View Full Version : A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

gramcrkr103
May 17, 2010, 10:16 PM
#2 The next two reports are not really bugs but weird changes from old versions... Firstly, AIs are continually closing their borders, then requesting Open Borders.

I had thought this was the AI being bribed to cancel trades, since it does not seem to take them much to be bribed to go to war with Ruthless AI

szemek77
May 18, 2010, 03:03 AM
This is relevant to my game and interests.

When I say "Total War"-like AI, I really mean it, as a fanatic Total War game player. The major difference, though, is that the game never tells you when another faction bribes a neutral faction to go to war with you---though you know it's possible because you can actually do that with others.

But the AI in almost all the Total War games (except Empire, which is far more pliable with diplomacy) makes diplomacy pretty much completely useless. About the only thing that can be assured is that neutral factions will agree to trade relations with you.

Everything else is pretty much window dressing---you won't get an alliance out of anyone without some heavy-duty sacrifices on your end, and even then it won't mean jackshit 10 turns later when they decide you have 50 cities, they have 14, you have 7 full-stack armies, they have 2 and a half, and they decide to besiege your capital in London or Rome because declaring war doesn't auto-move hostile forces out of your lands, while your armies are off in Scythia or Morocco, 5 years away.

It's the same situation now in AND1.73 since I don't know when, maybe since 1.71 or so. Diplomacy is pretty much pointless. I know I can almost always get an Embassy and Open Borders established, but beyond that, they're just as likely to go to war with me and suddenly have 2 full-stacked armies on my borders after 1000 years of peace and mutual religious, military, and trade relations as they are to surrender themselves to me as a vassal state.

It's not worth it anymore. Flexible difficulty set me to Immortal difficulty a long-ass time ago and has never returned to lower it.

So I've just gone into World Builder to give myself huge armies just so I can survive without losing half my colonies because 12 of the world's 20 civilizations are at war with me because I took Mansa Munsa as a vassal while he was at war with Bulgaria, who then bribes BUTT:):):):) EVERYONE to go to war with me and the only people NOT at war with me are barely city-states themselves, or have peace treaties with me because I just finished ending a brief war with them a few turns ago.

Good remarks, I have similar feeling about the diplomacy in AND.

Two remarks, though.

1. I think that diplomacy is on of the most difficult area to code properly. It is more intuitive than formulaic, isn't it? No surprise then that AI does NOT behave in a way we expect. I hope anyway that some changes in patch G will lead the AI and diplomacy in right direction.

2. We may make a mistake in percepion of the role and meaning of diplomacy in mankind history due to the fact that we live in democratic, peaceful countries with solid alliances (EU, NATO). So our builder's approach to CIV and our trust in multilateral diplomacy are becoming a little bit not realistic.

We can agree that history shows us different picture. Constant war, constant fight, backstabbing, conquer and destroy, no respect for enemies culture, religion, unstable borders were common all over the world right from the beginning of our history, to the WW II. So, in fact the game pretty much reflects the reality....

Anyway, I wish the diplomacy in ROM/AND was of more depth and meaning.

os79
May 18, 2010, 09:39 AM
I had thought this was the AI being bribed to cancel trades, since it does not seem to take them much to be bribed to go to war with Ruthless AI

Not have Ruthless AI on :).

Afforess
May 18, 2010, 10:31 AM
Anyway, I wish the diplomacy in ROM/AND was of more depth and meaning.

With Ruthless AI, I've tried to do this. I'll give just one instance of the sophistication, because I don't want to bore you with details.

When the AI tries to get a map from a player, the value is increased by 15 fold if the AI is planning a war against you. But more sinister than that, if the AI is planning a war, but not against you (against someone else), and you are a friend of the victim, the AI will still try to solicit maps from you, because it figures you have better Intel then they do, being a friend. Likewise, if you try and buy a map from an AI going to war, and they are planning a war against you, or one of your friends, they will not sell their map to you, because who knows what you might do with it.

There is sophistication, but I doubt most players would ever notice it; because to them, a map trade is a map trade, not a clever backstab waiting to happen.

JosEPh_II
May 18, 2010, 05:32 PM
Don't know if this has been reported but with 1.73G, even with No Vassals checked at game setup, the Vassals occur any way.

I was wondering in my latest game why America went from 5 cities to 1 and then they had a star in front of their name. Mansa Musa then did the same thing. It all became clear when Ragnar sent me an offer to become my vassal and then Salazar did the same.

I never play with Vassals on so this was quite the surprise. Will this get fixed? Or has it already been addressed in the Next Patch?

JosEPh

giffy
May 18, 2010, 06:23 PM
Sure.

Awesome! Thanks!

Myrrdin35
May 18, 2010, 08:30 PM
Just a quick post to confirm the automated bug with explorers and ships. It seems they work fine in the Ancient era but by Medieval era they are either running in circles or just stay on one tile. (They head to a spot at the left side on the continent they are on where it meets ocean and just stay there, maybe that will help a little.) This happens for the AI also, noticed it in the game I was trying to play tonight. Went to build a few cities and their explorers stayed in the same two spots for many turns.

Also one other wierd thing happened I got the event that gave me 2 chariots, I sent them on their merry way to explore, forgot about them, brought up the map to find them to go to a new city and they weren't there. Also missing were 3 explorers and a few workers. Very strange.

This is new install of ROM and AND a few days ago and the patch. I noticed this with the F patch and tried the G one today and same thing is happening. No other mods installed and when playing I don't have the Rev or Barbarians checked.

On a better note a huge thank you to all you guys for making these mods, I stumbled upon them a few months ago and didn't get a chance to play them. Having played them the last few days, even with the few glitches I'm overwhelmed with everything. It truly is amazing what you've done :goodjob: Thanks again!

os79
May 18, 2010, 09:46 PM
Don't know if this has been reported but with 1.73G, even with No Vassals checked at game setup, the Vassals occur any way.

I was wondering in my latest game why America went from 5 cities to 1 and then they had a star in front of their name. Mansa Musa then did the same thing. It all became clear when Ragnar sent me an offer to become my vassal and then Salazar did the same.

I never play with Vassals on so this was quite the surprise. Will this get fixed? Or has it already been addressed in the Next Patch?

JosEPh

Figured why. BUg option tab, Diplomacy, have the option for Vassals. Since it is by default on, you still have Vassals. You need to uncheck it in order to turn off Vassals.

Afforess, for next patch or version, whatever, be sure to either make game options that are the same as the BUG option to be both non-functioning and invisible, if you want these options in BUG to be used. Just my recommendation.

os79
May 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
Patch G Report:

#1 I was mistaken about trading Peace. It seems it works but only if you are one who started the war. Apparently, the last time it was France who started the war and constantly rejected peace offers by other AIs :lol:. Anyway, I take advantage ruthlessly the peace trades in order to consolidate each new city :D.

#2 Not using Ruthless AI now so it may color this report. It seems that AI's military is real low in power ratio compared to me because I turned off Trade War. It is a mixed blessing. It help AIs to develop their civs, but I have to wonder if the only reason they went to war at all before was because of other AIs demanding them to go to war? I will try Ruthless AI the next game I play later on :). I will continue this game and test if the civs are better developed without too much warring.

#3 I am testing with removing unhappiness from shaft mines in this game. If it is too overpowered, then I will try unhappiness for all three types of mines next game.

os79
May 19, 2010, 05:05 PM
Patch G Report:

My trieme had attacked and destroyed four enemy galleys. Yet it hadn't received any promotion. Same problem as before when we can't earn experience from animal units? Or different bug?

Afforess
May 19, 2010, 05:08 PM
Patch G Report:

My trieme had attacked and destroyed four enemy galleys. Yet it hadn't received any promotion. Same problem as before when we can't earn experience from animal units? Or different bug?

Bad luck, maybe? It's random, so it's hard to say.

os79
May 19, 2010, 05:37 PM
Bad luck, maybe? It's random, so it's hard to say.

Sixth galley by the same trieme. Intentional? Which modcomp is that again please?

Afforess
May 19, 2010, 05:54 PM
Sixth galley by the same trieme. Intentional? Which modcomp is that again please?

Battlefield Promotions. Without attaching VS to the game, I can't tell if the promotions are working correctly.

JosEPh_II
May 19, 2010, 05:59 PM
Figured why. BUg option tab, Diplomacy, have the option for Vassals. Since it is by default on, you still have Vassals. You need to uncheck it in order to turn off Vassals.

Afforess, for next patch or version, whatever, be sure to either make game options that are the same as the BUG option to be both non-functioning and invisible, if you want these options in BUG to be used. Just my recommendation.

Thanks for the reply os79. :)

So this game is stuck with Vassals and next game with G Patch I will need to go to Bug Options Before I end the 1st turn to turn off vassals. :p

JosEPh

Afforess
May 19, 2010, 06:01 PM

So this game is stuck with Vassals and next game with G Patch I will need to go to Bug Options Before I end the 1st turn to turn off vassals. :p

JosEPh

What!? You can change those settings any time you want, not just the first turn.

os79
May 19, 2010, 06:10 PM

JosEPh

What Afforess said :). I turned off Vassals about 85 or so turns after the game started when I realized what was happening. Lucky me it was too early for vassalizing at that point :).

os79
May 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Battlefield Promotions. Without attaching VS to the game, I can't tell if the promotions are working correctly.

Oh.

I guess you will just have to have a trieme and a series of galleys to attack from WorldBuilder after trieme heal each time and see for yourself, if you care to test it out. No big deal, yet. It will be big deal later on when we get to more modern ships.

JosEPh_II
May 19, 2010, 06:14 PM
What!? You can change those settings any time you want, not just the first turn.

What??? How was I supposed to Know????

So, even though the game has 2 AI and Myself with a total of 7 vassal states in the year 591AD, I can turn it OFF and the game won't be broken?!!! My My My. :eek:

JosEPh :crazyeye:

JosEPh_II
May 19, 2010, 06:59 PM
So which of the 4 Places in Bug Mod Options do I need to Uncheck to turn off Vassals?

Or do ALL 4 Need to be unchecked?

Cumbersome.

JosEPh

os79
May 19, 2010, 08:32 PM
So which of the 4 Places in Bug Mod Options do I need to Uncheck to turn off Vassals?

Or do ALL 4 Need to be unchecked?

Cumbersome.

JosEPh

Under Diplomacy tab, uncheck "Trade Vassals". That's it.

Afforess
May 19, 2010, 08:42 PM
What??? How was I supposed to Know????

So, even though the game has 2 AI and Myself with a total of 7 vassal states in the year 591AD, I can turn it OFF and the game won't be broken?!!! My My My. :eek:

JosEPh :crazyeye:

Every single setting in the BUG settings pages can be turned on or off at will, at any stage or point of the game. The Diplomacy tab is what you are looking for. ;)

Dancing Hoskuld
May 19, 2010, 09:17 PM
So are you saying that ships can't get XP any more? I think the most any of my ships got was 0.5 XP with 0.25 fairly often but 0 XP most often. Didn't matter if they were attacking or defending. Tried all ships up to privateer.

btw I found my slave text problem - the bug was in the first "comment":crazyeye:

Afforess
May 19, 2010, 09:25 PM
So are you saying that ships can't get XP any more? I think the most any of my ships got was 0.5 XP with 0.25 fairly often but 0 XP most often. Didn't matter if they were attacking or defending. Tried all ships up to privateer.

What? Where did I say that? XP gain is not dependent on the type of unit, but the odds of success. The minimum XP gain is 0.25 (unless you get promoted, in which case you gain 0 XP) Did you guys even read the thread where I spelled this all out?

os79
May 19, 2010, 09:58 PM
What? Where did I say that? XP gain is not dependent on the type of unit, but the odds of success. The minimum XP gain is 0.25 (unless you get promoted, in which case you gain 0 XP) Did you guys even read the thread where I spelled this all out?

Don't look at me :). Finally, some other type attacked my trieme, quintinal (whatever it is spelled). Well, I finally got a chance to promote my trieme! Then, lucky me!, I got an event granting all my triemes Blitz promotion :D.

May 19, 2010, 10:09 PM
Found Bug w/ pillageing quarry and stoneworker's hut.

I have a city with several early buildings, elder council, firepit, wheelright, walls, etc. I also have a quarry and a stoneworker's hut. An Enemy unit pillaged my quarry, pre-req for stoneworker's hut not met any more, so losing that would not be surprised. However, instead I lost ALL my non-free buildings. (I had built stonehenge so had free monument) Elder council, walls, firepit, etc all got removed when the quarry was destroyed.

Afforess
May 19, 2010, 10:22 PM
Found Bug w/ pillageing quarry and stoneworker's hut.

I have a city with several early buildings, elder council, firepit, wheelright, walls, etc. I also have a quarry and a stoneworker's hut. An Enemy unit pillaged my quarry, pre-req for stoneworker's hut not met any more, so losing that would not be surprised. However, instead I lost ALL my non-free buildings. (I had built stonehenge so had free monument) Elder council, walls, firepit, etc all got removed when the quarry was destroyed.

Thanks; it was a case of not clearing the variables after a building got removed. An easy fix. I'll release a patch in a day or so. ;)

Khoukharev
May 20, 2010, 04:42 AM
Repeatable end of turn CTD, patch G, no other mods

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

JaeChunDaeSung
May 20, 2010, 08:47 AM
I've had a situation where..

1. I have access to Silk
2. I built a Weaver's Hut in my first two cities

here's the kicker

3. My third city, even with the Basketweaver's Hut completed, cannot, for some reason, build the Weaver's. There is no requirement for it being in the city's vicinity, and it certainly should not be limited in # of cities its built in, so I call bug.

Slammer64
May 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
@JaeChunDaeSung, just idle curiosity, but is your 3rd city connected with the cities that have the resources?

JaeChunDaeSung
May 20, 2010, 12:33 PM
Should've been. Probably just a fluke then.

Afforess
May 20, 2010, 02:22 PM
Repeatable end of turn CTD, patch G, no other mods

I can't load your save up; you must have altered game files or changed something that is not listed in your log.

I've had a situation where..

1. I have access to Silk
2. I built a Weaver's Hut in my first two cities

here's the kicker

3. My third city, even with the Basketweaver's Hut completed, cannot, for some reason, build the Weaver's. There is no requirement for it being in the city's vicinity, and it certainly should not be limited in # of cities its built in, so I call bug.

Without a save and logs, I can't prove, disprove, or fix your problem.

Khoukharev
May 20, 2010, 02:26 PM
I can't load your save up; you must have altered game files or changed something that is not listed in your log.
Oh, I'm sorry. Now that you said it I remembered I turned static LH on to save some memory... I'm not sure if that makes any difference though.
Nothing else was done for sure (can upload RoM folder if needed).

Afforess
May 20, 2010, 02:43 PM
Static LH would do it. I'll go try again.

Afforess
May 20, 2010, 02:50 PM
Nothing else was done for sure (can upload RoM folder if needed).

Looks like you'll have to. Static LH's made no difference.

Khoukharev
May 20, 2010, 02:54 PM
Looks like you'll have to. Static LH's made no difference.
any preferrable file hosting service or it doesn't matter?

Afforess
May 20, 2010, 03:13 PM
any preferrable file hosting service or it doesn't matter?

Anything that is convenient for you.

os79
May 20, 2010, 05:49 PM
More of a request for next version, whatever it is:
Add Hashishim to a proper place in MLF file so that I can play with his megacivpack in later games :D.

More reporting...
In middle of Medieval Era:
My place on the scoreboard is second, but my civ is over 1.2 in power ratio against the civ in the first place. It seems that turning off Trade War changed the AIs' behavior significantly.

I will try Ruthless AI next time I play a new game. I will see how the AI change, even with Trade War turned off.

Killtech
May 20, 2010, 08:28 PM
there is a typo in the mouse-over info with the PrereqOrImprovement tag. it says you need improvement 1 AND improvement 2 instead of OR. but the civipedia article is correct.

just implemented the wind farm along the suggestion of 1001001 and noticed it.

Afforess
May 20, 2010, 08:34 PM
More of a request for next version, whatever it is:
Add Hashishim to a proper place in MLF file so that I can play with his megacivpack in later games :D.

Will do. Good luck with your next game... You'll need it. :mischief:

there is a typo in the mouse-over info with the PrereqOrImprovement tag. it says you need improvement 1 AND improvement 2 instead of OR. but the civipedia article is correct.

just implemented the wind farm along the suggestion of 1001001 and noticed it.

Thanks. Easy to fix.

os79
May 20, 2010, 08:36 PM
Patch G Report:

I have AND plus Vincentz' two satellites and Silent Hunter, that's it (megapack later in next game). Anyway, it seems that Dancing Hoskuld isn't alone about the event of Blacksmith whatever granting me rewards after I only had 7, seven!, forges in 7 cities. It was supposed to be 11. Not a significant bug but funny anyway :).

Afforess
May 20, 2010, 08:41 PM
Patch G Report:

I have AND plus Vincentz' two satellites and Silent Hunter, that's it (megapack later in next game). Anyway, it seems that Dancing Hoskuld isn't alone about the event of Blacksmith whatever granting me rewards after I only had 7, seven!, forges in 7 cities. It was supposed to be 11. Not a significant bug but funny anyway :).

Yeah, there was a bug in the logic for counting upgraded buildings.

Killtech
May 21, 2010, 09:05 AM
i have a problem with the Building Upgrades page in Civipedia. it doesn't display anymore and shows me a blank page after i've changed something in my working version of my mod. i'm not sure that i am doing something wrong. i don't have any errors on start-up. and it seems to behave a bit random when i start to comment out some building info form a file.

maybe you can have a look on it or point me in the right direction what can cause this. i've attached my complete module. the problem occurred first after i made changes in the ComScience_CIV4BuildingInfo.xml file when i modified some tags in the laboratory building-info.

dudeSDCA
May 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
Two quick things:
1) The speed improvements in 2.91 are AMAZING. I really can't describe how impressed I am. BRAVO!

2) Anyone else having issues with No Vassals? I've checked it in 2 games now, and yet somehow vassals seem on. Anyone else having this issue?

Killtech
May 21, 2010, 10:18 AM
2) Anyone else having issues with No Vassals? I've checked it in 2 games now, and yet somehow vassals seem on. Anyone else having this issue?

little bug you can fix within the BUG options, diplomacy screen. deactivate vassal trade. the no vassal option is not transported correctly into BUG configuration.

os79
May 21, 2010, 10:29 AM
Two quick things:
1) The speed improvements in 2.91 are AMAZING. I really can't describe how impressed I am. BRAVO!

Check "No Vassal" in BUG option's Diplomacy tab (it is new one created by Afforess recently). One advantage is that it can be turned on/off anytime in the game.

strategyonly
May 21, 2010, 03:26 PM
Afforess@ Where in all your stuff, is it that you changed the Play Now games to delete Normal game speed?

Stelmack
May 21, 2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah so I looked around for a bit... couldn't find any other place to put it, so I guess this must be where. So I can run ROM 2.91 fine, but after installing AND, the game crashes while loading the mod at init. XML uncached, or something like that. I'm really interested in this mod, especially because I enjoy games that last longer, and ROM turn times for one of my latest games take a minimum of 10 minutes. I had bluemarble installed seperately, but incase that was causing any problems I uninstalled that too and ROM and AND, and then reinstalled ROM and AND but still had the issue.

EDIT: I use Windows 7 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram and a decent processor, if that helps at all.

dudeSDCA
May 21, 2010, 06:06 PM
Check "No Vassal" in BUG option's Diplomacy tab (it is new one created by Afforess recently). One advantage is that it can be turned on/off anytime in the game.

Nice, thanks!

The Rusty Gamer
May 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
* Removed because I found the solution *

JosEPh_II
May 21, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah so I looked around for a bit... couldn't find any other place to put it, so I guess this must be where. So I can run ROM 2.91 fine, but after installing AND, the game crashes while loading the mod at init. XML uncached, or something like that. I'm really interested in this mod, especially because I enjoy games that last longer, and ROM turn times for one of my latest games take a minimum of 10 minutes. I had bluemarble installed seperately, but incase that was causing any problems I uninstalled that too and ROM and AND, and then reinstalled ROM and AND but still had the issue.

EDIT: I use Windows 7 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram and a decent processor, if that helps at all.

Do you have another version of RoM (an older version) in your BtS Mods folder? That's generally the problem with your kind of report.

JosEPh

Stelmack
May 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
I did not have an older version, so I deleted, redownloaded, and reinstalled RoM again. It worked fine. Once I installed AND, it started to fail startup again.

JanusTalaiini
May 21, 2010, 10:46 PM
Can not confirm, explorers work fine automated for me. Anyone have a save they would like to share?

Not my explorer in this savegame, but Montezuma's explorer in my territory here (I only have one city) continuously goes in a circle, never moving away. This is most recent version of AND, no additional mods.

Afforess
May 21, 2010, 11:07 PM
I did not have an older version, so I deleted, redownloaded, and reinstalled RoM again. It worked fine. Once I installed AND, it started to fail startup again.

Have you read the FAQ? Some problems can be solved there.

Not my explorer in this savegame, but Montezuma's explorer in my territory here (I only have one city) continuously goes in a circle, never moving away. This is most recent version of AND, no additional mods.

Okay, thank you.

ComradeKristov
May 22, 2010, 12:09 AM
I have a simple problem where when I use the x many units per tile it works for all units so if I have 3 archers in a city and I try to move a galley through it wont let me. I'm using the newest patched ROM & AND + killtech building mod and my own unit upgrade mod. Is this a bug or intentional?

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} {Larger Cities} {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

smurfy1999
May 22, 2010, 07:25 AM
Before I jump into the CTD problem I am having, let me say that this mod (both RoM and A New Dawn) is very enjoyable and elevates Civ IV to a whole new level. You guys really make this game epic. I feel bad that my first post here is to report a bug.

So here is the situation. I am playing RoM: A New Dawn in a two person team multiplayer game. We had a couple OOS errors that cleared up with a restart - no problem there. But now we have a problem that we can't get through.

We are around 1097AD and there is a CTD as soon as the turn begins. We have tried to restart with no success. Then we tried to load it from a few turns before to see if it happened again and it crashes in the same place. I can't tell if any event is triggering it and am not sure what logging options I can use to make it easier to find for you guys.

I've attached the saved game as requested. I've also done a search to see if this popped up anywhere, but didn't come across anything that was obvious. Below is a copy of the "A New Dawn.log" file:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

Thanks in advance for any help. And again, great work guys!

Stelmack
May 22, 2010, 08:55 AM
Right. So I read into the faq and no luck. Although it did occur to me that I might be using the wrong version of RoM (I'm using 2.91, which I think is correct?) I don't see any errors I made. I did not run as administrator though.. I don't think it could be, but is it possible this is the source of error? Also should I re-install the mods and run the installer as an administrator as well? another also.. could it be any of the modules I selected while installing AND? Sorry for so many questions, but thanks for trying to help :D

Stelmack
May 22, 2010, 09:11 AM
Right. So to be disbelief running the game in administrator mode as a last ditch effor did work. :D So although I don't quite understand why that could make it work, if thats not bolded in installation instructions I would. Sorry for the trouble, and great mod!

Grathocke
May 22, 2010, 02:15 PM
I am having a problem where I only get GG points when I am attacked, not when I attack. I have AND 1.73 patch G, which I have modified a little and also ROME 3.1.0a. I was getting GG points fine for awhile, and then I noticed that I wasn't anymore. Has anyone else had this issue or know what could be causing it?

Afforess
May 22, 2010, 03:10 PM
I have a simple problem where when I use the x many units per tile it works for all units so if I have 3 archers in a city and I try to move a galley through it wont let me. I'm using the newest patched ROM & AND + killtech building mod and my own unit upgrade mod. Is this a bug or intentional?

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} {Larger Cities} {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

Save please?

Before I jump into the CTD problem I am having, let me say that this mod (both RoM and A New Dawn) is very enjoyable and elevates Civ IV to a whole new level. You guys really make this game epic. I feel bad that my first post here is to report a bug.

So here is the situation. I am playing RoM: A New Dawn in a two person team multiplayer game. We had a couple OOS errors that cleared up with a restart - no problem there. But now we have a problem that we can't get through.

We are around 1097AD and there is a CTD as soon as the turn begins. We have tried to restart with no success. Then we tried to load it from a few turns before to see if it happened again and it crashes in the same place. I can't tell if any event is triggering it and am not sure what logging options I can use to make it easier to find for you guys.

I've attached the saved game as requested. I've also done a search to see if this popped up anywhere, but didn't come across anything that was obvious. Below is a copy of the "A New Dawn.log" file:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

Thanks in advance for any help. And again, great work guys!

I'll see what I can do. ;)

Right. So to be disbelief running the game in administrator mode as a last ditch effor did work. :D So although I don't quite understand why that could make it work, if thats not bolded in installation instructions I would. Sorry for the trouble, and great mod!

Yeah, UAC and Administration is a huge pain. That' why I made an FAQ. ;)

I am having a problem where I only get GG points when I am attacked, not when I attack. I have AND 1.73 patch G, which I have modified a little and also ROME 3.1.0a. I was getting GG points fine for awhile, and then I noticed that I wasn't anymore. Has anyone else had this issue or know what could be causing it?

Documentation? Saves?

Khoukharev
May 22, 2010, 04:22 PM
Anything that is convenient for you.
http://narod.ru/disk/21034457000/Rise%20of%20Mankind.part1.rar.html
http://narod.ru/disk/21033573000/Rise%20of%20Mankind.part2.rar.html
http://narod.ru/disk/21034431000/Rise%20of%20Mankind.part3.rar.html

or

http://depositfiles.com/files/o3usjrd0o
http://depositfiles.com/files/80efbyo22
http://depositfiles.com/files/nke6exfv5

Afforess
May 22, 2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks, downloading now.

StormLord-711-
May 22, 2010, 09:57 PM
Minor UI problem:

Exiting from the city screen using middle click no longer seems to work. My gut here says that this is due to the 3-tile radius modification- I think I used another mod with it that had the same problem occasionally (might have been FFH; not sure). This is a little annoying for me but not really a big deal.

My log file is attached. I changed the extension to .txt because it didn't seem to want to upload a .log.

AndarielHalo
May 22, 2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know if you fix this in 1.74 but this warrants mentioning...

the war weariness of the citizens reaches a ridiculous level. I'm engaged in a war against the world's super power and his five vassals, all alone. He then bribes four other nations to declare war on me. THIS IS NOT A WAR OF GREED OR CONQUEST, THIS IS A WAR OF SURVIVAL, AND HALF OF MY CITIES ARE SO ANGRY, THEY HAVE CEASED TO FUNCTION.

I have President Civic, Federal, Volunteer Army, Individualism, etcetera.

Half my cities have starvation and build times 100x normal speed.

This has completely destroyed my war effort. Just to survive, I had to go into World Builder and build myself a cheaty army. I am now WINNING the war by a HUGE margin.

AND THEY ARE STILL SO ANGRY, THEY CEASE TO FUNCTION!

This isn't even a thing where I've been at war with them for 100 years---I am at peace with them for 20 turns or so, they declare war on me, and INSTANTLY my cities are at this critical mass of stupid.

Afforess
May 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
Minor UI problem:

Exiting from the city screen using middle click no longer seems to work. My gut here says that this is due to the 3-tile radius modification- I think I used another mod with it that had the same problem occasionally (might have been FFH; not sure). This is a little annoying for me but not really a big deal.

My log file is attached. I changed the extension to .txt because it didn't seem to want to upload a .log.
I'll see what I can do.

the war weariness of the citizens reaches a ridiculous level. I'm engaged in a war against the world's super power and his five vassals, all alone. He then bribes four other nations to declare war on me. THIS IS NOT A WAR OF GREED OR CONQUEST, THIS IS A WAR OF SURVIVAL, AND HALF OF MY CITIES ARE SO ANGRY, THEY HAVE CEASED TO FUNCTION.

This has completely destroyed my war effort. Just to survive, I had to go into World Builder and build myself a cheaty army. I am now WINNING the war by a HUGE margin.

War Weariness should scale back if you are in a losing war... I'll see what I can do.

digitCruncher
May 22, 2010, 10:47 PM
Actually, I never have an major WW problems... it is insanely easy to get -100% WW bonuses. Specifically, my current civ has Facist (-40%), Some random civic (+25%), Intolerant (-50%) and Mt. Rushmore (-25%). This is -90% base. Which means any of the following will remove WW:

World News Network
That newpaper-making building thing (which gives -10%. WNN gives a free one in every city)
Police Station
Jail

Even without Intolerant, Police Station + Jail + Facist gives -90% right off the bat!

AndarielHalo
May 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
Actually, I never have an major WW problems... it is insanely easy to get -100% WW bonuses. Specifically, my current civ has Facist (-40%), Some random civic (+25%), Intolerant (-50%) and Mt. Rushmore (-25%). This is -90% base. Which means any of the following will remove WW:

World News Network
That newpaper-making building thing (which gives -10%. WNN gives a free one in every city)
Police Station
Jail

Even without Intolerant, Police Station + Jail + Facist gives -90% right off the bat!

It's 1774. There is no Fascist civ or Mt Rushmore. Jails only started coming available now, and it's gonna take at least 100 years at this rate just to get jails in all my angry cities. I've been spending all my gold rushing monuments to President, Artists Guilds, anything that negatizes anger and raises happiness. War Weariness is deep in the double digits, none of this even begins to touch it.

os79
May 23, 2010, 12:41 AM
It's 1774. There is no Fascist civ or Mt Rushmore. Jails only started coming available now, and it's gonna take at least 100 years at this rate just to get jails in all my angry cities. I've been spending all my gold rushing monuments to President, Artists Guilds, anything that negatizes anger and raises happiness. War Weariness is deep in the double digits, none of this even begins to touch it.

My maximum is at Noble (Flexible Diff on). I have very little problem with WW. Basically, I make sure to build food and production buildings first before I even start on others. That bound to give me good sized cities, enough to allow me some functioning citizens. And I had been conquering all the time. I went from 3 to 16 cities by conquest!

Of course, I lucked out because I failed to get Confuciusian religion but got to Hellenism. So I have religion as happiness supply.

In addition, it is a late Renaissance era for me now and my civics are:
Monarchy (good for city growth of capital. it is now at 28 size :eek:)
Vassalage (resisting Bureaucracy until I get Federal and Free Market later)
Feudal (holding off on Proletariat until I get tech Industrialism for use of Industry improvement)
Slavery (powerful if you play game right)
Free Church
Church (waiting until Scientific Method before switching over to Private, then later to Subsidized.)
No Future civic yet, of ocurse.

So you see how I play my empires carefully.
Plus I have Trade War turned off because like you I dislike idiotic demanding of AIs on other AIs to go to wars, and AI's bad calculations whethre or not to go to war.

So basically what I'm saying is: play smarter next time. Aforess is trying his best but the rest is up to players to adapt their strategies as necessary to win. See, I'm still limited to Noble level. I'm no super-player but I plan on increasing the max to Prince after I win the next game that will have Ruthless AI on, same settings. I learn and adapt. I suggest you do the same before you go all-out on Afforess :).

StormLord-711-
May 23, 2010, 01:35 AM
Also:

I've never had this show up before AND, but then again I've barely run RoM 1.90 vanilla either.

I noticed that my Revolution.ini file had what appear to be error lines in it about a fourth of the way down or so. For example: "# XML key TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_REVOLUTION__HUMANINDEXOFFSET_HOVER not found." When I had started my game, I got a bunch of debug messages saying something about not being able to write to a file(s), and they would appear every turn. I fixed that by setting Civ to always run in admin mode, and I think that these messages got left over or something.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it has me a little concerned since I play around with my Revolutions settings quite a bit and make my settings in this file much more severe than the default. :crazyeye: It'd be nice to be sure that the file with the messages actually is being used.

Here's revolution.ini (changed to .txt once again)
Thanks!

Edit: I think I'll start up a new game...maybe the messages will get edited away since revolution.ini is missing by default now until a game is played with Revolutions on.
Edit: No change...not surprised. I also tried moving the file away from its normal folder to see if a new game would make a new revolution.ini, but it didn't. I guess I just don't know that much about how the mod sets this file up! :crazyeye:

Toddy
May 23, 2010, 06:20 AM
Slight problem with the Adam Smith's Wonder, don't think it's meant to give that much science, using 1.73 and patch G. I don't think it gives that much after building it.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

Grathocke
May 23, 2010, 06:29 AM
I am having a problem where I only get GG points when I am attacked, not when I attack. I have AND 1.73 patch G, which I have modified a little and also ROME 3.1.0a. I was getting GG points fine for awhile, and then I noticed that I wasn't anymore.

Documentation? Saves?

OK, I went back and started a new game. I found out I'm not getting any GG points when I attack, even from the beginning. I just hadn't noticed it before. Here are the files I think you need. And here's my AND log:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Mint Green UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

As noted I do have ROME 3.1.0a installed, but AND was installed after it. I also have some of Hydro's mods: Farming, Garbage, Military, Misc, NIMBY, Palace, Tower, and Water. And I have StrategyOnly's Animal Bonus and Police.

Do you think there is some kind of conflict that is causing it, or what? Anyway, if you can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

scribbler
May 23, 2010, 10:24 AM
I am having a problem where I only get GG points when I am attacked, not when I attack. I have AND 1.73 patch G, which I have modified a little and also ROME 3.1.0a. I was getting GG points fine for awhile, and then I noticed that I wasn't anymore.

OK, I went back and started a new game. I found out I'm not getting any GG points when I attack, even from the beginning. I just hadn't noticed it before. Here are the files I think you need. And here's my AND log:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Mint Green UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

As noted I do have ROME 3.1.0a installed, but AND was installed after it. I also have some of Hydro's mods: Farming, Garbage, Military, Misc, NIMBY, Palace, Tower, and Water. And I have StrategyOnly's Animal Bonus and Police.

Do you think there is some kind of conflict that is causing it, or what? Anyway, if you can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

You just earned 0.25 * multiplier GG points. Congratulations. Maybe next time you can find something a little more ferocious than a deer :rolleyes: I hear rabbits are particularly nasty critters. Might not want to take those on until you're producing Crusaders, though. :lol:

Grathocke
May 23, 2010, 11:07 AM
You just earned 0.25 * multiplier GG points. Congratulations. Maybe next time you can find something a little more ferocious than a deer :rolleyes: I hear rabbits are particularly nasty critters. Might not want to take those on until you're producing Crusaders, though. :lol:

:D You're joking, right? I just put the deer there for a reference. Yes, the experience went up .25, but GG points haven't gone up at all. If you'd like, I can set it up with something a bit more to your taste. It's really annoying and I'm not sure what is causing it.

Afforess
May 23, 2010, 11:52 AM

Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

:D You're joking, right? I just put the deer there for a reference. Yes, the experience went up .25, but GG points haven't gone up at all. If you'd like, I can set it up with something a bit more to your taste. It's really annoying and I'm not sure what is causing it.

First off, if that was a barbarian, you wouldn't earn GG points unless you were playing with "Barbarian Generals". Secondly, you need to earn at least 1XP in battle to earn GG points.

Slight problem with the Adam Smith's Wonder, don't think it's meant to give that much science, using 1.73 and patch G. I don't think it gives that much after building it.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

Okay.

Also:

I've never had this show up before AND, but then again I've barely run RoM 1.90 vanilla either.

I noticed that my Revolution.ini file had what appear to be error lines in it about a fourth of the way down or so. For example: "# XML key TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_REVOLUTION__HUMANINDEXOFFSET_HOVER not found." When I had started my game, I got a bunch of debug messages saying something about not being able to write to a file(s), and they would appear every turn. I fixed that by setting Civ to always run in admin mode, and I think that these messages got left over or something.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it has me a little concerned since I play around with my Revolutions settings quite a bit and make my settings in this file much more severe than the default. :crazyeye: It'd be nice to be sure that the file with the messages actually is being used.

Here's revolution.ini (changed to .txt once again)
Thanks!

Edit: I think I'll start up a new game...maybe the messages will get edited away since revolution.ini is missing by default now until a game is played with Revolutions on.
Edit: No change...not surprised. I also tried moving the file away from its normal folder to see if a new game would make a new revolution.ini, but it didn't. I guess I just don't know that much about how the mod sets this file up! :crazyeye:

If the game isn't auto-generating a new one, I suspect it is no longer used by the game anymore, and left over from older versions.

AndarielHalo
May 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
I don't want to argue about how the game is progressing, but the point is that the war weariness is at extreme levels, without any in-between in terms of "small, steady, heavy" when war breaks out. War breaks out, suddenly half my cities are raging.

Difficulty level hit Immortal hundreds of years ago and has never gone down. It probably never will now because i've had to cheat just to survive.

Also two things I need to bring up:

The dynamic civ names mod. It only works with Revolutions mod enabled. This is a problem for me because I cannot live without dynamic civ names :) and with Revolutions mod, every AI civ has over 9000 revolutions and a Large map capable of holding 10 civilizations is now holding 30, and the game is moving sluggishly with 2-4 minutes between turns.

strategyonly
May 23, 2010, 12:28 PM
I don't want to argue about how the game is progressing, but the point is that the war weariness is at extreme levels, without any in-between in terms of "small, steady, heavy" when war breaks out. War breaks out, suddenly half my cities are raging.

Difficulty level hit Immortal hundreds of years ago and has never gone down. It probably never will now because i've had to cheat just to survive.

Also two things I need to bring up:

The dynamic civ names mod. It only works with Revolutions mod enabled. This is a problem for me because I cannot live without dynamic civ names :) and with Revolutions mod, every AI civ has over 9000 revolutions and a Large map capable of holding 10 civilizations is now holding 30, and the game is moving sluggishly with 2-4 minutes between turns.

Now i agree with that.:rolleyes: Somewhat:eek:

Also since 1.72 or so, it has been almost impossible to get free techs from your "Green" pleased civs, i haven't gotten any at all infact. Its always something for something, never just free like before.

os79
May 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
Also since 1.72 or so, it has been almost impossible to get free techs from your "Green" pleased civs, i haven't gotten any at all infact. Its always something for something, never just free like before.

Different story here. If I research right and is strong enough, I can get almost any techs. You may either be too weak (and thus had lousy starting placement or are strategying it wrong) or the AI is planning something else and refuse to just give that tech for cheap.

So, in other words, describe your situation as a whole before bewailing AI's unfairness. Describe your score place, describe your military strength, describe how many techs you have so far, describe your settings, describe details! :) No offense but without these information, your reports are suspect at best.

AndarielHalo
May 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
Related to that, it seems illogical that I can't force Vassals to give me technologies.

Afforess
May 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
Related to that, it seems illogical that I can't force Vassals to give me technologies.

Furthermore, it seems illogical that you would have a vassal that is more technologically advanced than the mother country. ;)

AndarielHalo
May 23, 2010, 01:34 PM
Furthermore, it seems illogical that you would have a vassal that is more technologically advanced than the mother country. ;)

I fail to see the illogic there, less so when said country emerged from rebellion from another country that was more technologically advanced than me, and just randomly asked to become my vassal

Grathocke
May 23, 2010, 01:58 PM
First off, if that was a barbarian, you wouldn't earn GG points unless you were playing with "Barbarian Generals". Secondly, you need to earn at least 1XP in battle to earn GG points.

Well, I always play with Barbarian Generals... so, I tried it with a better unit. It does work, although I got less than a whole xp point. I guess what confused me is I'm sure I used to get GG points all the time. But I know I have attacked a lot of marauders and haven't gotten the points. Oh well, so it goes.

os79
May 23, 2010, 02:02 PM
Switched out of Slavery. But I wasn't able to demolish Slave Market. Intended?

Going to switch back to Slavery when I can do that, then demolish them, plus National Slave Auction, then switch back to Free Market. Painful but needful in order to have two unhappinesses removed from cities because of Federal civic.

EDIT: Forget the above. Discovered that Slave Market does obsolete at Labor Union. I will change obsoleteness of NSA to that tech. So I will just live with two unhappinesses until I get to Labor Union.

os79
May 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Well, I always play with Barbarian Generals... so, I tried it with a better unit. It does work, although I got less than a whole xp point. I guess what confused me is I'm sure I used to get GG points all the time. But I know I have attacked a lot of marauders and haven't gotten the points. Oh well, so it goes.

You got a GG point, it went from 54 to 53 in GG box :). So yeah it is a slow going because it balance out your powerful xp farming strategy. In vanilla BtS, you don't see so many units with powerful xp farming ability so it didn't matter. But in RoM, it became overpowered so Afforess adapted how you earn experience to reduce overpoweredness.

Afforess
May 23, 2010, 02:23 PM
Switched out of Slavery. But I wasn't able to demolish Slave Market. Intended?

Going to switch back to Slavery when I can do that, then demolish them, plus National Slave Auction, then switch back to Free Market. Painful but needful in order to have two unhappinesses removed from cities because of Federal civic.

That' because the Slave Market get's disabled when you leave Slavery. Which means it wasn't giving any unhappiness. Then, when you switched back, it re-enabled. Which means you switched back and destroyed it for no reason. ;)

JosEPh_II
May 23, 2010, 02:23 PM
Has this been mentioned before? 1.73G in the city screen the Spy and Noble specialists overlay each other. Plus the way all specialists stack now it some times takes several attempts/clicks to move the end one around to another specialy or back to a regular citizen working a tile.

I vote for bringing the old specialist screen back please.

And as stated by several posters at 1300AD the end of turn wait is approaching 2+ minutes. Never had this long a wait with AND before on my x64 system, Dual Core processor@2.8GHz, and my 8GB of 1066MhzDDR2 ram.

I did activate one of the Barb options for this game. So my original set of 7 AI quickly mushroomed to 18. And I don't have REV on. This is the same game that I had to disable Vassals thru the Bug Options screen after you told me about it. Could this have caused some of the slowdown? Or is it because there are 18AI on a Giant Pangaea World?

JosEPh

I'm also starting to notice choppiness when ordering my naval units about. Havn't had that problem since RoM2.2. and my old PIV system I had then.

Dancing Hoskuld
May 23, 2010, 03:11 PM
Has this been mentioned before? 1.73G in the city screen the Spy and Noble specialists overlay each other. Plus the way all specialists stack now it some times takes several attempts/clicks to move the end one around to another specialy or back to a regular citizen working a tile.

I vote for bringing the old specialist screen back please.

And as stated by several posters at 1300AD the end of turn wait is approaching 2+ minutes. Never had this long a wait with AND before on my x64 system, Dual Core processor@2.8GHz, and my 8GB of 1066MhzDDR2 ram.

I did activate one of the Barb options for this game. So my original set of 7 AI quickly mushroomed to 18. And I don't have REV on. This is the same game that I had to disable Vassals thru the Bug Options screen after you told me about it. Could this have caused some of the slowdown? Or is it because there are 18AI on a Giant Pangaea World?

JosEPh

I'm also starting to notice choppiness when ordering my naval units about. Havn't had that problem since RoM2.2. and my old PIV system I had then.

You can change the appearance of the specialists in the city screen in the BUG options-city screen tab. You need to scroll down and change stacker to chevron.

StormLord-711-
May 23, 2010, 03:53 PM
I reinstalled RoM and AND (:D) with admin privileges from the start, but the same thing occurred in the Revolution.ini file.

I then tried removing all files (instead of just Revolution.ini) from the UserSettings folder and starting a new game, but new versions of those files weren't made once again.

If the game isn't auto-generating a new one, I suspect it is no longer used by the game anymore, and left over from older versions.

If it's no longer being used by the game, how can I configure Revolutions settings? :confused: Or am I misinterpreting you?

Thanks again- great modmod.

JosEPh_II
May 23, 2010, 05:05 PM
You can change the appearance of the specialists in the city screen in the BUG options-city screen tab. You need to scroll down and change stacker to chevron.

Thanks DH!

JosEPh

Edit: After I went into Bug options and changed specialists from Stack to Chevron I entered a city screen to check if they had changed. They of course did, but when I clicked on the spy the game locked up. No Matter what I tried it was a non responder. I had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of the city screen. So I guess I've lost several turns in the process too. Either BUG has a Bug or the Specialist screen and Spy chevron has one or both.

fieldman
May 23, 2010, 05:55 PM

This isn't even a thing where I've been at war with them for 100 years---I am at peace with them for 20 turns or so, they declare war on me, and INSTANTLY my cities are at this critical mass of stupid.

Not sure how to say this nicely, but the AI has beat you fair and square. I am playing a game where the "superpower" constantly bribes even friendly empires (to mine) to turn against me. He is even called "evil". I like this!
My suggestion. Next time, prepare against WW.

scribbler
May 23, 2010, 06:08 PM

Ok, so either you just lost GG XP or you generated a GG in between. Not sure which.

Since your axeman only got 0.5 XP, I'd have to say it was the first. So you lost XP, and this may be something that Afforess would need to check and try to replicate. It could be a problem with the base GG generation code, or a wonder/civic is giving a negative multiplier on GG (which would make sense, since you're the only one mentioning this).

So, next question is, do you have any Wonders and/or active Civics that affect GG emergence rates? And if so, what are they?

ComradeKristov
May 23, 2010, 06:08 PM
A screen shot of my problem and my save.

os79
May 23, 2010, 07:22 PM
Ok, so either you just lost GG XP or you generated a GG in between. Not sure which.

Tip: Every time a number decrease in GG box, it means you gain a GG point. Consider it as a countdown until you get a new GG.

AndarielHalo
May 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
Not sure how to say this nicely, but the AI has beat you fair and square. I am playing a game where the "superpower" constantly bribes even friendly empires (to mine) to turn against me. He is even called "evil". I like this!
My suggestion. Next time, prepare against WW.

Not sure how to say this nicely, but in what way does ME destroying THREE of their cities and them never even making ground with an army of theirs on MY soil constitute ME being beaten fair and square?

lucky17
May 23, 2010, 08:57 PM
Not a huge deal, but I'm playing a game, with flexible difficulty turned off, yet the difficulty goes up every 37 turns! Any ideas of how to fix it? I'm playing 1.73 patchD

Afforess
May 23, 2010, 09:02 PM
Update to Patch H. Patches are save-compatible, and it should fix your issues.

digitCruncher
May 23, 2010, 09:03 PM
Um...

Are you complaining about WW or not? I just realised: Fighting on soil which is 100% yours contributes to 0 WW on your behalf. You can fight against the entire world, lose all your army, and kill all of thier armies, but if it is on home soil, the people will realize it is for there very survival, and thus not complain. So to defend against WW before Jails etc., simply fight on your own turf. (If it is owned by 90% you, and 10% someone else, then you get around 10% of the WW)

However, if you fight on enemy ground, WW stacks up reasonably quickly. Losing your unit on foriegn soil in an attack gives +3 WW. Killing a unit on foriegn soil in an attack (IE. you win an attack) gives you +1 WW (IE. Killing units INCREASES War Weariness). Defending gives you +2 WW regardless of winning or losing. I think razing or capturing a city gives something like +10WW, and nukes give +5 WW if you launch the nuke, and +20 if you defend. The non-combat WW values are approximate. But in general, if you bring the fight to them, you WILL be hit with WW.

And WW keeps on. Although it slowly disappears over times of peace, it never disappears completely. It isn't realistic to commit horrible atrocities against human decency and human rights, settle peace for 5 years, and start it up again and expect your people to be all good with the same war...

There are techniques to manage WW. Civ IV is a managerial game, and if you are not willing to manage your empire, balancing it's needs and wants effectively, then play another game! But that is the beauty of Civ IV: You have to balance when to fight and when to defend, what civics to choose, how and where to build your cities... AND takes all these things and adds more! That is why I like it so much :D Is sacrificing national stability worth the reduction in WW? Do I attack and end the war, or defend and win a war of attrition due to their WW? Should I build a stronger military now, or focus on building up infrastructure? What type of economy do I want to follow? The only place where you don't manage your empire is on the battlefield (which is why I am looking forward to Civ V's One-unit-per-tile thing. Pity that Civ IV won't likely be balanced for it :( )

fieldman
May 23, 2010, 11:52 PM
Not sure how to say this nicely, but in what way does ME destroying THREE of their cities and them never even making ground with an army of theirs on MY soil constitute ME being beaten fair and square?

Simple answer. The world's super power, and his five vassals, plus four other nations against you. Would your people be terrified? Absolutely! Unless your empire is prepared against your lack of domestic support. Personally, I would consider the AI has thrashed me, unless I can somehow recover. Which is the beauty of the challenge. :D

StormLord-711-
May 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
Hmm....

1.73H breaks the GUI for me (i.e. it disappears as if I pressed <ALT>-I, but <ALT>-I and <CTRL>-I don't help), and it's not dependent on the save. 1.73G doesn't have this problem for me. Anyone else had this problem?

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows 7

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 01:03 AM
Turn on error logging and upload your log files for me.

Here's How:

Please post bug reports and feedback from v2.9 to this thread.

About bug reporting:

1. If you find bug in the mod try to describe it in detail when you post about it. This helps me to locate it more accurately and faster.
2. About missing UI problem: Please post what Windows type and language version you are using. Also tell which one you are using, Beyond the Sword or complete Edition.
3. CTDs ie. Crashs To Desktop, try to provide as much information as possible what happened just before it occurred. Even better if you can upload save game file so I can take a look at it. If you are experiencing CTDs in late game, try reducing graphic settings, BtS is known to have crashes when saved games get big and when there's lots of stuff in late game - most common reason for CTD is that Civ 4 can't find enough free memory.
4. Some Civ4 Map scripts can not make maps for Giant or Gigantic map sizes.

BtS log files

To speed up finding possible causes for bugs, you can enable logging in BtS and attach zipped log files in this thread when you post about your findings.

To enable logging go to BtS folder and open Civ4Config. Check following options to these settings:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Now when you start game, it logs everything to log files. When you exit the game, go to BtS folder, there should be Civ4logs, go there. Zip the log files in that folder and attach the zip file in your post so I can take a look at those files.

StormLord-711-
May 24, 2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks. Here they are.

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks, I found the bug. I'll reupload it in a minute.

Khoukharev
May 24, 2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks, downloading now.were you able to load my save with this?

StormLord-711-
May 24, 2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks, I found the bug. I'll reupload it in a minute.

Great- it works fine now.

Khoukharev
May 24, 2010, 07:16 AM
same there. my save was cured! =)
thank you Afforess =)

os79
May 24, 2010, 08:26 AM
Same problems (no interface) as the above and this is Patch H #2, not the #1. PythonErrors.log attached but changed to txt format for upload purpose.

the_hdk
May 24, 2010, 08:32 AM
Hi, I applied the last patch but the flexible difficulty didn't got turned off....

it still increased :(

os79
May 24, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hi, I applied the last patch but the flexible difficulty didn't got turned off....

it still increased :(

You are supposed to turn off Flexible Diff in BUG option screen, under RoMSettings tab.

StormLord-711-
May 24, 2010, 11:29 AM
Um...something else happened. :mischief: Sorry.

Apparently my second city in this new game has no unhappiness. I played a few turns later and it didn't change. I'm going to revert to patch G and see if it works there.

If you need logs, let me know. :p

Edit: patch G has the same problem
Edit x2: And the new patch H. I built a third city and it doesn't have this problem. I'll go back to a previous save and settle the problem city under different conditions and see what happens.
Edit:x3: I tried settling the city several turns later...same problem. But guess what? Move it one tile away- to a spot I don't like- and voila!- problem solved. Adding a city to the original tile using WB doesn't solve the problem though. Grr- I want the city on THAT tile!
I wonder if this is just a UI problem and the actual unhappiness is still there, just invisible. But then again the domestic adviser says the :) surplus is the same as the total number of :) in the city. I'll just keep on playing I guess. :crazyeye:

Final Edit: Glad I kept playing- the problem goes away on turn 158 (the city was founded and the problem started on turn 140). This is only a minor issue if it normally goes away like this.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the me selecting "health is the bedrock to world domination" (or something like that) from that herbal medicine random event toward the beginning of the game. The unhappiness from choosing that option is almost gone now (and incidentally, I've never gotten positive benefits from it in RoM- is it disabled? Imo it's overpowered anyway if you get a permanent +2 :health: in all cities for the rest of the game from a random event.)

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 11:33 AM
To All:

Patch H has been re-uploaded again. The 2nd re-uploading never actually worked, so it was the 1st bad version the entire time. Please Re-download again. Sorry about the inconvenience.

StormLord-711-
May 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Really? It had fixed my UI problem earlier. Oh well no matter.

os79
May 24, 2010, 12:04 PM
Used Patch H from SVN latest revision so now all is good :).

StormLord-711-
May 24, 2010, 12:57 PM
Minor UI problem:

Regarding this problem- I hadn't realized that RevDCM had been updated this month, so I updated. Apparently this problem is in RevDCM right now, so there's the source of it. ;) My gut must have just had indigestion. I'll give them a bug report- I'm sure you're busy enough, Afforess.

CivFanCCS
May 24, 2010, 01:17 PM
Afforess,

Are there any scripts or code that executes only during the industrial era or later, or that is attached to some kind of unit during or after the industrial era? I can start a map in ancient times and the game will be super fast until the industrial era then comes to a grinding halt. So I started a new game with less civs during the industrial era (just plain game no advanced start) and after a few turns the game started grinding so it's got to be some chunk of really ineffiecent code that is executed at some point in this era...

Erii
May 24, 2010, 01:24 PM
I go away for a few months due to work, and look what y'all do... put out new patches! Thanks for the hard work, they're really enjoyable.

I have been playing my first game on BtS 3.19, RoM 2.91, AND 1.73g, with about half the options installed, but I don't believe that's the cause of my issues.

First, mining... hitting M with my workers no longer builds a mine, although I can still click the icon to build my mines.

Second, a game balance issue. The Foundling Hospital (Church civic building, National Wonder) is exploitable and should be rebalanced... At first glance, it looks like just another Hanging Gardens... But then I realized I could sell it and rebuild it, causing all my cities to grow again! It seems to me that any one-time effects from national wonders should be removed so long as they can be sold/rebuilt. (Haven't looked at all the new buildings/features yet).

Also, this last one isn't so much a bug, as a request. As others have also noticed, there are options on game creation, such as increasing difficulty and advanced diplomacy, that are only actually changed using the BUG option menu. Although not a big issue, it seems a waste to even have them there. (And it leads to a bit of confusion)

Trooper111k
May 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
Greetings,

I've run into a strange problem this morning, I can't load my current game. The game just crash during the ''Finishing'' part of the loading. The game was running just fine yesterday. I was under patch G, and I applied patch H hoping it would solve it all, but it didn't.Is it possible the saved game is corrupted? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

Here's the game as an attached file, along what is installed:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Thank you for your time, and great mod BTW

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 02:37 PM
Greetings,

I've run into a strange problem this morning, I can't load my current game. The game just crash during the ''Finishing'' part of the loading. The game was running just fine yesterday. I was under patch G, and I applied patch H hoping it would solve it all, but it didn't.Is it possible the saved game is corrupted? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

Here's the game as an attached file, along what is installed:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Thank you for your time, and great mod BTW

It's sounds like you are hitting a computer limitation. Could you list your processor speed and RAM, and other computer spec's?

I go away for a few months due to work, and look what y'all do... put out new patches! Thanks for the hard work, they're really enjoyable.

I have been playing my first game on BtS 3.19, RoM 2.91, AND 1.73g, with about half the options installed, but I don't believe that's the cause of my issues.

First, mining... hitting M with my workers no longer builds a mine, although I can still click the icon to build my mines.

Second, a game balance issue. The Foundling Hospital (Church civic building, National Wonder) is exploitable and should be rebalanced... At first glance, it looks like just another Hanging Gardens... But then I realized I could sell it and rebuild it, causing all my cities to grow again! It seems to me that any one-time effects from national wonders should be removed so long as they can be sold/rebuilt. (Haven't looked at all the new buildings/features yet).

Also, this last one isn't so much a bug, as a request. As others have also noticed, there are options on game creation, such as increasing difficulty and advanced diplomacy, that are only actually changed using the BUG option menu. Although not a big issue, it seems a waste to even have them there. (And it leads to a bit of confusion)

1.) I'll see what I can do.

2.) I'll change it so demolishing National Wonders is not allowed

3.) Yeah, I know.

Afforess,

Are there any scripts or code that executes only during the industrial era or later, or that is attached to some kind of unit during or after the industrial era? I can start a map in ancient times and the game will be super fast until the industrial era then comes to a grinding halt. So I started a new game with less civs during the industrial era (just plain game no advanced start) and after a few turns the game started grinding so it's got to be some chunk of really ineffiecent code that is executed at some point in this era...

Good question; I can check.

Regarding this problem- I hadn't realized that RevDCM had been updated this month, so I updated. Apparently this problem is in RevDCM right now, so there's the source of it. ;) My gut must have just had indigestion. I'll give them a bug report- I'm sure you're busy enough, Afforess.

Glad to know I can cross that off my list. ;)

Arakhor
May 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
It would be nice to have redundant options removed from the game start-up screen altogether, but I know not to bore the hand that entertains me :D

duckduckswan
May 24, 2010, 04:04 PM
Getting the error message: "bad end of central directory record" when trying to install v.1.73 today. Last night I realized I needed to update my AND and also RoM so I deleted both and downloaded the newest versions.

RoM installed OK, I tried loading the mod and it runs. But now when I try to run the AND installer, I get that popup error message. Any ideas on what could cause this? I tired searching around the forum and couldn't locate anything similar and I did install it as Administrator. Please, help me get my AND fix, I love it! Cheers.

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 04:19 PM
Getting the error message: "bad end of central directory record" when trying to install v.1.73 today. Last night I realized I needed to update my AND and also RoM so I deleted both and downloaded the newest versions.

RoM installed OK, I tried loading the mod and it runs. But now when I try to run the AND installer, I get that popup error message. Any ideas on what could cause this? I tired searching around the forum and couldn't locate anything similar and I did install it as Administrator. Please, help me get my AND fix, I love it! Cheers.

That is the error message you get when your download is incomplete. Delete it, and re-download. ;)

duckduckswan
May 24, 2010, 04:34 PM
Ah, gracias. Thanks again for such an awesome game Aff!

Trooper111k
May 24, 2010, 05:34 PM
It's sounds like you are hitting a computer limitation. Could you list your processor speed and RAM, and other computer spec's?

I seriously doubt it. I bought a brand new computer just for this mod!

Specs: Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU 2,33GHZ, 6GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5450, Windows 7

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Ophryon
May 24, 2010, 05:44 PM
Using 1.73G on a fresh RoM install with no other mods. Loving the gameplay so far, but ran into some unusual behavior regarding a barbarian galley trade blocking my city across some ocean tiles, which then caused the deletion of the city's Fish Traps and everything below it in the building list.

1) Is it intended that losing access to the Fish resource (even temporarily) deletes the Fish Traps? I can live with that thematically, but the deletion of the Wheelwright, Town Watch, and Reflecting Pool looks like a bug. (Unless there's something else going on gameplay-wise that I don't know about) The screen shots below show the loss of those four buildings at the end of the list.

2) Should the barbarian be able to trade block my city across Ocean tiles, when it can't yet cross those tiles itself? Also my galley is able to cross those Ocean tiles within my borders and I'm nowhere near Astronomy. This is sweet for reaching the next continent that's so close, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or a "feature." :)

Thanks again for all your great work!

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
WinXP

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 06:28 PM
That bug was fixed in Patch H. Yes, you should lose the fish traps, but if you regain access to the resource, the building will re-activate on it's own, without having to rebuilt it. :p

As for blocking ocean tiles, I haven't changed that behavior, so you need to ask the Firaxis dev's. ;)

The early ocean travel in ones own borders is a feature.

Ophryon
May 24, 2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks, I probably should have patched before posting, but I didn't see it mentioned in the patch log. I should have known you would be all over it!

Meanwhile, I've patched to H and restarted at an earlier save. The problem with deleting the other three buildings is fixed, but I still lost the Fish Traps. Below is an updated screenshot showing the Fish Traps back in the build queue. I'll try starting a fresh game and see if the problem persists.

Arakhor
May 24, 2010, 08:58 PM
Those personalised names certainly sprain the tongue when you try to say them! Is there any way to mandate words that actually pronounceable?

Mamamia
May 24, 2010, 10:14 PM
I am using version 1.73 patch G.
My units gain about 3 XP while defending against animals but only 1 XP while attacking them. Is this normal? I can see in the 1.73 change log that patch E fixed a bug with defenders gaining too much XP but it doesn't seem like this was fixed for combat against animals.

Great mod by the way. :)

Afforess
May 24, 2010, 11:02 PM
I am using version 1.73 patch G.
My units gain about 3 XP while defending against animals but only 1 XP while attacking them. Is this normal? I can see in the 1.73 change log that patch E fixed a bug with defenders gaining too much XP but it doesn't seem like this was fixed for combat against animals.

Great mod by the way. :)

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I was playing this evening, and caught a backwards calculation... :(

Anyway, it's fixed now, but I won't be releasing a patch for a few days.

digitCruncher
May 25, 2010, 12:01 AM
Using patch G:

Bug #1: Air Bombarding a Fishermans hut gives -2 :food: to all coast tiles.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7/civ4screenshot1078.th.jpg (http://img708.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civ4screenshot1078.jpg)

I don't know if rebuilding the Fishermans hut would fix it though.

Bug #2: Spy missions in a capital use 0 EP (Although the missions are limited. Only steal technology (O.o) and influence civics and religion are free. Although having a mission that would otherwise use 15,000 EP be free is a little insane >.> AFAIK, there is no failure chance either, but I don't know)

Finally, I don't know if this is a bug or feature: The +5 :mad: from defying AP or UN resolutions doesn't seem to disappear when you make a motion that passes, nor does it disappear when you get elected UN general. I will wait until it disappears...

But what a fun game. The Espionage Economy really needs to be toned back, I won the game by a huge margin because of it! Deception promotions are insane (they probably need to be given a nerf to -5% detection evasion, instead of -10%. Deception II -20% makes your guys almost impossible to grab!)

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Ice Breaker} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

Sinapus
May 25, 2010, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I was playing this evening, and caught a backwards calculation... :(

Anyway, it's fixed now, but I won't be releasing a patch for a few days.

Is it only affecting combat with animals? If so, then that really only affects the game up til not long after barbarian units start spawning, then the animals start getting replaced by warriors, archers, javeliners, etc.

Dono1979
May 25, 2010, 06:03 AM
Hi ya,

Having trouble getting the modmod to work at all. I have a fresh install of RoM 2.91 and originally installed both the 1.73 and patch H, however it crashes on load up.

I have backtracked all the way back and checked RoM 2.9 which loaded fine, 2.91 which also loaded fine, but AND 1.73 crashes on load up and so does AND 1.73 H.

I cant attach a log as it doesnt generate one.

Is there something that I am missing? Sorry to be a pain, but I have been really enjoying the AND modmod and would really prefer to play RoM with it running. I had it running with RoM 2.81 and noticed there were newer versions so did a clean out of the mods and installed them.

Should do a completely fresh Civ4 install?

Cheers
Dono

NBAfan
May 25, 2010, 09:53 AM
Hi ya,

Having trouble getting the modmod to work at all. I have a fresh install of RoM 2.91 and originally installed both the 1.73 and patch H, however it crashes on load up.

I have backtracked all the way back and checked RoM 2.9 which loaded fine, 2.91 which also loaded fine, but AND 1.73 crashes on load up and so does AND 1.73 H.

I cant attach a log as it doesnt generate one.

Is there something that I am missing? Sorry to be a pain, but I have been really enjoying the AND modmod and would really prefer to play RoM with it running. I had it running with RoM 2.81 and noticed there were newer versions so did a clean out of the mods and installed them.

Should do a completely fresh Civ4 install?

Cheers
DonoSounds like your AND download got corrupted. Try redownloading.

AndarielHalo
May 25, 2010, 12:20 PM
I feel like this is a jab at me and my complaints about the AI behaving like "Total War" games...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/AndarielHalo/TotalWar.jpg

:mischief:

Trooper111k
May 25, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hello, it's me again.

I successfully recovered my game by going a few dozen turns back with a quicksave. All was going well until I ran into an unavoidable game freezing problem. Civ4 stop responding after I choose another tech to research after the last one is done.

Here's the log, along the save game and my specs:

Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Specs: Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU 2,33GHZ, 6GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5450, Windows 7

Afforess
May 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks Trooper111k, I'll see what I can do.

Afforess
May 25, 2010, 08:58 PM
Trooper111k, I tried to load your save, but I couldn't. Are you using any custom changes or non-AND modmod's?

Afforess
May 25, 2010, 08:59 PM
Using patch G:

Bug #1: Air Bombarding a Fishermans hut gives -2 :food: to all coast tiles.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7/civ4screenshot1078.th.jpg (http://img708.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civ4screenshot1078.jpg)

I don't know if rebuilding the Fishermans hut would fix it though.

I found and fixed the bug. ;)

Will be in Patch J.

AndarielHalo
May 25, 2010, 09:00 PM
In Patch G, the International Ports give NEGATIVE gold coin trade thing when they should be giving POSITIVE that. Is this fixed in Patch H? You're releasing these patches too fast for me :(

Mamamia
May 26, 2010, 07:46 AM
Is it only affecting combat with animals? If so, then that really only affects the game up til not long after barbarian units start spawning, then the animals start getting replaced by warriors, archers, javeliners, etc.

No, unfortunately, it affects ALL combat. It also affects the number of great general points you receive after a fight. So let's hope for a patch soon. ;)

Sinapus
May 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
No, unfortunately, it affects ALL combat. It also affects the number of great general points you receive after a fight. So let's hope for a patch soon. ;)

Very soon. My days off are Wednesday and Thursday nights now. Though I do get Sunday off because of Memorial Day here and there's a bank holiday in the UK (one large source of calls on the shift I work) so it'll be quiet and I can take a break.

lucky17
May 26, 2010, 02:24 PM
I've been playing a game of a new dawn 1.73 patch H, and now im at the modern era, on a standard map.... and every few turns the game will crash because of bad allocation. My PC is fairly new, and I don;t think it should be struggling that much. Any ideas of how to help? thanks!

Arakhor
May 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
We Brits are good at complaining but far too ready to take no for an answer :)

Trooper111k
May 26, 2010, 04:33 PM
Trooper111k, I tried to load your save, but I couldn't. Are you using any custom changes or non-AND modmod's?

Nope, only RoM AND 1.73, with patch H

Edit: My bad, I've been thinking about it, and there's the unloaded module Holy War that comes with RoM that I did load. Could it be the problem?

Sorry for the inconvenience

fieldman
May 26, 2010, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know if it is confirmed that the AI is able to activate Inquisitors units it builds? I am noticing that AI Intolerant civic nations produce Inquisitors, but I am not seeing the purging of religions.

I am using AND1.73H.

Arkatakor
May 26, 2010, 07:33 PM
Just a quick suggestion; was playing a game into the transhuman era the other day. I noticed however that the commando upgrade is no longer available for any tanks that are more advanced then the modern armor. So if I build a hover tank or any of the other tanks with 150 str or 170 str, as they gain levels, they are still unable to choose the commando upgrade option.

My only workaround was to build a modern armor, upgrade to commando and THEN upgrade the modern armor to a future era vehicle. Any chance to add the commando upgrade option for all future era armors / dreadnaughts?

Afforess
May 27, 2010, 01:15 PM
I've been playing a game of a new dawn 1.73 patch H, and now im at the modern era, on a standard map.... and every few turns the game will crash because of bad allocation. My PC is fairly new, and I don;t think it should be struggling that much. Any ideas of how to help? thanks!

Bad Allocation is not a bug with the mod, it is when your PC uses up all the available RAM, and the game can't any more, so it crashes. Turn down the graphic settings, and it may help some. Buying more RAM (which is cheap these days) is the only real solution.

Nope, only RoM AND 1.73, with patch H

Edit: My bad, I've been thinking about it, and there's the unloaded module Holy War that comes with RoM that I did load. Could it be the problem?

Sorry for the inconvenience

Yes, that would do it. I'll try your save again.

Does anyone know if it is confirmed that the AI is able to activate Inquisitors units it builds? I am noticing that AI Intolerant civic nations produce Inquisitors, but I am not seeing the purging of religions.

I am using AND1.73H.

Yes, the AI can use inquisitors; but I'm not sure how solid the logic is.

Just a quick suggestion; was playing a game into the transhuman era the other day. I noticed however that the commando upgrade is no longer available for any tanks that are more advanced then the modern armor. So if I build a hover tank or any of the other tanks with 150 str or 170 str, as they gain levels, they are still unable to choose the commando upgrade option.

My only workaround was to build a modern armor, upgrade to commando and THEN upgrade the modern armor to a future era vehicle. Any chance to add the commando upgrade option for all future era armors / dreadnaughts?

Hmm. I'd bring that up in the RoM 3.0 design thread, since it's more likely to be fixed there.

Killtech
May 27, 2010, 01:23 PM
nvm, i've solved my problem. i overwrote the buildiclass of the laboratory which caused the strange behavior. as a note for all other modders: never override building classes. it causes unforeseen problems.

original post:
okay, i've found some time to mod again. but i can't get rid of my problem with the buildings info. apparently it is deeper then just the UI in civipedia not appearing.

the problem with the blank "Building Upgrades" page in the pedia originates in the following phython call: "gc.getBuildingInfo(buildingB)" where buildingB is some building index. the function returns "NoneType" which causes the page generating python functions to abort. interestingly the buildings which info cannot be found are in the "Buildings" page of the pedia. i have also noticed that some of the building calsses that cause the trouble cannot be used within the BuildingClassProductionModifier tag (do not appear in pedia, no xml errors).

there is something else wrong with the laboratory (the building that causes all the trouble): unlike other buildings with a national replacement (e.g. forge) it doesn't show the replaced by national version info in the pedia.

Afforess
May 27, 2010, 01:40 PM
For kicks, I added The Laboratory to the stable upgrade chain and it worked fine. Could you upload a zip of your changes, and I'll see if I can fix the screen for the next patch.

Killtech
May 27, 2010, 01:43 PM
edited my prior post because i found the problem. could you be less fast to answer next time? ;)
thx, anyway for your help.

fieldman
May 27, 2010, 10:44 PM
Yes, the AI can use inquisitors; but I'm not sure how solid the logic is.

Thanks. I suspect that it is based on revolution threat levels, but am not sure how to check this in the code.

I wonder if the logic can be compared to that used by missionaries or corporations, and modified to be enacted automatically. I realize that the AI is looking to keep beneficial modifiers from existing religious buildings for as long as possible, but I think religious intolerance should be mandatory under Intolerant civic.

Or is this outside the scope of AND?

Afforess
May 27, 2010, 10:49 PM
It is based on Revolutions. I wrote the foundations for the code a while back for RevDCM, but they have improved it since I last checked. I'll see if I can include their improvements in the next patch.

Dono1979
May 28, 2010, 05:02 AM
Sounds like your AND download got corrupted. Try redownloading.

Unfortunately it didnt seem to fix it. It has me stumped actually. I have done a completely clean install on Civ with 3.19, a fresh download of RoM 2.9 with the patch to 2.91, a clean download of AND 1.73 and its patch to H.

Everything works fine with vanilla Civ. Keeps working with 2.9 and 2.91, but as soon as I instal AND 1.73 or 1.73H it crashes on the load up of the mod.

Cheers
Dono

Acerbus
May 28, 2010, 09:27 AM
I seem to have encountered a CTD. It happens when I end my turn, and reloading the save doesn't work so now I'm stuck.

Anyway, here are the log files and the save. I'm running AND 1.73H on a 64-bit Win7 machine, btw.

os79
May 28, 2010, 09:34 AM
Patch H Report:

Same settings as before (No War, Military Units, Workers Trades) but with Ruthless AI on.

There are about 3 or 4 civs at the top with big empires. That is a lot better than before. But one thing I noticed right away in Renaissance era... These top civs with bigger empires than I have (I have 15 cities so far, they have over 20, one even run into 30's) have lousy teching strategy. The next civ at the top to me (fluctuating between Greenland and me) have the military strength ratio of 1.3, but it has over 30 cities while I only have 15 cities! So teching strategy seems to be your next stop or whoever else do AI strategy usage :).

Not that I'm complaining :lol:. I want to win this game and I inevitably will win because my Flexible Difficulty is maxed at Noble. I think I may see AI doing a lot better in the next game where my max difficulty will be Prince, maybe.

OK, a tiny bug... more like annoying than gamebreaking bug. When a LH of civ A ask me to stop war with Civ B, and I accept it, Civ C, D, E, and F ask me to stop war! Even after I agree with civ A. You need to have the game check whether or not I agreed with civ A so that civ C, D and any more civs after A don't ask me the same deal I already had agreed to. Repeat: I'm speaking only of Trade Peace deal only, not other deals.

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately it didnt seem to fix it. It has me stumped actually. I have done a completely clean install on Civ with 3.19, a fresh download of RoM 2.9 with the patch to 2.91, a clean download of AND 1.73 and its patch to H.

Everything works fine with vanilla Civ. Keeps working with 2.9 and 2.91, but as soon as I instal AND 1.73 or 1.73H it crashes on the load up of the mod.

Cheers
Dono

Check the FAQ, and see if anything there helps. If not, upload the install log file, from the root of your Rise of Mankind folder.

I seem to have encountered a CTD. It happens when I end my turn, and reloading the save doesn't work so now I'm stuck.

Anyway, here are the log files and the save. I'm running AND 1.73H on a 64-bit Win7 machine, btw.

Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Patch H Report:

Same settings as before (No War, Military Units, Workers Trades) but with Ruthless AI on.

There are about 3 or 4 civs at the top with big empires. That is a lot better than before. But one thing I noticed right away in Renaissance era... These top civs with bigger empires than I have (I have 15 cities so far, they have over 20, one even run into 30's) have lousy teching strategy. The next civ at the top to me (fluctuating between Greenland and me) have the military strength ratio of 1.3, but it has over 30 cities while I only have 15 cities! So teching strategy seems to be your next stop or whoever else do AI strategy usage :).

Not that I'm complaining :lol:. I want to win this game and I inevitably will win because my Flexible Difficulty is maxed at Noble. I think I may see AI doing a lot better in the next game where my max difficulty will be Prince, maybe.

OK, a tiny bug... more like annoying than gamebreaking bug. When a LH of civ A ask me to stop war with Civ B, and I accept it, Civ C, D, E, and F ask me to stop war! Even after I agree with civ A. You need to have the game check whether or not I agreed with civ A so that civ C, D and any more civs after A don't ask me the same deal I already had agreed to. Repeat: I'm speaking only of Trade Peace deal only, not other deals.

Hmm. Each player does their diplomacy before the human ever sees a popup, so the problem is that the code ran before your turn for each person. I guess I could make it so only one AI can request peace with the human a turn...

strategyonly
May 28, 2010, 10:35 AM
I figured out the NO animals on a large island problem, if you play Barbarian World it overrides the animals and places barb warriors instead. So i took out Barb World and the animals show up as normal then.

Arakhor
May 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
Please do, Afforess! Having four or five people all asking for you stop warring with someone else does get tedious :)

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 01:39 PM
Don't worry, I've added it, so the AI won't make that request to you multiple times. ;)

Patch I is going to be big. I found a couple memory leaks, rewrote a good chuck of code to make enabling-disabling buildings work, and fixed some AI bugs. I'll try to have it out ASAP, but it may be a day off still.

aender
May 28, 2010, 02:24 PM
while your at it aaranda's religions have a jewish wonder named ark of covenent........also wonder of same name with and......they dont conflict ..but 2 wonders same name not good

Dancing Hoskuld
May 28, 2010, 03:43 PM
while your at it aaranda's religions have a jewish wonder named ark of covenent........also wonder of same name with and......they dont conflict ..but 2 wonders same name not good

I missed that when I converted them. I would suggest that we drop Orion Veteran's otherwise we would need to find a new wonder for Judaism to keep balance. ;)

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 04:15 PM
I missed that when I converted them. I would suggest that we drop Orion Veteran's otherwise we would need to find a new wonder for Judaism to keep balance. ;)

I can't remove it, not in a patch, but you can always remove it modularly in your stuff. It's pretty easy and simple. Put the name of the buildingclass and building from the XML into the global alt defines and the buildings will never load up with the game.

The Rusty Gamer
May 28, 2010, 06:28 PM
I switched off the difficulty increase option, but it did it anyway. I also switched off tech brokering in custom game screen, but in-game, when I went Alt-Ctrl-O, it was switched on.

Arakhor
May 28, 2010, 06:52 PM
The BUG options override the custom game options, which would account for both of your issues.

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
Don't worry, I've corrected that for the next patch too. ;)

The Rusty Gamer
May 28, 2010, 07:02 PM
Most excellent Afforess. :)

you know, this is quickly becoming my most favourite MOD, because of its great flexability.

os79
May 28, 2010, 07:03 PM
Plus to be crystal clear:
Flexible Difficulty is NOT the same as Increasing Difficulty. Flexible Difficulty is no longer in Custom Game option llist because it is in BUG while Increasing Difficulty is in Custom Game. They are two distinct options.

I only use Flexible Difficulty :).

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
Most excellent Afforess. :)

you know, this is quickly becoming my most favourite MOD, because of its great flexability.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Flexibility is the core-feature after all. ;)

The Rusty Gamer
May 28, 2010, 07:16 PM
Oh, well maybe that's what was triggered. I'm such a pendantic, slow dumb player at times, it wouldn't surprise me if I ended up on beginner level by the end of the game. :D

Blackflag421
May 28, 2010, 09:16 PM
Patch I turned all my trade centers into trade posts, and one of them into a depleted mine (I have resource depletion disabled).

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
Patch I turned all my trade centers into trade posts, and one of them into a depleted mine (I have resource depletion disabled).

I can't confirm. I tested a game with Patch H, put a variety of improvements down, saved, and patched to I, and nothing changed.

In fact, there were no code changes for tiles between Patch H and Patch I.

Blackflag421
May 28, 2010, 10:00 PM
I was using patch G, but it doesn't really matter. Not game-breaking (or even more than slightly inconvenient). I just went into worldbuilder and fixed it.

Edit: Found another strange error, but looks like it's just UI. Posting screen in a sec.

Blackflag421
May 28, 2010, 10:14 PM
Something is wrong in this picture...

Afforess
May 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
Save and logs please? I haven't see any issues with the hover text. Admittedly, it's a new feature, but it's always displayed correctly for me.

Blackflag421
May 28, 2010, 10:52 PM
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Deep-Red Interface} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Need any other logs?

Killtech
May 29, 2010, 12:24 AM

nice privateers in your picture btw. ah... the good old XP system where you have so many promotions that you can't see the unit below anymore, lol.

strategyonly
May 29, 2010, 12:29 AM

See in this pic, its just like i said, you always get one to two civs bee-lined and others stay at normal levels:confused::crazyeye:

Blackflag421
May 29, 2010, 12:45 AM
nice privateers in your picture btw. ah... the good old XP system where you have so many promotions that you can't see the unit below anymore, lol.

My massive tech lead did most of the work, and having 38 xp upon production doesn't hurt either. A few uber-privateers were taking out iron frigates, but Menelik started making ironclads and killed a couple :( The first privateer I made is still alive and has 200 something XP.

strategyonly - They were actually much more even, tho way far behind. At a couple times I went into the worldbuilder and gave the bigger AIs a bunch of techs and population levels in their cities. Ashurbanipal was bigger than Menelik but lost a war and capitulated, while all my vassals loved me because I grabbed Hinduism and spammed it into their cities long before they founded any religions. Then they begged to become vassals. Almost all Menelik's vassals were forced into vassalage by losing a war to him, and a couple were from revolutions.

Killtech
May 29, 2010, 12:46 AM
See in this pic, its just like i said, you always get one to two civs bee-lined and others stay at normal levels:confused::crazyeye:

there is no way a large empire can lose against a smaller one. thus they all become vassals and add up score the their master.

i think the vietnam war was unrealistic. vietnam should become a vassal of America. some goes for afghansitan and irak. and of course all should love the america (yellow smiley diplomatic realtions).... but the world somehow doesn't want to be as realistic and balanced as Civilization IV.

Blackflag421
May 29, 2010, 01:05 AM
I started a new game, and the hover text is still doing that. It actually fluctuates while I mouseover on most units, but the real XP is fine.

Grathocke
May 29, 2010, 03:37 AM
Just started a new game with Patch I. My warrior got attacked by a barbarian warrior. The XP is doing strange things. Not only is it negative, it is constantly changing.

Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

also running ROME, some Hydro mods and StrategyOnly's AnimalBonus and Police mods.

os79
May 29, 2010, 05:38 AM
Patch I Report:

You forgot to add Hashishim entry to main MLF file. It broke my save. But I fortunately understood why and fixed it. But wonder why you didn't add his entry to MLF file yet...

EDIT: Yes, Patch I does indeed break save. After I added back Hashishim, my loading went even more further to less than 1/4 way of the loading bar, then there was a long wait, then Runtime error.

Oh well, here on to a new game...

SECOND EDIT: Well, it is save compatible if I removed Icons folder from Projects/Vincentz. So my game continues but without his cool pics. I can wait for them in the next game :).

So move along because there is nothing to see here.

os79
May 29, 2010, 07:40 AM
Patch I Report:

Possibly is a old bug that hadn't been noticed before. Anyway, I had been conquering other civs' land. Well, there were three unique buildings that did not show up in hover-over for production, defense, espionage. I'm Chinese, and I even noticed that Pavilion don't show up in culture hover-over. These three buildings were dun (wall replacement), earthworks (forge replacement), and congresshouse (courthouse replacement).

Not really a game breaking bug as long as you know these buildings well or learn about them fast. But it would be more convenient if these unique buildings info were to show up in hover-over.

ebogdan
May 29, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hi.

I have RoM 2.91 + AND 1.73 patch I (and nothing else), and it crashes to desktop with runtime error everytime I try to start a new game. I use Custom Game, Giant map with some other options. I don't have a log file, none is generated.

RobO
May 29, 2010, 08:14 AM
I get a horribly looking depleted mine with patch I. I think it was a Trading post before - not sure. Definitely not a mine, and resource depletion is off.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8963/civ4screenshot0024.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/civ4screenshot0024.jpg/)
The cursor is at the mine, so the text at the lower left is from that position on the map.
A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Ice Breaker} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Spil\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

May 29, 2010, 08:29 AM
Some more things I have noticed. 1.73 patch H.

When selling a building, why not just list the real amount (the 20% amount) of gold that you'll get back for it in the drop down instead of making us do calculate it or wonder why the hell we didn't get the amount listed because we (ok... I ) didn't bother to read the message at the top saying I'd only get 20% back.

I love playing the Hittites. Their UB is the best, in fact it's overpowered. I refuse to even upgrade them to steel mills (except maybe 1 or 2) because its a net loss for me. Logically, why would access to Iron give a 10% food bonus? That should be dropped, keep the regular production bonus though as it's unique feature.

Am playing Diety, ruthlesss AI, raging barbarians, start as minors. I am sure it has been said many times, game is still too easy. AI can't build proper economic assisting building ans just mass spams military units until it chokes on them. AI doesn't value writing enough when Start as minors is enabled. In my game, I am about to enter the medieval era (in 1st century AD) and this only after delaying it on purpose by researching every ancient and classical era tech before going after one that would bump me to the medieval era. I am x4 score compare to my best rival, (whom I just recently vassalized, after steamrolling over his hordes of archers and spearmen with heavy swords) I had to wait for the idiot to finally research writing or I would have done in centuries earlier. I've built every wonder of the ancient and classical age except Sun Tzu's, the Collossus, and Chichen Itza.

Also another odd circumstance, I am on continent A shard w/ 2 AI civs. I have discovered and explored continent B which began w/ 4 AI civs, but spawned 3 more from Barbarians. The only reason I can reach continent B is because I settled a city that had its culture expand out enough to reach the coasts of some islands off Continent B's mainland. So I am the only one that can reach continent B. The AI's on continent B and continent A have no contact with each other. I am the only civ with Alphabet (or was at the time I noticed this) Several of the AI civs on Continent B have developed writing so I can talk to them and have many times, I've never given away contacts. As soon as one of the AI civs on continent AI, develop writing (the one I have been waiting on so I can make them capitulate) the AIs on continent B start demanding that I make peace with this AI. How do they even know of this AI's existence? They can't send explorers over (ocean boundary through my territory), and I've never told them about them.

A last thing I have noticed, is when I jump down to a very high tax rate for incomes of 1000+ the amount that I get back on the next term is FAR less that what was predicted. For example I was poised to have +1459 gold to be added to 255 gold in my treasury after dropping down to 0% science. (I wanted to horde some gold to spend on finishing buildings) Yet on the next turn I got 1200 something instead. Where did 400+ of my gold income disappear to? It wasn't road costs that is for sure, not 400 gold worth... nobody stole from my treasury, no one has spies except me, and I should have gotten a message. Inflation? something else? When I pump my science slider back up to get smaller per turn gold gains It does not appear to go missing anymore.

os79
May 29, 2010, 08:44 AM
Patch I Report:

I think we may need to tweak Peace Trade a bit more. Several times, civ A asked me to have peace with civ B. I clicked "Yes" choice. No more repeat AI Peace Trade deals, that is good. But the next turn, I'm still in war with civ B! I wait until another civ A to ask me the same thing for another civ B or same B (not relevant), and I responded in affirmative. Again I'm still in war with civ B.

So I'm wondering what is happening when I say "Yes" to end the war? What happens next?

May 29, 2010, 08:51 AM
I have the same problem Robo metioned after applying patch I. My trade market's have been replaced with Depleted mines.

Toddy
May 29, 2010, 09:12 AM
With patch I, the AI diplomacy memory 'You have proven to be commited to peace' gives a - to your relations with the AI.

dudeSDCA
May 29, 2010, 09:39 AM
I installed patch I over patch H. I'm getting a "failure to uncompress game data" when trying to load a saved game.

I attached the log file; I'm using a custom civ and a few minor edits to the code (e.g., # of moves for missionaries), so not save-game compatible.

Thanks in advance if you can figure out why my game won't load post-patch I.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

os79
May 29, 2010, 10:12 AM
I installed patch I over patch H. I'm getting a "failure to uncompress game data" when trying to load a saved game.

I attached the log file; I'm using a custom civ and a few minor edits to the code (e.g., # of moves for missionaries), so not save-game compatible.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

Move RoM/Assets/Modules/Projects/Vincentz/Icons to Desktop or any storage place for your next game. Then you can play with your game. After you are done with your current game, put that Icons back in the same folder so you can experience the new and better looking pics.

dudeSDCA
May 29, 2010, 10:18 AM
OMG! Icons--of course. I remember there being a whole discussion in one of these threads about updating an icon and it breaking save games. THANKS OS79!!! It worked B-E-A-utifully!

Afforess
May 29, 2010, 11:29 AM
Funny though... I tested a 1.73 game with patch I & the new icons, and it loaded fine.

Blackflag421
May 29, 2010, 12:23 PM
Maybe it's something to do with modded AND installs? Mine isn't modded and my save (from patch G) loads fine.

os79
May 29, 2010, 12:27 PM
Funny though... I tested a 1.73 game with patch I & the new icons, and it loaded fine.

Funny, two of us unloaded Icons and our savegame works again... ;)

Honestly, I want to try these cool pics but I unfortunately have to wait for them until the next game.

os79
May 29, 2010, 12:29 PM
Maybe it's something to do with modded AND installs? Mine isn't modded and my save (from patch G) loads fine.

Probably true. Only thing I modified was just an addition of Hashishim's CoC minus Custom Buildings and Units.

Blackflag421
May 29, 2010, 01:00 PM
Others have mentioned this, but now everyone hates me because "You have proven to be committed to peace" gives a negative modifier.

Scarlet_King
May 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
Others have mentioned this, but now everyone hates me because "You have proven to be committed to peace" gives a negative modifier.

A relatively hefty one at that.

I'm not even sure what it means because it's the first time I've seen it.

Blackflag421
May 29, 2010, 02:25 PM
When an AI asks you to go to war, it gives you that modifier with the targeted AI for refusing to go to war. It's supposed to be positive tho, not negative.

Ophryon
May 29, 2010, 02:29 PM
Started a new game with Patch I:
I can confirm Grathocke's bug report in post 2678: After defeating animals or barbarians, my Warrior receives negative experience points and the hover text experience cycles through different 10-digit values. When I reloaded, I noticed that the 10-digit number only cycled through two values: one value when the mouse cursor was near enough to the unit to activate the hover text but not light up the flag; and the other value when the cursor was "on" the unit (flag lit up).

This is a fresh install with no other mods. Since Grathocke already posted his file and logs, do you need mine too?

The only other thing I've noticed is that Landmarks do not get discovered if they are in visible range of a unit when the map is first generated. (I can see the landmark name by hovering over the tile, but the blue sign is not generated and founding a city nearby does not adopt the name.)

Grathocke
May 29, 2010, 02:52 PM
I can confirm Grathocke's bug report in post 2678: After defeating animals or barbarians, my Warrior receives negative experience points and the hover text experience cycles through different 10-digit values. When I reloaded, I noticed that the 10-digit number only cycled through two values: one value when the mouse cursor was near enough to the unit to activate the hover text but not light up the flag; and the other value when the cursor was "on" the unit (flag lit up).

This is a fresh install with no other mods. Since Grathocke already posted his file and logs, do you need mine too?

The only other thing I've noticed is that Landmarks do not get discovered if they are in visible range of a unit when the map is first generated. (I can see the landmark name by hovering over the tile, but the blue sign is not generated and founding a city nearby does not adopt the name.)

I started a new game without ROME. I do still have Hydro's mods: farming, garbage, military, misc, NIMBY, palace, tower, and water. Also StrategyOnly's animal bonus and police. I tested it out and the problem was still there. I just wanted to confirm that ROME was not the culprit here. I have used the Hydro and Strategy modmods for some time and haven't changed anything with them. I am going to try a fresh install next without any of my own modifications to make certain it isn't anything I did.

BTW, founding cities no longer takes names from the nearby landmark; an excellent change I think. I like the traditional names for cities.

ComradeKristov
May 29, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm stuck in this screen how do I get out of it? It won't let me choose what I want to build in my capitol city and it is setting me back pretty badly!

Blackflag421
May 29, 2010, 03:52 PM
I started a new game without ROME. I do still have Hydro's mods: farming, garbage, military, misc, NIMBY, palace, tower, and water. Also StrategyOnly's animal bonus and police. I tested it out and the problem was still there. I just wanted to confirm that ROME was not the culprit here. I have used the Hydro and Strategy modmods for some time and haven't changed anything with them. I am going to try a fresh install next without any of my own modifications to make certain it isn't anything I did.

BTW, founding cities no longer takes names from the nearby landmark; an excellent change I think. I like the traditional names for cities.

There's a BUG option for it :)

Ophryon
May 29, 2010, 06:15 PM
There's a BUG option for it :)

Ah, thank you. :) Didn't realize that was among the changes. The "naming cities" option was concelaed at the bottom of the screen because my BUG window was one line too small and I needed to scroll down.

I hope my inattention on that issue doesn't distract from the main bug Grathocke and I were reporting: the negative experience and fluctuating exp in the hover text.

aender
May 29, 2010, 08:38 PM
question i'm using aaranda's religions and need to know if i can install the patch as is or wait and and do a clean install, like i've had to do with each other iteration of AND because of that modmod?

dudeSDCA
May 29, 2010, 10:47 PM

Confirmed -- seeing the same XP error with all my units. Same specs as previously posted (less the Icons which was preventing the game for loading for me)

Afforess
May 30, 2010, 01:16 AM
The XP error... I found the cause. Lol, I just forgot to include the most updated text files with the patch. A simple XML error.

Anyway, I'll be creating a patch J in a few minutes. It will have the textual fix.

RobO
May 30, 2010, 01:47 AM
The XP error... I found the cause. Lol, I just forgot to include the most updated text files with the patch. A simple XML error.

Anyway, I'll be creating a patch J in a few minutes. It will have the textual fix.
Will it fix the Trading post to Depeleted Mine problem I got with patch I? I'm using patch H now.

Afforess
May 30, 2010, 02:00 AM
Ready for the longest post in history... Here I go! :p

Patch I Report:

You forgot to add Hashishim entry to main MLF file. It broke my save. But I fortunately understood why and fixed it. But wonder why you didn't add his entry to MLF file yet...

EDIT: Yes, Patch I does indeed break save. After I added back Hashishim, my loading went even more further to less than 1/4 way of the loading bar, then there was a long wait, then Runtime error.

Oh well, here on to a new game...

SECOND EDIT: Well, it is save compatible if I removed Icons folder from Projects/Vincentz. So my game continues but without his cool pics. I can wait for them in the next game :).

So move along because there is nothing to see here.

Hashishim has been added to the MLF with Patch J.

Patch I Report:

Possibly is a old bug that hadn't been noticed before. Anyway, I had been conquering other civs' land. Well, there were three unique buildings that did not show up in hover-over for production, defense, espionage. I'm Chinese, and I even noticed that Pavilion don't show up in culture hover-over. These three buildings were dun (wall replacement), earthworks (forge replacement), and congresshouse (courthouse replacement).

Not really a game breaking bug as long as you know these buildings well or learn about them fast. But it would be more convenient if these unique buildings info were to show up in hover-over.

Fixed with Patch J. It was because the game was using the Player's Civilization Type instead of individual cities.

Hi.

I have RoM 2.91 + AND 1.73 patch I (and nothing else), and it crashes to desktop with runtime error everytime I try to start a new game. I use Custom Game, Giant map with some other options. I don't have a log file, none is generated.

Try using a tiny or duel map, and rule out that it was your PC specs. (Giant Maps are stressful for most PC's)

I get a horribly looking depleted mine with patch I. I think it was a Trading post before - not sure. Definitely not a mine, and resource depletion is off.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8963/civ4screenshot0024.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/civ4screenshot0024.jpg/)
The cursor is at the mine, so the text at the lower left is from that position on the map.
A New Dawn.log:

Strange, Nothing I've done would affect tiles.

Some more things I have noticed. 1.73 patch H.

When selling a building, why not just list the real amount (the 20% amount) of gold that you'll get back for it in the drop down instead of making us do calculate it or wonder why the hell we didn't get the amount listed because we (ok... I ) didn't bother to read the message at the top saying I'd only get 20% back.

Because that would be a good, useful idea. :p

I love playing the Hittites. Their UB is the best, in fact it's overpowered. I refuse to even upgrade them to steel mills (except maybe 1 or 2) because its a net loss for me. Logically, why would access to Iron give a 10% food bonus? That should be dropped, keep the regular production bonus though as it's unique feature.
Yeah, their UB needs to be scaled back, for sure.

Am playing Diety, ruthlesss AI, raging barbarians, start as minors. I am sure it has been said many times, game is still too easy. AI can't build proper economic assisting building ans just mass spams military units until it chokes on them. AI doesn't value writing enough when Start as minors is enabled. In my game, I am about to enter the medieval era (in 1st century AD) and this only after delaying it on purpose by researching every ancient and classical era tech before going after one that would bump me to the medieval era. I am x4 score compare to my best rival, (whom I just recently vassalized, after steamrolling over his hordes of archers and spearmen with heavy swords) I had to wait for the idiot to finally research writing or I would have done in centuries earlier. I've built every wonder of the ancient and classical age except Sun Tzu's, the Collossus, and Chichen Itza.

Start as Minors cripples the AI... don't use it.

Also another odd circumstance, I am on continent A shard w/ 2 AI civs. I have discovered and explored continent B which began w/ 4 AI civs, but spawned 3 more from Barbarians. The only reason I can reach continent B is because I settled a city that had its culture expand out enough to reach the coasts of some islands off Continent B's mainland. So I am the only one that can reach continent B. The AI's on continent B and continent A have no contact with each other. I am the only civ with Alphabet (or was at the time I noticed this) Several of the AI civs on Continent B have developed writing so I can talk to them and have many times, I've never given away contacts. As soon as one of the AI civs on continent AI, develop writing (the one I have been waiting on so I can make them capitulate) the AIs on continent B start demanding that I make peace with this AI. How do they even know of this AI's existence? They can't send explorers over (ocean boundary through my territory), and I've never told them about them.

Bug, definitely a bug. Patch J will have corrected this.

A last thing I have noticed, is when I jump down to a very high tax rate for incomes of 1000+ the amount that I get back on the next term is FAR less that what was predicted. For example I was poised to have +1459 gold to be added to 255 gold in my treasury after dropping down to 0% science. (I wanted to horde some gold to spend on finishing buildings) Yet on the next turn I got 1200 something instead. Where did 400+ of my gold income disappear to? It wasn't road costs that is for sure, not 400 gold worth... nobody stole from my treasury, no one has spies except me, and I should have gotten a message. Inflation? something else? When I pump my science slider back up to get smaller per turn gold gains It does not appear to go missing anymore.

Without a save (and logs) handy, I don't know. Something for sure, but what..., I can't say offhand.

Patch I Report:

I think we may need to tweak Peace Trade a bit more. Several times, civ A asked me to have peace with civ B. I clicked "Yes" choice. No more repeat AI Peace Trade deals, that is good. But the next turn, I'm still in war with civ B! I wait until another civ A to ask me the same thing for another civ B or same B (not relevant), and I responded in affirmative. Again I'm still in war with civ B.

So? The AI hates your war. Tough.

However, I did scale back how often they can demand peace. Mkay? ;)

I have the same problem Robo metioned after applying patch I. My trade market's have been replaced with Depleted mines.

Life is stranger than fiction...

Installed Components:

Indeed. Modding your game pretty much voids any support I can give you, and can cause unpredictable results.

Can I see a screenshot?

When an AI asks you to go to war, it gives you that modifier with the targeted AI for refusing to go to war. It's supposed to be positive tho, not negative.

Really, it's negative? My code should make it positive... IDK how it could be messed up. :(

Nope.

Not much I can do... The game appears to use some hidden EXE function with the initial starting tiles, so it avoids my code altogether. Annoying yes, that's why I added Landmark names to tile hovers too.

Actually, it's an option in the RoM Settings. ;)

I'm stuck in this screen how do I get out of it? It won't let me choose what I want to build in my capitol city and it is setting me back pretty badly!

It's an interface error. Next time it happens, upload your logs folder (provided you turned on python error logging. If not, see Zappara's posts, he details how to do that in their.)

Ah, thank you. :) Didn't realize that was among the changes. The "naming cities" option was concelaed at the bottom of the screen because my BUG window was one line too small and I needed to scroll down.

Yes, the BUG settings page is a veritable gold mine of options. ;)

question i'm using aaranda's religions and need to know if i can install the patch as is or wait and and do a clean install, like i've had to do with each other iteration of AND because of that modmod?

Patchs should be save friendly, so as long as you are using some version of 1.73, just install the patch overtop, no-reinstall necessary. ;)

Confirmed -- seeing the same XP error with all my units. Same specs as previously posted (less the Icons which was preventing the game for loading for me)

Mkay. :p

You guys do remember I have bug report tickets for Sourceforge too? Right? Next time I introduce a big error like this, use that instead of flooding this 3 pages of the same thing over and over. ;)

Afforess
May 30, 2010, 02:01 AM
Will it fix the Trading post to Depeleted Mine problem I got with patch I? I'm using patch H now.

Probably Not. Can I have your save from before Patch I, with logs?

RobO
May 30, 2010, 02:48 AM
Probably Not. Can I have your save from before Patch I, with logs?
I loaded a save (Viggo_986-BC_May-28-2010_23-17-23 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=253857&d=1275142460)) with patch H, played one turn and saved it. Logs and final save enclosed.
I then installed patch J, loaded the original save, and the trading post had become a depleted mine. I saved the game but did not do a turn. This time the depleted mine had proper graphics, but it's still a change I can do without. Logs and final save enclosed.

Do tell if you need more info.

Edit: I've run into a crash with Patch H, so I'm awaiting the result of your investigation with interest. I'm not sure what causes the crash, but it may well be old news as I'm using an old patch.

strategyonly
May 30, 2010, 04:21 AM
OK i had a crash that happened (logscrash) actually twice in same time) then i restarted clearing the cache out with autosave and it proceeded (logsnew) maybe this will help maybe not? If you need the save let me know. This was with patch J. Again always let me know when your done with my attachments, i dont have that much more space, thx.

EDIT: THx for NOT letting me know, about the logs, so i just deleted them!

macadoshis
May 30, 2010, 05:07 AM

Same problem after applying patch I and I have also new negative modifier "You are a Warmongerer!".

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7121/civ4bts20100530125458.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/i/civ4bts20100530125458.jpg/)

os79
May 30, 2010, 05:54 AM
You misunderstood me on Peace Trades. I want them to ask for Peace. I mean I'm still in war with civ B the next turn. That's what I mean. And even worse, one of civ B is at the very bottom of the scoreboard and had the most to gain from ceasing war with me. That is what I mean.

No need to scale down Peace Trades. I like to exploit that frequency :D.

Sinapus
May 30, 2010, 06:19 AM
I'm not certain it's a bug or feature, but I've noticed with the barbarian civs I contact I seem to get a permanent -5 "past events" penalty when I meet them and it doesn't seem to decay. I checked the advanced diplomacy xml files but don't see any entry giving a decay time. Is that a feature, or should I stop complaining until it seems to stick around for 2000 turns?

;-)

Sarkyn
May 30, 2010, 07:11 AM
I'm afraid I'm experiencing a fairly consistent early-game CTD. :/

How do I clear the cache ? (As StrategyOnly suggests he did, above)?

os79
May 30, 2010, 07:57 AM
Patch J Report:

#1 For other players who modified their RoM/AND or even just have Hashim (sp?) Clash of Civ installed, you still need to move Icons from Modules/Projects/Vincentz to safekeeping place until your next game. Unfortunately, it does break savegames for people who don't have pure AND install for whatever reasons.

#2 For Afforess, the Peace Trade is still "bugged". Spain is at war with me for over 50 turns or so and there had been several times when an AI asked me to have peace with Spain. Each time, I said Yes. The next turn Spain is still in war with me. No ceasing at all. And to clarify: Spain did not declare war again.
To make matters worse for Spain is that it is at the bottom part of scoreboard. I have no idea how War Weariness is affecting it but no doubt it is hurting right now.

It doesn't affect me. In fact, I also am at war with Sumeria (third place) and Celtia (formerly at fifth place but steadily sliding down due to my conquests). So I'm not hurt by it.

Blitzred
May 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
I just updated to 1.73, added patch J. Custum install of 1.73, not sure how to upload the log but here's a copy-paste of it:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Historical Wonders} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

I've started a couple custum games, only using the diplomacy, fixed borders, tech diffusion, barbarian generals options. I keep getting Flexible Difficulty enabled too, I reach the top and the difficulty goes up. I don't remember enabling it, or even seeing it as an option anywhere, is there a way to turn it off?

aender
May 30, 2010, 10:00 AM
just a thought:
ever notice how galleons and other transport ships always seem to be the defender even when stacked with frigates or other warships....seems to me rather makes it useless to have the defensive ships in said fleet....maybe a change is needed there...obviously subs and other stealthy ships should be able to pick there own target...at least first one, but anything else the warships shld be able to intercept....i know this is tech a bug forum but its only 1 i'm scribed to atm so i put here

Blackflag421
May 30, 2010, 10:49 AM
Afforess - If you'd prefer bug reports opened as tickets on sourceforge, I'll do that. It's also possible I'm remembering who asked me to war incorrectly and the "-12: You have proven to be committed to peace" is from him asking me to war. Next game I'll watch for that to confirm.

Hittites' UB is strong liek whoa, and germany + celts suck hard. The celts don't even get the benefits of nice UU's.

Edit: Bug or "feature"? When a unit with much XP is upgraded, it retains its level but loses most of the XP. Example: I created a heavy swordsman and gave him 111 XP. Exited worldbuilder, upgraded to infantry, now he has 25 XP.

This is in Patch I, I'll check it on patch J in a bit when I download it.

Sinapus
May 30, 2010, 11:55 AM
Edit: Bug or "feature"? When a unit with much XP is upgraded, it retains its level but loses most of the XP. Example: I created a heavy swordsman and gave him 111 XP. Exited worldbuilder, upgraded to infantry, now he has 25 XP.

Definitely a feature. The flag is in GlobalDefines as "max xp after upgrade" or similar.

Retrospect
May 30, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hi, I no longer have internet access as i've moved house so sorry if these bugs have already been reported.

Playing 1.73 patch G

Noticed equestrians guild does not provide horses as stated

Some of the mouse overs for buildings are displaying strange values. Health sometimes shows up on actual as saying plus 3 healthiness minus one unhealthiness, also in some cities a building will display a negative :commerce: icon when there are no adverse affects to that building. Sorry I can't be more specific but there is something definatley weird going on with the mouseovers.

Renewable recources such as pigs and corn are still depleting. (with depletion turned on)

Love the guilds, they are a fine addition (i believe dancing hoskuld is to be applauded for that? and obviously afforess)

Edit: oh and tech diffusion isn't diffusing.... although i think you're already aware of that

Jonoth
May 30, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hi, love your mod which is why this bug is all the more upsetting...:(

I am in the medieval era in my game and I cannot load save games any longer (it causes a CTD). I have no mods (other than yours) and I have performed a clean install with the latest patch J. None of this has worked. I tried turning all the settings all the way down but the saves still don't load.

I can load this save game:

But five turns later the save is not loadable, and I am not sure what is causing it:

I can continue to play but eventually the game will CTD and none of the saves I make around or after 1180 A.D. work.

Here is the log:

I hope all this information helps and thank you for your time.

Dancing Hoskuld
May 30, 2010, 04:27 PM
I just updated to 1.73, added patch J. Custum install of 1.73, not sure how to upload the log but here's a copy-paste of it:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Historical Wonders} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

I've started a couple custum games, only using the diplomacy, fixed borders, tech diffusion, barbarian generals options. I keep getting Flexible Difficulty enabled too, I reach the top and the difficulty goes up. I don't remember enabling it, or even seeing it as an option anywhere, is there a way to turn it off?

It is on by default. To turn it off go to the BUG options screen Ctrl-Alt-O the RoM settings tab.

Dancing Hoskuld
May 30, 2010, 04:30 PM
Love the guilds, they are a fine addition (i believe dancing hoskuld is to be applauded for that? and obviously afforess)

Not mine, blame/praise Vincentz ;)

Blitzred
May 30, 2010, 06:21 PM
It is on by default. To turn it off go to the BUG options screen Ctrl-Alt-O the RoM settings tab.

Thanks, didn't realize that.

Alsark
May 30, 2010, 07:42 PM
I've run into two bugs (using patch H):

1) When I turn off Increasing Difficulty from the options at the start of the game, it's still on regardless. I have to turn it off via the BUG Mod through the Flexible Difficulty option.

2) This goes somewhat hand-in-hand with bug #1. When I'm playing online, and I use the BUG Mod to turn off the Flexible Difficulty option, my brother, who I was playing with, still said his difficulty was changing - or at the very least, he said he received the text saying it changed (whether it actually did or not I do not know).

And... not really a bug, but... when another civilization declares war on me, I get a -2 with them for "kicking them ambassadors out". Aren't they kind of kicking themselves out by declaring war on me? Why am I getting a relationship penalty on top of the relationship penalty for being at war for something that they did themselves? I had a game where I declared war on Greece and immediately four other civilizations DoWed me (and by the time I'd make peace with three of them, the last one would ask three more people to DoW me). Essentially, I was constantly hated because the "-2 You kicked out our ambassadors!" was preventing me from any sort of diplomacy, trade, or open borders.

Scarlet_King
May 31, 2010, 01:06 AM

1) When I turn off Increasing Difficulty from the options at the start of the game, it's still on regardless. I have to turn it off via the BUG Mod through the Flexible Difficulty option.

2) This goes somewhat hand-in-hand with bug #1. When I'm playing online, and I use the BUG Mod to turn off the Flexible Difficulty option, my brother, who I was playing with, still said his difficulty was changing - or at the very least, he said he received the text saying it changed (whether it actually did or not I do not know).

And... not really a bug, but... when another civilization declares war on me, I get a -2 with them for "kicking them ambassadors out". Aren't they kind of kicking themselves out by declaring war on me? Why am I getting a relationship penalty on top of the relationship penalty for being at war for something that they did themselves? I had a game where I declared war on Greece and immediately four other civilizations DoWed me (and by the time I'd make peace with three of them, the last one would ask three more people to DoW me). Essentially, I was constantly hated because the "-2 You kicked out our ambassadors!" was preventing me from any sort of diplomacy, trade, or open borders.

Are you playing with Ruthless AI? Because the AI loves turning border skirmishes to continent-wide wars.

os79
May 31, 2010, 04:22 AM

#1 Increasing Difficulty and Flexible Difficulty are TWO SEPARATE THINGS! You are responsible for turning them off. Increasing Diff is already off by default. Only Flexible Diff is on by default. You should turn that off. So this is no bug report :).

#2 Afforess, if enough complaints of similar flavor to the above come up over and over, you may just consider turning Flexible Diff in Config xml file off and tell players to turn on Flexible Diff in-game themselves :).

os79
May 31, 2010, 07:35 AM
Please update SVN Trunk to Patch J.

I ask because I need the sources. I have the consistent CTD and want to attach to process so I can get screenshot of the code that caused CTD.

Thank you :).

Alsark
May 31, 2010, 11:30 AM
Are you playing with Ruthless AI? Because the AI loves turning border skirmishes to continent-wide wars.

Nope, I'm not even playing with Aggressive AI... as far as I know. I was playing on Earth Scenario, standard, with 23 civilizations - so unless it's on by default for that scenario then I was just playing with normal AI.

#1 Increasing Difficulty and Flexible Difficulty are TWO SEPARATE THINGS! You are responsible for turning them off. Increasing Diff is already off by default. Only Flexible Diff is on by default. You should turn that off. So this is no bug report :).

Uh... well what's the difference? The fact that my difficulty is increasing as I play pretty much means that increasing difficulty is turned on, even if it's labeled as "flexible difficulty". Granted, I realize that flexible difficulty can also make the difficulty decrease, but the two features seem so similar that it's odd to have them labeled as two separate things.

No matter how you look at it, though, #2 is still an issue. I can turn off the flexible difficulty on my end via the BUG menu online (being the host), but it's grayed out for my brother... so his difficulty usually ends up going down (or at least he says it does), and then he complains because he says he wants to "beat me fair and square", and can't do that when he's playing on Warlord and I'm on Noble.

Scarlet_King
May 31, 2010, 12:10 PM
Uh... well what's the difference? The fact that my difficulty is increasing as I play pretty much means that increasing difficulty is turned on, even if it's labeled as "flexible difficulty". Granted, I realize that flexible difficulty can also make the difficulty decrease, but the two features seem so similar that it's odd to have them labeled as two separate things.

Flexible difficulty will lower the difficulty if you're not doing too hot in the game. Increasing difficulty just keeps increasing it, even if you're at the bottom of the barrel. It's not odd to keep them separate but it seems odd to have them both on at the same time.

Alsark
May 31, 2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe turn Flexible Difficulty into a game option rather than have it be part of the BUG Mod, then? As I mentioned, it seems to cause problems online, since only the host can disable it and it still seems to affect the other players even if the host disables it.

Also, I realize whipping was disabled... yet the Manor and Sacrificial Altar still affect whipping. Maybe have the Sacrificial Altar add +2 happiness for the Slave Market and the Manor add +1 happiness for the Slave Market?

os79
May 31, 2010, 02:32 PM
Maybe turn Flexible Difficulty into a game option rather than have it be part of the BUG Mod, then? As I mentioned, it seems to cause problems online, since only the host can disable it and it still seems to affect the other players even if the host disables it.

It was a game option before. Better to have it be modified for multiplayer if it read MP from the game. Afforess will figure it out. I like FD staying in BUG options because the other tweakings in there along with turning on/off FD is way more convenient than editing globaldefines file :).

Afforess
May 31, 2010, 05:03 PM
Please update SVN Trunk to Patch J.

I ask because I need the sources. I have the consistent CTD and want to attach to process so I can get screenshot of the code that caused CTD.

Thank you :).

I lost power due to a severe storm. It should be up-to-date now.

I can turn off the flexible difficulty on my end via the BUG menu online (being the host), but it's grayed out for my brother... so his difficulty usually ends up going down (or at least he says it does), and then he complains because he says he wants to "beat me fair and square", and can't do that when he's playing on Warlord and I'm on Noble.

Flexible Difficulty is a game-wide setting, not a player-by-player setting. I may change that in the future though, when MP becomes officially supported.

Blackflag421
May 31, 2010, 05:49 PM
On the hover text for GGs, my GG has morale 1-4 and Initiative 1, but the reduced revolt risk (100%) doesn't show on the hover text. I can attach a screen/save if needed, unless this is WAI and the revolt risk reduction isn't supposed to be displayed.

Afforess
May 31, 2010, 05:50 PM
No screenshot or save nessecary, I believe you. I'll fix it in the next patch.

os79
May 31, 2010, 07:17 PM
I got the sources and compiled Release dll. It only gave me .exe failure, no code.

So I compiled Debug and attached the process again just in case and also to get Asserts.

Assert Failed

File: CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 23527
Expression: canMove()

Assert Failed

Line: 15524

Assert Failed

Line: 15609

The asserts in the spoiler were only useful stuff I got from my debugging. They are of course the asserts in the turn when it CTD. Not from any other times I had Asserts. :) If they don't help, then I don't know what to do.

Afforess
May 31, 2010, 08:54 PM
Last resort is to upload your entire RoM folder to a big free hosting service, and give me the link. I can download it a debug it then.

Khadras
May 31, 2010, 11:13 PM
Hi! I played a duel map in hotseat mode with 2 players. I have AND 1.73i. After the first battle i see at all units, my units and enemy units as well, a very big value at experience points, and counting in real time mode without push end turn button. Something like 168744876908/10. I save the game and i quit the map. I entered again and experience was 5/10. After a battle, the experience was up again, and counting in real time mode, for me and for all the units on the map. It is strange!!!:confused:

Afforess
May 31, 2010, 11:28 PM
Hi! I played a duel map in hotseat mode with 2 players. I have AND 1.73i. After the first battle i see at all units, my units and enemy units as well, a very big value at experience points, and counting in real time mode without push end turn button. Something like 168744876908/10. I save the game and i quit the map. I entered again and experience was 5/10. After a battle, the experience was up again, and counting in real time mode, for me and for all the units on the map. It is strange!!!:confused:

It's already fixed in patch J.

Khadras
May 31, 2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks! I did't know.

os79
Jun 01, 2010, 07:05 AM
Last resort is to upload your entire RoM folder to a big free hosting service, and give me the link. I can download it a debug it then.

Indeed, this is the last resort. So here is the link to AtomicGamer page (http://atomicgamer.com/files/86389/temporary-upload-of-my-mod) with that file. It is 1.1 GB of rar file that uncompress into over 2 gb RoM.

Then the attachment here is the savegame you need to see the CTD.

Please let me know when you done with it so I can delete AG file. :)

dudeSDCA
Jun 01, 2010, 08:53 AM
It's already fixed in patch J.

Thanks again Afforess for all the patches and quick turnarounds!!!! Playing with patch J and since the patches have been save-game compatible, this is the longest I've played a game in a long time, and I think it's the best game I've played of Civ 4 in, well, ever!! :D

fieldman
Jun 01, 2010, 05:13 PM
I am playing with patch J and have a few possible bugs to report.

When a civ is destroyed, fixed borders locks some land plots under the old civ, and some squares are very difficult to . Eg. I have had one land plot locked in the middle of my empire for hundreds of years under an old civ name, and I cant "capture" it nor influence it by culture.

After patch J, my trade posts were changed into fishing icons! I built new improvements on them, since the city manager rarely ulilizes them anyway.

I have also noticed that Inquisitors cannot be built anymore, but have not yet tested if reverting back into Intolerant civic post patch will fix it. (I was intolerant when the patch was applied).

I do use Gigantic map.

Edit: Inquisitors was re-enabled upon changing back to Intolerant civic. Note. If you patch over a saved game while Intolerant, you may need to recycle civic.

Killtech
Jun 01, 2010, 06:08 PM
evidently there is an issue with trading post changing into strange other improvements. is seems it's not as much your patches then some fault in the trade post XML. maybe a XML tag is used twice and miraculously loading order is changed after patching which might result in this behavior. it's just my guess.

vincentz
Jun 02, 2010, 01:19 AM
evidently there is an issue with trading post changing into strange other improvements. is seems it's not as much your patches then some fault in the trade post XML. maybe a XML tag is used twice and miraculously loading order is changed after patching which might result in this behavior. it's just my guess.

It happens only in savegames and if the load order of the improvements is changed.

RobO
Jun 02, 2010, 03:39 AM
It happens only in savegames and if the load order of the improvements is changed.
Will it be fixed in the next patch?

Afforess
Jun 02, 2010, 03:47 AM

But the only difference between Patches I and H were the icons, and I checked your XML, and it didn't add or modify anything new....

wait...

Okay, I figured it out. I moved Vincentz folder in the MLF load order. I bet that made trading posts load earlier than they should have. My bad, I'll fix it (or you can fix it manually) in the next patch...

MasterJoKeR
Jun 02, 2010, 02:49 PM
ive got a problem,everytime i try to start a new game i get a Runtime Error message [Jun 02, 2010 - 13:37:09] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement PS ive only got Windows XP32

Blackflag421
Jun 02, 2010, 04:33 PM
Afforess, the AI city placement seems to have improved. While it still often picks suboptimal spots, I'm not seeing any spots that make me go WTF in my current game and some of them are actually really nice.

This is in the bug reports thread because this must be a bug, the AI NEVER picks good city spots. The blue circle is a lie.

Killtech
Jun 02, 2010, 05:42 PM
Afforess, what did you change on the AI city location weighting function. did you fix the AI cosnidering 37 workable plots when placing a city (explanation for other: AI assumes a 3 tile city radius when placing cities). or have you just increased the search radius for new city locations?

Killtech
Jun 02, 2010, 05:44 PM
Afforess, what did you change on the AI city location weighting function. did you fix the AI cosnidering 37 workable plots when placing a city (explanation for other: AI assumes a 3 tile city radius when placing cities). or have you just increased the search radius for new city locations? i didn't check your latest changes, that's why i ask.