, 2002, 06:15 PM
now it's turn 5 isn't it?
so can i use all red armies in vietnam and kambodia (5 red armies?)?

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 06:33 PM
erez: Yes you can.

a nice unit to china (thats mean patent) a cheap bomber that have no attack or defence, and he can only bomber to 2 countries ahead. 3 credits, but will likely not kill anything

another unit will be a really heavy armored unit, excellent in defence, and invincible in attack (this one will cost a lot (patent to china too))25 credits, won't be invincible in attack but slightly better than excellent

for that bomber the chines kamikalu (other kamikazi).Make that 5 credits, cause it might actually work

a bunker for regular nukes (not icbm) becuase ther is no, land unit that can carry nukes... so the least we can do is move the nuke to still be able to bomb into land.10 credits, can hold 4 tactical nukes(might be too cheap, what do you guys think?

and a long range missle, will be fine. Call it a better Tomahawk, and make it that it can go on those which can carry tactical nukes, and make it 5 credits.

Feeling lazy, so:

1 Armoured,1 Mechanized division and 1 Close Air Support squadron invade Angola.

WINS

Losses: 1 Mechanised Infantry Division

Income: 2 credits

Required Garrison: None

2 Armoured divisions race into Mozambique.

WIN

Losses: 1 armour division at half strength

Required Garrison: None

Summary: Invade Yemen with 1st Armoured Division supported by 1st Artillery Division(now at full strenght).

WIN

Losses: 1st Artillery Division

Requried Garrison: None

erez87
Aug 16, 2002, 06:37 PM
2 artileries blow tailand up, and then 5 red armies from china, kambodia and vietnam attack tailand (feel lazy if you want' all I realy want to know it's if I win or not and how many died (espaicaly the second one))

erez87
Aug 16, 2002, 06:39 PM
oops only one artilery not too (my mistake)

RoddyVR
Aug 16, 2002, 06:41 PM
USA attacks Saint Kitts and Nevis Islands

Units: (Name - Location=Orders)
1st Helicopter Transport Squadron - Saint Kitts and Nevis=Transport
2nd Close Air Support Squadron -Saint Kitts and Nevis=Attack
1st Armor Division - Saint Kitts and Nevis=Attack

IIRC they should have a total of 5 credits now! hahaha

Aug 16, 2002, 06:44 PM
I say the Tactikal Nuke Bunker should cost 20 gold atleast

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 06:48 PM
Results will be posted later on, I'm currently in a discussion about perhaps making the Horizon game automated(you submit your moves to a website, it sorts out your moves, shows the results etc, and only diplomacy is done on the forum).

If it works, I may be able to port the UKNES5 to it.

Nemesis

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 06:48 PM
KNAS: Make it 15, then it costs 25 credits including one tactical nuke.

Nemesis

Aug 16, 2002, 06:54 PM
there was no patent on that, right?

RoddyVR
Aug 16, 2002, 06:59 PM
oooh, can i be in on that discussion? i been thinking of making something similar for an NES i been working on.

uknemesis
Aug 16, 2002, 07:07 PM
Roddy: Get on AIM then lol

My username is ChrisBraund2000

Nemesis

RoddyVR
Aug 16, 2002, 07:19 PM
dam, i knew i should have gotten the damned thing a long time ago.
i HATE aol, and so i didnt want to get that AIM thing

Jason The King
Aug 16, 2002, 08:25 PM
AIM is actually REALLY good, even though I hate AOL too. If you guys decide to get it, my screen name is jj872000.

-Jason

PS this will be my last post for a week, so see ya guys later!!!

The Troquelet
Aug 16, 2002, 09:03 PM
:lol: :lol:

I go for a week and I have to read a 27-page new NES, and about 15 new subNES threads.

Well, this certainly takes the cake as the biggest of all NESes. It's either have time for a life, or play this :P I'll be reading, I guess. I waded 4 or 5 pages in but I couldn't find a map... ?

Anyway, congrats on how it's going so far UK. ;)

Demetrias
Aug 16, 2002, 09:07 PM
Australia invades the Phillipins.
using one armor,one mech infantry full strength, one Gunship Division, Aerotransport unit transports the land units.

There is no map really. the one he gave is useless. I have had to peace together where the heck these little nations in the South Pacific are. Can you find all those little ones and twos on the map. Not most of them. Island ones any way.

RoddyVR
Aug 16, 2002, 09:14 PM
map is a link on the first post.
no updates cause we are only conquering neutrals now.
all the 'who ownes what' is in the subthreads.

i think its easier to get the whole picture by reading the Subs, then the main. too many Q and A in here

troq we only on turn 5, you should join

trader/warrior
Aug 17, 2002, 03:01 AM
ill patent a small transport fleet who can carry two divisions no attack no defence.

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 06:14 AM
i patend only the big tank, it will be clled "little timmy" (it's patend)
and the kamikala. is patend. but the rest, everyone can use.
by the way, a lt of time past since the start of the game, and not a lot of real diplomacy have been made (in the last two turns) i want with USA a NAP please befor the despotism is over, after the industrial age is over... i wander what will be after it...

Aug 17, 2002, 06:22 AM
Where has Toasty been for the last few days, on vacation or?

Toasty
Aug 17, 2002, 06:43 AM
Getting ready for vacation ;)
Nemesis, please handle my little Arab Republic for me. I will be very appreciative.

Aug 17, 2002, 06:44 AM
How long will you be away?

RoddyVR
Aug 17, 2002, 06:45 AM
well, i think there aint much diplomacy cause we is all still fighting the neutral countries.
it will take a while to get to a point where we 'have' to start attacking eachother in order to grow.

To China (erez87)
From USA (RoddyVR)

We accept the NAP.

IceEye
Aug 17, 2002, 08:02 AM
TO: South Africa
I accept a DPP!

Italian troops declare war on Switzerland! All military (2 armor and 1 mech inf) moving to liberate Switzerland!

IceEye
Aug 17, 2002, 08:07 AM
nemesis: this patent thing is going out of hand

ideas: make it cost money to develop those patent machines and limit the number of patent units

RoddyVR
Aug 17, 2002, 08:14 AM
why, i dont see the point. just rip off the units. they sue you and the rest of the players say "whatever, let them use it"

it will add a 'legitimate' reason for going to war with someone!
"you stole my supertank plans, i am gonna kill you now!" :lol:

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 09:15 AM
from China
to Italy.
we wish to form a NAP between our 2 countries/empiers.
we hope that you will accept.

from China
to Norway.
we wish to form a NAP between our 2 countries/empiers.
we hope that you will accept.

IceEye
Aug 17, 2002, 09:26 AM
To: China
Only if you promise not to attack Taiwan.

IceEye
Aug 17, 2002, 09:28 AM
I am interested in hiring some red infantry.

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 09:40 AM
evryone told me not to attack taiwan, and i can't anyway...

for hiring we will need a border or a sea transport...
unlese ofcours nemesis will let us do so...
i'll give you to hire some under on condition... if you will conquer bulagaria, you will need to give it to me, ok?
if not i'll setisfy with a MPP.

UKNEMESIS a lot of attacks have been done, when would you do them?

IceEye
Aug 17, 2002, 10:15 AM
No way I can give you bulgaria. That is, not if you dont give me Korea(North and South).

To: Australia
We wish to buy Nauro when you conquer it.

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 10:23 AM
when i'll have south korea we will talk about it, but belive me there is a lot of time ti'll i have it (i now in a industrial time (buying factories) so im not going too far for now...
and you won't have bulgaria, befor turkey will have it, be sure...
so may be after you will get the first thing, we will trad lands hapily.

Demetrias
Aug 17, 2002, 10:53 AM
I have no idea when or if i will get to Nauro much less where the heck it is in the Pacific. I as soon as i am done taking Indonesia i will start conquering more of the little islands till then i have no plans to conquer anything further then right next to me.

RoddyVR
Aug 17, 2002, 11:10 AM
uk was on IAM till 5 am his time (and maybe later) so it might be a while till he gets in.

Demetrias
Aug 17, 2002, 11:22 AM
dude its six pm his time. As in almost night. How can he not be up. Now what time did you stop AIMing Uk and tell us what time zone you are in.

uknemesis
Aug 17, 2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I was up late last night lol, I'm not much of a sleeper :p

Anyway, I was up early(about 11 :p), but was out with mates for most of the day.

I need quick summaries of all the attacks, then I'll work them out, since I have to go out again tonight and can't be on until tomorrow morning or night(I'll be going out in about an hour).

Also, when I go jetskiiing and go early and stay down there tomorrow, then I may not be able to come online at all tomorrow.

But I hope that I can get on tomorrow morning before I go, so I can do Turn 6's combat(and do 5's now), and then do 7's on Monday.

Nemesis

Demetrias
Aug 17, 2002, 01:07 PM
i attacked the phillipines today with mech, tank and gunship

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 01:14 PM
anyway, if you will give somone how you do attackes we could continue to play until you come back...

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 01:39 PM
me go blow tailand with artiley on units and then go in with 5 red armies.

uknemesis
Aug 17, 2002, 01:57 PM
Looks like I have to go find the battles. Great...

