View Full Version : Ben-Gurion Leaderhead - Need feedback/advice

GhengisFarb
Sep 11, 2002, 12:28 PM
Honestly don't know much about him, but someone requested this leaderhead and I'm trying to get it done asap.

Any pics/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

(David Ben-Gurion was a Jewish/Israel leader from the 1930s to the late 60s and was active during the times of WW2, the creation of Israel and the Sinai Offensive, I believe, not my historical area of expertise.)

kemal69
Sep 11, 2002, 06:02 PM
That looks great ghengis, I was only thinking yesterday with all the isrealite units popping out how cool an animated leader for them would be. awesome!

dannyevilcat
Sep 11, 2002, 07:41 PM
Ahhhh! It a zionist invasion in here!!!! :sheep:

Looks just great, can't wait to use it for my Israeli civ.

Boulboulgadol
Sep 12, 2002, 03:27 AM
Look awesome ! Better then my static king david drawing !

Can't wait for the animated version !

Danny : it's not an invasion, it's an auto-invitation ! :D

kemal69
Sep 12, 2002, 07:44 AM
Gotta love the tie too.

Kal-el
Sep 12, 2002, 09:24 AM
Ghengis,

Can you use the same camera zoom as the original Civ3 leaderheads? The originals are a little tighter zoom from just the shoulders and above. I know that would not allow you to show off some of your female leader's assets ;) but for the men I don't see a problem with a closer head shot.

Just a thought. :) :) As always, very nice work.

GhengisFarb
Sep 12, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Kal-el
Ghengis,

Can you use the same camera zoom as the original Civ3 leaderheads? The originals are a little tighter zoom from just the shoulders and above. I know that would not allow you to show off some of your female leader's assets ;) but for the men I don't see a problem with a closer head shot.

Just a thought. :) :) As always, very nice work.

Actually, I zoom out so I can give them more movement and expression. The stock Firaxis ones simply move the head everything else is stiffer than AL Gore at a starch convention.

My goal is to make 32 standard civ leaderheads at this zoom with arm and body movements tied to their expression.

He He He, wait till you see "Little" Napoleon.............

sween32
Sep 12, 2002, 09:51 AM
:goodjob: looks good, ghengis!

unscratchedfoot
Sep 12, 2002, 11:21 AM
Nice bowl cut. I do like the way your animations move about in full body motion during discussions. The women try to use their bouncing jugs to try and lure me into giving them techs for useless world maps.

Please note that if you are doing both a nude and clothed version of Ben Gurion I will be going with the fully clothed one.

Looking forward to it.

CurtSibling
Sep 12, 2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Actually, I zoom out so I can give them more movement and expression. The stock Firaxis ones simply move the head everything else is stiffer than AL Gore at a starch convention.

I hit the floor with laughter at this one!

Man, do we need Napoleon!

Good work, Ghen!

Kal-el
Sep 12, 2002, 11:40 AM
I didn't realize that you were redoing all the originals. That changes everything.

Could we have a list of who you are doing for each Civ?

joespaniel
Sep 12, 2002, 12:56 PM

:eek:

:lol:

GhengisFarb
Sep 12, 2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
Please note that if you are doing both a nude and clothed version of Ben Gurion I will be going with the fully clothed one.

No, no not gonna be a leadermate.

No.:nono:

Am open to suggestions, the following are ones I've decided on:
America will be Teddy Roosevelt my favorite Republican President (No, not Nixon, although he was a close second:hmm: "I am not a crook!")
France will be Napoleon
Greece will be Helen of Troy
Cherokee will be Sequoah
Israel will be Ben Gurion
Portugal will be Prince Henry the Navigator

Those are the only ones I can think of right now. Need 32 in all.

Kal-el
Sep 12, 2002, 02:55 PM
Well here are some suggestions. :)

Rome = Augustus
Russia = Peter the Great, or a younger Katherine ;)
England = Elizabeth or Henry VIII
Egypt = Ramses
Polynesia = Kamehameha
Siam = Mongkut
Tibet = Songsten Gampo
Sioux = Sitting Bull

GhengisFarb
Sep 12, 2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Kal-el
Well here are some suggestions. :)

Rome = Augustus
England = Henry VIII"
Forgot those two, Augustus is a definite he's the epitome of Roman Leadership. Was leaning towards Henry VIII, Richard the Lionheart (although he didn't spend much effort on England) or Alfred the Great.

pesoloco
Sep 15, 2002, 01:08 PM
Looks very cool :goodjob: , but slightly off-center (maybe this is because he sways back and forth?)

Just curious, what program are you using to make the leader?

Dragon Warrior
Sep 15, 2002, 07:13 PM
I think he looks great but id ont know what he is supposed to look like...
On a completely different topic, where can i get those amazon leaderheads, i didn't get around to downloading them before they were removed. I didn't find them on apolyton and i didn't see them on your site either

unscratchedfoot
Sep 15, 2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Dragon Warrior
I think he looks great but id ont know what he is supposed to look like...
On a completely different topic, where can i get those amazon leaderheads, i didn't get around to downloading them before they were removed. I didn't find them on apolyton and i didn't see them on your site either

Yeah, same here. I couldn't find the amazon leaderheads and noticed they were removed or something from the fanactics thread. We need some cool leader for south america and yours are the best GhengisFarb.

GhengisFarb
Sep 15, 2002, 07:57 PM
Go to the bottom of the CivFantics Forum
screen and click the upload file button. When it asks
you to to browse for the files you want to upload
click 'view uploaded files". The High Amazon zips
will be named
> HiAmA01.zip
> HiAmA02.zip
> HiAmI01.zip
> HiAmI02.zip
> HiAmM01.zip
> HiAmM02.zip
> HiAmR01.zip
> HiAmR02.zip

and the Dark Amazon clips will be named
> cCupA011.zip
> cCupA021.zip
> cCupI01.zip
> cCupI02.zip
> cCupM011.zip
> cCupM021.zip
> cCupR01.zip
> cCupR02.zip

Just click the name on the list and it will download them.

I'm going to redo them in Jiggle Motion like the one on my preview thread at Apolyton. But that may be awhile.

kemal69
Sep 15, 2002, 09:23 PM
There's also a file called HighStills.zip which has the high amazon stills in it. but I couldn't find the dark stills.

Yoda Power
Nov 12, 2002, 10:22 AM
I this done yet?

amadeus
Nov 12, 2002, 03:10 PM
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, McFly!

It's a good head, but when I first saw it, I thought of Christopher Lloyd from "Back to the Future."

:crazyeye:

Yoda Power
Dec 23, 2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Yoda Power
I this done yet?

repeat

gael
Dec 24, 2002, 10:28 AM
I think you have brought this one back from the dead Yoda Power.

GhengisFarb, your leaderheads are very cool.
If you get to read this post, could you throw some of your knowledge into the 'Leaderhead creation for dummies' thread, it would be most apprecated.

Kinboat has already provided a good deal of information which he says he got from you and Sween32.

If i get the complete info, i'll organize and post the information in the tudorals forum, giving the three of you all the credit, if you don't mind.

Cheers!

bhiita
Dec 24, 2002, 11:25 PM
This is a good leaderhead, I'm not knowledgable about this era either but I remember seeing this guy in a WWI book I have.
From what I remember his hair was a little wilder than that in the pic (like Einstein would look with the top of his head bald) I'll try to find it (and my scanner) and post it if you reply to my post. or

(if someone else tells me too);)