View Full Version : OPEN GAMEL: MD1 - European Powers Germany
Aug 17, 2002, 04:14 AM
OK Let's try this again.... :p
The scenario is a realistic modified huge world Marla/Singer modified map. The civs are all in the proper places and are Germany, France, England, Russia, China, India, Japan, US, Aztecs and Zulus. Zulus and Aztecs are slightly crippled to keep them from having the whole continent to themselves. This is a no-holds barred Monarch game.
1) 20 turns apiece
2 No nukes unless nuked or for navy battles
3) Good Luck!
Duck Von Clauswitz
Aug 17, 2002, 04:21 AM
The family of Duck Von Clauswitz is made the head of the Germanic tribe.
4000 BC -- Tribe moves south towards Alps to be in range of gold
3950 BC -- Berlin founded
3900 BC -- Move worker towards cattle herd
3850 BC -- Build road. Nothing else.
3800 BC -- Barbarian tribe appears in the Alps. Workers should be far enough away.
3750 BC -- Barbarians move towards Berlin. Workers sent to weat fields west of Berlin for safety
3700 BC -- Barbaria ransack Berlin. 15 gold is ransack and tribal counsel not amused. The first generation of warriors emerge.
3650 BC -- Worker returns. Warriors stand guard.
3600 BC -- Spearmen about to be built so Warrior moves towards western Alps. Worker moves to forest region near the Danube.
3550 BC -- Warrior moves towards west sees Paris. We meet the French and get Masonry from them for Warrior Code. Alphabet was first call but to much DE Mark for our people.
3500 BC -- Our borders expand giving us the gold in Berlin. Our warrior moves towards the southern Alps.
3450 BC -- Warrior spies unexplored huts. Moves east towards them
3400 BC -- Spearman built and fortified, Build one more Spearman.
3350 BC -- Tribe of Celts teaches us Cermomonial Burial. Warrior moves east towards more huts.
3300 BC -- Nothing
3250 BC -- Nothing
3200 BC -- Warrior crosses over Rhone River and encounters myseterious Selks. Their shamen give scrolls of Mysticism to our shaman and Germany advances again
3150 BC -- Spearmen group heads west towards coast to explore another mysterious tribe. Warrior continues east. Settler started
3100 BC -- Nothing
3050 BC -- Tribe turns out to be hostile Gauls. Spearmen rise up in defense of Berlin and take up postions along the Rhine River. Our spearman are valiant but are not considered to be Veterans by their elders. Warriors in east spot Russian scout. These Russians want to give us Pottery for 3 gold per turn and 32 gold as as Warrior Code. Our great chiefs use their Germanic powers of persuasion to get them down to 29 gold and 1 per turn as well as the Warrior Code. A great snow has impacted Berlin and with it the Great Chief Clauswitz of the Duck Clan passes and so now the rulers club passes to..?
I accidentally hit the space bar so it is on 3000 :eek: but still at start of turn...sorry....
Aug 18, 2002, 10:18 PM
I will join. I take the next turn, if no one beats me to it.
Aug 19, 2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by EQandcivfanatic
I will join. I take the next turn, if no one beats me to it.
I was originally going to go second, but EQ can have it. If s/he's done by the time I get home tonight, I'll take third.
Aug 19, 2002, 12:05 PM
Cool. So looks like EQ is up next with marc on deck...beware the French :p
Aug 19, 2002, 03:24 PM
I would like to play also. Please let me know if space is available.
Aug 19, 2002, 05:42 PM
This what I have so far...
4) Judge Dredd
I'll advertise for one more and then we will close it. EQ go ahead and roll the dice and I will let everyone know when we get a fifth (player not Vodka that is :p )
Aug 20, 2002, 05:04 PM
EQ, you are up ... :)
Aug 21, 2002, 11:28 AM
Is anyone paying attention around here?
Aug 21, 2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Judge Dredd
Is anyone paying attention around here?
I just downloaded the game. I'll take the next 20 turns, and then we can go back to the original order. If EQ posts before tomorrow-say by noon EST-that he wants to take the second turn, I'll let him, and go third, as originally planned.
Aug 21, 2002, 04:48 PM
I think 3+ days is long enough to wait. EQ should be placed at the bottom of the list and the order should continue...if you can play turns and post the game. I will be around at 2:00am CST and will be able to play the next round.
Aug 21, 2002, 05:49 PM
Sounds good..everyone move up so Judge your on deck with EQ playing. While real life beckons for all 72 hours should be the cut off to keep the game going...
The Order is now:
1. tcmarcl (playing)
2. Judge Dredd
4. ??? (will be me if no one else)
Aug 22, 2002, 02:24 AM
You do mean tmarc playing, right?
Tmarc: Play and post. EQ will have to catch up...
Aug 22, 2002, 05:50 AM
Alright. I'm done. Here's the save game, and my report.
1) 3000 BC Drove off a camp of Barbarians to the East of Berlin. My people were so happy, they put a new front on my cave. Also noticed a strange city far off to the north west. It's not French or Russian, but our scouts have no idea who they are.
2) 2950 BC Nothing.
3) 2900 BC A group of colonists asked permission to set up a new city to the north. I gave it to them, and started building a road in that direction.
4) 2850 BC Dispersed another Barbarian camp.
5) 2800 BC Nothing.
6) 2710 BC City of Leipzig is founded. I set up a build queue, but feel free to change it if you have a better idea.
7) 2760 BC Our brave Vetran Warriors were slain while attempting to take out yet another Barbarian camp.
8) 2590 BC Nothing.
9) 2550 BC Nothing.
10) 2470 BC Nothing.
11) 2430 BC A group of colonists asked permission to build a new city to the south, where there are gold deposits. I gave it to them, and will soon begin building a road in that direction.
12) 2390 BC Nothing
13) 2350 BC The city of Leipzig began a military training program, building our nations first barracks.
14) 2310 BC Began building a road towards the new colony.
15) 2270 BC Sent a worker to irrigate some fertile fields to the northeast of Berlin.
16) 2230 BC The City of Hamburtg is founded. I set up a build queue, but again, feel free to change it should you desire.
17) 2190 BC Nothing.
18) 2150 BC Nothing.
19) 2110 BC Nothing.
20) Our shamans have discovered the secret of Iron Working. I instructeed them to now study Polytheism (aiming for Monarchy. Again, feel free to change this.) Discovered the secret of Alphabet by trading Iron Working with the French. Drove off a Barbarian attack to the southeast of Hamburg, and discovered there is a source of iron in those hills.
Aug 22, 2002, 10:47 AM
Got it. Will play this morning and post by afternoon.
Aug 22, 2002, 02:34 PM
2070BC - Kaiser Dredd assumes command of the Germanic Tribe. Seeing the need for Germany to expand, he gears his reign to the building of new German cities.
2030BC- German warrior investigates a barbarian tribe. The Alemanni tribe teaches us of The Wheel. We find that we have several sources of horses within what will ultimately become our borders.
1990BC- Leipzig sends forth a settler to build a city on the western shore of our continent. This city will have a two tile overlap with Berlin, but has many bonus resources available and will grow to be a strong city.
1950BC- Warrior spots barbarian SE of Hamburg. Being wounded, our warrior falls back towards Hamburg.
1910BC- Konigsberg is founded just North of Paris. Seeing the need to push our cultural borders to the maximum, I begin work on a Temple.
