View Full Version : TCIT Sat Apr 18 0900AZ (-7) 1600 UTC


DaveShack
Apr 16, 2009, 10:40 AM
This is the instruction thread for a play session to be held:
Saturday Apr 18, 0900 AZ time (UTC -7)
1600 UTC

Starting save (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=210695&d=1239691118)

Zearo
Apr 16, 2009, 07:23 PM
Foreighn Affairs: Don't declare War

Bowsling
Apr 16, 2009, 08:24 PM
Defense: Nothing special. Just do what seems best.

Falcon02
Apr 17, 2009, 09:45 AM
Rhiannon

Build Queue

1.) Temple (current)
2.) Spearman
3.) Barracks
4.) Granary (doubt turnchat will last long enough to get to this one)

No changes to worker allocation necessary at this time.

Cyc
Apr 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
As an extention of the last T/C, our first Settler should go to location #5. Try to avoid the Barbs. Our second Settler, if we produce one, should go to location #4. Unless we haven't cleared the barbs out. Then location #1 (Due South) is appropriate.

Culture, culture, culture!

Cyc
Apr 17, 2009, 11:03 AM
Complete the Worker.

We'd like to move one of our citizens working the fields. The one working the Bonus Grasslands can be moved to the wheat fields. This will help us recooperate from building the Worker, in 1 turn as opposed to four. Becuse our city limits will expand in 1 turn, we will be able to work the Gold Mountain.

After the Worker is complete, we'd like the President to look at building a Settler. If the numbers work out, that's what we'd like to do, as building the road to the Capital will take a while.

Please road the tobbacco on the way to the Capital.

DaveShack
Apr 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
As an extention of the last T/C, our first Settler should go to location #5. Try to avoid the Barbs. Our second Settler, if we produce one, should go to location #4. Unless we haven't cleared the barbs out. Then location #1 (Due South) is appropriate.

Culture, culture, culture!
If you have the time, screen shots of the locations would help, but it's not essential.

Furiey
Apr 17, 2009, 02:05 PM
The map for city locations:

Map in city location discussion thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=209879&d=1239048986)

Bowsling
Apr 17, 2009, 03:40 PM
Granary (current)
Temple (unless already built)
Archer

TheOverseer714
Apr 17, 2009, 08:04 PM
More shields as they come available. Any new citizens through growth should be placed onto developed tiles where possible. Should we get beat to the Colossus, place the city to build Palace until we decide what to do.

Edit: can we build an embassy to spy on the fomorach as to progress on their Colossus?

Cyc
Apr 17, 2009, 08:18 PM
Edit: can we build an embassy to spy on the fomorach as to progress on their Colossus?

Don't mean to step on Zearo's toes here, but we'd need 8 times the gold we have now to get tht done. ;)

civplayah
Apr 18, 2009, 10:12 AM
Governor: All the cities are doing fabulously, keep them doing what they're doing.

DaveShack
Apr 18, 2009, 10:58 AM
Enter anarchy after the settler finishes. Choose Republic as new government.

DaveShack
Apr 18, 2009, 11:00 AM
Quoting instructions:
Foreighn Affairs: Don't declare War

Defense: Nothing special. Just do what seems best.

Rhiannon

Build Queue

1.) Temple (current)
2.) Spearman
3.) Barracks
4.) Granary (doubt turnchat will last long enough to get to this one)

No changes to worker allocation necessary at this time.

As an extention of the last T/C, our first Settler should go to location #5. Try to avoid the Barbs. Our second Settler, if we produce one, should go to location #4. Unless we haven't cleared the barbs out. Then location #1 (Due South) is appropriate.

Culture, culture, culture!

Complete the Worker.

We'd like to move one of our citizens working the fields. The one working the Bonus Grasslands can be moved to the wheat fields. This will help us recooperate from building the Worker, in 1 turn as opposed to four. Becuse our city limits will expand in 1 turn, we will be able to work the Gold Mountain.

