View Full Version : A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

salmoxe
Jul 26, 2010, 11:19 PM
Standard ethanol not generating oil products, is there some setting I need to en/dis able or is it still not implemented? If not implemented why does it have the description at all?

Malchar
Jul 27, 2010, 12:30 AM
When I highlight a unit and it shows me the "free starting experience", it doesn't list Parade Grounds as providing extra experience before or after I construct it. I'm using the appropriate civic, Standing Armies.

Also, Heavy Pikeman don't show anything for "free starting experience". However, I'm playing as Aztec and my Eagle Warriors (the replacement unit) are getting it. The reason I'm able to build Heavy Pikeman is because I'm using assimilation and took over a rival city (Hatti).

Edit: Looks like Parade Grounds is showing up as "+2 from City", but only after it has been constructed.

climat
Jul 27, 2010, 08:49 AM
Every AI beelines Religion.
Ok, I know it is the answer to complains about late religion founding and its intention is boosting AIs by giving them religion earlier.
But, I doubt whether it helps AIs currently. They give up researching "basic techs" like Fishing, Agriculture, Stone Working, Hunting because they're preoccupied wth "religion techs".
Early Religion vs. Basic Techs. Which one is more important? I'm not sure and the answer certainly depends on people's playstyle..
Perhaps a poll about this is needed?

Some AIs train a settler in 1 population city.

Scarlet_King
Jul 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
So, I'm playing with resource depletion and my iron in my mine is exhausted. That's cool. That makes sense to me.

What doesn't make sense to me is that my cow resource can deplete. Sure, I'm sure that through bad management it could "run out" but it feels like a stretch.

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 10:28 AM
So, I'm playing with resource depletion and my iron in my mine is exhausted. That's cool. That makes sense to me.

What doesn't make sense to me is that my cow resource can deplete. Sure, I'm sure that through bad management it could "run out" but it feels like a stretch.

I know that Afforess never intended for animals or farm resources to deplete. So be sure to grab a savegame before cow deplete and hand it to Afforess so he can figure out how to prevent that.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
RoM Version: 2.91, AND Version: 1.73, also using Clash of Civilizations and a Few UM modmods.

Computer Specs: Manufactuer: ASUSTek Computer Inc., Model: ASUS Notebook G73JH Series, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7& CPU Q720 @1.60GHz (With turbo boost on it goes a lot higher), RAM: 6GB DDR3, 64bit

I'm playing on a Gigantic map with 50 civs. I've had no problems through out the game until now. Now when I try to load my game, I get a crash to my desk top. I don't know what's causing it. The game loads fine, it finishes loading, then a few seconds after it's done loading there's a CTD. Please help.

EDIT: Oops the save file didn't upload. Let me try that again.

EDIT EDIT: It says my save file is too big :(

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
RoM Version: 2.91, AND Version: 1.73, also using Clash of Civilizations and a Few UM modmods.

Computer Specs: Manufactuer: ASUSTek Computer Inc., Model: ASUS Notebook G73JH Series, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7& CPU Q720 @1.60GHz (With turbo boost on it goes a lot higher), RAM: 6GB DDR3, 64bit

I'm playing on a Gigantic map with 50 civs. I've had no problems through out the game until now. Now when I try to load my game, I get a crash to my desk top. I don't know what's causing it. The game loads fine, it finishes loading, then a few seconds after it's done loading there's a CTD. Please help.

EDIT: Oops the save file didn't upload. Let me try that again.

EDIT EDIT: It says my save file is too big :(

Upload to another uploading site, and link here. Also, be sure to give Afforess your AND installation log and precisely give details of other modmods you have included too. Without these he can't help you.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 11:36 AM
Upload to another uploading site, and link here. Also, be sure to give Afforess your AND installation log and precisely give details of other modmods you have included too. Without these he can't help you.

Don't I have to be a member to upload at another uploading site? Also thanks.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 11:49 AM
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

I have a complete install of Clash of Civilizations, from UM I have AAranda's extra religions (though I dled it separately from it), strategyonly's militia modmod, DancingHoskuld's subdue animals, and Hydro's civicbuild, domesticated animals, farming, nimby, science, and zoolology. I think that's all of the modmod's I have.

Here's my save file:

http://www.filefront.com/17150716/save1.CivBeyondSwordSave/

Scarlet_King
Jul 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
I know that Afforess never intended for animals or farm resources to deplete. So be sure to grab a savegame before cow deplete and hand it to Afforess so he can figure out how to prevent that.

I don't have the save. I played on. :(

But I have a screenshot saying that the resource depleted. It's a tad hard to read but it says "The source of Cow has been exhausted" or something like that.

Next time it happens, I'll post the save.

http://i32.tinypic.com/fviln5.jpg

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 03:43 PM
I have installed 1.73 version of AND and the K patch. When I try to load the mod, it stops loading at XML uncached and crashes. How do i fix this? Sorry if i'm bringing up an old issue, i just got the mod.

Dancing Hoskuld
Jul 27, 2010, 03:46 PM
I have installed 1.73 version of AND and the K patch. When I try to load the mod, it stops loading at XML uncached and crashes. How do i fix this? Sorry if i'm bringing up an old issue, i just got the mod.

My first thought is to delete the cache by holding down the shift key while you load Civ. Alternatly you could load another mod then load RoM to achieve the same result.

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 03:48 PM
ok i will try that :) thx

Vokac
Jul 27, 2010, 03:56 PM
installed 1.74 and patch 1.74b

I get a XML tag error regarding no inqustions.

I hit ok, and it loads, but whenever I try to start a new game it craps out.

I have since re-setup 1.73, and 1.73k which work fine.

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 03:58 PM
no effect

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 03:59 PM
how did you manage to get 1.73 working Vokac? I have Vista so....

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 04:05 PM
I have yet to find out how to fix the 1.73 mod

Malchar
Jul 27, 2010, 04:07 PM
This game freezes when I go to 700 AD. It looks different from the "Waiting for civilizations" at end of turn problem (which was fixed by the way, thanks). All the animations stop, and I can't open any menus. Note that the name of the save is misleading, it's actually taken from 695 AD.

A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Black UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry if I'm getting annoying, but when the mod loads and hits InitXML(Uncached) it stops. How do I fix this?

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry if I'm getting annoying, but when the mod loads and hits InitXML(Uncached) it stops. How do I fix this?

Why are you trying to use AND 1.73? That's an outdated version.

This game freezes when I go to 700 AD. It looks different from the "Waiting for civilizations" at end of turn problem (which was fixed by the way, thanks). All the animations stop, and I can't open any menus. Note that the name of the save is misleading, it's actually taken from 695 AD.

A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Black UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Will check it out.

redleader102
Jul 27, 2010, 04:36 PM
does 1.74 have everything that 1.73 has?

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 04:41 PM
does 1.74 have everything that 1.73 has?

Yes.

@Afforess did you look at my save file yet? I really don't no what the problem is.

Teodosio
Jul 27, 2010, 04:45 PM
Bug: "Advanced Combact Odds" doesn't show the bonus "x% for surrounding the enemy" (from "Surround and Destroy"). I have to disable "Advanced Combact Odds" to see that bonus.
Playing 1.74B.

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 04:55 PM
Had this bug in the last game, the one that you saw weak AIs for and fixed for Patch B. But was not sure but now I'm very sure. In my new game, the one where I mentioned the AIs are doing somewhat better, I saw this bug too.

Bug:
Beautification and Arctic Chains game option doesn't work.

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 05:01 PM
What do you mean they don't work? That's not a very useful description...

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 05:09 PM
Bug: "Advanced Combact Odds" doesn't show the bonus "x% for surrounding the enemy" (from "Surround and Destroy"). I have to disable "Advanced Combact Odds" to see that bonus.
Playing 1.74B.

I will correct that.

@Afforess did you look at my save file yet? I really don't no what the problem is.

I'm going to be a stickler and a total pain, but my guidelines for support in modded games is this:

If you are using A New Dawn WITH other modifications

Post in this thread with a bug report.
Include your modifications (preferably your XML & Modules Folders), or if not possible, upload your entire RoM folder. (To the file host of your choice)
Include a save

I've wasted too many hours trying to get the file combo right, just to find some other adventurous XML modder screwed up some value, and it wasn't my fault. If you upload your whole folder, it takes me very little time to find the problem. ;)

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 05:12 PM

A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
WinXP

It was an infinite loop caused by Better AI not me, for a change. I'll have a patch up in a few hours.

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 05:19 PM
What do you mean they don't work? That's not a very useful description...

Apologies.
I meant that the buildings are not showing up in the game.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 05:23 PM
I've wasted too many hours trying to get the file combo right, just to find some other adventurous XML modder screwed up some value, and it wasn't my fault. If you upload your whole folder, it takes me very little time to find the problem. ;)

It doesn't seem to want to let me upload the whole file. I'm using filefront btw. I'm probably making some obvious mistake, but whenever I click my ROM folder it just takes me inside of it, it's not giving me an option to upload the whole thing. :(

Thanks too.

Vokac
Jul 27, 2010, 05:30 PM
how did you manage to get 1.73 working Vokac? I have Vista so....

This time I removed the ROM folder from MODS in the BTS folder.

Then re-installed 2.91 ROM, then the 1.73 AND then the 1.73k patch and went to playing the game.

On Vista, you need to install your programs to a different folder then "program files".

As Vista, will not let you make changes to anything in that folder.

All you have to do is remove the word "program files" from the path, and you can then mod programs.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 05:32 PM
This time I removed the ROM folder from MODS in the BTS folder.

Then re-installed 2.91 ROM, then the 1.73 AND then the 1.73k patch and went to playing the game.

On Vista, you need to install your programs to a different folder then "program files".

As Vista, will not let you make changes to anything in that folder.

All you have to do is remove the word "program files" from the path, and you can then mod programs.

What? On my old computer that was Vista I had RoM in program files and it worked fine.

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 05:51 PM
Soup, you may need to split it into parts, which 7z supports.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 05:57 PM
Soup, you may need to split it into parts, which 7z supports.

OK thanks. I'm compressing it with 7z now.

DRJ
Jul 27, 2010, 06:08 PM
CTD instantly after map is loaded and turn begins I guess it has something to do with barbarians landing near my city. Version 1.74 patch B

A thing I detected, too is that pretty early in the game war was declared on me by a civ without any units of them being around for some turns. Strange behaviour, helps human to prepare defenses though ;-)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259223&stc=1&d=1280275689

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 06:14 PM
A New Dawn log please?

DRJ
Jul 27, 2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, sorry!

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Cerulean UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
WinXP

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 06:45 PM
I've tried to compress it twice now with 7z and when it is done compressing the file just seems to disappear. I tried compressing it win winrar too, but it said it couldn't.

EDIT: nvm, now it mysteriously appeared. Ok, now I'll upload it.

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 06:49 PM
I've tried to compress it twice now with 7z and when it is done compressing the file just seems to disappear. I tried compressing it win winrar too, but it said it couldn't.

I used AtomicGamer. It allow you to upload at maximum 2GB. I did that before for Afforess to debug my stuff. Uploading would be long but it is doable.
Just use winrar to compress your RoM folder once. Then you are set to go.

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 06:51 PM
I used AtomicGamer. It allow you to upload at maximum 2GB. I did that before for Afforess to debug my stuff. Uploading would be long but it is doable.
Just use winrar to compress your RoM folder once. Then you are set to go.

The problem with that is that my RoM folder is over 2GB. Though compressed it isn't, so I guess it doesnt matter. :O

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 06:56 PM
@Soup567
:shrug: You never know until you try it :).

@Afforess
Btw, was my report about Beatification and Arctic Chains valid?

Vokac
Jul 27, 2010, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Afforess;9422588]Why are you trying to use AND 1.73? That's an outdated version.

QUOTE]

That is where you quick install guide points to.

The Exile
Jul 27, 2010, 06:58 PM
Any news on the "Choose Religions" bug, Afforess?