1870BC- We make contact with a people called the British. They are far behind in techs (we are 4 ahead), and only have 2 cities beyond their capital. They are not seen as a viable threat, yet.
1830BC- Warrior returns to Hamburg and prepares for barbarian assault.
1790BC- Barbarians are soundly defeated by Spearmen of Hamburg. Another settler is ready at Berlin. I dispatch them to the rich areas East of Berlin. Another settler is commissioned in Berlin.
1750BC- The dastardly French settle the city of Orleans right next to a location I consider prime. This will be a source of stress between our peoples, and one day Orleans will burn...
1725BC- Leipzig completes warrior unit. Sent to Konigsberg for MP/Guard duty.
1675BC- Frankfurt is founded. A Temple is commissioned there, our borders MUST expand!
1650BC- Workers continue to improve our great nation.
1625BC- Two settlers are produced. One in Hamburg is sent to the East. The other from Berlin is sent to settle near Orleans. It will be a major military base, which some day will be used to crush Orleans.
1600BC- Workers improving, settlers moving. We trade Pottery + Russian contact + 75 gold to the French for Writing.
1575BC- We trade contact with the British to France for 60 Gold. The British have nothing to offer so the deal is good for our treasury.
1550BC- We connect the Iron South of Hamburg. Start work on our first Swordsman in Hamburg!
1525BC- Joan becomes alarmed at our Settler in her territory. We tell her to chill out and move our unit through what will soon be our lands.
1500BC- We complete a Temple in Konigsberg. Yet another tribute to our Righteous Empire! Work begins on another Settler to build our empire. Munich is also founded to the East of Hamburg. A worker is required to imporve the land a bit, but once finished, this will be a powerful Seaport city!
1475BC- A Barracks is complete in Berlin. Work begins on yet another Settler. We will flood this continent with the Germanic People! Heidelburg is also founded East of Orleans. A Temple is started immediately to push our cultural borders.
1450BC- The reign of Kaiser Dredd comes to an end, uneventfully. During His time Germany has grown to be the strongest country in the known world! With 7 cities and technology far superior to our neighbors.
Notes: We are lacking workers and our military is not awe inspiring. Our military is at least average if not larger than our neighbors, but should be stronger. We now have the ability to create swordsman. We do need to keep growing. So don't neglect Settlers. Two are in production right now. Obvious spots are SE, E, and NE.
Aug 22, 2002, 03:06 PM
Way to go tcmarc and dredd. Your contributions to the Germanic people shall not be forgotten. I will hold to see if EQ will take game today. If no response than I will jump in again for another turn and then it is back to you tcmarc. Again, great job guys! :)
Aug 22, 2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by mauiduck
Way to go tcmarc and dredd. Your contributions to the Germanic people shall not be forgotten. I will hold to see if EQ will take game today. If no response than I will jump in again for another turn and then it is back to you tcmarc. Again, great job guys! :)
It's tmarcl. Or, if you prefer, just Marc will do :0)
Aug 23, 2002, 03:28 AM
heheheh...sorry...I am the king of the typos and once I get rolling ... :p ... I got save and will finish and post manana...tmarcl... :)
Aug 23, 2002, 12:14 PM
Hi. It looks like you guys are still a tad short of players on this, if there's room I'd like to step in, I will pick it up after mauiduck posts his turn, or at any other spot in the rotation if you'd prefer.
Aug 23, 2002, 02:45 PM
Consider it done falsfire. I'm posting it soon and the you are on deck then it will go back to marc and dredd. I will go ahead and amnnouce the game closed on the Open SG sticky as well.
Aug 23, 2002, 07:38 PM
Duck Von Clauswitz II takes back the antlers of the Jagermeistger and becomes chief again...
1425 BC -- Nothing of note.
1400 - Nothing
1375 -- Settler moves out east
1350 -- Nothing
1325 -- Nothing
1300 -- WAR WITH FRANCE! Our Swordsmen attack and kill Warrior at Orleans. Our sturdy spearmen move towards the Front. A Settler moves towards Italy. Our wise men tried to get alliance with Russia but was rebuffed the pig Catherine. Soon she will wallow in her own filth but for today Clausewitz and his tribe feel the bigger threat and opportunity is to the West. Gave her 36 gold to get her polite towards us.
1275 -- Spearmen join Wounded Swordsmen in Italy. Settler moves to northern plains separated by Orleans warrior by Pyrenees Mountains. Warrior dispatches barbs in the northern end of the Caspian Sea. Damn French burnt Heidelberg, but had Settler nearby and made Rome in its place.
1250 -- Orleans destroyed! We nab two workers and Spearman protects flank. Spearman moves to north of Paris and Warrior follows. Swordsmen are being trained in three cities. New settler made for Northern Greece where wine but he is established in northern Italy instead and this new town is named Milan.
1225 -- French warriors move towards Paris so Spearman moved to seal of Italian Peninsula. Swordmen arrive in Milan. More of our Swordsmen are rushed by the whip in Konigsberg.
1200 -- Our troops move into position in the Alps and move to strengthen in the hills east of Paris. They tried to talk peace but would not give us what we needed so told them that they were ****e!. Our swordsmen move across the low countries and in from Denmark towards Paris.
1175 -- Attacked Paris and injured a group of spearmen to red line. Need to move our swordsmen across the river that Paris is on to defuse the French defense bonus and join up with defenders in the hills above the capital city.
1150 -- Moved into position. Brought out the whip in Leipsic and drove the strong Germanic shoulders against the grindstone to produce another swordsmen.
1125 -- Moved more swordsmen into place. Will strike next era with three swordsmen and the two spearmen defending our southern frontier. The injured spearmen is moving down through southern France to cut off any flankers. The mission to connect roads to connect the cities is still ongoing. Since our settler was diverted a group of hardy German workers establish a a wine colony in Macedonia. Happy days as soon as we can get the roads finished.
1100 -- WE TAKE PARIS! Great joy amongst city as news of victory arrives with wine. Duck Von Clausewitz and his generals decide to hold city instead of raze it. Know it may haunt us but needed to get the jump with more cities and to put pressure and the remaining French garrison. We are first in tech among all our known nations. Sent warrior scout towards south to intercept Chinese and Indians b ut alst word is that they were cut down by a group of ruthless barbarians.
1075 -- We moved two groups of swordsmen and spearmen to join injured spearmen in driving south along Iberian Peninsula. Our advancing column of spearmen has crossed over into Iberia and has discovered last French city and moving in to dispatch them.
1050 -- Nothing much. Moved south over the Pyrenees overlooking last French city in eastern Spain.
1000 -- Nothing happened
975 -- Chariots moved towards Turkish Peninsula while our swordsmen snake towards Iberia
950 -- The era of Duck Clausewitz, Jr. was like the rest of his reign. Other than successfully pushing the French back to the Iberian Peninsula, it was one of quite growth. The successful road laid down by his predecessors proved to be a good one as Germany continues its rise into the future and secured a large step towards a Fortress Europe.
Aug 23, 2002, 07:39 PM
I made the two chariots to strikeout towards Africa and Asia via rthe southern route through the middle East and discover the Indians and the Chinese. GL falsfire... :) ....
Aug 23, 2002, 07:53 PM
Got it. Am heading out tonight, will play either before bed or tomorrow morning and post thereafter.
