View Full Version : Dune Music Pack

Deliverator
Aug 23, 2009, 03:14 PM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=231795&d=1256105130

I've put together a new music pack for the mod and I thought I'd share it. Hopefully, this will add more atmosphere to your Dune Wars experience.

The pack currently adds game soundtrack plus diplomacy music for all the factions.

Dune Wars Music Pack 1.9 (Requires Dune Wars 1.9.1 and later)

Changes
+ Added several Arabic tracks from the Civ 5 soundtrack
+ Soundtrack selector now continually cycles through the seven eras, randomly selecting a track from each for improved variety
+ The pack is now 200MB, but it's worth it!

Download: Download Dune Wars Music Pack 1.9 (http://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B8sp6PVThqEbRU80TmozQjdWLU0)

Mirror: Download Dune Wars Music Pack 1.9 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20018985/mods/dune-wars-music-pack-1-9b.exe)

To install, simply unzip the file and run the installer executable.

Old Versions

Changes 1.7 Version - 1353 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.7.1
+ New tracks from 1.6.4 should now actually play

Changes 1.6.4 Version - 682 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.6.4
+ New tracks from Stéphane Picq's Spice Opera and three tracks cut from Klaus Schulze's Dune

Changes 1.6 Version - 280 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.6

Changes 1.5.5 Version - 142 downloads
+ Compatibility with Dune Wars 1.5.5
+ Added 5 new soundtrack songs from the Dune Miniseries

Changes 1.5 Version - 233 downloads
+ Remastered and Re-edited the Ordos diplo music
+ Tweaked some of the track volumes to try and balance things

Sounds better than the deleted scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDwFgSAOBLA) where Gurney plays the baliset...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=231794&stc=1&d=1256104916

Deliverator
Aug 23, 2009, 04:02 PM
There are a couple of errors with this - I'll re-upload it.

Edit: Should be fixed now. There was a wrong XML and a corrupted mp3.

keldath
Aug 23, 2009, 04:14 PM
nice,
does it include something from my older sound pack?

Deliverator
Aug 23, 2009, 05:30 PM
There is a bit of overlap with the old one in terms of the film tracks and the Children of Dune tracks. I've tried to pick out the best and most atmospheric stuff available and keep it varied. I only used the Dune 2000 soundtrack for the Ordos diplo music - it is quite boxy sounding and too lofi IMO. I probably need to adjust the volumes of some of the tracks in the XML since some are bit quiet and some too loud.

Ahriman
Aug 26, 2009, 08:25 AM
Love the music, very cool. Very "Lawrence of Arabia"-ish.

Which probably also has some really good music we could use!

Deliverator
Aug 26, 2009, 11:21 AM
Glad you like it. The Middle-Eastern sounding tracks are mostly Brian Tyler's soundtrack for Children of Dune. It is the best thing about that miniseries in my opinion, the acting and special effects are pretty suspect at times. I quite like having a mix between the Middle-Eastern instruments (=desert), more orchestral scores (=epic) and synth/ambient stuff (=future/sci-fi).

Deliverator
Sep 06, 2009, 01:43 PM
Fixed an issue with this. Diplomacy music wasn't installing correctly. Download link in opening post redirected.

Gelvan
Sep 08, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hi thanks A LOT for this mod - in my download the WinRAR program said that the benegesserit.mp3 is faulty - I'll rename another one to benegesserit.mp3 so it should work.

Deliverator
Sep 08, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hmmmm. That's the second time I've got a corrupted mp3 uploading to MediaFire.

Nevermind. I've attached the Bene Gesserit track, and I'll try to fix the main upload soon.

koma13
Sep 10, 2009, 02:11 PM
The new soundtrack is great! Especially the diplo music for Ix. :goodjob:

Ahriman
Sep 10, 2009, 02:22 PM
I was literally about to post that... the Ix music is fantastic. Tons of flavor.

Deliverator
Sep 14, 2009, 04:04 PM
New version - updated for Dune Wars 1.5 - see opening post for details and link.

@David: Please can you update the link in the download page? Probably better just to link to this thread in case I need to update it again.

davidlallen
Sep 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
Updated modpack thread, download post and external web page to point to this thread.

Deliverator
Oct 11, 2009, 01:09 PM
The music pack is not yet updated for version 1.5.5, but I will update it soon.

Manifold
Oct 12, 2009, 12:09 PM
The music pack is terrific. Thank you guys for this unrivalled mod!!!!!!!

Deliverator
Oct 12, 2009, 02:42 PM
I have created a compatibility patch for Dune Wars 1.5.5 that also adds 5 new tracks to the soundtrack. Download here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yrzxftlozym). Also linked in opening post. This is to save people from downloading a 120MB file when the already have the 1.5 Music Pack. I will add a complete new version of the Music Pack soon.

davidlallen
Oct 18, 2009, 11:53 AM
The way the music pack is set up today, there are two xml files which need to be checked and perhaps updated every release: civ4leaderheadinfos.xml and civ4erainfos.xml. Deliverator has suggested before to put the diplomacy music into the main release; this way, we don't have to keep checking the leaderheads file. Since we have just overhauled this file, now is a good time.

I have added the diplomacy sounds to the main release for 1.6 (which is not released yet). This increases the download size from about 60 MB to about 80 MB, but that is not too bad. Also the audio script files and so forth are the same between the main release and the music pack. The only difference is the erainfos file and the actual song files.

For 1.6, please update erainfos.xml with the new era names, delete the other xml files, and delete the diplomacy music. This will make the music pack maintenance much simpler.

EDIT: new era names for 1.6, from some random post in the religion thread (what, you couldn't find it? :-))

1) Ayat - Seeds
2) Wali - Youth
3) Mihna - Testing
4) Hajra - Seeking
5) Tahaddi - Strength
6) Ijaz - Prophecy
7) Jannah - Paradise

Deliverator
Oct 18, 2009, 12:13 PM
Good stuff. This will make my life simpler.

Ahriman
Oct 18, 2009, 12:34 PM
1) Ayat - Seeds
2) Wali - Youth
3) Mihna - Testing
4) Hajra - Seeking
5) Tahaddi - Strength
6) Ijaz - Prophecy
7) Jannah - Paradise

Good!

Caleb_kreegan
Oct 21, 2009, 06:23 AM
is the dune wars music pack for the version 1.5.5 valid for the new version 1.6? or will u upload a new one? thx

Deliverator
Oct 21, 2009, 06:42 AM
There will be an updated version for 1.6 by tomorrow at the latest.

Slvynn
Oct 21, 2009, 06:48 AM
is the dune wars music pack for the version 1.5.5 valid for the new version 1.6? or will u upload a new one? thx

Making answer with quoted part of david's post, which answers your question:

For 1.6, please update erainfos.xml with the new era names, delete the other xml files, and delete the diplomacy music. This will make the music pack maintenance much simpler.

That mean if you have music pack for 1.5.5 , to make it 1.6 compatible you should :
a. delete all xml files from it except erainfos.xml
b. update names of eras in erainfos.xml by copypasting names from david's era names post into proper places.
c. delete directory with diplo music, but leave Sountrack folder as it is.
d. install it on 1.6

optional, replaces previous steps (i xposted with Deliverator)
a. wait for 1.6 music pack , which will be very soon.
:)

keldath
Oct 21, 2009, 12:17 PM
--- mistake post---

Deliverator
Oct 21, 2009, 04:07 PM
1.6 version of the music pack is up.

If you have it, following Slvynn's steps for upgrading the 1.5.5 patch to 1.6 will probably be quicker.

Slvynn
Nov 06, 2009, 04:17 AM
Transferring this post from other thread to proper place to avoid it being lost and unanswered

As continuation of soundtrack discussion here- What about if there will be 3 different lists.
1. Neutral . Including most of tracks, excluding some of Exxos perhaps and some more with theme 3
2. Arrakis Spice. Neutral list + Exxos music + more Emperror stuff.
3. Arrakis Paradise. Neutral exluding 1-2 tracks + tracks that fit + some Mercan Dede - Sufi Dreams music? (i will upload tracks at home).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B0000089VE/ref=pd_krex_dp_a/176-7949237-6988514
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaa56H8pWNo
or similar

Is that possible to link soundtrack to civics?
This linking seems to be appropriate for mod.

Deliverator
Nov 06, 2009, 04:30 AM
Is that possible to link soundtrack to civics?

Again, this would require custom code effort and personally I still like having maximum variety all the time when I am playing.

I am going to be putting out a patch for the Music Pack this weekend with probably 5 new tracks. A couple from Stéphane Picq's Spice Opera and three tracks cut from Klaus Schulze's brilliant Dune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmBt8_JwklQ).

Slvynn
Nov 06, 2009, 07:24 AM
As for voice of units sounds - those of dune 2000 or Emperror can be used for sure
Dune 2000 ordos voices are good for ixian btw

Deliverator
Nov 15, 2009, 12:43 PM
A new version of the music pack is linked in the opening post. Dune Wars 1.6.4 is required. It is around 38MB bigger, but you get over 30 minutes more music for your download time.

Slvynn
Nov 27, 2009, 02:13 PM
@Deliverator
i found that your new tracks are not playing in game
Perhaps there is an error with no new line in AudioDefines.xml
I dont know for sure - can you please check? :)
Perhaps small patch will be required

Ah!, they are not added to Civ4EraInfos Either - adding them now
no mmm there something wrong they have different names from Audio XML
Can you fix it yourself, i am not sure what to do, but 5 new tracks not appear in Civ4EraInfos.xml for sure.

EDIT: Found, fixed.
here is small fix.

Deliverator
Nov 28, 2009, 01:25 PM
@Deliverator
i found that your new tracks are not playing in game..
Ah!, they are not added to Civ4EraInfos Either - adding them now
EDIT: Found, fixed.
here is small fix.

Thanks Slvynn. I must have got my files mixed up somehow.

Tothlar
Nov 29, 2009, 04:31 AM
Ive downloaded the 1.6.4 version of music pack. Im pretty sure it wasnt disrupted or what, but my 7zip says it was impossible to open the zip file as an archive. Any suggestions for me? As for now, ill try to redownload it.

Deliverator
Nov 29, 2009, 04:39 AM
Hi Tothlar and welcome to Dune Wars.

There have been 134 downloads of the 1.6.4 music pack and no one else has commented that there is an issue. Perhaps you were just unlucky and the download was corrupted. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

scyt4l3
Dec 06, 2009, 05:16 PM
I for one, get the default soundtrack. Though the diplomacy sounds are ok, I still get gregorian chants in the middle age. I'll try to dig a little in the xml. At first I thought the soundtrack directory needed sub folders named with Classical, Industrial etc. But it didn't worked. I guess the name of the ages have changed and there is a xml file to edit properly.

I'll report any progress.

scyt4l3
Dec 06, 2009, 05:29 PM
Slvynn got it, many thanks!

orlanth
Dec 15, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'm loving this mod so far, great job! Here's a couple of Dune-ish city background loops you could use to replace the default Civ4 chickens-and-churchbells - you may still need to edit the audio xmls to prevent the default dog noises etc from triggering.

Deliverator
Dec 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
Very nice orlanth, I'll hook those into a future patch. Thanks!

darkedone02
Dec 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
are yall working on new music patch for 1.7?

davidlallen
Dec 16, 2009, 12:42 PM
The existing music patch works for all known recent releases. Perhaps post #1 just needs to be updated with a comment that it also works for 1.7. There is only one "game" file in the music patch, CIV4EraInfos.xml, and it rarely changes in the game distribution. So unless otherwise noted, you can assume it will work with all future releases.

Tzenchor
Jan 26, 2010, 12:35 PM
Deliverator, if you wish more music from dune, i've the songs from the original dune game, the one made by cryo, and with good quality, if you wish tell me and i'll upload them

Deliverator
Feb 23, 2010, 08:31 AM
I have (finally) updated the Music Pack to be compatible with Dune Wars 1.7.1 - see opening post.

There are no new tracks so people who have the 1.6.4 Music Pack installed over Dune Wars 1.7.1 can just overwrite their Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml with the attached file.

mariocerame
Mar 15, 2010, 02:33 PM
Heya. I'm just installing this all for the first time--it looks really interesting.

I have tried to download the zip file several times using both Firefox and Internet explorer; however, each time something causes the download to end prematurely before the file is completely saved. I have not had this problem any other time with downloads and I wondered if it was a problem just at my end, or if there was a general problem here that others may have encountered too.

Deliverator
Mar 17, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hi mario, welcome to Dune Wars.

Are you still getting this issue? Mediafire can be a bit unreliable at times, I've noticed. I've had a few issues with it myself recently.

Pickly
Apr 05, 2010, 06:11 PM
What sorts of stuff does the erainfos file include for this mod? (I'm wondering because I've noticed enemy factions getting some quite advanced offworld units, and because I notice that patches always replace the erainfos file when installed, and I have to switch back in the one from the music pack. I don't know if these two things are related, and the game runs pretty much fine, without the offworld units making too much a difference, but I am curious just to make sure.)

Ahriman
Apr 05, 2010, 06:20 PM
I'm wondering because I've noticed enemy factions getting some quite advanced offworld units

I think this has been because of some copy-paste tech changes that hasn't changed era. We should fix a lot of this in the next patch.

staticblast
Jun 06, 2010, 04:55 PM
I recognise most of the music but don't recognise the source of the Ix diplo music. What is it?

Epic mod, btw.

Deliverator
Jun 07, 2010, 04:54 AM
I recognise most of the music but don't recognise the source of the Ix diplo music. What is it?

I'm pretty sure it's one of the Ordos tracks from the Emperor:Battle for Dune soundtrack.

Deliverator
Dec 05, 2010, 10:16 AM
New music pack linked in the opening post. You must install Dune Wars 1.9 and patch 1.9.0.1 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9976041&postcount=28) first.

keldath
Dec 05, 2010, 11:12 AM
oh sweet d' thanks.

Ahriman
Dec 06, 2010, 02:09 PM
I love the new pack, and the cycling.

Very atmospheric.

zeroblackstar
Jan 22, 2011, 06:58 PM
Mega props on the music, adds a real dune atmosphere to the game, getting flashbacks from the movie while playing...really draws you in :D

lasombra1984
Jul 08, 2011, 08:46 AM
What is this awesome Ix theme?

Ahriman
Jul 08, 2011, 08:52 AM
What is this awesome Ix theme?

Look a few posts above you: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9260535&postcount=46

Crash757
Jan 31, 2012, 11:31 AM
Could you rehost the file on some other server ?

This seems to be going rather slow now... :rolleyes:

BossDaddy
Feb 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
I can't get the download to complete. It's going very slowly and the just stops. I've tried numerous times with no luck. This is an awesome mod, btw. I would love to play with some Dune music instead of vanilla civ4! :p

Brugarin
Mar 09, 2012, 08:33 AM
Same problem here. Music pack 1.9's download is just broken... I have to settle with 1.7 for a while. :(

davidlallen
Mar 09, 2012, 09:43 AM
I tried this and I have the same experience. 1.7 downloads fast in a minute or two on my network. 1.9 takes 3-4 tries to get it to even start. Then it sits at 0% complete for a few minutes. Then the file size jumps to 2K (tiny!) and the downloader says it is done.

I have sent a PM to deliverator, but his last post was October, so there might be no hope.

Does anybody have the 1.9 pack from before? If you could upload it somewhere temporary, I can copy it to a new mediafire location. Maybe it would work better.

Brugarin
Mar 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
After many trials I have managed to download it. Where can I send it to you?

davidlallen
Mar 10, 2012, 10:31 AM
Great! Both 1.7 and 1.9 are stored at mediafire.com. Since 1.7 downloads fine, there is no problem with the site. There seems to be some problem with that one file. Mediafire is free to use; so if you just go to mediafire.com and upload it, that "should" fix the problem. Post the link here afterwards.

Daft73
Mar 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
I'm also having some problems downloading 1.9. :( , great work on what I have heard, nice for the mood and setting! ;)

Deliverator
Jun 12, 2012, 04:12 PM
I've updated the 1.9 Music Pack link in the opening post to use Google Drive instead of Mediafire. Hopefully this will work better for people.

Ahriman
Jun 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
With the 1.9.7 patch, I'm now getting the vanilla music. Did the patch overwrite one of the files that points to the music directory? Do we need a modified version of the music pack?

Deliverator
Jun 18, 2012, 09:38 AM
I think the patch probably overwrites the era infos xml that controls the music. Re-installing the music pack should fix it.

keldath
Jun 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
hey deliverator,

how are u old friend :), been a while since i touched civ,

so happy to see ur still on the mod.

i tired to dl the sound pack, but i cant seem to dl it from the google thing u uploaded it onto...

can u help an old dune mod mate?

Arkan5
Jun 28, 2012, 04:05 PM
Very cool music pack, it adds tons of atmosphere. Now if only my favourite Dune song "Inama Nushif" from the Children of Dune soundtrack could find its way into it, it would be perfect.

tesb
Jun 11, 2013, 05:57 PM
can someone post a different mirror? i constantly get errors when downloading from the link in the op :(

Deliverator
Jun 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
can someone post a different mirror? i constantly get errors when downloading from the link in the op :(

Added this mirror (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20018985/mods/dune-wars-music-pack-1-9b.exe) to the music pack to the opening post.

tesb
Jun 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
thank you, it worked.