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 06:59 PM
@Soup567
:shrug: You never know until you try it :).

Well thanks. I did register at Atomic Gamer, since my RoM folder was too big even compressed for filefront. It just has to upload now. It also looks like it's going to take over an hour to upload.

Afforess
Jul 27, 2010, 07:08 PM
Any news on the "Choose Religions" bug, Afforess?

Can I have your A New Dawn.log, I can't load your save without it.

[QUOTE=Afforess;9422588]Why are you trying to use AND 1.73? That's an outdated version.

QUOTE]

That is where you quick install guide points to.

Thanks, I'll go fix it.

@Afforess
Btw, was my report about Beatification and Arctic Chains valid?
I don't know, I asked for a better description, but you never responded back. They seem to work for me...

os79
Jul 27, 2010, 07:24 PM
I don't know, I asked for a better description, but you never responded back. They seem to work for me...

That is weird.

Here is my savegame to prove my point. I have Meditation tech now and most of my cities have Walls so they should had been qualified to have Grove.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

Don't forget to delete or remove Warlord from Custom Units.

JanusTalaiini
Jul 27, 2010, 07:25 PM
1.74 patch B - the Seminary building seems to require both State Church and Free Church civics, making it impossible to build.

Vokac
Jul 27, 2010, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Afforess;9422981]

Thanks, I'll go fix it.

QUOTE]

The patch link still points to 1.73k

Any Idea why I get the XML error when loading 1.74b?

Says "no inqustions tag name is wrong...." and lists some other path to a xml file in the ROM mods folder.

Killtech
Jul 27, 2010, 07:45 PM
Okay, another thing about university/libraries. I play on the islands map, so I'm limited on how many cities I can have without taking over a rival island. I can squeeze 6-8 cities into small world setting, and I need 10 minimum to build enough libraries so I can build the 5 universities for oxford. Turning down sea level to get more space just makes it so there's no ocean between islands and civs invade way too early for my liking.

So I bumped up world size to standard and regenerate map until I get an island with enough space for 10 cities, only to find that now every university wants 3 libraries... I guess it increases with world size? No amount of regenerating will get me an island that can fit the 18 cities oxford university requires now.

I'm struggling to find a balance between world size, sea level, and number of civs that will accommodate both the ridiculously high requirement for oxford university and the type of game I like.

Requesting a change for the university requirement from number of libraries owned to something like minimum population or culture. Having 8 cities and not being able to build oxford university is lame. It makes more sense anyway for something like culture or population. Theoretically I could have a few dozen glorified forts with 1 population and build it, while another civilization with five 20+ population cities with legendary culture couldn't.

Confirming the "can't build fishmarket" issue - was actually coming here to report that one myself. :lol:

Also, not really a bug, but more of a balancing thing - the fact that Plato's Academy requires a certain number of scribe schools lends itself to less than ideal gameplay choices now that libraries replace scribe schools. It's more beneficial to -not- upgrade to libraries until after you build the Academy, since the wonder is useful well into the later ages, and once you build libraries you're no longer able to build it. Making it require X number of scribe schools -or- libraries may be a better idea so people don't feel like they shouldn't upgrade.

i've updated the BuildingUpgradeChains and changed the prerequisites for those wonders among other changes. for more details and download see the better rom thread. however note, that adding the actualized version will most probably break saves.

The Exile
Jul 27, 2010, 07:56 PM
Here:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Purple UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

soup567
Jul 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
It finally finished uploading! :D

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/87300/romandothermodmods

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 01:55 AM
CTD instantly after map is loaded and turn begins I guess it has something to do with barbarians landing near my city. Version 1.74 patch B

A thing I detected, too is that pretty early in the game war was declared on me by a civ without any units of them being around for some turns. Strange behaviour, helps human to prepare defenses though ;-)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259223&stc=1&d=1280275689

Actually, had to do with your difficulty levels being out of wack. Will be corrected in Patch C.

Here:

I'll look at it tomorrow, off to bed for me... ;)

It finally finished uploading! :D

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/87300/romandothermodmods
Download....

Toddy
Jul 28, 2010, 02:44 AM
The patch link still points to 1.73k

Any Idea why I get the XML error when loading 1.74b?

Says "no inqustions tag name is wrong...." and lists some other path to a xml file in the ROM mods folder.

A silly question, but are you using ROM 2.92 when installing 1.74b?

Scarlet_King
Jul 28, 2010, 04:47 AM
Is "You are Committed to Peace" result in a -3 diplo penalty?

http://i26.tinypic.com/33pc3r9.jpg

Edit: The Worker automated AI builds forts like crazy. In this screenshot alone, there are 15 forts.

http://i29.tinypic.com/35hic80.jpg

Edit2: I'm getting a WoC problem which I'm pretty sure is caused by xUPT again since turning it off fixed it. I attached a save.

redleader102
Jul 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
i have installed AND 1.74, and it seems to run, but when it loads a game, it stops working right after it loads. What is happening and how is this fixed?

Vokac
Jul 28, 2010, 07:40 AM
A silly question, but are you using ROM 2.92 when installing 1.74b?

No, 2.91 as that is what the Install Guide says to use.

Also I could only find torrent sites for 2.92 and I don't really use those much.

Also this was my guess, but I could not find anywhere that you needed 2.92.

Thank you.

NotSoGood
Jul 28, 2010, 07:48 AM

Also I could only find torrent sites for 2.92 and I don't really use those much.

Thank you.

Look at this thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344525), on the first post, right after author's notes.
And this thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=370161) is full of download links for RoM 2.92.
Hope that helps. :goodjob:

Teodosio
Jul 28, 2010, 08:15 AM
Crash to Desktop!
The crash happens when I click "end turn". Savegame attached.
I am playing with AND 1.74B, clean install, I have only added the blood mod.

os79
Jul 28, 2010, 08:56 AM
So my uploaded savegame and log showed you that Beatification didn't work as intended, right?

os79
Jul 28, 2010, 10:36 AM
Just a suggestion. Plus it is savegame compatible too.

Can Piazza San Marco wonder be made to obsolete at Guilds? It is the wonder that give a market to every city. At Guilds, with BuildingUpgradePaths, you have a grocer replacing a market. So we don't want that wonder after Guilds.

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 11:03 AM
So my uploaded savegame and log showed you that Beatification didn't work as intended, right?

Actually, yeah, I found a bug with it. Don't worry, It's already been taken care of.

Crash to Desktop!

A New Dawn Log please?

Just a suggestion. Plus it is savegame compatible too.

Can Piazza San Marco wonder be made to obsolete at Guilds? It is the wonder that give a market to every city. At Guilds, with BuildingUpgradePaths, you have a grocer replacing a market. So we don't want that wonder after Guilds.

Bit swamped at the moment, go ahead and modify it yourself. You don't need my permission.

Thank you.

The install Guide was out of date; but I have corrected it.

i have installed AND 1.74, and it seems to run, but when it loads a game, it stops working right after it loads. What is happening and how is this fixed?

I don't know. First off, are you playing on a PC or Mac? What version of Rise of Mankind is it? (Open the Rise of Mankind Version History file inside the folder, and the top most entry should list the newest version). What exactly is the error?

Edit: The Worker automated AI builds forts like crazy. In this screenshot alone, there are 15 forts.

Edit2: I'm getting a WoC problem which I'm pretty sure is caused by xUPT again since turning it off fixed it. I attached a save.

Will look into...

Swebear
Jul 28, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi I have run into a repeatable CTD, I run 1.74B with AND log

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Cerulean UI} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

At this turn I can enter world builder and it reaches the next turn, at that turn I CTD if I try to enter world builder or try to go to next turn.

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 11:07 AM
Will look at, thanks for posting...

os79
Jul 28, 2010, 11:13 AM
Bit swamped at the moment, go ahead and modify it yourself. You don't need my permission.

Prefer to ask for permission until you officially leave AND for good. However, it feel good that you trust me that far :).

Anyway, committed but need you to add that to Patch Installer :).

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hi I have run into a repeatable CTD, I run 1.74B with AND log

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Cerulean UI} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

At this turn I can enter world builder and it reaches the next turn, at that turn I CTD if I try to enter world builder or try to go to next turn.

I can open the worldbuilder fine, and have advanced a few turns now without any crashes. What are your computer specs?

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 11:26 AM
Is "You are Committed to Peace" result in a -3 diplo penalty?

http://i26.tinypic.com/33pc3r9.jpg

A New Dawn Log Please?

Prefer to ask for permission until you officially leave AND for good.

I won't be really gone for another 55 days or so; but there aren't going to be any new features.

JanusTalaiini
Jul 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
1.74 patch B - I get an infinite loop at the end of the current turn in the attached save.

I've tested it a bit, and I'm fairly sure it's due to the Great Chief I have in a stack just to the Northwest of the Aztec capital. Because it was captured from one of those limited edition hidden nationality armies, it's also hidden nationality. However, it's currently existing in the same stack as another Aztec unit because the hidden nationality army that was defeated to create it belonged to the Aztec, and was stacked with other armies of theirs.

I'm pretty sure the Aztec unit it's stacked with is trying to kill it but can't because it's in the same stack, which is causing the infinite loop. Hidden nationality units in stacks can be a sticky wicket. :-\

ETA: AND log:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

os79
Jul 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
1.74 patch B - I get an infinite loop at the end of the current turn in the attached save.

I've tested it a bit, and I'm fairly sure it's due to the Great Chief I have in a stack just to the Northwest of the Aztec capital. Because it was captured from one of those limited edition hidden nationality armies, it's also hidden nationality. However, it's currently existing in the same stack as another Aztec unit because the hidden nationality army that was defeated to create it belonged to the Aztec, and was stacked with other armies of theirs.

I'm pretty sure the Aztec unit it's stacked with is trying to kill it but can't because it's in the same stack, which is causing the infinite loop.

Add your AND log :).

JanusTalaiini
Jul 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
Add your AND log :).

Done, thanks for the reminder.

Swebear
Jul 28, 2010, 11:37 AM
I can open the worldbuilder fine, and have advanced a few turns now without any crashes. What are your computer specs?

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz 4GB Ram With 64Bit Vista.

I have had memory allocation crashes previously but with larger maps and much later in the game.

Oh yes I noticed something strange, maybe connected. Some wild animals change colour. When they move during in between turn animation and for a little while after they look ok. A little while into my turn they turn black. As far as I can see and remember it is cave lion and lion possibly turning into jaguars?

Maybe something got corrupted during install, I think I will reinstall the mod and see if that helps.

rtt4a
Jul 28, 2010, 11:57 AM
Rom 2.92 + AND 1.74B clean instal

It seems that I cant terraform inside my capital cultural borders, however i can terraform inside my second city borders.. also i cant plant forest inside cultural borders, outside it works fine.

This was not actual game, I just gave my self all techs in worldbuilder and tested how things are working.. Great modmod, thanks a lot!

Teodosio
Jul 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
Crash to Desktop!

This is what I get in the log file:

Logging by Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 1.74 B (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 116/350 (1838 AD) [28-Jul-2010 19:56:53]
65% Research: 260 per turn
0% Culture: 148 per turn
0% Espionage: 14 per turn
35% Gold: 9 per turn, 147 in the bank

After End Turn:
Munich finishes: Colosseum

Vokac
Jul 28, 2010, 12:05 PM
Look at this thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344525), on the first post, right after author's notes.
And this thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=370161) is full of download links for RoM 2.92.
Hope that helps. :goodjob:

Thank You, until yesterday this said differently which I think lead to the/my confusion.

Different Install Notes (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344524)

Thanks again.

Iceciro
Jul 28, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hmmm. So Aforess - The unit movement icon still shows I can move through full stacks to get to places on the other side, but the units themselves stall and won't go past it, resulting in the same issue as before, but perhaps more confusing because the path seems valid, but the unit will not move. Is this known/intentional?

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
This is what I get in the log file:

Logging by Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 1.74 B (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 116/350 (1838 AD) [28-Jul-2010 19:56:53]
65% Research: 260 per turn
0% Culture: 148 per turn
0% Espionage: 14 per turn
35% Gold: 9 per turn, 147 in the bank

After End Turn:
Munich finishes: Colosseum

Wrong log. The "A New Dawn.log file is found inside your Rise of Mankind folder. See the OP for details.

Hmmm. So Aforess - The unit movement icon still shows I can move through full stacks to get to places on the other side, but the units themselves stall and won't go past it, resulting in the same issue as before, but perhaps more confusing because the path seems valid, but the unit will not move. Is this known/intentional?

Unknown and not intentional (why would it be intentional!?). Upload a save and log. ;)

redleader102
Jul 28, 2010, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by redleader102

I don't know. First off, are you playing on a PC or Mac? What version of Rise of Mankind is it? (Open the Rise of Mankind Version History file inside the folder, and the top most entry should list the newest version). What exactly is the error?

It doesn't say what the error is. It just cuts out right before the game finishs loading.:confused:

redleader102
Jul 28, 2010, 01:03 PM
Oh, and i got 1.73 running before i swapped with 1.74. It's a PC, with...ugh...Vis...damnit, can't say it, it's too horrible!:vomit:...Ok it's...Vista.

os79
Jul 28, 2010, 01:14 PM
Oh, and i got 1.73 running before i swapped with 1.74. It's a PC, with...ugh...Vis...damnit, can't say it, it's too horrible!:vomit:...Ok it's...Vista.

Wait, are you absolutely sure that you

#1 Delete fully old Rise of Mankind folder from your Mods folder
#2 Download RoM 2.92
#3 Put it in Mods
#4 Download 1.74 and install
#5 Download Patch B and install

If no, then do it :).

Teodosio
Jul 28, 2010, 01:42 PM
Crash to Desktop!
Ok this is the content of "A New Dawn.log": :)
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind AND

Windows Version:
Windows

soup567
Jul 28, 2010, 01:48 PM
@Afforess, I'm just wondering how the progress on my bug report is going? O_o

redleader102
Jul 28, 2010, 02:18 PM
Where is ROM 2.92? Can't find it on moddb

Afforess
Jul 28, 2010, 02:20 PM
There is a link on the Main Download Thread and FAQ.

Grathocke
Jul 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
Found a text error with an event. How much gold is that?:)

maglock
Jul 28, 2010, 07:00 PM
Minor issue:

When xUPT is on and a city is full, if you right click a unit outside the city to goto someone, and its path would normally go through the city, the unit just stops and does nothing because it is prevented from moving through the now full city.

It would be nice if the auto generated path went around the city, knowing it was full.

The auto path generation may be hard-coded into Civ IV so I am unsure as to whether this is even possible.

rtt4a
Jul 28, 2010, 08:54 PM
Rom 2.92 + AND 1.74B clean instal

It seems that I cant terraform inside my capital cultural borders, however i can terraform inside my second city borders.. also i cant plant forest inside cultural borders, outside it works fine.

This was not actual game, I just gave my self all techs in worldbuilder and tested how things are working.. Great modmod, thanks a lot!

Ok, some more testing and this is how it goes:

combination culture + fresh water = cant plant forest
combination culture + fresh water = cant terraform marsh, tundra and desert/floodplains

Scarlet_King
Jul 28, 2010, 09:56 PM
The auto path generation may be hard-coded into Civ IV so I am unsure as to whether this is even possible.

It isn't. In 1.73, I know that units auto generated a new path if one path had a full stack in a way. Then again, those units weren't autokicked out of cities when built in a full city so maybe its related?

A New Dawn Log Please?

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

bread smith
Jul 29, 2010, 04:04 AM
hi everybody,

I just came back to ROM since about a year and tryed a game with your AND Mod. Its really impressing! Especially the CTD frequency - I just didn't get any! And the list of new features is that huge. I'm really glad, that you are still working on this Mod and still permanently improving it...

Only the "Recource Depletion" feature I think it's quite annoying.
After I founded the Fishing guild and spreaded it into two of my cities, a few turns later ALL three of my Fish resources vanished. First I thought it was a bug and put them back through the worldbuilder. But then I got the same thing later with Sids Sushi! Again most of the needed resources depleted after a few turns. Actually it is happening with every guild or coporation. Is this really intended?
IMO, corporations don't make sense at all with this feature.
Is it possible to turn it off somehow/somewhere?

Apart from that, I really love this mod! Great work!

calvitix
Jul 29, 2010, 04:54 AM
hi everybody,

I just came back to ROM since about a year and tryed a game with your AND Mod. Its really impressing! Especially the CTD frequency - I just didn't get any! And the list of new features is that huge. I'm really glad, that you are still working on this Mod and still permanently improving it...

Only the "Recource Depletion" feature I think it's quite annoying.
After I founded the Fishing guild and spreaded it into two of my cities, a few turns later ALL three of my Fish resources vanished. First I thought it was a bug and put them back through the worldbuilder. But then I got the same thing later with Sids Sushi! Again most of the needed resources depleted after a few turns. Actually it is happening with every guild or coporation. Is this really intended?
IMO, corporations don't make sense at all with this feature.
Is it possible to turn it off somehow/somewhere?

Apart from that, I really love this mod! Great work!

You can turn it off in the Bug Menu (CTRL+ALT+O) , Tab A new Dawn, upper Right - Resource Depletion)

Swebear
Jul 29, 2010, 05:33 AM

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz 4GB Ram With 64Bit Vista.

I have had memory allocation crashes previously but with larger maps and much later in the game.

Oh yes I noticed something strange, maybe connected. Some wild animals change colour. When they move during in between turn animation and for a little while after they look ok. A little while into my turn they turn black. As far as I can see and remember it is cave lion and lion possibly turning into jaguars?

Maybe something got corrupted during install, I think I will reinstall the mod and see if that helps.

Don't think the reinstall helped, didn't have much time to check carefully last night, but now with patch C both the CTD disappeared and the animal graphics look to be ok.

However I am now getting lots of XML key TXT_KEY... missing messages in the bug->RevDCM options page there is also one in bug->cityscreen options. See attached screen.

calvitix
Jul 29, 2010, 06:25 AM
However I am now getting lots of XML key TXT_KEY... missing messages in the bug->RevDCM options page there is also one in bug->cityscreen options. See attached screen.

:mischief: That's related to the modifications I'have done for the french translation. The file BUGOptions_RevDCMGameText.xml seems outdated.

Here the new one Could you try to copy it into xml/text folder ?

I'll check if it's in the svn and the patch C

Jul 29, 2010, 06:36 AM
1.74B Mountaineering promotion is not available for units w/ Lead By Warlord, nor Field Commanders w/ the Initiative IV promotions.

Swebear
Jul 29, 2010, 06:49 AM
:mischief: That's related to the modifications I'have done for the french translation. The file BUGOptions_RevDCMGameText.xml don't seem outdated.

Here the new one Could you try to copy it into xml/text folder ?

I'll check if it's in the svn and the patch C

I used the one you attached in the main download thread, and that works, fixed both the revdcm errors and the cityscreen one.

Teodosio
Jul 29, 2010, 07:53 AM
Playing AND 1.74C.
Bug: Unhappiness is summed incorrectly: in one of my cities 1+1+5=8?? See the screenshot.
Problem: AI are expanding veeery slowly. I have already 9 cities and each of the AI has at most 3. Playing at monarch difficulty and I am NOT a great Civ player (monarch is usually difficult for me).
I am using 3UPT and ruthless AI.

Savegame is in attachment, this is the A New Dawn log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

calvitix
Jul 29, 2010, 08:45 AM
Afforess,

I found some files that are copied in the wrong folder, with patch C :

CIV4EspionageMissionInfo.xml,
Afforess_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml,
CIV4HandicapInfo.xml,
CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml,
CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml,
CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml,
CIV4SpecialistInfos.xml,

are copied in XML/text instead of XML/Gameinfo when I installed it.

for the TXT_KEY_ errors in the RevDCM menu, I upload the missing files in the svn soon

Jul 29, 2010, 05:43 PM
1.74B Mountaineering promotion is not available for units w/ Lead By Warlord, nor Field Commanders w/ the Initiative IV promotions.

This is still an issue in Patch D. Also Sun Tzu's Art of War does not provide the Upgrade Discount promotion. (Perhaps a problem with the special promotions tech?)

Afforess
Jul 29, 2010, 06:19 PM
Also Sun Tzu's Art of War does not provide the Upgrade Discount promotion. (Perhaps a problem with the special promotions tech?)

Not a bug, it' a feature. Read the Hover Text! ;)

soup567
Jul 29, 2010, 09:31 PM
Afforess did you find the problem in my RoM folder yet?

Afforess
Jul 29, 2010, 09:32 PM
Afforess did you find the problem in my RoM folder yet?

I download it; but are you sure you gave me the right folder? It had a copy of Rise of Mankind 2.91, not 2.92, and I couldn't even get it to load from all the XML errors because of that.

soup567
Jul 29, 2010, 09:38 PM
I download it; but are you sure you gave me the right folder? It had a copy of Rise of Mankind 2.91, not 2.92, and I couldn't even get it to load from all the XML errors because of that.

I hadn't upgraded to RoM 2.92 yet because I started a really good game with RoM 2.91 and with AND 1.73, which wasn't compatible with RoM 2.92. Then the next version of AND came out, and I felt like finishing my current game before downloading the next version. And then I got the weird CTD's, and my computer's specs seem more than enough to handle a game on a gigantic map with 50 civs, so I thought that the problem was something else.

Cyrusfan
Jul 29, 2010, 09:41 PM
The doodad that calculates building bonuses for those available for construction appears to include the bonus given during construction due to the presence of a building the one in question replaces. Specifically, I noticed the Mason Guild Hall was giving a production penalty, apparently because the stonemason's hut's bonus to build MGH was included in the calculation. Where this really causes me a problem is in the production tooltip (the "what can I build that will give me production bonuses" one), when the numbers work out in such a way that the MGH is calculated to have 0 effect, and is thus not included on that list.

os79
Jul 29, 2010, 09:44 PM
Did you want Banking tech to require Usury tech? I recall you or someone else saying that you will put that in this version. Well, Banking doesn't require Usury in this game here. Not a bug to me but is curious :).

Domino369
Jul 30, 2010, 04:44 AM
Dang, waiting for other civs bug on my end. The drop down from Eternity Speed to Marathon greatly helped out the AI, at least til I get my nukes!
Here's the save of it right before the "waiting" and I hope it helps pinpoint some bug. Patch D 1.74.

Hyronymus
Jul 30, 2010, 05:29 AM
Patch D fixed quite some stuff but I'm still missing icons in texts. I.e. the trade symbol doesn't appear in the descirption for Sailing.

EDIT: scratch that, it just never appears! Not even on city bars.
EDIT2: unhealthy icons don't appear either. And I have the sneaking suspicion that many icons are mixed up somehow. Will attach a screenshot soon.

schack
Jul 30, 2010, 07:51 AM
In 1.74D the tooltip text for Machine Tools say that you can construct "International Port" while it is actually "Container Port".

strategyonly
Jul 30, 2010, 08:19 AM
Afforess @

Were do you have it that you changed the GlobalDefines in the GlobalWarming from Desert to Plains, i put in GRASS in the original and its NOT taking effect:(

Also about the worker situation: see pic

Miyagui
Jul 30, 2010, 08:42 AM
Hi there
I'm getting this error every time I try to load the mod:

Tag: GAMEOPTION_NO_INQUISITIONS is Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

This started since I updated to 1.74. Currently I am using 1.74b and getting the same issue as well. Will download 1.74d and check if it still hapeens. Other than that, the game loads fine, but crashes in player setup part of loading if I try to play a gigantic map with 50 players.

One question here: I'm downloading 1.74d, but I didn't see 1.74c. Does the d patch contains the fixes on c patch? Or I need to install c and d in the order?