1 artileries blow tailand up, and then 5 red armies from china, kambodia and vietnam attack thailand

LOSE - They have 3 mechanised infantry divisions

Losses: 4 Red Infantry Divisions

USA attacks Saint Kitts and Nevis Islands

Units: (Name - Location=Orders)
1st Helicopter Transport Squadron - Saint Kitts and Nevis=Transport
2nd Close Air Support Squadron -Saint Kitts and Nevis=Attack
1st Armor Division - Saint Kitts and Nevis=Attack

WIN

Losses: 1 armour division at half strength[/i]

Australia invades the Phillipines.
using one armor,one mech infantry full strength, one Gunship Division, Aerotransport unit transports the land units.

WIN

Losses: 1 mechanised infantry division

Italian troops declare war on Switzerland! All military (2 armor and 1 mech inf) moving to liberate Switzerland!

WIN

Losses:
2 armour divisions
1 mechanised infantry division at half strength

Garrison until Turn 10: 1 unit

Okay, I think that's all attacks done.

As for units, I'll price them when I get back on Monday morning.

NEW RULE

You must pay a one off sum of one gold for each designed unit that you wish to keep, and a one off sum of 3 gold(includes the one for designing) to patent it.

Nemesis

uknemesis
Aug 17, 2002, 02:00 PM
I'll try and get on tomorrow if I get time. If I haven't returned and worked out Turn 6's combat by 11PM GMT(one hour before Turn 7 begins), then I give RoddyVR permission to work out the combat for Turn 6.

I'll work it out for 7.

Nemesis

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 02:15 PM
Chines "freedom" newspape--
(this news will be good to all democracies)
Turn 5
chines attack on thailand is not good enugh, and china loose to the magnificnt army of the thai's.
"next time will get them, but not next month, cuase we need to continue with our industrilaztion" so said mAo DIgan to his people, after the loose in thailand.
mAo DIgan, now 70's years old, is ill and doctors say he will die soon, becuase he can't bread by himself now.
right after his speach to the people he fainted, and have been taken to the nearest hospital "Gordush".
he is now attached to breading machines, and the only thing he said since the speach, from the hospital it's:
"If i'll die, my son Chiro-Hudan will continue with the chines industrilazation", then he fainted again, and we didn't heared from him since that.

Kennelly
Aug 17, 2002, 02:46 PM
ATTACK ORDERS FOR TURN 6 STARTING IN 2.5 HOURS:

1 Infantry division,1 Mechanized Infantry division,1 Armoured division and 1 Close Air support sqadron invading Zambia.
1 Infantry division,1 Mechanized Infantry division,2 Armoured divisions and 1 Gunship division invade Malawi.

Aug 17, 2002, 04:38 PM
It's going to be expensive to pay for all custom units, lol, but i think it's a good idea though. Now, we don't have to pay for our UU's right?

Demetrias
Aug 17, 2002, 05:58 PM
Australia Invades Malaysia. Two Armour Divisions transported by an Aerotransport division and supported by a close air support wing and a Gunship squadron.

erez87
Aug 17, 2002, 06:13 PM
turn 6 have started a half of hour ago, right?
oh, and to make it easier for nemesis, and others to see attacks, from next turn i'll start in china an update of attacks and if they sucseded or not. (after they solved ofcours)
oh, and maybe i'll try to keep a map runing every two turns, maybe even mor fanq'. this map will show full empiers, not all the countries...

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 17, 2002, 10:56 PM
Alright I will take Russia(note I do not know how to post a link and a a map

trader/warrior
Aug 18, 2002, 03:07 AM
everybody has to be afraid of me now........because i have a TACTICAL NUKE IN A MISSILE SUBMARINE!

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 03:20 AM
To: Slovenia
If you join the Italian Empire without resistance I wont have to invade you!

Kennelly
Aug 18, 2002, 05:26 AM
lol,a Norwegian nuclear force.

To:Kingdom of Norway

Also we don't see why you need an own nuclear arsenal when you're protected by 2 big nuclear powers (Britain and USA) we want to assure you of our DPP and offer you again to upgrade it into a MPP.This would mean you become a full member of the ATO.

erez87
Aug 18, 2002, 06:37 AM
a nuke!!??
oh no, i'm sure i won't mess with norway until i'll have my own nukes (now i have to factories :lol:

Aug 18, 2002, 06:53 AM
A message to the World

I think the time of nuclear build-up we are seeing here is a step in the wrong direction, i urge all nations to stop and think what they are doing...
Zayid bin Sultan Al Nuhayyan of the United Arab Emirates

Aug 18, 2002, 07:39 AM
nemesis, I'll rename my custom unit: Mujahedin to Marines, if that is ok.

uknemesis
Aug 18, 2002, 08:31 AM
KNAS: You can rename units all you like lol, and you don't have to pay for your UU.

Change of plan. The jetski's broken down cause we haven't used it since last summer, so it's being fixed. Next week though, I will be going to Weymouth to jetski on the Sunday morning, and not returning until Monday afternoon at the earliest. I'll sort something out for that night, I may be able to cover it all myself.

Okay, attacks to be resolved:

1 Infantry division,1 Mechanized Infantry division,1 Armoured division and 1 Close Air support sqadron invading Zambia.

WIN

Losses:
1 Armour Division at half strength
1 Close Air Support Squadron

1 Infantry division,1 Mechanized Infantry division,2 Armoured divisions and 1 Gunship division invade Malawi.

WIN

Losses:
2 armoured divisions at half strength

Australia Invades Malaysia. Two Armour Divisions transported by an Aerotransport division and supported by a close air support wing and a Gunship squadron.

Sorry, Helicopter Transport Squadrons can only carry one division per turn, so only one armour division can fight.

Still want to attack?

Nemesis

erez87
Aug 18, 2002, 10:44 AM
In sad news our empror have died. his son Chiro-Hudan have taken the throne, and decleared china as democracy!!!
in the close elections to prime minister, there are 3 main groups:
Democratic system group- her leader is Chiro-Hudan.
Comunist party- her leader his Hison-Prob (an american man).
New facsist party- her leader his Adolf-Hidon.
elections to come soon (in this turn).

SKILORD
Aug 18, 2002, 11:14 AM
Belarus isn't down as mine on the 1st post!

SKILORD
Aug 18, 2002, 11:16 AM
Dearest Britain:
The Newly founded Empire of Poland, in order that we may both frighten our adversaries from war with us together, would like to offer a DPP to your nation.

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 11:29 AM
is it turn 7 now?

SKILORD
Aug 18, 2002, 11:31 AM
No, Not for a goodfew hours.

Go play UberNESII instead if ur bored.

Aug 18, 2002, 11:34 AM
no, it is turn 7 at 01.00 your (our) time

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 11:34 AM
LoL skilord.

To: Soviet Empire
I am willing to pay you a one time sum of 5 gold if you let me build T-80 tanks.

uknemesis
Aug 18, 2002, 11:41 AM
You can't build another nation's unique units EVER.

You can however pay them to build their unique unit and lend the units to you.

Turn 7 isn't for another 6 hours.

Nemesis

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 11:43 AM
Okay let me put it like this then:
To: Russia
I am willing to pay you 5 gold starting sum and after that 5 gold for each t-80 I order.

Aug 18, 2002, 11:47 AM
To: USSR
As an armsdealer you should realize that the 5 credits one time sum and 5 credits per tank will be made up after only 5 tanks bought. That means if he builds more then 5 tanks, you will be ripped off. Since it costs you 5 to build them, and he buys them off of you for 5, you only make the original 5 credits lump sum. Meanwhile he could make hundreds of credits off of this deal.

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 11:57 AM
To: UAE
Stay out of other nations deals. Russia only gains 5 credits from this and loses nothing? What is the bad part about that?

Aug 18, 2002, 12:03 PM
To: Italy
The bad part is that Russia only gains 5 credits from this deal. You get a superior tank for only 5 credits a piece! Like i said, after only 5 tanks, you will have made up the money you would have paid if you had bought regular tanks. I will not sit by and watch a friendly nation as Russia get ripped of by greedy Italians!

erez87
Aug 18, 2002, 12:59 PM
A shoking news!!! the comunists and fascists, parties have been down, becuase that theirleaders had been shot down by, what people say: "mans with black clothes and indian falg on their shirts. The democratic party have won, and china is going to freedom.

uknemesis
Aug 18, 2002, 01:06 PM
TO CHINA
FROM INDIA

We had nothing to do with this attack, do you honestly think we are stupid enough to do something like that?

If we ever did such a thing, it would be a completely secret assault, we wouldn't be foolish enough to wear Indian flags!

This is obviously an attempt by someone to harm China's relationship with India.

And be warned, should you go to war over something that obviously didn't include India, a nuclear warhead will be fired at China.

The Prime Minister of India

Okay guys, I have to go out tonight, so Turn 7's combat will be resolved tomorrow morning.

Nemesis

trader/warrior
Aug 18, 2002, 01:27 PM
i accept the offer of being a full member of ATO.

Kennelly
Aug 18, 2002, 02:00 PM
The democratic nations of Europe,North America and Africa are now all allied in ATO with the exception of Italy.I once again offer them to join ATO.

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 02:11 PM
And I once again accept!

erez87
Aug 18, 2002, 02:19 PM
china is sure that democratice india havn't done it for another democratice country! we wish no war with nations that are more powerfull then us.
we are sure that it was from within china, or from kambodia (that is toounder chines rull).
we ask to creat a pacific/india oceans allianse, would australia, india, japan, and any other democratic nation in thos areas will wan't to join the alliance?
Im the son of the only modern empror of china, that he have told me to get china to democracy, right after the industrial age will end.
we banish all fascist, and comunists parties from the goverment!

china WILL go to full democracy from today and as hopfully, after my death too, for ever to be FREE!!!

SKILORD
Aug 18, 2002, 02:51 PM
Dear Brit's:

Do you accept our DPP or no?

Kennelly
Aug 18, 2002, 02:56 PM
ATTACK ORDERS FOR TURN 7 STARTING IN 2 HOURS:

2 Mech.Infantry division,2 Armoured division,1 Infantry division,1 Gunship squadron invade Democratic Republic of Congo.
2 Mech.Infantry division,2 Armoured division,1 Infantry division,1 Close Air Support squadron invade Tanzania.

Demetrias
Aug 18, 2002, 03:18 PM
Uk read the post and read your own unit description. Aerotransport not Helicopter transport. Thats what i got. You shot down my helicopter transport a couple of turns ago. And yes i want to attack because an Aerotransport can carry three divisions not two. So attack. Oh and since you did this i wont be able to send in turn seven orders until turn eight cause i don't get home from school till your time midnight and you ain't here to fix this.

RoddyVR
Aug 18, 2002, 03:58 PM
hey all.
sorry i been away for over 24 hours.
i think i still have to do the turn we're in.

in a post up there somewhere UK left me in charge of doing combat if he aint here. i must say i would like to NOT have that responsibility.
i gonna go do my own orders for this turn (6 it is now).

IceEye
Aug 18, 2002, 04:17 PM
Attack orders for Turn 7:
Italy is moving to liberate another country. This time the chosen ones are the people of SLOVENIA!
The units attacking Slovenia are:
2nd Mechanised Infantry
1st Armor
1st Close Air Support Squadron
2nd Close Air Support Squadron

RoddyVR
Aug 18, 2002, 05:01 PM
USA invades Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
1st Helicopter Transport Squadron - Transporst 1st Armor
1st Armor Divsion - Saint Vincent & the Grenadines=Invade
2nd Close Air Support Squadron - Saint Vincent & the Grenadines=Invade

this should be turn 6 (i think i still have a few minutes till deadline)

Revolutionairy
Aug 18, 2002, 05:08 PM
Nem said he wont be around till morning England time so you loads of time!

Dexter
Aug 19, 2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by RoddyVR

this should be turn 6 (i think i still have a few minutes till deadline)

Infact you posted this exactly 1 minute after of the deadline :p

But I'm sure Nem will let you off

:goodjob:

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 08:09 AM
Demetrias: Yes you're right, but instead of AeroTransport, which could be either as they are both "Aero", please say Aeroplane(or just Plane) Transport Squadron or Helicopter Transport Squadron.

Combat will be up in ten minutes or so.

Nemesis

trader/warrior
Aug 19, 2002, 08:47 AM
norway attack orders:
three artillery bombard sweden.

Aug 19, 2002, 09:19 AM
As no agreement was reached during the Iraqi peacetalks about its borders, UAE invades the country. President Zaid said ' 30 years of oppression ends now!'

Summary: Invade Iraq with 1st and 2nd Armor Division, 1st Marine Corps Division, and the 1st Close Airs Support Squadron.

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 09:37 AM
china moves for turn 7:
1 arilery divisiom bombard thailand.
2 modern armor, and one red army attack thailand

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 10:47 AM
As you may all be figuring out, now the neutral nations have the money to begin establishing decent armies, invading them is suddenly a lot more dangerous...

TURN 6 COMBAT

Australia invades Malaysia. Two Armour Divisions transported by an Aeroplane Transport Squadron and supported by a Close Air Support Squadron and a Gunship Squadron.

The Malaysian Armed Forces mobilise to defend their home. 3 Mechanised Infantry Divisions and one Artillery Division stand firm against the first assault, the Australian Gunship Squadron being the first to die due to a wave of SAM fire.

The tanks and the CAS Squadron press the mechanised infantry hard, and eventually they seem to be winning. Then another rain of SAM fire downs most of the CAS Squadron, with the rest being hit later by ground fire.

The Australians win, but the cost is devastating. Only their transport squadron escaped unharmed due to the skill of its pilots.

Losses:
1 CAS Squadron
1 Gunship Squadron
1 Armour Division

Income: 3 credits

Required Garrison until Turn 20: 1 unit

The islanders put up a fierce fight, one that the 1st Armour will never forget.

Losses: 1st Armour Division at half strength

Income: 1 credit

Required Garrison until Turn 10: 1 unit

TURN 7 COMBAT

2 Mech.Infantry divisions, 2 Armoured divisions, 1 Infantry division, 1 Gunship squadron invade the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The DRC Defence Force swears to defend its home to the last man.

The fighting is bitter and bloody, but eventually the South Africans gain the upper hand, and drive the Congo troops from the field.

Losses:
2 Mechanised Infantry Divisions
1 Infantry Division

Required Garrison until Turn 15: 2 units

2 Mech.Infantry division,2 Armoured division,1 Infantry division,1 Close Air Support squadron invade Tanzania.

Tanzanian forces withdraw to the capital, chased by the South Africans.

The South Africans, confident of success, assault the defences immediately.

The urban fighting however prevents the CAS Squadron operating effeciently, and it is shot down by SAMs.

The infantry scale the walls to secure them as the tanks bash down the gates, followed in by the mechanised infantry.

The first armour division is led into a trap inside the city, and overwhelmed. The mechanised infantry struggle through the city, to find the locals carring anti-tank weapons, determined to defend their families with their lives.

The cost is horrendous, but eventually the South Africans win, with the second armour division being rescued by the infantry that scaled the walls, who survive and some people now call the "elite" of the South African army, excellent city fighters.

Losses:
1 Armour Division
1 CAS Division
1 Armour Division
2 Mechanised Infantry Divisions at half strength

Required Garrison until Turn 20: 1 unit

Italy invades Slovenia with the 2nd Mechanised Infantry, the 1st Armour Division, the 1st Close Air Support Squadron and the 2nd Close Air Support Squadron

The 1st Armour Division strikes at the Slovenian mechanised infantry, defeating them in a particularly nasty battle. The 2nd Mechanised Infantry are met and defeated by 2 infantry divisions, for a terrible price.

The CAS Squadrons fly overhead, dropping cluster bombs on the defenders to help the armour division. A number of SAMs in an artillery division destroy the 2nd CAS Squadron, but the 1st plays chicken with the artillery, and wins after a brave show from the artillery.

The battle is won, and the 1st CAS Squadron is becoming known as the Dare Devils...

Losses:
2nd CAS Squadron
2nd Mechanised Infantry
1st Armour Division at half strength

Required Garrison until Turn 10: 2 units

Norway Bombards Sweden

Norway opens fire upon Sweden with 3 artillery. These have little affect as the Swedish dive for their bunkers, but one infantry division is destroyed.

In response, the Swedish Prime Minister declared war, and sent the Royal Bomber Squadron to find the artillery and hunt them down.

In a skillful attack, the Royal Bomber Squadron bombed two artillery divisions without loss, for which the leader of the raid is to receive a medal.

Losses:
1 Swedish Infantry Division
2 Norwegian Artillery Divisions

The UAE invades Iraq with 1st and 2nd Armor Division, 1st Marine Corps Division, and the 1st Close Airs Support Squadron.

The UAE invades, confident of victory.

The first hurdle comes as SAMs fire upon the CAS Squadron. The commander orders the CAS Squadron to destroy it, which it does for the loss of one brave pilot.

Three mechanised infantry divisions ambush the armoured divisions, and they are destroyed in a bitter fight. The marines try to come to their rescue, but are destroyed as well.

The UAE limps home, all surprised at Iraq's strength.

So much so that not one asks the question - Where has Iraq's other money gone?

Losses:
2 armour divisions
1 marine division

China Invades Thailand

The Thailand Defence Force is well prepared, knowing the Chinese would invade once more.

The dug in troops aren't even scratched by the artillery bombarment.

Two mechanised infantry divisions, veterans of the last time China invaded(one mech infantry was killed then) draw the Chinese into an innocent looking town.

There the ambush begins. One infantry division and one artillery division are hidden in the town, and it is rigged with traps. The Red Infantry Division is destroyed easily, and the Armour Divisions don't survive much longer, the anti-tank weapons of the artillery giving them a cruel death.

Then, to add insult to injury, the Thailand National Artillery Division locate the Chinese artillery, and counter-bombard it, destroying it.

Losses:
2 armour divisions
1 red infantry division
1 artillery division

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 10:59 AM
In other news, Iran has taken Afghanistan

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 11:04 AM
The lost to the taiwans, have been a major problem ones again.
the prime-minister have desided to get advises from army leaders, and politisions and got two ideas.
1}ask thaiwan to stop the war, and for an amout of money to join democratic china.
2}fight to the death.
the prime-minister have desided to use them both, if thaiwan won't join and stop the cruel war, china will stop any factory buildings in the next turn and will continue to fight, and even ask for help from the more powerfull india. the prime-minister don't wan't the fight to continue, and wish that thaiwan don't wan't it too.

Aug 19, 2002, 11:05 AM
nemesis, what were the Iraqi losses?