Aug 24, 2002, 03:44 AM
The Order is now (if I am correct):
1. Falsfire (playing)
3. Judge Dredd
That should be enough people , I would think.
EQ: Sorry you missed out, we could have used your skills.
Aug 24, 2002, 04:59 PM
(0) 950BC - In the wee hours of the morning, the germanic warrior-chief falsfire is roused from his slumber to take the reins of leadership of the great Germanic tribe. After consultation with our foreign ministers we see that everybody we know is angry with us, probably because they are worried that they won't get the same cheap price on french wines when we sell it to them. He quickly reviews our cities' build instructions and decides that this all looks good, and presses the magic button to make time leap ahead by 25 years.
Inter-turn, a French regular swordsman sallies forth from Lyons to attack our 4/4 vet sword, knocks him down to two but we win and he is now elite (3/5).
(1) 925BC - Our three workers near Milan commence work on a dirt track to connect Rome to the rest of our empire. Our worker by Frankfurt begins to lay down some dirt to connect Frankfurt. Our chariot in Northern Africa enters a Seljuk village, where we observe them riding on the backs of horses, and decide this might be a valuable idea for our military to try. Our valiant but regular warrior in the Sahara dunes decides to rest and lick his wounds. The injured but recently promoted elite 3/5 swordsman regiment in the woods north of Lyons decide to fortify their current position and wait til their friends can join them in the attack.
(2) 900BC - Paris builds spearman, starts temple. Leipzig builds settler starts settler. Send the Elite 5/5 swordsman forth from Paris as the newly built spearman takes his place on the walls. Chariot from Frankfurt begins eastward trek into Asia, one laborer in Frankfurt told to pick up some brightly colored balls and juggle to prevent riots. Injured warrior in Sahara fortifies across the Nile river against an impending attack from a barbarian warrior. Elite 4/5 swordsman takes out one of Lyons reg spearman defenders without a scratch upon his armor. Elite 3/5 swordsman attacks the last standing reg spearman defender in Lyons, loses only one hit but defeats the French infidels. Lyons auto-razed and we take a worker, and France's entire hoard of 39 gold. The French are relocated to some other mysterious location. We make peace with them for everything they have (100 gold, one worker). Once we find where they've run off to they'll be able to taste our steel once again. Settler from Leipzig heads toward the spot where Lyons once stood, worker from Lyons moves to irrigate cattle square, worker obtained in peace negotiations heads towards Konigsberg to begin a road to Paris. One spearman from Paris heads south to garrison our to-yet-be-founded city on the ruins of Lyons. One Parisian entertainer told to pick up his tools and get back to work. Embassy established with France (28g) to discover the location of their new capitol, Orleans, in NW Africa.
Inter-turn, our valiant regular Saharan warrior defeats the barbarians and advances to the rank of Veteran (2/4).
(3) 875BC - Munich builds worker starts worker. Milan builds spearman starts temple. The Russians are attempting to build the Pyramids. Ha! Spearman from Milan heads up to relieve the vet swordsman standing guard in Konigsberg? Konigsberg set one laborer to juggle to prevent riot (will cough out a settler next turn anyways so no lost shield production) Konigsberg Swordsman ordered to head towards Africa. Two swordsmen from the assault on Lyons ordered to move towards Africa. One wounded (2/5) rests up with his spearman pal, another 4/5 elite heads west into ?Spain? (sorry my European geography isn't too great). Road to Rome is completed. Roman entertainer ordered to return to the fields. Rome is growing like a weed, so we whip our temple in order to start spitting out settlers sooner. Worker from Munich heads to complete the road to Frankfurt.
(4) 850BC - Konigsberg builds settler starts horseman. Rome builds temple starts settler. Caspian Sea production changed from RAX to temple. Were we really going to use this city to build troops with it's low shield production? Spearman from Hamburg heading south towards area where I'm sending the settler from Konigsberg. (Hamburg suffers no happiness loss, and temple will be done in 3 at same time it grows.) Milan's warrior sent to Berlin for MP duty to prevent rioting in the streets over how long these darned Pyramids are taking to build :)
(5) 825BC - Units move towards where they were told to be, Frankfurt builds settler starts spearman. Settler from Frankfurt heads towards a juicy fish & cattle spot in NW Africa. Warrior from Munich heads down there to garrison our to-be-settled town against any potential barb uprisings.
(6) 800BC - Chariot in Africa learns secrets of Philosophy from the Jute tribe. Other units move around.
(7) 775BC - Leipzig builds settler starts settler. Hamburg builds temple starts spearman. Swordsman in southern Spain spots a new French settlement of Lyons rebuilt in northwest Africa. 4/5 elite sword in west Spain disturbs an angry Gepid warrior. Settler from Leipzig heads toward a nice fish & wheat spot in northern Africa. Chariot in Africa receives a conscript warrior from the nice tribe there.
Inter-turn two Gepid warriors attack our 4/5 elite sword. He holds them off w/o taking a scratch. The other one destroys our worker near the ruins of Lyons! I know, major :smoke: not seeing that.
(8) 750BC - Munich builds worker, starts temple. Rome's borders expand. Milan prod'n changed to worker. Munich won't work as a worker farm anymore for some reason. Units move around. Blah.
(9) 730BC - Konigsberg builds horseman starts horseman. Milan builds worker starts worker. Asian chariot dispatches a barb camp and we gain 25g. Other units continue moving toward where they were told to move.
(10) 710BC - Hamburg builds spearman starts horseman. (these horseman I'm sending to Frankfurt where we can perhaps mass-upgrade them to knights when we're ready to attack Russia). Frankfurt builds spearman starts spearman. Our asian chariot rests up (2/4). African chariot disperses a barb camp (+25g) We are going to have a wagonload of gold available when we switch to Monarchy. All the better for mass-upgrade to knights :)
(11) 690BC - Hamburg's borders expand. Southern fish-town founded. Worker ordered. Spearman arrives in Berlin for MP duty. Units move. Embassy established in London. They have 3 spearman guards, only resource is iron, no luxuries, size 5 and will finish the Colossus in 4 turns.
(12) 670BC - Ruins des Lyons founded on site of old Lyons. Temple ordered. Units move around. Weird. Orleans borders just popped, there's a goody hut within their borders but it didn't pop. The Russians have map-making. We trade Polytheism for it plus all their gold (24) and their world map. They are now polite toward us. As a bonus, the Russians must have bought the Brits' territory map so we get a peek at the isle of England too. We give the Brits a further 7g for their world map, and now they're polite to us too. We give the French 9g for their world map.
(13) 650BC - Konigsberg builds horseman starts horseman. Just grown to size 6 so needs an extra MP, leaving the horsey there temporarily til we can get another spearman onsite. Move out one of Paris' spearman to fulfill this role. Units move around. MM Frankfurt to grow 2 turns sooner, spearman in build queue will still finish in 2 turns.
(14) 630BC - We learn the secrets of Monarchy. Select Literature as our next tech so we can get some cheap libraries online. We'll have it in only 6 turns at 80% science with a net gain of +1. I don't switch governments yet cause we're building the Pyramids and I don't want to lose turns on that. Next player may revolt if they wish... Milan builds worker starts worker. Africa fishing-town founded. Temple ordered. Our vet chariot in Africa disperses another barb camp and goes elite.
