View Full Version : Random Raves VIII: Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Zack
Sep 16, 2009, 07:12 PM
Stole my rant ;). Where have you been, Sharwood?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8457770&postcount=847

Sashie VII
Sep 16, 2009, 07:46 PM
It's raining and it feels like heaven in bed.

What sort of job?

Subeditor.

Zack
Sep 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
It's the first day of a 4 day weekend for me. :dance:

Huayna Capac357
Sep 17, 2009, 02:38 PM
Why do you get a 4-day weekend?

Zack
Sep 17, 2009, 04:23 PM
Teacher work days.

_random_
Sep 17, 2009, 08:53 PM
Engaging stoned people in political debate is fun.

D'Artagnan59
Sep 17, 2009, 08:55 PM
Teacher work days.

Screw it, I'm ranting in here:

Our school screws us over in teacher work days. They say there are five.

They use three in days before and after we start school.

Ulyaoth
Sep 17, 2009, 10:53 PM
I won $100 bowling today :)

Would have been $125 but I got cheated the last game.

taillesskangaru
Sep 18, 2009, 06:43 AM
Screw it, I'm ranting in here:

Our school screws us over in teacher work days. They say there are five.

They use three in days before and after we start school.

Here we get only four, and it is mandated by the government that three be used at the start of the year.

Nerowannabe
Sep 18, 2009, 05:47 PM
I walked the most gorgeous girl ever to her bus.

choxorn
Sep 18, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hopefully, you at least talked, or that's not a rave. :p

Nerowannabe
Sep 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
Hopefully, you at least talked, or that's not a rave. :p

We did on the way. She doesn't talk to me much anymore so kind of a big deal.

Ansar
Sep 18, 2009, 09:17 PM
I may be taking AS-Level French instead of this French 4/IGCSE-level French :D

Camikaze
Sep 18, 2009, 10:03 PM
I finally applied for uni. I put down Combined Law at UNSW as my 1st preference, and I doubt I'll get in (I need an ATAR of 99.40), but it's worth a try.

PlutonianEmpire
Sep 18, 2009, 11:12 PM
my mom finally convinced me that nothing's gonna happen in 2012.

All it takes is a little hard work on the family's part, eh? :p

Masada
Sep 18, 2009, 11:13 PM
99.40? Ouch. Why don't you do something like I don't know economics? :p

Camikaze
Sep 18, 2009, 11:29 PM
Well, B Commerce (Liberal Studies) at USyd is my 3rd preference. It needs 98.45. And B Commerce/B Economics at UNSW is my 8th preference, and it needs 95.65. So, yeah, that to fall back on.

Masada
Sep 18, 2009, 11:36 PM
... I'm fairly sure ANU or MU for economics only requires high eighties...

Camikaze
Sep 18, 2009, 11:40 PM
For straight economics, yeah, it's a bit lower, but I'd probably want something more than that. There's a reason why it's 'only' high eighties. Given my ranks, my school's past results, trial results, estimations, etc. I'd be reasonably disappointed to get below 97 (which may or may not be setting myself up for disappointment), so I may as well go for the more local/higher mark/double degree.

Masada
Sep 18, 2009, 11:44 PM
Given my schools results I was happy with the mid nineties I got. That put me right near the top and I'm the first to admit how astonishingly lazy I was :twitch:

Ulyaoth
Sep 18, 2009, 11:52 PM
my mom finally convinced me that nothing's gonna happen in 2012.

All it takes is a little hard work on the family's part, eh? :p

Wait you seriously believed in it? I'm just hoping...

really
Sep 19, 2009, 10:16 AM
At a wedding / on holiday in Montauk

Nerowannabe
Sep 19, 2009, 11:47 AM
After an all nighter and most of the morning I've completed 60% of my paper due monday.

Shekwan
Sep 19, 2009, 11:52 AM
Passed my repeat exam and got into third year. A huge gamble paid off. Basically I stayed abroad as long as possible before I had to return to Ireland to sit the exam. I gave myself a few days to cram for an exam that I had absolutely no aptitude for nor had any idea of the course material. Stayed up all night memorising answers before the exam. Passed with 42%. If I had got 39% I would have had to sit just that one exam for the whole of the 09/10 academic year.

It was economics which I'm dropping this year and the grade will not go towards my final degree grade. Aw yeah. Lesson not learned.

PlutonianEmpire
Sep 19, 2009, 12:29 PM
Wait you seriously believed in it? I'm just hoping...
Yes, I did.

What, you're hoping that I didn't? :p

That's not surprising. ;)

Ulyaoth
Sep 19, 2009, 12:38 PM
No hoping that it'll happen.

SS-18 ICBM
Sep 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
New laptop.

PlutonianEmpire
Sep 19, 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm eating a lunch-meat-mayo-peanut butter sandwich.

It's delicious. :yumyum:

Shylock
Sep 19, 2009, 03:14 PM
I visited one of my first webforums again today (Strategy Planet's Tropico board) after going to that site for a patch. I only had 11 posts and none of them are newer than 5 years old. I still remembered my old login and my profile has all my old IM account that I've long since abandoned. My latest post was pro Bush :lol:.

I joined that forum before I even started 9th grade, I'm a junior in college now. :eek:

Dachs
Sep 19, 2009, 03:35 PM
I had a good time last night. :love:

Kozmos
Sep 19, 2009, 04:20 PM
I got back with my ex...after she made me admit I actually have feelings and we made out in the garden of the Greek Embassy late at night before we realized the whole damn place is wired with cameras and decided to gtfo.

choxorn
Sep 20, 2009, 04:16 PM
I was playing Rock Band, and I just beat Run to the Hills and Won't Get Fooled Again on Expert Drums, both for the first time evah. :woohoo:

SS-18 ICBM
Sep 20, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hooray for getting s*** done.

Cheezy the Wiz
Sep 20, 2009, 04:59 PM
I've more than the required number of recommendation letters for Grad School! :dance: Given that one of them is coming from our department chairman, I think they'll be very hard-hitting.

EDIT: Second rave: I've about squared away my third Monarch win in C3C. :dance:

Nerowannabe
Sep 20, 2009, 06:36 PM
I just ate three popsicles!
Oh yeah and I fnished this paper...

Ansar
Sep 20, 2009, 08:39 PM
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Taylor Swift.
Taylor Sw--Beyoncé had one of the best knock knock jokes of all time!

I lol'ed -- and that's my rave.

