View Full Version : Custom Avatar Problem

gunning1
Aug 15, 2002, 04:57 PM
I can't get this picture smaller. Can someone help me?
Ok, it won't work by uploading it.

Ok, can somebody please help me on how to attach a file.
If this is the wrong fourm, I am so sorry.

gunning1
Aug 15, 2002, 05:07 PM
Let's see if this works.

anarchywrksbest
Aug 15, 2002, 05:33 PM
This is the best I can do....

gunning1
Aug 15, 2002, 05:59 PM
That was quick, thanks. It works great.:D

BCLG100
Aug 15, 2002, 06:38 PM
to change it dont you have to take it to paintshop pro thats what i do but im not changing my avatar i think it is quite good

starlifter
Aug 15, 2002, 06:44 PM
Your herald needs sharpening, and it also looks better transparant, in the new color forums skins.

Here is something that is slightly larger then the one you're using, and has transparancy & a few other things:

http://www.civfanatics.com/uploads/CFC_Gunning3a.gif

Padma
Aug 15, 2002, 07:17 PM
Another good one, starlifter! :goodjob:

I know you don't claim to be a graphics guru, but I like what you've been able to do with people's avatars, and I love your suggestions for forum styles.

gunning1
Aug 15, 2002, 09:29 PM
Thanks!

starlifter
Aug 16, 2002, 01:13 AM
by Gunning1:
Thanks
Glad to help. Yours turned out very good because you had a large, decent starting point. It looks well in all the new forum skins. :)

by Padma:
Another good one, starlifter!

I know you don't claim to be a graphics guru, but I like what you've been able to do with people's avatars, and I love your suggestions for forum styles.
I'm a techincal person, not a particulary artistic one. All work is done, so far, with just a screen capture program and an image viewer. :)

@ anyone... I have been using Blue Skin today, and noticed that some people's avatars look less appealing in Blue or Green Skins (e.g., the light color background, squared off against BBS). Everyone may want to take a look at how their avatar looks in each skin. Transparancy might help :). For instance, gunning1's looks much much better now that it is tranparent, and not clunky.

:cool:

gunning1
Mar 23, 2003, 01:50 PM
Instead of opening a new thread, I decided to find my old one :D.

Could someone please make this smaller?

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/UK.gif

DiamondzAndGunz
Mar 23, 2003, 02:08 PM
How's that look :)

Strider
Mar 23, 2003, 02:26 PM
I had a size problem with my avatar when I first got it to..... but I believe it was duke who re-shaped it.

gunning1
Mar 23, 2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the help DAG.

WillJ
Mar 23, 2003, 09:38 PM
Hmm, good avatar. :goodjob: Is that for the University of Kentucky? (Don't know all my college logos very well.)

gunning1
Mar 23, 2003, 10:04 PM
Yes it is. (Or at lease I hope so) If it isn't, would someone please get me one? ;)

BTW, it'f for basketball. I'm hoping that they go all the way in the tournament! :D UK all the way! ;)

barron of ideas
Mar 26, 2003, 01:42 PM
Could it be for United Kingdom?