Thanks

schack
Jul 30, 2010, 08:48 AM
Did you update to RoM 2.92 as well when you updated to AND 1.74?
And letter revisions of AND patches are cumulative, so fixed contained in revision c will also be found in revision d.

Miyagui
Jul 30, 2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks Schack.

I did. I've tried deleting the entire RoM folder and donwloaded it again and installed, but still getting the same problem. On last post I said it was crashing when creating a game in gigantic map with 50 players, but it seems that it is crashing in any game I create.

I'll try to reinstall Civ and BTS to see if it still happens.

Hyronymus
Jul 30, 2010, 09:40 AM
Afforess: I see someone reported the same bug with 1.73b9. A clean install fixed it for that guy, but for me it doesn't as I altered 2 things in the civilization's xml. But that's simply all, I just replaced 2 techs :(.

os79
Jul 30, 2010, 10:38 AM
Reporting infinite loop...

Here's my AND log and savegame. Again, don't forget to delete or remove Warlord from Custom Units.
Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

Temi
Jul 30, 2010, 12:26 PM
Hi.

My game crashes when I end the curent turn. I have tried going back trough the auto saves but I always crash when I get to this turn.

Im playing with AND 1.74D

Fuyu
Jul 30, 2010, 01:39 PM
It was an infinite loop caused by Better AI not me, for a change. I'll have a patch up in a few hours.Please report stuff like that to Better AI forums.

Vokac
Jul 30, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hi there
I'm getting this error every time I try to load the mod:

Tag: GAMEOPTION_NO_INQUISITIONS is Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

This started since I updated to 1.74. Currently I am using 1.74b and getting the same issue as well. Will download 1.74d and check if it still hapeens. Other than that, the game loads fine, but crashes in player setup part of loading if I try to play a gigantic map with 50 players.

One question here: I'm downloading 1.74d, but I didn't see 1.74c. Does the d patch contains the fixes on c patch? Or I need to install c and d in the order?

Thanks

I had this problem, and it was due to ROM 2.91 and AND 1.74.
Go back a couple pages in this thread and there are some links for the newer version of ROM.

Afforess
Jul 30, 2010, 05:05 PM
The doodad that calculates building bonuses for those available for construction appears to include the bonus given during construction due to the presence of a building the one in question replaces. Specifically, I noticed the Mason Guild Hall was giving a production penalty, apparently because the stonemason's hut's bonus to build MGH was included in the calculation. Where this really causes me a problem is in the production tooltip (the "what can I build that will give me production bonuses" one), when the numbers work out in such a way that the MGH is calculated to have 0 effect, and is thus not included on that list.

You lose me; could you show what you mean in a screenshot?

Did you want Banking tech to require Usury tech? I recall you or someone else saying that you will put that in this version. Well, Banking doesn't require Usury in this game here. Not a bug to me but is curious :).

What game are you playing, it works fine for me.

http://i29.tinypic.com/19b1i9.png

Dang, waiting for other civs bug on my end. The drop down from Eternity Speed to Marathon greatly helped out the AI, at least til I get my nukes!
Here's the save of it right before the "waiting" and I hope it helps pinpoint some bug. Patch D 1.74.

Can I have your A New Dawn log?

Patch D fixed quite some stuff but I'm still missing icons in texts. I.e. the trade symbol doesn't appear in the descirption for Sailing.

EDIT: scratch that, it just never appears! Not even on city bars.
EDIT2: unhealthy icons don't appear either. And I have the sneaking suspicion that many icons are mixed up somehow. Will attach a screenshot soon.

I'd guess you modified the game incorrectly in some way, because AND alone does not experience this.

In 1.74D the tooltip text for Machine Tools say that you can construct "International Port" while it is actually "Container Port".

Thanks for the FYI.

Afforess @

Were do you have it that you changed the GlobalDefines in the GlobalWarming from Desert to Plains, i put in GRASS in the original and its NOT taking effect:(

Also about the worker situation: see pic

No, I didn't change the global defines. Did you forget that RoM uses the Global Warming mod? How the terrain changes is mostly in the SDK.

Did you update to RoM 2.92 as well when you updated to AND 1.74?
And letter revisions of AND patches are cumulative, so fixed contained in revision c will also be found in revision d.

Patches are indeed cumulative.

Reporting infinite loop...

Here's my AND log and savegame. Again, don't forget to delete or remove Warlord from Custom Units.
Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

Will take a look at...

Hi.

My game crashes when I end the curent turn. I have tried going back trough the auto saves but I always crash when I get to this turn.

Im playing with AND 1.74D

Can I have a save and your A New Dawn log? Please read the OP. ;)

schack
Jul 30, 2010, 05:37 PM
In 1.74D:
Naval Academy can be constructed in inland cities if they're situated by a lake.
Fish Market can be built in any city that has fish/clam/crab/shrimp/whale and one of the pre-requisite buildings - buildings that cannot be built in an inland city. Perhaps it should also be dependant on being seaside?
Tailor Shop can be built in any city as long as one of the necessary ressources are available. Not sure if this is by design since other resource-dependant buildings require it in vicinity.
Early Tank: Description says it should have a movement of 2, but it only has 1. Same goes for the Heavy Tank M26.

Temi
Jul 30, 2010, 05:43 PM
Can I have a save and your A New Dawn log? Please read the OP. ;)

Not to argue but... the files are there! ;p

The A new dawn log file is admitely a .txt instead of .log as it wouldnt let me/i failed to upload the .log, figured it wouldnt make a difference.

Anyway ill try uploading them elsewhere:
http://www.filefront.com/17160152/A New Dawn.log
http://www.filefront.com/17160155/Temi AD-0385.CivBeyondSwordSave

Afforess
Jul 30, 2010, 05:45 PM
Not to argue but... the files are there! ;p

The A new dawn log file is admitely a .txt instead of .log as it wouldnt let me/i failed to upload the .log, figured it wouldnt make a difference.

Anyway ill try uploading them elsewhere:
http://www.filefront.com/17160152/A New Dawn.log
http://www.filefront.com/17160155/Temi AD-0385.CivBeyondSwordSave

Sorry, I must have missed them. Thanks for making it clearer. I've had a long day... ~35 hours no sleep... :mischief:

os79
Jul 30, 2010, 08:37 PM
Is there any hope for my game to continue? The one that is stuck with infinite loop?

Arkatakor
Jul 30, 2010, 09:07 PM
This infinite loop smacked me in the industrial era. Industrial era also increase the length of AI turns quite significantly. This bug report probably belongs in the better AI forum; not sure.

Got my save attached. Here's my AND log:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM {Better RoM} {Modern Corporations} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
1.74 beta9

Install Directory:
D:\games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Scarlet_King
Jul 30, 2010, 11:30 PM
In 1.74D:
Naval Academy can be constructed in inland cities if they're situated by a lake.

That may actually not be a bug.....

Justin Cray
Jul 31, 2010, 01:23 AM
Sorry, I must have missed them. Thanks for making it clearer. I've had a long day... ~35 hours no sleep... :mischief:

dude go to sleep, this mod is awesome but your health must come first

Afforess
Jul 31, 2010, 05:49 AM
dude go to sleep, this mod is awesome but your health must come first

I did.

Is there any hope for my game to continue? The one that is stuck with infinite loop?

I have no idea; I have not debugged anything since Patch D. Patience.

strategyonly
Jul 31, 2010, 06:05 AM
Do you have any idea(s) what could cause this?

Afforess
Jul 31, 2010, 06:08 AM
Empty Descriptions? XML issues? IDK. A debug DLL would tell for sure.

strategyonly
Jul 31, 2010, 06:10 AM
Empty Descriptions? XML issues? IDK. A debug DLL would tell for sure.

Any current debug dll's around, i have no idea how to do, sorry:blush:

EDIT: Also i have a Gigantic continent(s) map with only ONE continent with Iron and two with Horse?? (Play Now (Planet Generator). I thought i'd try this stuff out for the first time, but i guess i will have to go back to my Custom maps.

winthrowe
Jul 31, 2010, 10:04 AM
I don't know if it's exactly a bug, since it's been like this forever, but was there a reason missionaries and spies don't get built with food under conscription?

Argroww
Jul 31, 2010, 10:15 AM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I had a quick read through the last few posts, I've got 1.74D and have noticed that I can chop forests down before getting Bronze Working (which supposedly allows that).

Not sure if this is an AND bug or a ROM bug, but if the tech is specifically meant to allow the chopping of forests then it IS a bug......

On a positive note, brilliant mod, just wish my laptop could do it justice (usually works fine up until mid-game unless I turn down every graphic option and play on any map smaller than Standard...which is irritating, but nothing that anyone can do anything about)

JosEPh_II
Jul 31, 2010, 10:21 AM
<snip>

EDIT: Also i have a Gigantic continent(s) map with only ONE continent with Iron and two with Horse?? (Play Now (Planet Generator). I thought i'd try this stuff out for the first time, but i guess i will have to go back to my Custom maps.

This has been a common occurrence since the "limited resource" modmod has been added. (I wish it were an Option not a requirement)

Did you try the Balanced resource setting? (I don't remember if that's in Play Now, it is in Custom.)

JosEPh

JosEPh_II
Jul 31, 2010, 10:25 AM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I had a quick read through the last few posts, I've got 1.74D and have noticed that I can chop forests down before getting Bronze Working (which supposedly allows that).

Not sure if this is an AND bug or a ROM bug, but if the tech is specifically meant to allow the chopping of forests then it IS a bug......

It's a Feature not a Bug. You can chop/burn prior to Bronze but you don't get any Hammers from it.

JosEPh

Argroww
Jul 31, 2010, 10:27 AM
Ahh...just confused me a bit ,tis all, wondering how my units could manage to build improvements in forested areas when they hadn't discovered how to chop trees down, doesn't ruin the gameplay though, thanks Joseph.

os79
Jul 31, 2010, 10:41 AM
What, Joseph!? Resource Depletion is a BUG option. And it is off by default!

JosEPh_II
Jul 31, 2010, 11:08 AM
@os79
strategyonly was Not posting about Resource Depletion but about resource Scarcity. 2 different parts of the Mod.

JosEPh :/

Domino369
Jul 31, 2010, 11:28 AM
Here's the log to my previously posted save:

os79
Jul 31, 2010, 11:30 AM
@os79
strategyonly was Not posting about Resource Depletion but about resource Scarcity. 2 different parts of the Mod.

JosEPh :/

There is no such thing as Resource Scarcity Modmod. There may had been tweaks of bonusinfos.xml, but that's it.

JosEPh_II
Jul 31, 2010, 11:47 AM
I can't remember the posters name but Afforess used his ideas about making resources more strategic/scarce than what RoM uses. I dont' recall if he made a modmod but I do know afforess incorporated his ideas. I'll find his name and posts soon enough.

So are we going to split hairs or fence with semantics?

The point is strategyonly was Not talking about the Depletion Mod. 1 iron and 2 horse for the whole world map using Play Now (planet generator).

JosEPh

Afforess
Jul 31, 2010, 11:52 AM
Os79, your infinite loop is the result of Zappara allowing elephants to build roads... Gr.

os79
Jul 31, 2010, 12:45 PM
Os79, your infinite loop is the result of Zappara allowing elephants to build roads... Gr.

Savegame compatible if I'm careful to set to 0 the boolean value and whatever else? I'm going to test it out and report back if you don't reply to my question before then.

os79
Jul 31, 2010, 01:00 PM
Savegame compatible if I'm careful to set to 0 the boolean value and whatever else? I'm going to test it out and report back if you don't reply to my question before then.

Sorry for dbl post but necessary to move along discussion without missing anything...

Anyway, I tested changing boolean value of AI_Worker, Build_(all types of roads, fort, quarry, and removing forest/jungle) to 0. Elephant Rider (no UU) and War Elephant (have two or three UUs) were modified that way in Unitinfos.xml in Assets/XML/Unit folder. Then started up my game.

SUCCESS! No infinite loop. And, yes, savegame compatible!

Afforess
Jul 31, 2010, 01:08 PM
Sorry for dbl post but necessary to move along discussion without missing anything...

Anyway, I tested changing boolean value of AI_Worker, Build_(all types of roads, fort, quarry, and removing forest/jungle) to 0. Elephant Rider (no UU) and War Elephant (have two or three UUs) were modified that way in Unitinfos.xml in Assets/XML/Unit folder. Then started up my game.

SUCCESS! No infinite loop. And, yes, savegame compatible!

Yep, I know. I'll be adding that in the next patch anyway, but I'm glad your game can continue.

os79
Jul 31, 2010, 01:09 PM
Yep, I know. I'll be adding that in the next patch anyway, but I'm glad your game can continue.

Before I forget :blush:... Thanks! :D

Malchar
Jul 31, 2010, 07:16 PM
This isn't a bug so much as a balance issue. I've noticed that with workable mountains, sometimes the only iron and copper for miles is located on a mountain, which makes it almost entirely useless. One game, I started with both iron and copper near my capital, but they were in mountains. Since I already had those strategic resources near, there weren't any other strategic resources for miles. It's not that big of a problem though; I like a challenge.

Scarlet_King
Jul 31, 2010, 08:43 PM
This isn't a bug so much as a balance issue. I've noticed that with workable mountains, sometimes the only iron and copper for miles is located on a mountain, which makes it almost entirely useless. One game, I started with both iron and copper near my capital, but they were in mountains. Since I already had those strategic resources near, there weren't any other strategic resources for miles. It's not that big of a problem though; I like a challenge.

This happens to me more often than I would like but it does provide a pretty nice challenge and makes working that mountain a must once I reach Mountaineering and Algebra.

dom0728
Jul 31, 2010, 11:14 PM
I keep getting runtime error when i make a new game. It goes to the loading bar and it says initializing graphics. took a long time and it didnt move. When i heard the music stop playing, i see the runtime error.
using steam to play this game and vista

helgish
Aug 01, 2010, 12:45 AM
Attached are screenshots I took as I was trying to install A New Dawn 1.74...about 85% of the way through I get an error message. I click 'ok' and then it says installtion was complete. However, tonight I tried to play Rise of Mankind and the game loaded like normal, until I got to the play screen, my units were there, but no HUD. There was a short list of erros, but the error list disappered before I could do anything. What happened to the g#$%^%n HUD?! Is it part of the instalation error? Is there a button I can hit? How do I take a screenshot in game? Thanks for your time.

Gwydion62
Aug 01, 2010, 01:46 AM
Hi,

I realy love your Mods, but after changing from 1.73 to 1.74 it's not loading. Everytimne its a crash during loading the mod. I installed D and now patch F. Same story...
Without the ModMod RoM 2.92 is running fine...
Ideas?
regards

climat
Aug 01, 2010, 02:27 AM
I keep getting runtime error when i make a new game. It goes to the loading bar and it says initializing graphics. took a long time and it didnt move. When i heard the music stop playing, i see the runtime error.
using steam to play this game and vista
Play smaller maps and with less AIs.

Justin Cray
Aug 01, 2010, 03:56 AM
Attached are screenshots I took as I was trying to install A New Dawn 1.74...about 85% of the way through I get an error message. I click 'ok' and then it says installtion was complete. However, tonight I tried to play Rise of Mankind and the game loaded like normal, until I got to the play screen, my units were there, but no HUD. There was a short list of erros, but the error list disappered before I could do anything. What happened to the g#$%^%n HUD?! Is it part of the instalation error? Is there a button I can hit? How do I take a screenshot in game? Thanks for your time.

I get the same problem when I try to run the patch on a diferent drive from the one where civ is installed.

One thing you also can do is point the patch to an empty folder, it creates all the directories and files so you can then just copy the Rise of Mankind folder over.

delez
Aug 01, 2010, 04:07 AM
sorry but I don't know how post it.
I ve a CTD problem. I m playing wit rom 2.91 and 1.73 patched. win 7. Hige map. 6mb ram.
this is the problem

Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
Nome applicazione: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Versione applicazione: 3.1.9.0
Timestamp applicazione: 4a0c27e6
Nome modulo con errori: D3D9.DLL
Versione modulo con errori: 6.1.7600.16385
Timestamp modulo con errori: 4a5bd9a9
Codice eccezione: c0000005
Offset eccezione: 00035794
Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 8485
Ulteriori informazioni 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Ulteriori informazioni 3: a4ea
Ulteriori informazioni 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

This happens in year 1754/55. It's impossobile go on, Please help, thanks

schack
Aug 01, 2010, 04:58 AM
Having a Seaplane selected and right clicking somewhere causes a CTD.
I also can't seem to rebase it, neither to inland nor coastal cities nor ships (Heavy Destroyer) though it can load on to a ship in the city.

Save is too big to upload, but can be found at http://www.filefront.com/17163588/Anders Schack AD-1981.CivBeyondSwordSave

Edit: Happens with Fighters too.

Edit2: Was tied to Rebase Range -1. Once changed to 0 it worked fine.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Vista

Argroww
Aug 01, 2010, 06:57 AM
Odd....could have sworn that I posted this yesterday, but can't see my post.

I was wondering how the limited resource mod worked, so far I've played 2 games on snail pace. In one of those games I found some marble, built a quarry and the next turn it was depleted, at that point I had 4 cities and nothing that I was building made use of marble.

In a second game I found stone, built a quarry on it and 4 turns later it was depleted, only 3 cities this time and again nothing that I was building required stone, replaced the stone with World Builder and it depleted about 4 turns later.

I'd find it odd that any resource would deplete so quickly even on a faster game speed, but considering that I was playing on snail speed then surely resources should take far longer to deplete?

Axil
Aug 01, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm getting a bug with aircraft with AND 1.74. I do not seem able to rebase any aircraft

Hyronymus
Aug 01, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'm getting a bug with aircraft with AND 1.74. I do not seem able to rebase any aircraft
Not a bug I think but a setting. Go to the BUG screen (Alt + Ctrl + O) and select the tab called 'A New Dawn'. In the right bottom you find a setting called 'Rebase Range'. 0 means indefnite range, -1 means no range and the others are the max. range.

schack
Aug 01, 2010, 07:58 AM
It seems Airstrikes cause me CTDs too. Should be reproducable with the save attached in the earlier post. Fighter Intercept works fine though.
Edit: Was tied to Rebase Range -1. Once changed to 0 it worked fine.

Axil
Aug 01, 2010, 08:02 AM
Not a bug I think but a setting. Go to the BUG screen (Alt + Ctrl + O) and select the tab called 'A New Dawn'. In the right bottom you find a setting called 'Rebase Range'. 0 means indefnite range, -1 means no range and the others are the max. range.

Thanks that was it :)

climat
Aug 01, 2010, 08:27 AM
Odd....could have sworn that I posted this yesterday, but can't see my post.

I was wondering how the limited resource mod worked, so far I've played 2 games on snail pace. In one of those games I found some marble, built a quarry and the next turn it was depleted, at that point I had 4 cities and nothing that I was building made use of marble.

In a second game I found stone, built a quarry on it and 4 turns later it was depleted, only 3 cities this time and again nothing that I was building required stone, replaced the stone with World Builder and it depleted about 4 turns later.

I'd find it odd that any resource would deplete so quickly even on a faster game speed, but considering that I was playing on snail speed then surely resources should take far longer to deplete?

I showed this, too. I was in Eternity, even slower speed.
I turned off that option, since then. It makes resource completely useless.

Argroww
Aug 01, 2010, 09:19 AM
Can limited resources be turned off during a game, or will I need to start a new game?

Oh and as previously mentioned I'm running on a laptop in order to get the game to run effectively I have to turn down all graphics options and turn off movies, I also have to play on a small map, I have XP an an OS. Is there anything else I can do to improve performance to allow me to play on bigger maps? Clearly this is subjective as I might need to supply specific details on my hardware, but i was wondering if there are any generic things I can do with XP or Civ to improve performance?

winthrowe
Aug 01, 2010, 09:50 AM
I can't build wall street in the same city as my central bank, but the description doesn't mention. one of those should change :)

os79
Aug 01, 2010, 10:28 AM
Can limited resources be turned off during a game, or will I need to start a new game?

Oh and as previously mentioned I'm running on a laptop in order to get the game to run effectively I have to turn down all graphics options and turn off movies, I also have to play on a small map, I have XP an an OS. Is there anything else I can do to improve performance to allow me to play on bigger maps? Clearly this is subjective as I might need to supply specific details on my hardware, but i was wondering if there are any generic things I can do with XP or Civ to improve performance?

If you are talking about Resource Depletion, then it should had been off by default. You turned it on yourself in BUG options. Therefore, you should be able to test it out and turn it off in-game through BUG.

schack
Aug 01, 2010, 12:00 PM
Right, let's try again after some more testing:
Airstrikes (at least with Seaplanes) cause CTD. Bombing is fine as is Intercept.

Save can be found at http://www.filefront.com/17164340/Anders Schack AD-2002-April.CivBeyondSwordSave

AND version 1.74D

Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Vista

Hyronymus
Aug 01, 2010, 01:18 PM
And rebase isn't -1, schack :P?

Can it be tied to automated units allowing to rebase? Haven't gotten sofar myself yet with 1.74 but perhaps you can try.

JDR
Aug 01, 2010, 04:51 PM
Just some feedback. Great Modmod, and thanks for all the hard work.

I have one minor complaint about the most recent version. The unit XP changes are fine by themselves. Don't have a problem with getting 1/4 point or 1/2 point for an easy kill. The problem is that the Great General calculations don't recognize these partial points.

Again thanks for this great addition to a great mod.

os79
Aug 01, 2010, 05:01 PM
Just some feedback. Great Modmod, and thanks for all the hard work.

I have one minor complaint about the most recent version. The unit XP changes are fine by themselves. Don't have a problem with getting 1/4 point or 1/2 point for an easy kill. The problem is that the Great General calculations don't recognize these partial points.

Again thanks for this great addition to a great mod.

Oh, GG points DO add up. You simply can not see it because it is so tiny.

JosEPh_II
Aug 01, 2010, 06:21 PM
Patch E broke my Patch D game. Runtime error on start up.

I did d/l the latest java update last tonight too. Could be the culprit as I havn't had a runtime error in ages.

JosEPh

os79
Aug 01, 2010, 06:44 PM
Patch E broke my Patch D game. Runtime error on start up.

I did d/l the latest java update last tonight too. Could be the culprit as I havn't had a runtime error in ages.

JosEPh

Could be. I have my game patched to E and my savegame continues :).

dragonmetal
Aug 01, 2010, 11:42 PM
Searched, but didn't find anyone else with this problem. Egypt declared war on me. Yet my Minutemen III and Hydrogen bombs are showing a range of 1. Tried nuking an Egyptian city regardless, and nothing. No friendly territory anywhere near the targets. Was wondering why the AI only built IRBM's and MRBM's. Now I know why.

Domino369
Aug 01, 2010, 11:45 PM
New bug, you make the rebels of a country declare peace and the next turn it's an instant CtD
I guess my log file won't attach but it's basically the one before but patched to 1.74E

JDR
Aug 02, 2010, 12:20 AM
Oh, GG points DO add up. You simply can not see it because it is so tiny.

Well, I haven't looked at the code so I'll assume you have. But if it is so tiny that you get zero GG points after taking out 3 well defended enemy cities. I think my point stands. It seems kind of silly to have to attack with your worst odds attackers just so you can get GG points.

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 01:14 AM
Well, I haven't looked at the code so I'll assume you have. But if it is so tiny that you get zero GG points after taking out 3 well defended enemy cities. I think my point stands. It seems kind of silly to have to attack with your worst odds attackers just so you can get GG points.