Love
Sep 21, 2009, 12:00 AM
Start school at 9 - quit at 11 :D

Flying Pig
Sep 21, 2009, 12:38 PM
I've almost finished my next history article for this site!

Ansar
Sep 21, 2009, 03:48 PM
Got the confirmation for AS French Language :)

And I got an 100% on both my Maths test and my AS and A2 English Literature tests :D

Kozmos
Sep 21, 2009, 04:40 PM
David Icke is faking hilarious.

Red Door
Sep 21, 2009, 11:46 PM
For the first time since I got here, I am caught up or ahead in all of my classes. I even started a paper that's due on Thursday and studying for an exam that is next week. And now that rush is over (I pledged Delta Chi), I have a lot more free time. I get to see my family this weekend, and then it's only 2 weeks until I return to the D.M.V. for an extended weekend. Time is flying by, and I love it.

Camikaze
Sep 22, 2009, 12:07 AM
Today is hot. Almost too hot, but not quite.

Camikaze
Sep 22, 2009, 04:48 AM
And predictably, it was followed by a big thunderstorm. I like thunderstorms.

trader/warrior
Sep 22, 2009, 09:32 AM
God damn americans not ratifying the kyoto protocol! "Wah Wah, China doesn't have to reduce emissions as much as us". Yeah well maybe if you had followed the rest of the world so we could have a more powerfull agreement we would have much more leverage to have them reduce emissions in the new agreement in Copenhagen! Make the first move for once! For Gods sake can't you ever think further than four years ahead??

Gah... damn raves/rants i can't see the difference! I'm off to the rant thread to rant about this!

cardgame
Sep 22, 2009, 02:59 PM
For Gods sake can't you ever think further than four years ahead???

NO, we can't. :p

Camikaze
Sep 22, 2009, 03:17 PM
I woke up this morning and the world was sepia. And it still is. Seriously. A massive dust storm has hit Sydney, so the sky is brown/orange, and so is all the light. And dust is everywhere. And a consequence, I get a 'dust day' (I'm not sure if that is the technical term) off school.

Here's a comparison photo from Circular Quay:
http://images.smh.com.au/2009/09/23/747822/before-after-sydney-harbour-600x400.jpg
And from Neutral Bay:
http://images.smh.com.au/2009/09/23/748004/neutral-bay-before-after-600x400.jpg
And another photo from somewhere else near the Bridge:
http://images.smh.com.au/2009/09/23/747571/kate1-600x400.jpg

Huayna Capac357
Sep 22, 2009, 03:19 PM
That's so awesome.

Bill3000
Sep 22, 2009, 03:31 PM
augurey's new name :thumbsdown:

Dachs
Sep 22, 2009, 03:35 PM
I'm going out tonight! :D
augurey's new name :thumbsdown:
Mister Linguistics can't distinguish between "rave" and "rant"? :lol:

Joecoolyo
Sep 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
I woke up this morning and the world was sepia. And it still is. Seriously. A massive dust storm has hit Sydney, so the sky is brown/orange, and so is all the light. And dust is everywhere. And a consequence, I get a 'dust day' (I'm not sure if that is the technical term) off school.

http://images.smh.com.au/2009/09/23/747822/before-after-sydney-harbour-600x400.jpg
And another one from somewhere else:

Oh crap dude, that's awesome! I didn't know Sydney was that close to the desert.

Camikaze
Sep 22, 2009, 06:10 PM
It ain't (well, just as much as anywhere in Australia is near the desert). The dust storm came from Broken Hill, approximately 1000km away. It's the first time I've ever seen this type of thing in Sydney. Kinda apocalyptic.

Joecoolyo
Sep 22, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hmm... that's what I thought. After checking out some maps, it looks like that storm got some insane mileage! A comparison is like having a dust storm originate in New Mexico and end up in Chicago :eek:. The only difference is that your storm had to endure hills and thick forests (its called the Bush, right?).

Camikaze
Sep 22, 2009, 06:24 PM
Yup. These things generally don't get over the Great Dividing Range, so it's surprising that this did.

And now the wind has set in. Apparently it's meant to get up to 100 km/h soon. It's actually quite fun to watch. Almost as good as that day the sky turned pink.

Joecoolyo
Sep 22, 2009, 06:34 PM
Yup. These things generally don't get over the Great Dividing Range, so it's surprising that this did.

And now the wind has set in. Apparently it's meant to get up to 100 km/h soon. It's actually quite fun to watch. Almost as good as that day the sky turned pink.

Yah, wind is always fun to watch. Though, contrary to my city's nickname, wind doesn't come here often. But when it does, its usually in Derecho form, and those kick winds up close to Hurricane speed (so close to (I think) 70 mph), so basically the speed at which your in for :D.

taillesskangaru
Sep 22, 2009, 10:36 PM

Wow :eek:

And yesterday you had thunderstorms. :lol:

Dachs
Sep 22, 2009, 11:30 PM
I had fun tonight. :D

Cutlass
Sep 23, 2009, 06:38 AM

And from Neutral Bay:
http://images.smh.com.au/2009/09/23/748004/neutral-bay-before-after-600x400.jpg
And another photo from somewhere else near the Bridge:

:eek: what the hell caused that??!?!

Camikaze
Sep 23, 2009, 07:06 AM
Hot, dry weather. No rain in months. Strong winds. A low pressure system. And luck. It had moved to Brisbane by the end of the day, after depositing 385 000 000 kg of dust on Sydney. Apparently.

Masada
Sep 23, 2009, 07:10 AM
It isn't uncommon for Melbourne to have similar, though less spectacular, dust storms. Darwin just gets wreathed in smoke and ash from bush-fires the size of France and it doesn't even look pretty :(

Flying Pig
Sep 23, 2009, 03:28 PM
I finished my history article! Check the WH forum!

cardgame
Sep 23, 2009, 04:11 PM
That is one sick dust storm! :eek:

rave: no HW tonight :p

really
Sep 23, 2009, 04:38 PM
Back from a wedding in the US. Had a great time and met loads of lovely people.

I'll wait for the pictures to filter through facebook and post one.

Back to work tomorrow though.

Nerowannabe
Sep 23, 2009, 07:26 PM
Back from a wedding in the US. Had a great time and met loads of lovely people.

I'll wait for the pictures to filter through facebook and post one.

Back to work tomorrow though.

So how kindly did you take to the other yanks(the ones not involved with the weddings)? You know airport and all. :p

Dumanios
Sep 23, 2009, 10:17 PM
I have a 4 day weekend here!

Mirc
Sep 24, 2009, 03:18 AM
I've had my first full dream in German!!!!! :woohoo:

I can still remember when I had my first complete dream in English! :D (it happened in England, on my first trip to an actual English-speaking country)

I must be getting better at it!! :D :D

really
Sep 24, 2009, 03:47 AM
So how kindly did you take to the other yanks(the ones not involved with the weddings)? You know airport and all. :p
Grand - it wasn't my first visit and I speak English almost like a native so no problems, except for a 2.5 hour wait for a train from Jamaica -but I met one of the bride's cousins so had some company.

Being able to clear immigration and customs at Shannon is very handy - you arrive and walk off at JFK as if you are a domestic passenger.

Edit: My experience was Montauk / East Hampton and Manhattan below 89th street. That is a good cross section of US society isn't it?

Rossiya
Sep 24, 2009, 08:40 AM
I've had my first full dream in German!!!!! :woohoo:

I can still remember when I had my first complete dream in English! :D (it happened in England, on my first trip to an actual English-speaking country)

I must be getting better at it!! :D :D

Heh, I thought I was crazy having dreams in other languages. Obviously I am not.

Kerozine
Sep 24, 2009, 09:22 AM
Biology is pretty neat. :hatsoff:

Mirc
Sep 24, 2009, 10:45 AM
Heh, I thought I was crazy having dreams in other languages. Obviously I am not.

I almost never think in just one language, so it's pretty easy to understand that I don't dream in only one language either. :) It happens to anyone who speaks at least one foreign language fluently.

I think the only times when I only think in one language are when:
1) I'm writing a text or a post in a langauge
2) a few minutes (~20 minutes to 1 hour) after watching a movie or hearing a story or a play in a certain language.

Because of its Germanic roots, English helped me a lot with learning German, so ever since I got here I've been thinking pretty much solely in English mixed with German (the latter only if the thoughts I have on my mind are simple enough - I would do it always, if only I could...). I've pretty much intentionally forgotten that I have a mother language, until I become fluent in German. Having a dream in German proves to me that I can think in it, without problems. Okay, I still cannot express myself coherently if I have to explain something complicated to someone, but at least my brain is getting used to this particular kind of thinking. Learning a foreign language is like re-building the categories with which your mind works, one can never become fluent in a language if one constantly translates from another language.

Edit: BTW, tomorrow I have a German exam, which if I don't pass, will send me back to Romania.... I have absolutely no fear though, and somehow through some weird effects of the psychological factors involved, I've become way, way more confortable with speaking in German in the last 2 days or so.

Rossiya
Sep 24, 2009, 12:49 PM
I almost never think in just one language, so it's pretty easy to understand that I don't dream in only one language either. :) It happens to anyone who speaks at least one foreign language fluently.

I think the only times when I only think in one language are when:
1) I'm writing a text or a post in a langauge
2) a few minutes (~20 minutes to 1 hour) after watching a movie or hearing a story or a play in a certain language.

Because of its Germanic roots, English helped me a lot with learning German, so ever since I got here I've been thinking pretty much solely in English mixed with German (the latter only if the thoughts I have on my mind are simple enough - I would do it always, if only I could...). I've pretty much intentionally forgotten that I have a mother language, until I become fluent in German. Having a dream in German proves to me that I can think in it, without problems. Okay, I still cannot express myself coherently if I have to explain something complicated to someone, but at least my brain is getting used to this particular kind of thinking. Learning a foreign language is like re-building the categories with which your mind works, one can never become fluent in a language if one constantly translates from another language.

Edit: BTW, tomorrow I have a German exam, which if I don't pass, will send me back to Romania.... I have absolutely no fear though, and somehow through some weird effects of the psychological factors involved, I've become way, way more confortable with speaking in German in the last 2 days or so.

I learnt German at school, and since I finished school I don't learn it anymore, and I am very grateful for that. Whether it was because of the teachers or not, I ended up having no enthusiasm in it at all, and was glad to see the back of it.

As for not being able to become fluent in a language if one constantly translates from another language, that is totally true. Even putting it most practically, one can't have a conversation with someone in another language by thinking of something in your mother tongue and then translating it in to the other. The conversation would be disjointed and all.

Good luck with your exam tomorrow! Not that, it sounds, like you will need any luck.

Ulyaoth
Sep 24, 2009, 01:27 PM
Really? I've always wondered that, if people who know multiple languages just go translating from their original language and still always think in that language or if they actually think in the new language. I randomly think whatever few things I remember in Italian(like numbers, letters, days and months) at times but that's about it. I really have to go reading and watching some Italian things.

Rossiya
Sep 24, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yes, you should. :)

WildFire
Sep 24, 2009, 07:55 PM
After 4 months I got transferred back to my old job. Hooray!

really
Sep 24, 2009, 08:21 PM
I have dreamt / thought in French and Italian at different points in the past - usually once I have been in a country for 4+ months and my language skills are at their best.

I have also lost some of my fluency in English at these points, taking a few seconds to think of words or formulate a sentence.

Ulyaoth
Sep 24, 2009, 11:06 PM
???

You're Irish, I thought you speak English?(I know about Irish gaelic, I just thought it was a side language and most spoke English)

Shylock
Sep 24, 2009, 11:30 PM
I aced if not got a perfect score on my Trig exam. I got home safe after my tire was flattened by a nail and I had to put the spare on and I got a new 1TB hard drive.

taillesskangaru
Sep 25, 2009, 02:12 AM
Quite a rainy day today.

I love rain.

Mirc
Sep 25, 2009, 03:15 AM
Really? I've always wondered that, if people who know multiple languages just go translating from their original language and still always think in that language or if they actually think in the new language. I randomly think whatever few things I remember in Italian(like numbers, letters, days and months) at times but that's about it. I really have to go reading and watching some Italian things.

If you don't constantly think in the foreign language(s) that you study, even after years of practice you will always sound "slightly unusual". :) That's the problem with learning a foreign language in your own country, unless your country is itself multilingual (Switzerland, Belgium, African ex-colonies of various European countries, etc). That's especially visible in sentence and phrase structure. Romanian has a very different sentence structure to English, and German is entirely different (although one can still see traces of the old Germanic word positioning in English, it evolved so much that it's its own category now).

Some examples of those old similarities with English and German:
1) The so-called V2 positioning in some fixed phrases. In German, if there's anything before the subject, the subject moves AFTER the verb, so that the verb is always second (in main sentences only). For example, one wouldn't say "yesterday I went to the theater" but "yesterday went I to the theater". In English it's not so anymore, but you can still see traces of it in some fixed phrases, like "so am I" (instead of "so I am") or "not only DID THEY not agree with me, they..."
2) verb at the end of secondary sentences. In German, the verb is always at the very end of the sentence, if the sentence is secondary. But that used to be so in English too! Example: "I have no idea where they all WENT", and not "I have no idea where went they all".

Although it can be truly difficult at times, especially if one doesn't do so at a very early age, learning a foreign language is an eye-opening experience. :D

Camikaze
Sep 25, 2009, 05:46 AM
I got to make ice-cream with liquid nitrogen in Physics today. And it was perhaps the best ice-cream I've ever had.

really
Sep 25, 2009, 06:13 AM
???

You're Irish, I thought you speak English?(I know about Irish gaelic, I just thought it was a side language and most spoke English)
Only joking - accent, pronunciation, emphasis make a difference. I think I only had to repeat myself twice on the whole trip. I just had to talk slower than usual.

Gilder
Sep 25, 2009, 09:00 AM
I parked behind someone with the license plate KHAAAN yesterday. It made me lol.

Dachs
Sep 25, 2009, 11:26 AM
I now possess pairs of new jeans and repaired pairs of old jeans that still fit! :D
I got to make ice-cream with liquid nitrogen in Physics today. And it was perhaps the best ice-cream I've ever had.
Don't you work in an ice cream shop?

Damn, I gotta get in on this.

raketooy
Sep 25, 2009, 04:25 PM
The great six-hour math exam was today and I think I did well.

Ansar
Sep 25, 2009, 04:33 PM
Got a book for French today so I can finally get on to learning :D

And I destroyed the Maths test today (A-Level Maths is too easy; sadly no Further Maths is offered here :()

Camikaze
Sep 25, 2009, 04:50 PM
Don't you work in an ice cream shop?

Nope. Chinese restaurant.

SS-18 ICBM
Sep 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
Physics professor draws a vector for a force (F), acting on object A, and it was the force of gravity (G). Hilarity ensues.

capslock
Sep 25, 2009, 07:36 PM
My little brother got selected for US Army Special Forces! He got injured and had to wait a year to get to selection, but persistance pays off. I am extremly proud of him and happy for him. Don't ever quit kids.

Kerozine
Sep 25, 2009, 07:44 PM
Not everyday you get to cut open and dissect a fetal pig. :)

D'Artagnan59
Sep 25, 2009, 08:20 PM
I'm back out of love. With her.

Cheezy the Wiz
Sep 25, 2009, 08:22 PM
There was a girl at the salad bar today for like 20 minutes with the nicest ass I've ever seen. All the guys at work were like boys in a candy shop. :lol:

Gilder
Sep 25, 2009, 08:34 PM
Not everyday you get to cut open and dissect a fetal pig. :)

I've done that, it's really fun and interesting, but dear gods, the smell. Whatever they used to preserve the pigs must be a cocktail of the world's most horrifying smells, shaken and stirred by Satan.

Dachs
Sep 25, 2009, 08:35 PM
You know what's fun to do with a fetal pig? Pop its gallbladder open all over somebody's clothes. Ideally not your own.

Aaaahhh, ninth grade.

capslock
Sep 25, 2009, 08:39 PM
I've done that, it's really fun and interesting, but dear gods, the smell. Whatever they used to preserve the pigs must be a cocktail of the world's most horrifying smells, shaken and stirred by Satan.

Its Formaldahyde, lol.

Is he gone? That'd be a good rave.

Kerozine
Sep 25, 2009, 09:02 PM
Oof. Yeah. And we're going to be re-using the same specimen for the lab exam in a few weeks..
You know what's fun to do with a fetal pig? Pop its gallbladder open all over somebody's clothes. Ideally not your own.

Aaaahhh, ninth grade.

We were advised not to mutilate them. :sad::p

(Gall bladder ain't so bad, why not the urinary bladder or stomach?) :nya:

GG.

Ulyaoth
Sep 25, 2009, 09:40 PM
That's especially visible in sentence and phrase structure. Romanian has a very different sentence structure to English, and German is entirely different (although one can still see traces of the old Germanic word positioning in English, it evolved so much that it's its own category now).

Which evolved to its own category? English right? I'd like to learn German or Norwegian or something, but first I want to try to fluentize myself in Italian, so I'm gonna try reading and watching stuff in Italian in hopes I'll pick stuff up, and whenever the economy gets good my dad wants to take us to Italy, we've been saying so for years but crap always happens.

Physics professor draws a vector for a force (F), acting on object A, and it was the force of gravity (G). Hilarity ensues.

I don't get it...

Dachs
Sep 25, 2009, 09:42 PM
I don't get it...
F...A...G...:shake: What word do you get when you put those letters together?

Joecoolyo
Sep 25, 2009, 09:48 PM
F...A...G...:shake: What word do you get when you put those letters together?

You get GAF! You know, what eventually happens to every politician :D

Gilder
Sep 25, 2009, 10:01 PM

Aaaahhh, ninth grade.

Heh, I did mine last semester as part of my Bio class. The pigs had to be reused as part of the practical exam, and I don't think the prof would have liked if it if that happened.

Oof. Yeah. And we're going to be re-using the same specimen for the lab exam in a few weeks..

Yup, it's still pretty interesting and fun to cut 'em up and look at all the insides. But they've got the BO of a hobo.

PlutonianEmpire
Sep 27, 2009, 07:19 PM
Just had a big bowl of popcorn.

Delicious. :yumyum:

Gilder
Sep 27, 2009, 07:35 PM
I have an awesome girlfriend now. :D

Zack
Sep 28, 2009, 05:24 PM
I won the game. :smug:

choxorn
Sep 28, 2009, 05:35 PM
How, by making everyone else lose the game as soon as they read that?

Catharsis
Sep 28, 2009, 05:54 PM
Man, you can't let these mindworms control your life. You gotta stand up for yourself.

Incidentally, if anyone posts a link to that XKCD comic, I will come round to your house and fillet you myself.

cardgame
Sep 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
you don't need a link, you just need to be able to say you won the game (http://sporcle.com).

Bigfoot3814
Sep 28, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have an awesome girlfriend now. :D
Took the words right outta my mouth. :cool:

_random_
Sep 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
Underoath is a good band.

Shylock
Sep 28, 2009, 08:09 PM
I got an A on my maths test

Kozmos
Sep 29, 2009, 01:10 PM
This cherry flavored tobacco (Cherry Choice) I bought is awesome....too awesome for words.

Leonel
Sep 29, 2009, 02:16 PM
Huuray! My Robocop 2 and 3 DVD's came in the mail. I'm gonna watch the hell out of them!

I can't get enough of Robocop kickin' ass and takin' names with that song in the background. :D

hossam
Sep 29, 2009, 02:29 PM
My little brother got selected for US Army Special Forces! He got injured and had to wait a year to get to selection, but persistance pays off. I am extremly proud of him and happy for him. Don't ever quit kids.

is he an officer as well? do you guys get into arguments about which branch is better?

Camikaze
Sep 30, 2009, 01:51 AM
I finished school. :D
Just have graduation assembly tomorrow, and exams over the next month and a bit.

salty mud
Sep 30, 2009, 02:58 AM
I finished school. :D
Just have graduation assembly tomorrow, and exams over the next month and a bit.

Good luck! It can be a stressful time but rewarding if you put the effort in now.

I am really raking in the money with my job now. :D

Bill3000
Sep 30, 2009, 03:03 AM
I love the new autocensor.

Kozmos
Sep 30, 2009, 07:02 AM
What's so good about it?

choxorn
Sep 30, 2009, 07:39 AM
What the :):):):) does the new autocensor do?

Oh, that. Lol. :lol:

taillesskangaru
Sep 30, 2009, 07:47 AM
What the :):):):) is going on?

Wait so it actually works :rotfl:

Ansar
Sep 30, 2009, 01:24 PM
The school day is over.

Dachs
Sep 30, 2009, 01:42 PM
I'm cured!
What the :):):):) is going on?

Wait so it actually works :rotfl:
I'm trying to use it as often as practicable in the history forum. :confused:

Dumanios
Sep 30, 2009, 02:20 PM
:):):):)...

yep,the autocensor works.

Huayna Capac357
Sep 30, 2009, 03:05 PM
Ice cream sandviches :yumyum: :drool:

Flying Pig
Sep 30, 2009, 03:27 PM
The famous budget is now only about 50% too small!

Zack
Sep 30, 2009, 04:38 PM
How, by making everyone else lose the game as soon as they read that?
However, one reported variation states that The Game ends when the British Prime Minister "announces The Game is up" on television.
This happened, duh.

choxorn
Sep 30, 2009, 05:07 PM
[Citation Needed]

Dachs
Sep 30, 2009, 08:36 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ys27B1lQBkA/SGT-wfy09tI/AAAAAAAAAOE/qx07oj6Ya3E/s320/pringles-honey-mustard-761797.jpg

Ulyaoth
Sep 30, 2009, 08:39 PM
eww. Honey barbeque is what's good.

Dachs
Sep 30, 2009, 08:41 PM
I like that kind too! But the honey mustard are my new favorite. :D

Cheezy the Wiz
Sep 30, 2009, 08:43 PM
Trader Joe's is the best grocery store ever.

Cheezy the Wiz
Sep 30, 2009, 08:45 PM
I'm cured!

I'm trying to use it as often as practicable in the history forum. :confused:

I first noticed it in your epic Middle Ages post and thought you were being cleverly self-censoring.

Counterclaw
Sep 30, 2009, 10:04 PM
Trader Joe's is the best grocery store ever.

Yes it is! Where else can you get edible flowers, fair-trade coffee, chocolate ganache and tea-tree soap all in one trip?

taillesskangaru
Oct 01, 2009, 06:55 AM
Ice cream sandviches :yumyum: :drool:

Oooo those are very nice. :yumyum:

Nylan
Oct 01, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'm still not tired of working in close proximity to rockets and shuttles. :D

Ulyaoth
Oct 01, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yes it is! Where else can you get edible flowers, fair-trade coffee, chocolate ganache and tea-tree soap all in one trip?

What the hell is fair trade coffee?

Adria
Oct 01, 2009, 02:13 PM
I found two bottles of Lindeman's Kriek! :D

It's a Belgian black cherry lambic that I tried at the beer festival this year, and I had been looking for it ever since. Last night's hunt was successful - I bought the only/last two bottles on the shelf (unfortunately those two bottles cost as much as the 6-pack of micro that I also bought).

Kozmos
Oct 01, 2009, 02:16 PM
My to do list has swelled....my free time has decreased :(

Leonel
Oct 01, 2009, 02:18 PM
Oh man, why is Robocop so awesome? That scene where he take a bike from a bad guy and rev's the engine while playing chicken with Cain was just wow.

Just one thing I've wondered for a while now. Is Robocop still Murphy or is Robocop an entirely new entity but with Murphy's memories?

Ecofarm
Oct 01, 2009, 03:37 PM
I did quite a bit of work on my proposal today!

Tentatively titled:

Exploring Agricultural Change:
Livelihood System Modeling of Appropriate Technology Dissemination in Rural Kenya, North Kanja

hossam
Oct 01, 2009, 03:42 PM
I did quite a bit of work on my proposal today!

Tentatively titled:

Livelihood System Modeling of Appropriate Technology Dissemination in Rural Kenya, North Kanja

work on the title ;)

choxorn
Oct 01, 2009, 03:45 PM
My to do list has swelled....my free time has decreased :(

This is a rave... How?

work on the title ;)

Agreed, I fell asleep halfway through reading he title, make it a few words shorter.

Ansar
Oct 01, 2009, 04:21 PM
After sleeping for basically 3 hours, I'm beginning to feel better.

Squarg
Oct 01, 2009, 05:23 PM
I just love that feeling of not being rejected.

Sashie VII
Oct 01, 2009, 09:51 PM
The net connection at my workplace is awesomely fast! :D

hossam
Oct 01, 2009, 09:53 PM
The net connection at my workplace is awesomely fast! :D

use it to download porn :thumbsup:

SS-18 ICBM
Oct 04, 2009, 12:04 PM
Get fired so early from a job he just got? Not a good impression.

Anyway, rave.
Better time prioritization and dropping a useless course has brought more free time.

Cheezy the Wiz
Oct 04, 2009, 06:53 PM
I had a lot of fun at the Annapolis Oktoberfest today. Great beer, great music, great food, great times with my friends, and I had fun tormenting a politician who was running for mayor of Annapolis, too.

Huayna Capac357
Oct 04, 2009, 08:25 PM
Chocolate sauce :yumyum:

Mowque
Oct 04, 2009, 08:35 PM
I have dropped back in.

Sashie VII
Oct 05, 2009, 02:13 AM
Get fired so early from a job he just got? Not a good impression.

:lol: And I have better things to download :crazyeye:

Rave: I've found a way to open facebook at work! And I'm getting this month's pay next week! :dance:

Dachs
Oct 05, 2009, 12:44 PM
I just ate for the first time in three and a half days.

I've never felt so alive...:D :D :D

Mowque
Oct 05, 2009, 12:45 PM

Why the fast?

Dachs
Oct 05, 2009, 12:55 PM
Why the fast?
University bureaucracy computer problem deprived me of slightly over a hundred and fifty dollars' worth of food, and I couldn't fix it over the weekend because their offices were closed. And of course I never expected to have to have food outside of that, so I didn't have any funds available for food outside of the ones of which I was deprived. So it's partly my own damn fault, but not mostly!

And the sandvich still tasted great! (The apples slightly less so, a bit on the mushy side, but STILL WHATEVER MAN IT'S FOOD)

Mowque
Oct 05, 2009, 12:56 PM
University bureaucracy computer problem deprived me of slightly over a hundred and fifty dollars' worth of food, and I couldn't fix it over the weekend because their offices were closed. And of course I never expected to have to have food outside of that, so I didn't have any funds available for food outside of the ones of which I was deprived. So it's partly my own damn fault, but not mostly!

And the sandvich still tasted great! (The apples slightly less so, a bit on the mushy side, but STILL WHATEVER MAN IT'S FOOD)

No friends to loan you money for a sandwich? Geez, tough man. I feel hungry after a hours without food.

Kozmos
Oct 05, 2009, 01:02 PM

I've never felt so alive...:D :D :D

Try the next thing on the list now...narrowly escaping a beating from armed skinheads.

Dachs
Oct 05, 2009, 01:04 PM
Skinheads? Here? We got trannies and gangstas in this city, not a whole lotta skinheads.

If I'd thought of begging money or food from people during the whole ordeal, I probably would've done it myself! But it never occurred to me. I didn't really go out this weekend to do anything, that probably helped.

Flying Pig
Oct 05, 2009, 01:17 PM
The Great Budget Crisis is finally (pretty much) over! I can eat and sleep now!

Gilder
Oct 05, 2009, 07:34 PM
It has been an awesome evening. A very good way to end the day. :cool:

Shylock
Oct 05, 2009, 07:49 PM
Today was a good day. I made major in-roads into finally making some friends at my new university and saw an old friend there. Empire Total War was 50% off on Steam so I got it.

cardgame
Oct 05, 2009, 08:11 PM
got my crapton of homework done.

Joecoolyo
Oct 05, 2009, 08:13 PM
I had a really good day at school today, despite that it was a Monday :D

Dumanios
Oct 06, 2009, 06:46 PM
Got my HW done!

Annex
Oct 06, 2009, 08:39 PM
My Political Theory midterm is finally over. Now to start on the paper...

taillesskangaru
Oct 07, 2009, 01:42 AM
This is the first day in a long while that I didn't feel like crap.

Mirc
Oct 07, 2009, 06:24 AM
My first day in a German university ended 1 hour ago. I understood almost all that the music theory teacher said!! And in the theory course, there is ONE other guy and 11 girls!!! :eek: And at least 4 of them are so hot I could hardly concentrate on what the guy there was trying to teach. I'm serious, I'm surrounded by amazingness in that class!

Virote_Considon
Oct 07, 2009, 11:36 AM
The view from my room is nice :)

Ulyaoth
Oct 07, 2009, 12:40 PM
It's really windy right now. And warm, I'ma go outside.

Gilder
Oct 07, 2009, 09:39 PM
Stephen Colbert told everyone to go to Conservapedia and edit him in their version of the Bible. Hilarity can only ensue. :lol:

Godwynn
Oct 07, 2009, 09:49 PM
My first day in a German university ended 1 hour ago. I understood almost all that the music theory teacher said!! And in the theory course, there is ONE other guy and 11 girls!!! :eek: And at least 4 of them are so hot I could hardly concentrate on what the guy there was trying to teach. I'm serious, I'm surrounded by amazingness in that class!

Germany is nice isn't it?

:D

Sashie VII
Oct 08, 2009, 07:20 PM
Mirc, you're lucky. My office is young-ish, but few eye candies and none at all from where I'm sitting.

Adria
Oct 08, 2009, 07:35 PM
4 day weekend for me! :D

SS-18 ICBM
Oct 08, 2009, 09:30 PM
Stephen Colbert told everyone to go to Conservapedia and edit him in their version of the Bible. Hilarity can only ensue. :lol:
That news fills me with mirth.

choxorn
Oct 09, 2009, 12:16 AM
4 day weekend for me! :D

Lucky, I only get a 3 day weekend. :mad:

Sashie VII
Oct 09, 2009, 03:30 AM
Weekend's here! :dance:

Mirc
Oct 09, 2009, 05:44 AM
Germany is nice isn't it?

:D

It's truly amazing... A few days ago in the theory course I would just look the girl left of me in the eyes, then the next one, and so on, give them "turns" and just be happy. :p Now I see the meaning of the "one more turn syndrome"! I've already been together with 2 German girls, and I'm eagerly awaiting the party tomorrow where I'm gonna be the only guy in a 10-people drinking fest. I'm gonna try an Italian for a change.

Mirc, you're lucky. My office is young-ish, but few eye candies and none at all from where I'm sitting.

I am, I am. Come be a music student in Germany, that's where the party is at. :p

Nylan
Oct 09, 2009, 08:09 AM
U2 360 tour w/ Muse tonight :D

Adria
Oct 09, 2009, 12:26 PM
Payday today. :)

So I guess you wouldn't want to know that next week is a 3 day week, followed by another 3 day weekend?

Flex days are great. :) They're not normally this packed together, but I had to shift a couple around recently.

Huayna Capac357
Oct 09, 2009, 02:55 PM
3-day weekend :D

Kozmos
Oct 09, 2009, 03:22 PM
The long day is finally over...I feel the sweet embrace of sleep calling me and the racket of dying voices.

Zack
Oct 09, 2009, 03:32 PM
Same here.

cardgame
Oct 09, 2009, 03:39 PM
Two day weekend! :help:

Zack
Oct 09, 2009, 03:41 PM
Lololololololololololoser!!!

cardgame
Oct 09, 2009, 03:45 PM
Lololololololololololoser!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

rave: rediscovered Soldat recently and have been having a lot of fun with it.

CIV D
Oct 09, 2009, 11:42 PM
3 Day Weekend!

Oh, and I had the best bag of chips I've ever had today.

Nylan
Oct 10, 2009, 12:28 AM
Bono is a freaking maniac. There were 72,000 people at that show. 72,000 people chanting "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" while The Edge struts his stuff on the craziest stage in rock history.

Still, I think Daft Punk did better

Love
Oct 10, 2009, 05:39 AM
Hurray I'm going to a concert!

_random_
Oct 10, 2009, 04:51 PM
It's my birthday!

Huayna Capac357
Oct 10, 2009, 07:12 PM
Yay! Bon anniversaire :D

Ansar
Oct 10, 2009, 08:19 PM
Relaxation http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/azzaman333/8.gif

SS-18 ICBM
Oct 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
Extra day to study. That's quite welcome.

Catharsis
Oct 11, 2009, 06:06 AM
Looks like I might have some more time in which to revise and do problem sheets this year, which is a welcome bonus, considering the various messes I got myself into last year.

Happy birthday Randomnerd10! :bday:

Synsensa
Oct 11, 2009, 07:30 AM
I was supposed to buy clothes yesterday at Urban Planet, but the cashier girl pulled me to the side and asked me if I was doing a big shop, I of course said yes (I was planning on buying for over $100), and then she slipped me a sheet telling me to come back on Monday, where they're having a large sale where you buy one, get the next one for $1, and told me to buy $100 that way, so then I get twice the amount of clothes and I get a membership card which gives me 10% off.

Man, I love girl employees.

Gilder
Oct 11, 2009, 10:05 AM
Reading about all the nerdy couples listed on the Troper Tales page of Geeky Turn Ons on TV Tropes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I dare a person not to read the tales and not go "d'aaaaawwww."

Ulyaoth
Oct 11, 2009, 11:00 AM
I stopped reading quickly. Most horrifying. I saw a girl just reading a world of warcraft novel one day at school recently, it terrified me. Most those things would if a girl told me she liked those weird animes and whatever.

Virote_Considon
Oct 11, 2009, 12:41 PM
Reading about all the nerdy couples listed on the Troper Tales page of Geeky Turn Ons on TV Tropes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I dare a person not to read the tales and not go "d'aaaaawwww."

I knew I shouldn't have followed that link... But oh, no, there I went, and there went my day! :mad:

:p (http://www.xkcd.com/609/)

Ulyaoth
Oct 11, 2009, 01:01 PM
I don't get that site, what's interesting about it? Not a single page makes any kind of sense.

Ansar
Oct 11, 2009, 01:11 PM
Jane Eyre is a pretty decent novel. :)

choxorn
Oct 11, 2009, 01:22 PM
I don't get that site, what's interesting about it? Not a single page makes any kind of sense.

Cause it's just so damn addicting! Must... click... on... Link!

Ulyaoth
Oct 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
But it's not, it would be if the links went to pages that referred to what they were noted as, but they don't, they go to complete random crap that says nothing about anything. It's like 1000 people randomly posting their thoughts on a single page at once.

SS-18 ICBM
Oct 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
"I'm cool because my opinion is different."

Kerozine
Oct 11, 2009, 07:51 PM
Going through some photophopped images. :lmao:

cardgame
Oct 11, 2009, 09:19 PM
But it's not, it would be if the links went to pages that referred to what they were noted as, but they don't, they go to complete random crap that says nothing about anything. It's like 1000 people randomly posting their thoughts on a single page at once.

Clearly you do not understand it.

Ulyaoth
Oct 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
Nothing to understand.

Earthling
Oct 11, 2009, 09:26 PM
I knew I shouldn't have followed that link...

Yeah, really, that link wasn't great at all. But at least I quickly stopped reading, only a minute or two till I got bored with various losers. About the general addictiveness of TV tropes though - it can tend to waste your time, but in my experience it's only when people first learn of it (same with me) - then after that you've probably read/heard of any "trope" that's going to be linked again.

taillesskangaru
Oct 12, 2009, 02:19 AM
I feel a little better today, despite possibly failing two practice exams.

Heretic_Cata
Oct 12, 2009, 04:12 AM
Clearly you do not understand it.
Wall of text = boring.

Uncle Anton
Oct 12, 2009, 04:42 AM
Random Raves?

Ok... here's one.

With all the nagging and b!tching some of the cracktards do in this joint when it comes to the various petty political and religious squabbles they have, I'm actually beginning to think this place is worse than /b/

More than one sauce on this here intarnets likens /b/ to the web's sewer. If that's true, and I suspect that it is, then surely OT is the creek or small waterway that all the rest of the internet's sewer sites (ED, *chan etc) feed.

You want sh!t folks? Right here... come and get it...

Nom nom nom nom nom.

inb4 "Cool Story Bro" :P :)

SS-18 ICBM
Oct 12, 2009, 07:48 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Wall of text = boring.

Reading is for losers.

Zack
Oct 12, 2009, 07:49 AM
Wall of text = boring.
Yet you come here frequently.

Heretic_Cata
Oct 12, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yet you come here frequently.
I come here to look at short posts and pretty pictures. :D

EDIT: oh and smileys :rudolf:

Ansar
Oct 12, 2009, 02:58 PM
Today was another day of school filled with nothing :)

Sashie VII
Oct 12, 2009, 07:40 PM
I got a good night's sleep, and reached work without fuss. Oh, and payday's on Thursday!

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 13, 2009, 07:02 AM
After years of hemming and hawing, I have finally sent in a grad school application. Now, I just have to hope I get accepted and come up with a way to pay for it . . .

downtown
Oct 13, 2009, 07:06 AM
I fly back to Ohio for a long weekend in 48 hours. 4 days with my girlfriend, old college buddies....and no teaching.......

Nylan
Oct 13, 2009, 10:33 AM
One week 'till the party gets started

Kozmos
Oct 13, 2009, 12:38 PM
I love graffiti's by anarchists...

For a society without governance!
Lets organize ourselves!

I :lol:'d so hard.

Adria
Oct 13, 2009, 02:21 PM
A coworker decided to provide lunch today, for no real reason (reasons given were her upcoming birthday and the treatment software upgrade currently finishing up). It was FANTASTIC!!!

Usually at work potlucks, her dishes are the first to go because they're usually the best. Today she provided chicken lasagna, veggie lasagna, veggie lasagna, salmon, cabbage rolls, couscous salad, and a couple homemade cakes. And that's just the stuff she made. There were also some chips and pita and dips and veggie platters and fruit platters and dessert platters (brownies, date squares, nanaimo bars, etc). Definitely made up for the lack of turkey dinner over the weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving).

What a great way to start off my 3-day work week! :D

Dumanios
Oct 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
I got Chipotle!

Japanrocks12
Oct 13, 2009, 05:27 PM
Flying to Minnesota for quizbowl this weekend!

_random_
Oct 13, 2009, 06:26 PM
Yay! Bon anniversaire :D

Looks like I might have some more time in which to revise and do problem sheets this year, which is a welcome bonus, considering the various messes I got myself into last year.

Happy birthday Randomnerd10! :bday:
Thank you. I was hoping for a thread, but at this rate, I'll have a thousand posts by 2012, so by then I should have the prerequisite for prominence.

Ulyaoth
Oct 13, 2009, 08:34 PM
Just had a really really good steak for dinner. I make good food.

Gilder
Oct 13, 2009, 08:36 PM
I got Chipotle!

I hope you got Billy Mays' Chipotl-away as well.

Synsensa
Oct 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
I have an 85 in my Careers course, and a 92 in my Academic History course. Awesome :D
Plus, I won the French award in my grade.

Dachs
Oct 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
my Academic History course.
Is this like historiography or is it some dressed-up way to say regular old history?

Synsensa
Oct 13, 2009, 08:45 PM
Is this like historiography or is it some dressed-up way to say regular old history?

Uhm... University level history? I am not sure what they called it in the high-school you were from...

Ulyaoth
Oct 13, 2009, 08:47 PM
Aren't you like 15? Why would you be offered a university level class already?

Dachs
Oct 13, 2009, 08:47 PM
Uhm... University level history? I am not sure what they called it in the high-school you were from...
In America if they're giving university credits for a high school course it usually has "AP" or "IB" tacked on in front of it. World, Canadian, Modern, what kind of history?

Synsensa
Oct 13, 2009, 08:48 PM
Aren't you like 15? Why would you be offered a university level class already?

Kay, you know how you have two different course choices? Well here, grade 9's and 10's have the choice between "Applied" and "Academic". Academic being the smarter, Applied being the slower. In grade 11 and 12, it changes to "College" and "University". University being the smarter, College being the slower.

If that made any sense :confused:

EDIT AT DACHS - AP, Canadian.

Ulyaoth
Oct 13, 2009, 08:49 PM
My school had three choices, regular, honors, and AP.

Nylan
Oct 14, 2009, 09:25 AM
I just stood next to Shuttle Atlantis during roll-out. :D

PlutonianEmpire
Oct 14, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yesterday and today, I've celebrated two birthdays in a row, my brother's yesterday, and my sister's today. What fun. :D

The cake was delicious. :yumyum:

kulade
Oct 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
Did anyone see the new South Park where Butters becomes a pimp? I lol'd.

Huayna Capac357
Oct 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
October 12, 2009, was an awesome Daily Show episode.

Cheezy the Wiz
Oct 14, 2009, 09:40 PM
After years of hemming and hawing, I have finally sent in a grad school application. Now, I just have to hope I get accepted and come up with a way to pay for it . . .

I just submitted the last of my grad school application today as well!

Where did you apply to?

Annex
Oct 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
4 day weekend is here!

taillesskangaru
Oct 15, 2009, 05:15 AM
I feel a bit down :(

This counts as a rave because I'm only feeling sad, not suicidal.

Gilder
Oct 15, 2009, 07:06 AM
Did anyone see the new South Park where Butters becomes a pimp? I lol'd.

The mere idea of making Butters a pimp was enough to keep me giggling for ten minutes.

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 15, 2009, 07:58 AM
I just submitted the last of my grad school application today as well!

Where did you apply to?

Catholic University, for Library Science for Spring '10. It was actually a last minute decision, I finally decided to go ahead and do library science, and they are the only school in the DC area with a program that starts in the spring. Depending on how my wife's application to George Mason works out, if I don't make it I can apply other places for later semesters.

Cheezy the Wiz
Oct 15, 2009, 08:08 AM
Cool! Mine was to UMCP, for MA in History.

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 15, 2009, 08:10 AM
I might apply to UMCP next semester.

Kozmos
Oct 15, 2009, 10:19 AM
Got two books from my gf for my birthday....which was awesome and rumtastic. Also got a 4 in robotics which has a hard ass professor.

It would seem the gods in a fit of mercy have made a cosmic shift for the duration of the day and allowed me fun. Hooraay.

Nylan
Oct 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
The going away parties are starting. :) Funny how sometimes you don't realize where you stand with people until it's time to leave.

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 15, 2009, 10:33 AM
The going away parties are starting. :) Funny how sometimes you don't realize where you stand with people until it's time to leave.

When is your report date?

Nylan
Oct 15, 2009, 10:35 AM
Wednesday the 21st; I'll be in Provo by Tuesday afternoon.

Ansar
Oct 15, 2009, 07:09 PM
Three-day weekend coming up! :D

Virote_Considon
Oct 16, 2009, 05:16 AM
Lots of books arrived today!

Nylan
Oct 16, 2009, 01:39 PM
My Professional Starcraft merchandise arrived today :D

Adria
Oct 16, 2009, 01:41 PM
Day off today! :D

I turned the TV on to my default 'there's nothing else on' channel of National Geographic (HD, of course) to find a couple episodes of a show covering "Britain's greatest machines." The host? It took me a minute to figure out that it was Arnold Rimmer (Chris Barrie) - I'm not used to seeing him without the H on his forehead and not whining. :lol:

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 16, 2009, 01:53 PM
My Professional Starcraft merchandise arrived today :D

Just in time!

Nylan
Oct 16, 2009, 02:12 PM
I'm taking the team shirt for p-days.

Martacus
Oct 16, 2009, 09:30 PM
The current Miss America gave a speech here yesterday.

Dachs
Oct 17, 2009, 12:11 AM
Rave: A friend of mine who does an awful lot of drugs is surprisingly still alive after the last year and a half.
Rant: I now owe him ten dollars.
Rave: He probably doesn't remember.

Flying Pig
Oct 17, 2009, 04:27 AM
That's a pretty morbid bet