(15) 610BC - Liepzig builds settler, settler ordered. Hamburg builds horsie, spearman ordered (needs more MP). Hamburg builds spearman, horsie ordered. Rome builds settler, settler ordered. Brits finish the colossus, start the Pyramids (in London, so they're starting from scratch). Settler from Leipzig is headed to Berlin, next player can decide where to send him from there. We've just spotted a dark purple (Indian?) border with our warrior in Asia.
Note: We need workers to improve the tiles around our cities. We have lots of cities working unimproved tiles. I've begun the building of horsemen we can mass-upgrade to knights to attack Russia, I'm moving them towards Frankfurt as a staging area. Two are stuck on MP duty right now, one can be freed up as soon as the spear from Paris steps into Konigsburg next turn, the one in Hamburg can be released as soon as the spear there completes (3 turns). Also, we have vet swords standing MP duty in a couple cities...we should replace these with warriors or spears so they can move towards either Russia or to take-out the remaining French cities.
Aug 25, 2002, 02:37 AM
1. Why are we not in Monarchy? +1 for MP duty. Less corruption.
2. Pyramids are not needed. We have excellent growth cities. No problem with producing settlers. We should change to Gardens or Oracle. Happiness!
Aug 25, 2002, 06:51 AM
And lo, the reign of Tmarcl II was called the Reign of 'Not Much'. :crazyeye:
Seriously, though. It was a peacful reign, with nothing of note except the establishment of four new cities, completion of the Great Library and start of the Oracle. I stayed in Despotism so as not to lose any turns on Great Library. At the end of my reign, Construction was only 4 turns away, so we're still in Despotism. If the next guy decides to switch, so be it. As you will note, I am sending settlers to the Middle East and North Africa to claim the oil deposits that will pop up there later. This may necessitate a war with the French again, and as such, I am building more swordsmen up north (Leipzig, I think).
We need to decide a couple of things, though. 1) How many squares apart do we want our cities? I usually do them 5 apart to maximize production, but I noticed that falsefire is doing them 4 squares apart. Do we care if it's uniform? 2) What kind of victory do we want?
Anyways, here's my report:
1) 590 BC Tmarcl II took over the government and continued the work of building roads to connect our great empire. Exploration and settlement was the major drive of his reign.
2) 570 BC A warrior unit made contact with the Indians. They gave us their world map and 30 gold in exchange with communications with other tribes.
3) 550 BC Established an embassy with India. Continued work on roads and gathering colonists.
4) 530 BC Nothing much.
5) 510 BC Discovered the secret of Literature. Switched building of Pyramids to Great Library. Built Heidelburg.
6) 490 BC Learned Code of Laws from a barbarian tribe. Traded territory maps with Russia.
7) 470 BC Nothing much. Built more roads. Discovered more of the map.
8) 450 BC Founded city of Nuremburg.
9) 430 BC Founded city of Cologne.
10) 410 BC Traded territory maps with Britain. Continued building roads and exploring. Started Oracle in Hamburg.
11) 390 BC More exploring and building up infrastructure.
12) 370 BC Nothing much.
13) 350 BC Nothing much.
14) 330 BC Nothing much.
15) 310 BC Nothing much.
16) 290 BC Broke up a barbarian camp. Discovered Currency, started towards Construction. Other than that, not much.
17) 270 BC Nothing much. The British began work on the Great Lighthouse. I'm not going to compete, because we really don't need it.
18) 250 BC Nothing much.
19) 230 BC Founded the city of Hannover.
20) 210 BC Completed work on the Great Library. Tmarcl II was gathered unto his fathers and the reigns of government passed to...
Aug 25, 2002, 08:27 AM
It might help if I included the save game, huh? :rolleyes:
Aug 25, 2002, 03:04 PM
Got it. Will be posting results of turn tomorrow.
Aug 25, 2002, 08:11 PM
Hey Maiduck, a couple of questions. I've been playing ahead on this game and I noticed something: There's two extra govs (Constitutional Monarchy and Facism), but there's no stats in the civilopedia for them. Are there any other changes we should know about?
Secondly, I thought this was supposed to be a Regent level game. How come it's loading as Warlord?
Aug 25, 2002, 09:03 PM
Like your notes, marc, five sounds good. My bad on the Pyramids -- I got tangled up with the French war and wasn't paying attention to me governors... :rollseyes. That purple border should be the Indians, I believe. Think we're on a great tack. Only thing I would like to add is that we should build a city on Gibralter and perhaps one in Algeria to seal up the Med and keep Brits from settler diaheerea in northern Africa. The Nile area is a floodplain and so if we can build a city there we can crank out settlers like crazy. And from my own experience I think it is key to get a city on the Suez so we can project our naval stength in the Indian ocean, look for spices in Indonesia and open up trade with India via that sea route. Anyway good job so far and dredd is up... :) ....
Aug 26, 2002, 02:31 AM
Aug 26, 2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Judge Dredd
:) That's exactly how I feel, sometimes. I suspect Maiduck hasn't seen my map from the savegame, so he's telling us to put settlers in southwest Europe (which I did) and one right to the west of the two French cities in Africa. I've got some settlers aiming for the other spots he mentioned already.
Personally, I'd get some spearmen into the newer cities and then invade what's left of France, taking over the entire north African coast.
Aug 26, 2002, 02:38 PM
Sorry marc I didn't see your post before adding mine and seeing the save. I loaded the save gamne and there was an error so I fixed it. It was it Regent but reported Warlord so I fixed that to keep it form the happening. I added them to reflect real world governments and spaced on mentioning them in the pregame notes. Constitutional Monarchy and Fascism have the same values as Democracy and Communism. That is the only change, I swear and again I apologize for being such an idiot and spacing on it :cry:. Anyway please download the fixed version of the game below.
Aug 28, 2002, 02:08 AM
Okay, now that thats all square, I will play now. Sorry for the lag, RL gets in the way sometimes... :8(
Aug 28, 2002, 03:23 PM
210BC(preturn) Sold world maps, made about 120 gold. I say I want a revolution..well I know.... its gonna be alright. 8)
190BC- Chaos reigns in Germany and the Brits build the Oracle in Nottingham. We care not. That city will be ours someday, when the wonder is obsolete. All original orders from my predecesor stand, settlers and militia move as ordered.
170BC- The lawless government of Germany begins to form a Monarchy, maybe in 60 years it will be a workable system. Our workers continue to improve our lands, looking forward to our boom times. Our Eastern Chariot Brigade pops a hut and finds angry warriors...we may survive.
150BC- Our victorious Chariots lick their wounds and rest for a few rounds, while our Southern Regimen of Swordsmen spot a mysterious border in East Africa. Our scouts report this new tribe to be almost barbarian in nature and very quick to anger. We should put the steel to these people and tame them while we can.
130BC- The African nation makes contact with us. We are +3 tech and +10 city. We teach these backward people of Polytheism for their territory map +250 gold. Bremen is founded Sotheast of Odessa. We sold our contact with the Africans to the rest of the world for 100+ gold. Our Monarchy is ready to be launched!
110BC- King Dredd the First is pronounced Lord of Germany. Our cities are overviewed and production is maximized.
90BC- All is quiet as Lord Dredd continues to nurse the German nation to health.
70BC- Stuttgart is founded in the fertile lands between the Tigris and the Euphrates. Our workers continue to improve our lands. We will be a most productive people in the ages to come.