After the Worker is complete, we'd like the President to look at building a Settler. If the numbers work out, that's what we'd like to do, as building the road to the Capital will take a while.

Please road the tobbacco on the way to the Capital.

Granary (current)
Temple (unless already built)
Archer

More shields as they come available. Any new citizens through growth should be placed onto developed tiles where possible. Should we get beat to the Colossus, place the city to build Palace until we decide what to do.

Edit: can we build an embassy to spy on the fomorach as to progress on their Colossus?

Governor: All the cities are doing fabulously, keep them doing what they're doing.

Enter anarchy after the settler finishes. Choose Republic as new government.

Play session starting.

Summary:
We're in Republic now
Lit researched
We missed Colossus and Oracle. Prebuild now on Mausoleum -- recommend Great Library
England demanded tech, we politely refused. She'll be cross if we do it again :lol:
Aerona founded, 1 settler walking, another due in 1 turn


01[08:56] <!DaveShack> howdy
01[08:56] <!DaveShack> yes, now is the time
01[09:02] <!DaveShack> The game is loaded. Setting build queues
01[09:02] <!DaveShack> all are correct, no changes
01[09:03] <!DaveShack> no preturn actions needed
01[09:04] <!DaveShack> check that -- discussion was change research to literature
01[09:05] <!DaveShack> end of turn 0, 1275BC, 6g -3gpt, Lit in 11
01[09:05] <!DaveShack> hitting enter
01[09:08] <!DaveShack> Turn 1
01[09:08] <!DaveShack> workers road a bg, will mine next turn
01[09:09] <!DaveShack> and road approach to Rhiannon
01[09:09] <!DaveShack> Send a warrior towards the west to counter the barb threat
01[09:10] <!DaveShack> with gold loss equal to treasury, must drop science a notch to 90%, lit in 12
01[09:11] <!DaveShack> end of turn 1, 1250 bc, 3g +1gpt 90%
[09:12] <Bowsling> fine with me.
[09:13] <Bowsling> how many barbs are causing a threat?
01[09:13] <!DaveShack> Tara finishes a settler, starts spear
01[09:13] <!DaveShack> 3 horse, 1 warrior. the horses went north, warrior is headed in
01[09:17] <!DaveShack> settler and escort depart west for location 5, unless the barb horses reverse course
[09:17] <Bowsling> wait for another warrior and another archer if possible before attacking
01[09:18] <!DaveShack> yeah, staying forted on defensive ground till then
01[09:18] <!DaveShack> unless an improvement is threatened
01[09:20] <!DaveShack> the people have plotted to institute a republic. anarchy reigns
01[09:21] <!DaveShack> 2 turns according to in-game domestic advisor (DG advisor expected 1 turn)
01[09:21] <!DaveShack> people seem to be happy enough that no riots should result
01[09:22] <!DaveShack> end of turn 2, 1225 BC, 4g +0gpt, in anarchy
[09:23] <Bowsling> ugh, two turns? i heard it is based on size, yet when I was the celts in one game and i ruled one of the two standard-world contents, and it took me two.
01[09:23] <!DaveShack> IBT Byzantine warrior does us a favor and kills an off-screen barb
01[09:24] <!DaveShack> the barb horses move back to their old more threatening location.
01[09:25] <!DaveShack> there is still a random component to anarchy, even with religious
01[09:26] <!DaveShack> end of turn 3, 1200 BC 4g-0gpt, anarchy
01[09:28] <!DaveShack> IBT the barb warrior kills our vet in Molly, and a barb horse kills our warrior on the hill, no barb losses
01[09:28] <!DaveShack> brutal... someome must have missed their tithe to the RNG :(
[09:29] <Bowsling> oops. my fault. I ran out of incense last night!:/
01[09:30] <!DaveShack> We are now a republic. With science at 30% we break even and lit is due in 16
03[09:30] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) has joined #turnchat
[09:30] <Falcon02> Howdy
01[09:30] <!DaveShack> surely that's because Tara lost pop to the settler
01[09:30] <!DaveShack> hi falc
01[09:31] <!DaveShack> we're a republic, and the barbs are way too lucky for my taste
[09:31] <Falcon02> ew..
01[09:32] <!DaveShack> they killed a forted vet in a city, and a forted reg on a hill, with no losses! :(
[09:32] <Falcon02> ... wow
[09:32] <Falcon02> only Warriors I assume though
[09:32] <Falcon02> not Spearmen
01[09:32] <!DaveShack> right
[09:33] <Falcon02> turn #?
01[09:33] <!DaveShack> turn 4
[09:34] <Falcon02> 'k
[09:36] <Bowsling> have to go. bye
[09:36] <Falcon02> see ya
01[09:36] <!DaveShack> 1175 BC, 4g +0gpt, Republic, sci=30, lit in 16
01[09:36] <!DaveShack> bye
02[09:37] * Bowsling (461813b9@d0a9903.6b45bb2.mibbit.com) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[09:38] <Falcon02> has Rhiannon Grown yet?
01[09:39] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes a granary, starts archer
01[09:39] <!DaveShack> Rhiannon is pop 2
[09:40] <Falcon02> ok
[09:40] <Falcon02> good
01[09:43] <!DaveShack> the settler and escorts arrive at Molly. This allows the MP to kill the barb warrior
01[09:43] <!DaveShack> and the worker can now irrigate the wheat
[09:44] <Falcon02> Are the Horses hooked up yet?
01[09:52] <!DaveShack> no, there's no way to protect a worker that close to the border
[09:52] <Falcon02> okay
01[09:52] <!DaveShack> we're going to have to pay some gold for a couple more spears and road like crazy to offset it
[09:52] <Falcon02> Rhiannon working on that Spearman?
[09:52] <Falcon02> or still the Temple?
01[09:52] <!DaveShack> still 5 turns on the temple
01[09:53] <!DaveShack> 2 turns of anarchy
[09:53] <Falcon02> ok
01[09:55] <!DaveShack> turn 5 save is uploaded
01[09:55] <!DaveShack> 1150 BC, 5g -1gpt, 30% lit=15, colossus=15
01[09:56] <!DaveShack> can wait if you want to look, or go on
[09:56] <Falcon02> go on, no access to a C3C install at the moment
01[09:57] <!DaveShack> Persia finishes the Colossus
01[09:58] <!DaveShack> English switch to Pyramids
01[10:01] <!DaveShack> Tara goes unhappy, hires a scientist
01[10:01] <!DaveShack> Molly works the gold hill
01[10:01] <!DaveShack> now +2gpt instead of -1
01[10:03] <!DaveShack> that's weird - Maeve can't build palace as an alternative
[10:03] <Falcon02> hmm
01[10:03] <!DaveShack> switched to Oracle for now, 25 turns
01[10:03] <!DaveShack> other choise is Mausoleum in 14
[10:03] <Falcon02> didn't CFC add a requirement for Masonry for the Palace?
[10:04] <Falcon02> CFC -> C3C
[10:04] <Falcon02> I say Oracle for now gives more time
[10:04] <Falcon02> other option is to bring it back to the forums...
[10:05] <Falcon02> not sure that's neccisary though
01[10:05] <!DaveShack> aha, Masonry
01[10:05] <!DaveShack> nothing will finish in the 5 turns anyway
[10:05] <Falcon02> yeah, and we wouldn't switch to something that would lose us the shields
01[10:06] <!DaveShack> the Oracle would be cool, we already have a happieness problem
01[10:09] <!DaveShack> end of turn 6, 1125 BC, 4g +2gpt, lit in 11
01[10:10] <!DaveShack> Tara finishes a spear and starts a temple
01[10:10] <!DaveShack> Byzantines start the Pyramids
01[10:10] <!DaveShack> And the oracle
01[10:12] <!DaveShack> Byzantines have map making
01[10:13] <!DaveShack> another option for Maeve is to finish lit and then do the great library
[10:14] <Falcon02> that would be good
01[10:14] <!DaveShack> end of turn 7, 1100 BC, 6g +0gpt, lit in 10
[10:15] <Falcon02> Give us the ability to decrease research, increase luxuries
01[10:16] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes archer, starts worker
01[10:19] <!DaveShack> Maeve would be unhappy, hires scientist
02[10:19] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
01[10:19] <!DaveShack> end of turn 8, 1075BC 6g -3gpt lit in 8
03[10:21] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) has joined #turnchat
01[10:21] <!DaveShack> horses roaded
[10:22] <Falcon02> Good
01[10:22] <!DaveShack> end of turn 9, 1050 BC, 5g +0gpt, lit in 7
01[10:30] <!DaveShack> The town of Aerona is founded on site 5
01[10:31] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes worker, and now we have a slight problem
01[10:31] <!DaveShack> units are costing us a fortune and there is nothing useful to build
01[10:32] <!DaveShack> I normally just gather wealth in this case, but it doesn't seem to get us much
[10:32] <Falcon02> hmm
[10:33] <Falcon02> what's the current Unit upkeep?
01[10:33] <!DaveShack> 30
[10:33] <Falcon02> ouch
[10:34] <Falcon02> we have that many units?
[10:35] <Falcon02> I'll have to look at it in the save when I get back to a computer with C3C
01[10:35] <!DaveShack> think I'll go with a settler
01[10:36] <!DaveShack> one cure for low gpt is to expand like mad
[10:36] <Falcon02> and roading
01[10:36] <!DaveShack> lots of roads in the works :)
