View Full Version : Cannot patch to 3.17 in game
Dec 31, 2008, 01:39 PM
I am having the following problem on two computers. When I go through the main manu to "Check for Updates" to patch from 3.00 to 3.17, I click the [Install] button and nothing comes up. Then, when I try to exit the menus, I get a message "Patch install in progress" or "you cannot continue until patching is complete" however I never see any indication of patching. I let the game sit an hour and still nothing so I am forced to close with Task Manager. Is there any place I can download the 3.17 patch setup.exe and install it that way?
Jan 01, 2009, 01:31 PM
I've got the same problem,only it really get me mad.I trying to download 3.17 to download the new version of FfH.
Jan 04, 2009, 10:44 AM
Bump for great justice. Just got a new laptop with Vista and I'm having the same problem. Please help!
Jan 04, 2009, 12:43 PM
For all those having problems updating to 3.17 in-game: You're not the only ones. At this moment, it is impossible to update in-game. The only way to update is to download the patch(it's hosted on the downloads section here) then install it manually. Might be different for Steam, but for the retail version you gotta do that.
Jan 04, 2009, 03:53 PM
by the way,100th post! :rockon:
Jan 04, 2009, 03:55 PM
I apologize for the double post.
Jan 07, 2009, 10:29 PM
Great advice, thank you.
Also, I finally got rid of Vista on this "Vista-only" laptop and put on XP. If it helps, here's what I did (not to get off-topic):
- First of all, my Gateway P-6822 does have XP drivers on the web site, even though the computer is not supported under XP. The problem: XP setup does not detect hard drive.
- Download drivers and made a floppy disk for the SATA drivers (denoted as ''XP F6 drivers'').
- Attach USB 3.5" drive (required as modern laptops don't have them) and start XP setup from CD. 3/5" drive automatically maps to A:\.
- Press F6 when asked, insert driver disk, get SATA drivers off it. Continue to set up XP as normal.
- If XP logo shows but computer restarts itself every time, go into BIOS and check a setting called ACPI to ON. If I understand correctly, that should force the SATA to be used as an IDE or something to that extent, allowing XP to boot. Not sure why, but it worked after that.
Hope it helps!
Jan 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
I am having the same issue with the patch from the CD version of BtS on an XP machine. I know the install is there, and I have confirmed it in the registry and the Ad/Remove programs menu (from which I did the install just to be sure).
Jan 19, 2009, 09:36 AM
if it is just that you cannot patch - download it from here...
Jan 24, 2009, 03:03 PM
I'm having the same problem (updating patch in game). It has been at least two hours running now and I can't get out of the screen. How do I exit and abort the update?
Everytime I click anything, it states "You May not Proceed until the patching process is complete"
Jan 24, 2009, 04:23 PM
ctrl-alt-esc and shutdown the game there :)