Personally, having a game's strategy being set upon the number of GGs you can get is overpowered for humans. That is why it is good Afforess coded it this way. Now you are forced to use your GGs that you successfully got wisely. At present, I have only three GGs converted into GCs, and thus only three stacks for invading cities. And that is in late Medieval era. That is more than enough on Noble level. I already had absorbed two civs (no vassals on). Therefore, I'm very comfortable with how Afforess coded it.

However, if you object very strongly to this system, you can always turn off Dynamic Experience in BUG->tab RoMSettings.

strategyonly
Aug 02, 2010, 02:21 AM
However, if you object very strongly to this system, you can always turn off Dynamic Experience in BUG->tab RoMSettings.

Sorry cant find it:confused:

Axil
Aug 02, 2010, 03:32 AM
Right, let's try again after some more testing:
Airstrikes (at least with Seaplanes) cause CTD. Bombing is fine as is Intercept.

Save can be found at http://www.filefront.com/17164340/Anders Schack AD-2002-April.CivBeyondSwordSave

AND version 1.74D

Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Vista

Airstrikes appear to be broken with all capable planes

Hyronymus
Aug 02, 2010, 03:43 AM
New bug, you make the rebels of a country declare peace and the next turn it's an instant CtD
I guess my log file won't attach but it's basically the one before but patched to 1.74E
Do you have Revolutions running?

JDR
Aug 02, 2010, 05:16 AM
At present, I have only three GGs converted into GCs, and thus only three stacks for invading cities. And that is in late Medieval era. That is more than enough on Noble level.

That sounds perfect. Maybe it scales funny.

I'm playing on Snail and there's no way I'll get 3 GGs by that time. I haven't gotten one yet and I just defeated my 4th rival, building the Great Library, variable difficulty been pegged on Deity for some time.

The bar seems to have stopped moving. Why I questioned whether the game keeps track of the 1/4 xp battles or just rounds them down.

If you're getting 1/4 xp for an attack, shouldn't you get one GG point every 4 attacks? That doesn't seem to be happening. That's the only reason I raised the issue.

climat
Aug 02, 2010, 09:03 AM
EDIT: False Alarm

bread smith
Aug 02, 2010, 09:23 AM
I cannot airlift units. I've got Airports in every city and the button for airlifting is there, but all possible targets (other cities) are grey:confused:
Am I missing something?

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 11:44 AM
This error comes up.

Try a very clean install of...

RoM 2.92,

AND 1.74,

then...

AND 1.74 Patch E

Then try again. If you still get this error, report back. Reason I'm saying this is because I get no such errors here on my machine :). Already patched to E and playing a satisfying game right now :D.

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 11:45 AM
I cannot airlift units. I've got Airports in every city and the button for airlifting is there, but all possible targets (other cities) are grey:confused:
Am I missing something?

Try go into BUG Option Screen and go to RoMSettings tab, then go down to Rebase area and change from -1 to 0. See if it works.

bread smith
Aug 02, 2010, 11:50 AM
Try go into BUG Option Screen and go to RoMSettings tab, then go down to Rebase area and change from -1 to 0. See if it works.

Thanks! Will try it tonight. I think rebasing planes was also impossible, so maybe you are right and this will fix it...

dbkblk
Aug 02, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hey ! Thanks for this wonderful modmod !

I've got a problem while playing. I've noticed that at a game start, with mines, my worker can build a mine while cutting forests or jungles whereas i haven't discovered bronze or iron work ?
I think this is a bug !

In vanilla RoM, i can build a mine and keep the forest around. I guess this is the behavior it should have.

climat
Aug 02, 2010, 12:38 PM
It's not a bug. It's a feature.

Try a very clean install

Yep. Problem solved.

Afforess, do graphical changes break save files?
If they don't, I think buttons should be updated to generalstaff's new buttons. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9435026&postcount=156)

NBAfan
Aug 02, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hey ! Thanks for this wonderful modmod !

I've got a problem while playing. I've noticed that at a game start, with mines, my worker can build a mine while cutting forests or jungles whereas i haven't discovered bronze or iron work ?
I think this is a bug !

In vanilla RoM, i can build a mine and keep the forest around. I guess this is the behavior it should have.It is working as intended. You can chop forests or jungles from the beginning, but you don't get any hammers untill you discover Bronze Wroking.

dbkblk
Aug 02, 2010, 01:37 PM
Ok, thanks for the quick answer.

I noticed another strange behavior, Catherine from Russia founded a new religion but... the choose religion screen appeared on my screen and i choosed which religion SHE founded !

Is this another intended feature ?

President
Aug 02, 2010, 01:41 PM
Poodles.

Well, apparently the game crashes every time I reach the year 1453. Can anyone show me how to fix it?

I have RoM 2.92, AND 1.94 and Patch E, and Clash of Civilizations. (I don't believe Clash of Civilizations would be the problem here.)

Domino369
Aug 02, 2010, 01:49 PM
Yep, I always have revolutions on, this seems to be the only bug with it. Either way, I just deleted their units to move the game on.

crismac
Aug 02, 2010, 02:39 PM
I must say this is a fantastic Mod :thumbsup:I have never had this much fun playing Civ IV :goodjob:

I have a question,I still use AND 1.74 beta 9.I have had zero problems so far(other than the religion bug)and I was thinking of patching to current version.Will I still be able to play my current game or will I need to start over.If the latter,I think I might wait until I complete my game before I patch.

:)

NBAfan
Aug 02, 2010, 02:43 PM
I must say this is a fantastic Mod :thumbsup:I have never had this much fun playing Civ IV :goodjob:

I have a question,I still use AND 1.74 beta 9.I have had zero problems so far(other than the religion bug)and I was thinking of patching to current version.Will I still be able to play my current game or will I need to start over.If the latter,I think I might wait until I complete my game before I patch.

:)It is not save compatible.

President
Aug 02, 2010, 03:03 PM
Yep, I always have revolutions on, this seems to be the only bug with it. Either way, I just deleted their units to move the game on.

This is a problem with the revolutions feature, then? If so, how did you delete the barbarian units in order for the revolutions to work? Was it through World Builder?

strategyonly
Aug 02, 2010, 03:04 PM
Poodles.

Well, apparently the game crashes every time I reach the year 1453. Can anyone show me how to fix it?

I have RoM 2.92, AND 1.74 and Patch E, and Clash of Civilizations. (I don't believe Clash of Civilizations would be the problem here.)

I believe you are wrong in that assumption, i believe that Clash of Civs is the problem, it just needs to be updated, (In my opinion).

Then why play with Rev on?

Dancing Hoskuld
Aug 02, 2010, 03:34 PM
This has probably been reported but I did a mark all read on the Rise of mankind forum by mistake and lost where I was up to with these.

AND 1.74 patch E log
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Civic Diplomacy}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
WinXP

Bugs(?)

Even though I have Guilds off I can build the Guild Halls, the ones without the star in the icon
Whenever I build a Jousting Tournament in a city I get the movie. Either I should not be able to build it everywhere or it should not have a movie
San marco Plaza wonder goes obsolete which means I then have to build market places everywhere :(

Is there a log or something which tells you which options I have on and off since I reckon that this may be useful information for bug finding.

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 04:07 PM
Bugs(?)
San marco Plaza wonder goes obsolete which means I then have to build market places everywhere :(

Not a bug. It fixes the problem where I have markets everywhere when I want to build Grocer (available at Guilds), that replaces market in BuildingUpgradePaths.

President
Aug 02, 2010, 04:57 PM
I believe you are wrong in that assumption, i believe that Clash of Civs is the problem, it just needs to be updated, (In my opinion).

Then why play with Rev on?

Good point, but, before I installed AND 1.94 and Patch E, I had AND 1.94 BETA with RoM 2.92 and Clash of Civilizations, and Clash of Civilizations worked perfectly with those versions. From what I suspect, whenever the game crashes at the time specified of 1453, some barbarian cities finally seem to be organizing into a civilization, since you get that sound where you would be informed of a new civilization forming. In that way, maybe it is a problem with the minor civilizations mod.

EDIT: Solved the bug. I just had to rig the game to make a revolution before 1453 by increasing a city's population to around 30 or so, so that it would form a new state.

Dancing Hoskuld
Aug 02, 2010, 05:38 PM
Not a bug. It fixes the problem where I have markets everywhere when I want to build Grocer (available at Guilds), that replaces market in BuildingUpgradePaths.

So you can't build grocer if you have a market if you have BuildingUpgradePaths? yet another reason not to use it :mischief::mischief:.

Another interesting item. You can't build Corpernicus' Obsorbvatory where you have Lenardo's Workshop or Newton's College but you can build them where you have the first.

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 06:05 PM
So you can't build grocer if you have a market if you have BuildingUpgradePaths? yet another reason not to use it :mischief::mischief:.

Look at my gold amount and gold/turn. Tell me whether or not I'm having a problem or not :mischief:.
And you misunderstand me. When I build a grocer, it REPLACES a market. I can build a market but I don't need it anymore when I have a grocer.

Dancing Hoskuld
Aug 02, 2010, 06:24 PM
Look at my gold amount and gold/turn. Tell me whether or not I'm having a problem or not :mischief:.
And you misunderstand me. When I build a grocer, it REPLACES a market. I can build a market but I don't need it anymore when I have a grocer.

I have noticed that when playing just RoM, I struggle to get my science above 60% through out the game. With my stuff including AAranda's stuff I can usually have it at 65-70% but with AND by the time I am in the Renassiance I have it at 75% science, 10% culture, 15% espinoage and still I have about +500 coming in per turn.

Killtech
Aug 02, 2010, 06:28 PM
[...]
you have a large empire and that's why you get that much commerce. with the alternative civics i've increased the maintenance a bit. however they have still several problems and i didn't update them so far.

but thinking on it i suppose it makes sense to consider some changes to the default inflation since it grows with time and strikes most when you have a well developed empire. considering how many additional commerce there is from tile yields and buildings compared to vanilla BtS this is more then legit. for the start however i would not increase inflation too strong. better only a 20% increase for the start.

also costs for advanced military units should be increased. maybe even an additional upkeep fee for highly experienced units. this would surely balance things a lot as the AI doesn't keep experienced units and would compensate for their over-power.

climat
Aug 02, 2010, 06:48 PM
Do improvements increase maintenance?
If not, it may be considered for balance.

Afforess
Aug 02, 2010, 07:25 PM
For Better RoM, I'm thinking about scaling city maintenance compared to the next largest empire. So if you empire has 12 cities, and the next largest empire has only 6, your maintenance is doubled. (Maintenance * 12 / 6). That should reduce maintenance for the AI's (the next largest AI's maintenance would be (Maintenance * 6 / 12), or cut in half...), most of the time, and increase maintenance for humans, most of the time. If you don't use Better RoM, no change. A good plan?

Also, I've completely gutted the Fixed Borders AI, and am rewriting it. The AI so far can claim forts, and does so; as well as build forts on potential city sites to protect them. Also, the AI will claim territory when it has to heal in enemy land... Any other specific strategies I should add for Fixed Borders?

Scarlet_King
Aug 02, 2010, 08:34 PM
Also, I've completely gutted the Fixed Borders AI, and am rewriting it. The AI so far can claim forts, and does so; as well as build forts on potential city sites to protect them. Also, the AI will claim territory when it has to heal in enemy land... Any other specific strategies I should add for Fixed Borders?

Tell them to not pillage tiles they're claiming. I've seen the AI, quite a few times, raze a copper mine and then claim it.

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 09:14 PM
:lol: Yeah they do set up forts before getting a city in. That was cause celebre (or whatever fancy Latin phrase is for starting wars :lol:) why I went to war with Mongolia. It had an area of fixed culture in between two of my cities.

One major problem is they don't defend their forts at all (so far as I had experience with). It was a trivial thing for me to declare war and move in my colonizing stack to a fort and claim it then setting up a city.

Afforess
Aug 02, 2010, 09:19 PM
Tell them to not pillage tiles they're claiming. I've seen the AI, quite a few times, raze a copper mine and then claim it.