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 11:10 AM
china offers thailand 21 credits to join china, and stop the war, that have taken so many deads.

ooc how do they have 2 mechs, one infantry div. and one artilery???
last time they bouth 3 mechs for 15 and they earn only 3 per turn, don't they?

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 11:12 AM
TO CHINA
FROM THAILAND

You were the one who started this war. We know we don't have enough resources to finish it, but we will if we must.

As for India joining, we have their support.

KNAS, the Iraqis lost one artillery division, and one and a half mechanised infantry divisions.

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 11:16 AM
erez, that was two turns ago.

They bought the artillery and the infantry.

The mechanised infantry survived your earlier attack.

Nemesis

Revolutionairy
Aug 19, 2002, 11:18 AM
Here's the map with Turn 6 updated in

Aug 19, 2002, 11:19 AM
To: Iraq
We will be back to avenge the deaths of the 1st and 2nd Armored Divisions! All who does not surrender, will be executed!

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 11:24 AM
TO THE UAE
FROM SADDAM HUSSEIN

We have an ally who has helped us develop nuclear weapons. You would be best advised to keep away from Iraq.

Rev., thanks man! It saves me the trouble, but I think trader/warrior may get pissed that you've made him Sweden and not Norway :p

Nemesis

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 11:24 AM
TO THAILAND
FROM CHINA
we know that we started it, but as we sorry that a lot of man's died we wish to stop it with no winner, or you will be the winner that you have gived your people the posibility to join a indusral country, we will build a factory in thailand in the first turn that we could, becuase of this promis, and thais people will get a full chines civilian cards. they can also could build their own goups in the goverment and even try to get one of their people to be a prime-minister. so, would you now, after hearing about the new chines democracy, would you join? for 21 crdits still (thats all we have in the next turn)

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 11:26 AM
hey, i supose to have laos too, and in this map, i don't have it.
also norway control finland, and i think she control sweden too...

Aug 19, 2002, 11:30 AM
To: Saddam Hussein
Your threats have been noted. I will remeber you words when Baghdad is nothing but a smoldering ruin.

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 11:31 AM
No, Sweden in very much independent.

Nemesis

TO CHINA
FROM THAILAND

If you are offering complete peace, we accept.

TO CHINA
FROM TAIWAN

It seems that despite the change in government, you are still the same imperialist pigs you always were. We will help any nation you invade.

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 11:43 AM
to: all the world
from china
don't blam us, if tiwan will attack us, we will attack back, maybe we won't conquer them, but attack back we will!

to:thailand
from china
we understand that never there will be a thi leader in the head of china, becuase you didn't wanted to join, ok, that is no problem

to taiwan
from china
we are imperialisrts??? what about usa, that conquer the most peacfull country after switzland, and italy, that attacked even switzland..... all the democratic world is conquering, and we are, even now democracy, becuase the leader is a peacfull man, you still call us and not them imerialists??? we wanted to end a war, and to give the most money that ever been sugested to make a country join. but no.. we won't and other countries call us, the only ones that were clos to end a war, and pay for itc peacfully, we are beeing called imperialists???

Aug 19, 2002, 11:53 AM
To: World
Just recently i was threatend by Iraq to be nuked! I call for the world to unite and bring this madman, and whatever who is supporting him, to justice! I would like to loan as much money as possible, from as many people as possible. Donations will be much appreciated, even small ones.
Zayid bin Sultan Al Nuhayyan

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 11:59 AM
if thiland will join us, we will give you the next turn ,all of our money, becuase we won't have any other thing to do for some turns, but if they won't so we will help right on the next turn, we will give you 10 crdits next turn, if they won't join (it will be much more if they will join but the credits will come one turn after)

Aug 19, 2002, 12:01 PM
Many thank for your generous offer! This shall long be remembered!

Kennelly
Aug 19, 2002, 12:08 PM
To:World

We're very concerned about recent reports Iraq has developed Nuclear Weapons.Though we most likely aren't in their range now,as our country is expanding north we'll be under threat soon.

To:ATO

Probably we should consider a preemptive strike against Iraq.

To:United Arab Emirates

We want to assure you of our DPP and will help you in case of Iraqi conventional or nuclear attack.

To:Kingdom of Norway and Finland

Do you require help in fighting Sweden as they declared war on you?

ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the recent integration of more nations from March 2003 (next turn) we will no longer be the Union of South Africa,but the African Union which will soon stretch from Cape of Good Hope to Suez Canal.

Kennelly
Aug 19, 2002, 01:05 PM
Rev,I hope you don't mind I took your great pre-work and 'upgraded' it.

I included Britain and non-player nations with Empires Iran,Mexico,Brazil,Argentina and India.

trader/warrior
Aug 19, 2002, 01:15 PM
to:ATO
i would only need some air assistance

to:USA
could you plase lend me that close air support unit of yours?i will replace it if it is destroyed.ill give them permission to land in norway.

to:italy
could you plase lend me those close air support units of yours(or just one)?i will replace them if they are destroyed.ill give them permission to land in norway.

RoddyVR
Aug 19, 2002, 01:58 PM
from trader/warrior on USA subThread

just so you know norway is a member of ATO.

oh? when did i miss it? when did you become a member? how did that happen?
not that i mind (a lot) but i thought i should be at least informed of invitations to an allience im part of.

EDIT:
i know i had/have a DPP with norway, but as far as i was aware thats it.

Kennelly
Aug 19, 2002, 02:10 PM
ATTACK ORDERS FOR TURN 8 STARTING IN 3 HOURS:

3 Armoured divisions,2 Mechanized Infantry divisions,1 Infantry division,1 Close Air Support Squadron and 1 Gunship squadron invade Congo-Brazzaville.

RoddyVR
Aug 19, 2002, 02:11 PM
to:USA
could you plase lend me that close air support unit of yours?i will replace it if it is destroyed.ill give them permission to land in norway.

sorry but your war with sweeden was started by you. therefore it does NOT activate my DPP with you. you are one of 2 nuclear powers at this point. threaten Sweden or something.
Sweden is a passive country(non player) so your war with them is your problem, much like if i try to invade mexico and they kick the living crap out of me ;)

/ooc UK, just how 'passive' are non player countries? like is there a chance that mexico will invade me even though i aint done/doing anything hostile towards them?

RoddyVR
Aug 19, 2002, 02:23 PM
/ooc didnt Obsesed nuker take over Russia? the first post still says tha Anarchy has it, but no thread.

Turn 7
USA attacks Haiti
1st Helicopter Transport - Carry 1st Armor
2nd Helicopter Transport - Carry 2nd Armor
1st Armor Division - Haiti=Attack
2nd Armor Division - Haiti=Attack
2nd Close Air Support - Haiti=Attack

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 02:24 PM
norway, if thailand won't join us, we will lend you some money after we will lend 10c to UAE. (we can't let madmans be with nukes)
I hope that thailand understand that this is a request to peace (we have too many people to help, and we can do it while we at war).
and last thing, I hope that india won't attack me if tiwan will, becuase "they started it" (a child to his teacher).

and last thing, as I promised you all (almost you all) that I will never conquer taiwan, so know this: even if she will attack me, all I'll do back to her will be destoing her armies but not conquer her, becuase I mad a promise, and china will forever stand-up with her promises.
(other very in game news will come later)

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 02:58 PM
turn8: give 10 credits to UAE and8c to norway. keep 3 for next turn factory.

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 19, 2002, 03:03 PM
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th T-80 divisions attack mongolia(at least I think that is its name its the one in between Russia and China

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 03:04 PM
you already have mongolia...

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 19, 2002, 03:07 PM
Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erez87
Aug 19, 2002, 03:08 PM
attack in europ, 4+ credit countries...

Revolutionairy
Aug 19, 2002, 03:17 PM
Obssesed Nuker check the map on page 30 for your next target

IceEye
Aug 19, 2002, 03:28 PM
Does it cost half the price of the unit rounded down to repair it?

IceEye
Aug 19, 2002, 03:34 PM
To: Norway
As my ancestors where swedish(ooc: hehe) I will not interfere on either side in this conflict.

Demetrias
Aug 19, 2002, 05:40 PM
Turn 7 Australia invades Federated States of Micronesia.
With Two Armour Division. Transport by Aeroplane Division.

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 05:46 PM
Okay guys, rather than a totally random system(me and my head, isn't a good combination :p ), I'm going to be using a conversion of a totally secret system that me and Gbotto are going to be using for WarGame3 on the forum I linked to in the first post.

I can't tell you the system since it will allow you to take advantage of it, but rest assured that the battles will be a lot more realistic and fair now.

Nemesis

RoddyVR
Aug 19, 2002, 06:52 PM
so how long do we have to wait until you are gonna use it? ;) :p

SKILORD
Aug 19, 2002, 08:45 PM
Poland declares her intentions to form the UES, United European States. They will be run as America is now and as the Polish empire is, with Lithuanians handling Lithuanian business and yet a Polish force pervading over all, helping where help is needed and taxing slightly.

I ask for the blessing of the USA and britain.

SKILORD
Aug 19, 2002, 08:48 PM
Theoretically it will stretch from spain to Belarys.

uknemesis
Aug 19, 2002, 11:05 PM
I'll do the results in the morning, I feel dead after helping make WarGame3 lol.

Roddy, I've put you down for Canada(you could have had Pakistan who have one more credit, but they're right in the middle of it all). You can change if you want if you hurry.

