View Full Version : What styles are we all using

Thunderfall
Aug 16, 2002, 09:46 AM
I know you love to spy on other people so I've added a little feature that tells what style a poster is using. It's right below poster postcount. :egypt:

Eklektikos
Aug 16, 2002, 09:51 AM
He just can't stop... soon I'll not even need to leave my desk to get coffee, because the latest CFC forum hack'll make it for me :D

Sodapop
Aug 16, 2002, 10:03 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm in the post just up to this one, there is no style displayed... Is it some kind of bug or only because he is using the defaut? :confused: But still interesting :D

Thunderfall
Aug 16, 2002, 10:04 AM
Probably... Eklektikos why don't you try changing to another style then change back to default? That should make it show up...

Eklektikos
Aug 16, 2002, 10:07 AM
Aww... and destroy my aura of mystery? Ok! :p

Eklektikos
Aug 16, 2002, 10:11 AM
Yep, sadly the world now knows that I'm a boring old default-using fart. Thanks TF :p

spycatcher34
Aug 16, 2002, 10:26 AM
Hey hey pretty nifty tf! :goodjob:

Lucky
Aug 16, 2002, 11:00 AM
And sticking with the default one gives you the shrowd of mystery, no one know which style you are using! :lol: :p

I like it, although I think you might be overdoing it a bit on the features.
:D

Civanator
Aug 16, 2002, 11:09 AM
if there is nothing after "style:" that means they are using the default cause when you switch it shows which style you are using ;). No more mystery for you Lucky ;) :lol:

Knight-Dragon
Aug 16, 2002, 11:10 AM
What shroud of mystery? :p If the style name doesn't appear, it's the default one. I chged my template before TF implemented this new item and it's now showing dark blue anyway. So only for the ppl who still keep to the traditional format will this space appears as 'mysterious'. :)

I really don't why people will want to know which template I'm using but it doesn't really hurt I suppose..... :)

Thunderfall
Aug 16, 2002, 12:01 PM
I probably will reset everyone's style to default in order to get accurate counts. So don't worry if your forum style suddently reverts back to default. :)

Furry Spatula
Aug 16, 2002, 12:50 PM
Mua ha ha. You can't spy on me. It says that I'm using default when I in actuality am using **** ****, Damn you can probably count the asterisks so lets make it *censored*.

Edit: for clarification.

spycatcher34
Aug 16, 2002, 12:58 PM
hmm so it will be like 20,000 default 10 PW 5 Blue and 34 Green.... Hrmmm

Lucky
Aug 16, 2002, 01:10 PM
Yeah, probably! At least thatīs the way it looks right now. :p

Iīll change to other styles now, so to see which ones annoy me the least!

starlifter
Aug 16, 2002, 01:18 PM
by TF:
I probably will reset everyone's style to default in order to get accurate counts. So don't worry if your forum style suddently reverts back to default.

Nooooooo no no!!! The number of Defaults tells us all a very very interesting Demographic!!! It is not a glitch. The sum of all the styles tells us the number of active users of CivFanatics since the time you implemented the hack a day or two ago!

Spycatcher pointed out that resetting it will show 20,000 users of the default. About 17,000 have made no choice at all, and to show eveyone using default is in itself inaccurate :).

I think it is very interesting to have that juicy tidbit (number of active CFC users since the Style Choice Hack).

Keep it as is!! :D

:goodjob:

AVN
Aug 16, 2002, 01:41 PM
What about my privacy.
Why is it necessary that everyone can see which style I use ?

And what will be the next feature ?
Is it one that shows my vote in certain polls to everybody ?

Lucky
Aug 16, 2002, 01:58 PM
Yep, that was already discussed. Non anonymous polls. It is possible! :rolleyes:

I changed to Dark Blue now. The green thing is too green and the light thing too bright! :p

I still like the default one best, though.

Padma
Aug 16, 2002, 02:51 PM
As I said in another thread here, I don't care if everyone can see what style I use, but what's the point? :confused:

spycatcher34
Aug 16, 2002, 02:55 PM
Tf can already see who voted what in which poll.......

@ SL isnt there that hack thing at the whos online section that shows how may active useres a day. Furthermore some people that are active mayb not have switched style at all so they wouldnt show up as default now would they?

Thunderfall
Aug 16, 2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by spycatcher34
Furthermore some people that are active mayb not have switched style at all so they wouldnt show up as default now would they?
Right... if you visit the Civ3 forums, you will see lots of posters whose Style field is blank.

floppa21
Aug 16, 2002, 03:16 PM
WHO'S style is blank?

Juize
Aug 16, 2002, 04:10 PM
What style? I don't have any style. Ehe ehe.
Like said in similar threads, I use the Dark Blue.

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 16, 2002, 05:04 PM
It's nice, but I'm not using default like mine says.

Thunderfall
Aug 16, 2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
It's nice, but I'm not using default like mine says.
Let me guess... it's because you clicked on one of the style text links below a poster's postcount?

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 16, 2002, 08:44 PM
Let me guess... it's because you clicked on one of the style text links below a poster's postcount?

Nope. Haven't done that. I haven't even touched the feature since I had to change it back from default since it so nicely decided to change my style upon logging in after I had already switched to pale white.

However, I like the deception!

gunning1
Aug 16, 2002, 10:18 PM
I like to see what other people are using. I bet it can tell a lot about you.
I don't know how, but it may...

gonzo_for_civ
Aug 17, 2002, 12:20 AM
Damn it! It says pale white now :(

I bet it can tell a lot about you.

Not if you change it every week :D

Knight-Dragon
Aug 17, 2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
Not if you change it every week :D The mere fact that you chg it so often tells a lot about you.... :p

Ren
Aug 17, 2002, 07:50 AM
Nah I don't care what style peoples use, but it's a nifty little feature nevertheless :)

Magnus
Aug 17, 2002, 07:54 AM
Why can't the current 'default' setting simply be changed to 'traditional cfc red' or something with a little more style?

Thunderfall
Aug 17, 2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Magnus
Why can't the current 'default' setting simply be changed to 'traditional cfc red' or something with a little more style?
I renamed it to "Traditional CFC". :)

Loony BoB
Aug 17, 2002, 09:44 AM
I changed it to Dark Blue as soon as I joined - although it isn't very dark. This is a mix of purple and blue - both very, very light. The headers and the table lines/borders are pretty dark, I guess.

I'm liking darker boards, personaly, but whatyagonnado?

starlifter
Aug 17, 2002, 07:53 PM
Since styles are being added, I still would like an practical application... a dark one like the blue, but less intense... this is not for "looking cool" so much as for proper contrast in varying lighting contions. The Pale White is excellent for bright rooms and surroundings, and the dark (but de-intensified, as I have suggested elsewhere) is good for rooms where the lighting is dark. Practical choice should be a consideration in at least two options... the Pale White covers one, and subdued Blue would cover the other. :)

Thunderfall
Aug 17, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by starlifter
Since styles are being added, I still would like an practical application...
Well, the only differences between Modern CFC and Traditional CFC are the logo and the background... all other things are the exactly same. ;)

starlifter
Aug 17, 2002, 09:48 PM
Well, the only differences between Modern CFC and Traditional CFC are the logo and the background... all other things are the exactly same.
Oh, those are fine. No worries. The practical one I referred to is one that is for lower light usage. The current Dark Blue almost has got it covered, but the colors are too intense in low light. When I say practical, I'm meaning the exact colors and such are not as important as good contrast (no clor clash, without big bright/dark shifts), dark scheme, subdued intensity, and low eyestrain for darker room surroundings.

:)