I scrapped all the old AI; so they won't claim resources anymore. I don't see that as very useful in the long run anyway.

:lol: Yeah they do set up forts before getting a city in. That was cause celebre (or whatever fancy Latin phrase is for starting wars :lol:) why I went to war with Mongolia. It had an area of fixed culture in between two of my cities.

One major problem is they don't defend their forts at all (so far as I had experience with). It was a trivial thing for me to declare war and move in my colonizing stack to a fort and claim it then setting up a city.

So, add AI to hold and defend forts? When would you want the AI to defend a fort, when to retreat, and when to continue towards the enemy?

draz
Aug 02, 2010, 10:05 PM
1.74E crashing every time when I end the turn - it happened once before on this same game, but I somehow managed to dodge it after trying different saves. No such luck this time around, I tried earlier saves to try and do just about everything differently, but nothing seems to help (Plato's Workshop for example is finished on that turn, but delaying that had no effect either).

I've had my share of MAF errors before, but it shouldn't be the culprit this time since I'm still relatively early in on this game.

Oh and I edited Augustus's traits into Industrious/Scientific, if that is of any relevance.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Deep-Red Interface} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\Pelit\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Vista

os79
Aug 02, 2010, 10:16 PM
So, add AI to hold and defend forts? When would you want the AI to defend a fort, when to retreat, and when to continue towards the enemy?

That is a hard question :). Because I don't understand how AI function in respect to forts. As you may had noticed, worker AI have a tendency to build forts when civics make it profitable for short-term.

Personally, I wish forts were restricted to border tiles only, and be bestowed with a strong defensive ability that AI can use as sallying points. Then they can return to forts to heal.

But I will let you experts figure that one out :lol:.

Dancing Hoskuld
Aug 02, 2010, 11:17 PM
That is a hard question :). Because I don't understand how AI function in respect to forts. As you may had noticed, worker AI have a tendency to build forts when civics make it profitable for short-term.

Personally, I wish forts were restricted to border tiles only, and be bestowed with a strong defensive ability that AI can use as sallying points. Then they can return to forts to heal.

But I will let you experts figure that one out :lol:.

I like to have a fort or two well inside my territory but outside the working area of cities as a staging point for new units. Now to play a proper game now that my mod is tested and uploaded.

delez
Aug 03, 2010, 04:37 AM
sorry but I don't know how post it.
I ve a CTD problem. I m playing wit rom 2.91 and 1.73 patched. win 7. Hige map. 6mb ram.
this is the problem

Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
Nome applicazione: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Versione applicazione: 3.1.9.0
Timestamp applicazione: 4a0c27e6
Nome modulo con errori: D3D9.DLL
Versione modulo con errori: 6.1.7600.16385
Timestamp modulo con errori: 4a5bd9a9
Codice eccezione: c0000005
Offset eccezione: 00035794
Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 8485
Ulteriori informazioni 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Ulteriori informazioni 3: a4ea
Ulteriori informazioni 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

This happens in year 1754/55. It's impossobile go on, Please help, thanks

someone :confused:?

I got another problem: with xp, ROM 2.92 and 1,74 patched E every time I play (and I load the game) the screem reset to 1024x768 so everytime I must open the option menu and re-install the game setting (screen, audio, game options). Some idea? Thanks

szemek77
Aug 03, 2010, 04:56 AM

AND 1.74 has a problem with :gold: You can ride on 100% :science: easily with a huge margin. I had started a game on noble and abandoned it at close to 1 AD as it went too easy. I had 12 cities, while my rivals on same continent had 5, 5 and 3 respectively. Does anyone noticed problems with AI expansion?

As for gold I managed to gather 10000 and it seems to be ridiculous. I switched back to monarch level for the next game.....

strategyonly
Aug 03, 2010, 06:02 AM
I like to have a fort or two well inside my territory but outside the working area of cities as a staging point for new units. Now to play a proper game now that my mod is tested and uploaded.

I completely agree, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortification

Axil
Aug 03, 2010, 06:09 AM
Anyone else getting the issue with airstrikes CTDing

I'm now created fresh builds ROM 2.92 and AND1.74E on two different setup and whether you instruct a plane to airstrike a unit the game CTDs :(

Afforess
Aug 03, 2010, 10:46 AM
I know. I'll debug the crashes today guys; thanks for the patience.

dbkblk
Aug 03, 2010, 12:11 PM
It is working as intended. You can chop forests or jungles from the beginning, but you don't get any hammers untill you discover Bronze Wroking.

Finally, i still think there is a bug:

OK, i can chop forests / jungles before discovering the techs without getting hammers BUT i can only do this if i want to build a cottage or a mine. I CANNOT order a worker to chop a forest because it tell me that i need the tech. However, i can do it if i choose to build a cottage or a mine.

This sound a bit illogical to me, don't you ?

NBAfan
Aug 03, 2010, 12:30 PM
For Better RoM, I'm thinking about scaling city maintenance compared to the next largest empire. So if you empire has 12 cities, and the next largest empire has only 6, your maintenance is doubled. (Maintenance * 12 / 6). That should reduce maintenance for the AI's (the next largest AI's maintenance would be (Maintenance * 6 / 12), or cut in half...), most of the time, and increase maintenance for humans, most of the time. If you don't use Better RoM, no change. A good plan?Sounds good, should really help small civs keep up.

Domino369
Aug 03, 2010, 05:18 PM
Maybe it's just me but I find scrub fallout/sanitize having two seperate commands (fast and not) redundant. In all cases I'd use the fast option as there hasn't been any drawback or difference as they are also discovered at the same time.

Also, I find guilds to be a much better alternative to corporatist in almost every way since I tend to be corporation intensive. With guilds I can achieve 90% research late game (with the other -corporation cost civics like the corporate welfare and patrician). Also in that regard, I'm basically deadlocked into patrician, guilds, and corporate unless I want my research to drop to 5% or waaaay into the negatives. With government it's either demorcracy or fascism, with the latter being more valuable because foreign trade routes are just crap. I say that because I always pair fascism with nationalism and M.A.D. which as you know disable foreign trade routes.

Afforess
Aug 04, 2010, 01:36 AM
someone :confused:?

I got another problem: with xp, ROM 2.92 and 1,74 patched E every time I play (and I load the game) the screem reset to 1024x768 so everytime I must open the option menu and re-install the game setting (screen, audio, game options). Some idea? Thanks

Sorry, I don't provide support for older AND versions. As for your 1.74 issue, create a shortcut to load AND by defualt, instead of loading BTS, then choosing AND. It will save your settings. If your not sure how to do this, just search a bit in the forums, or open a thread on it.

Anyone else getting the issue with airstrikes CTDing

I'm now created fresh builds ROM 2.92 and AND1.74E on two different setup and whether you instruct a plane to airstrike a unit the game CTDs :(

Patch F will fix this. Sorry for breaking this feature, it broke in Patch C.

Maybe it's just me but I find scrub fallout/sanitize having two seperate commands (fast and not) redundant. In all cases I'd use the fast option as there hasn't been any drawback or difference as they are also discovered at the same time.

Also, I find guilds to be a much better alternative to corporatist in almost every way since I tend to be corporation intensive. With guilds I can achieve 90% research late game (with the other -corporation cost civics like the corporate welfare and patrician). Also in that regard, I'm basically deadlocked into patrician, guilds, and corporate unless I want my research to drop to 5% or waaaay into the negatives. With government it's either demorcracy or fascism, with the latter being more valuable because foreign trade routes are just crap. I say that because I always pair fascism with nationalism and M.A.D. which as you know disable foreign trade routes.

Try Realistic Corporations; you can make corporations pay YOU, so you can choose other civics.

Afforess
Aug 04, 2010, 01:42 AM
Afforess, do graphical changes break save files?
If they don't, I think buttons should be updated to generalstaff's new buttons. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9435026&postcount=156)

I saw those; but I'm a bit busy these days. I may add them eventually; no promises. It *shouldn't* break saves though.

Poodles.

I have RoM 2.92, AND 1.94 and Patch E, and Clash of Civilizations. (I don't believe Clash of Civilizations would be the problem here.)

Clash of Civilizations is most definitely the problem.

This has probably been reported but I did a mark all read on the Rise of mankind forum by mistake and lost where I was up to with these.

AND 1.74 patch E log
Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
WinXP

Bugs(?)

Even though I have Guilds off I can build the Guild Halls, the ones without the star in the icon
Whenever I build a Jousting Tournament in a city I get the movie. Either I should not be able to build it everywhere or it should not have a movie

Is there a log or something which tells you which options I have on and off since I reckon that this may be useful information for bug finding.

1.) Patch F will fix this.
2.) Patch F will fix this.
3.) Should wonder's still give their free building even when they go obsolete? It would be weird if they did...

No log for detailed gameoptions; but usually that doesn't matter.

Another interesting item. You can't build Corpernicus' Obsorbvatory where you have Lenardo's Workshop or Newton's College but you can build them where you have the first.

Wow; that bugs even in ROM. Nice catch. Patch F will correct that too.

I should be paying you DH... :mischief:

Ross1
Aug 04, 2010, 02:18 AM
I just loaded up civ 4 and all my settings got reset. Happened once before when I first installed a new dawn.

is this a known problem or is it just me?

climat
Aug 04, 2010, 05:24 AM
In CIVGameSpeedInfo.xml, the scale of Eternity is set to this.

<iResearchPercent>8000</iResearchPercent>
<iBuildPercent>8000</iBuildPercent>

I bet it's unintentional.

draz
Aug 04, 2010, 06:02 AM
*edit* nevermind!

Afforess
Aug 04, 2010, 11:17 AM
In CIVGameSpeedInfo.xml, the scale of Eternity is set to this.

<iResearchPercent>8000</iResearchPercent>
<iBuildPercent>8000</iBuildPercent>

I bet it's unintentional.

Yeah, thanks. I was fixing Eternity speed; scaling some of the modifiers better.

Tuvok694
Aug 04, 2010, 12:34 PM
I am currently playing my first game with AND.
I noticed this change from RoM 2.92: Building a mine on a hill with forest now removes the forest, is this a bug or a feature?

Afforess
Aug 04, 2010, 12:37 PM
Feature.

President
Aug 04, 2010, 01:24 PM
The Federal Bureau of Investigations and Central Intelligence Agency buildings apparently have a pink image rather than their actual icons for the city pop-up screen after you build the two buildings in such cities.

NBAfan
Aug 04, 2010, 02:40 PM
It seems I have run into an infinte loop.

Log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM {Better RoM} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
I also deleted all the leaderheads execpt for Franco, Henry VIII and Hirohito.

CiverDan
Aug 04, 2010, 03:58 PM
Been playing with 1.74. Tried a huge map/enternity/settler game (just to get a feel). Suffered one game freeze, but otherwise it is running fine. Have the 3GB RAM switch for my Win XP machine. Still no MAF issue with a 830 kb save game file on a 960MB RAM 2.2 Ghz processor.

As far as gameplay. Mainly looked at building chains etc. A few of my thoughts:

Modern Steelworks seems to do very little for its cost.
Building maintenance: Wonder was others have experienced with this. Seems like you have to be very careful to avoid having maintenance costs spiral out of control. a couple of the Corps are so penal as far as maintenance costs (the Soldiers one in particular). thats its really not worth building at all. 120 gold!! maintenance in a size 30 capital for 20 base beakers is hardly worth it.

Domino369
Aug 04, 2010, 04:25 PM
Heheh, when I get to modern era I do the 6 corporations that I can do together, Mapster, Cereal, Mining Inc, Soldiers, Mile High, and East-West and the maintenance is so bad that I have to be in at least guilds-corporate-patrician to squeeze out about 50%, but in the long run with that setup I end up with 1 turn research times by early-mid modern age anyways in Marathon and 3-2 turn research times for all the transhuman techs in Snail speed which is something I could never do with the old setup (ie just having Mining Inc-Cereal). At the time I get those research times I'm at 90% with my research bar too so I don't know what you're talking about with maintenance lol. At this point I'm also running Diety with increasing difficulty in mind.

And for me before going into that trio the soldiers corp. costs me about 200-300 a city since with like 30 cities with all of them having ammunation factories, we're talking a good 150 of the resource. But the trade off is that I also get 100 science per city plus all the free exp, which is really nice. I like seeing that 40k research a turn mid modern era :D

climat
Aug 04, 2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, thanks. I was fixing Eternity speed; scaling some of the modifiers better.

At first, it took 837 turns for researching Agriculture. I was shocked. :p

wheattone
Aug 04, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hey I've been playing the mod for a few games now and I love it, it really made civ iv a great game for me.

I had a hard time installing the mod at first but now that i've got it installed its been working great. One thing i've noticed though is that horse resources aren't showing up in any of my games. Its not a hug problem but it does take away a big part of combat strategy pre industrial.

Any advice? I'd rather not try to reinstall if possible due to the difficulty i had in the first place.

ichemandrew
Aug 04, 2010, 07:24 PM
I tried a few multiplayer games with 1.74 patch E over the weekend. We ran in to a lot of OOS errors; some seemed to resolve themselves within a few turns, at least one did not. Here are my log files and a saved game. Sorry if the logs look a bit incomplete, I joined a game a few dozen turns in.

winthrowe
Aug 04, 2010, 07:48 PM
Why are my fighters able to automate airstrike, but my bombers (early ones, B17 and 'bomber') not? Is this a balance decision, or a bug I should provide a save for?

os79
Aug 04, 2010, 08:17 PM
Why are my fighters able to automate airstrike, but my bombers (early ones, B17 and 'bomber') not? Is this a balance decision, or a bug I should provide a save for?

If they don't do collateral damage, then no automation for them.

os79
Aug 04, 2010, 09:07 PM
Nukes requires Nuke silo...
So far so good...

Nuke silos require nuclear lab
So far so good...

Nuclear lab requires lab
Not good...
Why?
Obsoletes at Superconductor...

Another user (forgot his name) in another thread said he/she went to Modern start and turned off Future era. And he/she can't build nukes.

Historically, nukes are available at a very Modern era (using Civ4 term here [Modern Era start approx. 1945 or so]).

So you should either push forward obsoleteness of lab in BUC modmod or have Nuclear Lab require something different or nothing at all.

Not for me. I think I will be able to build nukes in my game later on but for that user. :)

Domino369
Aug 04, 2010, 10:08 PM
I actually ran into an issue where I skipped out on the research institute all together and hit biological warfare before fission lol. In doing that I somehow also missing out on the whole nuke line until the ones that are like early future era.

winthrowe
Aug 04, 2010, 10:41 PM
If they don't do collateral damage, then no automation for them.

That makes sense, but those two units I mentioned show collateral damage in the civilopedia, so doesn't that mean they should have automation?

Afforess
Aug 05, 2010, 12:47 AM
So far so good...

So far so good...

Nuclear lab requires lab
Not good...
Why?

Another user (forgot his name) in another thread said he/she went to Modern start and turned off Future era. And he/she can't build nukes.

Historically, nukes are available at a very Modern era (using Civ4 term here [Modern Era start approx. 1945 or so]).

So you should either push forward obsoleteness of lab in BUC modmod or have Nuclear Lab require something different or nothing at all.

Not for me. I think I will be able to build nukes in my game later on but for that user. :)

Thanks; I'll see what I can do.

I'll look and try to make sure every air unit can be automated.

It seems I have run into an infinte loop.

Log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM {Better RoM} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
I also deleted all the leaderheads execpt for Franco, Henry VIII and Hirohito.

Great; I'll check it out. BTW, you and Os79 would be very honored with my setup:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/NBAfan%20and%20Os79..png

Dancing Hoskuld
Aug 05, 2010, 12:54 AM

AND 1.74 patch E log
Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
WinXP

Bugs(?)

1.) Patch F will fix this.
2.) Patch F will fix this.
3.) Should wonder's still give their free building even when they go obsolete? It would be weird if they did...

No log for detailed gameoptions; but usually that doesn't matter.

Wow; that bugs even in ROM. Nice catch. Patch F will correct that too.

I should be paying you DH... :mischief:

The problem with the Jousting Tournament having a movie was that normal buildings don't have movies only wonders do. Your solution means that you have opened the flood gates and now every building can have a movie! :eek:

The problem with San Marco Plaza is that if you don't play with BuildingUpgrades then it is an almost useless building, since it provides you with markets for a short while then you need to build them latter.

Afforess
Aug 05, 2010, 01:02 AM
The problem with the Jousting Tournament having a movie was that normal buildings don't have movies only wonders do. Your solution means that you have opened the flood gates and now every building can have a movie! :eek:

Yes; but that movie should only play once. ;)

The problem with San Marco Plaza is that if you don't play with BuildingUpgrades then it is an almost useless building, since it provides you with markets for a short while then you need to build them latter.

I guess I'll need to make some sort of compromise here...

Snofru1
Aug 05, 2010, 01:24 AM

I had the impression that the fast fallout removal leads quickly to new fallout somewhere else (just like hiding the ugly stuff at another place and finding it soon after). Is this the difference between fast and standard removal time?

digitCruncher
Aug 05, 2010, 03:41 AM
I had the impression that only clone workers and higher can clean fallout (fast), and regular workers can only clean fallout. This makes sense, as clones are expendable (in the RoM world, at least. In RL, there would be 'clone rights' activists :P), and thus they can do a better and faster and more thorough job before they... expire. :satan:

Dancing Hoskuld
Aug 05, 2010, 03:59 AM
Another weirdness, I can keep building Arena. For example when I got Rifling tech I could build the Arena in places I had built upgrades to it because they had expired.

strategyonly
Aug 05, 2010, 07:43 AM
Afforess @

Do alot of Fixed Borders like in the pic, cost for using them, cause my gold is gone:confused: Or is that just because of the roads costing so much to be built?

os79
Aug 05, 2010, 07:58 AM
@Afforess
:lol: about honoring me with my version of RoM :D.

@Afforess & Dancing Hoskuld
Yeah, I already thought about that when I made a tweak. However, I couldn't think of savegame compatible way so I was planning on waiting until 1.75 comes up before suggesting to Afforess and Killtech to have that obsoleteness for the wonder to be in BUC, but not in normal one.

@Strategyguy
Playing with Patch F, right? If yes, then if you have a largest empire, then you will have highest maintenance costs in comparison with other empires. Check out Patch F notes again :).

Killtech
Aug 05, 2010, 09:44 AM
So far so good...

So far so good...

Nuclear lab requires lab
Not good...
Why?

the nuclear lab is not a default RoM building and comes from some other mod. thus i couldn't change the requirements of it without adding this building. like the other advanced science buildings (accelerator, quantum lab, ...) it shouldn't require the research institute (not the laboratory anyway) but upgrade it for a production bonus.
i suggest making the change in the mod the nuclear lab comes form - adding the research institute if need be.

climat
Aug 05, 2010, 11:24 AM
I miss early espionage building like Bandit's hideout.

NBAfan
Aug 05, 2010, 11:28 AM
Great; I'll check it out. BTW, you and Os79 would be very honored with my setup:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49805/NBAfan%20and%20Os79..pngThose new game options must help a lot. Your mother plays?

generalstaff
Aug 05, 2010, 11:58 AM

I guess I'll need to make some sort of compromise here...

Good thing you coded forcedoverwrite then. Simply have San Marco normally be what I changed it to (Free Bazaar in every city, obsolete with Applied Econ; when I originally added it, I forgot about the Bazaar), and for BuildingUpgrades, have a forcedoverwrite version in the Commerce Chain, which fits with that chain.

soup567
Aug 05, 2010, 12:03 PM
In my game right now with some civs that I'm not next to, there is just wide open space in between us and it says that our borders spark tension. But we don't border each other. It's weird.

NBAfan
Aug 05, 2010, 12:06 PM
In my game right now with some civs that I'm not next to, there is just wide open space in between us and it says that our borders spark tension. But we don't border each other. It's weird.Did you sign a free trade agreement with anyone?

Afforess
Aug 05, 2010, 12:23 PM
the nuclear lab is not a default RoM building and comes from some other mod. thus i couldn't change the requirements of it without adding this building. like the other advanced science buildings (accelerator, quantum lab, ...) it shouldn't require the research institute (not the laboratory anyway) but upgrade it for a production bonus.
i suggest making the change in the mod the nuclear lab comes form - adding the research institute if need be.

That isn't true Killtech. You can add buildings to your mod; without forcing users to use them. See this quote from Xienwolf on dependencies:

bTypeDependency Indicates that this is a modification ONLY and if the Type doesn't already exist, not to bother loading what is listed here (keeps a Module which only changes the cost of a warrior from creating a brand new Warrior unit with no name and no stats, but a nice cost, if the main mod decides to delete/rename the warriors and you forget to remove the module)

AndDependencyTypes & OrDependencyTypes - Subelement is <DependencyType> and lists the <Type> of something else which exists in the XML.
What this actually does is it makes the module item not load at all unless the Type requirements are met (everything from the AND list exists already, and at least 1 thing from the OR list).

I use dependencies all over in my work.

soup567
Aug 05, 2010, 01:00 PM
Did you sign a free trade agreement with anyone?

No, not yet. It's still the beginning of the game.

Afforess
Aug 05, 2010, 01:24 PM
In my game right now with some civs that I'm not next to, there is just wide open space in between us and it says that our borders spark tension. But we don't border each other. It's weird.

Different Civ's have different thresholds for that complaint. The more aggressive ones will complain even when your borders don't touch.

soup567
Aug 05, 2010, 02:03 PM
Different Civ's have different thresholds for that complaint. The more aggressive ones will complain even when your borders don't touch.

Oh, ok.

Killtech
Aug 05, 2010, 02:28 PM
@Strategyguy
Playing with Patch F, right? If yes, then if you have a largest empire, then you will have highest maintenance costs in comparison with other empires. Check out Patch F notes again :).
didn't try this feature myself. but out of curiosity, doesn't this cause a big punch to your economy when you jump from nr.2 to the top over night? however, the screen shot from strategyonly shows excessive high expenses. he's down to 0% research and still at -20 gold/turn.

That isn't true Killtech. You can add buildings to your mod; without forcing users to use them. See this quote from Xienwolf on dependencies:

[...]

I use dependencies all over in my work.
thanks for the advise. i'll use them for the next version.

Aug 05, 2010, 06:10 PM
I loaded a game after updating to Path F, my maintenance costs went up alot (an no I'm not the biggest empire) I was expecting that some, but.... my research turns costs exponetially increased! I was researching engineering, was going to take me ~62 turns, after patching, ~406+ turns. I have two great engineers available, prior to patch, popping one would have given me enough to almost finish engineering, now pop, now, it hardly makes a dent. I assume it gives the same quantity of beakers towards it as it did before, but I don't recall exactly how much that was prior to patch, post patch its like 9900-something.

That is a pretty insane jump in research time, is that a bug or intentional?

Playing on Diety, Enternity speed. I have 13 cities, year is 266BC.

Afforess
Aug 05, 2010, 07:47 PM
I loaded a game after updating to Path F, my maintenance costs went up alot (an no I'm not the biggest empire) I was expecting that some, but.... my research turns costs exponetially increased! I was researching engineering, was going to take me ~62 turns, after patching, ~406+ turns. I have two great engineers available, prior to patch, popping one would have given me enough to almost finish engineering, now pop, now, it hardly makes a dent. I assume it gives the same quantity of beakers towards it as it did before, but I don't recall exactly how much that was prior to patch, post patch its like 9900-something.

That is a pretty insane jump in research time, is that a bug or intentional?

Playing on Diety, Enternity speed. I have 13 cities, year is 266BC.

Eternity speed got damaged in Patch F...