All other CivFanatic people going to play it, I haven't put you down for any since I'm not sure which of you are on holiday lol!

Nemesis

trader/warrior
Aug 20, 2002, 07:09 AM
i just want to advertise my new NES (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29926)

trader/warrior
Aug 20, 2002, 07:12 AM
to:sweden
i am wery sorry for my stupid act of war, you are a powerfull country and you are not to be played with, so will you sign this peace treaty?

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 08:52 AM
i gave norway 8c as present, to continue the war in sweden, now they wan't to stop it?
and UAE got 10, to be used against irak.

Aug 20, 2002, 09:03 AM
With the 10c borrowed from China, UAE built its first tactical nuke. It is on a submarine somewhere in the persian gulf.

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 09:08 AM
to World
From USA

what is it with you guys and Nukes? you cant use them anyway as it would start the destruction of the world and the one to nuke first would get 'gangbanged' by the rest of the world. why wast the money on building it.

/ooc you cant even intimidate a neutral country into joining you no matter how many nukes you have.

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:12 AM
kans, no nukes please, i wan't you to fight nukes, no build ones...

uknemesis
You can, but usually they'll try anything to stay free first...

Like Sweden has a way to stop Norway should trader/warrior ever decide to press the button lol.

Also, combat will be done in a few minutes.

Nemesis

PS: Roddy, I couldn't get you Brazil, but I put you back as Canada rather than Pakistan. Is that okay?

ooc: i was threatend to be nuked, so i think i have the right to 'flaunt' my nukes.

Aug 20, 2002, 09:23 AM
erez, in some posts you said you gave me 10c, in others you said you borrowed it to me, wich one is it?

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 09:32 AM
Knas, i think he lent it to you, and since you built the nuke with it i suggest you send him the nuke instead of the money (the :rocket2: way)

Aug 20, 2002, 09:33 AM
hehe well, if i dont use on Iraq or their 'secret' ally, i guess that is an option... :satan:

:lol:

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:34 AM
i gave 10c to you and 8 to norway, I GAVE THEM.
you probably ask why...
I don't have nothing to do with them and making the irakies gone is a good thing for me.
about sweden i just need more allies becuase everyone near me, hate me...

Aug 20, 2002, 09:35 AM
oh, well thanks :)

trader/warrior
Aug 20, 2002, 09:39 AM
was given the money to continiue the war? well ok ill continioue it

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:39 AM
ooh, and don't try to threat me, i'll have an icbm, long befor you will be near me...

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:43 AM
and i'll continue to give to norway money until sweden will be beaten.
and i'll continue to give UAE money until irak and her ally will die.

i'll give money every two turns (cuase i wan't to continue buildung factories.)

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 09:43 AM
for someone trying to stop nukes...

ooh, and don't try to threat me, i'll have an icbm, long befor you will be near me...

oh and you could always build more factories with extra money

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:46 AM
USA, don't try to make me stop help others, even if you already did it.
UAE is out of the gift list of of santa-china

trader/warrior
Aug 20, 2002, 09:47 AM
if you join me ill not destroy you, ill build factories in your country and make your people wealthy.if not ill just push this little red button.

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:49 AM
NO NUKES OR YOU WILL BE OUT OF THE LIST TOO!!!
(oh but treating it's ok, if i'm not the treatend country)

uknemesis
Aug 20, 2002, 09:56 AM
TO NORWAY
FROM SWEDEN

Try it, we dare you.

Aug 20, 2002, 09:57 AM
Iraq threatend to nuke me, so i built a nuke for self defence...

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 09:59 AM
NO NUKES OR YOU WILL BE OUT OF THE LIST TOO!!!
(oh but treating it's ok, if i'm not the treatend country)

the first phrase makes the second useless. if he cant use them and everyone knows that then whats the point of threatening? the only answer he will get for threatening now is
"you cant nuke me, china will stop liking you if you do. Ha ha"

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 09:59 AM
you are out not becuas the nukes, only becuase USA , that made you threatening me with nukes..

trader/warrior
Aug 20, 2002, 10:00 AM
i also built aa nuke for self defence..........against the humongous blue turkeys that are following me everyvere. JK.

Aug 20, 2002, 10:00 AM
that was a joke, did you see the ':lol:' smiley?

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 10:01 AM
sweeden should have what like 40 credits worth of stuff now? what did the anti missle system cost? *goes to look it up.

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 10:01 AM
i'll still like him, he can nuke the other country, and then win anyway...
but im making 2 lists:
black list, not geting money in times of need.
white list, will get money in times of need.
this will include natural countries.

EDIT:
this is the 666 massage in this thread...

trader/warrior
Aug 20, 2002, 10:21 AM
tto:the wurld exept sweden
i will not nuke sweden unless he attacs me(this is secret from sweden, he doesent know).

Aug 20, 2002, 10:32 AM
erez, who is on your black/white list?

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 10:44 AM
what if one of the countries that is friendly with sweden (there must be some) tells them your 'secret' message

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 10:58 AM
the lists (blue, white and black (if it was red so i was USA))
are in my thread now!

SKILORD
Aug 20, 2002, 11:37 AM
Poland Declares that the UES, United European States, will begin forming next turn!

IceEye
Aug 20, 2002, 01:40 PM
To: Poland
You better rethink your plans. Italy will not stand passive as Poland steals countries that rightfully should belong to Italy.

Dexter
Aug 20, 2002, 03:07 PM
Turkey Invades Iran!
The Turkish President today officially declared war on Iran following recent territorial disputes.
5 Armor Divisions from Turkey and Azerbaijan are to swoop into Iran supported by 2 Infantry Divisions from Turkey and 1 Close Air Support Squadron.

erez87
Aug 20, 2002, 03:35 PM
Turn 9
A new factory have just been opened in laos, now all of the countries that have been conquerd by china when she was comunism are ready to get their wish come true, right in the next turn.

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 20, 2002, 03:49 PM
New units:

Speacil water forces:best EX seals.okay attack poor defense, can paricapated in sneak attacks, can luanche sneak attacks from rafts and water transports, includes jeeps but can only take them with them if using water transport or attacking across land if they cannot bring theyre jeeps they must be dropped closer to their target increasing chance of faluire .cost:?

raft:no defense, no attack(upgraded to poor attack and defense when carring unit) can transport ONE INFANTRY(I mean speacil forces(land air and sea kinds) or infantry divisin) can not carry the land transports.cost?

speacil air forces:best EX rangers, see water speacil forces for attack and defense, can particapate in sneak attacks, includes jeeps but can only take them with them if using gliders or choppers(the choppers have a hook that attachs to the jeep) see speacil water forces for counsaquinces for not bringing jeeps.cost?

gliders: poor attack and defense, can carry one land unit including thier land transports(like jeeps) and armored units, includes support units to tow and protect them

uknemesis
Aug 20, 2002, 06:04 PM
Okay, I am way behind, I keep meaning to make the results but I forget and get rushed off my feet.

Can someone give me a quick list of combat, so I can skim the last few pages and find the fights, or give a more detailed list to make my life even easier?

Or if you want to be a really good person lol, put links to the posts. I can't ask you to individually state combat again, since then the people who aren't on at the moment don't get theirs resolved.

Please someone help!

Nemesis

Demetrias
Aug 20, 2002, 06:08 PM
I can't do that link stuff so heres mine. Invade Federated States of Micronesia. With two armour divisions transported by aeroplane transport.

OOC- Oh and uk thats for turn seven cause i am one behind so once you do that i am going to post my turn eight moves can you do them real fast for me so i can catch back up with every one else.

uknemesis
Aug 20, 2002, 07:08 PM
I think everyone's behind, cause I didn't do last night's combat.

Okay, you win, but one armour division at half strength.

uknemesis
Aug 20, 2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Obssesed Nuker
New units:

Speacil water forces:best EX seals.okay attack poor defense, can paricapated in sneak attacks, can luanche sneak attacks from rafts and water transports, includes jeeps but can only take them with them if using water transport or attacking across land if they cannot bring theyre jeeps they must be dropped closer to their target increasing chance of faluire .cost:? 12 credits

raft:no defense, no attack(upgraded to poor attack and defense when carring unit) can transport ONE INFANTRY(I mean speacil forces(land air and sea kinds) or infantry divisin) can not carry the land transports.cost? 2 credits

speacil air forces:best EX rangers, see water speacil forces for attack and defense, can particapate in sneak attacks, includes jeeps but can only take them with them if using gliders or choppers(the choppers have a hook that attachs to the jeep) see speacil water forces for counsaquinces for not bringing jeeps.cost? 15 credits

gliders: poor attack and defense, can carry one land unit including thier land transports(like jeeps) and armored units, includes support units to tow and protect them 5 credits

RoddyVR
Aug 20, 2002, 09:12 PM
i dont think my attack into Haiti ever got resolved, here it is again.

Turn 7
USA attacks Haiti
1st Helicopter Transport - Carry 1st Armor
2nd Helicopter Transport - Carry 2nd Armor
1st Armor Division - Haiti=Attack
2nd Armor Division - Haiti=Attack
2nd Close Air Support - Haiti=Attack

i cant do turn 8 (which i think was due about 6 hours ago) cause i dont know the outcome of the attack.
UK i know you been very busy with the horizons game 3, so i think we understand why you let this turn run so long.
anyway, i gonna do my turn 8 tommorow cause i aint staying up long enough now to do it anyway, even if you do the combat now.

Demetrias
Aug 21, 2002, 04:56 AM
Turn eight. Australia invades Brunei with four amour

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 06:25 AM
Okay, I'm going to spend god knows how long finally resolving all the combat I've missed.

But once I've done that:

NEW RULE! I WILL MAKE A UKNESIV ATTACK THREAD, WHERE YOU WILL POST ATTACKS. ONLY ATTACKS SHOULD BE POSTED THERE, AND I WILL POST THE OUTCOMES IN HERE. PLEASE DON'T BOTHER POSTING ATTACKS IN HERE FROM NOW ON, I WILL NOT RESOLVE IT!

Nemesis

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 07:52 AM
Right, to bring the UKNESIV completely up to date(should be easier to resolve combat with it being in a different thread from now on, no more reading through pages to find invasions).

TURN 8 COMBAT

***SOUTH AFRICA INVADES THE REPUBLIC OF CONGO***

The fighting is very brutal, neither side giving an inch. Despite being outnumbered, the Republican troops fight well, then withdraw to the capital, knowing that this is a weakness for the South African army.

But the South Africans, already having lost a number of men, are more cautious this time. The infantry scale the walls as they did last time, this time supported by gunships. The gunships come under fire from over-the-shoulder SAMs, but stay at their post to make sure the infantry get in okay.

The Close Air Support Squadron takes out the command centre of the enemy, and the city's defences begin to crumble. When the infantry that have got inside blast open the gates and destroy the anti-tank weapons there, the armoured and mechanised divisions pour in. The battle is almost over, apart from one last charge by the infantry on the Palace, as the leader of the Republic survived the attack on the Command Centre and is hiding in his throne room.

The infantry charge in, and find themselves fighting his elite bodyguard.

The President himself draws a sword and challenges the leader of the infantry, who accepts the challenge.

When the President is beheaded by this brave soldier, the Republican Guard put down their weapons and surrender.

"There were so many examples of bravery and heroism," the South African commander later said. "The gunship squadron, sacrificing themselves for the infantry, the leader of the infantry fighting one of the best swordsmen in the world in a fair swordfight, and the armour divisions that had to drive through a city full to the brim of anti-tank weapons."

WIN!

Losses:
1 Infantry Division at half strength
1 Gunship Squadron
1 Mechanised Infantry Division
1 Mechanised Infantry Division at half strength
2 Armour Divisions

***THE USA INVADES HAITI***

United States troops landed on Haiti in a bid to take control of the Caribbean.

But as soon as they landed, it was clear something wasn't right. Infantry toyed with them, then ran away, playing cat and mouse with them.

Finally it seemed they had them cornered, and the armour divisions rushed to finish the infantry off.

But then the anti-tank weapons of the mechanised infantry, hidden amongst the trees, opened fire, as did the infantry themselves.

The Close Air Support Squadron rained bombs down upon the mechanised infantry, destroying one unit, and one infantry unit was killed by the armour divisions before they managed to escape.

An attempt by the CAS Squadron to buy time for the fleeing armour divisions ended in tragedy as the Haiti soldiers opened fire with SAMs, knocking them out of the sky.

A statue is to be made in Washington in honour of their sacrifice.

LOSS!

Losses:
2 Armour Divisions at half strength

***TURKEY INVADES IRAN***

At first it seemed a textbook operation. Then it turned into hell on earth.

The tanks streamed in, finding little resistance. Then the town they were in, which seemed too quiet erupted with life, as two infantry divisions threw themselves at the tanks in a suicidal move, many carrying grenades with the pins already out.

The infantry were quickly defeated, but the cost was dreadful.

Turkish infantry soon caught up with the tanks, most of which were now damaged. The infantry scouted ahead for more suicide attacks, but found none.

But that was what the Iranian leader had planned.

One mechanised infantry division cut the infantry off from the tanks, and began to fight the armour to keep them back.

While this was happening, the other mechanised infantry division attacked the infantry, using rocket launchers, machine guns and grenades, and even running over some infantry in a massacre.

The enraged tank divisions smashed their way through the Iranian mechanised divisions, and proceeded to crush them as revenge.

No Iranian soldier was left alive. They had done as they had been told, and not questioned it, and that was enough for the Turkish soldiers who had just seen their comrades murdered.

The Close Air Support Squadron had been killed too, it later turned out. While landing to refuel, they had been surprised by Iranian infantry, and butchered.

Roughly one armour division had survived the slaughter, and were beginning to settle down, confident that they had finally won, when another nasty surprise came.

The armoured division of Iran, the Iranian Guard, had been in Afghanistan keeping the peace. But now it had returned home, to slaughter the injured and tired Turkish.

The leader of Iran then smiled as he returned at the head of his Guard unit.

For now he had a red button to push.

LOSS!

Losses:
5 Armour Divisions
2 Infantry Divisions
1 CAS Squadron

TURN 9 COMBAT

***AUSTRALIA INVADES BRUNEI***

If there was ever a better case of underestimating your enemy, it was here.

4 armour divisions are a strong force, most will agree, but when faced against 6 infantry divisions, who are good at defending in this climate, numbers begin to come into play.

The armour divisions were driven back for the cost of half of Brunei's infantry force.

LOSS!

Losses:
2 Armour Divisions
2 Armour Divisions at half strength

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 08:07 AM
turn 9??????

im still in turn 7 for cripes sake!!

UK that invasion of haiti was in turn 7. if you resolved it in 8 then they had more defence then they should have. but whatever. dam thos CAS things are useless. waht were thier total defences?

could you tell me what the haitians lost? so that i know what to do with them now. as i understand the narative, they lost a mech and an infantry. so if i understand correctly they should have 1 mech left.

aint sure if i should post this question here or in the attack thread, so gonna do it in both

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 08:24 AM
Roddy: Don't post it in the attack thread

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 08:29 AM
Roddy: Keep it in Turn 8, cause I've just realised that if I'd been forced to only spend 14 credits on the Haiti defence, instead of 2 mech and 2 infantry I'd have bought 1 mech and 3 infantry, and the power of that defence is the same as the first roughly, and would still beat your attack.

Okay, everyone who posts in the Attack Thread, it is ONLY for attacks, not questions, they should be posted here.

Also, please put the turn of your attack in an attack post.

Nemesis

PS: Haiti has one mech and one infantry left

Kennelly
Aug 21, 2002, 09:11 AM
I assume there is no required garrison?

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 09:25 AM
Oops lol...

Well, these required garrisons are just p*ssing me off(having to think of fair ones), and I bet annoying most of you.

Also, I've seen in WarGame2, they have very little effect overall.

So basically, if there's resistance, I'll put the result of that resistance in the outcome.

BASICALLY, THERE ARE NO MORE GARRISONS NEEDED!

Nemesis

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 09:29 AM
uk the BIG differnce between wheather i attack in turn 7 or eight is what ATTACKING units there are, not the defence.
i gain strength MUCH faster then Haiti.
anyway, i gonna consider that attack to be the way it was, but in turn 7, and gonna do another attack in turn 8 on it (they should NOT have more money to spend on defence since they spent their turn 8 money a turn early)
you cant just 'move' my attack to turn 8 cause that efectively shorts me a turn relative to all the other players.

i will edit the post i put into the attack thread to a single line blank.

Kennelly
Aug 21, 2002, 09:30 AM
so I can use troops garrisoned in my attacks this turn?

Cool,5 new divisions to attack.

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 09:32 AM
also have a question. those armor divisions that are now at 1/2 strength:
they didnt take the land they were attacking, so i assume they are now either back on the choppers they came on, or on the lands they came from.
can i fix them and attack this turn, or do i have to ship them back to the mainland first?

EDIT: changed next turn to this turn since thats what i meant

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 09:56 AM
***NORWAY INVADES SWEDEN***

The Norwegians invaded Sweden, knowing that Sweden had had plenty of time to prepare.

And they had been preparing well.

The Swedish frigate which had been stealthily hunting the Norwegian missile submarine ambushed it, punishing the Norwegians for not defending their nuclear arms properly.

The CAS Squadron tried to come to the submarine's aid, but the AA guns of the frigate proved too powerful. In a desperate attempt, the final few CAS planes ploughed into the frigate to sink it.

But it was too late, Norway's nuclear arsenal had just been sunk.

As the huge army crossed the border, Operation Serpent came online. The Royal Swedish Bomber Squadron took off once more, this time with a nuclear load.

The nuclear bomb was dropped on the advancing Norwegian army, destroying 1 armour division and all infantry divisions.

The Bomber Squadron then did the unthinkable, it used the guns that defend it from fighters etc to actually attack the gunship squadrons. These lumbering great beasts of planes cutting through the gunship squadrons caused confusion, and many helicopters actually hit each other. Some bombers were taken down simply by accidentally hitting a Norwegian chopper.

Eventually, the gunships fall, and the bombers limp home.

The Stockholm Mechanised Infantry Division defends Stockholm in a fierce battle against the rabble of armour that's left, and the Norwegians limp home, a bit more radioactive than before.

The Swedish Prime Minister warned that Sweden has another nuclear missile available, and will use it should Norway ever try such a stupid thing again.

LOSS!

Losses:
2 Armour Divisions
3 Infantry Divisions
2 Gunship Squadrons
1 CAS Squadron
1 Missile Submarine
1 Tactical Nuke

***SOUTH AFRICA INVADES RWANDA***

The South Africans find that the Rwanda Defence Force, made completely of well trained infantry and artillery, is a hard nut to crack.

The 5 infantry divisions first ambush the half-strength mechanised infantry as they scout ahead, and then shoot down the CAS Squadron as it rushes to help with shoulder mounted and artillery SAMs.

The armour divisions rush ahead of the infantry, chasing the fleeing Rwandans into a quiet village.

There they are surrounded, and only one sixth survive.

The infantry find themselves in a pitched battle with the Rwandans, but these brave men, led by the infantry division that scaled the walls of two capitals and killed a President, crush the Rwandans in a fierce battle.

Losses:
2 Armour Divisions
2 Mechanised Infantry Divisions
3 Infantry Divisions
2 Infantry Divisions at half strength

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 10:01 AM
Roddy: It is turn 9 now.

You may only attack on what turn it is now. Since you didn't attack in Turn 8(you want to leave it at 7), then Haiti has had one set of credits on top of what it fought you with.

Your units may attack again straight away, a retreat isn't counted as movement.

Nemesis

trader/warrior
Aug 21, 2002, 10:05 AM
I HATE THAT BOMBER!!!!!!!!!

Kennelly
Aug 21, 2002, 10:06 AM
To:Kingdom of Sweden

We strongly condemn your use of nuclear weapons.Your once neutral country has become a threat to the whole world.If our friends and allys in Oslo ask for,we will declare war on Sweden.

To:All peaceful nations

I suggest a trade embargo to punish the nuclear aggressors in Stockholm.

Aug 21, 2002, 10:07 AM
To: Norway
We offer you our condolances, but im afraid that is all we have to offer, as you know we too are tangled up in a conflict with a nuclear madman.

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 10:11 AM
norway, next turn (i wanted to build some mechs but not, i'll help you)
build anti air.. build an artilery against this bomber.
i'll give you more money, i'll give you 15c, but only next turn, and this time just finish to conquaer sweden fast, very fast, that they won't have the time to lunch nukes.
if you don't wan't to attack again, so i'll give you 5 credits, to grow yourself (maybe build a factory), and attack somone else, or again sweden if you will be ready enough.

and Nemesis, i ask from you this:
there is a factory, so what about a nuclear power plant, that make factories gain more credits, or a nuclear factory that cost more... and give much more money...

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 10:11 AM
TURN 9, NOT EIGHT SINCE IT WAS ORDERED DURING TURN 9

***THE USA INVADES HAITI***

The United States Army returns to Haiti, desperate for revenge.

The Haiti government is lent 1 credit($10,000) by an unknown backer. Most say it was Brazil or Mexico.

They use this, along with their money to buy another infantry division.

The American Light Armour proves to have a flaw just like all other armour, it can be pierced by anti-tank missiles.

This is proven when the Light Armour and two infantry divisions move to take Saint-Marc. They are ambushed by Haiti's two infantry divisions and locals, and massacred, with only the arrival of an armour division rescuing half a division of infantry. The Haiti infantry is soon routed.

The US advances on Port-au-Prince, and there a mechanised infantry division puts up stiff resistance, crushing one armour division.

But the Americans take the capital, and the battle is won.

Losses:
1 Armour Division
1 Light Armour Division
2 Infantry Divisions

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 10:12 AM
i declear a trade embargo on swden!

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 10:15 AM
erez: Factories build units, power plants don't.

So no bigger factories I'm afraid.

Trader/warrior: I'm afraid you should have protected that submarine, and if you didn't want to be nuked(you already knew they had the bomber to do it), you should have sent artillery with the army, it may have shot the bomber down before it dropped it(leaving it in Norway wouldn't have helped since they didn't nuke Norway).

And your best defence against making sure that bomber never reaches its target are fighters.

Nemesis

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 10:17 AM
TO THE WORLD
FROM SWEDEN

We were being attacked by overwhelming numbers.

Norway had threatened us with nuclear weapons.

How did you expect us to react? We took out their nukes, then had to do something to stop their army. We only nuked their army, and it was on deserted SWEDISH soil, not Norwegian.

So please have some sympathy, we are not the tyrannical fascists that invaded a peaceful nation!

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 10:22 AM
you are not peacfull, by norwayn reporter, you are helping terorists (this was why he attacked you from the first place).
we wan't you to declear that you are disabaling the nuke you have, and stop giving money to terorists,AMD PROOVE IT.

nemesis, thepower plant, will only make factories gainmore gold, it must cost 5 reservcash, and all turn cash, and i won't gain for two turns, any cash, ok? i need this power plant!

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 10:25 AM
uk, alright whatever, consider that attack to be turn 9 then.
i guess its my own fault for not nagging you enough (reposting) to do the turn 7 attack on time, and then not comming back often enough to squize my turn 8 in there somewhere yesterday.

i guess i didnt do anything at all turn 8 (or 7 if that first attack was on turn 8, it dont matter).
i gonna add a factory to my orders then i guess, since i have the credits. we'll see.
anyway i guess the summary is:
USA's first attack on Haiti was on turn 8 (or turn 7 with haiti using turn 8 credits) and the second attack is on turn 9.
i gonna go change my thread around to reflect that.

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 10:43 AM
erez, just build another factory in the same country! whats the difference.

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 10:45 AM
i don't want too, i want better factories... i don't wan't lots of factories that will be destroied by one nuke, i want sevral, not a lot, that will earn like a lot of factories...

Aug 21, 2002, 10:52 AM
So will the nuclear powerplant. Besides, it would be cheaper to just build extra factorys. Just place alot of the factories in one country, and build a SDI in it.

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 10:55 AM
if you have a few SUPER factories, they gonna get destroyed by a nuke anyway, but they will be EASIER for Spec ops to destory (less targets).

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 11:06 AM
so, norwy, are you going to attack sweden (and get 15c from me to do so)
or not attacking and then get only 5c for growing (maybe building a factory somewhere)

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 11:10 AM
alright i updated my thread with turn 9 stuff. if i have not COMPLETELY lost track of all time, then turn 10 should start at about 7pm my time (midnight GMT) right?

so that means i can do turn 10 tommorow during the day with no problems.

its getting to the start of the school year so my workload is doubling almost every other day, so i am going to be here MUCH less then i have been. I will still have time for the NESs i have subscribed to, so i aint quiting or anything.

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 11:17 AM
TO CHINA
FROM INDIA

You are going too far, meddling in European affairs. Send money to Norway to continue a nuclear war in Europe, which could threaten the safety of our Commonwealth ally, Britain, by de-stabilising Europe.

You say you hate the Swedish, but what have they done? Sweden has never backed terrorists, it is a peaceful nation, now forced to war by an aggressive Norway.

Should you send more money to Europe, and continue to de-stabilise other nations, we will be forced into a course of action with Taiwan and others to remove you from power.

TO THE WORLD
FROM SWEDEN

We have never supported terrorists, and used a nuclear missile only for defence, unlike the Norwegians who:

Attacked without reason
Threatened civilisation centres with nuclear missiles
Invaded neutral Finland

Please use your common sense and see Norway for the tyrant he is!

RoddyVR
Aug 21, 2002, 11:29 AM
caution: blatant discrimination against nonplayer countries to follow.

To Sweden

you're right, but.....

Norway has a right to be a tyrant. You dont.

President Roddy, USA

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 11:46 AM
well becuase indian threats (they are much more powerfull then me) i need to stop give norway money to fight.

norway, want an MPP?

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 11:48 AM
and nemesis, what armies, and where india have?
i can ask this, right?
everyone know where are mine, i wan't to know theirs...

edit: blue white and black lists, have been changed a bit

edit2: becuase of too many threats on china from several countries, china have desided to build her air defense.
if next year there will be no wars, and other problems, china will build a nuklear war head, that will be shoot on every country that will enter to china with armies.
no metter what what, this nuke will not be used for attacks, or defense against other nukes! only as last defense.

SKILORD
Aug 21, 2002, 12:00 PM
Poland Invades Germany with 4 Armored Divisions, 1 Mech Infantry, and 4 Hinds.

SKILORD
Aug 21, 2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by IceEye
To: Poland
You better rethink your plans. Italy will not stand passive as Poland steals countries that rightfully should belong to Italy.

I demand all Nations East of Germany are mine.

SKILORD
Aug 21, 2002, 12:05 PM
Italy:
you may keep Slovenia and the swiss.

The UES has now begun it's formation, next stop superpower.

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 12:06 PM
oh and last thing for now, it's not fair that everyone will know where is my nuke sub, and just come and destroy it, it's just not fair...

trader/warrior
Aug 21, 2002, 12:21 PM
you are calling ME a tyrant? look at the other countries, they are attacking more countries than i(no offence other countries. and it was you who destroyed all of my army by nuking them.

PS.i wasnt gonna nuke you.(im human unlike you)

to:china
i accept the MPP. i suggest you try to get a NAP with india, if you two become friends you could rule the world!

erez87
Aug 21, 2002, 12:23 PM
i already have a NAP with india, a very important one, becuase everything that i do they against me...

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 12:33 PM
erez: You surround your submarine with defences, like attack submarines.

They should usually hold off a decent sized attack long enough for you to fire...

SKILORD, attacks MUST be posted in the UKNESIV Attack Thread, or they won't be resolved, since I'm not looking through pages of stuff to look for them from now on lol.

Nemesis

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 21, 2002, 03:49 PM
I am bombing Japan(a sure sign of a planned invasion) with a fighter escort dont forget!

uknemesis
Aug 21, 2002, 06:35 PM
TURN 9 COMBAT

***RUSSIA BOMBS JAPAN***

Two Japanese fighter squadrons rush to intercept the enemy.

The Russian bomber squadron escapes, but the Russian fighters lose their lives defending the lumbering bombers.

Japan's air force was cut in half though too.

LOSS!

Losses:
1 Fighter Squadron

TURN 10 COMBAT

Turn 10 Combat will be resolved later tomorrow, as I need my sleep since I'm getting my GCSE results AND have a job interview tomorrow(not to mention having to go to the gym and celebrate if I do well etc!).

Wish me luck...

Nemesis

Demetrias
Aug 21, 2002, 09:04 PM
OOC- I was wondering since i lost that last battle does that mean an armour division can no longer beat two infantry. i remember from the earlier post when asked about what would get you a when you answered with this.

uknemesis
Aug 22, 2002, 03:33 AM
Armour can easily beat infantry, and usually beat mechanised infantry.

Somtimes it can beat two infantry or two mechanised infantry(if you're very lucky).

Nemesis

erez87
Aug 22, 2002, 09:16 AM
china decleares her new name:
United asian nations (UAN)

and declears vietnam, kambodia and laos free autonom countries.

Aug 22, 2002, 10:18 AM
Have you stopped the monetary donations to help free Iraq?

erez87
Aug 22, 2002, 10:28 AM
would UAE wan't an MPP
i can't give money every turn, i needed to build some armies to myself.
in the end UAE is not out of the list, but only from turn 12 i'll continue to give money, becuase i need to start defend myself, i'v been treatened too many times (even by you, atomicly)

Aug 22, 2002, 10:44 AM
To:China
I'm afraid i can't sign a MPP without Turkey's permission, however, a DPP i would sign gladly.

trader/warrior
Aug 22, 2002, 10:58 AM
norway hereby declares that their plans of uniting scandinavia are canceled.

erez87
Aug 22, 2002, 11:02 AM
from china
to UAE
no, i don't wan't any DPP, only MPP, count to me.

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 22, 2002, 02:45 PM
Japan has two fighters!!!!!! Its gonna be harder to defeat them then I thought
P.S What are Japanese cusaltys?

RoddyVR
Aug 22, 2002, 03:11 PM
hey UK, i got a question.

since you said that we dont have to keep track of where our units are within our empires for attacks, does that mean i could build units this turn (in US) and then use them same turn to attack the Dom. Rep. from haiti? even though my air transports cant get back to US and back to haiti in one turn(or can they?)

ill do my orders for turn 10 right before the deadline (i get home 23:30 GMT). hope you answer by then.
thanks.

uknemesis
Aug 22, 2002, 04:31 PM
Transports can move unlimited within your own territory.

Nemesis

uknemesis
Aug 22, 2002, 05:41 PM
ORDERS FOR TURN 10 STARTING IN TWO HOURS:

Invade Uganda with 3 Armoured division,3 Mechanized Infantry division and 2 Infantry division.

SUCCESS

Losses: 2 armoured divisions, 1 mechanised infantry division.

Australia invades Brunei.
three armour supported by a cas squadron

SUCCESS

Losses: 1 armour division
1 at half strength

LOSS

Losses: 3 armoured divisions, 3 Hind squadrons, 1 mech infantry at half strength

All fighters destroy Japanese airforce
bombers bomb Tokyo with firebombs(aim for the emporers palace)(this bombing is part distraction and part revenge)

SUCCESS

Losses: 1 bomber squadron, 1 fighter squadron.

RoddyVR
Aug 23, 2002, 07:31 AM
cool, thats good to know. too bad i didnt get online yesterday, so i guess i just banked those credits from turn 10.
i gotta stop relying on getting home on time to do the orders :)

SKILORD
Aug 23, 2002, 11:40 AM

LOSS

Losses: 3 armoured divisions, 3 Hind squadrons, 1 mech infantry at half strength

WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO THEY HAVE DEFENDING THAT NATION!

did i even scratch 'em?

RoddyVR
Aug 23, 2002, 12:10 PM
is it just me or is this game going in the theme of "players VS neutrals" :lol:
maybe we should start doing like 3 or 4 turns at a time (wait 3 turns to buildl LARGE attack force then take a little country) instead of 1 turn a day? we aint fighting eachother anyway.
/jk
the neutrals seem to be kicking our buts anyway. :lol:

uknemesis
Aug 23, 2002, 12:21 PM
SKILORD: Think, it was turn 10, Germany is worth 5 credits.

That means 50 credits worth of stuff defending them lol, which meant a mix of mechanised infantry, infantry, artillery and fighters.

:D

Nemesis

Kennelly
Aug 23, 2002, 12:34 PM
Haha,I'm the only one without a failed invasion (actively playing).

BTW,uk,do you buy for Britain and Syria?

I won't be here from tomorrow morning till Sunday afternoon,so please resolve my attack on Burundi,so I can give orders for tomorrow.

uknemesis
Aug 23, 2002, 01:04 PM
I'm not buying for Britain and Syria unless they're invaded(I didn't see a post by Jason saying he'd actually gone anyway lol, I thought he'd say when he went).

But the main thing is, they can spend their banked credits when they return.

Nemesis

Aug 23, 2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Kennelly
Haha,I'm the only one without a failed invasion (actively playing).

BTW,uk,do you buy for Britain and Syria?

I won't be here from tomorrow morning till Sunday afternoon,so please resolve my attack on Burundi,so I can give orders for tomorrow.

Haha, I was the first on with a failed invasion!

Somehow i just don't feel very proud about it lol!

Demetrias
Aug 23, 2002, 04:53 PM
OOC- Uk i did not miss a turn you did not do my combat on the right turn and so i have not been able to do this on time. I am here not missing its you who where missing. Thats why i am complaining. If you do my last attack orders as 11 then you had better add two more armour and change the artillery to a cas.

Uk i go to school and play football our schedules are completely off. Because of this it took to turns to fix a miss read. i don't get home till the start of a new turn so please fix it man. i hate to be a pain but it really bugs me that you make me this far behind all the other player nations because i can only get on when yall are off.

Aug 23, 2002, 05:28 PM
To: Iraq and her 'secret' ally
Know now that our nuclear weapons program is finished. We have the capability to strike you wherever you may be. If any nukes are launched on our men we will be forced retaliate with Allah on our side.
Zayid bin Sultan Al Nuhayyan, president of UAE
Maktoom bin Rashid Maktoom, vice president of UAE

SKILORD
Aug 23, 2002, 09:38 PM
btw uk... are you still in UberNES 2?

uknemesis
Aug 23, 2002, 10:17 PM
Oops, yes, just I didn't have time to send orders I think.

Just put me down for more luxury liners lol.

Nemesis

Obssesed Nuker
Aug 24, 2002, 08:50 AM
DONT FORGET MY ATTACK ON JAPAN!!!!!!!!!

Demetrias
Aug 24, 2002, 05:20 PM
Uks Attack orders resolved. Don't worry if they are from a second source there the real deal. Here they go.

USA bombs Dominican Republic.
one Frigate and one Cruiser.
bombarding of the Dominican Republic kills 2 infantry units who didn't hide quickly enough. All sea units except transports and carriers can bombard

Italy invades Germany.
one infantry and six cas invade germany.
success
losses: one infantry at half strength
and four cas squadrons.

Australia invades Guam.
5 armour, 2 cas, 2 areoplane transports
sucess.
loses 3 armour and 1 transport plane

South Africa.Turn 11:
Invade Burundi with 3 Armoured divisions,3 Infantry divisions,3 Mechanized Infantry divisions,1 CAS Squadron and 1 Gunship Squadron.Before troops cross border 1 Artillery division bombs Burundian army.
success.
Loses 3 infantry, 2 armoured and 1 mech

Russia invades Japan.
5 T-80s and 1 mech inf invade Japan
1 sea and chopper transport carry units
1 fighter provide support
Success. Losses 4 T80s and 1 mech at half strength

Dexter invades Iran.
2 Infantry and 3 Armor divisions invade Iran again.
Success.
Loses: 2 infantry lost, 2 armour at half strength.
Dexter's capital is nuked by a sub which continues to lurk out to sea(it moved to the Med to fire the nuke)

Demetrias
Aug 24, 2002, 05:23 PM
Uk promises to be here lots tomorrow and do really good attack orders. See yall tomorrow.

RoddyVR
Aug 24, 2002, 05:38 PM
im confused.

when is what turn over??? did i miss a day, between yesteday and today???

those bombard orders i submited to the attack thread on the 23rd at 10 AM my time (thats 3 pm GMT) and i know that was during turn 11.
now if my calculations are correct that got resolved at the start of turn 13 (missing a whole game turn in the middle). i dont want to critisize UK, and thanks to Demetrias for relaying the combat resolutions, but what are we suposed to do about turn 12 now?
since i dont feel like doing turn 12 orders now (its too late theoreticaly anyway) i am gonna bank all my gold for that turn and just figure all this out tomorow.