View Full Version : Call to Power II: Apolyton Edition (25th July 2009)

Maquiladora
Jul 25, 2009, 09:32 PM
A new release has been made.

The "CtP2 Apolyton Edition" is basically a patch made by the Apolyton CtP2 community using the CtP2 source code.

The AE fixes many bugs that were in the original game, adds many new useful features, and improves the AI a lot.

You can download it HERE (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187205) and report anything about the release in the same thread. :)

aberwak
Sep 21, 2009, 10:16 AM
I finally got around to trying the AE. I generally liked everything (you can choose what color you are- yay! More resources- yay! More controls overall- yay!). What I didn't like about it was that it seemed like the AI was super focused on building lots of cities, and generally close together. Maybe it was just that game, though. It could also just be my bad memory of what the AI in CTP2 was like.

Maquiladora
Sep 24, 2009, 06:46 PM
What I didn't like about it was that it seemed like the AI was super focused on building lots of cities, and generally close together. Maybe it was just that game, though. It could also just be my bad memory of what the AI in CTP2 was like.

There was no AI before ;)

If you focus entirely on building cities yourself you can out-build the AI, so the AI is not all that focused on cities. Obviously if you do focus entirely on more cities you leave yourself open to attacks and miss out on other things like wonders.

A smaller spacing does mean you can build cities quicker, but it also means you have to make that extra speed count sooner, before the collection radius' of your cities overlap each other and your cities lose efficiency. Some AI personalities play this way and some play a wider expansion game. Any AI personality that starts on a small island will always favour smaller gaps between cities though.