50BC- Bonn is built on the Nile delta. A most Eden-esque land, it will bear much fruit as the years go on. Our scientists tell of a new technique for making buildings of brick and Mortar. Construction, as they call it, should be here within the next 20 years. Some temples are paid for at minimal costs. We must spead the word of Righteous Germany!
30BC- With the advent of Constuction, our scientists start to see a New Order in the heavens. It is the dawning of a "New Age". Our people embrace the idea of Monotheism with this new era. Our people also beleive we should build an Auxillary Palace to help with the governance of our ever expanding kingdom.
10BC- Our scientists begin research on Engineering. They claim they will be able to make roads over water...we shall see.
10AD- Salzburg and Dortmund are founded. Word spreads around the civilized world of the King of Men being born among a tribe of Desert Nomads.
30AD- Settlers continue moving toward new city sites, our expeditionary forces roam the East and the South.
50AD- We continue to improve our lands and build our treasury (+19gpt).
70AD- Brandenburg is founded near Rheims. The French would be wise to be on their best behavior. While this King does not wish their total destruction, nor advises it. Other Lords of this Kingdom may see it another way. The cities of New Berlin and New Leipzig are also founded.
90AD- We discover a new border of a nation in the East. Our chariot tresspases to attempt to identify these barbarians. English Settlers move to some of our empty lands near our core. Moving military units to intercept. We meet the Chinese people. They are a backwards people. We trade our World Map for contact with the Japanese and a Chinese territory map. We also gain the Republic from the Great Library. I was not able to stop the bastard English from settling the City of Canterbury SW of Paris. I will not start a war this late in my reign, but that city should not stand for long.
110AD- We make contact with the Japanese. They have nothing to offer, we trade World Maps. Our military moves to positions near Canterbury, setting the stage for the destruction of that wretched city.
130AD- Settlers move, workers improve, miltary is fortified.
150AD- More of the same.
170AD- We discover Engineering. This will improve our infrastructure. We decide to embark on Theology to gain the ability to build the Sistine Chapel. Start prebuilding for chapel in Frankfurt. The Japanese build the Pyramids.
190AD- Berlin falls in to disorder. Oops. Will be restored next turn. King Dredd the First steps down.
Notes: Please feel free to rename cities. I was not feeling very "creative". We will need to start building military. I did not build much in the way of units.
Aug 30, 2002, 11:43 AM
OK I got it and will be posting save today..sorry about the delay but I had a few things that I has to get squared away..Game On!...
Aug 31, 2002, 02:19 AM
Sep 04, 2002, 03:52 PM
Maiduck? Are you there? We're waiting on you, man.
Sep 07, 2002, 06:33 AM
Guess its time to skip mauiduck. Falsfire go ahead and grab the save and play your turn.
Sep 07, 2002, 10:21 AM
I agree. "Got it", and I will play this evening. Just heading out the door for my Saturday class now. Active Server Pages, here I come! :)
Sep 07, 2002, 03:17 PM
190AD (0) Check diplomacy, Check foreign relations, not much going on here...
210AD (1) Paris builds aqueduct starts worker. Konigsberg builds colloseum starts horseman. Way out there founded near the Indian border.
230AD (2) Milan & Southern Fish-Town Riot. Beijing finishes the Hanging Gardens :( I switch Frankfurt to Forbidden Palace, as a placeholder for either Sun-Tzu's or Sistine. I'm thinking of Sun Tzu's, we'll know Theology in 6 turns and in another 7 can learn Feudalism.
250AD (3) Paris builds Worker starts Colloseum. Hamburg builds Colloseum starts Horseman. Konigsberg builds horseman starts settler. Milan builds Library starts spearman. Massive barbarian uprising near Brandenburg.
260AD (4) Brandenburg builds warrior starts temple. The French are building the Great Wall. Good. Let everybody cascade and waste their shields. China & India join us in the Middle Ages, as does Shaka.
270AD (5) Hamburg builds horseman starts horseman. Konigsberg builds settler starts horseman. I hurry the temple in Bonn for 124g. It's growing fast and needs it. In preparation for a possible war with Russia in the future, after a mass upgrade to Knights, I begin moving our horsemen to Frankfurt.
280AD (6) I hurry the temple in Stuttgart. Nothing much else happens. I buy a worker from India for 25g.
290AD (7) Hamburg builds horseman starts...horseman. Milan builds spearman starts spearman. Caspian Sea builds courthouse starts aqueduct. Stuttgart builds temple starts spearman. New Berlin riots.
300AD (8) We learn Theology and start studying feudalism. Konigsberg builds horseman starts settler. Southern fish-town builds temple starts marketplace. Ruins des Lyons builds aqueduct starts Colloseum.
310AD (9) Berlin builds Colloseum starts Sistine Chapel. Hamburg builds horseman starts horseman. Japan builds the Great Lighthouse.
320AD (10) The Brits finish the Great Wall. Hamburg builds horseman starts horseman. Konigsburg builds settler starts spearman. Milan builds spearman starts marketplace. Africa fish-town builds aqueduct starts marketplace.
330AD (11) We buy a worker from Russia. Sell Theology to Shaka for 63g +22gpt.
340AD (12) Konigsburg builds spearman starts settler.
350AD (13) We learn Feudalism. Hamburg builds horseman starts horseman. Nuremburg builds temple starts worker. Frankfurt switched to Sun Tzu's.
360AD (14) Not much happens.
370AD (15) Leipzig builds Harbour starts Marketplace. Hamburg builds horseman starts horseman. Konigsberg builds settler starts pikeman. Rome builds aqueduct starts marketplace. Africa Fishing-town riots. Oops. Cologne builds temple starts worker.
Sep 08, 2002, 04:27 PM
I guess that makes it my turn. I'll play and post tomorrow.
Sep 16, 2002, 01:36 AM
Ok, this game appears to be dying...whats the deal?
Sep 16, 2002, 10:20 PM
Is this game open or not?
I see a bunch of "Hes skipped, its your turn" but the title says open!:confused: :confused: What is this?:confused:
Please explain, i might take a turn if it is open;)
Sep 17, 2002, 02:23 AM
We have had alot of "I got it will play and post" but then these people seem to disappear from the face of the game...
I am going to review the order and and yes Erik you may join.
The game is a little too easy for my liking, but I will play it through to the end.
Sep 17, 2002, 02:29 AM
The Order is now
1. Judge Dredd (Playing)
2. Erik Mesoy
If benched players reappear, they may join at the end of the line.
Sep 18, 2002, 11:44 AM
370AD (Pre-turn) Micromanaged cities. Hurried some productions and made sure people were happy.
380AD (1) Continued to build our infrastucture and military.
390AD (2) More of the same. Rome riots. Oops.
400AD (3) We "Bully Test" Russia by forcing them to give us 1gpt. They fail the test and give it to us. They are weak and this King may look to expand our empire by annexing Russia. Our troops move to the Russian border.
410AD (4) We continue to bully Russia. They now give us another 2gpt. This will also serve to keep them short of cash and force them to reduce domestic and scientific spending.
420AD (5) We continue to ramp up the pressure on Russia. This time 3gpt. They cave again. I am not satisfied with the strength of our forces near Russia yet so I will hold the assault for now...
430AD (6) Russia is becoming weak financially, they could only afford 2gpt this time. I suppose this will suffice, for now. Our Swordsman in South Africa is destroyed by multiple barbarian attacks. I crank up the science to get Invention next turn.
