View Full Version : There are only two things I can't stand in this world.

Dwarfskinner
Oct 24, 2008, 08:46 AM
Nigel Powers: [to Goldmember] People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Greetings all, great resource here!

I played the original and in some ways this version falls short. I'm using the patch mod which is a great improvement...but the AI is still not very robust until the endgame.

One thing that irks me is that all the games I have played seem to be minus an AI player...my current game on huge world map and only 3 of us...the filthy Dutch declined to participate. And the other 2 are my next door neighbors in S.A....all of N.A. is empty.

So my question...is there another map or mod that would address these issues? My favorite strategy is to beat up the other europeans for choice colonists and when they don't show up it cramps my style.

Thanks in advance

D

scottfreitas
Oct 24, 2008, 09:02 AM
Nigel Powers: [to Goldmember] People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Greetings all, great resource here!

I played the original and in some ways this version falls short. I'm using the patch mod which is a great improvement...but the AI is still not very robust until the endgame.

One thing that irks me is that all the games I have played seem to be minus an AI player...my current game on huge world map and only 3 of us...the filthy Dutch declined to participate. And the other 2 are my next door neighbors in S.A....all of N.A. is empty.

So my question...is there another map or mod that would address these issues? My favorite strategy is to beat up the other europeans for choice colonists and when they don't show up it cramps my style.

Thanks in advance

D

Yeah, the European AI is weak as hell in this game. The Natives are pretty kick-ass--they can be your best friends or your worst enemies--but the Euros are just... duuuuumb.

I'm pretty sure that the "official" Balance Patch--which I think is in version 1.02 atm--has some Euro AI improvements. And in 1.03--which is being tested right now--the Euro AI is so improved I read it beat the human play-tester on turn about 250, at one of the lower difficulty levels.

I'm still at work, not much time, but the "official" patches--one for basic bug fixes and the other a "Balance" patch that addresses a lot of the dumber issues which make this game mechanically inferior to the original Colonization--are available right here, at civ fanatics, for download. Check stickies and whatnot, look for threads with many pages of repiles--you'll find 'em. They're worth using...

--Scott

Supr49er
Oct 24, 2008, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the Forums Dwarfskinner. :beer: