View Full Version : My Balancer Reloaded Impressions

mythusmage
Apr 20, 2009, 04:05 AM
After a few adventures I got the Mod to load and run. Involved copying and moving various files and folders in case you're wondering, for the MacOS does not handle not finding things where they're supposed to be at all well. Anyway, I got to play the Mod and so I present a few impressions from a guy who's really not all up to speed on the Mod yet.

First, the graphics. Map and Unit both. Dang sight better than the vanilla game. Even the basic unit icons are brighter, more vibrant. Animation is much better too. The Terrain graphics are really nice and give you a better feel for what's there. The same thing mostly applies to the resource graphics, though I must ask; pink camels?

The changes to certain units changed my style of play. For instance, being able to move the Pioneer three squares regardless of terrain changed how I viewed hills and mountains. Colonists having a move of two on open terrain helps when establishing new polities.

But, poor Temujin needs a new LeaderHead. The old one is just wrong. On the other hand, Pierre Trudeau's LeaderHead tells me right off the bat just what somebody thought of the guy. Didn't really appreciate the man's administration he didn't.

Where the "goody huts" are concerned; I appreciate the fact you're not apt to mistake them for gold (or gold for goody huts), or even miss them entirely in the background. An especial problem in jungle terrain.

Where the goodies are concerned, I think it rather apt that your civilization learns brewing from the Vandal tribe.

I have a lot more playing to do before I figure things out. For the nonce let me tender a hearty thank you to all those who worked on this Mod, most especially to the good people who put together the graphics. In all this Mod is a definite improvement on the play experience.

Now to learn what all you can do with assassins once you've got Assassins Guild built. (Abraham Lincoln as the Old Man of the Mountain.)

Ares de Borg
Apr 20, 2009, 04:57 AM
I believe you might better have posted that in the B:R thread. ;)

mythusmage
Apr 20, 2009, 05:56 AM
:hmm: ... :nya: :p :D