01[10:37] <!DaveShack> end of turn 10, 1025 BC, 5g +1gpt, lit in 5
01[10:38] <!DaveShack> settler in 5 too, so would be good to extend out till then
03[10:38] * Falcon03 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) has joined #turnchat
[10:38] <Falcon03> net connection messed up
02[10:39] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 182 seconds)
03[10:40] * Falcon03 is now known as Falcon02
01[10:40] <!DaveShack> ack!
01[10:40] <!DaveShack> The vile English demand writing!
[10:41] <Falcon02> Politely turn them down... but give them a barrel of rotting fish instead
01[10:41] <!DaveShack> She's very disappointed... we'd better not do it again or she'll be cross lol
01[10:42] <!DaveShack> it is 1000BC, remember to submit your QSC :D
[10:42] <Falcon02> we need to make sure our Military is ready in case they declare war first
[10:43] <Falcon02> and make sure we have an economy to support them...
01[10:44] <!DaveShack> we have a couple of archers over there but without iron aren't especially strong yet
01[10:46] <!DaveShack> end of turn 11, 1000 BC, 6g +1gpt, lit in 4
01[10:48] <!DaveShack> Tara finishes temple, starts spear
01[10:53] <!DaveShack> no, settler. Molly is working on a spear that can escort
01[10:53] <!DaveShack> end of turn 12, 975 BC, 7g +2gpt, Lit in 4
01[10:55] <!DaveShack> exploration continues looks like there might be room for someone on the other side of the Byzantines
01[10:56] <!DaveShack> roading continues
01[10:56] <!DaveShack> end of turn 13, 950 BC, 9g +3gpt, lit in 3
[10:57] <Chieftess> How's the TC going?
[10:57] <Chieftess> Hey, DS - can you add me to channel admin again? I guess it dropped registration.
01[10:57] <!DaveShack> going well, we're a Republic
[10:57] <Chieftess> My script keeps trying to voice people, but it can't. :)
03[10:57] * DaveShack sets mode: +o Chieftess
01[10:58] <!DaveShack> I know how to op :)
01[10:58] <!DaveShack> don't remember the trick for admin, will look that up
01[10:58] <!DaveShack> or you can send instructions
[10:58] <@Chieftess> type /chanserv aop #turnchat add Chieftess
01[10:59] -> *chanserv* aop #turnchat add Chieftess
01[10:59] <!DaveShack> added /msg to it, seems to have worked
03[10:59] * @Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has left #turnchat
03[10:59] * Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has joined #turnchat
03[10:59] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Chieftess
01[11:00] <!DaveShack> Ottomans build the Oracle. we were using it as a prebuild :(
01[11:03] <!DaveShack> switch to Mausoleum
01[11:03] <!DaveShack> expect the citizens will pick the GL once we've finished lit
01[11:03] <!DaveShack> end of turn 14, 925 BC, 12g +3gpt, lit in 2
[11:04] <Falcon02> you playing to lit?
01[11:04] <!DaveShack> yup
[11:04] <Falcon02> ok
01[11:04] <!DaveShack> lower sci to 20%, +9gpt, lit still in 2
[11:04] <Falcon02> let's just hope no one else dos Mausoleum
01[11:05] <!DaveShack> or we can go with 40%, lit in 1
[11:05] <Falcon02> Id say lit in 1 at this point
[11:05] <Falcon02> someone else builds the Mausoleum with 1 turn still left to lit I don't think we have any other pre-builds
01[11:05] <!DaveShack> true
03[11:06] * @Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has left #turnchat
03[11:06] * Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has joined #turnchat
03[11:06] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Chieftess Chieftess
[11:06] <Falcon02> what's the gpt then? 0? -6?
[11:06] <!Chieftess> hmm, there's still a mystery script trying to do something (it probably worked when I was the channel owner)
01[11:07] <!DaveShack> cool, -4 gpt with only 1 overflow
[11:07] <!Chieftess> BTW, what version of C3C is being used? x.22?
01[11:07] <!DaveShack> guess so, whatever the last official one was
01[11:08] <!DaveShack> Lit finishes, select IW for now
01[11:08] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes settler, starts lib
01[11:10] <!DaveShack> set sci at 30%
01[11:11] <!DaveShack> End of turn 15, 900BC, 8g -1gpt, IW in 7 (pending discussion)
01[11:11] <!DaveShack> 1 settler ready, 1 next turn, prebuild MoM in 5 (GL?)
01[11:12] <!DaveShack> time to stop -- saving and uploading
[11:13] <Falcon02> alright, did Rhionno ever finish the Temple?
01[11:16] <!DaveShack> yes, and expanded