440AD (7) Russia refuses to give us any gpt. I was able to extort their territory map.
450AD (8) Building military.
460AD (9) More of the same.
470AD (10) The city of Oasis is founded in Northeast Africa.
480AD (11) The city of Gron is founded East of Dortmund. Military building.
490AD (12) Building military, positioning troops near Russia.
500AD (13) Increased science to get gunpowder next turn.
510AD (14) We discover gunpowder and have resources already connected, some cities begin to build musketmen for defense. We have also connected Incense and are able to lower luxury to %10.
520AD (15) Massive production of horsemen are completed. Our forces are almost ready to invade Russia.
530AD (16) Russia shows us no respect...they will soon.
540AD (17) War is imminent. We are on the verge of Leonardo's and Chivalry. Our knights will ride forth soon.
550AD (18) The troops are itching for a battle. They will have it soon.
560AD (19) We complete Leonardo's and we enter a Golden Age. All horsemen are now knights. We shall annex all we see on the Eastern front!
570AD (20) Harrogath is founded. King Dredd has decided to extend his reign to prosceute the war against the Russians.
580AD (21) We declare war on Russia after they rebuff our claims on their lands. The city Tbilsi falls to us with little effort, Moscow is our next target.
590AD (22) Moscow, the Capital of our enemy falls to our mighty Knight Brigade. Long live the German Empire!
600AD (23) Sevastopol falls to our superior armies. The people resist, but we will show them the light. The Russians still refuse to talk to us. Their diplomats will come around soon. We will end this war when they give us the cities we rightfully deserve.
610AD (24) The Russians diplomats still have no audience for us. This is okay, their time will come. Wautwest is founded on the Western shores of the Persian Gulf.
620AD (25) St. Petersburg, the new Russian Capital, falls to our troops also. Soon the Russians will give in and talk to us. We want their cities for peace. Russian diplomats will speak with us now, but they offer no concessions. We will not acept their terms. The war grinds on.
630AD (26) Smolensk falls under our Knights swords.
640AD (27) Russia offers 20 gold to end the war. That will not be enough.
650AD (28) Odessa and Minsk become the latest casulties of the German - Russian war. They are no match for us. We may show some mercy on them, for the right price.
660AD (29) This war will end in 10 years. We must learn to enjoy what remains of our Golden Age. The demise of the Russians will have to wait.
670AD (30) We end the war with Russia after taking the city of Kursk. We negotiate peace for nothing more than their world map. We also trade for their furs. We give wines and printing press. I will now step down and hand the reins over to our next ruler. Some of our new cities are not happy right now. Next turn should fix all of that.
The file is here:
Sep 19, 2002, 07:56 AM
Mmmm...if I understood it correctly, anyone may pick an open game to play right?
Would you mind putting me in the queue??? :). I usually play Monarch and I've beaten Emperor a couple times, so I think I can take it.
Sep 26, 2002, 01:46 AM
Is anyone still alive around here? I know this game is easy and all, but someone on the list needs to grab it. If in 24 hours, noone grabs it, I will.
Sep 26, 2002, 09:39 AM
JudgeDredd: May I take it or is it not an open game?
Sep 26, 2002, 11:03 AM
Go right ahead...
Sep 26, 2002, 01:58 PM
Ok, here are my 20 turns. I hope it pleases you, and tell me any flaws you see in my gameplay
Pre turn: Everything is OK...checked civil disorder, all cities will return to normalcy
680 D.c (1): Paris finishes courthouse and starts Sun Tzu. Probably not gonna get it but it's a good prebuild for Bachs.
We get Sistine Chapel!!! Universities ordered in top cities. I want as many as possible beffore 750 DC. Courthouse in cologne, several temples built (why didn't we rush libraries? they are cheaper...) We just discovered banking and will get Music Theory in 4 turns @+139 gpt
British troops in our borders ask to leave and obey. Our troops garrison the cities, flips are unlikely thoug.
690 (2) Universities in Hamburg, Konigsberg, Krankfurt. The last of them switches to a Cathedral, which should fix happinnes problems. Our cities seem to have some food overproduction, well, A LOT of food overproduction. Replace some irrigations.
700 (3) Leipzig finishes University, starts Cathedral. With these and our military police, happinnes should not be a problem.
No need to hurry expensive Temples IMO. We keep on improving our land. Still exploring the Map around Siberia and Africa.
710 (4) More and more city improvements...It's a good time to develop our infraestructure and we have enough military, we'll try to get as many wonders as possible. Research lowered to 20% to get extra cash (still Music Theory in 1 turn)
720 (5) banking and Gunpowder traded to the chinese for Astronomy 33 pgt and WM, begin researching Economics. 4 turns @ 104 gpt (gotta love the GA). Temple rushed in Oasis, since its production is hopeless. Hey, our swordsman in Africa spots a barbarian campament!!
730 (6) Why did Milan do an aqueduct???? It can not grow anyway :eek:!!
Hell, no matter how many workers we have, they don't seem enough... BTW, our rep is ruined :lol:
740 (7) The Chinese get Copernicus...don't really care, on huge maps, those wonders mean nothing. Smith's is what really matters. Our cultural influence keeps on expanding. Can you believe it? we find a goody hut
750 (8) Africa pops the goody hut :mad: I'm tempted to declare war on them...Frankfurt finishes Cathedral and races for Bach's. Caravel ordered in Cologne. We're gonna try to discover America!!! The GA ends, but that won't stop us from getting Economics in 1 turn at 295 gpt.
760 (9) More improvements, aqueducts and Harbors to make some cities grow. Temple ordered in Berlin :rolleyes: Sun Tzu is rather a dream but Paris keeps on it. Hamburg races for Smith, 34 turns...but no one else has the tech! Frankfurt starts Bachs, we'll see how many we get. That isolated city, lake chad...well, builds a warrior, and starts a worker. Shouldn't we colonize the desert? oil is good...
Library rushe in Waustwest, and Hargorath to prevent flips. India has Spearmen near his capital!!! any reason not to crush them ??
770 (10) some spearmen upgraded to Muskets, money is plentiful and we have leo's...Moved some troops to attack Canterbury, the sooner the scum is destroyed, the better.
780 (11) Some production changed to caravels to assault the British, more roads everywhere, not much happens
790 (12) It's getting a bit boring...looked at the historiographics. Hell, I must have done something wrong because our score and power have dropped a bit. BTW this game is getting quite easy...
WAR declared on the british!! Liz makes me sick :evil:
Our freshly built caravel sinks a barbarian Galley, Knights liberate canterbury, one promotes to elite, an elite attacks, but no leader
800 (13) Civil disorder in Leipzig...Sorry!!! Our exploring units keep on wandering...are they doing anything at all? :confused: Knoigsberg loads troops to assaul Britain!!
810 (14) Leipzig and rome build Cathedral...should be pretty much the end of any happinness problem, thanls to Sistine.
Improve land, improve land... :crazyeye: Research lowered not to throw money out of the window.
820 (15) Got Chemistry, Physics in 6 turns...another Caravel, almost ready for the assault. We load knoghts and muskets to crush Liz. Oasis switched to settler, We want to settle the dessert for future oil.
Signed RoP with France, if only to keep them happy.
830 (16) Ruins de Lyons produces Bank...are we going Republic/Demo anytime? caravel rushed at Konighsber for 52 gold, I want to be SURE of crashing the British.
Incense colony built.
840 (17) What?? you can load troops AND disembark in the same turn??? I had no idea of that!! Even easier...
15 units landed in front of london :lol:
850 (18) Our Knights kill 2 pikemen and get into London. We now control the Colossus!!! Good! the only drawback is a lost an elite knoght... never mind, he was a betrayer who didn't even took a single HP away from the pikeman More improvements built, but sorry, I'm failing about the unproductive cities...
Berlin builds Cathedral,starts bank, no idea how many left to Wall Street.
860 (19) York falls to our glorious Knights, promoting one to elite. The cities are nice and not corrupted!!
Disorder In London, no problem, once the British are History, they'll be happy. We also get Physics, and begin Newton's research, We have the teach lead and can aim for all wonders.
870 (20) Lots of cultural improvements+expansion this turn. The last important cathedrals are finished, so luxuries are set at 0. Nottinggham also falls to us, too bad th Oracle is Obsolete. The English have to cities left and will give one in peace treaty. It's up to you to decide wether continue the war or not. There's a caravel in London and annother in Nottingham if you want to load troops there.
Sun Tzu is lost, just established an Embassy in Pekin and they will get it in 5 turns... Choose either Smith or Bach in Paris.
I admit I have done nothing about the desert thing, sorry, but I've been very focused in infraestructure...Good luck for the next one, though he won't need it anyway!!
Forgot to say a caravel has been sent on suicide voyage to America.
Sep 26, 2002, 02:16 PM
Hell, I knew I had forgotten something...
OK now?? writing the "w" does help...:rolleyes:
Edited about 10 times...
Sep 26, 2002, 02:29 PM
There is something wrong with that link...
Sep 26, 2002, 02:53 PM
Sorry, upload is not working...:( try again tomorrow JD.
Sep 26, 2002, 04:36 PM
If that does not work I will set up an FTP site for you to post it to, tomorrow.
Sep 26, 2002, 04:44 PM
I notice the .SAV is in caps.
.SAV won't work, you must name the name .sav. The first way is blocked from uploading.
Sep 26, 2002, 05:02 PM
Lkendter rules the world!!! It works now!! :goodjob:
Sep 26, 2002, 05:06 PM
Sorry, duplicate post...never ask me what happenned
Sep 27, 2002, 02:44 AM
Unless someone grabs the game by 12:00pm CST 9/27 , I will play the next 20.
P.S. Evincar, where does the avatar artwork come from?
Sep 28, 2002, 06:20 PM
Wondering if I can pick after Dredd, or before Dredd, whatever.
[This is the only SG I can find with room! Seems I have to be online more to catch them!]
Sep 28, 2002, 11:12 PM
Go ahead and pick it up. I have not played my round yet.
Sep 29, 2002, 02:42 PM
Er...that download doesn't work. All I get is gibberish.
I thought you fixed it!
Sep 29, 2002, 03:24 PM
Try the below link. I have noticed some people get garbage when trying to download a .sav attachment.
Sep 29, 2002, 05:41 PM
Got it, will play tonight or tomorrow.
[Why is it that my SGs always coincide???:p]
Sep 29, 2002, 07:54 PM
Just played a quick 5 turns (or not so quick...) will finish my turns tomorrow. Hints at what happened: England reduced to one city, the mysterious Conventry with I cannot find.
Sep 30, 2002, 09:52 AM
Cgcannon, Coventry is somewhere in the middle of Russian cities...difficult to see because colours are somewhat similar, but look NE of our (glorious) Empire.
Sep 30, 2002, 06:05 PM
Sorry for the late turn in, I'll have it in in about an hour. Just posted this so you don't skip me. Got more homework than I expected.
What happened so far: England gone, begin planning for France. Real war up to next player,
Sep 30, 2002, 06:41 PM
Here is my report on my 15 turns (would have played 20-30, to start and finish war with France, but ran out of time):
(0) British offers peace for Coventry, WM, and 5 gold. I don't even know where Coventry is, so ON TO HASTINGS!
(1) York flips to England. It had two knights in it, I think, so it wasn't too heavy of a loss. Delays our invasion of Hastings, though. Production here and there, in all our minor cities. I decide I'll switch Paris to Newton's, after we discover the tech. I take our vet and elite knights and send them towards York, should recapture in a turn or two. Load some knights onto a ship heading for England---they'll land by either York or by Hastings. I consider getting Democracy from Chinese for Chemistry, but hell, its not mandatory, and there is NO way we are going into it, so I decline.
(2) I trade territory maps with Gandhi. Doesn't matter, didn't even improve relations. Just looking over our map, and I consider France's African territories to be our next target. As someone said, we could use oil, and France is just annoying me. On my caravel suicide mission, I think I can island hop about halfway there; there are those little Atlantic islands I can use. Various ship movement. We seem to have alot of ships, or at least more than I normally have. My knight army is outside the gates of York. What's funny is that it is guarded by a spearman! You know, a patch made the rule that cities that flip get the best unit it can get WITH the resources in its box. That means good old spearman for York. Ha. The army outside of York reaches a total of 5 elites, 3 vets. I hope we get a GL out of this. If we do get a GL, I'll ship him back to Frankfurt and build Bach's---on this super-continent (the game counts Europe, Africa, and Asia as one continent) it will do wonders (no pun intended).
(3) A few more buildings built. Sorry, I'll keep better track of this from now on. I decide to deal with workers later and go straight for the war. I retake York with the 1st knight, send the rest on ship over to go to Hastings. Where is Coventry? If its far away, it shouldn't be a flip problem. Nothing really happened this turn; just taking York, moving workers, and continuing the suicide run to America. Although I still ask, WHERE IS COVENTRY????
(4) Ruins de Lions builds University, Africa fishing-town produces Barracks, and a few Musketmen made here and there. The six knights land in Ireland; should only be 1 turn until England is doing an unwanted OCC. More worker production. These turns are getting long, we better finish this game right after Panzers.
(5) Our suicide run to America ends in, yes, suicide. Beijing builds Sun Tzu's, and in the nick of time too: we just discovered the right tech to be able to switch wonders. Switching to Newton's actually resulted in a LOSS of shields. I never knew Sun Tzu's was larger than Newton's. Hastings falls, England reduced to the mystery city of Coventry. Peace with England made for a WM, all they could offer. I wanted to finish them off, but I have no clue where their city is, so its on to African France. I've decided African France can wait until Cavs, for a sufficent slaughter. My long-term plan would be African France, then maybe India, then either China or Russia. If necessary, we could go with a Panzer blitz of North America, to get the Domination. That is it for tonight, I'll finish my remaining 10 tomorrow.
(6) Newton's built in Paris, a few other smaller improvements built around our empire. I start Wall Street in Berlin (17 turns, not much else to do in that town). I sign an ROP with Russia to get at England. I now, in retrospect, question the intelligence of this move. However, I don't htink Russia will try anything sneaky, and I think getting England officially out of the way is a good enough reward for 20 turns of peace with Russia (even though our rep is shot). I just noticed that the FP is availible for building. However, I didn't want to make this important decision, so I leave it up for discussion. I say we could wait until India is ours, and build it there. It has a fair amount of grassland and rivers, so it seems to be a nice spot. I just realized that I already made peace with England! I don't want the ROP to be totally pointless, so would you mind if I break our peace treaty and take out Coventry? Too late, I will. I decide to send a caravel over to Kamachatka---the area between Kamachatka and Alaska should be crossable by Caravel. I could just wait until Magnetism, but this should be faster. Oh, and various worker production (as usual!)
(7) Various production here and there, settler built to start colonizing desert. As a ship passes French Africa, I notice Lyons is protected by...a spearman. Yes, a spearman. Can I kill her? I may not even wait until Cavs. My knights approach Coventry to find it...empty! I feel bad for Liz, I mean, her last city is empty? Well, her spirit will live on---in the German empire. I begin pulling troops off the Russian border, preparing them for the French African campaign. I don't think this will be a flip risk, as our culture is quite larger than Russia's.
(8) A few cities riot (sorry, I missed what the effects of pulling troops and declaring war on England would have). We raze Coventry (it was size 1) and destroy the English. Funny, how you can destroy a country without firing a shot. The 4 knights begin move to French Africa, along with most of our knights. This is great, two wars in one turn!
(9) Troops begin to gather in Bonn. Metallurgy discovered, Military Tradition in 5 turns. I map out an invasion plan of French Africa: One force takes the core, or northern cost, one goes in and takes the desert cities, and one in from the south. With knights on spearman, and maybe cavs on spearman, the war should be easy.
(10) Various city production. Various worker production. More knight movement.
(11) Various city production. Various worker production. Begin to divide forces at Bonn into Western (West desert forces) Southern (east desert forces) and Northern (core invasion) forces.
(12) Various worker production. Western unit moves across deset to West African Coast, organize and begin to move Northern unit. War is in the air.
(13) Various city production. Various worker production. Northern invasion force ready; Western force begins 6-turn trip across desert.
(14) Various city production. Various worker production.
(15) Military Tradition discovered. Next in line can upgrade knights to cavs, although I don't recommend pulling knights back from the front when they are going up against spearmen. Various city production, various worker production. The two (or three) settlers are heading to the desert. The knights in the desert are heading for Besancon, or Marsielles. The knights fortified outside Lyons are going, obviously, after Lyons, and the knights that are on GoTo to Bonn can head to Avignon, Chartres, or Rouen. Good luck, and godspeed on the French war.
I am trying to post the save, but it says it is too large. I zip it, too large. I zip it at maximum compression, too large. Can anyone help me out here?
Sep 30, 2002, 06:42 PM
Sorry, double post.
Sep 30, 2002, 06:44 PM
Forget it, now the save worked. ???:confused:
Who knows, but at least its working.
Oct 01, 2002, 03:54 AM
Okay, who wants the next turn?
Oct 02, 2002, 05:07 PM
You should take it Dredd, this game is quickly dying. Even the sponsor is gone!
Oct 04, 2002, 11:29 AM
Okay, will find some time soon, this game is open so if anyone wants to pick up and play, go right ahead.
Oct 04, 2002, 12:31 PM
Hope this game doesnt die...
BTW: OPEN means anyone can grab the save file and play. There is no fixed order at all.
Oct 04, 2002, 12:35 PM
You can try to mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or attach it as a .szv file, I have NO problems with attached .sav files.
Oct 04, 2002, 12:38 PM
Check the first post of this game.
It is an attachment.
Oct 04, 2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by LKendter
Check the first post of this game.
It is an attachment.
The game's first post? Lol.
Oct 04, 2002, 01:42 PM
1st post of page 8!
Sep 30, 2002 08:41 PM by cgannon64
Oct 05, 2002, 12:16 AM
This thread has 3 pages! What are you smoking?
But i have the save, if it is from year 870.
Oct 05, 2002, 02:14 AM
Erik sits on a throne, with no known location. There i no point of reference around it. Then he sees a world, a people, rulerless. He opens a portal and steps through it. The advisors appear confounded by this new ruler, who orders a lot of changes. His first act is to upgrade 5 spearmen to musketmen.
As soon as the common people notice the first effects of his reign, they rage, for they may no longer dress themselves in fine furs!
Strange: Cathy's diplo screen pops up and she appears to be demanding wines for nothing, but she says: "The studly people of Russia welcome you! To what do we owe the honour of your visit?" Appearently she ran out of furs.
Then York culture flipped to England and Nottingham riots. The people, noticing their new ruler, stopped celebrating him. However, he did create a Theory of Gravity (although some whisper in corners that he only took credit for it), start a great University, and destroy the Fragile British. Shortly after that, he left the same way he had come, stepping through a gate into the void beyond. A note was found in his chambers "The world is too large."
Oct 05, 2002, 09:41 AM
Erik---I think you replayed the same save that I played. I already destroyed the British, and I am preparing for war with France. Don't mean to annoy you, but you redid what I did.
Oct 06, 2002, 01:59 AM
Well I tried to d/l your .zip CG and it is a bad zip. Please try to re-post it.
Oct 06, 2002, 07:40 AM
Are you sure it is a bad zip, Dredd? It worked for me...
Oct 06, 2002, 11:33 AM
Bad zip for me too. I checked it.
Oct 06, 2002, 01:58 PM
Or just email me the .sav as an attachment.
Oct 06, 2002, 04:39 PM
OK I emailed it (my name is conorg)
Oct 08, 2002, 11:12 AM
Ok I have it. Will play now.
Oct 08, 2002, 03:30 PM
1000AD (1) - Did some mm on a few cities. Esp Konigsberg, other cities were using its productive tiles, its building a wonder! Moved more knights toward France.
1010AD (2) Traded China Econ for Navigation, we can now reach America! We will beat China to Smiths. 8 turns.
1020AD (3) We initiate the war with France after cancelling ROP and peace treaty. We take Rheims and get a Great Leader. Our Knights of the Silver Cross will escort Barbarossa back to the Fatherland. We also obliterate Rouen.
1030AD (4) We move our Knights toward Orleans. We intercept and destroy a settler/spear combo in the desert.
1040AD (5) We capture Orleans and Chartres. We get a few more Elite units.
1050AD (6) We discover Magnetism and enter industrial era, we get Steam Power and we are told we can build the Iron Works! Frankfurt completes JS Bachs and this city can build the Iron Works, Will check other cities before building it here. We lose one Knight taking Marseilles. Our first casulty in this war. Our Knights march into Lyons. Ok Frankfurt is our best production city that is able to build Iron Works so it is started. Done in 12 turns. Our Great Leader hurries Magellans voyage. Next leader will build an Army so we can get Heroic Epic and Military Academy.
1060AD (7) Magellans built. Deserts Edge founded in C. Africa. Spot a rogue French city. Moving a Knight to crush it. We spot an American galley (good sign). We make contact. They have 40 cities. And only contact with the Aztecs. We trade WM for WM and contact with the Aztecs. We establish an Embassy in Washington. They have some Pikemen. Aztecs appear to have only 4 cities. An embassy there and it shows spearmen only.
1070AD (8) Lost 3 knights in the war. We take Tours.
1080AD (9) Smiths is completed in Hamburg. France is being annoying, they keep popping cities. Next ruler will have to finish them off.
1090AD (10) Wall Street is complete in Berlin. Ramping up science to get Nationalism next turn. New Calcutta flips to us! Another Great Leader pops when destroying Avignon. The Knights of the Silver Star will escort him. The next ruler should in my opinion build an Army of Cavalry!
The .sav is here: