View Full Version : A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

os79
Jun 02, 2010, 06:03 PM
Had you figured out why my savegame CTD in the next turn yet? Will it be fixable in next patch or do I have to start over again?

Thanks again for taking time to figure this out :).

Blackflag421
Jun 02, 2010, 09:39 PM
Sometimes the Tailor Shop shows an Actual effect of +1 :) and -2 :commerce: in my current game, with sheep, fur, and cow as resources. Sometimes it shows +2 :commerce:. I'll attach screens in a bit, since I'm posting this on my laptop.

Edit: Haven't bothered to post screens cuz I'm playing, but now that I have another Fur resource the Tailor Shop is giving -4 :commerce:... and in a different city, it's giving +2 :commerce:.

Vavdichal
Jun 02, 2010, 10:31 PM
Hello,

Got the following Python Exception.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 361, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "RevEvents", line 127, in onEndGameTurn
File "RevEvents", line 1090, in checkForAssimilation
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'secCultPlayer' referenced before assignment

Killtech
Jun 03, 2010, 12:13 AM
Sometimes the Tailor Shop shows an Actual effect of +1 :) and -2 :commerce: in my current game, with sheep, fur, and cow as resources. Sometimes it shows +2 :commerce:. I'll attach screens in a bit, since I'm posting this on my laptop.

Edit: Haven't bothered to post screens cuz I'm playing, but now that I have another Fur resource the Tailor Shop is giving -4 :commerce:... and in a different city, it's giving +2 :commerce:.

it's not a bug. tailor replaces the weavers which gives a static commerce bonus whereas the tailor gives small percentage bonus. i think in a smaller city which has an income of something less then 20 commerce you will lose commerce through upgrading. not sure on the exact values though. you need to check the pedia.

Afforess
Jun 03, 2010, 02:04 AM
ive got a problem,everytime i try to start a new game i get a Runtime Error message [Jun 02, 2010 - 13:37:09] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement PS ive only got Windows XP32

Are you playing BTS?

Afforess, what did you change on the AI city location weighting function. did you fix the AI cosnidering 37 workable plots when placing a city (explanation for other: AI assumes a 3 tile city radius when placing cities). or have you just increased the search radius for new city locations?

No, thanks for the reminder.

Hello,

Got the following Python Exception.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 361, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "RevEvents", line 127, in onEndGameTurn
File "RevEvents", line 1090, in checkForAssimilation
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'secCultPlayer' referenced before assignment

Thanks, an easy bug to fix. ;)

MasterJoKeR
Jun 03, 2010, 11:58 AM
Are you playing BTS? well now i have an even BIGGER problem:when i stop one game and try to start another i get an MAF.:badcomp:

NBAfan
Jun 03, 2010, 12:13 PM
Try reseting the game, it will work then.

Scarlet_King
Jun 03, 2010, 01:20 PM
Why doesn't the AI like researching Archery? I'm seeing AI that have already hit currency but won't touch archery.

MasterJoKeR
Jun 03, 2010, 07:24 PM
Try reseting the game, it will work then. How do i do that?

digitCruncher
Jun 03, 2010, 08:21 PM
Instead of loading one game when you are playing another (which means that the Civ IV engine loads both games simultaniously. If this goes over the memory allocated to Civ IV, it generates a MAF error), exit Civ IV, and reload the other game.

So, instead of playing one game, and going esc -> Load Game -> Second game.

Go esc -> Exit Civilisation IV -> Open Civilisation IV -> Load a Mod -> Rise of Mankind -> Load game -> Second Game.

This is longer, but you only need to do it if you have low RAM (in which case RoM is not for you anyway), or if you are playing very very late-game (Modern era-ish on Large maps or bigger). You can save the steps 4 and 5 by forcing Civilisation IV to load the mod directly by either changing the CivIV.ini file, or changing the shortcut properties of the icon on the desktop. (There are guides on the site on how to load a mod automatically, if you search)

vincentz
Jun 04, 2010, 04:56 AM
I get python error on startup sometimes.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=254335&stc=1&d=1275648951

dudeSDCA
Jun 04, 2010, 09:11 AM
Ok, kind of strange.
I clicked on the banner of one of my cities (allowing me to edit the queue without opening up the city screen), and added (using ctr+click) a few units. I did this in 3 cities. I then opened up my city list and saw that it had added that same queue in half my cities (but only on the same continent).

Easy to fix (remove the units), but I can't figure out how this happened to make sure I don't accidentally do it again?
Thx in advance! :-)

vincentz
Jun 04, 2010, 10:28 AM
Ok, kind of strange.
I clicked on the banner of one of my cities (allowing me to edit the queue without opening up the city screen), and added (using ctr+click) a few units. I did this in 3 cities. I then opened up my city list and saw that it had added that same queue in half my cities (but only on the same continent).

Easy to fix (remove the units), but I can't figure out how this happened to make sure I don't accidentally do it again?
Thx in advance! :-)

If you hold ALT+ click on city bar you select ALL your cities.
If you hold CTLR + click on city bar you select ALL CONTINENT cities.

Very nice when you need to build Modern Granary in 30+ cities ;)

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 04, 2010, 02:39 PM
I get python error on startup sometimes.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=254335&stc=1&d=1275648951

I also get this sometimes but not always.

Btw playing with patch J and the missionaries are behaving themselves again - Thanks :)

dudeSDCA
Jun 04, 2010, 07:00 PM
If you hold ALT+ click on city bar you select ALL your cities.
If you hold CTLR + click on city bar you select ALL CONTINENT cities.

Very nice when you need to build Modern Granary in 30+ cities ;)

learn something new everyday...THANKS!

aender
Jun 04, 2010, 07:53 PM
i think it was civ3, but clda been eary in civ4 when explorers, both land and sea, wld stop auto exploring when no areas remained to explore. it wld be nice to see this ahgain....scts and such aren't big deal but chasing 10 caravel or more down when map is full is a pain

HbHadast
Jun 05, 2010, 06:26 AM
Hello Afforess,

This is HbHadast... I lost my previous account due to inactivity. :mad: I'm not sure if you still remember me but I really need to talk to you about scripting.

Can you send me your e-mail in a PM?

Thank you.

cha dawn
Jun 05, 2010, 02:23 PM
In a new game with the latest patch, I built the pyramids,but get no free irrigation canals. Is this a new bug ?

I have cities near a river.

edit : looking the next day to the game the free irrigation are effective but listed on the buiding list. So after all everything o.k.

os79
Jun 05, 2010, 02:28 PM
In a new game with the latest patch, I built the pyramids,but get no free irrigation canals. Is this a new bug ?

The rule for what Irrigation Canals require still applies so if you don't have river in your city area, you don't get IC :).

Blackflag421
Jun 05, 2010, 04:17 PM

I have cities near a river.

I built the pyramids in my game running the latest patch, and I have free irrigation canals.

StormLord-711-
Jun 05, 2010, 04:45 PM
I am getting a consistent CTD:

I am at the point in the game where map trading has just become available. Whenever I trade a map, everything is fine in-game, but when I save that game and reload it, I get the CTD (every time I do any sort of map trade as far as I can tell).

I hope this can get fixed because I am playing the most interesting game I've ever played, on the most awesome map ever, with one of the best modmods out there. :D

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
1.73 [J]

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows [7]

Here's a working save before the map trade and a bad save right after it (I'm not even sure if a corrupted save is useful but I'll attach it anyway). There is no difference between them except for that the bad save was after trading for an AI's map. (Or if you like you could always load the good save and do the trade yourself and see if you get the same behavior as I'm getting.)

NOTE: The server didn't let me upload the files since they were bigger than 2 mb (sorry- this is a Giant map in the late 18th century :mischief:), so I changed the extension to .ace as a workaround. (Of course, just change them back to .CivBeyondSwordSave to get working saves.)

Thanks.

EDIT: And let me know if you need any logs or anything. ;)

Afforess
Jun 05, 2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks, StormLord-711-. I'll take a look at your saves and see what I can do. ;)

bosstone
Jun 05, 2010, 09:26 PM
I know this was addressed in some earlier threads but I noticed that my GG are not gaining experience. I did have the Dynamic XP and Battlefield Promotions settings on for a while, but now they are off. Is it possible to change them mid-game and have them revert to the older XP gain pattern?

Blackflag421
Jun 05, 2010, 09:59 PM
All the options in the BUG screen are changed as soon as you click/unclick them. Dynamic XP and Battlefield promotions are in the BUG screen.

Asterix Rage
Jun 06, 2010, 12:52 AM
The bug is :

Until 1951_April not any bug incident occured. Then I pressed the red button and never i was able to see what happen next. The computer is not frezzed but seemed to loop forever !!!
I try to reload at few turn back and change all the events but nothing change. 1951 is definitly the year where the code loop.

My first experience of A new down ModMod and the most challenging game ever !!! Great work anyway

The details :

A New Dawn.log :

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Civ 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

The Patch :
1.73I

Darken24
Jun 06, 2010, 07:43 AM
when ever i go to the sit rep in the military screen i get
also i don't know what it is with me and the ocean critters spawning on land but now i got land whales i was using the Smart Map
both of these were on patch J

os79
Jun 06, 2010, 07:59 AM
also i don't know what it is with me and the ocean critters spawning on land but now i got land whales i was using the Smart Map

Did you select Crazy Placement Resources? If so, then there :), not AND's fault.

bosstone
Jun 06, 2010, 09:06 AM
I did make the modifications in BUG and it still hasn't changed the behaviors of the XP gains. None of my units, GG or otherwise, are earning any experience even for beating other nation's forces.

Darken24
Jun 06, 2010, 11:57 AM
Did you select Crazy Placement Resources? If so, then there :), not AND's fault.
probably but i thought afforess fixed that after my shrimp issue

also barbarians are still pillaging even though i've got the Hijemi Samurai Castle's
i'm also getting no points towards GGs from barbarians anymore
using spy stuff does not cost the correct amount of espionage points foe example it says it cost 320 but it really costs 430

giffy
Jun 06, 2010, 01:01 PM
AA Missile Defense is always missing its icon (its just a pink box) and when I click on it to build it the game crashes. Any thoughts?

Tried a full reinstall, but no luck.

Log file:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Better RoM} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

Afforess
Jun 06, 2010, 01:45 PM
when ever i go to the sit rep in the military screen i get
both of these were on patch J

The military screen issue is an issue with the RoM mod (as I haven't altered it) and Zappara is already aware of it. He will likely fix it in the next patch. As for the odd resource placements, I would need to know your EXACT SmartMap settings before I can tell if it is a bug or feature. ;)

I did make the modifications in BUG and it still hasn't changed the behaviors of the XP gains. None of my units, GG or otherwise, are earning any experience even for beating other nation's forces.

Post a save and your A New Dawn.log file and I will take a look.

also barbarians are still pillaging even though i've got the Hijemi Samurai Castle's
Hijemi's castle doesn't block pillaging, it just blocks enemies from profiting from pillaging. Fairly useless IMHO.
i'm also getting no points towards GGs from barbarians anymore
Make sure your units haven't reached the XP cap for barbarians (40 XP). If your units receive no XP, you will not gain GG points.
using spy stuff does not cost the correct amount of espionage points foe example it says it cost 320 but it really costs 430

I need more proof of a bug. Do you have a screenshot of where it shows the difference for the before and after # of Esp. points you had? A before save would be helpful too.

AA Missile Defense is always missing its icon (its just a pink box) and when I click on it to build it the game crashes. Any thoughts?

Tried a full reinstall, but no luck.

Log file:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Better RoM} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

Sounds like a bad or incomplete install. Try running the installer again.

giffy
Jun 06, 2010, 02:02 PM
Afforess,

I've done a full reinstall and no change. Is there a way I could check and see if the necessary art and other files are present?

Thanks!

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 06, 2010, 02:21 PM
Afforess,

I've done a full reinstall and no change. Is there a way I could check and see if the necessary art and other files are present?

Thanks!

Does it show up properly in the pedia?

Ophryon
Jun 06, 2010, 02:27 PM
More fun with Fish Traps:
I have 2 cities with the Shrimp resource and Fish Traps built. When a barbarian galley trade-blocked Shrimp in one city, it disabled the Fish Traps in both cities. After I killed the barbarian, both towns got their Fish Traps back. Your new alert messages worked perfectly in both cases (which is how I knew the problem happened; probably never would have noticed otherwise!)

This is a new game with a fresh install of Patch J, no other mods, not a continuation of the earlier game where I had Fish Trap problems. Thanks!
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

giffy
Jun 06, 2010, 03:10 PM
Does it show up properly in the pedia?

Just checked and the icon is pinked out there too. As is Anti-missile railgun and laser auto-defenses.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 06, 2010, 03:26 PM
Just checked and the icon is pinked out there too. As is Anti-missile railgun and laser auto-defenses.

This means that the install was corupted - as is that word or my spelling /typing ;). Try downloading AND and patches and reinstalling over RoM 2.91.

giffy
Jun 06, 2010, 04:15 PM
This means that the install was corupted - as is that word or my spelling /typing ;). Try downloading AND and patches and reinstalling over RoM 2.91.

Did that just before I posted. Deleted the ROM folder. Installed 2.91, then AND, then the latest patch. I am wondering if maybe it is something with the configuration I am using when I install...

Sinapus
Jun 06, 2010, 11:07 PM
I've noticed the pink squares for the anti-missile railgun and laser as well. Will try a full reinstall and see if it vanishes.

Iceciro
Jun 06, 2010, 11:12 PM
Must have something to do with the options because my AA missile defense shows up/works fine.

Sinapus
Jun 07, 2010, 12:57 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not at home so I can't give the exact items I have installed yet.

Drat. I had about 600 turns in my snail game. Might have to start over.

Sinapus
Jun 07, 2010, 01:02 AM
Just went over to Sourceforge and looked at the 1.73 install files. Noticed that under "BetterROM" the art tag for the PROJECT_MISSILE_RAILGUN entry points to "Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/AntiMissile_Railgun.dds" which may mean the nukes mod, which I don't have installed. That could be it. Will have to check when I get home.

Sinapus
Jun 07, 2010, 01:04 AM
Ooo... PROJECT_MISSILE_DEFENCE_I and II also point to Civ_Fuehrer's directory. I'll have to go confirm if I have that directory or not and if not, that might be the problem.

Edit: If this is the problem I'm hoping I can just download the exact directory with just the .dds files that appear to be missing and nothing else and get away with that and not have to restart the game. I've put about three days into my current game.

Edit2: Confirmed.

My AND log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Civic Buildings} {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows 7

With that, there is no "Civ_Fuehrer" directory with the install I used. Not sure if that's a problem with my particular install or if it's a small thing that was overlooked. I don't use Advanced Nukes so it's probably the reason if it's not a glitch with my install.

Oogh. Looks like the text entries are pointing to files that don't exist either. :eek:

Edit3: :aargh: Savegames won't load. Oh well, I'll start over.

giffy
Jun 07, 2010, 07:25 AM
Just went over to Sourceforge and looked at the 1.73 install files. Noticed that under "BetterROM" the art tag for the PROJECT_MISSILE_RAILGUN entry points to "Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/AntiMissile_Railgun.dds" which may mean the nukes mod, which I don't have installed. That could be it. Will have to check when I get home.

I don't use the nuke mod either.

Shame on the saved game. I have a good one going right now and don't really want to lose it, but am getting a crash after my current turn that I think is related to the AI trying to build one of them.

Thanks for figuring out what was up.

Sinapus
Jun 07, 2010, 08:07 AM
I don't use the nuke mod either.

Shame on the saved game. I have a good one going right now and don't really want to lose it, but am getting a crash after my current turn that I think is related to the AI trying to build one of them.

Thanks for figuring out what was up.

Well, I didn't actually do the reinstall I mentioned earlier. Thought I'd try checking things and then manually loading the dds files in the correct directories. The game will load fine that way, but again it messes up the current savegames I have. Oh well.

OwieB2003
Jun 07, 2010, 02:12 PM
Search is timing out for me on the forums so I apologize if this is already covered, but the icon for "claim territory" when fixed borders are enabled is just a magenta block.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 07, 2010, 05:06 PM
Search is timing out for me on the forums so I apologize if this is already covered, but the icon for "claim territory" when fixed borders are enabled is just a magenta block.

This means that the art files are missing or the XML is pointing to the wrong place. Since the XML and dds file are both in the same directory this suggests a bad download or incomplete installation error. Which version of AND are you using?

OwieB2003
Jun 07, 2010, 06:42 PM
Um... 1.73J. And HAND 1.2. Wasn't sure if this was a HAND issue or an AND issue as this was the first game I tried with both HAND and Fixed Borders, and search was timing out. Heh.

Arakhor
Jun 08, 2010, 04:22 AM
When Flexible or Increasing Difficulty raises or lowers the difficulty, I'd like a pop-up message to tell me this. It used to early on but now it never does any more.

egogo
Jun 08, 2010, 06:52 AM
I got a big problem with A New Dawn and i wonder if anyone else has the same problem or not? Since i installed AND, i have played like tens of different games, and in none of them, the timing of the eras are correct. Let me make it clear for you. The civs go far more technological than they should be. They start havin infantries in the 1500s, they research photography in 1600s, or have pre-dreadnoughts in these times. When i make the game easier, then i start to exceed my era in an exagerrated way. All the features of AND are nice but i must say, timing could not be properly done.
Any suggestions about this? Do i do something wrong? I think this is one of the most important features of the game for a playable reality.

Asterix Rage
Jun 08, 2010, 07:17 AM
I got a big problem with A New Dawn and i wonder if anyone else has the same problem or not? Since i installed AND, i have played like tens of different games, and in none of them, the timing of the eras are correct. Let me make it clear for you. The civs go far more technological than they should be. They start havin infantries in the 1500s, they research photography in 1600s, or have pre-dreadnoughts in these times. When i make the game easier, then i start to exceed my era in an exagerrated way. All the features of AND are nice but i must say, timing could not be properly done.
Any suggestions about this? Do i do something wrong? I think this is one of the most important features of the game for a playable reality.

You play so well man than you go ahead the reality. That's it
Seriously, All the Civ versions do that. The thing is : A player like you or me focus on the science breakthrough more than something else ... like fun, dream, drink, job, sex, art, sport, shopping and sleep :cool:

I suggest you play with the snail3000 option to experience a very long way before to reach gunpowder.

FriskyBuddha
Jun 08, 2010, 07:26 AM
The fog of war seems to be having problems, sometimes a unit will be on a tile and the fog still doesn't lift

sometimes random tiles around the world will be lit

Killtech
Jun 08, 2010, 08:33 AM

You play so well man than you go ahead the reality. That's it
Seriously, All the Civ versions do that. The thing is : A player like you or me focus on the science breakthrough more than something else ... like fun, dream, drink, job, sex, art, sport, shopping and sleep :cool:

I suggest you play with the snail3000 option to experience a very long way before to reach gunpowder.

no, it's a general issue. it has comes from commerce overproduction that permanently speeds up the game. so lets say you start on snail speed then at transhuman era the game will already progress as fast as on epic speed (research won't take longer then 5 turns and production of units will be even down to one turn due to production bonuses).

i think that if you play optimal and on fixed noble difficulty it is possible to reach future tech in about half of the available game turns (i.e. after 1500 turns on snail). so there is definitely an issue but it is hard to fix this. it requires a rebalancing and reworking all buildings and improvements to turn down yields to adequate levels for each era. also there is a lack of civics to control commerce yield in large empires. so the larger your empire is the faster the game goes.

currently i'm working on some building changes but it will take some time until i have figured out how to balance them.

os79
Jun 08, 2010, 10:50 AM
AND 1.73J Report:

Wow! Just wow :)! This is the most stable and playable game I had ever played for a long time! I'm currently in very late Industrial era (in fact I'm surprised it isn't modern yet, but possibly one or two techs left to research before turning into Modern Era). I am in a good long war with Napoleon. He have 1.1 power ratio against me but have more than double the numbers of my cities so he is a challenge. He took over two cities from me (one city was his though so no great loss yet :D). I fortunately figured out how to have my early fighters up and active in time to save my latest threatened city. Now my empire is slowly being defended by both land and air units.

So, basically what I'm saying is this: you did a great job! Maybe one more or so patch(es) left :goodjob:.

Only one strong recommendation if everyone else agrees. If they don't agree, then oh well.. Here it is: turn on Fighter Active Defense in RevDCM tab in Contrib folder so we have it on by default. Even AI can use it because it is like WarPrizes purely automatic. It is a great feature :D. A lot better than Opportunity Fire because OF is a bit too overpowered but Active Fighter Defense is about right :D. But up to you. I myself will have it on always from now and on.

Darken24
Jun 08, 2010, 10:54 AM
As for the odd resource placements, I would need to know your EXACT SmartMap settings before I can tell if it is a bug or feature. ;)
As os79 said its probably the SmartMap crazy placement
Hijemi's castle doesn't block pillaging, it just blocks enemies from profiting from pillaging. Fairly useless IMHO.
wow can't beleive i never noticed that before

Make sure your units haven't reached the XP cap for barbarians (40 XP). If your units receive no XP, you will not gain GG points.
nope they are still leveling up from barbs but the GG meter has said i still need 117 the entire time

I need more proof of a bug. Do you have a screenshot of where it shows the difference for the before and after # of Esp. points you had?

screen shots below

MasterJoKeR
Jun 08, 2010, 12:26 PM
Instead of loading one game when you are playing another (which means that the Civ IV engine loads both games simultaniously. If this goes over the memory allocated to Civ IV, it generates a MAF error), exit Civ IV, and reload the other game.

So, instead of playing one game, and going esc -> Load Game -> Second game.

Go esc -> Exit Civilisation IV -> Open Civilisation IV -> Load a Mod -> Rise of Mankind -> Load game -> Second Game.

This is longer, but you only need to do it if you have low RAM (in which case RoM is not for you anyway), or if you are playing very very late-game (Modern era-ish on Large maps or bigger). You can save the steps 4 and 5 by forcing Civilisation IV to load the mod directly by either changing the CivIV.ini file, or changing the shortcut properties of the icon on the desktop. (There are guides on the site on how to load a mod automatically, if you search)

How much RAM do i need to play? Ive got 3.85GB:confused:

Afforess
Jun 08, 2010, 12:55 PM
MasterJoker, have you activated the 3GB switch for Civ? If you are using a 32bit windows, Civ only uses 2GB of RAM, you will need to manually adjust that. There is a tutorial in the RoM forum.

Darken24,

I will need a save to fix the GG problem, however, I did find the cause of the Espionage point discrepancy. I'll fix that in the next patch.

egogo
Jun 08, 2010, 01:11 PM
no, it's a general issue. it has comes from commerce overproduction that permanently speeds up the game. so lets say you start on snail speed then at transhuman era the game will already progress as fast as on epic speed (research won't take longer then 5 turns and production of units will be even down to one turn due to production bonuses).

i think that if you play optimal and on fixed noble difficulty it is possible to reach future tech in about half of the available game turns (i.e. after 1500 turns on snail). so there is definitely an issue but it is hard to fix this. it requires a rebalancing and reworking all buildings and improvements to turn down yields to adequate levels for each era. also there is a lack of civics to control commerce yield in large empires. so the larger your empire is the faster the game goes.

currently i'm working on some building changes but it will take some time until i have figured out how to balance them.

Humorous quote Asreix Rage :) You are right, i can play the game well but thats where the problem begins. Before AND, this occasion rarely happened and if it happened, there was only a hundred years of difference at most. But after AND, as i told u, there are infantries in the 16th century. It really is an unpleasant situation.

Thank you Killtech for your serious quote by the way. So you mean, everyone is playing in the same way as me right? I would really like to know how many players suffer the same problem. So if anyone having the same, please just leave a quote so maybe the developers or the modders will have more time to solve it.

I dont know much about modding but, it seems something went wrong with timing in AND. No offences guys. I just wanna help all for a better gaming, just as i can.

Killtech
Jun 08, 2010, 01:31 PM
if you compare the max commence yields (through basic worked tiles + buildings + modifiers) in each age between a vanilla BtS and AND city (fully upgraded ofc) then you see that all your yields are much much higher and even grow exponentially from age to age. you do not need even consider the 3-radius cities. however tech costs seem not to have been adapted to the much higher income.

it is the problem of the vast quantity new buildings that were added and grant additional boni (bonuses). my current working status you can look up in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=365126.

StormLord-711-
Jun 08, 2010, 02:05 PM
What kind of a map are you playing on? I've been playing a game that is actually too slow (the Age of Exploration didn't really start until the 18th century). One the the primary reasons for this is that the mapscript (Perfect World 2) generated four small starting continents instead of the two or so it normally does. I was really concerned about not leaving my tiny starting continent (on which I was nearly alone) until the 1700's, but then I found that most of the world wasn't that far ahead of me anyway.

And how inclined is the world for war? In my game, the largest empire is run by an aggressive warmonger whose tech isn't all that great, but the main tech leaders are on this one continent where it seems all the civs like each other.

I might add, one thing that might skew my results a little is that I put tech brokering on. I've used it for a while, so I'm not totally sure how much of a difference it'll make, but I'm sure it does slow things down a little without killing tech trading entirely.

egogo
Jun 08, 2010, 02:08 PM
if you compare the max commence yields (through basic worked tiles + buildings + modifiers) in each age between a vanilla BtS and AND city (fully upgraded ofc) then you see that all your yields are much much higher and even grow exponentially from age to age. you do not need even consider the 3-radius cities. however tech costs seem not to have been adapted to the much higher income.

it is the problem of the vast quantity new buildings that were added and grant additional boni (bonuses). my current working status you can look up in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=365126.

ok i had a look on your work and it seems nice. hope it works well and solves the problem. so is the "BuildingUpgradeChains 1.06.2010.rar" downloadable now? and does it work with AND patchJ?
sorry about detailed questions by the way :) u really try to help me though. thank you!

egogo
Jun 08, 2010, 02:36 PM
What kind of a map are you playing on? I've been playing a game that is actually too slow (the Age of Exploration didn't really start until the 18th century). One the the primary reasons for this is that the mapscript (Perfect World 2) generated four small starting continents instead of the two or so it normally does. I was really concerned about not leaving my tiny starting continent (on which I was nearly alone) until the 1700's, but then I found that most of the world wasn't that far ahead of me anyway.

And how inclined is the world for war? In my game, the largest empire is run by an aggressive warmonger whose tech isn't all that great, but the main tech leaders are on this one continent where it seems all the civs like each other.

I might add, one thing that might skew my results a little is that I put tech brokering on. I've used it for a while, so I'm not totally sure how much of a difference it'll make, but I'm sure it does slow things down a little without killing tech trading entirely.

i'll try your settings too. im open to any suggestions. the thing is i got really tired and bored a little from starting new games after it looses its reality in the 1500s whatsoever :) i feel so sad when i see what happened to the game of my life :)

os79
Jun 08, 2010, 02:47 PM
i'll try your settings too. im open to any suggestions. the thing is i got really tired and bored a little from starting new games after it looses its reality in the 1500s whatsoever :) i feel so sad when i see what happened to the game of my life :)

:shakehead: No offense, but this game is in no way aiming at realistic historical synthesis. Concentrate on turns as an indicator of how you are not dates. Use dates only as a rush of feeling of having a calendar to it all, that's it. I don't even use it, and we even had a time before when it was turned off by default. However, unfortunately, there were a lot of people who whined for the date to be back on default :shakehead and chuckle:. So play the game (notice I said game right?) hand have fun :D.

Arakhor
Jun 08, 2010, 02:47 PM
This game is an historical simulator, you know. It doesn't have to match real life and, if you want the Transhuman techs significantly before 2100, it simply can't!

giffy
Jun 08, 2010, 03:33 PM
Humorous quote Asreix Rage :) You are right, i can play the game well but thats where the problem begins. Before AND, this occasion rarely happened and if it happened, there was only a hundred years of difference at most. But after AND, as i told u, there are infantries in the 16th century. It really is an unpleasant situation.

Thank you Killtech for your serious quote by the way. So you mean, everyone is playing in the same way as me right? I would really like to know how many players suffer the same problem. So if anyone having the same, please just leave a quote so maybe the developers or the modders will have more time to solve it.

I dont know much about modding but, it seems something went wrong with timing in AND. No offences guys. I just wanna help all for a better gaming, just as i can.

I can't say I ever had many Civ games of any variety going back to good old Civ1 that matched history all that well. Hell, many of the early techs predate the start of the game by a long time and rarely do I or the AI follow the 'historical progression" of technology. Sometimes for example I need nukes to turn the tide of losing war and so I bypass all kinds of things that in reality came long before.

Now there is something I must demand you change. In my last game the Aztecs make it all the way to the modern era! ;)

AndarielHalo
Jun 08, 2010, 03:36 PM
Global Warming keeps striking WAAY too early and WAAY too frequently. I'm getting global warming strikes around the 700s AD, in the Classical era. The last game I was in it started around 1100 AD and kept striking every 3-4 turns nonstop until game's end.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 08, 2010, 04:22 PM
Global Warming keeps striking WAAY too early and WAAY too frequently. I'm getting global warming strikes around the 700s AD, in the Classical era. The last game I was in it started around 1100 AD and kept striking every 3-4 turns nonstop until game's end.

I think I have only ever had global warming once in all my games and that was in the late modern era when I decided to see what the nuke effects looked like ;). Wonder what we are doing differently.

Blackflag421
Jun 08, 2010, 04:22 PM
It wouldn't happen if the damn AI didn't chop down every forest it sees.

Iceciro
Jun 08, 2010, 08:55 PM
It wouldn't happen if the damn AI didn't chop down every forest it sees.

I think I have only ever had global warming once in all my games and that was in the late modern era when I decided to see what the nuke effects looked like ;). Wonder what we are doing differently.

This, and that.

Too much global warming thanks to the wonderful new +unhealth buildings stacked with the fact that the AI haet forest.

Sinapus
Jun 09, 2010, 03:46 AM
Question about the Mountains mod: Is it possible to build a fort-like improvements on them? Haven't gotten that far to see myself and I haven't seen anything in the xml files that says yes or no.

If not, could they be added to the to-do list? Historically, they have built them in mountains. E.g., NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain complex and IIRC the Swiss have some frightening defenses built into the mountains near their borders.

(Though I suppose I could add an extra entry into the Mountains_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml file for each of the fort/bunker improvements with the "Peak makes valid" flag and that should work.)

egogo
Jun 09, 2010, 04:31 AM
since there r lots of bug reports, i couldnt read all so i dont know if there is a problem like this in the forum but i found a new one just now.
when u find a religion, you can find as many as u click the right mouse button when u r to choose a religion. i mean if u click on for example hinduism 5 times with the right mouse button, then after u choose it with the left, u can find 5 different religions at the same turn. here r the screenshots.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 09, 2010, 06:17 AM
Question about the Mountains mod: Is it possible to build a fort-like improvements on them? Haven't gotten that far to see myself and I haven't seen anything in the xml files that says yes or no.

If not, could they be added to the to-do list? Historically, they have built them in mountains. E.g., NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain complex and IIRC the Swiss have some frightening defenses built into the mountains near their borders.

(Though I suppose I could add an extra entry into the Mountains_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml file for each of the fort/bunker improvements with the "Peak makes valid" flag and that should work.)

You can build forts and even cities in the mountains. In fact some buildings can only be built in mountain cities.

Afforess
Jun 09, 2010, 12:56 PM
since there r lots of bug reports, i couldnt read all so i dont know if there is a problem like this in the forum but i found a new one just now.
when u find a religion, you can find as many as u click the right mouse button when u r to choose a religion. i mean if u click on for example hinduism 5 times with the right mouse button, then after u choose it with the left, u can find 5 different religions at the same turn. here r the screenshots.

Wow. I confirmed that, and that is an egregious bug indeed. I haven't modified choose religions behavior, so I need to test if that bug exists in vanilla BTS.

NBAfan
Jun 09, 2010, 01:33 PM

(Though I suppose I could add an extra entry into the Mountains_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml file for each of the fort/bunker improvements with the "Peak makes valid" flag and that should work.)You can build forts on mountains.

strategyonly
Jun 09, 2010, 02:05 PM
You can build forts on mountians.

I dont know about mounTIANS but you can on mounTAINS:p

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 09, 2010, 03:25 PM

Wow. I confirmed that, and that is an egregious bug indeed. I haven't modified choose religions behavior, so I need to test if that bug exists in vanilla BTS.

I thought this was one of the known problems with the whole choose religions/limited religions from RecDCM that Orion Veteran fixed and was going to be included in the next release of RevDCM.

giffy
Jun 09, 2010, 05:37 PM
So it seems that the pink icon issue with AA Missile Defense and the other improvements was from not installing the Advanced Nukes Module.

I am wondering how one might go about fixing the problem with the improvements without installing the new nukes. They are just to powerful for my tastes. Is there an easy way to just delete them?

AndarielHalo
Jun 09, 2010, 05:48 PM
In my opinion, some of the religions come in WAY too late in the game compared to the RL equivalent.

Islam is definitely one of the worst in this regard; Islam was founded in the 600s AD, yet with this mod, it doesn't come around until nearly a thousand years later with the discovery of Education.

Hellenism as well. By the time most civs are researching Aesthetics, it's well into the 300s or 400s AD, whereas Hellenism in reality was at its peak in the 300s BC

My unwarranted proposal:

Islam should be founded with Constitution civ. Being that Islam is very heavy on the idea of contracts and contractual loyalty, this sort of makes sense, given that a constitution is THE contract of a nation with its people.

Hellenism should be founded with Athletics. Obvious enough, I'd figure.

Arakhor
Jun 09, 2010, 06:17 PM
I can definitely buy Hellenism founded by Athletics. After all, the Olympic Games were founded in honour of Zeus and his family :)

Afforess
Jun 09, 2010, 06:39 PM
I can make those changes for Better RoM.

MasterJoKeR
Jun 09, 2010, 09:05 PM
MasterJoker, have you activated the 3GB switch for Civ? If you are using a 32bit windows, Civ only uses 2GB of RAM, you will need to manually adjust that. There is a tutorial in the RoM forum.

Darken24,

I will need a save to fix the GG problem, however, I did find the cause of the Espionage point discrepancy. I'll fix that in the next patch.

Ive done that but now it slows to a crawl and then crashes :badcomp:

Killtech
Jun 10, 2010, 05:17 AM
as for global warming: can't just the pollution from cities with access to coal participate in global warming? don't see any reason why all pollution should count towards it.

Sinapus
Jun 10, 2010, 06:23 AM
You can build forts and even cities in the mountains. In fact some buildings can only be built in mountain cities.

Does it require a specific tech? Like Mountaineering or Algebra? I had a unit with the mountaineer promotion on a peak and moved a worker on the space. Had Mathematics and Construction, but was only able to construct cart paths, roads or paved roads, IIRC. Hm. Actually, I don't recall if I could build a mine so maybe I have to be a bit more patient and wait for those above techs.

egogo
Jun 10, 2010, 07:04 AM
Does it require a specific tech? Like Mountaineering or Algebra? I had a unit with the mountaineer promotion on a peak and moved a worker on the space. Had Mathematics and Construction, but was only able to construct cart paths, roads or paved roads, IIRC. Hm. Actually, I don't recall if I could build a mine so maybe I have to be a bit more patient and wait for those above techs.

you need mountaineering to work or to go on top of the mountains, and algebra to establish cities on top of them. if thats what u ask.

colonelflag
Jun 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi Afforress,

Getting a CTD when attempting to load a saved game -> Rom 2.91,AND up to Patch J, and HAND version 1.2. It bugs out right at the very end of the load process. I have alerted this issue to Hydormancex as well but thought you might want to take a look. Not sure if its casued by AND or HAND.

I have uploaded the saved game that crashes and the logs.

Appreciate any assistance you have to offer.

Thanks
ColonelFlag

vincentz
Jun 10, 2010, 09:19 PM
To be honest I dont know if this is CiV, RoM or AND related but :

Whenever I play with Minor Civs on and regenerate the map I loose my second unit.

fox456
Jun 10, 2010, 09:38 PM
I posted this question in a different thread. Dancing Hoskuld recommended that I ask here. I have installed RoM 2.91 along with AND 1.73 (and Patch J). Most of the wonder movies are not playing for me, except the Ark of the Covenant, the National Archives, and (if I remember correctly) the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I searched but didn't find an answer to this problem. (I do not have the "No Movies" option checked.) Note that when I discover a religion, these movies are playing. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

Afforess
Jun 10, 2010, 09:44 PM
I posted this question in a different thread. Dancing Hoskuld recommended that I ask here. I have installed RoM 2.91 along with AND 1.73 (and Patch J). Most of the wonder movies are not playing for me, except the Ark of the Covenant, the National Archives, and (if I remember correctly) the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I searched but didn't find an answer to this problem. (I do not have the "No Movies" option checked.) Note that when I discover a religion, these movies are playing. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

I'm not sure, but try this:

Open the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file in the Modules folder. Move the WonderMovies entry to the bottom:
(red removed code, green added code)
<Module>
<Directory>WonderMovies</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom ArtStyles</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>ROME</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

Save it and load your game and give yourself a wonder.

StormLord-711-
Jun 10, 2010, 10:39 PM
To be honest I dont know if this is CiV, RoM or AND related but :

Whenever I play with Minor Civs on and regenerate the map I loose my second unit.

Say... I get that same problem- it bothers me enough to go into the WB and add it back in- hard to do without looking at the map. The second unit was a feature added by the Revolutions mod in RevDCM (which enables Start With Minors), so it may even be caused by RevDCM. I'll test and see if I can get the same thing out of it.

Ok, I tried regenerating a map in RevDCM with Start With Minors on and I lost the second unit here as well on my first try. Looks like that's where the problem's coming from then. Strange I never noticed that in it before I started playing RoM.

Hi Afforress,

Getting a CTD when attempting to load a saved game -> Rom 2.91,AND up to Patch J, and HAND version 1.2. It bugs out right at the very end of the load process. I have alerted this issue to Hydormancex as well but thought you might want to take a look. Not sure if its casued by AND or HAND.

I have uploaded the saved game that crashes and the logs.

Appreciate any assistance you have to offer.

Thanks
ColonelFlag

...And that sounds very similar to a problem I've been getting at a certain point in one of my saved games. It also crashes at the very end of the loading process. I don't use HAND. In the game I was playing, the saves were perfectly fine until I made a map trade (I think it was my first one), at which point any of the saves were bad. The game never gave me a CTD when playing, only when loading. Does a map trade appear to be affecting your problem as well?

Iceciro
Jun 11, 2010, 08:42 AM
...And that sounds very similar to a problem I've been getting at a certain point in one of my saved games. It also crashes at the very end of the loading process. I don't use HAND. In the game I was playing, the saves were perfectly fine until I made a map trade (I think it was my first one), at which point any of the saves were bad. The game never gave me a CTD when playing, only when loading. Does a map trade appear to be affecting your problem as well?

Hmmm. Is the map larger than what you normally play on? Crashes post map-trade actually sound like RAM issues to me. I had the same problem on larger FFH maps until I got a 64-bit OS and could dedicate more power to the game.

StormLord-711-
Jun 11, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hmmm. Is the map larger than what you normally play on? Crashes post map-trade actually sound like RAM issues to me. I had the same problem on larger FFH maps until I got a 64-bit OS and could dedicate more power to the game.

It is- I've been playing on a giant map size. But only 75% total of my 4 gigs of RAM are being used, and I have a 64-bit OS. But why would a RAM problem not show up during gameplay but show up when loading a save of that gameplay?

Azazell
Jun 13, 2010, 01:52 AM
HI Afforess, can I restore original resources view on city screen? (see screenshot) It's because I don't like too much this new one.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/439/31777387.th.jpg (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/31777387.jpg/)

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 04:33 AM
What don't you like about it?

(But Yes, I can make the resource display optional for future versions. ;) )

strategyonly
Jun 13, 2010, 04:59 AM
Did you change the requirement for Great General points?

I fought and won four - five battles (four Impi's and a Wardog) and the points did not go up?

Azazell
Jun 13, 2010, 05:20 AM

I don't know, maybe is this a habit?

Great! :)

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 05:44 AM
Did you change the requirement for Great General points?

I fought and won four - five battles (four Impi's and a Wardog) and the points did not go up?

Great General points rise as your units gain XP. If you gain less than 1 XP in a battle, your points will not rise.

strategyonly
Jun 13, 2010, 05:55 AM
Great General points rise as your units gain XP. If you gain less than 1 XP in a battle, your points will not rise.

aaaah, good to know thx.;)

btw, i just needed something to say on my BIRTHDAY!!

Arakhor
Jun 13, 2010, 06:08 AM
Happy birthday. Now get offline and go and do something fun! :D

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah really, why are you wasting it on us?

Jk. ;) Happy B-Day!

Killtech
Jun 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
HI Afforess, can I restore original resources view on city screen? (see screenshot) It's because I don't like too much this new one.

I don't know, maybe is this a habit?

hehe, yeah it's a habit. the old one looked nicer but didn't give you that many informations.
however, at the start of the game you don't need all those informations... it's practical, but in the later game stage.
my tip: show only the numberswhen they have non default values - i.e. resource amount > 1, the other numbers != 0.
and if you ask for my taste i'd put the resource icon first then its name and then the additional info. but that's my personal taste.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 13, 2010, 04:34 PM
i'd put the resource icon first then its name and then the additional info. but that's my personal taste.

This would get my vote.

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 05:11 PM
Like this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/Resource%20Display%20v2.png

Or like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/Resource%20Display%20v2.1.png

Killtech
Jun 13, 2010, 05:33 PM
leave the brackets around the icon and its perfect in my eyes. option two i mean (is it with hidden zeros?).

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 05:37 PM
You want the icon brackets removed too?

Killtech
Jun 13, 2010, 05:39 PM
You want the icon brackets removed too?

what is it for? i don't see its purpose.

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 05:41 PM
I wasn't debating, just clarifying.

aender
Jun 13, 2010, 05:57 PM
leave the brackets around the icon......it looks good...and use the bottom version

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 06:13 PM
What if I make it customizable. The bottom display would be in a text field (just like how the scoreboard custom display works now) and look like this:

(R) D (N,+I,-E)

R = Resource Icon
D = Description
N = Total Number in Empire
I = Imports
E = Total Exports

Then everyone can have it their way. (TM)

Killtech
Jun 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
there's hardly an argument against making it customizable. but it doesn't necessary need an own BUG setting (there are quite a lot already). maybe just let it loop throw the different displays by clicking on the resource list?

aender
Jun 13, 2010, 06:47 PM
lol idc either way you wanna make it....i'd leave as default anyway

now i do have a question...i've played several games now of RoM-AND1.73g-j with aaranda's religions np...i recently added ROME bk to the mix and my games...2 of em so far...ctd...so my question is does anyone know if ROME is no longer compatible with AND anymore or not.....i checked the ROME section but no info is in it.....both games have ctd at different times with different things going on....but both of em once they ctd they continue to do so at same turn regardless of what i do...1 of them i even loaded a save maybe 100 turns prior and reworked how i did stuff and still crashed at same turn...unfortunately no logs availble....and i made a few too many changes to the religions mods to make a save work

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 07:02 PM
ROME might not work... I don't think it's been updated in a while.

aender
Jun 13, 2010, 08:07 PM
prolly not...but i got another question i b4 i start a new game w/o ROME

i installed the trading post portion of AND but cant find where that portion is in the files

i need to have it set up so the undead worker from the voodoo religion makes everything in the game.....when i use that religion i delete all my other workers when i found it...well not immediately i keep the same number 1 per 2 cities and delete em as i make the new ones

Afforess
Jun 13, 2010, 08:17 PM
In Modules/Projects/Vincentz

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 14, 2010, 12:20 AM
I have been using part of ROME with the latest everything and it is OK. I just use the colonial and WWI units without the extra graphics since my machine can't handle them.

Blue Senshi
Jun 14, 2010, 10:07 AM
I'm playing the latest version with Clash of Civs and Aaranda's mod added, and I am not able to build paths or dirt roads (the option for them doesn't even appear).

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 10:23 AM
Can you build any type of road?

Blue Senshi
Jun 14, 2010, 10:55 AM
Can you build any type of road?

Only paved roads, but it's grayed out because I need (and don't have) construction to build them.

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 11:03 AM
Try turning off "Hide Obsolete Worker Builds" in the Bug Options Menu. I'll fix the bug for the future.

Blue Senshi
Jun 14, 2010, 11:20 AM
Try turning off "Hide Obsolete Worker Builds" in the Bug Options Menu. I'll fix the bug for the future.

That fixed it. Thanks.:)

strategyonly
Jun 14, 2010, 12:11 PM
I just looked at the 2.92 info and its adding all of Vincents Guilds and Corps, will this affect anything in AND?

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 12:39 PM
I just looked at the 2.92 info and its adding all of Vincents Guilds and Corps, will this affect anything in AND?

Yeah. 2.92 will not be supported. It includes the latest Better AI mod, which is unstable.

NBAfan
Jun 14, 2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah. 2.92 will not be supported. It includes the latest Better AI mod, which is unstable.How did Zap update Better AI if he does not do SDK?

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 03:15 PM
He just grabbed the 2.8 dev CvGameCoreDLL from RevDCM.

Castian
Jun 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
i installed a fresh copy of ALL civ 4 till beyond the sword 3.19
rise of mankind fully works 2.91
then a new dawn 1.73j
and dosen't work!
donts have save cuz dosent even start it ctds in "initializating" screen giving a Runtime error c++
tis da log

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 14, 2010, 04:19 PM
I have had something similar happen just receintly. The only way I could play was if I first loaded Civ then chose the option advanced and load a mod where I chose "Rise of Mankind". I needed to do this for weeks before something changed and I was able to start straight in RoM. No idea why and while it was happening it was happening for all mods!

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 04:24 PM
Castain, try the 1.73 Loading Patch, on the Main Download Information.

dudeSDCA
Jun 14, 2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah. 2.92 will not be supported. It includes the latest Better AI mod, which is unstable.

Does this mean that AND 1.74 will be compatible with ROM 2.91 but NOT ROM 2.92?

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 04:27 PM
Does this mean that AND 1.74 will be compatible with ROM 2.91 but NOT ROM 2.92?

Yes. Is there some feature that you need in 2.92 that 2.91 doesn't provide? The updated art is already in AND. I see no reason to upgrade.

That said, if Better AI and RevDCM fix their stability issues, I'm happily include them and update to 2.92.

os79
Jun 14, 2010, 04:32 PM
Yes. Is there some feature that you need in 2.92 that 2.91 doesn't provide? The updated art is already in AND. I see no reason to upgrade.

That said, if Better AI and RevDCM fix their stability issues, I'm happily include them and update to 2.92.

Indeed. Plus Zappara said that 2.92 is an experimental version before going on to 3.0. He did say it will be updated to 2.93 with stable RevDCM later.

So for anyone for some incomprehensible reason hate A New Dawn, you can play and experiment with RoM 2.92 :D, and be our guinea pigs :lol:.

Afforess, what did you think of his GlobalDefines changes to research rates and moving centering of the map to Cartography? Are these important enough to incorporate into AND 1.74?

Castian
Jun 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
tried a new dawn 1.73k
same error
i have a p4 3.15mhz
1g ram
256 radeon vid card
latest driver, direct x etc etc
rom fully works
only AND crashes
i'll try and 1.73 patched to k w lite option

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 04:36 PM
Castian, can I ask where you are installing the mod to?

Os79, The changes (like the ones you mentioned) that affect gameplay will be in Better RoM.

Castian
Jun 14, 2010, 04:45 PM
ROM in mod folder of beyond the sword (civ4 normal, no gold or the other)
AND to default install directory wich is the same, patching to J & K default too
no other modmods, no mega
i DO have japanese languaje as local, cus heavy illusion games modifications, as of yet no other game seems to have trouble w/that
instead of (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
its (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods) replacing the \ w yen simbols

dudeSDCA
Jun 14, 2010, 05:01 PM

I remember Zap saying that 2.92 was going to fix a few CTDs...since I've had a few CTD (and tend to play with some minor custom coding and civ, which is why I don't post my logs and drive all you guys nuts! :D ), I was hoping 2.92 might fix the issue I was having.

Of course my last CTD seems so awful that even loading it, going into WB, and trying to edit the file has caused the CTD...

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 05:17 PM
I remember Zap saying that 2.92 was going to fix a few CTDs...since I've had a few CTD (and tend to play with some minor custom coding and civ, which is why I don't post my logs and drive all you guys nuts! :D ), I was hoping 2.92 might fix the issue I was having.

Guess who told Zap what he needed to fix to stop some of the CTD's? ;)

dudeSDCA
Jun 14, 2010, 05:58 PM
Guess who told Zap what he needed to fix to stop some of the CTD's? ;)

LOL -- so I'm guessing those are already in AND 1.73j? Nice... :lol:

BTW - what is your timeline for 1.74 release?

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 06:05 PM
BTW - what is your timeline for 1.74 release?

When it's ready. But it's playable right now, if you want to alpha test. ;)

konradcabral
Jun 14, 2010, 07:38 PM
When it's ready. But it's playable right now, if you want to alpha test. ;)

How playable is the Economy Modmod in the alpha revisions?

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 08:07 PM
How playable is the Economy Modmod in the alpha revisions?

Actually, I could use your advice. I've got about 90% of the SDK changes done (Excluding AI), but I've hit a roadblock.

I want to make the Economy Modmod a gameoption rather than an installer option (more players will try out gameoptions, but usually stick with installer options). That means I can't add new XML content, only modify existing content.

Would it still be worthwhile to add the economy modmod as just an installer modmod, or should we try to make it work as a gameoption?

StormLord-711-
Jun 14, 2010, 10:11 PM

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/439/31777387.th.jpg (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/31777387.jpg/)

I don't like it either, but for a different reason: you might notice that one of the resource pictures has "(..." instead of "([picture])". This really bugs me in particular because it seems to happen with half my resources, and it keeps me from being able to glance at my resources and find the one I'm looking for (instead I have to scan for each word- pictures are faster).

What is the point of having it have "(..." anyway? I always have plenty of room for the picture on my screen, so if that's the reason, the code is in error.

This would be nice if the above problem can't be fixed.

hehe, yeah it's a habit. the old one looked nicer but didn't give you that many informations.
however, at the start of the game you don't need all those informations... it's practical, but in the later game stage.
my tip: show only the numberswhen they have non default values - i.e. resource amount > 1, the other numbers != 0.
and if you ask for my taste i'd put the resource icon first then its name and then the additional info. but that's my personal taste.

And in the later game stage you have more resources to scan through. Would having the picture first stop the problem I mentioned?

Like this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/Resource%20Display%20v2.png

Or like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/Resource%20Display%20v2.1.png

I like it the first way personally (more information).

What if I make it customizable. The bottom display would be in a text field (just like how the scoreboard custom display works now) and look like this:

(R) D (N,+I,-E)

R = Resource Icon
D = Description
N = Total Number in Empire
I = Imports
E = Total Exports

Then everyone can have it their way. (TM)

That's probably not a bad idea although I really think that (R) D (N,+I,-E) would be ideal for most people.

Afforess
Jun 14, 2010, 10:23 PM
The (... is because there is an invisible seperator that splits the line in half, part of the space is used for the description and icons, the other for the happy, health, and corporation icons. When you have a resource with a happy sign, health sign, and a corporation using it, you'll see why I split it where I did.

Anyway, the resource icon is going first now, the brackets are gone, and the import/export information is only shown for non-zero values.

StormLord-711-
Jun 14, 2010, 10:33 PM
The (... is because there is an invisible seperator that splits the line in half, part of the space is used for the description and icons, the other for the happy, health, and corporation icons. When you have a resource with a happy sign, health sign, and a corporation using it, you'll see why I split it where I did.

Oh, okay thanks.

Anyway, the resource icon is going first now, the brackets are gone, and the import/export information is only shown for non-zero values.

Sounds good. :)

colonelflag
Jun 14, 2010, 10:36 PM

No- i didnt do any Map Trades , i did do alot of other diplomatic activity however.

I went back to one of my loadable saves, and saved and loaded every few turns and this time it loaded every time. I tried to take the same options as previously (based on how i remembered i played) to try and recreate the "error" but didnt get it . I,m not sure what caused it the failed loads the first time now.

konradcabral
Jun 14, 2010, 10:44 PM
Actually, I could use your advice. I've got about 90% of the SDK changes done (Excluding AI), but I've hit a roadblock.

I want to make the Economy Modmod a gameoption rather than an installer option (more players will try out gameoptions, but usually stick with installer options). That means I can't add new XML content, only modify existing content.

Would it still be worthwhile to add the economy modmod as just an installer modmod, or should we try to make it work as a gameoption?

Due to the nature of the mod, I think it's better to do it as a installer option, with some gameoptions (for instance, the new inflation) inside, only available if you check it at the installer. I've never seen boxes that if checked within the game added techs, buildings, civics and one new specialist.

I think you should exercise your marketing skills here, asking your public. I vote for a package.

Arakhor
Jun 15, 2010, 04:51 AM
Don't skimp on content simply to make more people try it. Do the best you can, take whatever resources you need and then make it an installable module if that's what's needed.

os79
Jun 15, 2010, 07:54 AM
Remember what Xienwolf said, mod whatever you want, and if you have the same goal as konrad, then mod as you would like it and he will be happy and be a part of your testing team. If you modded it to your own liking, I'm very certain he will play along even it go afield from what he visualized :). It applies to any modmod you choose to incorporate into your AND. Even my changes. I want you to distill my ideas into a more balanced part of AND.

In other words, you did the right thing by kicking out certain stuff few versions ago so don't give up on that policy :D. The game, even in alpha form, is supremely playable as it is now :goodjob:.

cha dawn
Jun 15, 2010, 12:51 PM
I played last week ROM/AND patch J
I liked the max units per tile very much ( played with 8)
But the waiting times between the turns became too long.
Is it right that the waiting times with And version 1.64 were shorter?
And how stable was version 1.64.

Asterix Rage
Jun 15, 2010, 03:03 PM
Am I crazy or wha ?
I can't get, in any way, this bloody and fabulous Great Commander !!!!
Tried absolutly anything using worldbuilder.

Does someone is able to give me a clue ?

Thank to you

konradcabral
Jun 15, 2010, 03:03 PM
Remember what Xienwolf said, mod whatever you want, and if you have the same goal as konrad, then mod as you would like it and he will be happy and be a part of your testing team. If you modded it to your own liking, I'm very certain he will play along even it go afield from what he visualized :). It applies to any modmod you choose to incorporate into your AND. Even my changes. I want you to distill my ideas into a more balanced part of AND.

In other words, you did the right thing by kicking out certain stuff few versions ago so don't give up on that policy :D. The game, even in alpha form, is supremely playable as it is now :goodjob:.

I second every word. An Economy Mod isn't a economy, it is a game. Transforming reality into a game is not my specialty, it's Afforess'. So, the max I can do is to provide some economic advice and ideas. The final decision rests in his hands, although I think that for marketing (DL numbers) reasons Afforess will try to hear the people's voice. Not mine, people's. ;)

os79
Jun 15, 2010, 03:22 PM
Am I crazy or wha ?
I can't get, in any way, this bloody and fabulous Great Commander !!!!
Tried absolutly anything using worldbuilder.

Does someone is able to give me a clue ?

Thank to you

GC is a GG put in a unit stack, not attached. Don't worry, when 1.74 come out, it will be more clear with GC button already made for you so when you get a GG, you have GC option in addition to settling in a city, attaching to an unit, or constructing a building.

Asterix Rage
Jun 15, 2010, 03:29 PM
GC is a GG put in a unit stack, not attached. Don't worry, when 1.74 come out, it will be more clear with GC button already made for you so when you get a GG, you have GC option in addition to settling in a city, attaching to an unit, or constructing a building.

OKOK Thk to os79. You're the the first , you're winner

DodgyDave
Jun 15, 2010, 04:27 PM
I am playing a game, using latest patch and with limited religions, otherwise would i have 5 of them at least now and the AI none, but just now the AIs is at the 3rd religion, problem is that its the Americans who founded it, but they founded the last one as well

i am playing on giant map, romans was wiped out by barbarians and americans took over quite a few of their cities as while back, like dont know 500 turns ago, they had a new religion over 100 turns ago and now a new one.

i would class this as a bug, since i am playing with limited religions :)

Afforess
Jun 15, 2010, 04:36 PM
@DodgyDave

I've improved AI religious teching in 1.74, and the AI get religions very quickly. The first 5 religions are always founded in the first 40 turns, normal speed.

DodgyDave
Jun 15, 2010, 04:43 PM
ok, have to get 1.74 then, as i am doing 1.73 right now it seems :)

edit, thought 1.74 was done, but guess not, also my problem was not on how fast they did a religion, but rather that one of them could do 2,
while limited religions was on.

Afforess
Jun 15, 2010, 04:45 PM
1.74 is in alpha testing. ;)

fox456
Jun 15, 2010, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure, but try this:

Open the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file in the Modules folder. Move the WonderMovies entry to the bottom:
(red removed code, green added code)
<Module>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom ArtStyles</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>ROME</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

Save it and load your game and give yourself a wonder.

Afforess, thank you for the clear (and color-coded!) directions. I finally was able to try the suggested change, but it doesn't appear to have worked. I even restarted the computer, started a new game, and built the Sphinx -- no wonder movie. Any other ideas?

Afforess
Jun 15, 2010, 04:54 PM
Strange. I will look into it immediately.

strategyonly
Jun 15, 2010, 09:53 PM
Got some weird stuff happening in later game, i cant enter a city that i own? (pic1)

I cant attach a certain way, but i can attack lateral?(pic 2-3)

Afforess
Jun 15, 2010, 10:12 PM
1.) First picture, look at the fort. It's got a zone of control.

2.) Fort issue again, methinks.

szemek77
Jun 16, 2010, 01:52 AM
@DodgyDave
I've improved AI religious teching in 1.74, and the AI get religions very quickly. The first 5 religions are always founded in the first 40 turns, normal speed.

This is obviously step in right direction. In my latest game (huge map, 9 civs, monarch level) I've founded 7 religions. After you get shrines it gives you enormous boost in :gold: and if you like to build monasteries (like I do) - you get :health:, :science: and some fancy promotions for your units.

os79
Jun 16, 2010, 05:21 AM
This is obviously step in right direction. In my latest game (huge map, 9 civs, monarch level) I've founded 7 religions. After you get shrines it gives you enormous boost in :gold: and if you like to build monasteries (like I do) - you get :health:, :science: and some fancy promotions for your units.

I don't know if my clicking "Multiple Religions Spread" option in BUG's RoMSettings in 1.74 beta1 alpha helped too because now I'm now finally getting several Religion conversion demands :D. Before you ask, it is in SVN so still in alpha stage.

Cybah
Jun 16, 2010, 03:17 PM
While cloning and testing your player options, I've found out that even workers/settlers/missionaries/... will be in sleep mode when built with "Start Fortified" enabled. What about adding exceptions?

Afforess
Jun 16, 2010, 03:27 PM
That's the way I intended it, but it's pretty easy to add checks for other units. Just add some If statements here:

if (GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).isOption(PLAYEROPTIO N_MODDER_2))
{
CvPlot* pPlot = plot();
if (pPlot != NULL)
{
if (pUnit->canSleep(pPlot))
{
pUnit->getGroup()->setActivityType(ACTIVITY_SLEEP);
}
else if (pUnit->canFortify(pPlot))
{
pUnit->getGroup()->setActivityType(ACTIVITY_SLEEP);
}
}
}

Cybah
Jun 16, 2010, 03:33 PM
What's your intention on that? Keep them save?

Question: Why does my city grow over happiness cap with avoid unhappy people enabled? Will it reduce used "food plots" but not avoid growth without "avoid growth" enabled?

os79
Jun 16, 2010, 04:03 PM
Question: Why does my city grow over happiness cap with avoid unhappy people enabled? Will it reduce used "food plots" but not avoid growth without "avoid growth" enabled?

It say Avoid, but in fact it is more of a Delaying button. It will keep your city Healthy/Happy for as long as it can using city governor. However there will come a point when it tip over. Only "Stop Growth" in original City Screen will actually stop growth :).

FinchJ
Jun 16, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I was playing Civ4 BTS 3.19 with ROM 2.91 (patched) for a few weeks now on my new computer. I then decided to try out AND, downloaded and patched to 1.73k.

I played a single player game yesterday and it worked fine, however, today it failed to launch a hotseat game giving me the same error that Gomer Pyle described back in 2009.

Error ingame says

XML Error: TAG:Leader_Wilhelmina in Info class was incorrect. Current xml file is modules\custom\leaderheads\wilhelmina\wilhelminadi plomacyinfos.xml

It seems like there is several error windows on top of eachother. I think it may be the custom leaderheads. Marked in red in the spoiler below

(http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=339788&page=26)

I then decided to uninstall Civ4 all the way. I did so using windows uninstall program. I next deleted the remaining Firaxis Games file under Program Files.

I reinstalled Civ4 and Warlords fine, but when I try to install BTS the installer crashes without any error message whatsoever.

I am running as administrator:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955
4 GB DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT

This is really bumming me out since now I cannot play RoM and was digging AND.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Afforess
Jun 16, 2010, 04:09 PM
You need to delete your custom assets folder, it seems to cause strange issues like that. It's in you Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword folder. Just delete it, and everything should work. ;)

Cybah
Jun 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
It say Avoid, but in fact it is more of a Delaying button. It will keep your city Healthy/Happy for as long as it can using city governor. However there will come a point when it tip over. Only "Stop Growth" in original City Screen will actually stop growth :).

ty. :)

But then the description is wrong: Avoid angry citizens by not growing beyond the capacity for happy citizens.

os79
Jun 16, 2010, 04:40 PM
ty. :)

But then the description is wrong: Avoid angry citizens by not growing beyond the capacity for happy citizens.

Consider code nightmare scenario. It automatically stop growing before unhappiness. So far so good. Then you suddenly get unhappy from a new building or something else (war? improvement? etc...) then you are presented with a city that has unhappy citizen and that button code possibly CtD at worst or something. That's why I think it is enough that you already have one original "Stop Growth" button separate from any other dependency. That is my hypothesis, at least. Afforess, feel free to correct me if my guess at why you don't code the way Cybah and Dancing Hoskuld so long ago wished it be coded.

FinchJ
Jun 16, 2010, 06:02 PM
This worked. Thank you very much.

So now I guess my question is, is hotseat incompatible with AND?

If so, that is a shame!

It was definitely interesting to play single player. I started a game on Prince and was wiped out in less than two hours (after it *decreased!* the difficulty for me, twice :)), but was good fun playing something different.

Afforess
Jun 16, 2010, 06:10 PM
Most people have had Multiplayer work with varying levels of success, but Multiplayer is not officially supported in 1.73. Expect Multiplayer support in 1.74.

MasterJoKeR
Jun 18, 2010, 02:01 PM
Can i use a Pagefile to increase my ram? btw ive now got a 2TB Hard Drive so should i move the game to that one instead of my 160GB drive?:help:

zeusbenedict
Jun 18, 2010, 07:45 PM
I installed Civ 4 again, with all expansions + RoM and AND. Then when I load RoM, I get a lot of XML Errors.

These are some of them:
"iFeatureIndex is -1 inside SetFeatureStruct function
Current XML file is: modules\Afforess\Better RoM\Better_RoM_CIV4BuildInfos.xml"
"Tag: FEATURE_BATTLE6 in Info class was incorrect
"Tag: FEATURE_BATTLE3 in Info class was incorrect
"Tag: GAMEOPTION_INQUISITIONS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/Civ4UnitInfos.xml"

That's about it, but the first three errors are repeated about three or four times.

Then I close it and get ' The instruction at "0x7c911669" referenced memory at "0x00000087". The memory could not be "read" '

Afforess
Jun 18, 2010, 07:55 PM
AND is meant for RoM 2.91, not 2.92.

zeusbenedict
Jun 18, 2010, 07:58 PM
Ah. Thanks. I thought that would be a problem. So, will it stay that way?

Afforess
Jun 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
No, a beta will be out in a couple of days, but RoM 2.92 is rather buggy (see the RoM bug reports for yourself...) so if you want a STABLE game, download 2.91 and use that, at least for a few weeks.

xcrissxcrossx
Jun 19, 2010, 06:36 AM
In my game, France, Spain, and Carthage are all at was with the Netherlands. I declared war on the Netherlands, and a lot of countries closed borders. This is understandable, but one of the countries to close borders was Spain! Why would they close borders when I'm helping them in a war? I think this is an AI bug.

Sparrowsraven
Jun 19, 2010, 07:31 AM
Ok i have a sort of crazy issue for me at least as its never done this before/ So i dl ROM 2.91 and the 2.9 to 2.91 patch a couple of days ago, then i got AND 1.73n and 1.73J patch all that worked fine. Then i dl'd clash of civilizations and it gave my games all sort of crashes and errors. So i uninstalled the entire ROM folder to start over. No big deal, right? I reinstalled ROM 2.91 and the 2.9 to 2.91 patch just now. That works perfectly, no probles. The problem is installed AND again. It installes, i chose custom setup to choose my interface color and the new civic thing. it installed and the patch i9nstalled. howver i run the game lload the ROM mod and i get the windows error thingy, Sid Myers Civ 4 stopped working. Nothing.........it crashes. I dont know what would have happened in a span of a few hrs. i didnt change the directories, just let everything install on its own. Ran the WOC installer thingy too.......What did i do?

Oh yea, no idea on all my comps stats, but i am running windows 7

Nightguard
Jun 19, 2010, 08:44 AM
It appears that the guilds that are intended to produce a resource without consuming a resource are unable to produce the intended resource. For example, the Equestrian's Guild is intended to produce horses for your cities without consuming anything. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they actually produce horses, as they have no resources to convert. (All the original corps that produce resources would produce one instance of that resource for every instance of the consumed resource present in the city.)

vincentz
Jun 19, 2010, 11:00 AM
(see the RoM bug reports for yourself...)

hehe. with AND's short life it has also aquired an impressive 147 page bugreport thread ;)

It was actually what kept me away from AND in the beginning, but now there are simply too many fantastic features to ignore it.
(and propably one of the best software supports in the world (patch a-k on 1.73 says it all))

os79
Jun 19, 2010, 11:03 AM
hehe. with AND's short life it has also aquired an impressive 147 page bugreport thread ;)

It was actually what kept me away from AND in the beginning, but now there are simply too many fantastic features to ignore it.
(and propably one of the best software supports in the world (patch a-k on 1.73 says it all))

:lol: The page # is deceiving because AND don't do Bug & Features thread for separate version :).

aender
Jun 19, 2010, 11:51 AM
2 ideas:
1. can someone pass on to the revdcm team to redo the corp screen the same as thier religions screen(not subscribed to their forums due to me not a modder and everything i get from them is in rom or and alrdy)

2. thought it mite be cool if when you hit the little icon to show/not show resources would be cool if it was expanded so you can pick the type..ie.. luxury, strategic....etc

Afforess
Jun 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
In my game, France, Spain, and Carthage are all at was with the Netherlands. I declared war on the Netherlands, and a lot of countries closed borders. This is understandable, but one of the countries to close borders was Spain! Why would they close borders when I'm helping them in a war? I think this is an AI bug.

Very Strange, because it actually is coded so the AI will not close their borders with you if you share a war. If you trade with them, can you re-open borders? If you can, it means the bug is somewhere else...

Ok i have a sort of crazy issue for me at least as its never done this before/ So i dl ROM 2.91 and the 2.9 to 2.91 patch a couple of days ago, then i got AND 1.73n and 1.73J patch all that worked fine. Then i dl'd clash of civilizations and it gave my games all sort of crashes and errors. So i uninstalled the entire ROM folder to start over. No big deal, right? I reinstalled ROM 2.91 and the 2.9 to 2.91 patch just now. That works perfectly, no probles. The problem is installed AND again. It installes, i chose custom setup to choose my interface color and the new civic thing. it installed and the patch i9nstalled. howver i run the game lload the ROM mod and i get the windows error thingy, Sid Myers Civ 4 stopped working. Nothing.........it crashes. I dont know what would have happened in a span of a few hrs. i didnt change the directories, just let everything install on its own. Ran the WOC installer thingy too.......What did i do?

Oh yea, no idea on all my comps stats, but i am running windows 7

I would start over again, making sure that I ran all the programs and installers "as administrator" and see if it works. I have a installation guide on the FAQ page, if you need help. If it still crashes after the third try, post the error message, and I'll see what I can do.

It appears that the guilds that are intended to produce a resource without consuming a resource are unable to produce the intended resource. For example, the Equestrian's Guild is intended to produce horses for your cities without consuming anything. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they actually produce horses, as they have no resources to convert. (All the original corps that produce resources would produce one instance of that resource for every instance of the consumed resource present in the city.)

Okay, I'll make sure to correct that.

It's a Bug Reports and Feedback thread, actually, so there are some pages of discussion on it. I also have so many users that the same bugs are reported 2-3 times. However, I don't see the length of the thread as a bad thing. Zappara's bug report thread is only 30 pages long, but that's because I can't recall him ever helping a user fix a crash. (Not that it's his fault, some of them are SDK matters, but the support still leaves something to be desired). I would imagine 1/3 the posts on this thread are mine, helping others. So judge how you will. ;)

Killtech
Jun 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
the length of this thread stands for how active this forum is and how fast the progress of AND is.

vincentz
Jun 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
So judge how you will. ;)

(and propably one of the best software supports in the world)

I think I did ;)

Drylnn
Jun 19, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hey all,

Playing AND (most recent) in 2 player MP game. We keep crashing on the same turn. I ran logging, and the only odd things I see in the pythondbg.log so far are the following:

PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 1's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 1's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 24's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 24's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 8's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 8's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 13's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 13's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 29's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 29's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 19's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 19's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 21's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 21's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 25's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 25's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 4's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 4's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 10's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 10's turn
PY:Nongoma has grown
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 16's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 16's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 28's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 28's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 36's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 36's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 23's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 23's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 15's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 15's turn
PY:Kalakh has grown
PY:Tenochtitlan has grown
PY:City Thebes's culture has expanded
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 2's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 2's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 12's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 12's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 14's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 14's turn
PY:Medina has grown
PY:NinevÍh has grown
PY:Kufah has grown
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 33's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 33's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 7's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 7's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 634 - Player 5's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 634 - Player 5's turn

and so on, finally ending in...

PY: Error! Early turn 635 - Player 50's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 635 - Player 50's turn
PY: Error! Early turn 635 - Player 18's turn
PY: Error! Repeated turn 635 - Player 18's turn

It crashes on that turn. Oddly, we don't have 33+ players in the game. We have disabled Dynamic XP (because of older OOS errors). I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but it crashes every single time on that exact turn, no matter what we do.

Afforess
Jun 19, 2010, 02:17 PM
The crash could have nothing to do with MP games. Have you made any other modifications to the game other than installing AND? If not, could you upload your A New Dawn.log file and a save?

Drylnn
Jun 19, 2010, 02:24 PM
No other mods other than what came with BTS. For some reason, the A New Dawn.log is not updating, so I can't post that. However, I can post the save game and any other logs...

I think this save occurs just before the crash, but it might be one or two turns.

Drylnn
Jun 19, 2010, 02:25 PM
Just to be sure, where would I re enable the A New Dawn.log file?

Afforess
Jun 19, 2010, 02:32 PM
The log is created when you install A New Dawn, and it should be in your Rise of Mankind folder.

Drylnn
Jun 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
Ah, I thought it was a constantly updating log file.

Here it is (well, I was going to attach it, but I'll paste)

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

Sparrowsraven
Jun 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
well i uninstalled everything and started over. The only thing i changed was not customizing AND during installation. It worked! it must be something that i select during the custom setup that messes everything up.

Drylnn
Jun 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
We each tried playing the saved game on our own (booting out the other player) and it still hard-crashes to the desktop, so I'm at a loss.

Don't really want to start a new game only to get that far and have it crash again...

E_Pluribus_Unum
Jun 20, 2010, 03:42 AM
Hi!

The attacker can capture the city if s/he does not see the invisible defender units. :confused:

E_Pluribus_Unum
Jun 20, 2010, 03:44 AM
Looks like if you build one building requiring power you can't build anothers which requires it too.

E_Pluribus_Unum
Jun 20, 2010, 04:38 AM
(I cannot rebase air units.)

Sorry, false report. Works fine.

Afforess
Jun 20, 2010, 08:30 AM
We each tried playing the saved game on our own (booting out the other player) and it still hard-crashes to the desktop, so I'm at a loss.

Don't really want to start a new game only to get that far and have it crash again...

Totally understandable, and I would feel the same way in your position. Unfortuantly, the window for patches of 1.73 is over, but that doesn't mean I won't attempt to fix the problem, but the fix will be in 1.74.

Hi!

The attacker can capture the city if s/he does not see the invisible defender units. :confused:

That's how the invisibility system works in BTS, so that's a feature not a bug.

Looks like if you build one building requiring power you can't build anothers which requires it too.

So? Build a power plant.

E_Pluribus_Unum
Jun 20, 2010, 09:38 AM
That's how the invisibility system works in BTS, so that's a feature not a bug.

OK, then it's a BTS bug, not RoM/AND. This cannot be a feature. Invisible units should reveal themselfs when defending a city. Can you do that, or I have to live with this?

So? Build a power plant.
The city has access to power. Or every power requiring buliding needs its own power source building now?

Drylnn
Jun 20, 2010, 12:41 PM
Totally understandable, and I would feel the same way in your position. Unfortuantly, the window for patches of 1.73 is over, but that doesn't mean I won't attempt to fix the problem, but the fix will be in 1.74.

Oh, no worries, I'm just curious if someone has any idea of what the problem could be based on the log entries. It's just a really weird issue.

Afforess
Jun 20, 2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, no worries, I'm just curious if someone has any idea of what the problem could be based on the log entries. It's just a really weird issue.

Doubt it, the log entries are useless for most CTD's, since the game crashes before anything can be logged.

OK, then it's a BTS bug, not RoM/AND. This cannot be a feature. Invisible units should reveal themselfs when defending a city. Can you do that, or I have to live with this?

Perhaps you shouldn't use invisible units to defend, or they aren't very invisible, then, are they? I doubt I'll change it.

The city has access to power. Or every power requiring buliding needs its own power source building now?
Strange, general access to power should allow you to construct the buildings? Are you sure there aren't other prerequisites you haven't met yet?

zeusbenedict
Jun 20, 2010, 05:56 PM
My Civ IV crashes on the loading screen when I set my map size to Huge or anything higher. Is there a fix for that? I can remember playing on larger maps on vanilla Civ.

Afforess
Jun 20, 2010, 06:29 PM
You are likely running out of RAM, either use a 64 bit OS with more RAM, or use a smaller map; not much I can do else. :sad:

citus334
Jun 20, 2010, 06:33 PM
hey when i play custom game there is the options to check right.mine have text problem
some of them says TXT_GAME_OPTIONS_NO_INQUISITIONS or TXT_REV_OPTIONS_NO_BARBARIAN_CIV
ive installed and reinstalled it properly.
is there any fix?

and also i get xml errors but no crashes.
so can anyone pleases explain what this is ?

zeusbenedict
Jun 20, 2010, 06:42 PM
Darn. Thanks anyways. I have 2GB already and I think an upgrade is still somewhere in the far future.

Afforess
Jun 20, 2010, 06:49 PM
You need to install the AND beta's over RoM 2.92, not 2.91.

Obstel
Jun 21, 2010, 08:00 AM
When I try to build the Manhattan Project the Game Crashes and isnt working anymore.

I've got RoM 2.91 and the latest stable AND with Patch K.

I noticed that the Manhattan Project has a pink image in the building list, as it has no image attached to it. Any Clue what causes that Problem ? I can continue the game, when I dont build the MP and build something else instead, but I want to NUKE :nuke: ;) my rivals now.

strategyonly
Jun 21, 2010, 03:23 PM
Is there anyplace in AND that you changed or have <DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_TERRAIN</DefineName>
anyplace?

Iceciro
Jun 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
Is there any way I could get you to make the AI a little smarter about who they ask you to declare war on? I have a Giant map, and I'm still dealing with the other civs on my own continent and the other continent's worth are asking me to go to war every turn when I am in no position to do so. The only thing it's doing is racking up diplomatic maluses.

Can they please consider the fact that I am on another continent, and already involved in a war with the strongest civ I've met so far, before dogpiling me with demands to get involved with civs I don't care about? 0_o I mean, it's a little lopsided - when an AI is busy in a war it doesn't even show up in the diplomatic options, but they can ask me every single turn?

Or at least offer me something to get involved in the wars, like they do for each other and I can do for them.

WildFire
Jun 21, 2010, 04:01 PM
something like they can't ask you for 10 or 'x' amount of turns after you say no? that'd be welcome...

climat
Jun 21, 2010, 04:51 PM
Isn't there "cease bother" option or something like that in dipolomacy?
Temporarily, that might helps.

Afforess
Jun 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
something like they can't ask you for 10 or 'x' amount of turns after you say no? that'd be welcome...

That already exists, its in the XML, and usually it's something like 30-50 turns, and then they can only ask if the random number roll is 0.

Obstel
Jun 21, 2010, 04:57 PM
Is there anyplace in AND that you changed or have <DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_TERRAIN</DefineName>
anyplace?

if you meant me, ive changed nothing in rom or and.

strategyonly
Jun 21, 2010, 11:25 PM
if you meant me, ive changed nothing in rom or and.

No i was talking to Afforess

Iceciro
Jun 22, 2010, 12:29 AM
Why do we have both an Abyssinian Empire and an Ethiopian Empire? Aren't they... the same civilization? I mean, hell, both of the "Abyssinian Empire" leaders are MENTIONED in the stock civliopedia text for the Ethiopian Empire.

Add to that the fact that both civs have nearly identical UBs and the Abyssinian Archer doesn't even have anything notable about it beyond being an archer with 1 str, and shouldn't we just roll the Abyssinian Empire's leaders into Ethiopia, keeping the Oromo/Stele?

Normally, I'm all about keeping the content, but in this case I don't think we're getting much from having the same civilization split into two based on time period...

E_Pluribus_Unum
Jun 22, 2010, 12:02 PM
Perhaps you shouldn't use invisible units to defend, or they aren't very invisible, then, are they? I doubt I'll change it.

If so, than Super soldier is too strong. Except other Super soldier unit olny much weaker units can see a Super soldier. But Super Soldier cannot defend, so when a a Super soldier (190 :strength:) attack a city then the following units can defend :
EMP Sam Infantry : 145 :strength:, but -50% against clones = 75.5 againt 190
Tesly Infantry : 100 :strength: + 25% city +25% Urban tactics I, II = 150 against 190
Special Infantry : 110 :strength: + no bonus = 110 against 190

Is there other units which can defend against invisible units?

Strange, general access to power should allow you to construct the buildings? Are you sure there aren't other prerequisites you haven't met yet?

OK!
I found the problem. I tested on Info net. It's new to me that it requires a cerain number of computer networks. My bad.

StormLord-711-
Jun 23, 2010, 01:24 AM
Why do we have both an Abyssinian Empire and an Ethiopian Empire? Aren't they... the same civilization? I mean, hell, both of the "Abyssinian Empire" leaders are MENTIONED in the stock civliopedia text for the Ethiopian Empire.

I've wondered the same myself. Maybe the mod's designers wanted to make fun of Civ IV's inclusion of both the German AND Holy Roman Empires by the developers.

The other one I don't quite understand is adding Siam to RoM when Khmer is already there. I'm not real solid on the difference between the two other than time though.

climat
Jun 23, 2010, 06:59 AM
Siam and Khmer have different history. Actually, Khmer was the enemy of Siam.

AndarielHalo
Jun 23, 2010, 12:17 PM
In my opinion, I think there are way too many Tank options that all come about at roughly the same time period. There's Early Tanks, Tanks, Light Tanks, Armor M60, Heavy Tank M26, and in virtually every game I play, Armor M60 comes about almost immediately with regular Tanks, and Modern Armor comes about soon enough to obsolete the M26.

Isn't there any way to re-position their emergence times more suitably, or better, make some stat changes that would make it actually worth building Light Tanks or Armor M26s when you're like 10 turns away from reaching the level of the M60 or Modern Armor?

Killtech
Jun 23, 2010, 06:22 PM
tech costs could be tweaked a bit. all the tank techs seem to be close. so it might suffice to highly increase their costs to prevent civs to research them one after the other. that's maybe not the most elegant solution but it's easy enough and should do the trick.

JaeChunDaeSung
Jun 23, 2010, 08:41 PM
Ever since I installed 2.92 and the latest AND, my graphic quality and resolution settings were reset to defaults, and I cannot change them since it requires me to restart every single time.

Afforess
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 PM
Ever since I installed 2.92 and the latest AND, my graphic quality and resolution settings were reset to defaults, and I cannot change them since it requires me to restart every single time.

This is because AND has more playeroptions than the regular game, and for whatever reason, the game decides to default back every time. The only way to avoid this is to set in the config to load RoM up automatically, or use a shortcut that starts RoM automatically.

os79
Jun 23, 2010, 09:07 PM
This is because AND has more playeroptions than the regular game, and for whatever reason, the game decides to default back every time. The only way to avoid this is to set in the config to load RoM up automatically, or use a shortcut that starts RoM automatically.

Ah, now I understand why it only happen once everytime for me. Because I do have a shortcut so I'm safe. Good advice on that one.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 24, 2010, 01:13 AM
How to I turn off the alphabetical ordering of buildings and put it back to the original?

Obstel
Jun 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
Any Hint, why my manhattan project has a pink image?

DodgyDave
Jun 24, 2010, 06:22 AM
"or use a shortcut that starts RoM automatically."

how do you make a shortcut, to start up RoM automatically???

szemek77
Jun 24, 2010, 07:20 AM
"or use a shortcut that starts RoM automatically."

how do you make a shortcut, to start up RoM automatically???

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291585

Afforess
Jun 24, 2010, 12:08 PM
How to I turn off the alphabetical ordering of buildings and put it back to the original?

Edit the main interface python file; or live with it. Why don't you like it? I got sick of seeing the Apiary last.

Any Hint, why my manhattan project has a pink image?
You've installed AND incorrectly, or are not using the correct version of RoM. Check the FAQ for step-by-step instructions.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jun 24, 2010, 02:06 PM
Edit the main interface python file; or live with it. Why don't you like it? I got sick of seeing the Apiary last.

1) The ordering of the religion buildings. They aren't all X Cathedral, X Monastery, X Temple eg Hellenic and MesoAmerican. In the latter they have very different names and so do not appear in the same line. At least the others show up next to each other even if the order in the group changes.

2) Upgrade path buildings. Before harbour, port, comercial port and international port all appear next to each other.

This is why I wanted it optional with a sort by cost option also.:mischief:

Btw. I know I posted this in the wrong thread - it should have been in the beta thread. Sorry.

DodgyDave
Jun 24, 2010, 04:51 PM
not sure if this is right place or not

using 1.74 beta3, i had in basic options, choose religion, but first religion gave me an automatic random and i then had option to choose another, so two in one go...

without this basic option, i went with BUG option to choose religion, but it dont seem to be working, as i was never allowed to decide on the religion???

Afforess
Jun 24, 2010, 04:57 PM
Choose Religions is broken due to RevDCM bugs. Not much I can do until they fix it.

DodgyDave
Jun 24, 2010, 05:00 PM
i see :cry:

Killtech
Jun 24, 2010, 05:02 PM
1) The ordering of the religion buildings. They aren't all X Cathedral, X Monastery, X Temple eg Hellenic and MesoAmerican. In the latter they have very different names and so do not appear in the same line. At least the others show up next to each other even if the order in the group changes.

2) Upgrade path buildings. Before harbour, port, comercial port and international port all appear next to each other.

This is why I wanted it optional with a sort by cost option also.:mischief:

Btw. I know I posted this in the wrong thread - it should have been in the beta thread. Sorry.

this is why i originally suggested a purpose/flavor sorted building list.

ExeVar
Jun 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
I've got a persistent crash to desktop on the next turn of the attached save.

It originally was a multiplayer game from which the other person left. I've tried it with both 1.73 and 1.73J, the crash happens in both. I'm not sure if revolutions is supposed to be enabled for multiplayer games -- it is, in this one -- but there's been no trouble until now (if it is even the issue.)

Also: What is the process one goes through to attempt to solve these without resorting to this thread? I checked for any logs that might have some/ANY information about the crash but couldn't find anything.

EDIT: Well, disregard this. I managed to work around the crash by loading the save as a different civ (the Netherlands -- I had been England) having the turn end, saving the game, restarting Civ/ROM/AND and loading that new save as England again.

So, I'm not sure if there ever was a real bug, but I'll leave this post around in case anyone should run into the same issue and should stumble across the workaround.

Thanks for the great modmod!

Afforess
Jun 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
I've got a persistent crash to desktop on the next turn of the attached save.
Okay, I'll look into it. Expect a report back in a day or so. ;)

Also: What is the process one goes through to attempt to solve these without resorting to this thread? I checked for any logs that might have some/ANY information about the crash but couldn't find anything.

Logs are useless for crashes. To be able to debug saves, you need to have a fairly decent grasp of C++, MS VS 2003+, and my source code; no mean feat.

Hyronymus
Jun 25, 2010, 02:16 AM
Afforres, a question: when I install 1.74 will jumplane tunnels work properly? Currently playing a 1.73 game and only railway tunnels work.

Afforess
Jun 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
Jumpplanes were never given the ability to allow units to walk over them, unlike Sea Tunnels. So yes, they always have been working properly. ;)

Hyronymus
Jun 25, 2010, 03:45 PM
That's a different POV and yes, from that point they always worked. But I can't really believe they were only eye-candy. And if they were, can it be changed? I've looked into the files in Jooyo's module directory but I'm lost.

JosEPh_II
Jun 26, 2010, 09:56 AM
@ Afforess

What has changed between 1.74b2 and b3 to reduce the size from 116MB to 79MB size?

Should 1.74B3 be installed over 1.74b2?

I seemed to have missed something here. Or are you just streamlining 1.74, reducing the "Fluff"?

JosEPh

dudeSDCA
Jun 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
@ Afforess

What has changed between 1.74b2 and b3 to reduce the size from 116MB to 79MB size?

Should 1.74B3 be installed over 1.74b2?

I seemed to have missed something here. Or are you just streamlining 1.74, reducing the "Fluff"?

JosEPh

Afforess answered this in another post -- he used a new compression that reduced the size further (nice, huh!)

WildFire
Jun 26, 2010, 11:37 AM
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Vista

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/99889553-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/99889546-4.jpg

Got a weird GP thing, not sure if it's RoM related or BtS. Only things I have in my city that produce GP are the great wall and the courier system. I want that GP!!

Killtech
Jun 26, 2010, 12:28 PM
@WildFire
could you save your game within the World Builder and post it here for me? i could use it to check if the medieval buildings need further stats tweaking (in terms of commerce/happiness/health) and i could use it for testing some civic changes i plan.

AndarielHalo
Jun 26, 2010, 12:32 PM
Since I started with 1.74, I've been getting the constant popup when I start the game:

"Your machine is below recommended specifications. The graphic settings were altered to accomodate this, however, you may experience performance issues."

No. My machine is not below recommended specifications. It even says this when I unload the moad.

WildFire
Jun 26, 2010, 12:36 PM
@WildFire
could you save your game within the World Builder and post it here for me? i could use it to check if the medieval buildings need further stats tweaking (in terms of commerce/happiness/health) and i could use it for testing some civic changes i plan.

Tell me how to do that and I will.

Also, i figured out why my GP was going into negatives... forgot I turned off espionage and those buildings only give Great Spy points... I put a citizen as an engineer and got one the next turn.

Afforess
Jun 26, 2010, 12:42 PM
Since I started with 1.74, I've been getting the constant popup when I start the game:

"Your machine is below recommended specifications. The graphic settings were altered to accomodate this, however, you may experience performance issues."

No. My machine is not below recommended specifications. It even says this when I unload the moad.

You need to auto-load RoM as a mod, using a shortcut, or by editing the ini. Frankly, I'm surprised more people aren't doing this already.

It's not my fault, and I have no control over the issue, it's a problem with the BTS exe.

AndarielHalo
Jun 26, 2010, 12:43 PM
You need to auto-load RoM as a mod, using a shortcut, or by editing the ini. Frankly, I'm surprised more people aren't doing this already.

It's not my fault, and I have no control over the issue, it's a problem with the BTS exe.

That's what I've been doing since I first started playing mods with Esnaz's mod :crazyeye:

Killtech
Jun 26, 2010, 12:47 PM
Tell me how to do that and I will.
open the game menu and click "Enter WorldBuilder". confirm the question box. then in the upper right corner use the globe icon with the arrow pointing onto it to save the game as a scenario. done. with the crossed globe icon you can leave the world builder again.

thx in advance

aender
Jun 26, 2010, 03:06 PM
cntrl-w is shortcut to wb

strategyonly
Jun 26, 2010, 03:14 PM

Here's a RoM shortcut

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8720332&postcount=8

and
heres a

Saved Game shortcut:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8720685&postcount=9

\
infact thats all i ever use.

WildFire
Jun 26, 2010, 04:02 PM
Got hit by the black death twice in about 20 or so turns lol

here ya are http://www.filefront.com/16875933/mygame.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

Killtech
Jun 26, 2010, 05:07 PM
Got hit by the black death twice in about 20 or so turns lol

here ya are http://www.filefront.com/16875933/mygame.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

thanks. if it makes no trouble you could provide further saves when you progress to the next ages so i have more material for balancing and testing. you can post them here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=364658).

AndarielHalo
Jun 26, 2010, 05:37 PM
A civilization that starts with Hunting and Agriculture is somehow now researching Dualism only 80 turns into the game in Snail mode

I'd attribute this to them attaining loads of free technologies from villages, but this is the second game in a row this is happening

Afforess
Jun 26, 2010, 05:48 PM
A civilization that starts with Hunting and Agriculture is somehow now researching Dualism only 80 turns into the game in Snail mode

I'd attribute this to them attaining loads of free technologies from villages, but this is the second game in a row this is happening

Are you playing with Ruthless AI? I coded Ruthless AI to beeline for a religion if there is one available. :p