DaveShack
Apr 18, 2009, 02:41 PM
Screenshots Galore!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6451/dg900bcculture.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcculture.jpg)

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2444/dg900bclandmedium.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bclandmedium.jpg)

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5063/dg900bcland2medium.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcland2medium.jpg)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8831/dg900bcland3medium.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcland3medium.jpg)

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/8831/dg900bcland3medium.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcland3medium.jpg)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8577/dg900bcland4medium.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcland4medium.jpg)

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4096/dg900bcland5medium.th.jpg (http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcland5medium.jpg)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3876/dg900bcbarbsmedium.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcbarbsmedium.jpg)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7363/dg900bcdemand.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcdemand.jpg)

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6752/dg900bcspurned.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcspurned.jpg)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9034/dg900bcdomestic.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcdomestic.jpg)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9713/dg900bcmiladvisor.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcmiladvisor.jpg)

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8225/dg900bcengtrade.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcengtrade.jpg)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8770/dg900bcbyztrade.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcbyztrade.jpg)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9913/dg900bcbyzbarbs.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcbyzbarbs.jpg)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9153/dg900bcvandal.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcvandal.jpg)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1179/dg900bcengpower.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcengpower.jpg)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3820/dg900bcscience.th.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcscience.jpg)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7323/dg900bcwonders.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcwonders.jpg)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9270/dg900bcvictory.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcvictory.jpg)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5630/dg900bcscore.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcscore.jpg)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3126/dg900bcpower.th.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dg900bcpower.jpg)

Cyc
Apr 19, 2009, 02:36 PM
Excellent Turn Session and reporting, President DaveShack. Good decision making all the way around. I especially like the way you blocked the Fomorach in the North. Luck or not, it's the perfect location.